PDA

View Full Version : Toronto QF's on TV

perseus2006
Aug 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Just checked to see the start times for the Toronto QF matches on TTC and ESPN2. Here's what I found:

None of them are live!

TTC is carrying, evidently, the afternoon matches in two hour windows starting at:

5:00 PM Rogers Cup : Singles Quarterfinal (DELAY).
7:00 PM Rogers Cup : Singles Quarterfinal (DELAY).

ESPN2 is carrying the evening matches in a two hour window starting at 12:30AM EDT. The way I interpret this is that they will show only part of each evening match?!?

When I did this for the LA tournament, some posters showed me that I was wrong and provided the real schedules. Please show me I am wrong again!!!

I just cannot believe the WTA can operate this poorly.

In The Zone
Aug 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
It's difficult because the Men's event in Cincinnati is in the same time zone. The USO Series refuses to air two tournaments at the same time, competing with one another. Like last week, the Men's event gets priority.

Kipling
Aug 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
ESPN2 is carrying the evening matches in a two hour window starting at 12:30AM EDT. The way I interpret this is that they will show only part of each evening match?!?

I don't read it that way. Sounds like TTC has the afternoon matches and ESPN2 will air whichever night match turns out to be more compelling. ESPN/TTC is not obligated to show all 4 quarters. In fact, that almost never happens. OTOH, it wouldn't surprise me, given the schedule, if ESPN or TTC interrupts regular programming to add the 4th QF. TTC, in particular, doesn't seem too glued to their broadcast schedule.

MBM
Aug 21st, 2009, 06:09 PM
eurosport player are showing 3 matches... but it doesn't say which one they're skipping...eek! Dementieva and Stosur are up as the "Upcoming Match", so that's 1/3

Leo_DFP
Aug 21st, 2009, 07:54 PM
ESPN just confirmed the obvious: will show Sharapova vs. Radwanska tonight.