PDA

View Full Version : US Open Series Part 2: Maybe a good Cincinnati?

Pages : [1] 2

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
So... I once vowed not to open anymore threads. But well.. not that it will make any difference.. :lol:

Good luck in Cincinnati Ana. I hope Jonny and DTL get to see you at least..

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Why did you vow not to open anymore threads:awww:

Ajdeing all the way to Cincy:rocker2:

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Why did you vow not to open anymore threads:awww:

Ajdeing all the way to Cincy:rocker2:

Because I opened the Madrid Thread, and we all know how that went.. Ana didn't even play.. :sobbing:

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
:hug:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, do well Ana, make the quarterfinals, surprise us, do something! :bounce:

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I wonder if we will get to actually see Ana play before the US Open. I think coverage of Cinci also starts from the QF.

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
That's a good question:unsure:

I'll be hunting Ana at the USO. Hopefully I get some good pics and vids to show you guys:lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
That's a good question:unsure:

I'll be hunting Ana at the USO. Hopefully I get some good pics and vids to show you guys:lol:

Thanks Myr! That would be great!

Also.. hopefully Ana will last more than a couple of rounds... :sobbing:

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Last year she lost the day before I went:(

I got tickets for the first two days this time just incase:spit:

:haha:

:sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Last year she lost the day before I went:(

I got tickets for the first two days this time just incase:spit:

:haha:

OH! The same thing happened with DTL. He has tickets for the 3rd round.. :sobbing:

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I really can't wait to see her:dance:

But first we must conquer Cincy:armed:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM
well at least we know she didnt peak too soon before the USO:weirdo: Ill do my best to post some pics from the first few matches and report how the matches went assuming i have internet in the hotel. Totally winging it on the hotel.:lol::scared: Im probably there just til Thursday by the way regardless if Ana advances further. I have to use my week vacation for this, but need to have a few days at home at the end of the week.

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:40 PM
I hope you have lots of fun Jonny:D

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I also hope you have lots of fun Jonny! At least you are going to watch the first few rounds, so you don't risk not seeing Ana. :help:

Cp6uja
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Good thing about (un)expected LA disaster is fact that Los Angeles is less important event during this summer US Open series for Ana:
LA 700K
Cinci 2M
Canada 2M

Also Ana even at her best always has problem to play two very good tournaments in the row... so her eventual good result in LA will be bad for her much more important Cincinnati result... and because she so often like to tanking event close to Grand Slam (Rogers Cup in this case) I'm sure that Cincinnati will be best indicator for us about real level of Ana game at the moment. I have big expectations about Ana there, and my expectation about Ana at US Open will be strongly connected with her Cinci result (not LA or Toronto!).

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Good thing about (un)expected LA disaster is fact that Los Angeles is less important event during this summer US Open series for Ana:
LA 700K
Cinci 2M
Canada 2M

Also Ana even at her best always has problem to play two very good tournaments in the row... so her eventual good result in LA will be bad for her much more important Cincinnati result... and because she so often like to tanking event close to Grand Slam (Rogers Cup in this case) I'm sure that Cincinnati will be best indicator for us about real level of Ana game at the moment. I have big expectations about Ana there, and my expectation about Ana at US Open will be strongly connected with her Cinci result (not LA or Toronto!).

Don't expect anything Cp6puja.

Ana has been a hot mess for over a year.. there is no reason to believe she can get a good result in Cinci. Especially with such a great field.

Curtos07
Aug 7th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I am really worried now. Not that I wasn't concerned before but I do think it's very important that Ana has at least one good tournament before the US Open. By good, I mean making it to at least the semi's although at this point, the quarter finals would be a great tournament for her. Don't know what to expect from her at Cincy. She has never played here before. Hopefully she will find some good luck here. She will probably draw Clijsters in the 2nd round. :sobbing:

SOA_MC
Aug 7th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Because I opened the Madrid Thread, and we all know how that went.. Ana didn't even play.. :sobbing:

It's not like anybody else is doing that much better :shrug:

I am probably the only one but I want a tricky draw for Ana, beating a few scrubs isn't going to help her now

HowardH
Aug 7th, 2009, 07:15 AM
It's not like anybody else is doing that much better :shrug:

I am probably the only one but I want a tricky draw for Ana, beating a few scrubs isn't going to help her now

I understand your feeling, if she has a tough opponent the pressure will be off her since she will not be expected to win so much. I myself am unsure whether I would prefer her to have an easy draw or not. Maybe she needs to run into JJ again? She sure seems to like playing JJ. Although, that would be tough on poor JJ.

Cp6uja
Aug 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM

Ana has been a hot mess for over a year.. there is no reason to believe she can get a good result in Cinci. Especially with such a great field.With all her obviously sh*ty performances Ana is still TOP15 player of this season :shrug:. Since Zurich/08 Ana lose 13 matches - 5 against former #1 players (Venusx2, Serena, Jankovic, Mauresmo), 5 vs TOP10 players (Zvonarevax2, Azarenka, Petrova, Radwanska) and this lose vs in-form TOP20 Stosur are just 3rd lose (Kleybanova, Szavay, Stosur + Mauresmo) in last 9 months vs lower ranked (but not so low) opponents, and Cincinati is destined to be Ana peak event this summer before USO. Of course I have great expectations. After tough draw and her set-lose vs King I don't have big expectations from LA and I already don't have great expectations from her at Toronto because she rare plays 100% seriously events just week-two before Grand Slams.

Cincinnati field is GS-like strong and that will be great test for our girl. Of course that she give us way more reasons to worry than to be optimistic, but things is not that black - actually we will see in Cinci what to expect of Ana this summer (including USO). LA is not so relevant.

Midge.
Aug 7th, 2009, 10:22 AM

I agree. Confidence boosting wins don't exactly come in the form of an Errani or Dushevina. Her game relies so much on confidence nowdays, it's single handedly what's bringing her down. The only way for her to come out the other side of this enormous, never ending black hole, is if she toughs it out all the way against a top player. It will take time, hell she only just made it out alive against lowly ranked Hradecka and King. It would be no doubt daunting, and will take a monster effort but Im positive when she gets the confidence back up, everything will fall into place. The serve will get quicker, the toss straighter, the forehand pinpointed, the mind clearer.

But im totally going to contradict myself here and hope she doesn't draw Kimmy in the first round, purely just to save the potential embarrasment that most likely could occur. :o

Adam's playing a tournament in Ohio isn't he? Might fill out that depressingly empty support box.

rasko
Aug 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Good thing is that new tournament is coming so soon. She needs more matches now. :bounce::drive:

soul
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:14 AM

Ana has been a hot mess for over a year.. there is no reason to believe she can get a good result in Cinci. Especially with such a great field.

I definetely agree with you Gaviator.I have just written the same thing one of the threads.

InsideOut.
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
:rolls: at Gaviator. gaviotabr + The Daviator = worriment x 2

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
:rolls: at Gaviator. gaviotabr + The Daviator = worriment x 2

I'm The Gaviator!

Tammmmm Tammm Tammmm

I'll save Ana from becoming the next punch bag of the tour! :lol:

http://mirrorparadox.iespana.es/flickr/gaviota-gallega.jpg

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I agree. Confidence boosting wins don't exactly come in the form of an Errani or Dushevina. Her game relies so much on confidence nowdays, it's single handedly what's bringing her down. The only way for her to come out the other side of this enormous, never ending black hole, is if she toughs it out all the way against a top player. It will take time, hell she only just made it out alive against lowly ranked Hradecka and King. It would be no doubt daunting, and will take a monster effort but Im positive when she gets the confidence back up, everything will fall into place. The serve will get quicker, the toss straighter, the forehand pinpointed, the mind clearer.

But im totally going to contradict myself here and hope she doesn't draw Kimmy in the first round, purely just to save the potential embarrasment that most likely could occur. :o

Adam's playing a tournament in Ohio isn't he? Might fill out that depressingly empty support box.

I think right now she needs wins, doesn't matter against whom. If she can get some wins together, she will have played more matches and got some rhythm. And I'm sure more confidence than losing her second match everytime. Then maybe she will be more prepared to face and beat a top player.

Adam is also sucking bad.. he is like last place in a tournament that he is playing right now. And he has another tournament next week, so no support box.

InsideOut.
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Ana is so helpless right now. Like this:

http://sunnyskeptic.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/baby-seal.jpg

VIKA?
Aug 7th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hopefully she gets a good draw and wins at least 2 matches:sobbing:

azdaja
Aug 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
all we can hope for now is nice pictures, i think :(

InsideOut.
Aug 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM
And nice fistpumps :(

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM
And nice fistpumps :(

If she is fistpumping, than everything is okay.. It's when she is not that I worry.. :lol::help::tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 03:08 PM
The draw will be made tomorrow at noon (local time).

Loungy
Aug 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I'd agree if she had posed any challenge to Stosur. But she didn't, Sam just brushed her off. And Sam may be playing well, but she's nowhere near the trickiest opponent a premiere 5 event can offer.

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'd agree if she had posed any challenge to Stosur. But she didn't, Sam just brushed her off. And Sam may be playing well, but she's nowhere near the trickiest opponent a premiere 5 event can offer.

Unfortunately, Ana is in no position to have big wins. She is not even getting good wins.. In order to get there, she needs the fire back and she needs to get used to winning again. It seems now that she is used to losing and content with the idea that with time things will come. So, right now, what she needs is easy draws a lots of wins. That will help her a whole lot more than losing every 1st or 2nd round to good opponents.

Curtos07
Aug 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM
At this point, I dont care about Ana's draw. I will just assume it will be another bad one. She has the talent to win, so if she is ever going to get back to the top again, she will have to beat someone good. If she can't, the honestly she just doesn't deserve to be a elite player in the sport. :( She has to prove herself all over again, just like she did a few years ago as a young up and comer. It's almost as if she has to set the reset button and work her way back up and prove to the tennis world and her opponents that she is worthy of being classified as a legitimate title contender again.

mure
Aug 7th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately, Ana is in no position to have big wins. She is not even getting good wins.. In order to get there, she needs the fire back and she needs to get used to winning again. It seems now that she is used to losing and content with the idea that with time things will come. So, right now, what she needs is easy draws a lots of wins. That will help her a whole lot more than losing every 1st or 2nd round to good opponents.

