PDA

View Full Version : Troops are already in Iraq.

Jay
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Well, I must confess that I had my doubts as to whether Iraq should be invaded. As far as I was concerned it mainly centred on whether there was proof that Iraq had or was near to having nuclear capability. Blair says they have although I am still doubtful to that. But it seems that other world leaders have suddenly made a U-turn and are willing to back the US led invasion so maybe those leaders have been priviy to irrefutable proof that Blair and Bush have shown them. I dunno.

One thing is certain, we should never have been in this position in the first place if the Amercians had finished the job in Desert Storm instead of being a bunch of pussies and halting their tanks at the gates of Baghdad. If we must invade at least this time go all the way and finish it once and for all.

As for sending in the SAS, they're already there.

I had word from some of my *cough* military friends (and no Walter they're not druggies, granted there were some British degenrates in Serbia but you know full well that we had some professional mercenaries there as well)

They flew out from their base in Hereford a couple of days ago.

They will be in Iraq by now preparing the way for the invasion.

So the war is going to happen and nothing can stop it.

We already have invaded Iraq.

We are past the point of no return.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Haven't Saudi Arabia said today, they will allow the UN entry?

Jay
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JelenaDokicIsHot
Haven't Saudi Arabia said today, they will allow the UN entry?

They have granted permission for the USA/UK to launch airstrikes from their country and of course allow us to mass troups there.

But as you know the SAS are not open warfare troops. They will be deep behind enemy lines doing amongst other things target spotting, entering target positions into a laptop which then connects with a satalite which is then programmed into the flight computers of the bombers. The pilots don't have to do any aiming. They just fly near the target and press a button and the bomb/missile is guided by what the SAS have typed into their laptop. Quite neat really.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:25 PM
I don't know too much about politics etc but i think i echo most people, when i say, i just want it to end peacefully, but whatever needs to be done, must be done and soon

Jay
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:42 PM
just got another report from someone.

"British Army is amassing equipment at Marchwood (army port on Southampton Water). Just down the road from me. Been very busy since yesterday"

Scotso
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:55 PM
This is out of hand. I wish there was a way in the United States to call for a national vote of no confidence in our leader. We have no right to invade Iraq. They have done nothing. We're the ones starving their country and bombing them while they sleep.

JasonW
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:59 PM
There starving their own country. AND We have to wait for them to do something? I don't think so. If invading them means our freedom, then so be it. Of course they have Nuclear Weapons, and recent polls show that the american people WANT to get rid of Saddam. Better safe than sorry....as the old saying goes.

ttaM
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Good point, Jason

Saddam is starving his people while he builds his palaces. Sure, the sanctions haven't helped the people any, but Saddam doesn't seem to be helping them.

If the war with Iraq happens. I hope the result of removing Saddam comes quickly and casualties are low.