PDA

View Full Version : Monica.....

CJ07
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:16 PM
no im sure eleni played well, but im very surprised at this 6-1 7-5 score. is monica having issues with her foot? was she not moving well? if i were her, id take alot of time of, get rested workout and play zurich and in la. or...maybe she should get surgery

selesrules
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Is Monica injured? I hope not. Anyways I'm disappointed with the loss and especially the score. I hope that everything will go great with Monica until the end of the year so that she will be in top form in Australia.

jrm
Sep 13th, 2002, 10:01 PM
why do people always pressume someone is injured if they loose

motta
Sep 13th, 2002, 10:22 PM
She was not injured. Eleni just played better. Monica had problems with her serve again. I didn't watch the first set but the tv guy said that she did a lot of ues and double faults.

Jericho
Sep 13th, 2002, 10:50 PM
more of that injured crap again...

CB
Sep 13th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Monica is injured but Eleni played superb thats why she won.

I saw it :)

CJ07
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:04 AM
well if Eleni served and volleyed than i can see why, they realy give monica trouble, well other than martina anyway

Alley
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:12 AM
How much has Monica's game gone down the tubes in the last couple months, that she can't even take a set off an opponent who was suffering from heat exhaustian and was having trouble breathing. :sad:

CJ07
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:18 AM
well shes only played 2 tournaments since missing 2 1/2 months with injury. so just if her foot isnt bothering her, than she should play as much as she can (tokyo, moscow, zurich, linz, la) get her ranking back up to #4 if possible and go into Australia confident

Fingon
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by mmcdonald
well shes only played 2 tournaments since missing 2 1/2 months with injury. so just if her foot isnt bothering her, than she should play as much as she can (tokyo, moscow, zurich, linz, la) get her ranking back up to #4 if possible and go into Australia confident

Monica does that every single year, and every single year she gets injured and is out for a few months.

Monica must NOT play as much as she can, she must play as little as she can as her body never holds up.

Monica@53
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:28 AM
Well, I was always going to be worried about this match up. Daniilidou is a quality player and with Monica not at her best, it was always going to be tough going.

Daniilidou has already recorded some big wins, over Clijsters, I think over Henin, and Dokic (world #4) lost to Myskina today.... why hasn't a bigger deal been made over those instances as it has with Monica's current loss??? I mean, it's only a loss, her 12th loss of the season compared with her 45 wins......

rated_next
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:30 AM
and Dokic was injured too right? and Fernandez? and Kremer? and all the top seeds who lose to lower ranked players?

:rolleyes:

Well done Eleni :)

wongqks
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:50 AM
:saD:

good luck to eleni and Anastasia

CJ07
Sep 14th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Kremer always loses, i really dont know why shes in the top 20