She had this type of draw you are talkin about at RG and it didn't help.Three easy opponents to built some momentum but when she faced a top opponent she got destroyed

gaviotabr
Aug 7th, 2009, 10:45 PM
She had this type of draw you are talkin about at RG and it didn't help.Three easy opponents to built some momentum but when she faced a top opponent she got destroyed

That's exactly what I'm talking about. She is in no position to have a win against a good opponent. The RG draw was easy only until the 4th round, and reaching that is not a good result for a player like Ana. I'm sure she was extremely disappointed, so those 3 wins didn't help. She needs to get a lot of wins and good results, make semis and finals. If she faces 2 scrubs in Cincinnati and then loses in the third round to a good player, it's not helping either. I agree with Matt Cronin when he wrote in his article that right now Ana needs to see the results of her work, and that is wins. It seems to me that she is extremely frustrated with traning hard and not getting anything back. So much that now she doesn't even want to practice. I still think she needs easy draws that help her to get far in tournaments and see results. It will help a lot more than losing straight away.

People are saying that she needs to get a tough draw and beat the good opponents. I just think she is not in that place yet.. maybe if she manages some match play and rhythm she can get there. And then yes, a big win will get her confidence back.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM
I expect absolutely nothing from Ana anymore:sad:

I haven't given up on her (and never will!), but it's just so freaking painful! One moment she plays good or even great and then the next moment she plays like shit! - And all of that within a single match:sobbing: I mean, she could be 6-0, 5-0 and 40*-0 up and I'd still be worried that she would find a way to lose the match:sobbing::help:

My only hope is that the longer she works with Sven and the rest of the Adidas program, she will eventually get her game back! I can't even start to imagine how low her confidence must be right now... It's such a vicious cycle she in right now. No confidence, no wins - no wins, no confidence...

I guess I'm still hoping for the miracle, though:lol: A cute little fairy will show up and - whoops - Ana wins and plays good while doing it:angel:

Protoss
Aug 8th, 2009, 12:47 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. She is in no position to have a win against a good opponent. The RG draw was easy only until the 4th round, and reaching that is not a good result for a player like Ana. I'm sure she was extremely disappointed, so those 3 wins didn't help. She needs to get a lot of wins and good results, make semis and finals. If she faces 2 scrubs in Cincinnati and then loses in the third round to a good player, it's not helping either. I agree with Matt Cronin when he wrote in his article that right now Ana needs to see the results of her work, and that is wins. It seems to me that she is extremely frustrated with traning hard and not getting anything back. So much that now she doesn't even want to practice. I still think she needs easy draws that help her to get far in tournaments and see results. It will help a lot more than losing straight away.

People are saying that she needs to get a tough draw and beat the good opponents. I just think she is not in that place yet.. maybe if she manages some match play and rhythm she can get there. And then yes, a big win will get her confidence back.
It's pretty rare to have a draw to a final without playing any good players except in international tournaments. The odds are somewhat better to get a semifinal but still there's likely a good player in the path to the semi.

Ana could play an international tournament this half of the year. I think that might be good for her. If Ana finishes the year outside the top 10, she'll be able to play more than 1 international tournament in each half of the season. I dunno if Ana would swallow her pride and actually do that though.

jelenacg
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:01 AM
I expect absolutely nothing from Ana anymore:sad:

I haven't given up on her (and never will!), but it's just so freaking painful! One moment she plays good or even great and then the next moment she plays like shit! - And all of that within a single match:sobbing: I mean, she could be 6-0, 5-0 and 40*-0 up and I'd still be worried that she would find a way to lose the match:sobbing::help:

My only hope is that the longer she works with Sven and the rest of the Adidas program, she will eventually get her game back! I can't even start to imagine how low her confidence must be right now... It's such a vicious cycle she in right now. No confidence, no wins - no wins, no confidence...

I guess I'm still hoping for the miracle, though:lol: A cute little fairy will show up and - whoops - Ana wins and plays good while doing it:angel:

:hug: I feel the same way :sad:
Her playing bad is lasting very long and to tell you do true i still have no idea how is she in top 20 :confused: and near top 10
I guess everybody is sucking atm :rolleyes: She has 4R in W and RG ,final of IW QF in Brisbane and 3R at AO what else :tape:
I`m must say i`m worried about those points from Linz and Zurich .I don`t see her defending them :tape::tape:
I saw little bit of Cirstea vs Radwanska match,Cristea was like a little Ana :lol:.Fistpumping ,attacking ,fighting :lol:Sven was also there

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:04 AM
It's pretty rare to have a draw to a final without playing any good players except in international tournaments. The odds are somewhat better to get a semifinal but still there's likely a good player in the path to the semi.

Ana could play an international tournament this half of the year. I think that might be good for her. If Ana finishes the year outside the top 10, she'll be able to play more than 1 international tournament in each half of the season. I dunno if Ana would swallow her pride and actually do that though.

I mean really in form players. But yes..

And Ana will probably finish the year outside of the top 10, but I don't think that will have any effect in her schedule. She has never really played small tournaments.

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:11 AM
:hug: I feel the same way :sad:
Her playing bad is lasting very long and to tell you do true i still have no idea how is she in top 20 :confused: and near top 10
I guess everybody is sucking atm :rolleyes: She has 4R in W and RG ,final of IW QF in Brisbane and 3R at AO what else :tape:
I`m must say i`m worried about those points from Linz and Zurich .I don`t see her defending them :tape::tape:
I saw little bit of Cirstea vs Radwanska match,Cristea was like a little Ana :lol:.Fistpumping ,attacking ,fighting :lol:Sven was also there

Fighting? Then she is not like Ana.. :rolleyes::tape:

I also don't see her defending her end of the year points. Who would have thought that? She has 550 from Linz, 250 from Zurich, 210 from YEC, and 140 from China Open. That's 1150 points to be defended in only 2 tournaments (Beijing and Tokyo), since she is far from the YEC, could only play Bali with a Wild Card and has no MM tournament scheduled. Beijing and Tokyo are worth 1800 points.. so she would have to do great in both to defend her points.. and that's looking less likely each day. She should be adding points now that she has nothing to defend.. but she is not, so.. Who would have thought that her second half of 2008 would actually have been good? :help::tape::lol::o

All other players that are close to Ana in the rankings have less to defend than her from now on..

jelenacg
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Fighting? Then she is not like Ana.. :rolleyes::tape:

I also don't see her defending her end of the year points. Who would have thought that? She has 550 from Linz, 250 from Zurich, 210 from YEC, and 140 from China Open. That's 1150 points to be defended in only 2 tournaments (Beijing and Tokyo), since she is far from the YEC, could only play Bali with a Wild Card and has no MM tournament scheduled. Beijing and Tokyo are worth 1800 points.. so she would have to do great in both to defend her points.. and that's looking less likely each day. She should be adding points now that she has nothing to defend.. but she is not, so.. Who would have thought that her second half of 2008 would actually have been good? :help::tape::lol::o

All other players that are close to Ana in the rankings have less to defend than her from now on..

:bigcry::bigcry: true :lol:
But she can also play some other tournament like last year ,not only Beijing and Tokyo

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:23 AM
:bigcry::bigcry: true :lol:
But she can also play some other tournament like last year ,not only Beijing and Tokyo

Actually, the off season is longer with the roadmap, so the YEC is the week of Linz last year, for an example. After Beijing, she will only have 2 weeks to play.. so she can add a MM tournament or Moscow.. that's about it.

jelenacg
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Actually, the off season is longer with the roadmap, so the YEC is the week of Linz last year, for an example. After Beijing, she will only have 2 weeks to play.. so she can add a MM tournament or Moscow.. that's about it.

One or two weeks longer?
I guess more time to prepare for next season :sad: I think she won`t win a title this year :bigcry:
Who would have thought after AO final and RG title last year that she will have such a horrible average year :sad:

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:36 AM
One or two weeks longer?
I guess more time to prepare for next season :sad: I think she won`t win a title this year :bigcry:
Who would have thought after AO final and RG title last year that she will have such a horrible average year :sad:

This is actually her worst year on tour, by far. And I'm beginning to accept the idea that she will go titleless.. also a new low. So many opportunities lost.. :sobbing:

I think the off season is one week longer if we count from the end of the YEC. But after that there is Bali and Fed Cup.

If she doesn't play after Beijing, then it's a 3 month off season. Will she be back a mess as well? Because that's one of the excuses.. rust and not enough matches... :rolleyes:

jelenacg
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:42 AM
This is actually her worst year on tour, by far. And I'm beginning to accept the idea that she will go titleless.. also a new low. So many opportunities lost.. :sobbing:

I think the off season is one week longer if we count from the end of the YEC. But after that there is Bali and Fed Cup.

If she doesn't play after Beijing, then it's a 3 month off season. Will she be back a mess as well? Because that's one of the excuses.. rust and not enough matches... :rolleyes:

:eek::eek:
She will play it`s too much time :eek: How will she play after off season?That only God knows :lol:
My only hope is that she won`t spend two months without a coach :tape:

Protoss
Aug 8th, 2009, 02:35 AM
Maybe she should play 2 warmup tournaments prior to the Australian Open next year.

Horizon
Aug 8th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Ana, please win something :sobbing:

Cinci would be a good place to start :D

hellas719
Aug 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
GL Ana!

Loungy
Aug 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Draw: http://www.cincytennis.com/en/ResultsAndSchedule/~/media/D11F421648F34AF6B149767896D8EF90.ashx

Decent draw. Qualifier 1st round. Alize, Caro, CSN and Wozniak in her 1/16. Lena D and Sori right bellow, same quarter.

SOA_MC
Aug 8th, 2009, 05:54 PM
(8)Wozniacki v BYE
Suarez Navarro v Wozniak
Cornet v Czink
Q v (11)Ivanovic

(16)Razzano v Groenefeld
(wc)Shaughnessy v Cirstea
Q v Schiavone
(4)Dementieva v BYE

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 8th, 2009, 05:55 PM
That's not looking bad.
R3 Wozniacki
QF Dementieva

Bartoli as 12th seed got Clijsters.

SOA_MC
Aug 8th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Probably the best draw Ana could have hoped for

She has a chance here

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:00 PM
No Williams and she got Wozniacki who didn't won a set against Ana so far.
She lost in 2nd round last week.

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Not a bad draw. If she puts some effort she can make the quarters. :)

Mixo
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Qualifier
Cornet
Wozniacki
and probably Dementieva

Time to get some confidence, Ana ;) AJDE in Cincinnati!!!!!

Balltossovic
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Ana vs QF :scared:

Loungy
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
It really doesn't get much better than this. I hope it motivates her. Unless Sori wins today, nobody on fire in that quarter.

If it comes to a match against Caro, I'll give up if she doesn't at least make it close.

Nikkiri
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Good draw for Ana to make the QF. Don't blow it plz.

Curtos07
Aug 8th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Not too easy, not too hard. I am satisfied with it. All I want is a quarter finals appearance and I will be "trilled" as I am sure Ana would be. :lol:

InsideOut.
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Terrible draw. Qualifier is possibly the worst first round opponent for Ana because she has a tendency to underestimate them and play like shit. If she gets through, she then gets Czink, who has a good serve (danger :help:), or Cornet, who could frustrate Ana into errors. Ugh.

VIKA?
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I am happy with the draw:) she can make the quarters:D beat Wozniacki please:bounce:

good luck Ana:D

Loungy
Aug 8th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I think she's in no position to underestimate Brie Whitehead, let alone someone who manages to qualify for a premiere, and I hope she knows this. (Hi, Vania King.)

If she doesn't, then dude. Hopeless.

Looking at the draw for the top 15 now, I don't see anyone I'd like to trade places with Ana.

_marial_
Aug 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I see her losing to Caro if she even makes the 3rd round :awww:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Caro will be tough, but she should get at least 2 wins here:)

Good luck Ana:D

gaviotabr
Aug 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I think it's a good draw. But Ana can lose to anyone so... If she shows up to play, and plays decent tennis she should reach the QF. Caro is not the type of player who can cause Ana that much trouble. But if she shows up like in LA, then she might as well lose in the first round..

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 8th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Mow these first 3 down, Ana. Ajde!

Monday, http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/38.gif?1212200640% chance of evening t-storms
Tuesday- http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/38.gif?1212200640% chance of scattered t-storms
Wednesday- http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/38.gif?1212200630% chance of isolated t-storms

For my ride home thursday, http://i.imwx.com/web/common/wxicons/45/30.gif?12122006 mostly sunny
:help:

Mixo
Aug 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM
:lol:

Good luck jonny. Hope the weather let you enjoy tennis in Cincy.

jelenacg
Aug 8th, 2009, 11:34 PM
If she reaches 3R and that is a big IF i don`t see her beating Caro
Caro`s game suits Ana but Caro also makes you hit many UE and since Ana needed 3 sets to beat King and her serve and head are :cuckoo: :silly: i just don`t see that happening :o:o
When will Ana play ,on tuesday again ?
And she has the easiest draw until QF ,but it doesn`t matter since she doesn`t know how to play tennis anymore

Anthony G
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I think it's a good draw for Ana, winning a couple of matches will boost her confidence !
She should get past the qualifier and then if she meets Cornet, well let's just say Cornet is having a terrible year as well and then there's Caro who's also playing pushy tennis, so who knows maybe Ana will actually make it to the QF .

InsideOut.
Aug 9th, 2009, 02:31 AM
How times have changed...18 months ago we would be fearing she wouldn't beat Jankovic and people would go all :spit: and :lol: at us...now all of us are afraid she won't beat Wozniacki :help::sad:

Balltossovic
Aug 9th, 2009, 03:32 AM
^^So true:awww: I miss my chubby Ana:bigcry:

SOA_MC
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM
When are the qualifiers placed in the draw?

gaviotabr
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:19 AM
When are the qualifiers placed in the draw?

I guess tonight, after the qualies are done.

Here is the list of posible opponents for Ana:

Pavlyuchenkova
Malek

Perry
Shvedova

Wickmayer
Kudryatseva

Garbin
K. Bondarenko

Lepchenko
Oudin

Govortsova
Peer

Voskoboeva
U. Radwanska

Morita
Craybas

Quite a strong qualies list. :unsure:

Cp6uja
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
When Ana is in preparation mode Draw is crucial thing for her result, but when she is in competition mode I don't think it's so important. So I don't care because QF/Dementieva is player with best h2h vs Ana and SF/Serena is worst match-up for Ana. I'm sure that in Cincinnati we will see what really to expect from Ana on 2009 fast hardcourts (unlike at LA and Toronto when she is in "preparation mode").

The 2nd Law
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
When Ana is in preparation mode Draw is crucial thing for her result, but when she is in competition mode I don't think it's so important. So I don't care because QF/Dementieva is player with best h2h vs Ana and SF/Serena is worst match-up for Ana. I'm sure that in Cincinnati we will see what really to expect from Ana on 2009 fast hardcourts (unlike at LA and Toronto when she is in "preparation mode").

You are ever the optimist :) I think it's a good way to be.
I just hope that sometime very soon Ana delivers on your optimism. We'll all be so happy if she does.

SOA_MC
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I guess tonight, after the qualies are done.

Here is the list of posible opponents for Ana:

Pavlyuchenkova
Malek

Perry
Shvedova

Wickmayer
Kudryatseva

Garbin
K. Bondarenko

Lepchenko
Oudin

Govortsova
Peer

Voskoboeva
U. Radwanska

Morita
Craybas

Quite a strong qualies list. :unsure:

As crappy as Ana has been she still should be able to beat all of them

Nikkiri
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Lets not forget Ana's qualifier curse :lol: ;)

дalex
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Ooops wrong thread. And forum! :rolls:

Nikkiri
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Are you in the wrong forum darling? ;)

дalex
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Are you in the wrong forum darling? ;)

Yes, I just saw "Cincinnati"...It was meant to be posted in GM. :haha:

Nikkiri
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I was thinking well aren't you cheeky :haha:

gaviotabr
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:33 PM

I hope you are right Cp6uja. Let's see if we have any reason to be positive once Ana plays her first match.

I don't think Serena is the worst match up for Ana. I think that's Venus. But I would already be happy with a QF.

дalex
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

This was fun. See ya around bbz.

Ana got a great draw. Jelena OTOH...Phew...

gaviotabr
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
As crappy as Ana has been she still should be able to beat all of them

Hopefully!

gaviotabr
Aug 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/kink.gif

This was fun. See ya around bbz.

Ana got a great draw. Jelena OTOH...Phew...

Yes.. JJ got a bit of a hard draw.. but hey, who knows?

See you Alex! :wavey:

jelenacg
Aug 9th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Ana really has a good draw like JJ at RG and Wimbledon but i`m pretty sure she won`t take advantage on that just like JJ didn`t :o:o
When will Ana play?

SOA_MC
Aug 9th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Ana really has a good draw like JJ at RG and Wimbledon but i`m pretty sure she won`t take advantage on that just like JJ didn`t :o:o
When will Ana play?

I'll guess tuesday since the last round of qualies is today

InsideOut.
Aug 9th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Why is Pavlyuchenkova in qualies? :o

jelenacg
Aug 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I'll guess tuesday since the last round of qualies is today

Ok thanks

spiritedenergy
Aug 9th, 2009, 04:11 PM
the draw seems good until the QF (Dementieva:o)... I hope she will make it that far... Stosur is on fire:eek:

jelenacg
Aug 9th, 2009, 05:09 PM
the draw seems good until the QF (Dementieva:o)... I hope she will make it that far... Stosur is on fire:eek:

Stosur never won a wta title :lol: :lol:

spiritedenergy
Aug 9th, 2009, 06:02 PM

hopefully Flavia will win:o It was a great chance to the title for Ana... will she ever win a title again? When?:o

jelenacg
Aug 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM
hopefully Flavia will win:o It was a great chance to the title for Ana... will she ever win a title again? When?:o

I like Flavia and her game :) but i also don`t have anything against Stosur even if she def Ana :o
No,she won`t :bigcry: maybe she can win some challenger :bounce::lol:

SOA_MC
Aug 9th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I think we should want Stosur to win because Flavia and Marion could still knock Ana down to the 13th seed for USO

If that happens it means Ana will have to play higher ranked players earlier

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Monday's afternoon session includes former champions Chakvatadze and Schnyder as well as Ivanovic, Azarenka and Wozniak.
http://twitter.com/CincyTennis

Ana is going to play on Monday:) Can't wait to follow her match via scoreboard:inlove:

:topic: Kim is also playing on monday! Is there really no way I can watch this!?:sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:25 PM
http://twitter.com/CincyTennis

Ana is going to play on Monday:) Can't wait to follow her match via scoreboard:inlove:

:topic: Kim is also playing on monday! Is there really no way I can watch this!?:sobbing:

:hearts::hearts::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I guess not and i also wanted to see that match

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cincy sucks already!:o Toronto is starting TV coverage on monday! I thought these tournaments were supposed to be equal!?:rolleyes:
Hell, even Eurosport extended their coverage of bloody Warsaw(!!!!) when it was announced that Maria would make her return there and Cincy can't???:weirdo:

Mixo
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM
When is ES starting the TV coverage, VirginMary?

jelenacg
Aug 9th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Cincy sucks already!:o Toronto is starting TV coverage on monday! I thought these tournaments were supposed to be equal!?:rolleyes:
Hell, even Eurosport extended their coverage of bloody Warsaw(!!!!) when it was announced that Maria would make her return there and Cincy can't???:weirdo:

Yeah right :fiery::fiery:
I remember watching Warsaw :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:07 PM
ES is starting thursday:o Just saw on the commercial break during the L.A final! There are like 50 people watching:spit:

Mixo
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Thank you!

Flavia!!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::hearts:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM

And that didn't change today:p

Ana has to play against Oudin!:help: I hope she can avenge JJ's loss:fiery::devil:

Nikkiri
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Oudin :o not really who I was hoping for.

