PDA

View Full Version : Best player since Marti?

Kiki
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:41 PM
IMO MGM"s the best Swiss player since Marti. :)

Beat
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:08 AM
hey kiki! wow, so nice to see somebody new in this section!

yeah, you might be right. I defintely think that MGM can go further can gagliardi or vavrinec have ever gone (maybe even schnyder!?). but of course there's also myriam casanova, who looks like a very bright prospect indeed.
my dream scenario is for these two players to really push each other. they're no. 63 and no. 65 right now. it's very exciting! :D

Doris Loeffel
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Beat I agree!!
Just that Myriam might be a bit favored from Swiss tennis as MGM (hmmm better her family) are still having troubles with them.

Manu and Mirca will unfortunately never reach an other level IMO. Don't know why but they lack consistensy and are often bothered by injuries as well. Patty has her up's and downs as well. Don't know what desease it is but "our" girls often win the first set with (I assume) great tennis just to loose the next ones.... Are they afraid of winning?? Are they shocked about their own good start?? Wish I knew it.

But after all MGM for sure has a great potential but she has a lot of work ahead of her if she want's to break Martinas records.

Gooo MGM!!

Beat
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:04 PM
doris, do you know what's up with miroslava? is she still recovering?

Zamboni
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Well, I honestly would rate Patty Schnyder higher than MGM, but of course she is a great talent, and I hope she can prove me wrong ;)

Beat
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:31 PM
well, it's really too early to compare all these players, I guess. one should not forget (and it's easy to forget) that schnyder has had some great success, winning seven career titles and reaching QF's at the french open and the us open. it's a long way for marie, but I'm certain she's got everything it takes to do it.

Zamboni
Sep 17th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Yeah, they're all young, so maybe we should compare them in 10 years time ;)

That's something good about the Swiss IMO, they keep having young promisful players. They must have an amazing youth system! (can you hear my jealousy?;))

The Vampiress
Sep 20th, 2002, 06:43 AM
I defintly think she is a good "investment" for the Swiss Tennis, She should be playing for Switzerland and not Armenia, but supposing the Swiss Tennis will allocate a larger grant for Mikaelin then Armenia will (I know it's not all about money) but I think she is capable of top 25 and so is Casanova in the future.

And Vavrinec....well she is still moderately young, but shes got the game to be in top 50 as well. (From What I have seen) just hope that injuries dont keep her form playing.