PDA

View Full Version : US Open: Ana cheer up, go get a drink, and take a short vacation somewhere.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

AstuteLearner8
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:36 AM
Time for me to open my very first thread! :)

Ok so LA, Cincy, and Toronto sucked :ras: Now all Ana needs to do is to concentrate on US Open. It should be interesting considering the fact that Ana ALMOST won today, so just focus on US Open Ana, please.

The last time she played here, :eek:. After her second round last year she was everywhere :sobbing:, radio, tv, newspaper, "Coin hits the jackpot!" or "Shocking loss!" damn Americans don't have anything else to report on?! (this was before stock market collapse)

So Ana reverse your fortune by playing a good US Open, or at least get past 2nd round!!

Let's go!!:armed:

Update: sigh...

spiritedenergy
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:38 AM
My guess:

1R: Clijsters beat Ivanovic 6-3 6-0:o

Curtos07
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Here's my prediction:

Ana will lose to Julie Coin 6-3, 2-6, 3-6 in the 1st round. :o

Orbis
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:42 AM
My guess:

1R: Clijsters beat Ivanovic 6-3 6-0:o

If Ana draws Clijsters I will lose all faith in anything. :lol:

DownTheLine21
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I'm only hoping for a 1R victory to keep the streak alive.

As such, I'm begging the draw gods to keep Clijsters away from Ana.

InsideOut.
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:39 AM
I hope whoever draws Ana gives her a walkover.

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I hope whoever draws Ana gives her a walkover.

I`m tired and disappointed but this is :haha::haha:
:worship:

Nikkiri
Aug 20th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I'm the first one to get negative sometimes.. but seriously this is out of hand now. Just try and have some faith. She is still winning matches and she is still trying.

Polikarpov
Aug 20th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Ana will win the US Open saving match points in each match!

SOA_MC
Aug 20th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Ana just do something at USO that doesn't make me want to throw rocks at you :rolleyes:

I should log off before I say something stupid and get the mods attention :scared:

Mixo
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Mixo told you on 28th July when everybody expected a good USO series from Ana

I see early losses in LA, Cincy and Toronto till the Us Open where she will win humiliating all her rivals.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Ana won her 2nd GS!

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Mixo told you on 28th July when everybody expected a good USO series from Ana

Mixo! :lol:

:worship:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I just want Ana to win her first match. After that everything is a bonus.

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Sven has just writen this in his facebook, along with a pic of him and Wozniacki.

Sven Groeneveld
practice is over of to New Haven for Caro
51 minutes ago

Does this mean he will be with her in New Haven? Because that would see Ana practicing alone.. Cahill has ESPN duties in New Haven as well.

Oh well.. would that even make any difference? :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Oh great
Any chances Ana is in New Haven also? :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Oh great
Any chances Ana is in New Haven also? :rolleyes:

No.. Ana was offered a Wild Card, but turned it down. I doubt that she will be there just to practice.. she will probably head to NY.

http://pilotpennhr.blogspot.com/2009/08/ivanovic-passing-on-new-haven.html

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:39 PM
No.. Ana was offered a Wild Card, but turned it down. I doubt that she will be there just to practice.. she will probably head to NY.

I read that i knew she wouldn`t take it .So she will be practicing alone then
First round lost at US open here we come :drive:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I read that i knew she wouldn`t take it .So she will be practicing alone then
First round lost at US open here we come :drive:

:sad:

I still can't believe Ana is in a worse situation now compared to a year ago when she was injured. :help:

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Lucie won ,good for her i guess

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Matt Cronin just wrote this on facebook:

Matt Cronin Sven Groeneveld: Sven: Going to e-mail you a question on AI. - Matt

I always feel like Cronin is a bit of an Ana fan and he is also upset and disappointed with her slump. I guess we should take a look at tennis reporters the next few days.. it just might have some info.

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM

I always feel like Cronin is a bit of an Ana fan and he is also upset and disappointed with her slump. I guess we should take a look at tennis reporters the next few days.. it just might have some info.

And what kind of info do we need.She is playing bad ,her mental strength is nowhere to be found ,she is afraid and wants to run away during matches
But i`m sure Swen will say they will work on some issues :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 10:05 PM
And what kind of info do we need.She is playing bad ,her mental strength is nowhere to be found ,she is afraid and wants to run away during matches
But i`m sure Swen will say they will work on some issues :rolleyes:

Yes.. :o

Well.. I still have a bit of hope she won't lose in the first round of the USO. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Lucie won ,good for her i guess

Good for her...

Still can't get over Ana's loss.. that FH! :sobbing:

What a wasted chance at a QF. :o

AstuteLearner8
Aug 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I think she would make it past the first round depending on opponent, it's the second round she always have trouble with :fiery:. But I think since Ana thinks differently at grand slams, I'm hoping for a good showing. Baby steps, baby steps ;).

spiritedenergy
Aug 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM

:o

Ana is a mess and mental midget, nothing more to know:rolleyes:(at Cronin not you Izzy)

Curtos07
Aug 20th, 2009, 11:25 PM

Does she have something more important to do next week? I don't think it will make much of a difference either way but match play is better than practice and Ana hasn't played much matches this summer with all these early exits. I think she should of have taken the wild card and played in New Haven. It will help her more than just practicing all next week. Who knows, maybe she wins a few matches and feels a little better about herself heading into the US Open. :confused:

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM
Does she have something more important to do next week? I don't think it will make much of a difference either way but match play is better than practice and Ana hasn't played much matches this summer with all these early exits. I think she should of have taken the wild card and played in New Haven. It will help her more than just practicing all next week. Who knows, maybe she wins a few matches and feels a little better about herself heading into the US Open. :confused:

Well.. honestly.. I think Ana just doesn't feel like playing. She looked crushed after losing to Safarova, and I feel like she will take days off.. and then think about the USO. Hopefully she can perform better there, being a slam and all.

It will definitely hurt her ranking though. If Radwanska reaches the semis and Stosur wins the title, Ana won't even be top 12 for the USO. And both Petrova and Bartoli can also overtake Ana next week in New Haven. Actually... Ana will most probably finish the year in her worst position since 2004. So adding a few tournaments could help on that.. I'm not sure if with anything else. Maybe it would be better if she just finished her duties and then took a long time out. It might reignite her love for the game.. or not.. who knows? :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:27 AM
Well.. honestly.. I think Ana just doesn't feel like playing. She looked crushed after losing to Safarova, and I feel like she will take days off.. and then think about the USO. Hopefully she can perform better there, being a slam and all.

It will definitely hurt her ranking though. If Radwanska reaches the semis and Stosur wins the title, Ana won't even be top 12 for the USO. And both Petrova and Bartoli can also overtake Ana next week in New Haven. Actually... Ana will most probably finish the year in her worst position since 2004. So adding a few tournaments could help on that.. I'm not sure if with anything else. Maybe it would be better if she just finished her duties and then took a long time out. It might reignite her love for the game.. or not.. who knows? :sobbing:

Oh how much i like these words :help::help:
Yes sure her game is fine so she needs a few days off and then she will practice alone for 5-6 days and that would be her preparation for GS .Maybe she can go and watch some golf i heard it does wonders to your fitness :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:33 AM
Oh how much i like these words :help::help:
Yes sure her game is fine so she needs a few days off and then she will practice alone for 5-6 days and that would be her preparation for GS .Maybe she can go and watch some golf i heard it does wonders to your fitness :lol:

:lol:

Ana has gone into every single slam underprepared this season. This is actually the slam she has played the most matches before.. :help:

She played 3 matches before AO, 3 matches before RG, 1 match before Wimbledon and 6!! matches before the USO. She is amazingly prepared! :o

And since she is so lucky, watch for a Radwanska vs Stosur final in Toronto. :tape:

jelenacg
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:40 AM

Ana has gone into every single slam underprepared this season. This is actually the slam she has played the most matches before.. :help:

She played 3 matches before AO, 3 matches before RG, 1 match before Wimbledon and 6!! matches before the USO. She is amazingly prepared! :o

And since she is so lucky, watch for a Radwanska vs Stosur final in Toronto. :tape:

After seeing this she has done more than enough at RG and Wimbledon :lol:
But the thing is US open was always her weak spot and with her luck watch her draw KIm in 1R/2R or have some ridiculously hard draw

Illusionist
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:49 AM
I think she'll get to the RND16 here, like in 2 previous Grand slams... hm... at least RND32, we all know that NY and Ana aren't really in love :p
Winning two matches in a row would be a nice thing to see.. Please Ana, please! My expectations can't get lower than this.

InsideOut.
Aug 21st, 2009, 04:27 AM

Stosur can't win finals. ;) And I really think Sharapova will be out for blood against Radwanska - this Agnieszka Radwanska is far from the one that beat her at USO in 07. That Radwanska played smart, compact, tactical tennis, while this version is a worse pusher than Wozniacki (which is saying a lot :rolleyes:), so unless Sharapova misses like crazy, she should beat her. So Ana should be top 12 for USO seedings. It doesn't matter if Petrova and/or Bartoli overtake her next week, which they probably won't, because Petrova has sucked even worse than Ana this year (one fluke SF, no other QFs :help:), and Bartoli is still in her regular post-tournament-win slump and could crumple first round to Youlia Fedossova or someone. :lol:

I just hope Ana gets a good draw to win a round or two here. :sad: Wouldn't it be the irony of ironies if she has a completely shit year but gets to a slam SF here? :p Though it is unlikely. :o She just has to get into a shit quarter consisting of Dinara, Petrova and a few other Russian headcases. :tape: Knowing Ana's luck though, most likely that will be Sharapova's draw and then the Mashabators will be gloating about it in GM. :rolleyes:

Davodus
Aug 21st, 2009, 09:09 AM
I really like Ana's unbeaten 1st round of slams run, and I don't want it to end :sad: But I guess even in not good form the last couple of tournaments she has won her first match.