SOA_MC
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Oudin is a player who gets alot of balls back, if I remember her Wimbledon match against Jankovic correctly

I hope Oudin defense against Jankovic was only her playing out of her skin for one match or else :scared:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Morita or Govortsova were qualifiers that would be better for Ana.
With Oudin it's hard to know. Ana shouldn't win this but that doesn't say anything these days.

SOA_MC
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:55 PM
OOP Monday

Center Court 11:00am

1. Kanepi v Azarenka

2. Dulko v Schnyder

3. Ivanovic v Oudin

Curtos07
Aug 9th, 2009, 10:59 PM
This has upset written all over this, if we can still call these upsets anymore. :o

DownTheLine21
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Damn. I liked her draw until I saw that she was paired with Oudin. PLEASE WIN, ANA!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/Top10.jpg

gaviotabr
Aug 9th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Morita or Govortsova were qualifiers that would be better for Ana.
With Oudin it's hard to know. Ana shouldn't win this but that doesn't say anything these days.

Sjoerd, you probably mean that Ana SHOULD win this. You wrote otherwise though.. :unsure:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I just arrived and saw this.. Oudin was probably the only player I did not want Ana to face.. pretty tough first match. But well.. let's see what happens..

Good Luck Ana!

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Ana been just one week this season out of TOP12, but that was week of Wimbledon draw, so like member of 13-16 seeds group she must to face with 1-4 seeds already in 4th round... and like we know, she draw 5-time champion Venus.

After Wimbledon seems that no danger that same draw scenario will happen again at USO draw because only way for that is if out of Radwanska, Pennetta and Bartoli trio, two of them should dominate at tournaments US Open series... but so far we have just that case with Flavia and Bartoli. But if Pennetta and Bartoli using life-form really overtake Ana - our girl still has great chances to stay in 9-12 seeds group for upcoming USO, because #10 Petrova defending 400pts before USO draw (Ana nothing). Despite Nadia's "bingo" draw in Cinci I still don't see from her enough good results there and in Canada to be better ranked than Ana after losing 2008 points... but after what happen with Pennetta and Bartoli which both reach career biggest titles to overtake Ana... we must be ready for worst scenario :p

My two cents about Ana draw in Cincinnati:
R64 & R32: Oudin and Cornet. If Ana is not ready to beat this two talented youngsters on tournament where she's seriously going to give her best ATM... that will be simple very bad indication of her current state, with small chances for some revolutionary improvement during US Open :shrug:

R16: Caroline Wozniacki is perfect opponent ATM for Ana to see where she is now with her game. One of elite WTA pushers will give Ana chance for sure to show what she is able now.

QF: Elena Dementieva. For me their h2h is just product of circumstances... but problem with this eventual quarterfinal is even more serious than bad h2h from past - fast hardcourts is surface where Dementieva is simple better player than Ana (even at her best). So they must to meat at Ana worst surface and Dementieva best (where she reach Olympic gold, USO final...etc).

SF: Serena Williams. It's really rare case that match result more depending on Ana opponent than Ana, but at this surface that will be case in QF (vs. Elena) and SF (Serena) :shrug: "Good News" is fact that in last about 12 months Serena really don't care so much about non-slam events, so why this Cincinnati should be exception? But if she plays seriously, it's not secret that she is best XXI century player, especially at hardcourts with 7 GS wins (including last two).

Final: vs... who cares? If she reach Cincinnati final after so many troubles in 2009 everething is possible in rest of season.

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Why is Pavlyuchenkova in qualies? :o

Because she waited too long to sign up for the tournament. So she could either play qualies or try to get a WC. She chose or could only do the first.

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Ana been just one week this season out of TOP12, but that was week of Wimbledon draw, so like member of 13-16 seeds group she must to face with 1-4 seeds already in 4th round... and like we know, she draw 5-time champion Venus.

After Wimbledon seems that no danger that same draw scenario will happen again at USO draw because only way for that is if out of Radwanska, Pennetta and Bartoli trio, two of them should dominate at tournaments US Open series... but so far we have just that case with Flavia and Bartoli. But if Pennetta and Bartoli using life-form really overtake Ana - our girl still has great chances to stay in 9-12 seeds group for upcoming USO, because #10 Petrova defending 400pts before USO draw (Ana nothing). Despite Nadia's "bingo" draw in Cinci I still don't see from her enough good results there and in Canada to be better ranked than Ana after losing 2008 points... but after what happen with Pennetta and Bartoli which both reach career biggest titles to overtake Ana... we must be ready for worst scenario :p

My two cents about Ana draw in Cincinnati:
R64 & R32: Oudin and Cornet. If Ana is not ready to beat this two talented youngsters on tournament where she's seriously going to give her best ATM... that will be simple very bad indication of her current state, with small chances for some revolutionary improvement during US Open :shrug:

R16: Caroline Wozniacki is perfect opponent ATM for Ana to see where she is now with her game. One of elite WTA pushers will give Ana chance for sure to show what she is able now.

QF: Elena Dementieva. For me their h2h is just product of circumstances... but problem with this eventual quarterfinal is even more serious than bad h2h from past - fast hardcourts is surface where Dementieva is simple better player than Ana (even at her best). So they must to meat at Ana worst surface and Dementieva best (where she reach Olympic gold, USO final...etc).

SF: Serena Williams. It's really rare case that match result more depending on Ana opponent than Ana, but at this surface that will be case in QF (vs. Elena) and SF (Serena) :shrug: "Good News" is fact that in last about 12 months Serena really don't care so much about non-slam events, so why this Cincinnati should be exception? But if she plays seriously, it's not secret that she is best XXI century player, especially at hardcourts with 7 GS wins (including last two).

Final: vs... who cares? If she reach Cincinnati final after so many troubles in 2009 everething is possible in rest of season.

I think we should only think about the first round. Ana will have to play decent tennis to win.. I'm much more worried about Oudin than Cornet. :help:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:37 AM
This has upset written all over this, if we can still call these upsets anymore. :o

:rolls::rolls:
:o
I guess goodbye Cincinnati :wavey:
And Ana was worried she will play 3 weeks in a row :lol: Ana you will have plenty of time to rest now

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:39 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/Top10.jpg

So.. There is a serious risk that Ana will not be top 12 for the US Open.. :tape:

I can't believe I would end up considering the second half of 2008 some good few months. She had 120 points to defend at the US Open series.. just about nothing.. and she might not even defend them.. :help:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
:rolls::rolls:
:o
I guess goodbye Cincinnati :wavey:
And Ana was worried she will play 3 weeks in a row :lol: Ana you will have planty of time to rest now

Yes.. she will have plenty of time to read inspirational books at Borders.. :rolleyes:

Play 3 weeks in a row mean play 3 matches in 3 weeks.. :o

And I'm sure she got her 2 days off after losing in LA, and only practiced today.. right? :tape:

But you know? Maybe if she loses all her matches until the end of the year she will finally wake up... ugh.. :mad:

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Yes.. she will have plenty of time to read inspirational books at Borders.. :rolleyes:

And I'm sure she got her 2 days off after losing in LA, and only practiced today.. right? :tape:

But you know? Maybe if she loses all her matches until the end of the year she will finally wake up... ugh.. :mad:

She hasn't even played yet :tape: maybe hold off untill if she losses

I never thought you would go like this on Ana :o:p

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:51 AM
She hasn't even played yet :tape: maybe hold off untill if she losses

I never thought you would go like this on Ana :o:p

Ok.. I'll wait then.. And I really really hope she wins..

I'm just very disappointed with her attitude lately.

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:53 AM

:worship::worship:
Well of course :lol: 2 days off and without practicing is just what she needs right now :yeah:
And we thought she had a bad second part of the season last year.I`m almost sure she will manage to make it even better this year :hearts::hearts:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:02 AM
:worship::worship:
Well of course :lol: 2 days off and without practicing is just what she needs right now :yeah:
And we thought she had a bad second part of the season last year.I`m almost sure she will manage to make it even better this year :hearts::hearts:

Ana :worship: She wants to have a full year to gain points in 2010.. :worship:

:help::tape::help::tape::help::tape::help::tape:

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Ok.. I'll wait then.. And I really really hope she wins..

I'm just very disappointed with her attitude lately.

Maybe you need to take a break like the one I took recently :lol:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Ana :worship: She wants to have a full year to gain points in 2010.. :worship:

:help::tape::help::tape::help::tape::help::tape:

So that is the plan :worship::worship::worship:
And i thought she has no idea what she is doing :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Maybe you need to take a break like the one I took recently :lol:

Most probably.. :lol:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I would like to add that Oudine is also Adidas player so no Sven and she is also American so i guess crowd will be on her side :lol::lol:
Good thing is that i wouuld probably be able to fallow this match staring at scoreboard but i`m not sure i want to :o:o

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:29 AM
I would like to add that Oudine is also Adidas player so no Sven and she is also American so i guess crowd will be on her side :lol::lol:
Good thing is that i wouuld probably be able to fallow this match staring at scoreboard but i`m not sure i want to :o:o

I'm not sure I'll be able to follow it. I have a class at 4 pm here, which is 3 pm in Cincinnati. I should be home around 4:30 pm (local time). Ana's match is the third, but matches start at 11 am. I think Ana's match might start at 2 pm at the earliest, around 5/6 pm at the latest.

So, right around the time of my class. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure I'll be able to follow it. I have a class at 4 pm here, which is 3 pm in Cincinnati. I should be home around 4:30 pm (local time). Ana's match is the third, but matches start at 11 am. I think Ana's match might start at 2 pm at the earliest, around 5/6 pm at the latest.

