PDA

View Full Version : US Open Series: Lucky Number 3? - Toronto

Pages : [1] 2

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:33 PM
So OK, Cincy sucked:ras:
Time to leave it behind and look forward to Canada:)

To be honest, at this moment I expect absolutely nothing from Ana:o
Her match against Czink must have been god-awful to watch! I feel sorry for everyone who had to witness this train-wreck...

Still, deep down under all this double faults, ugly ball tosses, unforced errors and insecurities, is still a champion. It may be sleeping - or more precisely in a coma like state - but it could awake any moment:bounce: Right?:unsure:

Maybe Toronto will bring out the best in her:) Maybe we will see glimpses of "Vintage Ana", the one that deserved her ranking and even made it to No.1 in the world.
It's been a while since we've seen her, but you never no...
Maybe she'll surprise all of us and will come out guns blazing, shoes queaking, AJDE!ing and fistpump-turnaround-knee-kicking:inlove:

As always I hope for the best, but I'm definitely prepared for the worst:D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 12th, 2009, 10:46 PM
If you don't want to try then just don't play her a pay a fine.
NOBODY is waiting for this.

Curtos07
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Please make it to at least the 3rd round here Ana. Yes, that's how low my expectations have gotten for her. :help:

gaviotabr
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:06 PM
She will lose in the first round. :shrug:

cowking
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I get to watch her lose since it'll be televised here. :rolleyes: :o

Well I guess I'll get to see what she has to improve on.

SOA_MC
Aug 12th, 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best

Something like Ana is doing

InsideOut.
Aug 13th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Ai Sugiyama def. Ana Ivanovic 6-3 6-1.

Stevecw
Aug 13th, 2009, 03:42 PM
2nd round is best we can hope for really.
Its just painful seeing her results these days. Would not be surprised if she goes out in the 1st.
:help:

spiritedenergy
Aug 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
2nd round is best we can hope for really.
Its just painful seeing her results these days. Would not be surprised if she goes out in the 1st.

I agree... 1R or 2R, same at US Open:o

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Am I deluded that I still hope she will not lose in the first round of the US Open? :sobbing:

I like her unbeaten streak in grand slams first rounds.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Am I deluded that I still hope she will not lose in the first round of the US Open? :sobbing:

it depends on whom she draws, but i think she has a good chance to win the 1st round... other than that, not much:o

Davodus
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I hope she makes round 2 here :hearts: what a great tournament that would be :hearts:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Me 2. Then she has at least something left.

Didn't someone say she sucks in LA, Cin and Toronto to win the USO?
I really believe that is happening....................

Except for winning the US Open.

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Not that it matters at all... but the draw for the Rogers Cup will be done tomorrow and we will be able to follow it live:

Official Draw to Kick-Off Rogers Cup at CN Tower

For tennis fans, there is nothing better than exciting match-ups between rival players. Serena and Venus Williams provide drama in every head-to-head match, while Serena and Dinara Safina have traded verbal barbs, each trying to prove they are the world’s No. 1 player.

It is match-ups like these that will attract fans to the 2009 Rogers Cup, where they will see an incredible player field begin action on August 15. With the entire Top 25 on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour coming to Toronto, the possibilities for intense, hard-fought matches are almost endless.

Before the fun begins on the court though, opponents must be decided, and the anticipation will finally end at the Official Draw taking place August 14 at Horizons Restaurant at the top of the CN Tower. In a change from previous years, the Official Draw will be an exclusive, invite-only affair with media and VIP ticket holders and sponsors as the only people in attendance. The event will feature Russian star Maria Sharapova, Rogers Cup tournament director Karl Hale, and will run from 5:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Fans can get a sneak peek into the high-class proceedings via live Web cast on the Rogers Cup Web site (www.rogerscup.com), beginning at 6:30 p.m.

Shortly after the Web cast begins, Tournament Referee Tony Cho will begin the draw, putting an end to the suspense over possible match-ups. Within minutes, the opening round will be determined, while fans can look ahead to potential meetings between their favourite players.

Fans in Toronto can expect to see electrifying competition between fantastic, evenly-matched players. By tuning into the Official Draw, locals can get the early scoop on these match-ups, as the excitement grows for the start of the 2009 Rogers Cup.

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/english/currentNews.php?id=OfficialDrawPreview

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:56 AM
i hope i will able to watch Ana on tv... i can watch TSN now... of course she needs to win some matches to get there:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:59 AM
i hope i will able to watch Ana on tv... i can watch TSN now... of course she needs to win some matches to get there:rolleyes:

I think there will be coverage since the first round, which is good! :lol: We can at least bitch about her loss with more knowledge. :lol:

I will have a full monday, so I'm kind of hoping she plays tuesday so I can actually watch.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I think there will be coverage since the first round, which is good! :lol: We can at least bitch about her loss with more knowledge. :lol:

I will have a full monday, so I'm kind of hoping she plays tuesday so I can actually watch.. :sobbing:

mmmhhh but will they show her in R1? Just to watch her lose to some random scrub?:o

I will be busy Tuesday but might have time Monday, so I hope she'll play Monday (or Tuesday evening):p

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:10 AM
mmmhhh but will they show her in R1? Just to watch her lose to some random scrub?:o

I will be busy Tuesday but might have time Monday, so I hope she'll play Monday (or Tuesday evening):p

I could settle for Monday night.. :lol: But I guess they will give that slot to either Sharapova or Clijsters.

I think Ana will still play on center court in her first match, so they would broadcast her match. I can only hope she has already forgot about that stupid service motion.

Stevecw
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Maybe its better if like US tourneys we don't actually have to witness the defeats.
It makes it worse when you see it on tv...we all know its gonna end ugly in round 2 probably after scraping past a nobody in round 1 in 3 sets!

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I wonder why they did not even mention Venus in the website:tape:

And Wozniak is seed 22??? She's ranked like 40:spit:

The draw ceremony will be in the CN tower, i wonder who will attend...

Polikarpov
Aug 14th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Random mug will beat Ana in three sets. Random mug will injure herself in the next round.

The 2nd Law
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Deep down, I still believe in you Ana! :(

Mixo
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Deep down, I still believe in you Ana! :(

Your avy does not say that...

As I predicted Ana will win the USO, and I will laugh at you all using the RIP avatars. You dont believe in her.

PS: And yes... Im joking. She won't.

The 2nd Law
Aug 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Your avy does not say that...

As I predicted Ana will win the USO, and I will laugh at you all using the RIP avatars. You dont believe in her.

PS: And yes... Im joking. She won't.

