PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Kremlin Cup dates.

Keegan
Jul 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Why on earth have they scheduled a Premier tournament right before the WTA Championships?
Russian players will most likely commit to this tournament, which means if they qualify Zvonareva, Dementieva, Kuznetsova and Safina would like to play there. What's the point if they have to be in Doha not only the next day, but back on outdoor courts? I know that the Roadmap is messed up as it is, but this is a pretty big mistake.

What're your thoughts?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 26th, 2009, 06:39 AM
My thought is that the WTA is treating the biggest force on women's tennis very bad

This tournament should be a Premier 5 at least

adner
Jul 26th, 2009, 07:10 AM
My thought is that the WTA is treating the biggest force on women's tennis very bad

This tournament should be a Premier 5 at least

Yeah, let's have 5th Grand Slam a week before YEC! :bounce:

sakya23
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I don't think it should be upgraded. Just because russia has a lot of players in the top hundred. The off season had to be longer, so this is just something that had to happened. or you can move moscow into february?

iGOAT
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:04 PM
IMO Dubai should go to this time and Moscow, Linz, and Luxembourg should be after Paris.

adner
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:35 PM
IMO Dubai should go to this time and Moscow, Linz, and Luxembourg should be after Paris.

I think they should replace Beijing with Moscow and put Paris where Moscow is now. They have destroyed European indoors season, leaving some not interesting parts of season alone.

sakya23
Aug 21st, 2009, 09:34 PM
maybe beijing is offering more money and better facilities than Moscow?
It should be
February Paris- Moscow- Linz
And downgrade Dubai and place before Australian Open.

Daszmarelli
Aug 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
:o Russia deserves a great event, like IW or Miami.

adner
Aug 29th, 2009, 10:33 PM
:o Russia deserves a great event, like IW or Miami.

WTA should sing "We don't wanna put in!" :angel:

DiscoStick
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:18 PM
WTA should sing "We don't wanna put in!" :angel:

That's terrible but :rolls:

DiscoStick
Aug 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM
They should definitely put Zurich back in so something like Paris [Indoors]-Moscow-Zurich

Elisse
Aug 30th, 2009, 02:06 AM
That part of the calendar is a total mess...as well as Moscow, over on the ITF events...$100k Ortsei and $100k Poitiers is also the same week. Why on earth ITF put two $100k tournaments the same week as Moscow is beyond me too :help: (Last year they were a week after eachother)

sammy01
Aug 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM
the WTA needs to decide on a time for an indoor season, either feb or oct. then have paris/luxembourg followed by moscow then linz as a 3 week run of indoor tournaments. it would probably be best in feb and dubai moving to 2 weeks before the YEC and have it sort of labeled as the 'last big chance to gain big points before YEC'

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 31st, 2009, 02:14 AM
I read somewhere that Safina and Kuznetsova are not going to play this year :eek:

Is this true ?

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 31st, 2009, 02:48 AM
last week before YEC champs was always gonna be :o
Moscow should be one week earlier
only top 10 player entered so far is Jankovic

its probably cos if you withdraw from here you would get a ZERO Pointer for 52 weeks

FULL list out on 2nd week of USO.

players committed so far

Jankovic, Pennetta, Vesnina, Schiavone, Kleybanova

as it stands 24th and last direct in would be Goerges

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Aug 31st, 2009, 03:02 AM
Sure , but the russian players prefer to win Moscow over the YEC

Im surprised most of them are not commited yet

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 31st, 2009, 03:05 AM
Sure , but the russian players prefer to win Moscow over the YEC

Im surprised most of them are not commited yet

its probably due to fact that WTA calendar is out soon for next yr (should be before full list is out for here) and they trying to make sure it dont happen again for 2010
so Moscow date change looks a good bet IMO.

In The Zone
Aug 31st, 2009, 03:57 AM
Why not have Moscow the week after Paris Indoors? It just seems no matter what, with Tokyo/Beijing in the Fall, Moscow will be screwed either way.

Doha/Dubai can be the last week of February.

RS232
Aug 31st, 2009, 07:29 AM
hello

Chakvetadze ?
please
thanks

sakya23
Sep 1st, 2009, 02:10 AM
Replace Dubai with Moscow, then we have two weeks of indoor tourneys back to back. In a sense, Moscow would replace 2008 tier 1 doha.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Zvonareva is on prelim list for Qualies, might have done that after she lost in USO (as are others who would have gotten in before hand)
MD list should be out very soon.

Oudin on list for Q....... interesting Visa application ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Full list out

Jankovic, Zvonareva, Azarenka & Pennetta from top 10
7 from top 20

list down to #55 Shvedova
1st 3 alts ...............Kirilenko, Govortsova & Chakvetadze

alot worse than in previous yrs :(
indoor season is dead

last 2 yrs or so, last in list been around 30 mark.

adner
Sep 8th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Radwanska?

Daszmarelli
Sep 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Who's from top 20?
Thanks, I hope Anna get a WC

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Radwanska?
yes

Linnie
Sep 8th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Amélie?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Who's from top 20?
Thanks, I hope Anna get a WC
also Petrova & Domi

Amélie?
no

Linnie
Sep 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks.

Surprised Amélie's not entered, as she's played here practically every year.

HOS
Sep 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
i find this list shocking only so far as I would have thought all the russians would have supported the event. Defo thought Elena D and Dinara wouild be here, and also am surprized Sveta isn;t here.
None of these players have to be anywhere other than Beijing with roadmap....but screw the roadmap, more than anything it is there home event....

Daszmarelli
Sep 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks. Other russians please

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2009, 11:39 PM
i find this list shocking only so far as I would have thought all the russians would have supported the event. Defo thought Elena D and Dinara wouild be here, and also am surprized Sveta isn;t here.
None of these players have to be anywhere other than Beijing with roadmap....but screw the roadmap, more than anything it is there home event....

they can get in with WC's
entering now and missing means a Zero Pointer
getting a WC just before event is a safe option, just before Doha.

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 8th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks. Other russians please

they are all here.
only ones not are Safina, Dementieva Kuznetsova and Sharapova

Extremaduratenis
Sep 9th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Spanish here? Thanks in advance

HOS
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Thanks TBE- yeah, I know they can have WC's- just thought they would defo be here but you are right- an option for them

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 9th, 2009, 05:37 AM
All the russian top players should have entered here

The YEC is a meaningless tournament after all , much important is your home tournament

Stadia
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Lisicki? Chinese? :)

Ballbasher
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I'm really surprised Dementieva won't play :eek:
I expected Kuznetsova & Sharapova not to play, Sveta has never done well & Maria has never played here regularly.

belzebub
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Clijsters Wickmayer?

ED fan forever
Sep 9th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I am going to write Lena an angry letter if she does not accept a wildcard into this tournament.
I would rather see her finishing up the year with a title in Moscow than earning hundreds of thousands of dollars at an over-rated, poorly attended, flip-all atmosphere tournament in Doha.
I reckon Jelena is entered just because she will need as many points as possible to qualify for Doha. Had she not won Cincinatti I'd say she'd have no chance but I've a feeling she'll grab the final spot just in the nick of time.
But yeah.....ELENA ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT!

ED fan forever
Sep 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Clijsters Wickmayer?

I think Clijsters is gonna play in Luxembourg which is on the same week (don't get me started on this-Lena can't defend her title there from last year on top of not playing Moscow:fiery:). Kim won the Luxembourg tournament many times before so its obv one of her faveourites so I don't think we'll see her in Moscow.

qwertyed
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
We should stop with this 'Elena must play this and must play there'
Do you think it has been an easy decision for her?
Tennis is her job. I think she (and all players) deserves more respect.

TBE, thanks for your informations always very accurate.

Nadie
Sep 9th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Schiavone?
Benesova?
Safarova?
Sevastova?
Szavay?

thanks in advance :wavey:

DiscoStick
Sep 9th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Is Hantuchova here? Or Luxembourg?

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 9th, 2009, 07:26 PM
We should stop with this 'Elena must play this and must play there'
Do you think it has been an easy decision for her?
Tennis is her job. I think she (and all players) deserves more respect.

