PDA

View Full Version : Did Europeans like Clinton?

ptkten
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Just a question...I was wondering whether this hatred of American policies in Europe just happened in the last couple of years beacuse of Bush or if it's been this way for a while

Josh
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Clinton was (still is) very popular over here.

E. Blackadder
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:56 PM
Clinton was very popular here, the total opposite of Bush... Most people in Europe (including me) can't stand Bush

irma
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:57 PM
I think he was not taken that serious because of his habits but he for sure was more popular and far less dangerous then mister poof poof!

ptkten
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Interesting, I'm happy that this is just a matter of policy instead of being anti-american.

kournikovafan13
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Rhythmboy
Clinton was very popular here, the total opposite of Bush... Most people in Europe (including me) can't stand Bush

Alot of Americans can't stand Bush either, including me ;)
Two years ago I just wanted Clinton to go away but now Bush has made me realise how good he was, despite the....well, you know incident.
Then again, I'm not really American (I'm European) so who knows :confused:

E. Blackadder
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:13 PM
lol

wongqks
Sep 15th, 2002, 05:18 AM
I like Clinton and China is sort of taken by Clinton as well

Halardfan
Sep 15th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Sadly, there will always be an element in Europe and the world who are anti-American by instinct, just as half an hour watching Fox News tell us that some Americans are anti-European.

However, Clinton was broadly better liked in Europe...simply becuase he was a better leader than GW will ever be, more willing to engage on issues rather than dictate policy from on high. GW is a fool. At best.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 15th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Clinton was much popular IMO as well
and especially loved by Sebastien Grosjean ;)

2ace2
Sep 15th, 2002, 09:20 AM
I liked Clinton a lot. A lot of people here in Europe did.

matthias
Sep 15th, 2002, 09:26 AM
i think clinton is and was more popular in germany then bush.

Dirty Sanchez
Sep 15th, 2002, 10:30 AM
Clinton was very popular over here and I personally liked him a lot.

Bush however is a very different story..........

vlado
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Well, he brought war, bombs and bloodbath to a certain part of Europe, remember? All I can say is that in Yugoslavia he's liked just as much as Hitler was in his days :fiery:

Also, it's funny how some people attack Bush because of the bombings in Afghanistan while at the same time defending Clinton who was far more aggressive and trigger-happy during his presidency with Yugoslavia, Iraq, Sudan, Afghanistan and Haiti being some of his war 'trophies' or should I say victims.

Bush seems to be a cozy teddy bear compared to that guy. Had it not been for the Sep.11 attacks I don't think Bush would have cared much about foreign policy. Remember, he was the one criticized by Clinton/Gore and other advocates of "humanitarian" interventions for being too isolationist. Now, of course that has changed to some extent, but he has some way to go to match Clinton's bloody record...

Jay
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Clinton was responsible for the war in Yugo?

was he also responsible for the 7/8 thousand people massacred in Srebrenca?

vlado
Sep 15th, 2002, 01:08 PM
First of all, Clinton did 'okay' the expulsion of 250,000 Serbs from the Krajina region in 1995 in which several thousands Serbs were killed or missing, while he at the same time launched an extensive bombing campaign against Serb targets in Bosnia and Krajina. The whole thing was a Clinton/US coordinated operation aimed at preparing a 'suitable' terrain situation before the Dayton peace talks would begin where he would be the host. But I wasn't really talking about the Bosnian/Croatian war when I mentioned his responsibility, although like you see he has a great deal of responsibility there as well, I meant the aggression against Yugoslavia in 1999. That's a VERY clear case of his responsibility. That looney Blair was of course vital for getting the support from the rest of the EU, but it was really Clinton's personal war and he would have done it with or without their support...

bliss
Sep 15th, 2002, 01:57 PM
more than bush (both) of course :eek: