PDA

View Full Version : Who is going??

kai.
Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
I will go Monday and Tuesday,
will be my first time in a WTA tournament ever, (Just because i got the tickets for free XD either way i woundt go)
so..
if someone went already to the HDC to watch this tournament,
how are the practice courts? Ans from where do i get in?

i was before at the HDC, and if are the training courts and the second courts the one than are near the athletic fail that would be horrible because there is a fence and is not good for watch tennis and either take pictures..

well if anybody replays is because no one is going XD

sandv1
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
I forget the name of the street, but you pass Del Amo and you pass University (which are the cross streets which X Games viewers go to park.) Use the main entrance for ALL matches of the WTA tourney.

Parking will likely change once the main draw starts. Today was stupid. I got about 3 or 4 different answers and explanations as to how parking was to be. I flatly told someone at lot 15 that they need to coordinate their efforts so that the staff aren't caught off-guard again!

Once the main draw starts (when you are going), parking should be back around behind the main facility almost exactly opposite to where the practice courts are. (Be prepared to walk over 10 minutes just to go from parking to get into the upper terrace/concourse. Plus, there will be _loads of people_, and that WILL slow you down in getting where you need to walk.) Likewise, ALWAYS take a bathroom (and food) break between matches because the staff security are _very_ strict about the odd # game rule. You can't move from or to your seat unless the 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc. game of a set has completed. If you are up on the concourse picking up food and game 8 or whatever has started, then you WILL be held up at the top of the arena for two whole games until those next games are completed!

The practice court area will continue to be used for match play until the field is down to a size that can be accommodated by just the main facility. You MUST get your hand stamped to go in and out of the main facility, and there are other restrictions as well. Likewise, you should check the website FAQs for what security generally limits or allows throughout the tourney. Search through latennischamps.com (search for FAQ or event info.)

There are chairs set up around the perimeter of all the courts which are used for scored play. There are more than enough chairs. You are right up aginst the court in those situations so you can take fantastic pictures. Those courts only have fences along the sides back behind the players, so you can pretty easily get to either side of the court i.e. on either side of the net.

kai.
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:58 AM
Thanks a lot :)...
XD i will be lost for sure on monday, thank u again!!

Sexysova
Aug 3rd, 2009, 03:02 AM
pls go to watch Nicole and take some photos and maybe some reports ;)