Russian fans of Dementieva deserve more respect

Is Elena a qatari citizen ? , NO . Her priority should be Moscow

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Spanish here? Thanks in advance
MJMS
Lisicki? Chinese? :)
no
Clijsters Wickmayer?

no
Schiavone?
Benesova?
Safarova?
Sevastova?
Szavay?

thanks in advance :wavey:
Safarova & Szavay
Is Hantuchova here? Or Luxembourg?
in LUX

I am going to write Lena an angry letter if she does not accept a wildcard into this tournament.
I would rather see her finishing up the year with a title in Moscow than earning hundreds of thousands of dollars at an over-rated, poorly attended, flip-all atmosphere tournament in Doha.
I reckon Jelena is entered just because she will need as many points as possible to qualify for Doha. Had she not won Cincinatti I'd say she'd have no chance but I've a feeling she'll grab the final spot just in the nick of time.

go write a letter to WTA :fiery:
Moscow should be in early October, not some stupid tourns in Asia, or YEC moved back one week.

qwertyed
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Russian fans of Dementieva deserve more respect

Is Elena a qatari citizen ? , NO . Her priority should be Moscow

This is not the right place for this kind of discussion,
for you Moscow is more important than the YEC? This is why you are here saying sillines.

Elena has always respected her fans. It's time some of so called fans respects Elena.

however if you want keep this discussion, you know the link of the forum. we can talk there.

ED fan forever
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I'm actually not that put out by it it's just I was going to see Lena play in 3 tournaments pre-YEC and now I'll only get to see her in 2. Still, as long as she puts in good performances in Tokyo and Beijing I'll be happy.
I'm very excited about Beijing. This year Lena has won an International, Premier and Premier 5 tournament. I just know she's gonna secure the whole set and grab the Premier Mandatory title in Beijing. She's gonna have such happy memories being back in that stadium:worship:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 10th, 2009, 05:51 AM
This is not the right place for this kind of discussion,
for you Moscow is more important than the YEC? This is why you are here saying sillines.

Elena has always respected her fans. It's time some of so called fans respects Elena.

however if you want keep this discussion, you know the link of the forum. we can talk there.

The YEC is an artificial tournament for me. And yes , Moscow is more important since is the only tennis tournament held in Russia

If Elena doesnt play Moscow , I will root for her rivals in the YEC

Agata.
Sep 10th, 2009, 01:13 PM
MD entry list:

http://images.kremlincup.ru:10001/data/kremlincup/2009/09/09/0000012800/file10.pdf

(from the tournament's website www.kremlincup.ru)

DiscoStick
Sep 11th, 2009, 04:27 PM
in LUX

Thanks

iGOAT
Sep 11th, 2009, 04:44 PM
The YEC is an artificial tournament for me. And yes , Moscow is more important since is the only tennis tournament held in Russia

If Elena doesnt play Moscow , I will root for her rivals in the YEC
:tape: I think Lena knows what she is doing more than you :o if you root for her opponents you're the worst fan ever.

ED fan forever
Sep 11th, 2009, 04:52 PM
How could anyone root for anyone bar Elena in any tournament she's entered? madness.
The one good thing about Doha is that Lena plays so much better on outdoors hardcourts than indoors. But this is the only good thing about the Doha tournament in my eyes.
The entry list for Moscow isn't that bad-they still have 4 top 10 players and I'm sure one or two more will enter closer to the tournament start-date.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Sep 11th, 2009, 07:29 PM
:tape: I think Lena knows what she is doing more than you :o if you root for her opponents you're the worst fan ever.

She could learn a lesson losing her 3 matches in Doha and never again, she will skip Moscow in the future , tournament which I want more for her cos it is more significative for a russian player than the artificial meaningless shit of Doha

KV
Sep 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Is Kremlin Cup on Carpet this year?

Changed to Hard

-NAJ-
Sep 24th, 2009, 08:23 PM

i think that points from this event would not count for place in Doha.

faboozadoo15
Oct 1st, 2009, 06:56 AM
Gosh, why wouldn't Sharapova play here? She's got no YEC. Is she playing Bali?

wtatourfan
Oct 12th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Bartoli not playing here? She could earn the las spot in Doha...