PDA

View Full Version : Who has a right to tell you what to do?

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:47 AM
Does anyone really have a right to tell you what you should do or what you shouldn't do? Or even, Does anyone really have a right to tell you that you have to do something?

Barrie_Dude
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:48 AM
No

Jordan.
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:49 AM
My parents,duh.... :rolleyes:

lemon
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:50 AM
Nope, but people will always do it :o

ASV
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:55 AM
i do.

get used to it ;)

Candy946
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:10 AM
Of course. If everyone can do whatever they please, the world would be in total chaos.

DutchieGirl
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:23 AM
technically no, but there are lots of situations where people can... ie if you are in prison, or if you are at work, and your boss tells you to do something...

angele87
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Candy946
Of course. If everyone can do whatever they please, the world would be in total chaos.

agreed!

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:27 AM
So lets say it is a stranger, you don't know the guy, but he's forcing you to go somewhere rather you like it or not........that's not right, is it?

Jordan.
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:30 AM
:hearts: :kiss: :D :lick: :drool: Alexis :drool: :lick: :D :kiss: :hearts:

DutchieGirl
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Alexis
So lets say it is a stranger, you don't know the guy, but he's forcing you to go somewhere rather you like it or not........that's not right, is it?

well, if they've got a gun to my head or something,I think I'm gonna do what they say, whether they have the right to or not! ;)

angele87
Sep 16th, 2002, 01:39 AM

Of course it's not right! So in this case, you have the right to tell him not to take you somewhere you don't want to go!

Barrie_Dude
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by angele87

Of course it's not right! So in this case, you have the right to tell him not to take you somewhere you don't want to go!

There is only one thing I want you to do, Angele........

:hearts: :hearts: Hold Me In Your Arms:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

angele87
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Barrie_Dude

There is only one thing I want you to do, Angele........

:hearts: :hearts: Hold Me In Your Arms:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

You don't have to tell me to do that.... I'd do it anyway :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :lick: :drool: :hearts: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :kiss:

Jordan.
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:14 AM
Gross... :rolleyes:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:14 AM
And they wonder why I Love You.......:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

angele87
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Jordan

*slap*

Barrie" :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:kiss:

Barrie_Dude
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Jordan

:mad: Kicking Jordie Butt:mad:

Jordan.
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:56 AM
Take your pick,Alexis or Angele? :eek:

ASV
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:07 AM

last time i checked, this sounds like kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, and most likely rape!

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:07 AM
if your political leader tells you that you either have to give up your religion or die, what would you do? Give up your only chance to live or give up the religion you strongly believe?

ASV
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:08 AM
if your political leader tells you that you either have to give up your religion or die, what would you do? Give up your only chance to live or give up the religion you strongly believe?

i'd move to israel.

RYNJ
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Any cute guy that I like tells me what to do, I WILL DO!!! LMFAO

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:41 AM
lmao@daniel. :o

You naughty boy. :p

RYNJ
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:44 AM
lmao@daniel. :o

You naughty boy. :p

It doesnt have to be like "Danny suck this or that"

it can be "Danny play with me"

Williams Rulez
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:46 AM
lol... Danny... :o

Jordan.
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Oh dear..... :rolleyes:

King Satan
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Bullshit, no one can tell you what to do. People can make suggetions, but that's all. Not even your parents have the right, they might have the right to gide you, and teach you, but they have no right to tell you what to do.

Atleast that's how I feel

RYNJ
Sep 16th, 2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by TheGuy
Bullshit, no one can tell you what to do. People can make suggetions, but that's all. Not even your parents have the right, they might have the right to gide you, and teach you, but they have no right to tell you what to do.

I know parents shouldnt tell you what to do

but for some reason I have this sweet spot for cute guys:rolleyes:

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:04 AM

I agree with you 100% :)

wongqks
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:53 AM
well depends on teh context of what they try to tell you.

If the law tell you not to robbed to kill or do any unlawful thing, of course thye ahve the right.

Estefania_Swiss
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:16 AM

Go and tell that to a housewife in India. Some persons, like myself, must do what their parents say. Don't know where you're from, but jump back down to reality. Not everyone can be an American and talk back to their parents or not be back at a certain time. Of course, people don't have to listen, but given the harsh degree of punishment, and you're used to a dictatorship world or society, you will do as told.

BasicTennis
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:31 AM
The reality is, while you are still depending on somebody (parents/relatives), you'll have to follow their rules otherwise move out and rule your own life.

Generally, Parents always think what is best for you.:angel:

irma
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:36 AM
my opinion is that you should always make a decision wich you think is the best because when it goes wrong you can only blame yourself.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure where you are going with this - if any particular place..

Regardless - without certain laws and ideals set for a given society, it would be - as already stated - "utter chaos".

Thus as a means to sustain social order, someone(s) has the authority to maintain that order.

Though, I live in a democracy. If you don't agree with the restraint given, you can always protest it.

irma
Sep 16th, 2002, 07:58 AM
is this not about decisions and rules in a personal area?
I am a very good citizen who always lives after the laws :p (except that I cycle in the shopstreet once in a while because I am to lazy to walk)

Crazy Canuck
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:05 AM
irma, I wasn't sure what it was about.

in terms of freinds and family, none of them have the "right" to tell you what to do - not in my society at least.

I suppose that there are place in the world where some of the given do have that right, but I can only speak of what I know.

BasicTennis
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:10 AM
there simply no such thing as total freedom. you'll have to obey rules whether you like it or not.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:45 AM
ERM.......obviously there are laws but if you mean in everyday life, if someone tells you what to wear, who to speak to, who to be friends with etc etc then tell them to sod off.

Lead your own life, don't let anyone lead it for you but also compromise (if the other person is also willing to compromise)

Miranda
Sep 16th, 2002, 08:47 AM
no :cool: except that i love that person very much but i have not yet met this person :cool:

Kisha
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Anne Robinson:(

No-one has the right, not even your partner, not even your mother - Noboby can! Its not right, ok!

So just do what you wanna honey!!:kiss: (with in reason though)

KNOW YOUR BOUNDRIES HONEY:p

LMAO i sound like an inspiration leader!:p

YSL
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Everyone has the right to tell you what to do as they have the right to speak their mind.
HOWEVER
You also have the right to ignore them should you choose! :p

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
I'm not sure where you are going with this - if any particular place..

Nowhere really, I was just interested in what you people think. :)

Jetta
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:10 PM
lmao go Keesh ;)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Sep 16th, 2002, 02:39 PM
I can't tell anyone else what to do, cos i don't even listen to myself!

King Satan
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Estefania_Swiss

Go and tell that to a housewife in India. Some persons, like myself, must do what their parents say. Don't know where you're from, but jump back down to reality. Not everyone can be an American and talk back to their parents or not be back at a certain time. Of course, people don't have to listen, but given the harsh degree of punishment, and you're used to a dictatorship world or society, you will do as told.

I never said you wouldn't be punished. It's like if some cop told me to do something, and I said no, I might get my ass kicked, but I'm not gonna bow down to anyone just coz some stupid law says that he's the authority.