So, right around the time of my class. :sobbing:

You have classes in the summer :eek:
Maybe it`s a good thing you wan`t stare at scoreboard ,you`ll spare yourself from pain :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:37 AM
You have classes in the summer :eek:
Maybe it`s a good thing you wan`t stare at scoreboard ,you`ll spare yourself from pain :lol::lol:

I'm a lot more nervous when I can't follow it. :sobbing:

Jelena.. you have to remember that I'm in the southern hemisfere. We have winter here now.. :lol:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I'm a lot more nervous when I can't follow it. :sobbing:

Jelena.. you have to remember that I'm in the southern hemisfere. We have winter here now.. :lol:

Winter :lol::lol:
I`m sorry i totally forgot :o
I think not watching Ana`s matches (until she allows real Ana to show up) is good for my health :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Winter :lol::lol:
I`m sorry i totally forgot :o
I think not watching Ana`s matches (until she allows real Ana to show up) is good for my health :lol::lol:

I wonder if we will even get a chance to actually watch her play before the US Open. :o

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:57 AM
I wonder if we will even get a chance to actually watch her play before the US Open. :o

To tell you the true i don`t know :sad: I`m joking and everything about Oudine but i don`t want her to lose and it doesn`t look very promising :tape:
I mean how much can she improve in few days :unsure:

InsideOut.
Aug 10th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Oudin :scared:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 02:09 AM
To tell you the true i don`t know :sad: I`m joking and everything about Oudine but i don`t want her to lose and it doesn`t look very promising :tape:
I mean how much can she improve in few days :unsure:

Yes.. I'm not optimistic at all.. but I really hope she manages some wins.

The thing about improving is that her attitude sucks. She is thinking about getting days off.. and practicing only once a day, when her game is falling apart and she most needs to work. I actually don't think she practiced much at all since losing in LA, and if she did she was probably alone. I've read in twitter that Ana arrived in Cincinnati yesterday while according to facebook Sven only arrived today. I think Cahill has ESPN duties somewhere, so I don't think he is with Ana. So how can she improve at all? Only if she finds some fire within. And I'm not sure she has any right now..

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Oudin :scared:

Oudine will get a lot of confidence def Serbian sisters :rolleyes:

Yes.. I'm not optimistic at all.. but I really hope she manages some wins.

The thing about improving is that her attitude sucks. She is thinking about getting days off.. and practicing only once a day, when her game is falling apart and she most needs to work. I actually don't think she practiced much at all since losing in LA, and if she did she was probably alone. I've read in twitter that Ana arrived in Cincinnati yesterday while according to facebook Sven only arrived today. I think Cahill has ESPN duties somewhere, so I don't think he is with Ana. So how can she improve at all? Only if she finds some fire within. And I'm not sure she has any right now..

She could practice with Sven in LA but i guess that is too much to ask for :rolleyes:

Davodus
Aug 10th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I'm not all that concerned about Oudin, she is up and coming but doesn't have the type of game that really beats Ana (although it seems anyone can do it these days :o)
Ana should win :shrug:

But I've learnt to be surprised about nothing when it comes to Ana

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Sjoerd, you probably mean that Ana SHOULD win this. You wrote otherwise though.. :unsure:

:lol: Damn, I'm so used to losing that I automatic wrote that.
I meant of course SHOULD.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 10th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Oudin, you rock, but I have to cheer for Ana, so c'mon Ana in 3! BTW, is anybody going to this match?

I wish I was there, there's going to be so many ajdes and c'mons LOL.

Nikkiri
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Ana will win.

InsideOut.
Aug 10th, 2009, 12:22 PM
^Oudin will win. Ana will lose. :o

Mixo
Aug 10th, 2009, 02:29 PM
If Ana loses to Oudin. Ana wins the USO. It's a fact.

Balltossovic
Aug 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
She plays when:unsure:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Ana is warming up for her match right now..

http://mypict.me/show.php?id=juGg

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 03:15 PM
She plays when:unsure:

Last match (3rd) of the day session on Centre Court, with the first one starting now (11 am local time).

Balltossovic
Aug 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Cool. Thanks Izzy :)

InsideOut.
Aug 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
We must be optimistic. There's only five scheduled tournaments this season; so we only have to endure 5 more losses. :hug:

:tape:

spiritedenergy
Aug 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
We must be optimistic. There's only five scheduled tournaments this season; so we only have to endure 5 more losses. :hug:

:tape:

Cincinnati, Toronto, US Open, Bejing and?

I hope she'll add more, she added a lot during last year's fall...

InsideOut.
Aug 10th, 2009, 04:50 PM
And Tokyo.

She probably can play Moscow too as she isn't playing YEC.

The Daviator
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Before this draw I thought she could make the SFs, now I'm sure Oudin will win 76 63 :o

Balltossovic
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Don't say that:sobbing:

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
And Tokyo.

She probably can play Moscow too as she isn't playing YEC.

Is Moscow on at the same time as YEC?

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Is Moscow on at the same time as YEC?

Moscow is the week before the YEC.

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Before this draw I thought she could make the SFs, now I'm sure Oudin will win 76 63 :o

Ana, don't do that to us!

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm sick of dominating atmosphere on this subforum. Yes, Ana is in big slump whole season... it's not secret for sure.

But still she lose just one opening match at all her 12 events (including FED CUP) this season. So she is not that bad at all (we acting like she lose 11, not just 1 out of all 12 first '09 matches) and also who is the hell Melanie "GOAT" Oudin for such overreactions???

Stevecw
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Of course we should be worried for this match, Oudin is a tough opponent to get.

But Ana really should be capable of winning this. As usual its impossible to know what we are going to get from Ana.

But i have a good feeling about this one, and that she will have a comfortable win for a change :)

C'mon Ana! :bigclap:

Mixo
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I'm sick of dominating atmosphere on this subforum. Yes, Ana is in big slump whole season... it's not secret for sure.

But still she lose just one opening match at all her 12 events (including FED CUP) this season. So she is not that bad at all (we acting like she lose 11, not just 1 out of all 12 first '09 matches) and also who is the hell Melanie "GOAT" Oudin for such overreactions???

This is what I think. Ana is gonna rock da house today, be sure. :lol:

PS:
:worship: Fistpumpovic avatar. That girl is lovely, I wonder who she is :D

soul
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I think we should think positive and send positive energies to her.It is for sure that Ana has been having a bad season maybe it is now the time to turn around the things for Ana.At least I want to hope in this way.

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Of course we should be worried for this match, Oudin is a tough opponent to get.

But Ana really should be capable of winning this. As usual its impossible to know what we are going to get from Ana.

Here is all Ana's 2009 openers:
Kvitova 2-0
Georges 2-0
Sugiyama 2-0
Kleybanova 2-0
Yakimova 2-0
Korytseva 2-0
Medina 2-1
Schiavone 2-0
Errani 2-0
Petrova 1-2
Hradecka 2-1
King 2-1

Here is all 2009 Melanie "GOAT" Oudin openers (MD, without ITF):
Amanmuradova 0-2
Dulko 0-2
Craybas 2-1
Safarova 0-2
Hantuchova 1-2
Savchuk 2-0
Ondraskova 0-2
Bammer 2-1
Barte 2-0
Hantuchova 1-2

Of course that lose is always possible, but possibility for win in today match is about 80% (reading posts from this thread it's not even clear who is favorite today :p)... so why panic?

spiritedenergy
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Here is all Ana's 2009 openers:
Kvitova 2-0
Georges 2-0
Sugiyama 2-0
Kleybanova 2-0
Yakimova 2-0
Korytseva 2-0
Medina 2-1
Schiavone 2-0
Errani 2-0
Petrova 1-2
Hradecka 2-1
King 2-1

Here is all 2009 Melanie "GOAT" Oudin openers (MD, without ITF):
Amanmuradova 0-2
Dulko 0-2
Craybas 2-1
Safarova 0-2
Hantuchova 1-2
Savchuk 2-0
Ondraskova 0-2
Bammer 2-1
Barte 2-0
Hantuchova 1-2

Of course that lose is always possible, but possibility for win in today match is about 80% (reading posts from this thread it's not even clear who is favorite today :p)... so why panic?

I'm not panicking for this match, but if she wins she'll lose in 2nd or 3r round or when she faces a top 30 player, it's always the same:o

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm not panicking for this match, but if she wins she'll lose in 2nd or 3r round or when she faces a top 30 player, it's always the same:o8 out of last 13 Ana loses is vs TOP10 opponents, so it's not that bad. We have big reasons to worry against Wozniacki, Dementieva, Serena... but why panic already vs Oudin or Czink level players?

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Some of the Russian players fans on this board are going to pissed off with that schedule in a few months :lol:

Cp6uja
Aug 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Ana lose 1st set 6-2 in just 33 minutes. If she lose this match it will be Ana's career low moment since Bammer/Shvedova double loss in march of 2007 :shrug:. Last summer in that Paszek/Coin nightmares she is injured.

Ana lead *2-0 in 2nd and we will see what will happen :tape:.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Argh match suspended, just when Ana was doing well... :fiery:

"When the sun shine we'll shine together,
Told you I'd still be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath imma stick it out 'till the end
And now it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella"

:p:bounce::p:bounce::p:bounce::p:bounce:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ksenia.
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Really? I think it used to be earlier right? :scratch:

DownTheLine21
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:12 PM
I hope Ana keeps focused. She CANNOT lose this match.

Ksenia.
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I hope Ana keeps focused. She CANNOT lose this match.

Let's keep our fingers crossed she won't prove you wrong :scared:

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Really? I think it used to be earlier right? :scratch:

Apparently the YEC has been moved up a few weeks on the schedule

Ksenia.
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Apparently the YEC has been moved up a few weeks on the schedule
Ah I see :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM
The match is still suspended:mad:

What sucks the most is that we don't have anyone who could tell us anything about when play will be resumed - if it will continue at all:o

I think I'm going crazy!:sobbing:

Balltossovic
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
She won:D

Balltossovic
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
See Izzy you brought Ana some luck:hug:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
She won? Damn I missed it!

