PDA

View Full Version : I really think Bin Laden is dead

Fingon
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:42 AM
It's not wishful thinking, I think there are many clues that suggest that.

While the US was bombing Afghanistan, Bin Laden sent a number of videos to Al Jazeera (sp?).

Not his liutenants, it was him talking to the muslim word, trying to incite them to join the holywar.

In his last video, Bin Laden didn't look good, he seemed to be injured or sick, he looked older and since them, we haven't heard from him.

Apparently, some Al quaeda members were saying that Bin Laden will "soon" release a video, but that didn't happen, and I think if he was going to do that he would just do it, as he did previously. I think if Bin Laden was alive he would try to demonstrate it to his followers, not have one liutenant promising he is alive.

More interesting, apparently a muslim website quoted some Al Quaeda members saying that even though Bin Laden was dead, the fight would continue. They also said that the americans had intelligence information on his whereabouts and a B52 launched a missile that killed him. Later, they denied it, saying that the missile strike when Bin Laden wasn't there and the dead person was someone with a similar name.

Finally, Al quaeda has always plot well planned operations, very organized, very effective, we've seen in the last few months some amateur intends like the guy trying to blow up a plane with explosives in his shoes or the other guy who tried to board a plane with a weapon, look like desperate intends to do something

lemon
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:46 AM
god I hope you're right about this speculation :d It would be so much easier, if he was dead.

Barrie_Dude
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:48 AM
Bin Laden may be dead..... but what do we do with the terroist cells left behind?

Canek
Sep 16th, 2002, 12:51 AM
'til not see it, not believe it ;)

disposablehero
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:02 AM
Maybe. However, I certainly don't think Omar is dead, and we haven't seen him either. Which would suggest you don't want to assume too much.

Fingon
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:22 AM
yes disposable, but Omar was a reclusive leader, he was barely seen even when he was in power, and frankly, I don't think he counts much anyways, I think he was controlled by Bin Laden and his power depended on him.

Bin Laden on the other hand liked to appear in public, he gave interviews, sent videos, and clearly IMO wanted to send a message to his followers that he was alive despite being attacked by a superpower with all its sophisticated weaponry.

What really makes me think he is dead is that Al Quaeda has been desperately trying to show he is not, except by showing the conclusive proof, Bin Laden himself. And that website that said he was dead and then denied it is apparently very reliable (sorry but I can't remember the address, and I think it's in arabic anyways).

Omar was never a factor, I think Omar was just a moron, Bin Laden, Al Zawahiri (sp?) on the other hand are (were) very psychos, but intelligent and that was what made them so dangerous.

Williams Rulez
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:48 AM
I agree with Fingon's analysis... :)

King Satan
Sep 16th, 2002, 04:57 AM
If he is dead, their would just be someone else to take his place. This is a never ending war, much like the war on drugs.

Fingon
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:21 AM
maybe, but to take his place isn't that easy

LucasArg
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:22 AM
I don;t think he is dead, Show me his body:rolleyes:

King Satan
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Fingon
maybe, but to take his place isn't that easy

Please explain

Fingon
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:42 AM
As much as we can hate that man, as much as we can think he is sick, we must recognize something and it's his capacity.

He obviously has a superior mind, and a strong leadership, he is a leader. He is insane, evil, but there are millions that are, what makes him different and dangerous is his intelligence and leadership.

It's not easy to find someone like him and I believe he personally was the main factor to keep Al Quaeda united. If he is dead, for those fanatic it will be like losing their god, their leader.

Mohamed Atta and the other hijackers were murderers, but they also were a bunch of idiots, the real murder, the real danger are the organization that put them on those planes, and told them what to do. I don't know if that organization would be as efficient without Bin Laden.

Fingon
Sep 16th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by LucasArg
I don;t think he is dead, Show me his body:rolleyes:

If he is dead, the most probable is that he was strike by a missile or a bomb, there isn't much left probably. I don't need to see the body, as long as I DON'T see him alive. Right now, I believe it's more important for Al Quaeda to show he is alive than for the US to show he is dead, if they don't show him alive I will think he is dead, the same applies to Al Zawahiri.

RYNJ
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:03 AM
I hope he is

wongqks
Sep 16th, 2002, 06:23 AM
I don't want him dead, I want him to go through a public trial first!!!!

BB
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:24 AM
I think this asshole is laying in the sun on a beautiful island. He isn't death, I doubt that...:fiery:

irma
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:26 AM
does is it matter? he has a clone who is just as worse: his son!

Crazy Canuck
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by wongqks
I don't want him dead, I want him to go through a public trial first!!!!

This would be ideal for some, but not very realistic. Hypothetically, if such a situation every arose, I highly doubt that he would let himself be taken alive by those he hates most.

Williams Rulez
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Public trial? I think I'd rather not risk it, he is best dead like now... imagine what the fanatics would do to rescue him. Blow up half of America? The thought is scary.

Monica_Rules
Sep 16th, 2002, 09:52 AM
I hope he is.The world is a better place without him but i doubt by just killing him the whole organisation will colapse!