You make an extremely good point :P
However, I only have this avy because I didn't want to make InsideOut dig through older pages to resize one for me, and i specifically requested the RG trophy to show how good she can be :lol: You can go look in the Avatar thread to see my request :P

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM
From twitter:

SonyEricssonWTA If you're in Toronto on Monday, head to Yonge/Dundas Streets at Noon for a special Sony Ericsson event with Ivanovic and Safina!
about 1 hour ago from web

http://twitter.com/SonyEricssonWTA

How endearing! They still call Ana to do those events!

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 09:58 PM
From twitter:

http://twitter.com/SonyEricssonWTA

How endearing! They still call Ana to do those events!

:lol:

I mean, why didn't they call Sharapova? I'm sure Sharapova will win more matches:rolleyes:

I was in Toronto a week ago... I should have waited for Ana to slap her:p

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM

I mean, why didn't they call Sharapova? I'm sure Sharapova will win more matches:rolleyes:

I was in Toronto a week ago... I should have waited for Ana to slap her:p

By the way.. if Ana is doing this Monday at noon.. she is either playing the night session on monday or only tuesday.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
so when is the draw? Im hoping for a qualifier, Ana is on a roll vs them. 7 in a row, i think..

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
They are doing the draw live in a few minutes in this web:

http://www.topspinradio.com/

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM

it started:eek:

thanks Izzy:kiss:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:25 PM
sharapova is late...diva:rolleyes:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:25 PM

It works great! Thanks! Ive never followed one with video.

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Is there any sound?

It seems they are late or something..

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Is there any sound?

It seems they are late or something..

yes there is sound, Sharapova is late, they are waiting for her...:help:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:30 PM
yes there is sound, Sharapova is late, they are waiting for her...:help:

Oh.. I can't hear any sound.. :sobbing:

Let's hope Sharapova arrives soon.. :unsure:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Oh.. I can't hear any sound.. :sobbing:

Let's hope Sharapova arrives soon.. :unsure:

maybe you need to install something?

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:34 PM
maybe you need to install something?

Maybe.. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.. but every other flash video I open works great. And the image is also very good. :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Maybe.. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.. but every other flash video I open works great. And the image is also very good. :shrug:

mmhhh did you check on the right the sound button? you can click and put it on mute, maybe you did it by mistake?

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM
the little sound icon in the lower right, did you try clicking it?

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM
the little sound icon in the lower right, did you try clicking it?

thought the same:lol:

hey Jonny:wavey:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:39 PM
thought the same:lol:

hey Jonny:wavey:

hey:wavey:

Masha's here. Thanks for stopping by Maria.:p

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:39 PM
It started..

What lady luck has in store for Ana? :unsure:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
OMG guys! I'm not THAT stupid.. I've obviously tried that.. but it was not it. I can actually listen to it very very low.. I tried the volume of the computer and of the soundboxes and it's at max.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM
OMG guys! I'm not THAT stupid..

Sorry Izzy, just trying to help:kiss: didnt mean anything by it.:)

Ana Ivanovic , draw line 56:rocker2:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Dementieva quarter i think...

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
No problem! ;) I was joking a bit..

So Ana is in the last half.

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Sharapova Petrova again:lol: Sharapova face was ice:lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Sharapova Petrova again:lol: Sharapova face was ice:lol:

They are glued to each other! :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Ana vs Kanepi:sad:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Ana vs Kanepi:sad:

I think qualifier?

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:56 PM
OMG guys! I'm not THAT stupid.. I've obviously tried that.. but it was not it. I can actually listen to it very very low.. I tried the volume of the computer and of the soundboxes and it's at max.

:unsure::lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:57 PM
From twitter:

wtennisphotos: Ivanovic vs Qualifier 1 st round
3 minutes ago from web

Marilyn Monheaux
Really? Well that's even worse:o

Curtos07
So who is Ana playing in her first match? All I was able to hear was that she was from Estonia.

Curtos07
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Never mind, I am late posting. :lol:

SOA_MC
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
A Qualifier again :o

Oh man :(

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I was looking at the qualy draw and it's so strong.. players like Vinci, Safarova, Dulko.. :sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Ana's quarter

Caroline Wozniacki (8) vs BYE
Elena Vesnina vs Jie Zheng
qualifier vs Kaia Kanepi
qualifier vs Ana Ivanovic (11)

Marion Bartoli (13) vs Alona Bondarenko
qualifier vs qualifier
qualifier vs Daniela Hantuchova
BYE vs Serena Williams (2)

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Well.. I don't even know what to say.. I would say Ana could make the QF. But then again.. she might as well lose in the first round if she keeps sucking so much.

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Jie Zheng:unsure: Kanepi is in 8 matches losing streak or something, watch her beat Ana:o

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Jie Zheng:unsure: Kanepi is in 8 matches losing streak or something, watch her beat Ana:o

she was pretty good against Azarenka on Monday. Didnt even know she was on a losing streak, it was just winner after winner by both her and Vika.

Curtos07
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
That draw doesn't look so good. :(

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:13 PM
she was pretty good against Azarenka on Monday. Didnt even know she was on a losing streak, it was just winner after winner by both her and Vika.

Really? That's what I read in GM... i imagine she'll beat Ana for sure then... but first Ana has to beat the qualifier... Dulko, Safarova, Vinci, looks like they are all playing better at the moment:unsure:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:17 PM
We should just expect her to lose.. that way is less painful.. :sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Is Yan in qualifying?:tape:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:19 PM
We should just expect her to lose.. that way is less painful.. :sobbing:

is she is serving and playing like against Czink that's what will happen in R1 or R2 for sure:sad:

gaviotabr
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:20 PM
is she is serving and playing like against Czink that's what will happen in R1 or R2 for sure:sad:

True.. :sobbing:

Ana, please forget that serve.. go back to your normal one.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Is Yan in qualifying?:tape:

no, but Coin is:lol:

Also ALG:unsure:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
no, but Coin is:lol:

phew, I wouldnt mind a rematch with Coin, but not Zi Yan in Toronto again.

I found the Q-draw now. Lots of surprising names in there.
Laura Granville:eek: I wondered what happened to her.

Stevecw
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Lot of good players in qualifying, so even that 1st round won't be easy at all.
Lets focus on that 1st...surely by now we have learned never to look far ahead!

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I think the question shouldn't even be if Ana will win a match or two.. but if she will play decent or not.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I think the question shouldn't even be if Ana will win a match or two.. but if she will play decent or not.. :sobbing:

No she won`t :lol:
Coin :lol:That would be fun

AstuteLearner8
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hello people :wavey:. Was too busy taking an afternoon nap to care about Sharapova coming late and doing the draw. So Ana gets qualifier eh? Well, she always beats qualifier 7-0 this year I think. But still, that horrible serve isn't going to get her anywhere.

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 12:43 AM
http://www.rogerscup.com/women/QS.pdf

The qualy draw.. :scared:

SOA_MC
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I'm hoping for Dushevina

Ana can get her annual USO present in Toronto

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:39 AM
ill hope for Granville.:lol: Ana couldnt possibly lose to the best Chicago has to offer:tape:
then again, Hingis lost to Granville at 2007 Wimbledon, but obviously the reason was that Martina was on cocaine:rolleyes:

-NAJ-
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Good luck in Toronto

Davodus
Aug 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I have 2 favourites in qualifying, and my other 2 favourites play qualifiers in round 1 :rolleyes: this tournament is not going to work out well for me, I don't think

hellas719
Aug 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM
GL Ana!

Davodus
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I have 1 favourites in qualifying, and my other 2 favourites play qualifiers in round 1 :rolleyes: this tournament is not going to work out well for me, I don't think

corrected after ALG's disgusting choke loss to Baltacha :rolleyes: makes it easier, I guess

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Guys on Ana's website crack me up:

Ana would play either Estonia's Kaia Kanepi or another qualifier in the second round, with eighth seed Caroline Wozniacki a potential opponent in round three.

Second seed Serena Williams is Ana's most likely opponent in the quarter-finals, while No.4 Elena Dementieva or No.6 Svetlana Kuznetsova could await in the last four.What's the point of guessing who's going to be her QF opponent, let alone SF... when she's proly gonna lose in 1r to qualifier. Yet again. :tape:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
ill hope for Granville.:lol:

her comeback to WTA didnt start good. Retired in the 3rd set. Hope shes okay.

corrected after ALG's disgusting choke loss to Baltacha :rolleyes: makes it easier, I guess

Kim's got an interesting draw. Can she take Azarenka?

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Guys on Ana's website crack me up:

What's the point of guessing who's going to be her QF opponent, let alone SF... when she's proly gonna lose in 1r to qualifier. Yet again. :tape:

They also live in a fairytale..

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Ana is already practicing in Toronto. I've read in twitter that there are people who saw her there.

Was just three feet away from ivanovic and sharapova :)
about 1 hour ago from txt

http://twitter.com/harrydeee

spiritedenergy
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Ana is already practicing in Toronto. I've read in twitter that there are people who saw her there.

http://twitter.com/harrydeee

are they practicing together?:eek:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:18 PM
are they practicing together?:eek:

I don't think so.. :lol: I saw a short video of Sharapova practicing and she had a male hitting partner.

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 07:57 PM
She is practicing alone or with a coach?
BTW where is Cahill?

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:13 PM
She is practicing alone or with a coach?
BTW where is Cahill?

Sven is there already.. though I don't know if that's helpful.. :shrug:

Cahill has ESPN duties.. I think he is calling ATP events.

Ksenia.
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Third time lucky? Luck won't be enough in Ana's case :scratch: [/positivity][/faith]

spiritedenergy
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM

:o Cahill is never available... Ana leave the adidas team, get a good coach who can man you up!:o

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:18 PM
:o Cahill is never available... Ana leave the adidas team, get a good coach who can man you up!:o

Ana has some serious manning up to do! :lol:

I still have some hope she gets a serious recognized coach for the off season. Not a new Kardon please...

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:20 PM

Great :rolleyes:
I hope he forgot about the new service motion :(

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Great :rolleyes:
I hope he forgot about the new service motion :(

Yes.. me too.. just a normal serve will do Ana! Don disfigure your game!

Curtos07
Aug 15th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Speaking of Ana, there is now Tropical Storm Ana, the first big storm of the 2009 Atlantic Hurricane season. If it's anything like our Ana, it will disappear quickly and wont cause much damage. :lol:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2z9h102.jpg

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Speaking of Ana, there is now Tropical Storm Ana, the first big storm of the 2009 Atlantic Hurricane season. If it's anything like our Ana, it will disappear quickly and wont cause much damage. :lol:

:sad::sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM

:lol: that needs a rimshot--> http://www.truckstopusa.com/forums/images/smilies/rimshot.gif Ba-dump-CHHH

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 10:40 PM
:lol: :worship:
We don`t have tha kind of storms here and i`m not complaining :lol:

Stevecw
Aug 16th, 2009, 12:47 AM
That storm might do a little damage to the first island for the first hour or so & after a long delay might just happen to destroy it and carry on its "storm"....but then it will just fall apart at the 2nd island and the rest of the Islands will be fine, despite having done nothing to even deserve to escape being knocked out!.

DownTheLine21
Aug 16th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I have no hope for Toronto. A QF would be ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Official-Sony Ericsson WTA Tour UPDATE - Toronto Fans! On Monday at Noon, head to Yonge/Dundas streets for a special Sony Ericsson event with Ana Ivanovic and Caroline Wozniacki (Safina will still be in Cincinnati to play in the final) reenacting of the Agassi/Sampras Nike ad of 1995!

So.. The Ana-Safina match up is so doomed it can't happen even in WTA promotional act. :lol: Ana and Safina have been draw to meet each other in so many tournaments since the RG final last year, and Ana has lost 1 or 2 matches early every single time.

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
From the tournament forum:

I forgot to say I saw Ana practicing yesterday. I remember how she used to be oozing joy, innocence and all. Yesterday she looked tired, unhappy, her toss was all over the place and didn't have the same energy she used to have :sad:

That's just so said.. Ana has lost her spark, her happiness on court. It's really hard to play well if you are not enjoying it.. and one of Ana's main qualities was her love for the game.

She was probably frustrated with herself or with a bad practice session, but still.. :sobbing:

One thing I can't understand though.. she seemed okay at Wimbledon. She gets a month off, which should give her some more energy.. and comes back this sad? What's going on?

DownTheLine21
Aug 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
One thing I can't understand though.. she seemed okay at Wimbledon. She gets a month off, which should give her some more energy.. and comes back this sad? What's going on?

This is the confusing part. I actually thought things were looking up at Wimbledon. I was optimistic for the start of the hardcourt season.

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM
This is the confusing part. I actually thought things were looking up at Wimbledon. I was optimistic for the start of the hardcourt season.

Yes.. I don't understand it either.. but the little I've seen from her in the hard court season (apart from the bad results), she has looked really down to me. I wrote this in the forum, after seeing her interview with Fox Sports in LA, even before the tournament. Like some sadness was oozing from her.. I've never felt Ana like this before.. it's so weird.

Andreas
Aug 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Great memories from this tournament :sad:

Hopefully she can somehow find her game in Toronto, even if I doubt it :o At least she should win a match!

mure
Aug 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I still have some hope she gets a serious recognized coach for the off season. Not a new Kardon please...