Curtos07
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
She played poorly in the 1st set but finished off well with two straight breadsticks. Hopefully that will give her a confidence boost going forward! :)

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:50 PM
The stats
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm170/MeSuhsie/AnaCincy.png

8 Aces / 9 double faults
less than 50% first serves
but: 76% won on 1st serve
and 51% won on 2nd serve

The Daviator
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM

Phew, now I think she'll make the SFs :angel:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Phew :unsure:
Like we didn`t have enough drama already with her being 4-1 up :help: ,we had to have rain delay :help::help:
Well since i didn`t see the match :rolleyes: i can only say it`s a good thing she is winning three setters again :lol::lol:
She had 8 DF ,how many in first set? I guess the ball toss was erratic

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Like we didn`t have enough drama already with her being 4-1 up :help: ,we had to have rain delay :help::help:
Well since i didn`t see the match :rolleyes: i can only say it`s a good thing she is winning three setters again :lol::lol:

Ana had 6 doubles in the 1st set, 2 in the 2nd in 1 in the 3rd, so I guess she was improving:)
She also served 3 Aces in the 1st set and 5 in the 2nd:)

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM

6 DF's and 3 Aces at 46% serving in the first set

spiritedenergy
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
so actually in the last 2 sets she had 5 aces and 2 Dfs... not too bad... the first set tough, what was that?:help::tape:

Now Czink, i guess she's a ballbasher like Hradecka:unsure:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:13 PM
See Izzy you brought Ana some luck:hug:

OMG! Phew! I'm so relieved! :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:14 PM
6 DF in first set :help::help:
@spiritedenergy you were on fire :lol:
I already know the plot, Oding is going to take a bathroom break and Ana will start "reflecting" about her game
Break her now Freud
:haha::haha: :worship:
Czink is a flat hard hitter? :bigcry: i guess more drama :tape:

DownTheLine21
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Ok. That's a relief. I'm confident that Ana will win her next match. I don't want to jinx it, but I should finally see her in person.

spiritedenergy
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
6 DF in first set :help::help:
@spiritedenergy you were on fire :lol:
I already know the plot, Oding is going to take a bathroom break and Ana will start "reflecting" about her game
Break her now Freud
:haha::haha: :worship:
Czink is a flat hard hitter? :bigcry: i guess more drama :tape:

thanks Jelena:lol::kiss:

I was so disgusted by Ana in the first set, really pathetic, what was she doing out there?

I read in GM that Czink is in a hot streak and playing the tennis of her life... here we go again:rolleyes:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM
thanks Jelena:lol::kiss:

I was so disgusted by Ana in the first set, really pathetic, what was she doing out there?

I read in GM that Czink is in a hot streak and playing the tennis of her life... here we go again:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
Tell me something new,we already know everybody plays great against Ana :rolleyes:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Ok. That's a relief. I'm confident that Ana will win her next match. I don't want to jinx it, but I should finally see her in person.

Just do it, DTL. Impossible is nothing. Ana should be glad of your presence. :p

Curtos07
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM

Ana just can't catch a break. If she plays like she did in the 2nd and 3rd set, Ana should win.

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Okay.. I'll read everything now.. I was out since *1-3 0-30 in the first set. I was pissed with Ana, and had to go to class. Only arrived about 30 minutes ago.. right in time to see that she won.

The first set must have been totally awful. But I hope she can draw some confidence from turning the match around and winning the last 2 sets with good scorelines. And at least she seem to be regaining her ability to win 3 setters, which is something I consider very important.

The serve stats are kind of bad.. and weird. Maybe she is really working on her serve, getting her serve motion right.. and maybe it's getting her some aces, but still not entirely natural, which leads to DFs. Or maybe she was just nervous at the beginning.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM

I'm so happy for you! I hope you can really see her.. and see her win! :hug:

SOA_MC
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Look at how wet the court got from only a few minutes of rain :eek:

http://i25.tinypic.com/29ygo5j.jpg

Aaric
Aug 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM
OMG she won :D
Now Melinda :scared:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:00 PM

So wet! :eek:

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:09 PM
So.. I guess with the rain, Ana will play her 2nd round on wednesday. Not sure though..

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:13 PM
So.. I guess with the rain, Ana will play her 2nd round on wednesday. Not sure though..

Yes.. I just saw the tuesday OOP, and Ana isn't in it. Wednesday it is!

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:23 PM
:wavey: just got back from the match and into a hotel.:D:D Luckily, my laptop didnt fry in the car.
The first set was just awful, but i thought she did a real nice job making adjustments from then on.
It didnt look good from the very first service game. If i remember correctly, she got broken to love, but Oudin didnt earn a single one of the points. Forehand long, 2 df's, then nets a forehand. Didnt get much better throughout the set. Most of Ana's errors were coming off the forehand and they were seriously long, like 5 feet or more.
On return, she had chances to break in the 1st, but just couldnt win an ad point. Throughout the set(and rest of the match) Oudin kept serving to Ana's forehand in the ad court, and almost every time Ana would net the return.
Oudin didnt really earn a 6-2 first set, imo. It was all about Ana's mistakes. Melanie was okay, but she was getting gift after gift from Ana.

Second set, Ana hits 3 aces in a row to start the set, and the fourth serve actually went by Oudin for a swing and a miss, but it was a fault. Easy hold. It was only in Oudins first service game of the second set that Ana came forward on one of her forehands:hearts: I could tell the older lady in front of me watches a lot of Ivanovic matches, because it was the first time she clapped all match after i saw her shaking her head throughout the first set.:lol:
From then on, i thought Ana did a good job cutting out the errors, but still was hitting with good pace. Thats all it really took, because Oudin started giving Ana the errors for the rest of the match. I copied down the stats from the oncourt scoreboard , there were not a lot of winners in the match
Ana- 14 winners, 31 UE's
M.O- 10 winners, 30 Ue's
Third set, Ana was cruising like in the 2nd, then the sirens started going off across the highway at 'Kings Island' amusement park, i guess to make people get out of the water. Ana was cruising and Oudin had just called her coach oncourt at 1-4 in the third when the delay came. I thought it could be bad timing, but after play resumed, it was pretty easy.
Ana won the match on a challenge. She stopped the point on a ball off the baseline, and i thought for sure it was in, but hawkeye showed it out and it ended like that.:lol:
Ana's serves were topping out about 110 mph. Most of her aces were wide in the deuce court. She was on fire with that serve all match. Ball toss was really bad again. Overall, i think she was okay, once she started cutting down the UE's, she started racking up games. Cant wait for the next one
Got a bunch of pics, should have some up in an hour or so.:)

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:26 PM

http://i25.tinypic.com/29ygo5j.jpg

Wow so wet :eek:
So Wednesday it is :)
Did Johny went to see Ana`s match today,i can`t remember ?
EDIT i guess you did :lol::lol:

spiritedenergy
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:31 PM
:wavey: just got back from the match and into a hotel.:D:D Luckily, my laptop didnt fry in the car.
The first set was just awful, but i thought she did a real nice job making adjustments from then on.
It didnt look good from the very first service game. If i remember correctly, she got broken to love, but Oudin didnt earn a single one of the points. Forehand long, 2 df's, then nets a forehand. Didnt get much better throughout the set. Most of Ana's errors were coming off the forehand and they were seriously long, like 5 feet or more.
On return, she had chances to break in the 1st, but just couldnt win an ad point. Throughout the set(and rest of the match) Oudin kept serving to Ana's forehand in the ad court, and almost every time Ana would net the return.
Oudin didnt really earn a 6-2 first set, imo. It was all about Ana's mistakes. Melanie was okay, but she was getting gift after gift from Ana.

Second set, Ana hits 3 aces in a row to start the set, and the fourth serve actually went by Oudin for a swing and a miss, but it was a fault. Easy hold. It was only in Oudins first service game of the second set that Ana came forward on one of her forehands:hearts: I could tell the older lady in front of me watches a lot of Ivanovic matches, because it was the first time she clapped all match after i saw her shaking her head throughout the first set.:lol:
From then on, i thought Ana did a good job cutting out the errors, but still was hitting with good pace. Thats all it really took, because Oudin started giving Ana the errors for the rest of the match. I copied down the stats from the oncourt scoreboard , there were not a lot of winners in the match
Ana- 14 winners, 31 UE's
M.O- 10 winners, 30 Ue's
Third set, Ana was cruising like in the 2nd, then the sirens started going off across the highway at 'Kings Island' amusement park, i guess to make people get out of the water. Ana was cruising and Oudin had just called her coach oncourt at 1-4 in the third when the delay came. I thought it could be bad timing, but after play resumed, it was pretty easy.
Ana won the match on a challenge. She stopped the point on a ball off the baseline, and i thought for sure it was in, but hawkeye showed it out and it ended like that.:lol:
Ana's serves were topping out about 110 mph. Most of her aces were wide in the deuce court. She was on fire with that serve all match. Ball toss was really bad again. Overall, i think she was okay, once she started cutting down the UE's, she started racking up games. Cant wait for the next one

thanks Jonny, glad you enjoyed it:D

The ball toss again:o please stop it Ana, just toss it straight for damn sake, it's not a hot potato, it's a ball:rolleyes:

jelenacg
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Great report thanks :worship::worship:
So she didn`t play pusher tennis ,she was going for her shots and missing them :scratch:
Was that the first time you saw Ana play llve ?
Who was in her box,were there any ajdes,come on`s fist pumps :lol:?

gaviotabr
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM

Ana- 14 winners, 31 UE's
M.O- 10 winners, 30 Ue's

Thanks for the match report Jonny! :worship: I'm glad you had fun! :)

The stats are really bad.. hopefully most of those UEs were in the first set. :o Ana needs more consistency of shot and a lot of work in her serve.. I won't even comment about the toss..:o

Hopefully the next match is better from Ana!

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Who was in her box,were there any ajdes,come on`s fist pumps :lol:?

There werent many ajde's, she did a loud one in one of the points in the final break of the match on a fairly long point that Oudin ended up making an UE. It was still raining a little then, and i think Ana was determined to get the match over with before any more rain delays came.
Dragana had a seat right next to where the players come in and out, and she was sitting alone. I got a pic of her then, and also before Azarenka's match, Ana and Dulko warmed up together and Dragana was there for that too. Sven was with Ana in warmups.
During the raindelay, i went into the bathroom and got some papertowels to go wipe up my seat from the rain, and when i came out i almost ran right into Sven.:eek::eek:
That was the coolest thing all day, its a small place, and i didnt realize the players are out and about around the grounds so much. I had Daniela Hantuchova walking straight toward me early in the day, saw Caroline Wozniacki getting in an elevator about 10 feet from me, Sven walked by when i came out of the bathroom, and when i was walking back to my car i saw Dragana behind the practice courts talking on a cellphone. Im too shy to say anything, but its cool to see everyone so close.:hearts:

jelenacg
Aug 11th, 2009, 12:01 AM
There werent many ajde's, she did a loud one in one of the points in the final break of the match on a fairly long point that Oudin ended up making an UE. It was still raining a little then, and i think Ana was determined to get the match over with before any more rain delays came.
Dragana had a seat right next to where the players come in and out, and she was sitting alone. I got a pic of her then, and also before Azarenka's match, Ana and Dulko warmed up together and Dragana was there for that too. Sven was with Ana in warmups.
During the raindelay, i went into the bathroom and got some papertowels to go wipe up my seat from the rain, and when i came out i almost ran right into Sven.:eek::eek:
That was the coolest thing all day, its a small place, and i didnt realize the players are out and about around the grounds so much. I had Daniela Hantuchova walking straight toward me early in the day, saw Caroline Wozniacki getting in an elevator about 10 feet from me, Sven walked by when i came out of the bathroom, and when i was walking back to my car i saw Dragana behind the practice courts talking on a cellphone. Im too shy to say anything, but its cool to see everyone so close.:hearts:

Ana and Dulko warmed up together :eek: I didn`t expect that since they are both ex Fernando`s girlfriends :lol:
You run into Sven :cool:
Good to here that Sven is around her and hopefully he will fix that ball toss :o
She is still without witness coach i guess

Davodus
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:04 AM
wow, she won :eek: I was shocked to wake for that! and so easy after the first set

thanks for the report Johnny :yeah:

hellas719
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Ana :woohoo:
Keep winning now :banana:

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:46 AM
A match report from a non-fan at GM:

I saw this match from end of first set through the time play was stopped due to lightning in the third (then followed by heavy rains).

End of first set what I saw (last game I guess) Ana was making lots of UEs and I was pretty surprised both about the errors and that she had lost the first set.

Next set Ana completely turned the tide, really stepped up the pressure on Melanie and Melanie couldn't deal with it any more. Balls just coming too hard and the errors were reduced. End of first set/early in second set Ana was very frustrated with herself, could see it in her face after every miss (and there were a lot). As she started to get well ahead, the "Ajde"s came, and she relaxed.

Melanie called her coach to her chair twice during that time I watched.

Coach is in the stands by me, he often says softly to her "Come On Melanie You Can Do It" (but no "coaching" as in tactics, so I approved ;) ), and she would say "I'm Trying" but she meant I am trying but Ana is too damn good right now I can't make anything happen.

Melanie did have a big wrap on her thigh but no signs of movement trouble at all. She is much smaller than Ana - shorter and lacking the long legs.

Seeing Ana up close, she is regal and elegant and beautiful, and her new Adidas dress with the white ruffles must make many think of her wearing lingerie.

I talked to two little boys (maybe 10 years old) next to me, asked who they wanted to win and they said Ana. I said why Ana, and they said don't know. I said she is very tall and elegant, isn't she? Also we had one challenge (by Ana) in the match, and it was on a line call right in front of us (called out), and the boys and I all knew the ball was in. :p

As I said, during the third set (the score may have been 4-1 Ana) the weather changed rapidly and dark clouds came over. I knew heavy rain would come immediately, got up at the changeover, Melanie called her coach, and then play was suspended. Everybody in the entire tournament (just about) made a mad dash to the parking lots and their cars. HEAVY rain and strong lightning/thunder came for at least 30 minutes.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:57 AM
not everybody made a dash to the parking lots;) i didnt go all the way to Cincy to go to a hotel. But yeah, a lot of people left. They did a good job getting the court ready, but it must have been at least 2 hours or more.
I really hope it doesnt rain the next two days, rain delays really suck:(
Btw, if there are Azarenka fans here, i watched her entire match. I didnt see the final winner/UE stats, but it was winner after winner from both her and Kanepi. Kanepi was really good, but Azarenka took it well, and played great. There were some great points in that match.
I kind of came and went from the Dulko/Schnyder match, roaming around checking stuff out. Saw most of the first set, then the last part of the match. After Azarenka and Schnyder won , they had on court interviews, but no interview with Ana. Schnyder signed some balls and hit them into the stands, and she hit one clear out of the stadium:lol:

jelenacg
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:00 AM
She can be frustrate all she wants as long as she wins those matches
Older lady,two little boys :lol: and they say only men look Ana`s matches :o

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:05 AM
not everybody made a dash to the parking lots;) i didnt go all the way to Cincy to go to a hotel. But yeah, a lot of people left. They did a good job getting the court ready, but it must have been at least 2 hours or more.
I really hope it doesnt rain the next two days, rain delays really suck:(
Btw, if there are Azarenka fans here, i watched her entire match. I didnt see the final winner/UE stats, but it was winner after winner from both her and Kanepi. Kanepi was really good, but Azarenka took it well, and played great. There were some great points in that match.
I kind of came and went from the Dulko/Schnyder match, roaming around checking stuff out. Saw most of the first set, then the last part of the match. After Azarenka and Schnyder won , they had on court interviews, but no interview with Ana. Schnyder signed some balls and hit them into the stands, and she hit one clear out of the stadium:lol:

Hopefully it won't rain anymore. :hug:

Maybe there wasn't an interview with Ana because of the weather? The matches in outer courts didn't even start play again when Ana's match restarted. And shortly after she won, it was announced rain again. Just a guess..

So.. Ana will play again on Wednesday.. hopefully it will be a better match, and she will play well since the beginning. Are you still going to be at the tournament Jonny? I remember you said you were not going to go until the end..

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Hopefully it won't rain anymore. :hug:

Maybe there wasn't an interview with Ana because of the weather? The matches in outer courts didn't even start play again when Ana's match restarted. And shortly after she won, it was announced rain again. Just a guess..

So.. Ana will play again on Wednesday.. hopefully it will be a better match, and she will play well since the beginning. Are you still going to be at the tournament Jonny? I remember you said you were not going to go until the end..

i didnt know that they suspended the others. When Ana finished off the last 2 games, they announced that was the end of the day session, i didnt even go look, just figured they were done too. It was still raining a little at the end so youre probably right about the interview.

Im going tomorrow and Wednesday, yes, then will have to see about finances thursday.:lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:16 AM
i didnt know that they suspended the others. When Ana finished off the last 2 games, they announced that was the end of the day session, i didnt even go look, just figured they were done too. It was still raining a little at the end so youre probably right about the interview.

Im going tomorrow and Wednesday, yes, then will have to see about finances thursday.:lol:

The Vesnina/Chakvetadze match was interrupted at the same time of Ana's match, from what I've seen. And it didn't start again until a couple of hours after Ana's match finished. It seems play on outer courts was not resumed.

Great that you are still going to go on Wednesday! Hopefully Ana can win.. and you can have some extra cash for thursday! :lol:

InsideOut.
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Phew thank god she won! :D Glad I didn't follow it, would have died after the first set and at 4-1 in the third. :sobbing:

Jonny I wanna sponsor your Ana-scouting activities! :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I found this in another forum:

I was at this match today, and Ana still has terrible yips on her serve toss. She double-faulted the first set away (though Oudin was playing solidly) and many times had to catch the toss and hit the next toss even if it was poor. Overall, Ana just didn't look happy on court.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14950&page=6

Jonny, what do you think about it? I want to see Ana happy on court.. :sobbing: But I guess it's difficult when things aren't working like in the first set.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Jonny I wanna sponsor your Ana-scouting activities! :lol:

PM me, and ill tell you where to wire me the money:lol: j/k:p

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I found this in another forum:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14950&page=6

Jonny, what do you think about it? I want to see Ana happy on court.. :sobbing: But I guess it's difficult when things aren't working like in the first set.

well, she really played poorly in that set, so she should be unhappy. I didnt see any frustration, when she went and sat down after the set i thought she looked calm. Then she came out firing aces, so maybe it was a little frustration.

About the df's, i remember during AO when they said just let the bad ones drop i made fun of that. But she never lets two in a row drop. I guess shes embarrassed to do that. It probably would have saved a few of the Df's if shed just let one more drop.

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:44 AM
well, she really played poorly in that set, so she should be unhappy. I didnt see any frustration, when she went and sat down after the set i thought she looked calm. Then she came out firing aces, so maybe it was a little frustration.

About the df's, i remember during AO when they said just let the bad ones drop i made fun of that. But she never lets two in a row drop. I guess shes embarrassed to do that. It probably would have saved a few of the Df's if shed just let one more drop.

Thanks Jonny.

And true about the DFs. She gets embarrassed to let drop more than 1 toss. I remember the match against Kleybanova at AO, with Ana serving at 5-3 up in the first, and BP against. Second serve and she had an awful toss. She tossed the ball again, and it was a lot worse than the first toss. She still tried to hit it, but obviously couldn't. Double faulted and got broken. I guess she still gets embarrassed and just avoids letting drop a second toss in a row.

Balltossovic
Aug 11th, 2009, 02:47 AM
OMG! Phew! I'm so relieved! :sobbing:
Me to! I was going to lose all hope if she lost this. Our girl's still fighting:bigclap:

HowardH
Aug 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Good win over Oudin, I thought she would win but she made things tough on herself. I think this is a good draw until the QF for Ana, she can take Czink and then Caro (well she has a 3-0 record on her, but then she is playing worse than before), but Dementieva... is not so good to draw.

Cp6uja
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Some unranked Wilde Card :rolleyes: beat Marion Bartoli in 1st round, so chances that Ana will stay in 9-12 seeds group for USO draw even with average Cinci/Toronto results is again over 75%. Actually, right now Ana is back to TOP10 :D

Did anybody notice that Ana played three-setter in less than 1h30min!? That means points are extremely short even for Ana standards (together with Stosur match Ana played last 5 sets less than 30 minutes in average). It simple means that she use first opportunity to finish every point, but if she don't play well she looks like UE's machine and player of ITF level. That is happen in that 1st set yesterday when young Oudin beat Ana so easy and fast 6-2 (actually Ana beat herself). BTW both time she was broken in 1st set Ana start her game service with 0-40 and 2 DF's, so I'm more "impressed" with her 6DF in 1st set and overall 45% 1st serve in percentage, than with her 8 aces and over 75% winning percentage on 1st serve.

Ana must control better her emotions and be able to regroup from "bad mode" way more faster. Against Vania King in middle of match she lose 10 of 16 games, against Stosur after 3-3 won just 2 games till end (out of 11) and yesterday have 2-6 opening set in just 30 minutes. Life-form Czink is right now better and way more experienced player than King or Oudin, so if during tomorrow match Ana again shows some long period of awful plays she will be in big danger! Otherwise she is ready to meat girl from Polish diaspora (Wozniacki or Wozniak) to finally reach 1st Quarterfinal since Indian Wells :tape:.

nestor_bgd
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:30 AM
^^ I think it is not wise to look so far ahead, but the prospect of Ana and Dementieva playing for the 5th time seems so alluring.

but Dementieva... is not so good to draw.
If this match gets played, both woman will be fighting to kill. Dementieva has so many debts to pay to Ana. I say bring it on. :drool:

Good luck against Czink Ana. ;)

Stevecw
Aug 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Lets just focus on Czink for now!! One thing we should all know by now is never to look beyond the next round when Ana is involved! :)

Nice win yesterday after such a poor 1st set. Hope the other 2 sets give her confidence to push on and do the same to Czink.

Best of luck Ana :bigclap:

Pops Maellard
Aug 11th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Keep going Ana. :D

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Ana practicing in Cinci right now:

http://twitpic.com/dibli/full

spiritedenergy
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Ana practicing in Cinci right now:

http://twitpic.com/dibli/full

who's posting this Izzy?

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM
who's posting this Izzy?

Hi Luca! :wavey:

It's on twitter.. from someone at the tournament:

http://twitter.com/kjsulliv/statuses/3247190575

spiritedenergy
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Hi Luca! :wavey:

It's on twitter.. from someone at the tournament:

http://twitter.com/kjsulliv/statuses/3247190575

hey:wavey:

Twitter is becoming so invasive:tape::lol::help:

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
hey:wavey:

Twitter is becoming so invasive:tape::lol::help:

True.. :lol:

But it's a good source for live info. :lol:

spiritedenergy
Aug 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
True.. :lol:

But it's a good source for live info. :lol:

yes:angel:

Now we'll know exactly how much Ana is practising and if she is saying the truth:lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
yes:angel:

Now we'll know exactly how much Ana is practising and if she is saying the truth:lol:

:lol:

At least she didn't decide she wanted a day off today.. :lol::tape:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Safina was up 2-0 against Vinci.
Now lost 8 games in a row! 2-6 0-2.
Of course she wins games again from now on since I posted this :tape:

spiritedenergy
Aug 11th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Safina was up 2-0 against Vinci.
Now lost 8 games in a row! 2-6 0-2.
Of course she wins games again from now on since I posted this :tape:

from 0-3 to 3-3...

Roberta is choking:o

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:03 PM
2-6 3-5, of course Safina will win this. :(

spiritedenergy
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:11 PM
2-6 3-5, of course Safina will win this. :(

5-5 0-40 to 40-40:o

Petrova is losing:drool:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Vinci was 6-2 3-0 up, double break.
Then 3-3, 5-3 and deuce on Safina's serve. 2 points away.
Served for it at 5-4.
At 5-5 she had 0-40. Till then she won 6/6 of BP's. This game she wasted 4 of them.

Now it's 7-5 Safina.

DAMN!! For weeks I already say that Safina wins with her poor play. Again and again. She isn't playing good at all. She gets away with it cause of the chokers.
It was so nice Venus crushed her at Wimbledon, but still she gets lucky again now.

soul
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Vinci was 6-2 3-0 up, double break.
Then 3-3, 5-3 and deuce on Safina's serve. 2 points away.
Served for it at 5-4.
At 5-5 she had 0-40. Till then she won 6/6 of BP's. This game she wasted 4 of them.

Now it's 7-5 Safina.

DAMN!! For weeks I already say that Safina wins with her poor play. Again and again. She isn't playing good at all. She gets away with it cause of the chokers.
It was so nice Venus crushed her at Wimbledon, but still she gets lucky again now.

I agree, she really has the LUCK!

SOA_MC
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Petrova lost so Ana is back into the top 10 for now

What does Pennetta have to do in Cincinnatti to past Ana in the rankings?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:43 PM
QF to get equal.

SOA_MC
Aug 11th, 2009, 07:48 PM
QF to get equal.

Thanks.

Ana is in the box seat, it is hers to lose

jelenacg
Aug 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Safina won ,I don`t think it`s just luck she is just good to turn over the match against a weak opponent when she is losing
She won many matches in that way and i have to admire that even if i don`t like her game
Petrova losing is always a good thing ,i didn`t know she was a defending champion here

Cp6uja
Aug 11th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Bartoli lose. Petrova lose. Pennetta (Venus) and Radwanska (Serena) will face Williams sisters in 3rd Round. So probably even with tomorrows upset against Czink Ana will back to TOP10 next monday and stay in 9-12 seeds group for US Open draw after Toronto :drool:

Ana is currently #15 in YEC Race, but with good results in 2nd half of season (actually 3rd 1/3 of season) she has chances to overtake any of 7-14 ranked girls Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Bartoli(R1 lose), Stosur(not play), Pennetta, Razzano(R1 lose), A.Radwanska and Jankovic. Race is so close right now so if Ana wins title in Cinci she will move from #15 to #9 already next week :p , but even with very good results with Zvonareva and Wozniacki will be problems till end. So eventual 3rd round match against direct opponent Wozniacki will be so important for Ana to still stay's with some chances for Doha 2009.

Mixo
Aug 11th, 2009, 09:32 PM
We know a win in Cincy is almost impossible, but I think Bartoli, Stosur, Pennetta, Razzano, JJ and Aga are easily "overtakables" by Ana. If Ana really wants she can finish 8th/9th in the YEC race.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 11th, 2009, 10:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/CelebZ/Top10-3.jpg

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 11:22 PM
So.. Ana has a pretty good chance to get back to the top 10. Hopefully she will win some more matches in Cincinnati to justify it.

gaviotabr
Aug 11th, 2009, 11:55 PM
The OOP for tomorrow is out. Ana will play the third match of the day session at the Grandstand. Idemo! :armed:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6219/oopp.png

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 12th, 2009, 12:50 AM
thank goodness there is no OOP conflict with Ana and someone else:angel:, looks like ill be on grandstand court all day.
Ajde Ana!:armed:

gaviotabr
Aug 12th, 2009, 12:54 AM
thank goodness there is no OOP conflict with Ana and someone else:angel:, looks like ill be on grandstand court all day.
Ajde Ana!:armed:

Hey Jonny! :wavey:

How were things today?

I hope you can enjoy both Ana's and Vera's matches tomorrow! :)

InsideOut.
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:01 AM
If I were you, Jonny, I would want to watch Kim, but that's just me :angel:

IDEMO! :armed:

spiritedenergy
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM

agreed... you could skip Wozniacki-Wozniak and go to the other court for a while:zzz:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Hey Jonny! :wavey:

How were things today?

I hope you can enjoy both Ana's and Vera's matches tomorrow! :)

Great! I watched Peng/Cibulkova in its entirety, a little bit of Kirilenko/Shvedova and a little Szavay/Radwanska before catching the first set of Alona/Petrova. Then i watched Dushevina/MartinezSanchez in its entirety. It was the best match of the day imo, but Dushevina was getting really pissed, slamming her rackets, upset with the ball kids, then before the rain delay she wanted the ump to suspend the match, but he couldnt until he got the radio orders. I was sitting right next to Dushevina's mom.:D There was hardly anyone on that court. It was a good match though.

Also, at the Kirilenko match, JJ's coach sat right in front of me, doing some scouting for JJ's match
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5388/dsc00235awv.jpg

You can see he had that notebook hes always writing in sitting next to him, and i wanted to take a closeup photo of it, to see what the notes were about, but i didnt.:lol:

Id like to see Kim, but then id be distracted too much running off during changeovers to see where Caro's match is going, so i dont miss Ana. Ill settle for Caroline though.:)
Btw, that court was graveyard court today.
Alona defeat Petrova, Peng defeat Cibulkova.:scared: Didnt see any of Cirstea, but it was tight two sets with Shaughnessy:scared:

Stevecw
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:24 AM
^ Snakey guy!!! Love to see Makiri stuff JJ next time!!!

Btw Ana best of luck v Czink, u will win this one :) !!!

Sink Czink please :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Great! I watched Peng/Cibulkova in its entirety, a little bit of Kirilenko/Shvedova and a little Szavay/Radwanska before catching the first set of Alona/Petrova. Then i watched Dushevina/MartinezSanchez in its entirety. It was the best match of the day imo, but Dushevina was getting really pissed, slamming her rackets, upset with the ball kids, then before the rain delay she wanted the ump to suspend the match, but he couldnt until he got the radio orders. I was sitting right next to Dushevina's mom.:D There was hardly anyone on that court. It was a good match though.

Also, at the Kirilenko match, JJ's coach sat right in front of me, doing some scouting for JJ's match

You can see he had that notebook hes always writing in sitting next to him, and i wanted to take a closeup photo of it, to see what the notes were about, but i didnt.:lol:

Id like to see Kim, but then id be distracted too much running off during changeovers to see where Caro's match is going, so i dont miss Ana. Ill settle for Caroline though.:)
Btw, that court was graveyard court today.
Alona defeat Petrova, Peng defeat Cibulkova.:scared: Didnt see any of Cirstea, but it was tight two sets with Shaughnessy:scared:

Great that you had fun!

I hope the Grandstand behaves completely different tomorrow.. :unsure::scared::sobbing::help::tape:

Hopefully Ana starts out strong and keeps it up until the end! Ajde! :armed: