PDA

View Full Version : why is the american crowd...

spiritedenergy
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:26 AM
pro-Dushevina?:confused:

When she won the set all the people got up to cheer... i mean Venus is American:tape:

Despite all the black children in the ceremony i guess race harmony is still faraway over there...

barboza
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:27 AM
Oh hey spirited! Miss you. Lol.. the US Open crowd loves cheering for underdogs.

-jenks-
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:28 AM
I think they were giving vera a standing ovation for that passing shot on set point! :worship:

njnetswill
Oh shut up. They cheered because Vera hit a fantastic passing shot on the run, not because they are white supremacists.

AkademiQ
The American crowds like their own. The loud mouths like Capriati and Roddicks. Those players the US crowd ALWAYS gets behind no matter how crass and rude they are on court. They like their own. Oh yeah and they root for the underdog {default answer}

spiritedenergy
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:29 AM
Oh hey spirited! Miss you. Lol.. the US Open crowd loves cheering for underdogs.

oh ok got it;)

ttyn:wavey:

jelenacg
They are tennis crowd first
Are you seriously expect them not to applaud that point ? :bowdown::bowdown:

FrauleinSteffi
they always go for the underdog usually

DefyingGravity
Well, the U.S. Open crowd has a history of rooting against the Williams sisters, because I don't exactly remember Venus being an underdog against Justine......

Capriati vs. Serena.........

Today.......

Atomic
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:31 AM
RAcists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Blu€
Do you seriously expect them not to applaud that point ? :bowdown::bowdown:

Ditto, great point to win the set!:worship:

FrauleinSteffi
I like Venus' dress though!:) I hope she fights backs and stages a comeback victory..it would be a huge shock and tremendous upset if she loses 1st round in the US open as the number 3 player in the world and 2 time US open Champ as well as 7 slams overall

spiritedenergy
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
ok underdog and whatever but in Italy (i'm italian) this would never happen, would be like betrayal i mean:tape:

and americans are chauvinists too...

barboza
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
RAcists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

And France is better?

Craig.
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
Maybe cuz it was a spectacular point on SP? :shrug:

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:36 AM
Well, the U.S. Open crowd has a history of rooting against the Williams sisters, because I don't exactly remember Venus being an underdog against Justine......

Today.......

Mauresmo vs Serena, etc.

DefyingGravity
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:38 AM
Oh, and Davenport v. Serena and Monica v. Serena; yet again more rooting against.

starin
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:38 AM
actually the amaerican crowd is very pro american minus the WS.
although the last few years they've been more vocal since well there are no other us women to cheer for. Today it's just muted. no one is getting that much support.

calabar
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:41 AM
Oh Yes, Americans love to root for the underdog....my ass! I also believe that some day pigs will fly.

jelenacg
ok underdog and whatever but in Italy (i'm italian) this would never happen, would be like betrayal i mean:tape:

and americans are chauvinists too...

Same in Serbia :lol: :tape:
We would start booing Dushevina by now :tape:
So good for the tennis i guess but they should definitely give Venus more support imo :(

DefyingGravity
actually the amaerican crowd is very pro american minus the WS.
although the last few years they've been more vocal since well there are no other us women to cheer for. Today it's just muted. no one is getting that much support.

Justine vs. Venus 2007?

Jankovic vs. Venus 2007?

DefyingGravity
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:44 AM
Would you cheer in an unforced error-filled match?

Hell I would give Venus more encouragement to play well!!!!! Would the Brits leave Andy Murray out to dry if he was playing badly? Okay, well, bad example, because that answer is in the tabloids the next morning calling him a Scotsman.

drake3781
They think Dushevina is the underdog, and want to see a close match. They may want Venus to win but not in two easy sets. They want to see some tennis. Makes things exciting. That is all. Oh yeah, the amazing point. That is all.

Mightymirza
yeah crowd cud be more supportive :o

V's a star
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:46 AM

Today.......

Ya and also against Mauresmo in 02 Clijsters in 05. Its sickening

DefyingGravity
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:46 AM
And then would the Chinese leave Zheng or Na on their own if they aren't playing well? No! They'd yell their behinds off on any point that they won.

Donny
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:47 AM
They think Dushevina is the underdog, and want to see a close match. They may want Venus to win but not in two easy sets. They want to see some tennis. Makes things exciting. That is all. Oh yeah, the amazing point. That is all.

There is no way in hell they want this match to last longer.

spiritedenergy
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:48 AM
Same in Serbia :lol: :tape:
We would start booing Dushevina by now :tape:
So good for the tennis i guess but they should definitely give Venus more support imo :(

exactly! after the way it went, with the weird foot faults and all, she would not leave the stadium alive:lol::tape:

and again it's not the support, it's the way they reacted... they got up and cheered, they wanted Dushevina to win, so absurd.

Привет
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM
Well considering it's unlikely that anyone from here is actually in the crowd at the moment and (instead of watching the tennis they paid to go and see) is somehow accessing TF from their seat, I don't know why you are asking this question here. :confused:

the cat
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:54 AM
I think they were giving vera a standing ovation for that passing shot on set point! :worship:Exactly.

Optima
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:54 AM
The American crowds like their own. The loud mouths like Capriati and Roddicks. Those players the US crowd ALWAYS gets behind no matter how crass and rude they are on court. They like their own. Oh yeah and they root for the underdog {default answer}

Thanks for generalizing :wavey:

AkademiQ
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:56 AM
Thanks for generalizing :wavey:

You're Welcome :kiss:

DefyingGravity
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:04 AM
SEE, AFTER THAT WINNER, the New York crowd gave two claps basically. And I hear more "Go Vera's" than "Go Venus's" in the crowd.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:10 AM
how was the crowd for the Serena-Glatch match?

DefyingGravity
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:13 AM
how was the crowd for the Serena-Glatch match?

Placid....the match was stale, therefore the tennis was stale, but during that Glatch comeback in the first set, they were really supporting her. That I guess can be more forgivable because it's another American and you want to see her compete well to feel good about the future.

mckyle.
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:15 AM
Because the all-white New York crowd only likes white people. New York really needs more diversity.

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:28 AM
Because the all-white New York crowd only likes white people. New York really needs more diversity.

you're being facetious right? :lol:

tennnisfannn
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:29 AM
Oh Yes, Americans love to root for the underdog....my ass! I also believe that some day pigs will fly.
My dear they already are, it is called Swine Flu (flew):lol:

mckyle.
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:34 AM
New York City is the most diverse city in America.

lol.

you're being facetious right? :lol:

Bingo!

Vartan
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:38 AM
Go Vera!