PDA

View Full Version : Anna's Diary

goldenlox
Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:05 PM
July 23, 2009 Ė Anna Diary Entry

Hey Everyone! I know itís been February since I wrote my last entry. Anyway It has been really tough year for me so far, But here I am still fighting my way up again. I try to stay POSITIVE despite of my results. And Iím also truly aware how some of my fans and supporters stuck with me in times of my mix results, Thank You so MUCH FOR EVERYTHING. Youíre the reason why Iím still playing and trying to be the Best that I can be. Iím hoping to turn my season around , just one tournament at a time and definitely one match at a time. Anyway there has been a lot of changes since March. I have a coach now from Spain , He travels with me now, Hoping and Praying that heíll guide me to the right path, his been wonderful so far.

After Wimbledon I went straight to Sochi for few days. I just want to get away from tennis and try to be myself for a while. Be normal, act normal and just surround myself with positive people. After that well needed rest in Sochi went back to Moscow. When I got here I felt sick for a while, nothing serious. I felt much better last week . And I donít know if I mentioned this before but my father build a miniature soccer field in our backyard few years ago, He decided to take it off and build a tennis court. He suggested itís much better to practice here at home and be closer to them, which I totally agree. My coach has been kind enough to fly here and practice here. So far itís been good. Taking it easy , feeling my shots and my game.

I know itís only going to be a matter of time and tournament when my game will start to click again. I donít really want to expect to much from myself. I really want to play and be the best that I can be without putting too much pressure on myself. Well I guess thatís really it for now. And by the way Iíll be starting my US OPEN SERIES tournament in Stanford, then Cincinnati, Toronto, MAYBE New Haven, it all depends how I fair in the first three tournaments ;) and the US OPEN. So again Thank You for your continued support. May God bless each and everyone of you. Special thanks to my Family by the way for there undying Love and support, my friends whoís always been there for me and to my sponsors whoís been really patient enough to be there for me. I hope to bring you more positive news in the future. Till my next entry.

WITH LOVE AND APPRECIATION,

Anna Chakvetadze

cosmoose
Jul 23rd, 2009, 04:15 AM
Its really good to hear from Chaky again. :)

lilimi
Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
stay positive :D i hope that she'll keep that in mind on her newt tournaments.

GeorgianFan
Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
anna :rocker2:

sammy01
Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
awwwwww shes lovely. good luck chak i'll always root for you!

Iggy
Jul 25th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Ah, she has a coach! Good.

HowardH
Jul 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Anna is such a sweetie (When she isn't throwing an oncourt tantrum :lol:). Sochi must be lovely. Elena V is lucky to live there. Spanish coach huh? The tennis world transcends national boundaries, so many players have coaches from other countries and team up in doubles with people from other parts of the world. Hopefully this coach will be able to help Anna with her problems.

sammy01
Jul 26th, 2009, 12:48 AM
btw i like that this entry was written in a positive but not in denial way. shes neither lambasting herself for her results too much, neither is she denying the results are poor.

i hope that positive yet honest outlook shes wrote this with transcends to the tennis court.

Daszmarelli
Aug 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Stay positive :hearts:

C'mon Anna you can back!

fish_wilson
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:14 PM
so nice to hear from her again. Thanks for posting.

rucolo
Mar 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Sept. 15, 2009

Hi Everyone. Itís been more than a week since I left New York. And Iím sad to tell you all that I wont be able to play for the next 4 to 6 weeks. I have a stress fracture on my right foot. After going through a series of test in New York and seeing a doctor here in Moscow it was confirmed that I do have the injury on my foot. At first it was so hard for me to accept, I mean I honestly felt that my game was really going forward after my match against Vera. And reaching the quarterfinals of New Haven was a small victory for me. How I wish I could have played few more tournaments before the end of the season,, But sad to say I wont. Theyíre might be a small chance of playing Moscow but I will take it a day at a time. I might consider playing challenger also, but like Iíve said it all depends on how fast my foot will heal. Anyway I guess Iím fortunate it happened towards the last part of the season. God forbid it could have been worst. I know
with the love and support of my family and friends I will overcome this injury. Thank you all for the continued love and support Everyone. I hope you will be with me every step of my recovery.

I am home right now slowly recovering. The doctors gave me this boot that I have to use for the next three or four weeks. I must admit having them on is like weird and funny. I feel like Iím a pirate. I canít even go out with it, lol. And itís just so hard to match the boot with my clothes : ) . I just try to see the humor side of it really. Hopefully when itís time for the boot to retire, Iíll be able to walk normal again and even wear my clothes again without having problems matching them ;) . I believe everything happens for a reason. I know it hasnít been a great year but thatí s tennis life. Thank God I have a life outside tennis. The most important thing is I am healthy, sort of ;), my family is healthy, my friends are always there and the fans of course. I couldnít ask for more right now. Instead of trying to be negative I would rather stay positive at a time like this. For sure I will keep you all posted as my recovery begins.
Before I go special shout outs to my team, sponsors , coach and friends. May God bless each and everyone of you all. I hope to bring you good news in the future. Donít worry Iím keeping the FAITH : )

Take care Everyone!

With Love,
Anna

rucolo
Mar 8th, 2010, 06:50 PM
February 25, 2010

Hi Everyone. I just realized itís been really a while since my last entry , Iím just happy to write a new entry for the New year ;). Anyway I really want to Thank You All for always being there for me especially on my tough times. I know last year hasnít been that good for me, But here I am just really working hard to really get back on track. I just try to concentrate on every match, every tournament I play. So far so good. After a rough start of 2010 , Iím just glad to reach my first quarterfinal of the year in Pattaya. I hope to do better in my coming tournaments. Speaking of Pattaya. I really loved it there.

Besides the nice hotel and great food, I love the ďPADTHAIĒ, The people are so Friendly and very nice. I really had a wonderful time there. Off court I was able to enjoy the company of my Russian friends who were based there and had a great dinner by beach. The view was spectacular. Before I forget I was also happy to reach the doubles finals in Pattaya too, really had fun with my partner Pervak. Iím home right now in Moscow just enjoying the company of my family and at the same time really working hard on my training . I donít like to expect to much from myself but I would really like to give my best and be the player Iím capable of.

Iíll be leaving for the US next week and as always I will be celebrating my birthday there, Again . I just wish nothing but good health for myself and my family and All the best for my tennis. I think Iíll just celebrate my birthday quietly with my Father and close friends just like last year : ). Nothing fancy or over the top ;). Well I believe thatís it for now. I wish and everyone of you All a great year. Thank you again for the Love and Support. Till next time. God bless you All.

HUGS,
Anna