Was Chandler Bing a recognised coach before he started working with Safina?Or this gigolo-looking coach of Azarenka?Somehow i don't think being an experienced coach is such a big deal.A thirsty rookie could do the work as well.Anyway i also don't understand what was so wrong with Kardon.There wasn't any improvement for sure but she didn't regress wither.And askin Ana to come to the net more often makes more sense than the Adidas wiseguys idea of changing her whole service motion :rolleyes:

Mixo
Aug 16th, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ro/thumb/f/f3/Chandlerbing.jpg/300px-Chandlerbing.jpg

Chandler Bing?? Coach?!?!?!

mure
Aug 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
yeah Safina's coach looks freakishly alike Chandler Bing..

InsideOut.
Aug 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Good luck Ana. :) Win a match or two, OK? :)

:sobbing: I'm trying so hard to be optimistic.

Mixo
Aug 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
yeah Safina's coach looks freakishly alike Chandler Bing..
Oh really?

Chandler Bing was :worship::worship:

jelenacg
Aug 16th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Frustrate and unhappy Ana on court is always a bad sign :tape:
Is it really hard to find her a coach that can fix her ball toss and serve :fiery: I just don`t get it.:tape:
I can`t believe they don`t understand how important part of her game is her serve.The more they mess with her serve the harder will be to fix it :banghead:
I guess she will lose in 1R or 2R depending on her opponent in 1R :worship::worship:
The more i see and read the less i`m optimistic about her off season preparation for hext year :help::tape:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Is it really hard to find her a coach that can fix her ball toss and serve :fiery: I just don`t get it.:tape:

She has one but I guess he's not there now. In Eastbourne they worked on it and it looked good after that. Only 2 catches in doubles match.
But I really don't know why it was destroyed again after that.
I'm serious she served some bombs in practise :sad:

spiritedenergy
Aug 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
that's awful to read... she might really retire at some point if she is so unhappy an her play so crappy... I'm sure she doesn't want this agony to continue for so long...:o

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:08 PM
So.. just got home now.. was taking a look and Ana will not play tomorrow. I'm waiting for the draw to be updated with the qualifiers, since the OOP is out and the players have to have been placed. Still nothing though..

I can already see Ana taking on Julie Coin.. :sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM
So.. just got home now.. was taking a look and Ana will not play tomorrow. I'm waiting for the draw to be updated with the qualifiers, since the OOP is out and the players have to have been placed. Still nothing though..

I can already see Ana taking on Julie Coin.. :sobbing:

shouldnt be too long. Vinci, ElTabakh, and Wickmayer have their opponents. Safarova beat Urszula. Dulko lost to Niculescu. Shvedova beat Bychkova. I think its gonna be one of these opponents for Ana

#46 Lucie Safarova
#47 Magdalena Rybarikova
#58 Maria Kirilenko
#61 Yaroslava Shvedova
#64 Kateryna Bondarenko
#65 Julie Coin
#73 Monica Niculescu
#101 Alla Kudryavtseva
#105 Elena Baltacha

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM
shouldnt be too long. Vinci, ElTabakh, and Wickmayer have their opponents. Safarova beat Urszula. Dulko lost to Niculescu. Shvedova beat Bychkova. I think its gonna be one of these opponents for Ana

#46 Lucie Safarova
#47 Magdalena Rybarikova
#58 Maria Kirilenko
#61 Yaroslava Shvedova
#64 Kateryna Bondarenko
#65 Julie Coin
#73 Monica Niculescu
#101 Alla Kudryavtseva
#105 Elena Baltacha

K.Bond will play Wickmayer.

Yes.. shouldn't take long.. let's see.

SOA_MC
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I'm happy Ana doesn't have Wickmayer or Vinci

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Was Chandler Bing a recognised coach before he started working with Safina?Or this gigolo-looking coach of Azarenka?Somehow i don't think being an experienced coach is such a big deal.A thirsty rookie could do the work as well.Anyway i also don't understand what was so wrong with Kardon.There wasn't any improvement for sure but she didn't regress wither.And askin Ana to come to the net more often makes more sense than the Adidas wiseguys idea of changing her whole service motion :rolleyes:

Kardon with his "The ball toss will work itself out", "all she needs to do is rush the net" would not help Ana either. And it didn't work as a coach-player relationship, as she was fast enough to let him go.

But I agree with you that a thirsty rookie could be good as well. Ana just need to find her fit, someone who can motivate her and make her a better player.

I also agree that what she has now isn't doing it.. I believe the adidas programme has great coaches, but Ana and her game are in such a state that she needs full time atention.

gaviotabr
Aug 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Some report from Ana's practice today:

Second court: Medina vs Ivanovic. Ana missing a lot, but still making Medina run around.

:tape:

Curtos07
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:03 AM
After reading these reports, I am not sure if I even want to watch her matches now. :tape: :sobbing: I hope she isn't all alone.

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Rybarikova [Q] vs. Ivanovic [11]

Nikkiri
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Thats a good first round for Ana.

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Also, not looking ahead, but looking ahead.. :sobbing: Safarova will play Kanepi in the first round.

Stevecw
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Thats a nice draw for Ana, could have been so much worse.
C'mon girl win this is 2 comfortable sets please :)

Curtos07
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:57 AM
All I know about Rybarikova is that Ana should beat her. :shrug: What is her style of play?

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:01 AM
JJ's match vs Rybarikova from RG is on youtube! She's not having something "special" to her game, so Ana should beat her.:D

If not: RETIRE, YOU LOSER:o

gaviotabr
All I know about Rybarikova is that Ana should beat her. :shrug: What is her style of play?

She can play well.. good volleys, good serve.. She won Birmingham this year. But she can also play awful, like against JJ in Roland Garros, spraying balls all over.

jelenacg
Some report from Ana's practice today:

:tape:

She practiced with Melinda Czink today? After she lost to her
What kind of player is Rybarikova?
Edit just saw what you wrote Izzy

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:04 AM
She practiced with Melinda Czink today? After she lost to her
What kind of player is Rybarikova?
Edit just saw what you wrote Izzy

Not Melinda, Medina. She practiced with AMG today. ;)

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Not Melinda, Medina. She practiced with AMG today. ;)

Oh :lol::lol:
Sorry , it`s late here :lol:
At least AMG is better player than Czink :)

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Oh :lol::lol:
Sorry , it`s late here :lol:
At least AMG is better player than Czink :)

Yes.. one thing that has been interesting lately is that now Ana is often practicing with other players. She spent quite a long time only hitting with male hitting partners.

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Thats a nice draw for Ana, could have been so much worse.
C'mon girl win this is 2 comfortable sets please :)

We shouldn't take her lightly though.. she has more titles than Ana this season! :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Yes.. one thing that has been interesting lately is that now Ana is often practicing with other players. She spent quite a long time only hitting with male hitting partners.

