PDA

View Full Version : Should we replace unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" name immediately?

Cp6uja
Jul 25th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I think we should... and changing current name before choosing some replacement means back to default Name Surname temporary option ("Ana Ivanovic" in this case).

Reason why I insisting on this question is fact that about Year after we first time voted in summer of 2008 here against current name - we is still forced to have this "Beauty and her Beasts" subforum name (which obviously not to suits to Ana Ivanovic tennis star anymore). Latest Referendum-Poll result from last week about current name with about 90% votes "AGAINST" (32 vs 3 for Change) tells us that no reason for any another week, month or year for "Beauty and her Beasts" to stay... If we back temporary to default "Ana Ivanovic" option till we not chose final version of this subforum new name it will have at least two big advantages than stay with "Beauty and her Beasts" till we chose New Name:

- "Beauty and her Beasts" will be finally send to history no mater what will happen with current new name election process this summer.
- It will be less pressure to find new name "as soon as possible" if current unpopular name is already replaced (with neutral/default "Ana Ivanovic").

If we waste this opportunity to finally change this outdated subforum name now just week after such obvious 90% Poll results who knows when we have next opportunity like this? We vote in Do You Want To Change Ana's Sub Forum Name? (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=385080) Poll to show what we thinking about subforum current name - now (in next 3 days) please Vote which our action should follow such result which we get in that Poll. Only reason why "Ana Ivanovic" is ultimate solution for temporary replacement of current name is fact that Name+Surname is simple default Players Forum name form, so any other option without some kind of elections will not be legitimate and fair.

:wavey:

azdaja
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
i think cp6uja is a pretty cool guy. eh starts plols and doesn't afraid of anything.

Cp6uja
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I forget to notice in OP one another very important aspect why I thinking is very important to request end of "Beauty and her Beasts" subforum name era now already after end of 2009 referendum poll. It will be our test for TennisForum officials already after first step in Name Change Process are they ready to doing here anything to follow majority will here about current name obvious unpopularity... or we just waste our time again with this initiative like in 2008. Also this (to RESET current name) will be big satisfaction for all fans which just don't want to see "Beauty and her Beasts" anymore and any "not so bad" solution will be acceptable in future and 11 months after we first time here says NO to current name in majority we finally want to see that name in history. Why risk again total polarization in final steps in Name changing process like in 2008 and possibility for minority (or forum officials) to manipulate with our voting results? Remember that last year we have 20 votes for 1st final option, same number of 20 votes for other and just 9 voters which chose "against both" option... but that is enough for minority/officials to say that whole name changing name process is unsuccessful and should be closed :p. Now when we have so clean 90% vs 10% poll results we should request end (reset) of current subforum name and finish with "Beauty and her Beasts" once forever. In other thread here I notice that never in WTAWorld/TennisForum history some once created Players Subforum name is still not changed, so if we reset current name to temporary basic/default "Name Surname" form ("Ana Ivanovic") it will be way easy to change because changes from default to some new name happens here all the time - last example is from "Jelena Jankovic" to "~ ♥ JJ ♥ ~" name change last month. So when we finally have consensus about some new name it will be much easy to change from neutral "Ana Ivanovic" like we do it in 2006 with current name :shrug:.

So thinking about that and on other hand 11 months after we first time vote against current name and with newest proofs how unpopular that name is here I dont see any point to stay with "Beauty and her Beasts" anymore :wavey:.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
i think cp6uja is a pretty cool guy. eh starts plols and doesn't afraid of anything.

http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=352526 Do you think we should get a name change for this forum?
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=362641 Off-Season Action is continue - NEW NAME FOR ANA FORUM
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=363714 "AJDE ANA!" or "ANA IS LOVE" - Forums New Name Final Result...omg... T I E D !?
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364185 Nomination TB is CLOSED, "Ajde Ana!" reach SuperFinal
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364437 "Ajde Ana!" or "Beauty and her Beasts" - Ana Ivanovic forum's name SUPERFINAL
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=384183 Sub-forum name change?
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=385080 Do You Want To Change Beauty and her Beasts to something else?
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=385549 New Forum Name Suggestion Thread!!!! SUGGEST THEM NOW!!!
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=385793 Should we replace "Beauty and her Beasts" name immediately?

8 different threads made sense, i mean what fanbase wouldnt need 8 threads to figure out a name... But 9?:confused::o
you could name the forum- "it took us more threads to come up with this name then our girl has titles"

Horizon
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:31 PM
the first option is nonsensical.

just wait another few weeks? it won't be long :p

Cp6uja
Jul 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
8 different threads made sense, i mean what fanbase wouldnt need 8 threads to figure out a name... But 9?:confused::o
you could name the forum- "it took us more threads to come up with this name then our girl has titles"You forget to notice one important detail - after so many threads about changing obviously unliked "Beauty and her Beasts" subforum name - we still have that unpopular name here. So poll question of this thread is created to be last one about this in "Beauty and her Beasts" era, not another one to complicate whole procedure of name change. But according to poll result after 1st day maybe people here like to see ??? new threads about this before we finally (if we ever?) change this unpopular name. :p :p :p

the first option is nonsensical.

just wait another few weeks? it won't be long :pWe wait already 49 weeks since first successful referendum-poll (august 20008) about change "Beauty and her Beasts" name. If that "nonsensical" first option wins all will be over with "Beauty and her Beasts" NEXT WEEK. If not... nobody have any guarantee that this year again two final "New Name" options will have similar support like in 2008 and because there was always 10-15% people which will don't like both of them - maybe forum officials will again manipulate with our polls result with "official conclusion" that this subforum is still not ready for changing current "Beauty and her Beasts" name? So how many another "few weeks" it will be? Or also what if TennisForum administration again insist that Name-Change politics here has nothing with our will, voting and pull results - only with private decision of local moderator ("Dexter" in our case)? If that is case and "YES" option will win in this poll again we will know that already next week - not in last moment like in 2008, so we will not waste our time and energy about this subject if forum officials really don't care about results of all this threads and discussions. So 49 weeks after we decide to change this name are You have precise answer how many weeks means "FEW WEEKS" from Your post if that "nonsensical" first option not wins here :confused:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM
You forget to notice one important detail - after so many threads about changing obviously unliked "Beauty and her Beasts" subforum name - we still have that unpopular name here.

