PDA

View Full Version : anyone here play/played sports (other than tennis)?

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Just wondering if anyone here are playing sports in high school or uni or wherever.......or if they had done that. :o

I played soccer for 2 years, lacrosse for a year, and was on the swim team for 4 years in high school.

RYNJ
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:42 AM
I play football for my school. AND let me tell you when we shower its heaven...

SM
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:22 AM
I think i was best at soccer..played for a few years till i was about ten or eleven and probably shouldve pursued it if i had even a slight interest.

other than that i also captained our school volleyball side and i did great until the final..up two sets to none i choked and the eyar after i wasnt even picked on the team :(..

i didnt like either sport cos they are team oriented and i dont get enough say in the outcomes at times, and i get anxiety ;)!...but id have to say soccer was especialy boring with the slow paced nature of the game!

Mattographer
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Ten Pin Bowling... I had two dozen trophy :rolleyes: I'v been played Ten Pin Bowling for ten years. I was into Tennis in 1999 and still play Ten Pin Bowling. I wondered why I still play Ten Pin Bowling even I like Tennis more. In nearly end of 1999, I told my mum that I quit and joined Tennis!

:D LOL!!

Mattographer
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:34 AM
BTW - my highest score was 233 or something like that and I believed I had five strike in a row... but not sure, though.

Estefania_Swiss
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Football, field hockey, and track and field... I also joined a womens' rugby club! I am a huge tomboy

YSL
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Rugby Union. Played it at Uni (until I got injured) and am trying to take it up again now :)

Nikki
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:29 AM
I used to play hockey for my school team & was captain for a while. I also represented my school in athletics:)

Monica_Rules
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:32 AM
I play Badminton a bit no that often these days though!

I used to like hockey but only got to play it for about 12 weeks!

per4ever
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:51 AM
indoor-soccer :)

King Aaron
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:18 AM
i'm still thinking ;)

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:51 AM
hey, use the word Football, especially you europeans! :p ;)

i played basketball for 4 years.. just had one year off... thinking of joining the uni team! :D :bounce:

played FOOTBALL for the school during HS. but that was no biggie; it's not like i actually can play football - i was chosen coz i'm not afraid of the ball:p

irma
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:52 AM
I played tabletennis. I was not so good because I could not move fast! but I could smash forehands well!

franzit
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:58 AM
I played basket at high school and swimming when i was 10(but this last one was so boring):rolleyes:
Well,off course, I played often football too ;)

keta
Sep 16th, 2002, 11:59 AM
I play basketball. I love it!! Ive been playing since i was 5 and im 14 now soo thats 9 years!! Im in eth school athletics team aswell!!

TatiAnnahølic
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:29 PM
i played judo till last year i was champion of my province :p

vw43
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Tennis in college and tennis, soccer and diving in High School :)

Barrie_Dude
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Tennis, bowling (5, 10 and lawn), and softball at various points.

Central
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:53 PM
I played basket 10 years at school, high scholl, a couple of teams from my city...

veryborednow
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:24 PM
hockey, swimming, netball and rounders were my speciality.

now I kickbox - so watch out :p

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Kickboxing is great. :D:D:D

Tammy
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:29 PM
erm basketball, soccer, softball, and track for a bit as well.. -- i also took karate for 6 yrs ..:o

Mitzi
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:30 PM
I'm I the only one that didn't play any sports?...

Luna_Angel_84
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Erm, I did horse riding for 7 years but had to stop cos my dad left. I also did gymnastics, hockey, basketball, cross country running, football and competed in athletics for the school (800m, long jump and discus). :)

*Izzy*
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:21 PM
I did cross country running (nooooo!), hockey, athletics (on school team), pole vaulting (not on school team :p), hm what else. Oh yeah, rounders, and netball.

Pamela Shriver
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:01 PM
I play golf - thats how I met my George. Aside from my amazing doubles tennis career, you may have heard of me... *cough*

PamShriverRockz
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:18 PM
I played field hockey for the county and played rugby union too.