That is probably the only thing i like about this season :)
I always thought she should practice more with other players.Sven wasn`t at that short video you posted of Ana practicing
I still hope he was there ,leaving Ana alone = :help::tape::help::tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:25 AM
That is probably the only thing i like about this season :)
I always thought she should practice more with other players.Sven wasn`t at that short video you posted of Ana practicing
I still hope he was there ,leaving Ana alone = :help::tape::help::tape:

He was there, walking behind AMG.

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:31 AM
He was there, walking behind AMG.

Are you sure,that guy doesn`t look like a Sven to me

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Are you sure,that guy doesn`t look like a Sven to me

Well.. sure sure.. It's far away and the video doesn't have the best quality. But I think so. Either way, there were some guys with Ana there. One has to be Sven.. Look at this pic from twitter:

http://twitpic.com/e4onp

It's from far away again and we can only know it's Ana because the twitter says so, but there are people around Ana there.

I don't know if that's all that helpful though.. Ana needs to enjoy playing.. if she is not enjoying, it's very difficult to play well, coach or no coach.

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Well.. sure sure.. It's far away and the video doesn't have the best quality. But I think so. Either way, there were some guys with Ana there. One has to be Sven.. Look at this pic from twitter:

http://twitpic.com/e4onp

It's from far away again and we can only know it's Ana because the twitter says so, but there are people around Ana there.

I don't know if that's all that helpful though.. Ana needs to enjoy playing.. if she is not enjoying, it's very difficult to play well, coach or no coach.

That definitely looks like Ana :lol:
Enjoying or not i don`t want her to be alone without a coach :o

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:49 AM
That definitely looks like Ana :lol:
Enjoying or not i don`t want her to be alone without a coach :o

Well.. I'm sure he is attending Ana's practices.. ;)

Let's hope it has some positive effect.. I want to see Ana with sparks again.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Well.. I'm sure he is attending Ana's practices.. ;)

Let's hope it has some positive effect.. I want to see Ana with sparks again.. :sobbing:

That would be nice but that`s not going to happened until she starts playing better :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 01:57 AM
That would be nice but that`s not going to happened until she starts playing better :rolleyes:

Then it's a vicious cycle. She can only play well if she enjoys again, but she will only enjoy if whe plays well and win. Where to start?

AstuteLearner8
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM

Then it's a vicious circle. She can only play well if she enjoys again, but she will only enjoy if whe plays well and win. Where to start?

You guys are depressing :p. Although it is true, I hope that someone, preferably Isabela, or anyone could just shake her really hard to her senses or something because until somebody does that, the vicious cycle will continue... :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Isa, I propose that we write her a letter. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
You guys are depressing :p. Although it is true, I hope that someone, preferably Isabela, or anyone could just shake her really hard to her senses or something because until somebody does that, the vicious cycle will continue... :sobbing:

I would love to.. :sobbing:

Though I would start by telling her to play for fun. Just forget about everything else.. play to have fun. I'm sure things would improve.

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Then it's a vicious circle. She can only play well if she enjoys again, but she will only enjoy if whe plays well and win. Where to start?

I would suggest to start winning matches and don`t act like they are practices :tape:
It`s only a 1,5h on court she can stand being unhappy for that short period of time
Man up :armed:

InsideOut.
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Rybarikova :help: Bad draw. She has a great serve, nice touch, but erratic groundstrokes.

I just hope Ana forgets about her shit serve. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Isa, I propose that we write her a letter. :sobbing:

Ok! Let's do it Ben! I'm serious..

We can end the letter telling her how she unites people from all over the word. After all we are in literally opposites parts of the world. Maybe she can take some motivation from that. :)

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Rybarikova :help: Bad draw. She has a great serve, nice touch, but erratic groundstrokes.

I just hope Ana forgets about her shit serve. :sobbing:

Can the stars align and everything work Ana's way for a change? I think she needs that..

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I would suggest to start winning matches and don`t act like they are practices :tape:
It`s only a 1,5h on court she can stand being unhappy for that short period of time
Man up :armed:

Oh Jelena! :lol:

You are very practical.. Just get the job done. I agree that she needs to man up though. And get a "I will not lose, I will win, otherwise my name is not Ana Ivanovic" attitude.

InsideOut.
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Ok! Let's do it Ben! I'm serious..

We can end the letter telling her how she unites people from all over the word. After all we are in literally opposites parts of the world. Maybe she can take some motivation from that. :)

Should we open a letter thread?

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:19 AM
:lol:You guys are depressing :p. Although it is true, I hope that someone, preferably Isabela, or anyone could just shake her really hard to her senses or something because until somebody does that, the vicious cycle will continue... :sobbing:

Well i can`t be exited when she plays like shit :lol:
Shaking her,writing letters i don`t think so.Girl needs some serious slapping imo :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Should we open a letter thread?

Okay:)

Davodus
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Also, not looking ahead, but looking ahead.. :sobbing: Safarova will play Kanepi in the first round.

:o

tooooooooo close :o :o

Illusionist
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Ok, guys your RIP avatars... not cool :rolleyes:

I think last weeks' defeat was because of her insecurity over her new serve. Just want to know which idiot came up with changing the servein the middle of busy 3-weeks..She had a plenty of time to work on it, so I hope for the best on this tournament. It's not the greatest opener, but somehow I hope Ana will be able to come out with the game good enough to get through at least to the RND16.

Roookie
Aug 17th, 2009, 02:59 AM
R.I.P. avatars :spit:...Is that the way to support your fav?.

C'mon Ana....get it together..if JJ could you can as well. Go Serbia!

Pops Maellard
Aug 17th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I hope Ana can have a really good tournament in Toronto. Hopefully JJ's recent win will maybe give Ana a bit of a motivation boost.

Magda isn't the best opener but certainly not the worst either. Adje Ana. :D You can beat her.

SOA_MC
Aug 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Rybarikova great :yeah: It is better than some other players Ana could have got, but then again so was Czink

Wait and see I guess :shrug:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Some twits about the promo event:

therealcabbie: @rogerscup en route to Yonge & Dundas with Ana Ivanovic for the street style tennis game. Just did an interview. She's dope.
17 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

rogerscup: Official confirmation - Ivanovic and Wozniacki en route! And the weather couldn't be more perfect at yonge and dundas!
24 minutes ago from txt

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:14 PM
They hace some pics of the court here:

http://twitpic.com/photos/sonyericssonCA

InsideOut.
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:18 PM
MindTheRacketAnas ball toss looks great! LOL
1 minute ago from mobile web

:sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:20 PM

That's just because it's not a serious match.. :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I think it's sarcasm, and her ball toss is shit :help:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I think it's sarcasm, and her ball toss is shit :help:

Oh! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
MindTheRacketAna takes it 73!
less than a minute ago from mobile web

She wins every once in a while.. :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
are they playing for real in the middle of the street?:tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:36 PM
are they playing for real in the middle of the street?:tape:

http://twitpic.com/e8wr3

spiritedenergy
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:43 PM
http://twitpic.com/e8wr3

yes but I mean was it really with score?:lol: Well first top 10 win for Ana:p

AstuteLearner8
Aug 17th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Even though this is a promo event, hopefully Ana will carry this momentum of happiness into her matches... :)

DownTheLine21
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I'm definitely worried about Rybarikova. Ana should play tomorrow, correct?

spiritedenergy
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Rybarikova has actually won a tournament this year... I'm pessimistic...:sad:

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Ana will win :armed:
Ajde Ana
They were playing on street :cool: Ball toss was all over the place again :o

AstuteLearner8
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Ana will win :armed:
Ajde Ana
They were playing on street :cool: Ball toss was all over the place again :o

Double faulted 3 times, but had 7 winners though, :worship:.