thats my favorite part of this whole thing, to be honest.:devil: Regardless of how it happens, there seems to be progress being made in the suggestion thread. It seems like it shouldnt be too much longer til some kind of a change is made this time, whether the default, or better yet, straight to the new name;)

Cp6uja
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I just notice that in GM some troll-newcomer bumped one my thread from march 2007 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=289824) :haha: ... I totally forget that GM sticky link to famous The Boiled Egg RANKING thread was established on my initiative and insisting. Actually I created Thread in "Bug Report" and Poll in GM (with 90% support) and "annoying" to site administrators to create special sticky thread with link to this site most important and 3rd most popular thread (after Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova pics threads)... so they give-up at end and really create that sticky link-thread so in last two years new site visitors and members very easy can find that very helpful and useful source of informations hidden on "Challengers" subforum on this site.

Good old WTAWorld times :drool: when You also must fighting for some very obvious and logical things which also has big support of majority people here... but at least in that time site officials not ignore that will.

And look now... 49 weeks after majority decide to change "Beauty and her Beasts" name of this subforum and just week after we in newest poll realize that just less than 10% Ana fans still support this unpopular outdated name - we still must tolerate that.

Couple hours before voting for this poll will be closed I must confess that I'm very disappointed with this Poll result here, which is created to finish immediately once for ever (in combination with that 90 vs 10 poll for change) with unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" name. I really try, but still not find any advantage in case that "Beauty and her Beasts" stay any day longer after such obvious disaster in support and also I'm very serious about all reasons and risks which forced me to open thread like this - because awful experience from 2008 when big majority here also don,t want current name to stay, but minority of Ana fans which prefer that name with help of site officials at end prevent any change.

Thanks to all who vote... and to be honest if we again this summer don't find New Name with consensus support... "Beauty and her Beasts" to stay for another 30-50-??? weeks will be unacceptable for me so I will again revitalize this alternate "RESET name" temporary solution.

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I just notice that in GM some troll-newcomer bumped one my thread from march 2007 (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=289824) :haha: ... I totally forget that GM sticky link to famous The Boiled Egg RANKING thread was established on my initiative and insisting. Actually I created Thread in "Bug Report" and Poll in GM (with 90% support) and "annoying" to site administrators to create special sticky thread with link to this site most important and 3rd most popular thread (after Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova pics threads)... so they give-up at end and really create that sticky link-thread so in last two years new site visitors and members very easy can find that very helpful and useful source of informations hidden on "Challengers" subforum on this site.

Good old WTAWorld times :drool: when You also must fighting for some very obvious and logical things which also has big support of majority people here... but at least in that time site officials not ignore that will.

And look now... 49 weeks after majority decide to change "Beauty and her Beasts" name of this subforum and just week after we in newest poll realize that just less than 10% Ana fans still support this unpopular outdated name - we still must tolerate that.

Couple hours before voting for this poll will be closed I must confess that I'm very disappointed with this Poll result here, which is created to finish immediately once for ever (in combination with that 90 vs 10 poll for change) with unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" name. I really try, but still not find any advantage in case that "Beauty and her Beasts" stay any day longer after such obvious disaster in support and also I'm very serious about all reasons and risks which forced me to open thread like this - because awful experience from 2008 when big majority here also don,t want current name to stay, but minority of Ana fans which prefer that name with help of site officials at end prevent any change.

Thanks to all who vote... and to be honest if we again this summer don't find New Name with consensus support... "Beauty and her Beasts" to stay for another 30-50-??? weeks will be unacceptable for me so I will again revitalize this alternate "RESET name" temporary solution.

Cp6uja I partly agree with you but you must understand that you can't force your opinion on people... moreso if you try too hard you get the opposite reaction...

But i admire you for being so firm on your opinions and beliefs, you are like Don Quichotte of Ana`s forum or in Italy we say "pasionario":lol::hug:

Horizon
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:23 AM
We wait already 49 weeks since first successful referendum-poll (august 20008) about change "Beauty and her Beasts" name. If that "nonsensical" first option wins all will be over with "Beauty and her Beasts" NEXT WEEK. If not... nobody have any guarantee that this year again two final "New Name" options will have similar support like in 2008 and because there was always 10-15% people which will don't like both of them - maybe forum officials will again manipulate with our polls result with "official conclusion" that this subforum is still not ready for changing current "Beauty and her Beasts" name? So how many another "few weeks" it will be? Or also what if TennisForum administration again insist that Name-Change politics here has nothing with our will, voting and pull results - only with private decision of local moderator ("Dexter" in our case)? If that is case and "YES" option will win in this poll again we will know that already next week - not in last moment like in 2008, so we will not waste our time and energy about this subject if forum officials really don't care about results of all this threads and discussions. So 49 weeks after we decide to change this name are You have precise answer how many weeks means "FEW WEEKS" from Your post if that "nonsensical" first option not wins here :confused:
The thing is, it wasn't succesful. There was no clear winner in the final thread, and nobody was really that bothered apart from you.

The results of the poll of this thread say enough, don't they? This is simply the name of a mini sub forum on a a tennis discussion website, not anything you should get especially worked up over, in my opinion. ;)