All in all I think another 4th round would be a really good result :shrug:

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:00 PM
12th seed or 13th seed :shrug: Ana hasn't lived up to her seeding for a long time

It's really unimportant unfortunately :sad:

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Guys have a little bit more faith. She can't go on like this forever, can she? Let's hope she wins a couple of matches in NYC and that she doesn't draw Kim :o

Midge.
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM
08 USO - 2nd
09 AO - 3rd
09 FO - 4th
09 W - 4th
09 USO -

Like Serena, AnaGOAT only turns up at the slams. :bowdown:

In all seriousness though, Ana is usually pretty hopeless in NewYork. And since she looks like she wants to end the season right now, i'd be content with a 3rd round. Would be nice though if she got a Masha type cakewalk and drew Nads and Beepa. Masha is a headcase magnet at the moment.

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Ana will probably lead somebody in the 1st round of the USO by a set and a break or by two breaks in the third set and choke the match away.. that's her thing now... :rolleyes:

Ana was never a choker.. :sobbing: but she has tasted it now... and once a choker, always a choker. :mad::sad:

soul
Aug 21st, 2009, 01:58 PM
I wonder where did the girl playing well in Wimbledon go? When I saw her play in Wimbledon I thoght something has changed and Ana would recover from her bad poor performance.But now even she is worse than last year,at least last year she had injury excuses now what?
I really dont know what to say?Even as supporters feel badly imagine how does Ana feel ?
She has the ability,talent,everthing but what can prevent her from to close match from 5-3?

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
It won't last forever, it won't last forever...

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM
I wonder where did the girl playing well in Wimbledon go? When I saw her play in Wimbledon I thoght something has changed and Ana would recover from her bad poor performance.But now even she is worse than last year,at least last year she had injury excuses now what?
I really dont know what to say?Even as supporters feel badly imagine how does Ana feel ?
She has the ability,talent,everthing but what can prevent her from to close match from 5-3?

I think there are 2 main problems.

1 - Ana has lost her game. Her characteristic game is nowhere to be seen recently. I've been watching some old matches, and the Ana of today is a completely different player. An average player.. which she never was before. The closer she got to reaching her game was the match against Stosur at Wimbledon.. but it seemed like an oasis in the desert. I also can't exactly figure out how she went from playing okay at Wimbledon to what we have now.. the break should have helped, instead it drove her away.

2 - Ana has lost the belief she can win. She seems often scared to lose IMHO. And tentative.. sometimes pushing herself to be aggressive, when it used to come naturally for her. Everything that is forced seems wrong. Sometimes she just keeps the ball in play out of fear of missing and ends up being bossed around. Ana used to play fearless tennis, now she has fear all over her.. So that's a reason to be choking matches away so often, something she didn't use to do.

I think Ana must feel awful, obviously.. and according to many reports, seem to have lost her joy on court. Until she regains it and plays freely again, and if she does it, I don't see much hope. :sad:

Ana has always considered the Grand Slams differently though.. and the fact that she sucked all year might give her some extra push to try to play better in NY. But who knows? As I've said, I just hope she wins her first match, to keep her unbeaten 1st round at slams streak alive. If she loses in the first round, I'll be so disappointed.. but if she loses in the second, I'll be sad, but somehow relieved she didn't lose in the first. Any other win would be a bonus.

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 03:52 PM
Guys have a little bit more faith. She can't go on like this forever, can she? Let's hope she wins a couple of matches in NYC and that she doesn't draw Kim :o

It won't last forever, it won't last forever...

Who knows? She is a different player now, with a different game. I think this game just doesn't cut it.. can she recover the old one? :shrug: That's a big question mark.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 21st, 2009, 07:23 PM
Who knows? She is a different player now, with a different game. I think this game just doesn't cut it.. can she recover the old one? :shrug: That's a big question mark.

Oh boy, this US Open will either be a hot mess or a quick, painful one. The fact that Ana is lost with her game and head, and the fact that she wants 2009 season to end quickly :help:. My hopes is that Ana gets past 2nd round and then dreams that Ana-GOAT will win the whole damn tournament!!!!!! :bounce:

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Stosur just lost, so Ana will be 11 or 12 seed for the USO. I know it doesn't matter at all.. but well.. just saying.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:06 PM
Sven wrote in his facebook that he is on his way to NY. So Ana will be practicing with him this week I guess.

That earlier post about Wozniacki probably meant that she was off to New Haven.

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
He could be going back and forth between New Haven and New York

It's only a short car drive between the two places right? :unsure:

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:20 PM
If he is with Ana he better be telling her to step into the court whenever possible and not rally from so far behind the baseline :fiery:

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
He could be going back and forth between New Haven and New York

It's only a short car drive between the two places right? :unsure:

It is.. but somehow I don't think he will be going back and forth honestly. If he was to be in New Haven, he would spend the whole day there.. why drive back to NY? Or why go there now instead of New Haven? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Cahill will be in New Haven, as he has ESPN duties, so he will work with the players there I guess.

gaviotabr
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:23 PM
If he is with Ana he better be telling her to step into the court whenever possible and not rally from so far behind the baseline :fiery:

100% agreed. She can't afford being so far behind the baseline. She will get bossed around everytime.

This just reminded me of watching IW last year and the brazilian commentator saying how Ana would never retreat, or lose space.. she was always on the baseline, putting pressure on the opponent.

SOA_MC
Aug 21st, 2009, 11:47 PM
I was shocked while I watched the Safarova match. Ana was at times standing on the Toronto sign hitting shots and it wasn't because she was being pushed back, but she chosed to stand there :help: She will never beat top or inform players playing like that.

It was so sad to see :sad:

Why is Ana becoming a super defensive player? Why can't she go "I'm playing like crap but screw it I'm going to go for it" like a Serena or Sharapova or even Venus would

spiritedenergy
Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:25 AM
Sven wrote in his facebook that he is on his way to NY. So Ana will be practicing with him this week I guess.

That earlier post about Wozniacki probably meant that she was off to New Haven.

:o Ana needs Cahill, not Sven...

gaviotabr
Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:36 AM
I was shocked while I watched the Safarova match. Ana was at times standing on the Toronto sign hitting shots and it wasn't because she was being pushed back, but she chosed to stand there :help: She will never beat top or inform players playing like that.

Why is Ana becoming a super defensive player? Why can't she go "I'm playing like crap but screw it I'm going to go for it" like a Serena or Sharapova or even Venus would

I think she is often playing afraid to lose. To play like this, you need to be fearless. Also.. Ana seems insecure to me. An insecure person overall right now, the opposite of the players you mention. So she doubts herself more.. doubts her shots, her talent.. that may lead to her getting defensive.

jelenacg
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:50 AM

:worship::worship::worship:
Thank you :worship:I was saying the same thing after the match
Since when keeping the ball in play means playing good ???
No way she will beat any top player with this play .Ana wasn`t been able to beat Czink,Lucie and the others with this play :rolleyes:
She is afraid and doesn`t go for her shots :sad:
Ana plays not to lose a match and she used to play to win it

gaviotabr
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:18 PM
:worship::worship::worship:
Thank you :worship:I was saying the same thing after the match
Since when keeping the ball in play means playing good ???
No way she will beat any top player with this play .Ana wasn`t been able to beat Czink,Lucie and the others with this play :rolleyes:
She is afraid and doesn`t go for her shots :sad:
Ana plays not to lose a match and she used to play to win it

Agreed Jelena. Especially the last part.. Almost every match Ana played was in her racquet.. now it's not.. it's like she depends on the opponent missing. And of course, they don't. She has been playing to avoid losses, instead of searching for the win. It's sad to see. And IMHO this kind of game just does't cut it for Ana.. it's not how she will do the winning.

gaviotabr
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Ana will be 11th seed for the USO after all.

Ksenia.
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Amen.

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
So... with Sharapova in the final, she will be seeded for the USO. One less player Ana would need to avoid in the first round. Now let's pray she doesn't get Clijsters. The draw will be made on thursday:

The 2009 US Open men's and women's singles draws will be revealed on Thursday, August 27 at the Times Center in New York.

ESPN News will air a live draws reveal show on Thursday, August 27 at 12 pm Eastern.

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/index.html?promo=topnav

We will be able to follow it live.. I'm scared.. I know in Ana's present situation draws don't matter much.. I mean.. she lost to Czink in Cincinnati.. :help: But still.. I want her to keep her first round streak alive. So if she can get a scrub who will hand her the match, and we can have a nice, calm and easy time following the first round, it would be much appreciated. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Sven has posted a pic of him in Arthur Ashe Stadium on facebook. Maybe Ana is practicing there today...

soul
Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
I think there are 2 main problems.

1 - Ana has lost her game. Her characteristic game is nowhere to be seen recently. I've been watching some old matches, and the Ana of today is a completely different player. An average player.. which she never was before. The closer she got to reaching her game was the match against Stosur at Wimbledon.. but it seemed like an oasis in the desert. I also can't exactly figure out how she went from playing okay at Wimbledon to what we have now.. the break should have helped, instead it drove her away.

2 - Ana has lost the belief she can win. She seems often scared to lose IMHO. And tentative.. sometimes pushing herself to be aggressive, when it used to come naturally for her. Everything that is forced seems wrong. Sometimes she just keeps the ball in play out of fear of missing and ends up being bossed around. Ana used to play fearless tennis, now she has fear all over her.. So that's a reason to be choking matches away so often, something she didn't use to do.

I think Ana must feel awful, obviously.. and according to many reports, seem to have lost her joy on court. Until she regains it and plays freely again, and if she does it, I don't see much hope. :sad:

Ana has always considered the Grand Slams differently though.. and the fact that she sucked all year might give her some extra push to try to play better in NY. But who knows? As I've said, I just hope she wins her first match, to keep her unbeaten 1st round at slams streak alive. If she loses in the first round, I'll be so disappointed.. but if she loses in the second, I'll be sad, but somehow relieved she didn't lose in the first. Any other win would be a bonus.

Thanks Gaviator for a brief explanation but I ave one more question.Why doesnt she play freely?Since she has not many points to defen Toronto and Cinncinati were excellent oppurtunities toget back rtym,confidence.Why couldnt she manage this?

gaviotabr
Aug 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks Gaviator for a brief explanation but I ave one more question.Why doesnt she play freely?Since she has not many points to defen Toronto and Cinncinati were excellent oppurtunities toget back rtym,confidence.Why couldnt she manage this?

I don't know.. that's a good question.. I think the pressure Ana feels comes from within.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Since IW, there were only 2 tournaments where she won at least 2 matches. Both slams.
Next tournament is a slam as well.
And I do believe in the suck for 3 tournaments and win the US Open predication.

SOA_MC
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:29 AM
It might not matter but which group of seeds could play Ana in round 3?

spiritedenergy
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I don't know.. that's a good question.. I think the pressure Ana feels comes from within.

I think once you win a slam and are n.1, there will always be pressure... an example is players coming out extremely focused to play Ana to get a big scalp.

Additionally Ana has huge endorsements... Yonex is said to be in total more than 50 millions? She has Rolex and she's looking to renew her adidas contract... another year like this and the sponsors will try to dump her, that's for sure:o

spiritedenergy
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:35 AM
who do you guys think will win the US Open (apart from GOATAna of course:worship:).

I say... Jelena Jankovic:angel:

SOA_MC
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Serena again :yawn:

Nothing against Serena but it's becoming like ATP when Fed dominated the non clay slams

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:46 AM
It might not matter but which group of seeds could play Ana in round 3?

17-24

#17 Virginie Razzano
#18 Amelie Mauresmo
#19 Na Li
#20 Patty Schnyder
#21 Anabel Medina
#22 Jie Zheng
#23 Daniela Hantuchova
#24 Sabine Lisicki

Mixo
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Since IW, there were only 2 tournaments where she won at least 2 matches. Both slams.
Next tournament is a slam as well.
And I do believe in the suck for 3 tournaments and win the US Open predication.

Yes, you should believe me always :)

Ana has won her second GS. Dont worry anymore, guys :lol::bounce:

If it really happens i definetly go bungee jumping, thats a thing I wanna do and it would be the perfect excuse :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:48 AM
who do you guys think will win the US Open (apart from GOATAna of course:worship:).

I say... Jelena Jankovic:angel:

Depends on the draw. Bartoli will be 14th seed, so JJ can get her in the 4th round.. and that would not be good for her.. Bartoli is a bit like her krypitonite.

Serena is the favorite for sure.. she just turns it on for slams. She has only defended a slam title once in her career though.

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:53 AM

If it really happens i definetly go bungee jumping, thats a thing I wanna do and it would be the perfect excuse :lol:

Mixo, you would need to get someone to tape record you bungee jumping and then you have to upload it to youtube dedicating it to Ana. :lol:

SOA_MC
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:54 AM
17-24

#17 Virginie Razzano
#18 Amelie Mauresmo
#19 Na Li
#20 Patty Schnyder
#21 Anabel Medina
#22 Jie Zheng
#23 Daniela Hantuchova
#24 Sabine Lisicki

That's not bad.

Razzano has cooled off lately, I don't think Zheng is in form, Hantuchova has turned into a three set headcase like Ana, Lisicki is carrying a shoulder injury and the rest are playing like meh

Might be in with a chance :lol:

If Ana wins the USO you will be the god of the forum till the universe blows up :worship::worship::worship:

spiritedenergy
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Depends on the draw. Bartoli will be 14th seed, so JJ can get her in the 4th round.. and that would not be good for her.. Bartoli is a bit like her krypitonite.

Serena is the favorite for sure.. she just turns it on for slams. She has only defended a slam title once in her career though.

That's the point... Serena needs motivation, if she doesn't have it, she plays like crap like in Toronto SF... So if Serena doesn't win, who else but JJ and Sharapova? The Russians will choke against them like they always do... and right now JJ is in better from than Sharapova, they are both rising and but I think JJ can peak sooner... but of course it depends on the draw too, Clijsters, Bartoli, Stosur, Kleybanova, etc. can cause upsets.

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I think once you win a slam and are n.1, there will always be pressure... an example is players coming out extremely focused to play Ana to get a big scalp.

Additionally Ana has huge endorsements... Yonex is said to be in total more than 50 millions? She has Rolex and she's looking to renew her adidas contract... another year like this and the sponsors will try to dump her, that's for sure:o

True.. :sobbing:

Ana should get a goal for the end of the year. Like.. "I want to get my ranking up for next season." Because I kind of feel she is a bit down looking at this year like a completely lost year.. and even though it's a bit true, it's hard to get motivation with that kind of mentality. She said in that interview before LA that what was keeping her up was the USO, so hopefully she gets fired up for it.

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 01:02 AM
That's the point... Serena needs motivation, if she doesn't have it, she plays like crap like in Toronto SF... So if Serena doesn't win, who else but JJ and Sharapova? The Russians will choke against them like they always do... and right now JJ is in better from than Sharapova, they are both rising and but I think JJ can peak sooner... but of course it depends on the draw too, Clijsters, Bartoli, Stosur, Kleybanova, etc. can cause upsets.

Oh, but I'm sure Serena will be motivated for the USO. She just doesn't care for other tournaments..

I just realized that with Dementieva winning today, JJ will be 5th seed. So she won't be getting Bartoli or Stosur, more dangerous players right now than any of the 9-12 seeds (Wozniacki, Pennetta, Ana, Radwanska). So it might actually be good for her.

Still.. I can't bet on someone who has never won a slam before. Winning the first one is always tough. JJ has a chance.. as does Dementieva.. and others.. but I don't see them as favorites yet. It will come down to form, the draw and some luck during the tournament.

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 01:03 AM
That's not bad.

Razzano has cooled off lately, I don't think Zheng is in form, Hantuchova has turned into a three set headcase like Ana, Lisicki is carrying a shoulder injury and the rest are playing like meh

Might be in with a chance :lol:

Ana needs to win the first 2 matches first.. :sobbing: Avoid Clijsters and other unseeded and looming players. :tape::help:

The Daviator
Aug 24th, 2009, 01:37 AM
17-24

#17 Virginie Razzano
#18 Amelie Mauresmo
#19 Na Li
#20 Patty Schnyder
#21 Anabel Medina
#22 Jie Zheng
#23 Daniela Hantuchova
#24 Sabine Lisicki

Hope she avoids the players in bold, everyone else is ok, I really think she'd beat Zheng if they were to play again.

And no Vika in the 16s, everyone else is fine.

If Ana somehow made the QFs I would be so happy, so unlikely but it would make up for the shitty summer, we'll see.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 24th, 2009, 06:24 AM

And there's certainly since people say JJ is a favorite to win.

Wolkenvanger
Aug 24th, 2009, 01:13 PM
As much as I want Ana to do well... I'm just hoping she'll win her first round. Lately that already seems to be a problem...

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
So.. there are quite a few pics of Ana practicing in the Grandstand in NY today on the USO facebook, as posted in the pictures thread.

In a couple there is a coach with Ana.. and though I can't conclude anything he looks a lot more like Cahill than Sven. I wonder if Cahill is there.. He had ESPN duties in New Haven, but I think coverage starts with the QFs.

spiritedenergy
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:36 PM
So.. there are quite a few pics of Ana practicing in the Grandstand in NY today on the USO facebook, as posted in the pictures thread.

In a couple there is a coach with Ana.. and though I can't conclude anything he looks a lot more like Cahill than Sven. I wonder if Cahill is there.. He had ESPN duties in New Haven, but I think coverage starts with the QFs.

yes it's Cahill... maybe he won't work for ESPN? I hope he will drop those duties next year and become a full time coach with Ana or at least the adidas team:o

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:45 PM
yes it's Cahill... maybe he won't work for ESPN? I hope he will drop those duties next year and become a full time coach with Ana or at least the adidas team:o

I don't see that happening unfortunately.. I hope Ana gets a good full time coach, who clicks with her.

But good to see her working with Cahill again. :) Sometimes I catch myself thinking that Ana will at least put on a lot of effort and fight into winning a few rounds in the USO.. more than anything because I'm sure that loss last year not only hurt her a lot, but wounded her pride. She must want to do well now to "erase" last year's memmory, right? :unsure:

spiritedenergy
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:48 PM
I don't see that happening unfortunately.. I hope Ana gets a good full time coach, who clicks with her.

But good to see her working with Cahill again. :) Sometimes I catch myself thinking that Ana will at least put on a lot of effort and fight into winning a few rounds in the USO.. more than anything because I'm sure that loss last year not only hurt her a lot, but wounded her pride. She must want to do well now to "erase" last year's memmory, right? :unsure:

I hope, but the choking is always a possibility, that's the problem... even if she wants it, she might choke:o

gaviotabr
Aug 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I hope, but the choking is always a possibility, that's the problem... even if she wants it, she might choke:o

True.. :sobbing: She might be up 6-0 5-0 40-0 and still lose. :sobbing:

Illusionist
Aug 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Actually, she's very satisfied with her play. I'll post and interview after loss to Lucie, as soon as I translate it.

spiritedenergy
Aug 25th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Actually, she's very satisfied with her play. I'll post and interview after loss to Lucie, as soon as I translate it.

typical Ana... but I also think she played well (don't say it in this forum though:secret::lol:)

But if you're referring to that Blic interview, it sounds fake to me:o

DownTheLine21
Aug 25th, 2009, 07:26 PM

I hope you're right. Interestingly, if Flavia fails to defend her QF and some of the others have middling results, Ana could easily be back in the Top 10 after the USO, correct?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
True.. :sobbing: She might be up 6-0 5-0 40-0 and still lose. :sobbing:

Volandri had such a choke today.
4-6 6-3 5-0 and serving. Lost 4-6 6-3 5-7

gaviotabr
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Cibulkova withdrew, so Ana can face the following seeds in the third round (if she decides to play well enough to get there.. :sobbing:):

#17 Amelie Mauresmo
#18 Na Li
#19 Patty Schnyder
#20 Anabel Medina
#21 Jie Zheng
#22 Daniela Hantuchova
#23 Sabine Lisicki
#24 Sorana Cirstea

gaviotabr
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I hope you're right. Interestingly, if Flavia fails to defend her QF and some of the others have middling results, Ana could easily be back in the Top 10 after the USO, correct?

Correct. But that will also depend on New Haven results. Flavia can get enough points there to hold to the number 10 spot even not making the USO QFs again. Bartoli and Radwanska can also get ahead of Ana before the USO. I think Bartoli needs a final and A-Rad a semi.. not sure though.

And Ana would need to at least defend her 2008 points in the USO. I know it's just the second round.. but who knows? I really hope she gets a good draw and some opponents who will not suddenly get all inspired to play her.. :sobbing: I also hope I'm right to think Ana will put a lot of effort and fight in doing reasonably well here after last years disaster.. at least she should. :tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Volandri had such a choke today.
4-6 6-3 5-0 and serving. Lost 4-6 6-3 5-7

ugh!

I hate chokers.. really!

I can't believe Ana is turning into one this year.. :sobbing:

Illusionist
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Cibulkova withdrew, so Ana can face the following seeds in the third round (if she decides to play well enough to get there.. :sobbing:):

#17 Amelie Mauresmo
#18 Na Li
#19 Patty Schnyder
#20 Anabel Medina
#21 Jie Zheng
#22 Daniela Hantuchova
#23 Sabine Lisicki
#24 Sorana Cirstea

:tape: I think Ana can beat just Anabel with this kind of game, and that's not for sure :help:

SOA_MC
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:36 PM
:tape: I think Ana can beat just Anabel with this kind of game, and that's not for sure :help:

She was smashing Anabel off the court in a Toronto practise session according to reports

gaviotabr
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:39 PM
She was smashing Anabel off the court in a Toronto practise session according to reports

Yes.. I think Ana's problem now is more with opponents who can blast her off the court, since she has lost a lot of her own power in her shots.

jelenacg
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:10 AM

#17 Amelie Mauresmo
#18 Na Li
#19 Patty Schnyder
#20 Anabel Medina
#21 Jie Zheng
#22 Daniela Hantuchova
#23 Sabine Lisicki
#24 Sorana Cirstea

If she plays like she did during US open series she won`t beat anyone from that list :tape::tape::tape::sad:
We shouldn`t be thinking about third round judging from her results so far :tape::tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:17 AM
If she plays like she did during US open series she won`t beat anyone from that list :tape::tape::tape::sad:
We shouldn`t be thinking about third round judging from her results so far :tape::tape:

True.. :sobbing:

Ana, please win the first match! That's all I'm asking.. :sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:23 AM
We could look at the players she has beating at slams since winning RG'08...

DeLosRios, Dechy, Dushevina, Goerges, Brianti, Errani, Tanasugarn, Benesova, Hradecka, Errani again, and Stosur

:unsure:How we looking? Not too good:lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:26 AM

DeLosRios, Dechy, Dushevina, Goerges, Brianti, Errani, Tanasugarn, Benesova, Hradecka, Errani again, and Stosur

:sobbing:

Looking at that made me have all sorts of bad feelings about the draw.. :sobbing: It's going to suck.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:27 AM

:help:

Clijsters R1. You heard it hear first:tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:33 AM
:help:

Clijsters R1. You heard it hear first:tape:

Ana is so lucky that that's just bound to happen.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Ana is so lucky that that's just bound to happen.. :sobbing:

what if Ana would somehow manage to win? That would be too good to be true...:sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:35 AM

Looking at that made me have all sorts of bad feelings about the draw.. :sobbing: It's going to suck.. :sobbing:

yeah, and the list of players Ana has beaten doesnt even tell the REAL story...300 pt match against Dechy:spit: 3 sets with Dushevina:haha:, Goerges match:help::help:

Its going to suck:sobbing: but we'll all be watching anyway:hearts:

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:36 AM
what if Ana would somehow manage to win? That would be too good to be true...:sobbing:

Ana would lead and choke.. :sobbing:

SOA_MC
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:37 AM

GM would be so overloaded after the match that TF will go boom and be no more.

The rest of the world would continue as normal.

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM
yeah, and the list of players Ana has beaten doesnt even tell the REAL story...300 pt match against Dechy:spit: 3 sets with Dushevina:haha:, Goerges match:help::help:

Its going to suck:sobbing: but we'll all be watching anyway:hearts:

And it's going to hurt anyway.. :sobbing:

I can't believe how bad this year and a half has been.. :tape::help:

jelenacg
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:46 AM

Wow i`m impressed :worship::worship:
I better start praying right now :tape:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/jelenacg/Pop-1.gif

spiritedenergy
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Wow i`m impressed :worship::worship:
I better start praying right now :tape:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/jelenacg/Pop-1.gif

You can go pray in the St Seva Cathedral... It might help:o

are you orthodox Jelena? I was surfing internet and saw the pictures of the church, it's so huge:eek: Ana should go there and get blessings:o

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Please Tennis Gods, give Ana a good, nice and easy draw so she can win the first round! Please!

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Please Tennis Gods, give Ana a good, nice and easy draw so she can win the first round! Please!

The Gods are baseball fans:p

"In the big inning, god created the heaven and earth.":angel:- Genesis 1:1

created the universe during the big inning, must have had the baseball game on the radio while working:p

jelenacg
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:59 AM
You can go pray in the St Seva Cathedral... It might help:o

are you orthodox Jelena? I was surfing internet and saw the pictures of the church, it's so huge:eek: Ana should go there and get blessings:o

It`s Sava not Seva :p :lol:
Yes it`s huge :lol: I`m orthodox but i`m not a big believer but what the hell.If that will help Ana i`m willing to try :lol:

hellas719
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:00 AM
GL Ana!

Curtos07
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:07 AM
If Ana successfully makes it to the 3rd round, I am throwing a party! :lol: Regardless of what happens, it can't get any worse than it was last year. Or can it? :shrug:

jelenacg
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:13 AM
If Ana successfully makes it to the 3rd round, I am throwing a party! :lol: Regardless of what happens, it can't get any worse than it was last year. Or can it? :shrug:

Losing in 1R :scratch: :tape:
Things can always get worse with Ana

Curtos07
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:23 AM
[/B]

To Vera Dushevina. :help: How ironic would it be if Ana got her again? :speakles:

jelenacg
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:29 AM
To Vera Dushevina. :help: How ironic would it be if Ana got her again? :speakles:

It`s better than losing to Coin :o

Curtos07
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:42 AM
It`s better than losing to Coin :o

True. Losing to Coin still has to be the lowest moment of Ana's career. :sobbing: I hope Ana remembers that loss when she steps on the court and tell herself that she will never allow that to happen again and then go out there and gets some redemption. :armed:

Illusionist
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I don't know what will happen, I predict she'll break my heart again for the 2932392nd time. Just before that, I'd like her to win at least two matches in a row.

I guess we'll have to be patient. I looked at the old results and this years. Looks like a new start to me. All over again. I'm not sure I'll be able to survive another choke, tho...

SOA_MC
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:46 AM
As long as Ana doesn't lose to someone I've never heard off. I can take it

But I'm believing Ana can make the 3rd round

Loungy
Aug 26th, 2009, 03:06 AM
[/B]
:sad: Ana seems to want to wrap it up and call it a season already to me, but I hope she isn't in too much of a hurry. I know the USO is far from her favorite tournament, but scoring 3 or 4 consecutive wins in NY could boost her confidence for the start of the 2010 season.

It's always harder when you have to start over from a mess, without much positive to grab onto. She seemed in terrible spirits in Canada after losing to Lucie.

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Some twitts:

Tennis superstar Ana Ivanovic will be at Paragon on Friday from 3-4pm signing autographs...don't miss it!!
4 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/paragonsports

Today's star sightings at the US Open... Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Rafael Nadal, and Ana Ivanovic.
20 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/usopen

InsideOut.
Aug 26th, 2009, 06:24 PM

She can beat Cirstea, who has turned from an offensive baseliner into a bad pusher. :o

AstuteLearner8
Aug 26th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Don't worry and stress too much the draw comes out tomorrow not today... Breathe in, breathe out, repeat as many times as possible, panic and release all the energy tomorrow....

I'm Buddhist :p

mure
Aug 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
She can beat Cirstea, who has turned from an offensive baseliner into a bad pusher. :o

I wonder who's her coach :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Don't worry and stress too much the draw comes out tomorrow not today... Breathe in, breathe out, repeat as many times as possible, panic and release all the energy tomorrow....

I'm Buddhist :p

I admire you! Calm and composed.. :worship:

I'm a bit nervous for the draw tomorrow. I really want Ana to have a nice and easy first round win, and for that to happen she needs to get lucky and draw some scrub who will hand her the match.. :sobbing: I'm scared she will have the worst draw posible.. :sobbing: She has never had an easy draw at the USO, and has not had any luck at all lately.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Quite a few people watching Ana practice today. The ball toss... well...

http://twitpic.com/fcq0b/full

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:07 AM

There is a NY Times article on Coin. Obviously it mentions last year disaster.. :sobbing: I don't want the US Open to come.. I feel it's going to be painful and awful again.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM

Really ?
Last time i watched her was at RG and she was aggressive and good.If Ana can lose to Czink she is not going to beat Cirstea imo
Cirstea is better pusher than Ana anyway :rolleyes:

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:12 AM

Who is on the other side of the net?
Don`t even mention Coin during US open :tape::tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Who is on the other side of the net?
Don`t even mention Coin during US open :tape::tape:

I think maybe Mats or even Cahill.

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I think maybe Mats or even Cahill.

Cahill :inlove:

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I admire you! Calm and composed.. :worship:

I'm a bit nervous for the draw tomorrow. I really want Ana to have a nice and easy first round win, and for that to happen she needs to get lucky and draw some scrub who will hand her the match.. :sobbing: I'm scared she will have the worst draw posible.. :sobbing: She has never had an easy draw at the USO, and has not had any luck at all lately.. :sobbing:

Keep calm Isa. :hug: Regardless of what happened in the last few tournaments Ana played moderately well against Safarova (I actually thought it was her best match since Wimbledon, but oh well) and even playing like that she should beat most players.

SOA_MC
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:55 AM
You know what's going to happen she is going to draw a qualifier

Illusionist
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I just want to SEE her WIN a match, God damn it! :awww: :sobbing:

Davodus
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:26 AM

The ball toss and the ugly motion :o They better know what they are doing

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Keep calm Isa. :hug: Regardless of what happened in the last few tournaments Ana played moderately well against Safarova (I actually thought it was her best match since Wimbledon, but oh well) and even playing like that she should beat most players.

I happen to think that game she had against Safarova won't be enough to beat half of the players she can face in the first round.. :o

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Another twitpic from Ana's practice yesterday:

http://twitpic.com/fej6a

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM

This year her record against qualifiers has been quite good?

Midge.
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM

Someone needs to make a motivational poster out of this picture. Whoever took it just snapshot 2009 in 1 frame. :worship:

I'm blaming you when she draws Kim. :)

Tanasugarn plz.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:33 PM

Tanasugarn plz.

Please, not Kim, please not Kim, please not Kim, please not Kim, please not Kim!

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Her first loss against a qualifier since the Coin match was last week against Safarova. I think there were 7 wins in between.

Lord Choc Ice
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Forget Ana for a second and check out the wonder that if Dinara's big brother. :drool:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/25871341.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1251377555&Signature=c7CJ1n9VDoq0oMSWADwuFjlFPks%3D

I actually can't wait for the off-season in terms of Ana. I really do think she'll come back a lot stronger next year. The off-season is a while to get her shit together and her problems don't even seem like they're so far-gone that she can't fix them. I wouldn't worry about her going the way of Nicole Vaidisova anytime soon. :)

SOA_MC
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:43 PM

I meant Ana has a habit of drawing qualifiers in tournaments and we'll have to wait another couple of days to see who she'll play

A changed of heart on Vika huh

Tanasugarn plz.

Kim is a wildcard, Ana never draws wildcards

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Forget Ana for a second and check out the wonder that if Dinara's big brother. :drool:

Marat looks great! :hearts:

I actually can't wait for the off-season in terms of Ana. I really do think she'll come back a lot stronger next year. The off-season is a while to get her shit together and her problems don't even seem like they're so far-gone that she can't fix them. I wouldn't worry about her going the way of Nicole Vaidisova anytime soon. :)

I know this season is kind of over for her.. but I still want her to keep her perfect 1st round record at slams. So... please please please a good draw Tennis Gods!

But yeah.. the off season will be key for her as well as the first half of next year.

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
So the draw is in couple of hours right? :scared::bolt:
Vaidisova lost in 1r of qualification :help::help: And to think she made a QF in Wimbledon last year (better result than Ana has made in GS this year) :unsure:

tedlesurfeur
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Vaidisova lost in 1r of qualification :help::help: And to think she made a QF in Wimbledon last year (better result than Ana has made in GS this year) :unsure:

Well, Ana's still No.11 right ? it means that EVEN WHEN SHE PLAYS LIKE CRAP for a WHOLE year, her level is still pretty decent :worship: this is the mark of champions !!

She can still turn things around. I guess she's waiting for a trigger of some kind. Wev'e been waiting for ever now :lol:

There's no comparison possible with Nicole who doesn't even know how to hold a racket any more.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:26 PM

Draw is just around the corner.. :scared:

Vaidisova didn't start out the way she is now.. things started slowly too.. it's like a snow ball.. the bigger it gets the harder to stop.

Please Tennis Gods, give Ana a nice and easy draw so that she can win a few rounds! Please! :sobbing:

HowardH
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:49 PM

omg what a toss, no control over the ball whatsoever :o, horrendous arm position too. Please easy draw... she needs it.

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Well, Ana's still No.11 right ? it means that EVEN WHEN SHE PLAYS LIKE CRAP for a WHOLE year, her level is still pretty decent :worship: this is the mark of champions !!

She can still turn things around. I guess she's waiting for a trigger of some kind. Wev'e been waiting for ever now :lol:

There's no comparison possible with Nicole who doesn't even know how to hold a racket any more.

No it means she still has a lot of points to lose before the end of the season.:tape::tape: and that most of the girls also suck this year :tape:
This year she had 4R in Wimbledon and Roland Garros and IW final and that`s it considering good results :sad::sad:
I`m not comparing Ana to Vaidisova but as Izzy said it starts slowly and later it`s impossible to stop.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
It seems this will be a stream for the draw:

http://pt-br.justin.tv/rkostreams

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
No it means she still has a lot of points to lose before the end of the season.:tape::tape: and that most of the girls also suck this year :tape:
This year she had 4R in Wimbledon and Roland Garros and IW final and that`s it considering good results :sad::sad:
I`m not comparing Ana to Vaidisova but as Izzy said it starts slowly and later it`s impossible to stop.

Yes.. Ana has over 1000 points to defend in 3 events.. nearly imposible. She will not be better than 20 in the rankings if she keeps losing early. And she can thank the IW final for that. :sobbing:

Ksenia.
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:22 PM
K. Bondarenko in 1st round :scratch:

HowardH
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Winnable.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:25 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/MeSuhsie/Ana-2.png

Curtos07
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:26 PM
That's not a bad draw for Ana. Lisicki is coming off an injury, she's very beatable. Ana should make the 4th round if she is on her game which she isn't. :sobbing:

Davodus
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
First round is a little tough though :tape:

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Um shit. :help: Ana has never beaten K. Bondarenko

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Not bad. K. Bondarenko is not playing as well as she was when she beat Ana or when she won Birmingham last year.

Food for thought: K. Bondarenko lost in the first round of the US Open last year to a certain woman named Serena Williams. ;)

Dexter
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Winnable.Losable.

But it's 1st round of a GS, so Ana's probably gonna get revenge at last.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM
First round is tough, but I believe in Ana:) She'll somehow squeek, AJDE! and fistpump her way through!

And seriuosly guys, I'll personally come and hunt down everyone who doubt her:armed::fiery:

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Didn't she beat Venus last week or whenever?

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Tough first round. :sobbing: I was hoping she could get Rossana de los Rios or Lourdes Domingues Lino or someone alike.. :sobbing: K.Bond just came off a win against Venus and can be very steady. Please, please, please Ana, win! :sobbing:

The second round looks better.. Niculescu or Qualifier.

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Didn't she beat Venus last week or whenever?

Yes, with 0 winners in the third set. :spit:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Venus was playing like shit. That's why she lost. Ana is not gonna do this to us! I wanna see both her dresses:(

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, with 0 winners in the third set. :spit:

Well Ana can make a lot of errors too. :o

Davodus
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Um shit. :help: Ana has never beaten K. Bondarenko

:o :o

Kim's_fan_4ever
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:39 PM
That's a very tough opponent for a first round. I honestly hate Ana's draw :o and KB beat Venus this summer...
The thought of her possible loss in the first round is just too painful :sad:

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I don`t like Bondarenko :hysteric::hysteric:
Bondarenko beat Venus a few days ago :tape:
Very losable :sad::sad:

HowardH
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Personally I think this a pretty good draw. No Kim, no Maria.

Wait, Ana has never beaten Katya? :o

I think if she passes the first round she should beat Niculescu without too much difficulty, the slicey girl will probably lure Ana into hitting winners. Ana would have to play really horribly to lose to her, even by her standards.

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Katya won in 2007 and also beat her in the Wimbledon juniors final :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:48 PM

I think we should only think about K. Bond.. it's a very tough first round. :sobbing:

Actually.. if we look at other sections.. Ana has a very tough 1/8 of the draw.. :sobbing:

Curtos07
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Just win two matches in a row, and it's a successful tournament. :sobbing:

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
It's especially tough given the way Ana has been playing. But fingers crossed, no better place than the USO to turn things around.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Oh God.. the more I think, the worse I feel about it.. :sobbing:

Ana has been having real slow starts in her first round matches lately as well.. :sobbing:

Please Ana, do something, anything.. but just win! :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Oh God.. the more I think, the worse I feel about it.. :sobbing:

Ana has been having real slow starts in her first round matches lately as well.. :sobbing:

Please Ana, do something, anything.. but just win! :sobbing:

Just stop then;) We all know what "thinking too fvcking much" has done to Ana:o

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Isa you really have to relax...you're letting Ana get to you, and that's just no good at all. Think Positive! Venus had to play absolutely horrendously to lose to K Bondarenko. If Ana plays that badly...what can I say, she just deserves to lose :tape: But I don't think she will play like that.

Orbis
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Damn it, where's Dushevina when you need her?

I just hope Ana doesn't have another slow start in her match against Bondarenko.

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Damn it, where's Dushevina when you need her?

I just hope Ana doesn't have another slow start in her match against Bondarenko.

:haha::haha::worship:
The worst part is that Bondarenko has a horrible serve but Ana`s return of serve was :help::help: during US open series
And Bondarenko is better pusher than Ana :tape:

mure
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM
The bondarenkos retired in today's double match.One of them in injured apparently.The draw is once again good for Ana,will she finally take advantage of it?

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Isa you really have to relax...you're letting Ana get to you, and that's just no good at all. Think Positive! Venus had to play absolutely horrendously to lose to K Bondarenko. If Ana plays that badly...what can I say, she just deserves to lose :tape: But I don't think she will play like that.

I don't think so.. I think you are too positive.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM
The bondarenkos retired in today's double match.One of them in injured apparently.The draw is once again good for Ana,will she finally take advantage of it?

mm.. these retirements right before a slam are a bit suspicious if you ask me.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Well saw the draw, not the best, not the worst, an okay draw. There are two ways Ana could do in this draw: go up or stay at rock bottom. So let's just do baby steps, baby steps, let's focus on first round vs K. Bond.

Unless Ana plays like utter crap, K. Bond should be easy. We only need to worry about Bond's confidence, mainly because I've never seen her play before. For Ana, we need to worry about mainly serve and mentality and when those two are clicking, her game plan and plan B will come back!!!

Oh, Isa and other Ana fans :hug:, try to save all your energy for 1st round. It's going to be so worth it, when you realize you have extra energy to scream at the tv set or live stream and make a ruckus over the entire neighborhood. :) :lol:

Let's go go go go Ana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::drive::armed:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Well saw the draw, not the best, not the worst, an okay draw. There are two ways Ana could do in this draw: go up or stay at rock bottom. So let's just do baby steps, baby steps, let's focus on first round vs K. Bond.

Unless Ana plays like utter crap, K. Bond should be easy. We only need to worry about Bond's confidence, mainly because I've never seen her play before. For Ana, we need to worry about mainly serve and mentality and when those two are clicking, her game plan and plan B will come back!!!

Oh, Isa and other Ana fans :hug:, try to save all your energy for 1st round. It's going to be so worth it, when you realize you have extra energy to scream at the tv set or live stream and make a ruckus over the entire neighborhood. :) :lol:

Let's go go go go Ana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::drive::armed:

If Ana plays on monday I won't even be able to watch it.. :sobbing: I don't know what I'll do.. I'm not sure I'll be brave enough to get home and see the result.. :sobbing:

K. Bond should not be easy.. She did a whole lot better at Toronto and Cincinnati than Ana:

CINCINNATI
See all CINCINNATI results for BONDARENKO
Tour, USA, August 10 2009, $2,000,000, HARD (O)

Draw: 64M/32q/32d, Rank: 67 Seed/entry: 10/Q

Rnd Opponent Rank W/L Score
Q-R32 H2H MATTEK-SANDS, BETHANIE (USA) 123 W 6-2 6-4
Q-R16 H2H (4) GARBIN, TATHIANA (ITA) 58 W 6-1 6-0
R64 H2H RYBARIKOVA, MAGDALENA (SVK) 47 W 6-2 6-2
R32 H2H (2) WILLIAMS, SERENA (USA) 2 L 6-3 6-2

WTA Championship Pts: 90 WTA Ranking Pts: 90 Prize Money: $10,275

TORONTO
See all TORONTO results for BONDARENKO
Tour, CANADA, August 17 2009, $2,000,000, HARD (O)

Draw: 64M/64q/32d, Rank: 64 Seed/entry: 19/Q

Rnd Opponent Rank W/L Score
Q-R64 H2H BOUCHARD, EUGENIE (CAN) 1104 W 6-2 6-0
Q-R32 H2H BRIANTI, ALBERTA (ITA) 85 W 7-6(4) 6-1
R64 H2H WICKMAYER, YANINA (BEL) 53 W 7-6(4) 6-2
R32 H2H (3) WILLIAMS, VENUS (USA) 3 W 1-6 7-5 6-4
R16 H2H (14) RADWANSKA, AGNIESZKA (POL) 13 L 7-5 6-3

WTA Championship Pts: 140 WTA Ranking Pts: 140 Prize Money: $20,000

Ana had a tougher time beating Rybarikova, for an example..

And they clearly don't match up well for Ana. She had just come from that amazing match against Patty in Stuttgart when she lost to K.Bond in 2007.

Ana just has no luck..

SOA_MC
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
The first three rounds look good.

K. Bondarenko is fine if Ana losses to her it would mean she would have lost against 70-80 other players in the draw also.

Don't complain about having no luck.

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM
The first three rounds look good.

K. Bondarenko is fine if Ana losses to her it would mean she would have lost against 70-80 other players in the draw also.

Don't complain about having no luck.

I don't think so.. it could be that K Bondarenko is just not a good match up for Ana.

Mixo
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
So Bondarenko will be the first victim of Ana-Ivanovic-US-Open-09-Champion. Great.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I don't think so.. it could be that K Bondarenko is just not a good match up for Ana.

Yes.. I agree with you Kiristea.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:33 PM
So Bondarenko will be the first victim of Ana-Ivanovic-US-Open-09-Champion. Great.

That's the spirit:yeah:

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:36 PM
FortyDeuceTwits: FYI, Ana fans -- The Bondos had to retire from their dubs match because K Bond had a left thigh strain....

I never really take retirements this close to a GS that serious.. but we shall see.

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:40 PM
FortyDeuceTwits: FYI, Ana fans -- The Bondos had to retire from their dubs match because K Bond had a left thigh strain....

I never really take retirements this close to a GS that serious.. but we shall see.

Bondarenko is fine :rolleyes:
She probably saw she is going to play Ana and she knows she has a pretty good chance to win so she decided to rest :lol::tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:41 PM

I don't take that too seriously either.. she probably felt something and decided it was not worth the risk just before a slam.

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:44 PM

No, just that Ana played shit the two times she played her. The first time, she had to win a 6-1 1-6 12-10 or something junior Wimbledon semifinal chokefest against Azarenka. The second time, she had just won Luxembourg and wasted a ton of energy destroying Patty.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
No, just that Ana played shit the two times she played her. The first time, she had to win a 6-1 1-6 12-10 or something junior Wimbledon semifinal chokefest against Azarenka. The second time, she had just won Luxembourg and wasted a ton of energy destroying Patty.

Ben, you do realize Ana has just lost to Czink right? Lost a set against Vania King and choked a match away against Safarova. K.Bond has actually had better wins in the past few weeks.. there is no reason to be positive going into that match.

soul
Interesting first round; to be or not to be! Ana should show how a talent she is......

SOA_MC

Yes.. I agree with you Kiristea.

Oh come on be positive both of you.

K. Bondarenko is a career outside top 30 player. Singles wise she is a journeywoman

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Oh come on be positive both of you.

K. Bondarenko is a career outside to 30 player. Singles wise she is a journeywoman

How much better is Melinda Czink? Ana just lost to her recently.. :o

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:07 PM
For me its not about being positive or not.. just maybe Bondarenko is a bad match up for Ana. MAYBE. We shall see, but I don't care what shes ranked if shes a bad match up shes a bad match up.

SOA_MC
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Which is why I said if Ana losses she would lose against 70-80 other players in the draw anyway.

Nothing to do with a bad draw or bad luck.

SOA_MC
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:31 PM
For me its not about being positive or not.. just maybe Bondarenko is a bad match up for Ana. MAYBE. We shall see, but I don't care what shes ranked if shes a bad match up shes a bad match up.

They have played once as pro's you make it sound like Katya has a 5-0 record over Ana.

How does a three set lost in 2007 make Katya a bad match up?

Juniors are juniors I never count them in H2H

Nikkiri
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I said MAYBE. We shall see won't we.

If Ana loses.. I don't think it means she would have lost to 70-80 other players like you said it could just mean its a bad match up. I'm saying this IF she loses.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM

She gave Serena Williams a run for her money in the Stanford tourney though.. :p

Let's just calm down and hope for the best, when does Ana play anyway??

SOA_MC
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I'm really surprised at this fear there is over a 23 year old who has never broken the top 40.

Talking about bad draws and bad luck etc. are things that bad this a bad draw :help:

I'll say it again :p If Ana can't beat K. Bondarenko she would have lost against 3/4 of the players in the draw

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:40 PM
At least we get a first time.

First time to beat K. Bondarenko or first loss in a GS round 1.

We can say the draw is ok, but the question is, is Ana ok?
Just survive the first round here and then just see where it goes.

Curtos07
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I don't really care about the draw either way. I think Ana's draw could have been much worse. She could of have gotten Clijsters or Sharapova, but didn't. I am not afraid of Bondarenko at all. What has she accomplished? I am afraid of Ana. If Ana loses to Bondarenko, it most likely will be due to Ana playing like utter crap, not because of what Bondareno does. It didn't matter who Ana got early on in her draw. Ana's play will ultimately decide her own fate in the first few rounds, not her opponents. Ana SHOULD beat bondarenko. If she doesn't, it will be due to her own doings.

Illusionist
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
The thing that scares me the most is Ana's ability to cope with high balls which KB sends often. And she gets a lot of balls back. If Ana pushes too hard she might get burned. But hey, I hope her team will figure something out. There are 3-4 days until the 1st round matches..

InsideOut.
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Ben, you do realize Ana has just lost to Czink right? Lost a set against Vania King and choked a match away against Safarova. K.Bond has actually had better wins in the past few weeks.. there is no reason to be positive going into that match.

Izzy, you're letting Ana's problems get to your head, and it's getting serious. You're worrying too much about Ana and getting nervous...sometimes even getting paranoid about her luck with draws and opponents. You just have to calm down, relax, be optimistic and think things through logically and objectively, and just hope for the best. :shrug:

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I hope I get to watch her! The match BETTER not be on Ashe:( I have a GP for the first two days:ras::armed:

Armstrong or Grandstand Ajde:rocker2:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Izzy, you're letting Ana's problems get to your head, and it's getting serious. You're worrying too much about Ana and getting nervous...sometimes even getting paranoid about her luck with draws and opponents. You just have to calm down, relax, be optimistic and think things through logically and objectively, and just hope for the best. :shrug:

But Ben, if Izzy is already this paranoid, then I can't imagine what is going on in Ana's head :help:.

As for Izzy, breathe in, breathe out, inhale very slowly, and exhale very slowly, release all the bad energy out and inhale all the good energy repeat as many times as possible. ;)

Ah the good ole days http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/french08/columns/story?columnist=ford_bonnie_d&id=3430892

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I highly doubt Ana is that worried:lol:

Then again I really don't know just what goes on in her head;)

I'm not killing myself over it though. She'll either win or lose. If she wins I'll be happy as hell but if she loses my life wont be different either way:shrug: I love the girl to death though:o I hope she can make us (and herself) proud:D

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Ben.. I think you are taking my posts way too seriously..

I still think it's going to be a tough match and that it's not a lucky draw for Ana. And I'll be optimistic when Ana gives me reason to be so.. why would I be optimistic in the present circunstances? I don't see any reasons.. Especially Ana getting a player who she has lost against and who has just come from a solid US Open series, which Ana hasn't.

But I'm hardly paranoid over it.. maybe you are overreacting over the tone of my posts or my many :sobbing: emoticons.

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM
The thing is i actually think her draw is ok if she can play at least descent.I always wanted for her to draw JJ in US open so she can make a better result here :rolleyes:
Since she is not going to improve in 10 days i wish she had easier opponent in 1R :sad:
Rafa`s draw is also horrible :tape: so i think i`m going to hate this US open :ras:

spiritedenergy
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Bondarenko... bad memories:o
i feel Ana is at risk... but 1st round/2nd round it's a not a big deal at this point, if she plays bad she won't go far anyways. We shall see... I'm pretty sure Bondarenko retired from her doubles thinking she has a shot at Ana and will come determined:o

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:24 PM
i feel Ana is at risk... but 1st round/2nd round it's a not a big deal at this point, if she plays bad she won't go far anyways. We shall see... I'm pretty sure Bondarenko retired from her doubles thinking she has a shot at Ana and will come determined:o

That's for sure.. She will be pumped up to play Ana, like everybody else really.. :o

I do think there is a difference in losing in the first and second round.. Never losing in the first round of a slam is quite an accomplishment IMHO.. for her carreer. This season is over anyway, so she might as well put on an effort to keep some of the nice records she has.

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM

Me too :mad::mad:
:(

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM
The thing is i actually think her draw is ok if she can play at least descent.I always wanted for her to draw JJ in US open so she can make a better result here :rolleyes:
Since she is not going to improve in 10 days i wish she had easier opponent in 1R :sad:
Rafa`s draw is also horrible :tape: so i think i`m going to hate this US open :ras:

That's what I mean.. I just hoped she had an easier first round opponent. I don't have any expectations..

spiritedenergy
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
That's for sure.. She will be pumped up to play Ana, like everybody else really.. :o

I do think there is a difference in losing in the first and second round.. Never losing in the first round of a slam is quite an accomplishment IMHO.. for her carreer. This season is over anyway, so she might as well put on an effort to keep some of the nice records she has.

The only good thing is that Ana had very few 1st round losses this year... I also hope she will keep her streak alive... Let's see, she knows her game so hopefully she will have a gameplan:o

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Well to be perfectly frank the easier Ana's opponents these days the more likely it is she'll lose:o

Maybe she'll bring her A game if she know's she not playing someone "easy"

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Well to be perfectly frank the easier Ana's opponents these days the more likely it is she'll lose:o

And when did she bring her A game this year:scratch:
I would be more than happy if she could play like in Wimbledon without injury :tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:41 PM

I don't think that logic aplies here.. she should have brought her A game against Radwanska, Azarenka, Petrova.. and didn't.

I wanted Ana to face someone like Rossana de los Rios or Lourdes Domingues Lino... someone who really can't challenge her, even if she is playing like crap.. just to keep her slam first round record alive. Anything else would be a bonus... K. Bond can actually beat Ana, as it has happened before.

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
That's the point she hasn't:shrug:

Maybe this time she will since it's going to be tough from the beginning?

spiritedenergy
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I don't think that logic aplies here.. she should have brought her A game against Radwanska, Azarenka, Petrova.. and didn't.

I wanted Ana to face someone like Rossana de los Rios or Lourdes Domingues Lino... someone who really can't challenge her, even if she is playing like crap.. just to keep her slam first round record alive. Anything else would be a bonus... K. Bond can actually beat Ana, as it has happened before.

yes Kat. Bond looks a bad match up... How did she menage to win in 2007? Was she just pushing or maybe she did something particularly well? Or was just Ana tanking?

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:45 PM

My point is anyone can beat Ana so maybe she'll be tougher since she already knows it wont be easy

spiritedenergy
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:48 PM
i would say it's 50% each really... despite the fact that Bondarenko seems a bad match up,had been playing better than Ana and is probably more confident, Ana has always been more motivated in the slams... we shall see, i have no idea who will win really:o

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM
My point is anyone can beat Ana so maybe she'll be tougher since she already knows it wont be easy

And my point is I don`t want Ana to lose in 1R of GS :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:52 PM

I just don't think that's the case.. I don't think she will be any tougher because of the opponent, unfortunately.

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:54 PM

Completely agreed.

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I just don't think that's the case.. I don't think she will be any tougher because of the opponent, unfortunately.
We're going to have to agree to disagree:)

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:55 PM
yes Kat. Bond looks a bad match up... How did she menage to win in 2007? Was she just pushing or maybe she did something particularly well? Or was just Ana tanking?

I didn't watch that match. Ben told me K.Bond was going for broke.

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM

You think I do:p

That's the last thing I want. Like I said maybe she'll bring her A game;)

gaviotabr
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM

http://www.mctennisvids.info/2007/Stuttgart/IvanovicBondarenko.avi

If you want to see Ana losing to K. Bond.. :sobbing:

The Daviator
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Good draw, if Ana plays like she did against Safarova then she'll win, Bonda beat Venus in Toronto but Vee hit around 60 UEs and Bonda hit hardly any winners, I was dreading a big, flat hitter like Hrdecka :tape: but this is ok.

Protoss
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Katya retired from doubles before the US Open draw had came out. :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM
http://www.mctennisvids.info/2007/Stuttgart/IvanovicBondarenko.avi

If you want to see Ana losing to K. Bond.. :sobbing:

Thanks, i'm downloading right now:tape:

Katya retired from doubles before the US Open draw had came out. :shrug:

oh ok, then maybe she's really injured or just wanted to rest up... still she will play out of her mind just because she faces Ana:o

jelenacg
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks, i'm downloading right now:tape:

oh ok, then maybe she's really injured or just wanted to rest up... still she will play out of her mind just because she faces Ana:o

Great you can tell us later how was the match :lol:
Bondarenko will run like a rabbit against Ana i have no doubts about that :( :lol:

Balltossovic
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Ana will hit an absolutely riduculous amount of FH winners and win in two:angel:

DownTheLine21
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Bondarenko can be tough, but Ana often raises her level a little in GS (as of late). Hopefully she wins in two.

gaviotabr
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM
It seems Ana is doing the mixed match at the Kids day for the third consecutive year. From Kim Clijsters blog:

We also have quite some obligations for the tournament and for my own sponsors. Yesterday I had a photoshoot for Babolat, the brand of my racket, together with Rafael Nadal (take a look at my ClijstersTube)! On Saturday a number of top players will be taking part in the Arthur Ashe Kids Day where I'll be playing a minimatch together with James Blake against Ivanovic and Djokovic. Actor Will Ferrell, one of Brian's favourites, will be the umpire.

http://www.sport.be/kimclijsters/eng/blog/

Balltossovic
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Ana and Nole:drool:

jelenacg
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Great , Ana and Nole :)
I`m hoping someone will post that video
Third consecutive year :rocker2:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 28th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Bondarenko has some pace, but not nearly like Lucie. Imo the Bondarenko sisters games arent all that complicated. Usually it seems to me if a Bondarenko sister is playing well this past year, they either have more pace than someone they are supposed to beat, or their opponent is gifting games to them.
Most important thing for me is that Ana comes out and takes charge, and then its just a matter of finding out what parts of her game are on, and making the adjustments to clean up the rest. Then it can be a good first round opponent for her i think. Ana cant be altering her game to the opponent, it needs to be all about her. Show her whos the boss, Ana:rocker2:
Just a prediction, i think its going to be a rematch in the final from last year with the same result, Serena over Jankovic.

Curtos07
Aug 28th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Ana and Nole playing together again. Just like the good old days. :bounce: :hearts:

hellas719
Aug 28th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Go Ana!

spiritedenergy
Aug 28th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Bondarenko has some pace, but not nearly like Lucie. Imo the Bondarenko sisters games arent all that complicated. Usually it seems to me if a Bondarenko sister is playing well this past year, they either have more pace than someone they are supposed to beat, or their opponent is gifting games to them.
Most important thing for me is that Ana comes out and takes charge, and then its just a matter of finding out what parts of her game are on, and making the adjustments to clean up the rest. Then it can be a good first round opponent for her i think. Ana cant be altering her game to the opponent, it needs to be all about her. Show her whos the boss, Ana:rocker2:
Just a prediction, i think its going to be a rematch in the final from last year with the same result, Serena over Jankovic.

I agree... just watched the 2007 match... Bondarenko is the typical journeywoman, good but without any real weapon. Ana was a zombie in the first set, dominated the second set and played pretty good in the third, but Bondarenko hit some lucky shots and Ana after being broken at 3-5 started missing again. She plays smart though, attacked a lot Ana's BH and moved her around... Alos Ana's serve was pretty bad in that match... so all in all it's all in Ana's raquet... which is not comforting (loos to Czink:help:)

The 2nd Law
Aug 28th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Hi everyone! :wavey:
I'm not going to predict anything, because if you remember, my Wimbledon prediction thread was terrible! :tape::help::lol: So I'm just going to express my thoughts and opinions :p

Something inside my head is telling me that maybe, just maybe, Ana has decided that she's sick of losing, and is going to take her first match very seriously. Especially after last year's disaster, which IMO was the real beginning of this terrible slump.

Lots of people say that Ana hates NY, I don't disagree, but from memory I don't think Ana has ever really had some great/intense matches there (please correct me if I'm wrong). However this year I feel like the tennis gods have given her a blessing, because if she makes it to 4r against Jankovic that match could be a real turning point for Ana. Some JJ fans are even scared of this match!! I just feel that by playing JJ, Ana might rediscover some of that passion and burning desire - they have a fantastic rivalry, potentially the best in the WTA imo.

Finally, whilst it sucks to see Ana having such bad results, I think we need to remember that she has been to the very pinnacle of her sport - she knows what it takes to be a champion. For this reason, I can't help but still have faith in her.

GL, Ana - your fans will be behind you no matter what :)

Midge.
Aug 28th, 2009, 08:50 AM
:wavey:

if Ana plays like she did against Safarova then she'll win

This.

While the match against Lucie was very hot and cold, the general level of play throughout the match (yes including the 3rd set :help:) is good enough to get past KBond. Ana just needs get the ball over the net. Seriously no winners in a whole set. :o
Niculescu, i admit i haven't seen her play, but i'd imagine Ana could take care of her.
Sabine is injured and still recovering.
And JJ, lets be frank, is Ana's bitch. :)

It's not the best or worst draw, but she can defintley make some progress with it. Unfortunatley not everyone can get cakewalks like Safina. :ras:

Lets set a par.
1st/2nd round, FAIL.
3rd round would be good, average, but good.
4th would be very very nice.
Qtr final would be a huge win.
Semi+ is an extremely unlikely bonus.

Time for Ana to make her move. :armed:

InsideOut.
Aug 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
:wavey:

This.

While the match against Lucie was very hot and cold, the general level of play throughout the match (yes including the 3rd set :help:) is good enough to get past KBond. Ana just needs get the ball over the net. Seriously no winners in a whole set. :o
Niculescu, i admit i haven't seen her play, but i'd imagine Ana could take care of her.
Sabine is injured and still recovering.
And JJ, lets be frank, is Ana's bitch. :)

It's not the best or worst draw, but she can defintley make some progress with it. Unfortunatley not everyone can get cakewalks like Safina. :ras:

Lets set a par.
1st/2nd round, FAIL.
3rd round would be good, average, but good.
4th would be very very nice.
Qtr final would be a huge win.
Semi+ is an extremely unlikely bonus.

Time for Ana to make her move. :armed:

Niculescu is called the female Santoro by some, but in truth she is nothing more than a junkballer who can't hit a proper forehand to save her life and must therefore revert to a forehand slice. Her occasional flashes of brilliance with an on-and-off two-handed forehand and backhand cannot hide the fact that she is but an entertaining journeywoman with no serve. :angel:

Ana has played her twice before. The first time was Ana's first ever match on the pro tour, and I'd imagine Niculescu would have been a nightmare for anyone just out of juniors, purely because of her unorthodox style of play. In that match, you can imagine that Ana was troubled for a while but still won 1-6 6-1 6-2. ;) The next time they met was in Fed Cup last year, when Ana was somehow sick and injured (as was JJ) after a tiring Australian Open. During the few ties then Ana lost a set to Renne Reinhard (I have no idea what she has ever done in her career), trashed Ula Radwanska, and beat Niculescu 5-7 6-4 7-5 :tape: while being aced 8 times by Niculescu's useless serve - clearly showing that Ana was inhibited in her movement, and therefore that match basically can't count for anything. She also teamed up with JJ last year to beat Cirstea/Niculescu in the crucial doubles tie, 2-6 7-6 7-6 :worship:

But I would worry more about K. Bondarenko right now than about Niculescu. Even though Ana would have to play absolute garbage to lose to her, we must never assert anything or doubt anything when it comes to Ana. And maybe that's why we love her, or should we say, why we hate to love but have to love her.

On a side note, RenaTard1234 (Slutiana) has uploaded highlights of Ana's match against Coin last year on YouTube (yes, if you can make highlights out of the Kuznetsova-Chakvetadze USO SF you can make highlights out of any match :tape:) and to be honest, I didn't remember that Coin played as well as she did - at least about top 20 level, and Ana's forehand was still huge in most cases, but Coin played the match of her life and Ana mentally crumbled. :o

AstuteLearner8
Aug 28th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Wow, I missed the match with Coin, I'm going to go see the higlights for the first time.. oh and New York Times published something short about Coin and her "earth-shattering" win...

InsideOut.
Aug 28th, 2009, 09:44 AM
^The highlights don't bring up some important details. Such as how, at 2-2 in third, Ana missed a 0-40 three break points opportunity (I was certain and hopeful that she would break but :help:) and predictably lost serve in the next game. How Ana saved the first match point with a forehand that was almost out and was challenged (I was almost thinking that perhaps miracles could happen).

Anyway that was a :help: match and I felt like a lobster with all the flesh forcibly pulled out of me and boiled in hot water for 4,5 days afterwards.

Adrian1092
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Wow, Coin did play really well in fairness to her, she looked like a top 20 Player at least as you mentioned Ben and her serve was amazing. She also put in a good performance against Amelie in the next round.
What happened Ana :bigcry:

soul
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Let her pass just the first round FIRST.

DownTheLine21
Aug 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think Ana hates the USO or New York. She was playing well in 2006 and 2007, but just ran into Serena and Venus. Had she gotten past Venus in 2007, I'm sure she would have made the SF. 2008 was obviously a different story.

jelenacg
Aug 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Niculescu is called the female Santoro by some, but in truth she is nothing more than a junkballer who can't hit a proper forehand to save her life and must therefore revert to a forehand slice. Her occasional flashes of brilliance with an on-and-off two-handed forehand and backhand cannot hide the fact that she is but an entertaining journeywoman with no serve. :angel:

Ana has played her twice before. The first time was Ana's first ever match on the pro tour, and I'd imagine Niculescu would have been a nightmare for anyone just out of juniors, purely because of her unorthodox style of play. In that match, you can imagine that Ana was troubled for a while but still won 1-6 6-1 6-2. ;) The next time they met was in Fed Cup last year, when Ana was somehow sick and injured (as was JJ) after a tiring Australian Open. During the few ties then Ana lost a set to Renne Reinhard (I have no idea what she has ever done in her career), trashed Ula Radwanska, and beat Niculescu 5-7 6-4 7-5 :tape: while being aced 8 times by Niculescu's useless serve - clearly showing that Ana was inhibited in her movement, and therefore that match basically can't count for anything. She also teamed up with JJ last year to beat Cirstea/Niculescu in the crucial doubles tie, 2-6 7-6 7-6 :worship:

But I would worry more about K. Bondarenko right now than about Niculescu. Even though Ana would have to play absolute garbage to lose to her, we must never assert anything or doubt anything when it comes to Ana. And maybe that's why we love her, or should we say, why we hate to love but have to love her.

On a side note, RenaTard1234 (Slutiana) has uploaded highlights of Ana's match against Coin last year on YouTube (yes, if you can make highlights out of the Kuznetsova-Chakvetadze USO SF you can make highlights out of any match :tape:) and to be honest, I didn't remember that Coin played as well as she did - at least about top 20 level, and Ana's forehand was still huge in most cases, but Coin played the match of her life and Ana mentally crumbled. :o

I watched that match.It was horrible :tape: I felt sorry for Ana and JJ bc they had to play Fed Cup after AO.They were both very tired.I remember Ana was barely moving in that match and i think she asked for MTO :tape:
I wouldn`t call Niculescu a female Santoro :lol: but she does have a strange game :rolleyes:
Bondarenko first :tape:

HowardH
Aug 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Niculescu is called the female Santoro by some, but in truth she is nothing more than a junkballer who can't hit a proper forehand to save her life and must therefore revert to a forehand slice. :angel:

So true. Unlike Santoro, who plays very intelligently, can actually control and place the ball with his topspin if he wants, and picks and chooses when to slice and when to topspin, Niculescu's topspin on both sides has very little control, so she chooses to slice her forehand almost out of necessity. However Niculescu has recently been improving her topspin shots I believe. Serve is horrible. But then Ana's new serve...

I fear she would only have to play below par, to be honest. Katya has some pace on the serve (albeit with a slightly odd front-on footwork, like her sister) and has a bit of power. She is not as mentally strong as some, but has some toughness. Anyway, as you say, the level required to lose to Katya is unfortunately well within Ana's grasp :sad:.

Coin played the match of her life and Ana mentally crumbled. :o

The story of her entire year, more or less :o. She gets herself into a fist-pumping ajde-calling frenzy every time she wins a point and can't think anymore. After all her calls and gestures, when the crowd finally quiet down before the next point, the silence is emphasised and the stress increases, due to the contrast from Anna's frenzy. Maximum silence and maximum stress and expectation, just when she is tossing the ball. And somehow she is making everyone look like they are playing the match of their lives against her.

But, I am feeling unusually and probably foolishly positive right now. Anyone else thinking Ana might just have a deep run? She just has to beat K Bond, Niculescu, Sabine or Rezai, JJ, and then onto Dina. Seriously, it's possible... isn't it? I think I might be purposely deluding myself though... but on paper, a year ago, that run would have been totally expected. Maybe it is better to expect nothing and then be pleasantly surprised by every game she manages to win. Just think about beating Katya. Nothing else.

gaviotabr
Aug 28th, 2009, 06:24 PM

Coin played the match of her life definitely. The serve was working and she was strong throughout the match. But the key was what you said.. Ana mentally crumbled. She had 5 BPs in the third set and couldn't convert any. When she lost those 3 BPs in a row at 2-2, I just knew she would get broken. Ana often loses all concentration after losing opportunities.. it's like she can't get over what just happened, gets all down on herself. And Coin kept going, didn't faulter.

But then again, that is what has been happening with Ana ever since.. she is mentally crumbling and can't win any important point. It happened again in Toronto. That's my fear against K.Bond. I think it will be a tough match.. and I just don't trust Ana to mentally win a match.. she is much more likely to mentally lose it.