PDA

View Full Version : American's love their military men and women.

ttaM
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:08 PM
Sunday I was working at the base and decided to go to Taco Bell for lunch. I went with another co-worker who recently got back from her basic and tech school training. We were wearing our BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform) so the people in Taco Bell knew we were in the miltary. I was eating my taco when this man (who looked in his older 20's) approaches me. He shakes my hand and tells me and my friend/co-worker that he was very happy with all we're doing for our country. He also told us he would have bought both of us lunch had he gotten there before we did. So, instead he puts 15 dollars on our table and tells us to buy dessert! We thanked the man for his compliment but told him we didn't want his money. He insisted that we have it because we deserve it. The man leaves and my co-worker/friend and myself are staring at each other with the facial expression, "what just happened here?" The man who was sitting at the table next to us tells us that we also deserve the money. My friend and I decide to go to the grocery store to buy candy for the people in our office with the money. In the store we bought a whole bunch of candy and a halloween bowl to put it in. While we were walking out of the store this old lady, who was working one of the registers, puts suckers into the candy bowl I was carrying! We go back to work and tell everyone the story. I've been asked by little kids all the time if I'm a soldier, and people always tell me thanks for defending the country, but no one has ever given me money or candy before! :cool:

Tammy
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:21 PM
lol :) - that was cute...

.. my brother is in the army and my cousin is in the marines and everytime i go out with them they always get stopped and thanked by people and honestly i always thought it was extremely strange myself - so i wouldn't make a habit of it to be with them while they were going to or leaving from work :o

Scotso
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately not enough to keep them from dying in a senseless war. :(

Crazy Canuck
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Well it must be nice to know that people appreciate what you do.

Irish
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:01 AM
That is great Matt. The civilians are wonderful with their appreciation . :D :wavey:

Richie77
Sep 17th, 2002, 05:40 AM
That's a nice story Matt!
And I'd like to thank you and your friend for all you do for our country. :) :wavey:

King Satan
Sep 17th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Big up to Matt and his homie

Helen Lawson
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:57 PM
I am grateful to our brave men and women in our Armed Forces!

Barrie_Dude
Sep 17th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Great Story!