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Double faulted 3 times, but had 7 winners though, :worship:.

Eurosport is showing Toronto 1R :bounce::bounce:
The bad thing it is Radwanska vs CSN match :zzz::zzz:
They will also show tennis tomorrow ,hopefully they will show Ana :)

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Another short report on Ana's practice yesterday:

While Daniela and Kim were practicing in the nearby court, Ana and Anabel was practicing in the second court. Ana looked much more tan in person and did not seem like she wanted to be there. Anabel was taped on both knees and didn’t move too well, and often got overpowered by Ana. At one point Medina Garrigues was so frustrated she yelled a couple sentences in Spanish really really loud (probably with profanity involved).

:sad:

Mixo
Aug 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, Im sure she wants this season to be over. Expecting the worst for the USO...

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM
We will see tomorrow how she feels.No need to get depressed before the match we`ll have plenty of time to do it during the match :lol:
Besides we all have our bad moments

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Ana is first up on center court tomorrow! 11 am local time.

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/Tues_18_OP.pdf

Is there any coverage at that time?

jelenacg
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Ana is first up on center court tomorrow! 11 am local time.

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/Tues_18_OP.pdf

Is there any coverage at that time?

I`m not sure ES will show first match :o

The Daviator
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Rybarikova is another Czink if not better, good serve + flat groundies = bye bye Ana :shrug:

gaviotabr
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I`m not sure ES will show first match :o

There has to be a stream somewhere! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:45 AM
With Petrova and Bartoli losing today, I guess Ana will be at least 12 going into the USO.

Hopefully Ana can win a few rounds here.

Pops Maellard
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Adje Ana. Win it girl. :armed:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Adje Ana. Win it girl. :armed:

adje yeah!:p

ajde Ana!:kiss:

DownTheLine21
Aug 18th, 2009, 04:52 AM
AHHH....I'm moving into my new apartment tomorrow and won't have internet/cable access until Wed. morning. I'll have to call one my friends for the score.

InsideOut.
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:19 AM

There has to be a stream somewhere! :sobbing:

There was a stream for Mauresmo-Schiavone yesterday so I'm sure there'll be one for Ana today. I'm pretty nervous for this. :scared:

Davodus
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Me too ^^

I think she will win, but whatever, with Ana absolutely anything could happen (except that she plays well)

Mixo
Aug 18th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Definetly ES wont show Ana's match. They start coverage at 21:30. But I think I have a stream

http://atdhe.net/7635/watch-wta-toronto

Pops Maellard
Aug 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Chillax guys. Ana will win. :)

Stevecw
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:19 PM
C'mon Ana, surprise us with an easy 2 set win :D

Best of luck :bigclap:

Pops Maellard
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:31 PM
adje yeah!:p

ajde Ana!:kiss:
Sorry I get so confused with spellings. :confused:

OK, I'll remember it this way. It's not "DJ". Got it. ;)

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I can't find any stream.. it seems only Eurosport player is showing Ana's match. :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Aug 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM
GRRRR...I want a stream. :sobbing:

Mixo
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Definetly ES wont show Ana's match. They start coverage at 21:30. But I think I have a stream

http://atdhe.net/7635/watch-wta-toronto

This stream was available, gaviota & Insideout!!!

InsideOut.
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:16 PM
The stream was way too slow for me; we have had some regional broadband problems over here, with my ISP only, these last few days. :o

But well done Ana :banana: Would have never imagined a win after that dreadful first set! :bounce: Next time just bagel your opponent in the third instead of making us scared of a choke :o

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:17 PM
she should be proud of that turn around. Good job Ana:kiss:

Curtos07
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:18 PM
At least Ana won the match. Didn't look so promising at the start but she is moving on. Now she has to be Safarova! :bounce:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:19 PM
At least a win here. First set must be soo bad. This win doesn't mean anything to me now.
Next is Safarova and again we can pray.

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Phew :rolleyes:
My connection went :cuckoo:
At least she is winning three setters :lol:
Did anyone watched that match

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:28 PM
At least Ana is being able to tough out wins..

I was able to see the last game. Her serve is definitely different.. not as effective and not as hard. But more controlled somehow.. The motion is not as fluid as before, with the shorter swing, but she must have worked on it, since it doesn't look all that bad. She gets a lot more control on the ball toss though.. the toss looked really good.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:30 PM
cant judge the toss from one game, but she served it out with ease.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
This stream was available, gaviota & Insideout!!!

Were you able to watch? It only started working for me when Ana was 4-2 up in the third. Before that it was off.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:35 PM
cant judge the toss from one game, but she served it out with ease.

Sure... it must have been bad at points.. she did get 7 DFs after all. Still a big number.

Did you see it Jonny?

The last game was error after error from Rybarikova. Ana had one very very very nice aggressive BH slice though, which she used to win the first point. Then they say Ana doesn't have variety.. tell me who besides her and Amelie can use the BH slice as a weapon? :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I guess she's just following the pattern of the last two events, three-set win then loss :o Safarova will be tough, I'd just love her to have a shot at Woz :(

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:38 PM
At least a win here. First set must be soo bad. This win doesn't mean anything to me now.
Next is Safarova and again we can pray.

It also doesn't mean anything to me. With Ana we just never know.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I guess she's just following the pattern of the last two events, three-set win then loss :o Safarova will be tough, I'd just love her to have a shot at Woz :(

Me too! :sobbing:

Mixo
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Were you able to watch? It only started working for me when Ana was 4-2 up in the third. Before that it was off.

Well... you can see in the livescore thread I completly forgot the match :lol: Whe I arrived it was working, and I arrived in the 2nd set 3-3

Illusionist
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Haven't had the oportunity to see it much, but I soooooo loved that 1st serve retrurn. Ana hit a spin forehand winner. <3 That shot got her 5-2 in the 3rd set.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Well... you can see in the livescore thread I completly forgot the match :lol: Whe I arrived it was working, and I arrived in the 2nd set 3-3

So tell us a bit about what you saw!