Although my main sport now is Giraffe/Commentator spotting ;)

Jem
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:39 AM
In addition to tennis, I played U.S. football and basketball, both of which I gave up in high school. I was good at football, but just didn't love the sport or didn't want to put in the effort. I somewhat regret not pursuing it. I loved basketball and played until I was 16. I was a good player, but my high school had a lot of great players, which meant I wasn't good enough to hang with the greats. I played No. 1 on my high school tennis team my junior year, but graduated early and missed my senior season.

Mattographer
Sep 17th, 2002, 12:43 AM
And many more in school ;)

TeNnIsFaN
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:44 AM
I play volleyball, basketball, and tennis for my school.

angele87
Sep 17th, 2002, 01:49 AM
The only sport I play now is volleyball :D I adore it... season starts in 2 weeks :bounce:

But I've tried everything fron figure skating to softball to swimming :o

half-time
Sep 17th, 2002, 07:29 AM
I play a lot of volley-ball. And on vacation, skiing or water-skiing depending on the season.

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Sep 17th, 2002, 04:03 PM
i've played softball a couple of times! it was FUN! damn norwegian girls who hates sports... .. :mad: lol :D

omg.. i'm so sore from my basket yesterday.... :( first practice in almost a year.. :sad: *feeling rusty and old* :sad:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 17th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by angele87
The only sport I play now is volleyball :D I adore it... season starts in 2 weeks :bounce:

But I've tried everything fron figure skating to softball to swimming :o

They Let Goobers play volleyball?;) :) :p :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

salima
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:42 PM
I was doing cross-country skiing in local, national and some international events. I have also played soccer at a very moderst level, and as all skiers I have competed in long distance running. :cool:

BigB0882
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:45 PM
I was on the swim team my senior year in high school.

I have also tumbled and/or done gymnastics since I was in 5th grade. Mostly tumbling though.

Mazza
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:57 PM
I normally have to do quite alot of sports at school like Netball, Hockey, Rounders, Volleyball, Circuits but I mainly concentrate on Badminton, Dance, Athletics and Cross-country and been in teams and stuff! :)

Josh
Sep 17th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Swimming and table tennis.

angele87
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude

They Let Goobers play volleyball?;) :) :p :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Of course... goobers make the best volleyball players :D As long as we don't get distracted by a cute couple in the stands ;) :kiss:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:46 PM

Of course... goobers make the best volleyball players :D As long as we don't get distracted by a cute couple in the stands ;) :kiss:

And sooooooo my baby truly is a goober!:hearts: :kiss: :drool: :lick:

angele87
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:48 PM

And sooooooo my baby truly is a goober!:hearts: :kiss: :drool: :lick:

Of course I am :p And if you love me, you're gonna have to accept that cuz it's not going to change ;) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

lemon
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:49 PM
hmm..... lets see here... I played soccer for HS, and am still in a city league. I'm in my 10th year or so of Taekwando, I played U.S. foot ball in HS also. ummm do you consider college marching band a sport? Cuz I'm in that and It sure feels like it after you've marched the UW-Madison way :D Oh yeah, I'm trying to buff up for the ironman competition in 3 years :rolleyes:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 17th, 2002, 10:53 PM

Of course I am :p And if you love me, you're gonna have to accept that cuz it's not going to change ;) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Baby, I've said this before and I'll say it again: You are perfect the way you are! I'm so very lucky to be with you and I love you!:hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :drool: :lick:

angele87
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:02 PM

Baby, I've said this before and I'll say it again: You are perfect the way you are! I'm so very lucky to be with you and I love you!:hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :drool: :lick:

*blush*

Thanks sweetie, I don't know what I'd do without you :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: I love you too :angel:

Irish
Sep 19th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Basketball, tennis, volleyball, competitive swimming, softball, soccer, jogging, racquetball, touch and powderpuff football (Americans may be more familiar with the last). :)

THE NET
Sep 19th, 2002, 05:03 PM
I play Badminton and I am very good at it. I turned to play tennis more as I like watching tennis. I have got many gold medals from Badminton!!! And I think, Badminton help me a lot in tennis!!!