AstuteLearner8
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well, just woke up did she scare you guys all with the three-setter? :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I hope Ana gets her service motion back one day though.. it was so beautiful.. really smooth. Can't figure out why the change.. the problem was always the toss, not the motion. This new one is a bit awkward, and doesn't seem to do any damage.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Well, just woke up did she scare you guys all with the three-setter? :lol:

She scared me when she was up 4-0 and then suddenly lost 9 points in a row to go 4-2* 0-40. I can take a 2 set loss.. but a 3 set choke always breaks my heart! :sobbing: I'm glad she was able to break and serve it out. Phew!

AstuteLearner8
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:31 PM
She scared me when she was up 4-0 and then suddenly lost 9 points in a row to go 4-2* 0-40. I can take a 2 set loss.. but a 3 set choke always breaks my heart! :sobbing: I'm glad she was able to break and serve it out. Phew!

Oh ok! :bounce: Glad I was still sleeping when this happened :p. On to 2nd round!

SOA_MC
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Damn missed the new serve, I really wanted to see it :sad:

5 points won on Rybarikova in first set :help: However Ana has won at least one match at every tournament this year except Eastbourne. That is a better record than some top 30 players have

I'm looking too hard for positives

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Come quotes:

"I felt my movement, my shots, everything was working well, but I was trying to play a little too safe, I think," said Ivanovic, who will meet Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic in the second round. "She's a good player, and she was playing really aggressive and dominant.

"So then I tried to change a little bit and be more . . . patient, but still aggressive, and hit the way I was practising. And it worked really well."

She needs to be dominant and aggressive.. playing safe doesn't really work for Ana.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Damn missed the new serve, I really wanted to see it :sad:

5 points won on Rybarikova in first set :help: However Ana has won at least one match at every tournament this year except Eastbourne. That is a better record than some top 30 players have

I'm looking too hard for positives

And she so should have won that match in Eastbourne.. the choke still hurts! :sobbing:

hellas719
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:41 PM
At least Ana won:shrug:

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:19 PM
At least Ana is being able to tough out wins..

I was able to see the last game. Her serve is definitely different.. not as effective and not as hard. But more controlled somehow.. The motion is not as fluid as before, with the shorter swing, but she must have worked on it, since it doesn't look all that bad. She gets a lot more control on the ball toss though.. the toss looked really good.

But she said it will give her more power:confused: maybe she needs some time to adjust
So the serve and ball toss weren`t bad :eek: I was expectinga a disaster :o :lol:
She was trying to play safe -that is never a good option for Ana bc she becomes to passive
Thank God i didn`t see that from 4-0 to 4-2 40:0 :o
Safarova will be tough :bigcry: I want Ana to win a few more matches :sad:

Curtos07
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:21 PM
For those who didn't see any of the match, this video is from today's match of Ana's serve. I do not like it. :help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmmaee0idH0

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
For those who didn't see any of the match, this video is from today's match of Ana's serve. I do not like it. :help:

Thanks
It`s weird and strange but it doesn`t look that bad to me

SOA_MC
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:38 PM

It's not that bad, I was expecting some weird Bartoli like action

Well if it works then good :shrug:

Curtos07
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:54 PM
It seems like there isn't as much force as the old serve had. It's not all that bad but I will reserve judgement until I can actually watch a couple of matches in it's entirity.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:56 PM
What? Was it showed at ES 2?

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM
What? Was it showed at ES 2?

Only the last couple of games.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 08:50 PM
More quotes:

"As soon as I stepped on the court I felt quite good," said Ana. "I felt my movement, my shots, everything was working well, but I was trying to play a little too safely, I think. She's a good player, and she was playing really aggressive and dominantly.

"So then I tried to change things a little bit and be more more patient, but still aggressive and hit the way I was practicing. And it worked really well. I'm really, really happy. In the second and third set I really played well...like myself."

Then play like yourself since the beginning tomorrow please! :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Some more:

She needed a pep talk from coach Scott Byrnes after the first set.

“I told him I feel really good, I’m just not making (shots) or winning games,” Ivanovic said. “ He told me I’m being too passive, to commit to my shots a little more.”

She has been experimenting with a shorter swing and other changes to her game she termed “a work in progress”.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/2009/08/18/10502126.html

Pep talk from Sven, not Scott.. but well.. why all the changes in such an already confusing moment? Also.. don't be passive Ana. Be patient, but not passive.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:16 PM

It doesn't look bad, but a little bit awkward to me. Why couldn't she just change how she tossed the ball?!:fiery:

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:24 PM
It doesn't look bad, but a little bit awkward to me. Why couldn't she just change how she tossed the ball?!:fiery:

Good question! She always had such a beautiful service motion! :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I knew she was too passive.:rolleyes: Ana doesn`t play tomorrow so i guess more time to practice
Venus :lol::tape: 60UE :tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I knew she was too passive.:rolleyes: Ana doesn`t play tomorrow so i guess more time to practice
Venus :lol::tape: 60UE :tape:

Ana does play tomorrow. All remaining 2nd round matches tomorrow.

Venus.. :help:

Now Radwanska just might make the semis and get past Ana in the rankings.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Ana does play tomorrow. All remaining 2nd round matches tomorrow.

Venus.. :help:

Now Radwanska just might make the semis and get past Ana in the rankings.. :sobbing:

Really didn`t know that ,thanks
I think i read somewhere Radwanska didn`t reach semifinal this year.If that is true lets hope it stays that way

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Really didn`t know that ,thanks
I think i read somewhere Radwanska didn`t reach semifinal this year.If that is true lets hope it stays that way

I'm hoping Sharapova makes out of that quarter.. well.. I'm hoping Sharapova reaches the final. That way she can be seeded at the USO, and it will be one less opponent I would like Ana to face in the first round.

I really treasure Ana's unbeaten 1st round record at slams. :sobbing:

Pops Maellard
Aug 18th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Venus is becoming more and more irreverent outside Wimbledon. Lord knows why she's #3 in the world when she's sucked ass at two of the slams and didn't defend her Wimbledon win.

As for Ana, well, she won a round. :woohoo: Lucie S. is another streaky journeywoman similar to Magda. I hope Ana wins.

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Ana plays at night after Serena on center court tomorrow against Safarova. Maybe a stream?

http://www.rogerscup.com/women/Wed_19_OP.pdf

Good luck Ana!

gaviotabr
Aug 18th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Ivanovic, now ranked 11th, survived a scare earlier in the day .

The 11th-seeded Serb expected to cruise past her unseeded opponent. But after playing a conservative first set, she had to rally from behind to defeat Slovakia's Magdalena Rybarikova 2-6, 6-3, 6-2.

"I was trying to play a little too safe, I think," said Ivanovic, who won this event in 2006. "I thought things were going to come easier, because I can just make my shots. But it wasn't, because I was too defensive."

After having her serve broken twice in the first set, Ivanovic requested a coach's timeout. The advice he gave was simple: Start going for winners.

"He said exactly that," Ivanovic said, "that I'm too passive and have to be aggressive and commit to my shots a little more. And that's what I did. So it worked out good."

Why does she keep this "I expect things to come easier" thing? It's so stupid.. don't expect anything, fight for it. Hopefully she can start the next match commited to her shots, going for it.. not defensive and passive.

DownTheLine21
Aug 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm actually surprised that Ana won. It's also good, on some level, that she won another three-setter after losing the first set.

DownTheLine21
Aug 18th, 2009, 11:35 PM
And I don't mind the new service motion. At least Ana is trying to find a solution.

Pops Maellard
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Ana can beat Lucie. :)

AK-DH Fan
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Hope she beats Safarova. Good Luck Ana!

spiritedenergy
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:07 AM
she won?:eek: She will probably lose the next one like 6-3 6-2 though serving 11 DFs:o

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:07 AM

A video clip of one point doesnt erase my memory from last Wednesday..or reports out of Toronto all week of eyewitnesses to Ana's practices, that say her balltoss is all over the place. One thing seems for sure, that shes going to stick with it and keep working at it.
Btw, who posted that clip, is there more video from the match?

As for Lucie, havent seen her for some time. The last Safarova match i watched was during the 2008 FrenchOpen, where she lost badly in the 2nd round. Glad for the night match, should be home just in time.

spiritedenergy
Aug 19th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Stosur plays like Ana should play:sad: Serve and FH running around her BH every time is possible... It's such a simple and effective game... while Ana is not using it?:o

Davodus
Aug 19th, 2009, 04:48 AM
I can't even comment on the next match. It pisses me off so much that 2 of my favourites are playing when both really need the wins :o :o :o

spiritedenergy
Aug 19th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I read somewhere in the forum that Ana's new serve is not powerful... 150 kmh 1st serves and 120 kmh 2nd serves... plus she's still double-faulting a lot.. you know i like the fact that they are working on the problem and not ignoring it, but this looks like the wrong solution... i really hope Sven knows what he's doing:o

Anyways good luck against Lucie...

Nikkiri
Aug 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Lucie is just as erratic and unpredictable as Ana right now. So I think Ana has a good chance at winning not even playing her best. We'll see.

jelenacg
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I read somewhere in the forum that Ana's new serve is not powerful... 150 kmh 1st serves and 120 kmh 2nd serves... plus she's still double-faulting a lot.. you know i like the fact that they are working on the problem and not ignoring it, but this looks like the wrong solution... i really hope Sven knows what he's doing:o

I also hope Sven knows what he is doing :unsure:
Ana is not going to make any significant result without her serve .That is the most important part of her game.
BTW Sveta is not doing very well after RG :o On the other hand Stosur is on fire
I don`t like that they put Ana last. 3am here :help:

gaviotabr
Aug 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM

I just read it too.. I could see it was slower... but ugh.. 140 used to be Ana's average second serve. It's really weak for a first serve.. really weak. If she plays a good player she is going to get killed. I will not even mention the 120.. :help::tape: That was how Wozniacki was serving with an injured back at RG! :tape:

I think this "change the service motion" thing is another decision we can add to the "List of bad decisions made by Ana's team, volume 2008-2009".

I know they are looking for a solution.. something to get her serve together. But I can't see how serving puff balls is a good idea.. :o The problem was never the motion, it was always the ball toss. And if she is going to have an average first serve of 140 kmh and still only 60% and around 7 DFs, then it's a huge regression, even if we compare to her serving this year. If she is going to go for this wearker serve, she needs to get into Azarenka mode and serve at 90%. At Wimbledon and RG this year, Ana was serving average first serves of 160 kmh, and usually at the 180s kmh. That's a huge difference to now.. :help::tape:

jelenacg
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks to illusyve at GM
Arrived at the stadium 3-1 first set with Ana serving. Her toss is always off to the left, and the speed on the serve is pretty average (140-150km/h first serve, 120-ish km/h second serve), which is no longer considered her weapon. Magda was serving at 170-180km/h and with decent placement in the first set, so Ana's looked sad in comparison

After being broken in the second, I thought Ana would suffer another embarrassing first round exit, but she picked up her level and found her range on the forehand and began to hit winners. At one point, her shot was called out and she challenged and mouthed "please please" while waiting, which I thought was cute, and it was indeed in. She won two lucky netcords in the match (seems like her specialty), but it was pretty much cruising for her after regardless of a minor hiccup in the third.

Good comeback

:awww::awww:
Lucky net cords :lol:

spiritedenergy
Aug 19th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I just read it too.. I could see it was slower... but ugh.. 140 used to be Ana's average second serve. It's really weak for a first serve.. really weak. If she plays a good player she is going to get killed. I will not even mention the 120.. :help::tape: That was how Wozniacki was serving with an injured back at RG! :tape:

I think this "change the service motion" thing is another decision we can add to the "List of bad decisions made by Ana's team, volume 2008-2009".

I know they are looking for a solution.. something to get her serve together. But I can't see how serving puff balls is a good idea.. :o The problem was never the motion, it was always the ball toss. And if she is going to have an average first serve of 140 kmh and still only 60% and around 7 DFs, then it's a huge regression, even if we compare to her serving this year. If she is going to go for this wearker serve, she needs to get into Azarenka mode and serve at 90%. At Wimbledon and RG this year, Ana was serving average first serves of 160 kmh, and usually at the 180s kmh. That's a huge difference to now.. :help::tape:

I really wonder if there is a reason they are doing this... like maybe to straighten the ball toss before returning to the old service motion... Ana`s herself said it was a work in progress and her serve in RG and Wimbledon was better than this... fact is that serve let her down against Azarenka and Venus, so maybe they are trying to find something more reliable... I`m pretty sure she looks sad because she doesn`t like the new serve either...

InsideOut.
Aug 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
^Perhaps. But we really have no idea...we can only hope that it'll be for the best in the long run. :sobbing:

HowardH
Aug 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Magdalena's serve clearly seemed very big in comparison to Ana's new one. Unfortunately. I watched the last game on the stream and yes, her serve seemed pretty weak. But I'm feeling foolishly positive in this tournament, maybe Ana will go on a nice deep run.

InsideOut.
Aug 19th, 2009, 03:29 PM
So am I, in fact. I had the feeling she'd play Rybarikova first match in one of the USO series tournaments and she'd win it. :hearts: Just dreaming of course :sad:

That said...each time she beat Safarova she won the title :unsure: But of course she has to beat Safarova first, and that's probably not going to happen.

Davodus
Aug 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I still really hate this match :sobbing: I can't get over it :ras: