PDA

View Full Version : Voting For New Name On Hold Until Further Notice!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Balltossovic
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Okay people the votes are in!!! Goodbye "Beauty and her Beasts" Hello to a new name!!:armed:

We will start voting for the top 8 names at midnight tonight so please continue discussing the names. Voting will end Saturday at midnight.

The top two names will go on to the final poll. Voting for that will start Sunday at Midnight and that poll will be closed seven days later. I'm sorry if I come off rude that is not my intention. I just want to be clear. If anyone has an issue please tell me NOW before the process starts. Once we have started THAT'S IT!

THESE ARE THE NAMES THAT WILL GO ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!!

1. Ana is Love

2. Ajde Ana

3. Ana Ivanovic

4. Anapolis

5. The Anapolis

6. Ana's Villa of Excitement

7. Anamania

8. fANAtics

THIS IS THE FINAL TALLY!!!!! ONLY THE NAMES THAT HAVE A POSITIVE VOTE WILL BE IN THE NEXT ROUND! ALL ZERO AND NEGATIVE VOTES ARE ELIMINATED!!!!

1. Ana is Love 8

2. Chika Doo's College -48

3. Fistpump Nation -12

4. Ajde Ana 16

5. AJDEMO! -30

6. Ana Ivanovic 1

7. Ana's Place -39

8. Ana's Eden -39

9. Ana's Garden -40

10. Ana -29

11. Ana's Villa -9

12. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy -20

13. Fistpumpovic Fiesta -27

14. Fistpump Central -27

15. Anapolis 31

16. The Anapolis 8

17. Ana's Villa of Excitement 13

18. Ana's Bananas -8

19. Banana Ana -46

20. Anamazing -31

21. GuantANAmo Bay Prison -13

22. SultANA -40

23. NirvANA -15

24. Not AN Another girl -38

25. ANA: Absolutely Number A -32

26. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love 0

27. A Is For Ana -24

28. Ana's Ark -27

29. All About Ana -11

30. Simply Ana -14

31. Anamania 5

32. fANAtics 9

33. Puppy Power -43

gaviotabr
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:18 PM
I think you have a good system going. When the voting begins, I believe we should say 2 names that we like and 2 that we dislike the most. That way we avoid the names that have support, but also opposition. I also think we should vote in an open thread and expose arguments.. it might influence other peoples votes, but hey.. If I like Anamazing and suddenly someone comes up and says that it sounds like Unamazing, I'm pretty sure I would reconsider my vote. And that's not a bad thing. It should be a consensus after all.

Balltossovic
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:24 PM
^^ I'll keep that in mind:D

spiritedenergy
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:27 PM
I agree, 2 or 3 votes for what we like and what we dislike, each vote giving 1 point. Then a final ranking can be made after the votes are in and the top 2 can go to the final poll.

My suggestions are:

sultANA
nirvANA
not AN Another girl
ANA: Absolutely Number A

:tape::lol::help::p

Balltossovic
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Oh dear:sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM
Oh dear:sobbing:

:haha:

just a few suggestions:p

дalex
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:46 PM
Oh man! So many suggestions. How long will it take to eliminate all but two? :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:49 PM
Oh man! So many suggestions. How long will it take to eliminate all but two? :lol:

no i don't think it will work like that, at the end of the vote the first 2 with more votes will go to the final poll.
Or we could have semifinals and finals polls too... the 1st would go against the 4th in SF, the 2nd against the 3rd...

дalex
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:01 PM
no i don't think it will work like that, at the end of the vote the first 2 with more votes will go to the final poll.

Yeah, that makes sense.

spiritedenergy
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

thanks Dalex:kiss: So which names do you suggest?:lol: Puppy Love?:lol: Which is actually not bad, surely better than GuantANAmo:tape::help:

Balltossovic
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:24 PM
I was thinking maybe the remaining five names or the five with the most votes could go in a poll and then the two top scoring ones could be in the final poll:unsure:

дalex
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
So which names do you suggest?:lol: Puppy Love?:lol: Which is actually not bad, surely better than GuantANAmo:tape::help:

If I were you I wouldn't be dissing any name. Not after you had suggested sultANA. :rolls:

I'm not suggesting anything. You have some pretty cool suggestions already. And you can always compromise like we did in JJ forum.

spiritedenergy
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:36 PM
If I were you I wouldn't be dissing any name. Not after you had suggested sultANA. :rolls:

I'm not suggesting anything. You have some pretty cool suggestions already. And you can always compromise like we did in JJ forum.

:lol:

It's not too bad:p

Horizon
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:40 PM
omg "Anapolis: Where Ana is Love" is perfect :hearts:

It combines two names which different people liked but still works really well together :D

дalex
Jul 21st, 2009, 11:44 PM
It's not too bad:p

It must be your personal favourite when you put it as your #1 suggestion. Hilarious. :lol:

If I were running this process I'd kindly ask people to withdraw some of the suggestions from the competition. I mean there's so many bad names - people will be confused as to which they should give negative points to. :lol:

j/k, I think it's great that so many of you are participating in this process. But you should be careful with the voting system when you have so many suggestions.

jelenacg
Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:00 AM
With so many suggestions we should have 3 votes for what we like and what we dislike ,2 votes is not enough imo :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:21 AM
It must be your personal favourite when you put it as your #1 suggestion. Hilarious. :lol:

If I were running this process I'd kindly ask people to withdraw some of the suggestions from the competition. I mean there's so many bad names - people will be confused as to which they should give negative points to. :lol:

j/k, I think it's great that so many of you are participating in this process. But you should be careful with the voting system when you have so many suggestions.

mmhhh that's kinda true... or maybe we should have 5 negative and 5 positive votes? I can still retire my suggestions:p (which were tongue in cheek anyways), but the whole purpose is to eliminate the bad ones which will (hopefully) get negatives votes... Then maybe a big poll with all the positive ones could be done to choose the finalists?

Curtos07
Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:41 AM
^I love your sig. :lol:

My 3 personal favorite are Anapolis, Ana's villa of excitement and Ana's Banana's. :lol:

hellas719
Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:12 AM
A Is For Ana
Ana's Ark
All About Ana

The Daviator
Jul 22nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
:spit: at "Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love" :rolls:

Horizon
Jul 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
I like it :ras:

spiritedenergy
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM

I like it :ras:

It sounds a bit weird, like a sexy shop or something:lol::p

AstuteLearner8
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
What's wrong with the old forum name?

spiritedenergy
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
What's wrong with the old forum name?

Nothing, it was long time that it was planned to be changed since it's a bit outdated, so it's happening now.;)

AstuteLearner8
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
oh, I like Anapolis.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 24th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I love GuantANAmo Bay.

:lol: Hilarious.

But what did Beauty and he Beasts actually mean??? What relevance is it. Is it her boobs??:confused:

azdaja
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:16 AM
But what did Beauty and he Beasts actually mean??? What relevance is it. Is it her boobs??:confused:
lol. the beasts was supposed to mean her fans.

it doesn't matter how many names are suggested. the first phase of voting should consist of giving points to each name (my suggestion is from -2 to +2). everyone should just post and editing a post means disqualication. if somebody changes their mind later (which should be discouraged), they should state the number of the post they want to correct and make a new post. if they must.

in this way most names will be out of the competition anyway.

дalex
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:37 AM
^ That's a great idea - voting for all the names. :D

mure
Jul 24th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I love GuantANAmo Bay.

:lol: Hilarious.

:

yes!!!finally someone beseides me who likes it

GuantANAmo gaining momentum :worship::bounce:

bring on the poll!

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM
lol. the beasts was supposed to mean her fans.

it doesn't matter how many names are suggested. the first phase of voting should consist of giving points to each name (my suggestion is from -2 to +2). everyone should just post and editing a post means disqualication. if somebody changes their mind later (which should be discouraged), they should state the number of the post they want to correct and make a new post. if they must.

in this way most names will be out of the competition anyway.

I disagree.. this should be a consensus and a free opinion poll. If someone reads somebody elses argument, realizes something she/he hadn't realized before regarding the name, agrees and decides to change her/his own opinion, I see no problem in that. It should be like a big conversation, so that people actually reach an agreement. I'm okay with not editing the post though, that could create some confusion.

I think -2 and +2 might not be enough for the votes, there are just too many names.

azdaja
Jul 24th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I disagree.. this should be a consensus and a free opinion poll. If someone reads somebody elses argument, realizes something she/he hadn't realized before regarding the name, agrees and decides to change her/his own opinion, I see no problem in that. It should be like a big conversation, so that people actually reach an agreement. I'm okay with not editing the post though, that could create some confusion.
the potential confusion is the only reason i am against editing posts. we probably should have 2 threads - one for discussions and one for voting. for the same reason.

I think -2 and +2 might not be enough for the votes, there are just too many names.
yeah, but it keeps things simple. if you feel very negative about a name you give it -2, if you feel very positive you give it +2. unpopular names will get negative votes from 30+ people, popular names will get +2 from a lot of people. all points will add up and all names that end with points below 0 are automatically out. we will then see how many names will have points above 0. at this stage we don't need to see which names are the most popular. rather, we need to see which ones are unpopular.

lilimi
Jul 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Ana is love
Simply Ana

дalex
Jul 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM

Hi, Isa...

Maybe you should all start discussing these suggestions - in this or that other thread (I think better in this one)? I don't think you'll have that many new suggestions. You should all try to give reasons for liking or disliking a name. Try to be diplomatic so you don't start arguing over nothing and everything, even though it would be more interesting for those of us who're just watching what's going on. :lol:

As to -2 and +2 dilemma. I think azdaja is right - if everyone votes for all the names, it's hard to imagine that that many names will have all positive votes. If I were voting I'd give -2 to the majority of the suggested new names. Wouldn't you? :lol:

In the end you'll see the results and decide whether you need another round before the final poll.

I also think you should discourage people to change their votes by reminding them to really think through before they vote.

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi, Isa...

Maybe you should all start discussing these suggestions - in this or that other thread (I think better in this one)? I don't think you'll have that many new suggestions. You should all try to give reasons for liking or disliking a name. Try to be diplomatic so you don't start arguing over nothing and everything, even though it would be more interesting for those of us who're just watching what's going on. :lol:

As to -2 and +2 dilemma. I think azdaja is right - if everyone votes for all the names, it's hard to imagine that that many names will have all positive votes. If I were voting I'd give -2 to the majority of the suggested new names. Wouldn't you? :lol:

In the end you'll see the results and decide whether you need another round before the final poll.

I also think you should discourage people to change their votes by reminding them to really think through before they vote.

Oh really? I thought we had 4 points to distribute among all the names, not to give each name a mark. It's ok then, even +/- 1 would be ok.

дalex
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Oh really? I thought we had 4 points to distribute among all the names, not to give each name a mark. It's ok then, even +/- 1 would be ok.

I think azdaja's suggestion would work better than voting for only a few names.

-/+ 2 is better 'cos it will really differentiate good and bad.

I also think you should try to eliminate some suggestions during the discussion.

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:41 PM
the potential confusion is the only reason i am against editing posts. we probably should have 2 threads - one for discussions and one for voting. for the same reason.

yeah, but it keeps things simple. if you feel very negative about a name you give it -2, if you feel very positive you give it +2. unpopular names will get negative votes from 30+ people, popular names will get +2 from a lot of people. all points will add up and all names that end with points below 0 are automatically out. we will then see how many names will have points above 0. at this stage we don't need to see which names are the most popular. rather, we need to see which ones are unpopular.

Okay, agreed. We sould discuss the names first, give our arguments.. maybe even in this thread. And then vote. That should avoid the changing of opinion.

And now I understand better the voting system you sugested. It seems pretty good to me. :)

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hi, Isa...

Hi Alex!

Yes.. agreed. I read azdaja explanation and it convinced me. I also think we should discuss the names before actually voting.

дalex
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:58 PM
OK now, start discussing. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/5669/popcornsme4.gif

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I think azdaja's suggestion would work better than voting for only a few names.

-/+ 2 is better 'cos it will really differentiate good and bad.

I also think you should try to eliminate some suggestions during the discussion.

Ok so it means if i think a name is very good i'll give it +2, if it's ok +1, if it's so and so 0, if it's bad -1 and if it's very bad -2, this for each name?

дalex
Jul 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Ok so it means if i think a name is very good i'll give it +2, if it's ok +1, if it's so and so 0, if it's bad -1 and if it's very bad -2, this for each name?

I guess... But as Isa pointed out you should discuss the names first. Or maybe post opinions on what you'd like to see in a new name. What fits Ana the best? Do you want something bubbly...or witty...or simple but lasting.

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I guess... But as Isa pointed out you should discuss the names first. Or maybe post opinions on what you'd like to see in a new name. What fits Ana the best? Do you want something bubbly...or witty...or simple but lasting.

Good ideas of discussion... I think simple but lasting is the best option. Ana is not as witty as JJ, she's bubbly yes but she usually likes simple things (like simple outfits, etc.), she can laugh about everything, so she's a simple but classy person so the forum name should be like that... That's why I like Ajde Ana! (to which I would add the exclamation mark to make it more vibrant) or Anapolis, they are simple and classy just like her.:kiss:

azdaja
Jul 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
well, my idea is that everybody should express how positive or negative they feel about a name. if you love the name and want to have it in the final poll you give it a positive vote +1 or +2 depending on how much you like it. if you are neutral and don't mind a name you give it 0. and you give negative votes to names you dislike.

the point is to reach a consensus on candidates. i suspect most names will end up with points below 0 and they are out of the competition immediately. therefore people should vote honestly. the question should be something like "how do you feel about each proposed name?"

possibel replies:

+2 very positive :bounce:
+1 positive :D
0 neutral :)
-1 negative :(
-2 very negative :help:

jelenacg
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
So can we start discussing names now ? :)
I really don`t understand Ana's Bananas and Banana Ana
SultANA at first i read it like slutAna :tape::lol:
Not AN Another girl it reminds me of not another teen movie ,so no :lol:
A Is For Ana -i don`t like it
Ana's Place,Ana's Eden,Ana's Garden,Ana's Villa,Ana's Ark -why not Ana`s world
GuantANAmo Bay Prison- no way
Anamazing- i like it until Izzy mention Unamazing
Fistpump Nation,Ana's Fistpump Frenzy,Fistpumpovic Fiesta, Fistpump Central - they are funny but i`m not sure i would like them to be name of the forum

Balltossovic
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Yes please discuss:)

Balltossovic
Jul 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Ana is Love- I like it.

Chika Doo's College- No way

Fistpump Nation- This isn't a Janet Jackson video

Ajde Ana- Perfect for Ana

AJDEMO!- It's just silly

Ana Ivanovic- Would be nice and simple. Ana's name is beautiful but this might be a little too simple having just her name.

Ana's Place- Just okay

Ana's Eden- I REALLY like this one

Ana's Garden- Does Ana like flowers:unsure: If she does this would be nice too

Ana- Too simple

Ana's Villa- I just don't like this one

Ana's Fistpump Frenzy- Don't really like this one either

Fistpumpovic Fiesta- Ana is Serbian

Fistpump Central- Sounds like a train station

Anapolis- Lukewarm on this one

The Anapolis- Hate this one

Ana's Villa of Excitement- I actually like this one:lol:

Ana's Bananas- :help:

Banana Ana- Why:unsure:

Anamazing- No:o

GuantANAmo Bay Prison- I'd be shocked if this got more than two votes

NirvANA- We need something more unique

Not AN Another girl- We like Ana this seems like a negative name

ANA: Absolutely Number A- No sense:lol:

Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love- I'm inlove with this name for some reason:inlove:

A Is For Ana- We already no that:shrug:

Ana's Ark- Rubs me the wrong way

All About Ana- It's already all about Ana here

DownTheLine21
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:11 PM
GuantANAmo Bay Prison.

LOL. I love this one. Sometimes it feels like that in here.

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Ana is Love- Hate it. It's childish.

Chika Doo's College- Reminds me of Kardon.. which is not such a good memory...

Fistpump Nation- I love Ana's fistpumps, but it's something that can bother people, so I don't think anything related to it should be in the forum name.

Ajde Ana- I like it.

AJDEMO!- Doesn't sound good and it's a bit confusing.

Ana Ivanovic- Too simple.. though I think it might be a good solution if we don't reach a consensus.

Ana's Place- Blah..

Ana's Eden- Blah 2..

Ana's Garden- Blah 3...

Ana- No.. the name should be more elaborate...

Ana's Villa- This one is okay...

Ana's Fistpump Frenzy- Don't like it for the same reasons as Fistpump nation.

Fistpumpovic Fiesta- See above..

Fistpump Central- See above 2..

Anapolis/The Anapolis- I like both. I think if it wins the poll, we should maybe discuss the "The" later on. It's simple and classy.

Ana's Villa of Excitement- This one is funny. I actually find it quite okay.

Ana's Bananas- :lol: Really?

Banana Ana- Is Ana a banana? :lol:

Anamazing- It sounds too much like Unamazing, which has a negative meaning.

GuantANAmo Bay Prison- I know we are prisioners in this Ana fanship world, through good and bad times.. :lol: But a Prison is associated, IMHO, to dark and ugly places.. and Ana is bright, bubbly and beautiful.

NirvANA- I don't like this one..

Not AN Another girl- That's just NO..

ANA: Absolutely Number A- Number A? :lol: No..

Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love- Too big.. it should be more simple. And this Ana is love thing.. :o

A Is For Ana- :confused: Seriously? :lol:

Ana's Ark- Blah 4...

All About Ana- A bit redundant..

I think it should be something simple, classy and maybe a bit cute.

doni1212
Jul 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
My favorite is Anapolis or The Anapolis, :)

дalex
Jul 24th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Banana Ana- Is Ana a banana? :lol:

Banana. Ban Ana. :speakles:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 24th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I really like Anapolis:)

The best thing I could come up with was Ana' fanatics or just fANAtics, but I don't like them that much:o

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
I really like Anapolis:)

The best thing I could come up with was Ana' fanatics or just fANAtics, but I don't like them that much:o

Nice suggestion! I like fANAtics:kiss:

The Daviator
Jul 24th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Ana is Love- Famous and iconic phrase related to Ana, would be a great title, but maybe not everyone likes it.

Chika Doo's College- Too niche.

Fistpump Nation- Cool, but the fistpump in the title might put people off.

Ajde Ana- Too bland.

AJDEMO!- :lol: Crazy, but not appropriate.

Ana Ivanovic- Every other top player has a slogan as the title, so this isn't suitable.

Ana's Place- Too bland.

Ana's Eden- Don't get it and a bit weird.

Ana's Garden- So silly :lol:

Ana- Err, no, we can do better than this.

Ana's Villa- This one is cool and cute IMO, but maybe a bit bland.

Ana's Fistpump Frenzy- Not suitable for the forum name.

Fistpumpovic Fiesta- So silly again :lol: See above.

Fistpump Central- I suggested this, but again not really suitable.

Anapolis- Not feeling this like everyone else :confused: I guess it's ok, but it's the same as Anacity or Anatown to me :shrug:

The Anapolis- See above.

Ana's Villa of Excitement- I like :yeah:

Ana's Bananas- LOVE IT! My fave :worship: So random and fun, makes no sense, the rest of TF would be so jealous of our cool, crazy name :hearts:

Banana Ana- :haha: I think it would be great too :tape: I just love the randomness :lol:

Anamazing- Too kitsch.

GuantANAmo Bay Prison- I LOVE this too :lol: So insane, it will never be the winner, but :worship: to whoever came up with this.

NirvANA- Bleh.

Not AN Another girl- :confused:

ANA: Absolutely Number A- Number A? :spit: :haha:

Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love- OMG :haha: Sounds like a psychadelic brothel :rolls:

A Is For Ana- Too bland.

Ana's Ark- Don't like this at all

All About Ana- Good suggestion, makes sense, but as you can tell I prefer the crazier names that have some character :p

Mixo
Jul 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
My +2 points goes to... Ana's Villa of Excitement!!!

Davodus
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I quite like Ana's Villa of Excitement, and Anapolis

Reckoner
Jul 26th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Am I the only one not really liking Ana's Bananas?

It seems about as juvenile as the name we have now.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Am I the only one not really liking Ana's Bananas?

It seems about as juvenile as the name we have now.

No;) If that's what it's gonna be in the end:help:

dybbuk
Jul 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
I still like Puppy Power. Though that had resistence when I mentioned it the last time we had a poll.

Ana's Bananas is cute.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 27th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Ana's Garden - :spit: I immediatly thought of lady garden there, maybe Ana's Bush could be another option since garden is one:lol:

MaBaker
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:55 AM
:spit: at some names. I know I can't vote or anything, but I like Ajde Ana(!). It's simple and it's her. Maybe you could add below Villa of Excitement for Ana Ivanovic's fans , like we did with JJ's forum. No Fistpump central for god's sake :tears:

azdaja
Jul 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM
i consider following names acceptable:

Ajde Ana
Ana's Villa
Anapolis
Ana's Bananas (yes it's immature just like the current name, but then i don't mind the current name either)
All About Ana

i tried to come up with suggestions myself, but i have "Anamania" stuck in my head and that would be the only name i can think of. feel free to comment on that one.

jelenacg
Jul 27th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I like Anamania :)I also agree with mabaker that we could add below Ana's Villa of Excitement or something like that :lol:

Balltossovic
Jul 27th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Hey do you guys have any other suggestions as to what you want written UNDER the new forum name?:unsure:

I like the Villa of Excitement idea but as of right now that is still in the running for the actual forum name:unsure:

Officinale
Jul 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hey do you guys have any other suggestions as to what you want written UNDER the new forum name?:unsure:

I think this should to be decided when the main name is elected since it might be related to the actual new name? :confused:

Balltossovic
Jul 27th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah that's true:)

Well, start thinking about the names people! voting starts tomorrow:armed:

Reckoner
Jul 27th, 2009, 06:09 PM
How is the voting going to work.

Are you going to randomly divide up the names for polls? Are we going with the +/- idea?

Balltossovic
Jul 27th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I personally think we should just list the names we don't like. I'd count all the votes each name has then the ten names with the most votes are out:shrug: Then we'd start the real voting but other people seem to like the +/- idea so I guess we're going with that:)

Dexter
Jul 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
I totally love Ana's Bananas (agree with The Daviator, gotta love the randomness! :lol:) and Anapolis sounds very cool too! The rest are far behind for me.

azdaja
Jul 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Well, start thinking about the names people! voting starts tomorrow:armed:
i think we should clearly define the rules for voting, so i wouldn't be in a hurry.

more proposals still welcome.

Reckoner
Jul 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
In the first post it was said that voting will start in one week.

We've already discussed names for weeks, at this point it would almost be like kicking a dead horse.

Balltossovic
Jul 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
i think we should clearly define the rules for voting, so i wouldn't be in a hurry.

more proposals still welcome.
You guys already decided on the +/- voting:shrug:

We already have I think 33 proposals so I think it's safe to stay on the schedule set last week;)

Voting starts at Midnight:)

Reckoner
Jul 27th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Midnight eastern time?

Balltossovic
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Yes:D

antonella
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Ana's Bananas- LOVE IT! My fave :worship: So random and fun, makes no sense, the rest of TF would be so jealous of our cool, crazy name :hearts:

You got it!!:worship: That's the point.. it's not meant to make any sense, like the Seinfeld show it's about nothing. And when asked which fan are u?? just say you are a banana.

http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/seniorsection/images/games/game_bananas.jpg

http://www.consoleheroes.com/forums/image.php?u=247&dateline=1208995107

Although do I think Simply Ana is the best name.

Reckoner
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but the thing about Seinfeld was that it was genius.

spiritedenergy
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, but the thing about Seinfeld was that it was genius.

I personally don't like Ana's Bananas, i find it a bit childish, but that why we can vote so everyone can express their liking.
Ana's Villa of Excitement is actually growing on me, but Ajde Ana (!) and Anapolis are still my favorite:)

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM

I personally don't like Ana's Bananas, i find it a bit childish, but that why we can vote so everyone can express their liking.
Ana's Villa of Excitement is actually growing on me, but Ajde Ana (!) and Anapolis are still my favorite:)

We like the same names! :) I actually think Ana's Villa of Excitment might join my favorites soon.. it's really growing on me.

I don't mind Ana's Bananas though... just not a favorite of mine.

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
We like the same names! :) I actually think Ana's Villa of Excitment might join my favorites soon.. it's really growing on me.

I don't mind Ana's Bananas though... just not a favorite of mine.

yes we are so similar Izzy:lol::kiss::hug: I usually find myself agreeing with you (expect maybe when you argue with Cp6uja:lol:)

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 12:20 AM
yes we are so similar Izzy:lol::kiss::hug: I usually find myself agreeing with you (expect maybe when you argue with Cp6uja:lol:)

:hug:

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:46 AM
VOTING STARTS TONIGHT AT 12AM EASTERN TIME!! PLAESE VOTE FOR ALL NAMES! YOU WILL BE GRADING EACH NAME FROM A -2 TO A +2

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPORATION!

:banana::banana::banana:

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 02:37 AM
VOTING STARTS TONIGHT AT 12AM EASTERN TIME!! PLAESE VOTE FOR ALL NAMES! YOU WILL BE GRADING EACH NAME FROM A -2 TO A +2

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPORATION!

:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Myriam!
will it be in this thread or a new thread?

Ajde names!:armed::boxing::p

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Yes this one:D

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:12 AM
VOTE NOW!!!!!:armed:

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:25 AM
1. Ana is Love: -1
2. Chika Doo's College: -2
3. Fistpump Nation: 2
4. Ajde Ana: 2
5. AJDEMO!: -1
6. Ana Ivanovic: -1
7. Ana's Place: -1
8. Ana's Eden: -2
9. Ana's Garden: -2
10. Ana:0
12. Ana's Villa: 0
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy: -1
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta: -1
15. Fistpump Central: 0
16. Anapolis: 2
17. The Anapolis: 1
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: 2
19. Ana's Bananas: 0
20. Banana Ana: -2
21. Anamazing: -1
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: 0
23. SultANA: 0
24. NirvANA: 0
25. Not AN Another girl: 1
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A: 1
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: 0
28. A Is For Ana: -1
29. Ana's Ark: -2
30. All About Ana: -1
31. Simply Ana: 1
32. Anamania: 0
33. fANAtics: 2
34. Puppy Power: -2

:p

Reckoner
Jul 28th, 2009, 05:29 AM
1. Ana is Love +2
2. Chika Doo's College -2
3. Fistpump Nation -2
4. Ajde Ana +1
5. AJDEMO! -1
6. Ana Ivanovic +1
7. Ana's Place +1
8. Ana's Eden -1
9. Ana's Garden -1
10. Ana +1
12. Ana's Villa +1
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy -2
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta -2
15. Fistpump Central -2
16. Anapolis +2
17. The Anapolis -1
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement -1
19. Ana's Bananas -2
20. Banana Ana -2
21. Anamazing -2
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison -2
23. SultANA -2
24. NirvANA -2
25. Not AN Another girl -2
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A -2
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love -2
28. A Is For Ana -2
29. Ana's Ark +1
30. All About Ana +1
31. Simply Ana -1
32. Anamania +1
33. fANAtics -1
34. Puppy Power -2

Davodus
Jul 28th, 2009, 05:49 AM
1. Ana is Love: 0
3. Fistpump Nation: -1
4. Ajde Ana: 1
6. Ana Ivanovic: 0
7. Ana's Place: -2
10. Ana: -1
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta: -2
15. Fistpump Central: -1
19. Ana's Bananas: 1
21. Anamazing: -2
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: -1
23. SultANA: -1
24. NirvANA: -1
25. Not AN Another girl: -2
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A: -1
29. Ana's Ark: -1
31. Simply Ana: 0
32. Anamania: -1
33. fANAtics: 0

Officinale
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
3. Fistpump Nation: 0
5. AJDEMO!: -2
6. Ana Ivanovic: 1
10. Ana: -2
12. Ana's Villa: 1
15. Fistpump Central: -2
17. The Anapolis: 0
19. Ana's Bananas: -1
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: -2
23. SultANA: -2
24. NirvANA: -2
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A: -2
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: -2
28. A Is For Ana: -2
30. All About Ana: 1
32. Anamania: 1
33. fANAtics: 2

Princeza
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:44 PM
1. Ana is Love: 2
3. Fistpump Nation: -2
6. Ana Ivanovic: 2
8. Ana's Eden: 2
12. Ana's Villa: -2
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy: -2
17. The Anapolis: -1
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: -2
19. Ana's Bananas: - 722
24. NirvANA: 2
30. All About Ana: -2
31. Simply Ana: -2
32. Anamania: -2
33. fANAtics: -2

Mixo
Jul 28th, 2009, 03:20 PM
1. Ana is Love: 1
3. Fistpump Nation: 1
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy: 0
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta: 0
16. Anapolis: 1
19. Ana's Bananas: -2
21. Anamazing: 0
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: 1
33. fANAtics: 1

mure
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:16 PM
2. Chika Doo's College: 0
4. Ajde Ana: 0
5. AJDEMO!: 0
7. Ana's Place: 0
8. Ana's Eden: 0
10. Ana: 0
12. Ana's Villa: 0 *
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: 1
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: 2
25. Not AN Another girl: 0
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A: 0
28. A Is For Ana: 1
29. Ana's Ark: 0
30. All About Ana: 0
34. Puppy Power: 0

* just wanted to mention that Cypriot Ana's fans(if there are any here) won't really apreciate "Ana's villa" ..check cypriot dictonary for villa and you'll know what i mean.

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I like this method of voting, it's great and accurate IMO. :worship:

hellas719
Jul 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM
2. Chika Doo's College: 0
12. Ana's Villa: 0 *

* just wanted to mention that Cypriot Ana's fans(if there are any here) won't really apreciate "Ana's villa" ..check cypriot dictonary for villa and you'll know what i mean.

I know what it means:p

hellas719
Jul 28th, 2009, 05:15 PM
9. Ana's Garden: -1
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy: 1
24. NirvANA: 1
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: 2
28. A Is For Ana: 2
29. Ana's Ark: 1
30. All About Ana: 2
31. Simply Ana: -1

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
1. Ana is Love: -2
12. Ana's Villa: -1
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: 0
31. Simply Ana: -1
33. fANAtics: 2:)

Polikarpov
Jul 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
1. Ana is Love: 1
4. Ajde Ana: -2
19. Ana's Bananas: 2
34. Puppy Power: -1

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 28th, 2009, 07:59 PM
1. Ana is Love: +2
4. Ajde Ana: +2
5. AJDEMO!: +1
6. Ana Ivanovic: +1
16. Anapolis: -2
17. The Anapolis: -2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: -2
19. Ana's Bananas: +2
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: +1:spit:
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: -1
33. fANAtics: 0

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
1. Ana is Love: -2
4. Ajde Ana: +2
16. Anapolis: +2
17. The Anapolis: +2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: +2
33. fANAtics: -2

Curtos07
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:12 PM
10. Ana:0
12. Ana's Villa: +2
20. Banana Ana: 0
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: +1
29. Ana's Ark: +1
33. fANAtics: +1
34. Puppy Power: -1

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:20 PM
1. Ana is Love +2

3. Fistpump Nation -2

4. Ajde Ana +2

5. AJDEMO! -2

6. Ana Ivanovic +1

7. Ana's Place -2

8. Ana's Eden -1

9. Ana's Garden +2

10. Ana -2

12. Ana's Villa -2

15. Fistpump Central -1

16. Anapolis +1

17. The Anapolis -2

18. Ana's Villa of Excitement +2

19. Ana's Bananas -2

20. Banana Ana -2

21. Anamazing -2

23. SultANA -2

24. NirvANA -2

27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love +2

28. A Is For Ana -2

29. Ana's Ark -2

30. All About Ana -2

31. Simply Ana -2

32. Anamania +2 (but I'd prefer AnaManiacs:))

33. fANAtics -2

34. Puppy Power -2

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:20 PM
4. Ajde Ana: +1
12. Ana's Villa: +1
16. Anapolis: -1
20. Banana Ana: 0
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: +1
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A: +2 (I love this one now :rolls:)
33. fANAtics: -1

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Would anyone like to volunteer to be my backup counter?:)

I'd like to have a backup to make sure I've counted correctly:)

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Would anyone like to volunteer to be my backup counter?:)

I'd like to have a backup to make sure I've counted correctly:)

If you want I can help you. :)

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:36 PM
If you want I can help you. :)
Thank you:hug:

I'd like voting to end on Sunday. I think that should be more than enough time for everyone to vote don't you think:unsure:

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Thank you:hug:

I'd like voting to end on Sunday. I think that should be more than enough time for everyone to vote don't you think:unsure:

Agreed. I think it's more than enough time. :)

Balltossovic
Jul 28th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Then Sunday it is:)

Horizon
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy: +1
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta: +1
16. Anapolis: -1
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: +1
25. Not AN Another girl: -1
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: +1
28. A Is For Ana: 0
31. Simply Ana: +1
33. fANAtics: +2

Talita Kumi
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:22 PM
3. Fistpump Nation: +2
21. Anamazing: +2
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: +2 :scared:
24. NirvANA: +2
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A: +2
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: +2
32. Anamania: +2

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:35 PM
my suggestions are gaining momentum:hearts::lol:

What will happen after it's over? I suggest we delete all the names with negative votes, then all the 0 and positives go to a poll (or 2 if 1 is not enough), those polls with multiple choice (and where it's possible to see who voted). the top 2 names in this poll would go the big final poll. What do you think?

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
my suggestions are gaining momentum:hearts::lol:

What will happen after it's over? I suggest we delete all the names with negative votes, then all the 0 and positives go to a poll (or 2 if 1 is not enough), those polls with multiple choice (and where it's possible to see who voted). the top 2 names in this poll would go the big final poll. What do you think?

Sounds good to me. ;)

Reckoner
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM
EDIT - I didn't realize there was another page.

If you still want some help, I can give you a hand as well. :)

jelenacg
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM
1. Ana is Love 0
4. Ajde Ana: +1
10. Ana -2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: +1
32. Anamania: +1
33. fANAtics: +1

doni1212
Jul 29th, 2009, 03:32 AM
1. Ana is Love 0
4. Ajde Ana: -1
6. Ana Ivanovic: -2
10. Ana -2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement: +1
29. Ana's Ark: 1
31. Simply Ana: 1

luv_sweetAna
Jul 29th, 2009, 06:39 AM
3. Fistpump Nation: +1
6. Ana Ivanovic: -2
21. Anamazing: +2
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: +2
24. NirvANA: +2
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love: +2
33. fANAtics: +2

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 29th, 2009, 06:50 AM
Ana es amor :hearts:

azdaja
Jul 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
you people are rushing it, i think we could have waited for more cool ideas (posting anamania here seems to have liberated my mind, i had some other ideas since then). but it's all cool.

glad my voting system is appreciated. i will vote later today.

azdaja
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:00 PM
1. Ana is Love -2
3. Fistpump Nation -2
4. Ajde Ana 0
5. AJDEMO! -2
6. Ana Ivanovic 0
7. Ana's Place -1
8. Ana's Eden -1
9. Ana's Garden -1
10. Ana -1
12. Ana's Villa 0
15. Fistpump Central -2
16. Anapolis 2
17. The Anapolis -1
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement -2
19. Ana's Bananas 1
20. Banana Ana -2
21. Anamazing -1
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison -1
23. SultANA -2
24. NirvANA -2
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love -1
28. A Is For Ana -1
29. Ana's Ark -1
30. All About Ana 0
31. Simply Ana -1
32. Anamania 2 (well, it was my suggestion :p )
33. fANAtics 0
34. Puppy Power -2

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:16 PM
What were your ideas azdaja? Maybe there is something brilliant that everyone will fall in love with.. :p

Nikkiri
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Ana is Love- Famous and iconic phrase related to Ana, would be a great title, but maybe not everyone likes it.

Chika Doo's College- Too niche.

Fistpump Nation- Cool, but the fistpump in the title might put people off.

Ajde Ana- Too bland.

AJDEMO!- :lol: Crazy, but not appropriate.

Ana Ivanovic- Every other top player has a slogan as the title, so this isn't suitable.

Ana's Place- Too bland.

Ana's Eden- Don't get it and a bit weird.

Ana's Garden- So silly :lol:

Ana- Err, no, we can do better than this.

Ana's Villa- This one is cool and cute IMO, but maybe a bit bland.

Ana's Fistpump Frenzy- Not suitable for the forum name.

Fistpumpovic Fiesta- So silly again :lol: See above.

Fistpump Central- I suggested this, but again not really suitable.

Anapolis- Not feeling this like everyone else :confused: I guess it's ok, but it's the same as Anacity or Anatown to me :shrug:

The Anapolis- See above.

Ana's Villa of Excitement- I like :yeah:

Banana Ana- :haha: I think it would be great too :tape: I just love the randomness :lol:

Anamazing- Too kitsch.

GuantANAmo Bay Prison- I LOVE this too :lol: So insane, it will never be the winner, but :worship: to whoever came up with this.

NirvANA- Bleh.

Not AN Another girl- :confused:

ANA: Absolutely Number A- Number A? :spit: :haha:

Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love- OMG :haha: Sounds like a psychadelic brothel :rolls:

A Is For Ana- Too bland.

Ana's Ark- Don't like this at all

All About Ana- Good suggestion, makes sense, but as you can tell I prefer the crazier names that have some character :p

All of this :bowdown:

Ana's Bananas is my fave, I will try to vote later.

VIKA?
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Ana's bananas is amazing:hearts:

azdaja
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:59 PM
What were your ideas azdaja? Maybe there is something brilliant that everyone will fall in love with.. :p
lol, i still haven't made up my mind about which ones i might like myself, but the ideas are coming. i think that new proposals should be accepted if people suddenly come up with them, we can always do a second group where only these new ideas are rated in the same way as we do now. if there are any good ideas, of course since i don't think i'd take another round of voting for names like NirvANA :shrug:

Balltossovic
Jul 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
you people are rushing it, i think we could have waited for more cool ideas (posting anamania here seems to have liberated my mind, i had some other ideas since then). but it's all cool.

glad my voting system is appreciated. i will vote later today.
Sorry I don't think we're rushing. I think there's been enough time:)

But please feel free to post your new suggestions and I'll ask everyone if they want to have another mini elimination vote before official voting starts next monday:)

azdaja
Jul 29th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry I don't think we're rushing. I think there's been enough time:)
well, i'm not too bothered, but the most important part in the process is gathering suggestions and discussing them. it should have been longer than the voting periods. more time = bigger chance that someone would come up with a killer idea. but if everyone is happy it's ok. and we sure ain't gonna stop voting now.

Balltossovic
Jul 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well I certainly don't want to make anyone one feel left out. Like I said if you have more suggestions just throw them out there. Like Gaviotabr said maybe we'll love them;)

InsideOut.
Jul 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
1. Ana is Love -2
2. Chika Doo's College 0
3. Fistpump Nation -1
4. Ajde Ana -2
5. AJDEMO! -2
6. Ana Ivanovic -2
7. Ana's Place -2
8. Ana's Eden -2
9. Ana's Garden -2
10. Ana -2
12. Ana's Villa -1
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta 0
15. Fistpump Central 0
16. Anapolis 2
17. The Anapolis 2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement -1
19. Ana's Bananas 0
20. Banana Ana -2
21. Anamazing -2
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison -1
23. SultANA -2
24. NirvANA -2
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love 1
28. A Is For Ana 0
29. Ana's Ark -2
30. All About Ana -2
31. Simply Ana -2
32. Anamania 0
33. fANAtics -1
34. Puppy Power -2

Balltossovic
Jul 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM
EDIT - I didn't realize there was another page.

If you still want some help, I can give you a hand as well. :)
Thank you very much:hug:

I'll take all the help I can get:lol:

My name is Myriam by the way everyone:bigwave:

Reckoner
Jul 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Thank you very much:hug:

I'll take all the help I can get:lol:

My name is Myriam by the way everyone:bigwave:

My name is Myles. :wavey:

doni1212
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:20 AM
My name is Doni. :lol:
Seriously.

InsideOut.
Jul 30th, 2009, 02:34 AM
My name is Ben. :)

InsideOut.
Jul 30th, 2009, 02:34 AM
My name is Myles. :wavey:

I really like that name. ;)

babuska6
Jul 30th, 2009, 09:03 AM
1. Ana is Love -2
3. Fistpump Nation -1
4. Ajde Ana 2
5. AJDEMO! 0
6. Ana Ivanovic 0
7. Ana's Place -2
8. Ana's Eden -2
9. Ana's Garden -2
10. Ana -2
12. Ana's Villa -2
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy 0
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta 0
15. Fistpump Central -2
16. Anapolis -2
17. The Anapolis 0
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement -2
19. Ana's Bananas -2
20. Banana Ana -2
21. Anamazing -2
23. SultANA -2
24. NirvANA -2
28. A Is For Ana 0
29. Ana's Ark 0
30. All About Ana 2
31. Simply Ana 0
32. Anamania 0
33. fANAtics -2
34. Puppy Power -2

Lunaris
Jul 30th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Normally I don't post here but out of curiosity why do you want to change it? I think it is quite funny.
Seeing the new subforum name candidates I gotta say you are very likely to end up with a worse name than the current one. But it's your decision. :wavey:

Danči Dementia
Jul 30th, 2009, 10:07 AM
all my friends call me Ana Banana..............:sobbing:

I like it :)

Cp6uja
Jul 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Sorry, but I must say that this voting is in worst tradition of WTAWorld/TennisForum tradition. I'm not sure is we needs "negative votes" at all in nomination discussions... but for sure no sense that we are allowed to give same maximum votes to AGAINST like to FOR option :shrug: Instead -2 -1 0 1+ 2+ it should be for example -1 0 1+ 2+ 3+ with just one exclusive 5+ vote (this is all about which option people MOST like, not LESS DISLIKE... right???).

But OK if this is the vote rules, I will participate. I will give 1+ to every option which include ANA part in name with +/- 1 if I like/neutral/dislike and every option without ANA part will start with -1 with +/- 1 in terms how sound to me.

1. Ana is Love 2
3. Fistpump Nation 0
4. Ajde Ana 2
5. AJDEMO! -1
6. Ana Ivanovic 2
7. Ana's Place 1
8. Ana's Eden 0
9. Ana's Garden 1
10. Ana 2
12. Ana's Villa 1
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy 0
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta -1
15. Fistpump Central 0
16. Anapolis 2
17. The Anapolis 2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement 0
19. Ana's Bananas 0
20. Banana Ana 0
21. Anamazing 0
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison 0
23. SultANA 0
24. NirvANA 2
25. Not AN Another girl -1
26. ANA: Absolutely Number A 0
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love 0
28. A Is For Ana 1
29. Ana's Ark 1
30. All About Ana 1
31. Simply Ana 2
32. Anamania 2
33. fANAtics 0 (fANAtism 2)
34. Puppy Power -1

My English is not best, but should for option fANAtics is not more correct fANAtism or maybe fANAtismo ?

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
My English is not best, but should for option is not more correct fANAtism or maybe fANAtismo ?

fanatism has a negative conotation, doesn't it? I always associate it with bad behaviour.

azdaja
Jul 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure is we needs "negative votes" at all in nomination discussions...
if we can vote against the current name what is wrong if we vote against new name suggestions? :confused: the point is to figure out which of the proposed names are disliked since we are working towards a consensus. some names are liked by some and disliked by others. in this way such names will not gain too many votes and that's a good thing.

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry, but I must say that this voting is in worst tradition of WTAWorld/TennisForum tradition. I'm not sure is we needs "negative votes" at all in nomination discussions... but for sure no sense that we are allowed to give same maximum votes to AGAINST like to FOR option :shrug: Instead -2 -1 0 1+ 2+ it should be for example -1 0 1+ 2+ 3+ with just one exclusive 5+ vote (this is all about which option people MOST like, not LESS DISLIKE... right???).

As azdaja said, the voting process should search for a consensus. If we vote only for the names we like the most, the chosen one might be a name that draws a lot of support, but also a lot of dislike from Ana fans, which would not be seen in the normal poll. And that would not be a good change, because many people would not be happy with the name. We have to reach a consensus, chose a name that is mostly liked and that doesn't get negative reactions.

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Normally I don't post here but out of curiosity why do you want to change it? I think it is quite funny.
Seeing the new subforum name candidates I gotta say you are very likely to end up with a worse name than the current one. But it's your decision. :wavey:

I agree that there are many names much worse than Beauty and her beasts. :spit: But people have the desire to change the name for a long time now.. maybe to include Ana's name in it somehow.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM

There are always worse names, but I never liked the current name.
The nominations has some good options to get a better name.
Only a few people didn't want to change it so I guess it won't be a bad decision.

Horizon
Jul 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
My English is not best, but should for option is not more correct fANAtism or maybe fANAtismo ?
No.

Izzy is 100% right, fanatism is word that means an inability to accept opposing views. So it means close-minded, or intolerant, not positive traits.

Fanatismo is not a word at all in English.

Fanaticism is the term for being a fanatic, but why would you prefer that to fANAtics? It's longer and not very catchy.

spiritedenergy
Jul 30th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Well the purpose of all this is to eliminate the bad names and choose the good ones:rolleyes:

Balltossovic
Jul 30th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Can we keep this thread drama free please:sobbing: If you guys want to discuss stuff can we use the other thread and just keep this thread for the voting? It'll be much easier for the people counting the votes if they don't have to go through pages of other posts.

Thank you:)

Balltossovic
Jul 31st, 2009, 08:02 PM
As of Cp6uja, this is how the vote stands!

1. Ana is Love 8

3. Fistpump Nation -12

4. Ajde Ana 16

5. AJDEMO! -30

6. Ana Ivanovic 1

7. Ana's Place -39

8. Ana's Eden -39

9. Ana's Garden -40

10. Ana -29

12. Ana's Villa -9

13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy -20

14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta -27

15. Fistpump Central -27

16. Anapolis 31

17. The Anapolis 8

18. Ana's Villa of Excitement 13

19. Ana's Bananas -8

20. Banana Ana -46

21. Anamazing -31

22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison -13

23. SultANA -40

24. NirvANA -15

25. Not AN Another girl -38

26. ANA: Absolutely Number A -32

28. A Is For Ana -24

29. Ana's Ark -27

30. All About Ana -11

31. Simply Ana -14

32. Anamania 5

33. fANAtics 9

34. Puppy Power -43

Izzy, Myles what do you guys have:unsure:

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:01 PM
Izzy, Myles what do you guys have:unsure:

I have the very same results. ;)

ufff.. took me a while to count the votes.. :lol:

Balltossovic
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:17 PM
I made a spreadsheet:spit: No way I was counting all of those:tape:

Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it:hug:

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:19 PM
I made a spreadsheet:spit: No way I was counting all of those:tape:

Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it:hug:

Oh!:lol: You are so smart! :sobbing::lol:

Balltossovic
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:22 PM
:awww::hug:

InsideOut.
Aug 1st, 2009, 02:49 AM
I set a record with Chika Doo's College :worship:

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
As of Cp6uja, this is how the vote stands!

6. Ana Ivanovic -16

"Ana Ivanovic" is not my favorite option despite my suggestion that this subfourum should TEMPORARY back to that default option instead "Beauty and her Beasts" till we not find real new name. Is this 2009 version of childish/fake theory that reason why in 2008 we not change unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" is because Cp6uja insist on change, so You must "punish" Ana Ivanovic option here with about -20 votes??? BTW if You ask me "Ana Ivanovic" should not be even taken seriously like suggestion for new name because that is "NO NAME" Name/Surname option on this site and should be used just like initial (first) name or like back-up till new name for some players subforum will be chosen. So stop act like Ahminedjad and back to "Ana Ivanovic" all her votes (despite poor chances for win).

For Your information on my scale of "Acceptable" suggestions current leader "Anapolis" is on almost same level like "Ana Ivanovic" option, and way more acceptable than current "Beauty and her Beasts" which is probably worst WTAWorld/TennisForum Players Subforum Name EVER.

Here is my private "SCALE of ACCEPTABILITY":
-------------------------------------------------------------------- ACCEPTABLE:
8. Very good Name which include "Ana" part
7. Very good Name which include word with "Ana" part
6. Good Name which include "Ana" part
5. Good Name which include word with "Ana" part
4. Solid Name which include "Ana" part
3. Default/Basic Name+Surname (only example: Ana Ivanovic)
2. Solid Name which include word with "Ana" part (for example: Anapolis)
1. Very good Name which not include any "Ana" part
-----------------------------------------------------------------NOT ACCEPTABLE:
-1. Good Name which not include any "Ana" part
-2. Bad Name which include "Ana" part
-3. Bad Name which include word with "Ana" part
-4. Solid Name which not include any "Ana" part
-5. Bad Name which not include any "Ana" part (example: Beauty and her Beasts)

Balltossovic
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
First of all I didn't do anything! That is how the vote is. I didn't give Ana Ivanovic a -16! That's how people voted for the name. Since you love telling people what to do so much I'm going to tell you what to do now! STOP this obsession with changing the forum name to Ana Ivanovic until we find a new one! DESPITE the fact that you made a poll and the poll results were CLEAR that people did not want to change back to Ana Ivanovic, you are still talking about it! OMG LEAVE IT ALONE. I have tried to be nice. I've included EVERYONE in this precess. I asked for EVERYONE'S opinion. You did not make any suggestions until AFTER the time limit for everything was over so don't you dare come in here and point fingers and try to blame ME because you can't get things your way okay. You didn't make any name suggestions until after the time for suggestiing names was over! You didn't make any suggestions on how to vote until AFTER the voting method was decided. While everyone has tried to contribute you have contributed nothing but negativity. If you cannot be nice and accept that you are NOT going to get your way, I suggest you leave the people trying to accomplish something positive ALONE.

Do not bother responding to this because the above was my final post to you:)

Balltossovic
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
For the people who did not vote yet, please get your votes in. Voting will end tonight at midnight!

Ajde!:armed:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Ok, I'll vote at the very last minute. Why couldn't it be ending sunday @ midnight PST???? :p

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
I didn't give Ana Ivanovic a -16! That's how people voted for the name. Since you love telling people what to do so much I'm going to tell you what to do now!You not even pretending that all this with wrong calculation of "Ana Ivanovic" option happen accidentally and still continue with this "Cp6uja proposal will get extra -20 votes" provocation, even after I explain You that "Ana Ivanovic" is not my option for New Name (just back-up temporary solution instead "Beauty and her Beasts" till we, or if we not find new name). My favorite WTA Player has worst ever "Players Subforum Name" on this site, and that is my only motivation why I start with this initiative of Name changing previous season and supporting that same initiative this season when other people here continue with that action after forums officials (against will of big majority Ana fans) stopped that in 2008 insisting on Status Quo (current unpopular name).

I have tried to be nice.Are You Trying to Make A Fool of Me here? I'm asking You now very seriously - Are You Trying to Make A Fool of Me?
You still have time to "feel sorry" because twice make same -2x3 + -1x5 + 0x6 + 1x8 + 2x2 = -16 strange mistake and still have big problems to calculate that :rolleyes: or at least to say that it's just bad joke and no big deal at all...

Balltossovic
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Well if you found a mistake why didn't you just say so instead of acting like a jerk? You're making yourself look like a fool not me. I didn't manually count the votes I used a spreadsheet. This is the reason why I asked for back up counters just incase I made a mistake. Someone else manually counted and got the same results I did. Thank you for pointing out the error. I will count again after midnight tonight. I suggest you stop your obsession because it's truly disturbing. This is REALLY my final post to you. I've had enough. You are the ONLY one that has a problem.

Sean.
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe a bit late but 'Bubble & Squeak' would be a good name:

Bubble - Ana's nature
Squeak - To piss off all the haters!

Sean.
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
1. Ana is Love +2
3. Fistpump Nation +1
4. Ajde Ana +1
5. AJDEMO! +1
6. Ana Ivanovic 0
7. Ana's Place -2
8. Ana's Eden -2
9. Ana's Garden -2
10. Ana +1
12. Ana's Villa -2
13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy +2
14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta +2
15. Fistpump Central -1
16. Anapolis -1
17. The Anapolis -2
18. Ana's Villa of Excitement 0
19. Ana's Bananas -2
20. Banana Ana -2
21. Anamazing -2
23. SultANA -2
24. NirvANA +1
25. Not AN Another girl +2
28. A Is For Ana +1
29. Ana's Ark -2
30. All About Ana -1
31. Simply Ana -1
32. Anamania -1
33. fANAtics +1
34. Puppy Power -2

I hope I voted right :unsure:

Balltossovic
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
You did good babe;)

Balltossovic
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
6 Hours left to vote:armed:

Isha312
Aug 3rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
Whoops, been gone for a little while, looks like I made it back just in time! :)

3. Fistpump Nation: 2
7. Ana's Place: -1
19. Ana's Bananas: 1
22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison: -1
25. Not AN Another girl: -1

Balltossovic
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Voting is over!

I will double check the numbers and give you all the final tally tonight. The poll voting will start on Wednesday. I want to have at least a full 24 hours to discuss the top names before voting starts again. Izzy I know it was rough but can you double check the numbers again so there are no more controversies? I'd appreciate it!:hug:

All names that ended up with a negative vote will be eliminated. Only names with positive votes will go on to the poll. As usual the poll will be public. Non Ana fans and Ana hater votes will not be counted:wavey:

The top two names from that poll will go on to the final!

Cp6uja
Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
In some cases no mater if some options has positive results or not - they should finish like contenders after this voting. "The Anapolis" and "Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love" obviously has less support than similar "Anapolis" so every vote given to this two options in upcoming Poll will be stolen from "Anapolis". On other hand if that will be multiple choice Poll we are in dangerous to have FAKE FINAL (for example between "Anapolis" and "The Anapolis") between two variety of same proposal which have same basis of supporters.

So whatever is result of this poll in next stage should go only one of "connected" options:
Anapolis /// The Anapolis /// Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love
Ana's Villa of Excitement /// Ana's Villa
Ana's Bananas /// Banana Ana
Ana /// Simply Ana

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
In some cases no mater if some options has positive results or not - they should finish like contenders after this voting. "The Anapolis" and "Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love" obviously has less support than similar "Anapolis" so every vote given to this two options in upcoming Poll will be stolen from "Anapolis". On other hand if that will be multiple choice Poll we are in dangerous to have FAKE FINAL (for example between "Anapolis" and "The Anapolis") between two variety of same proposal which have same basis of supporters.

So whatever is result of this poll in next stage should go only one of "connected" options:
Anapolis /// The Anapolis /// Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love
Ana's Villa of Excitement /// Ana's Villa
Ana's Bananas /// Banana Ana
Ana /// Simply Ana

I disagree. I think each name has its supporters. For an example: I like Ana's Villa of Excitement, but don't like Ana's Villa at all.

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
Voting is over!

I will double check the numbers and give you all the final tally tonight. The poll voting will start on Wednesday. I want to have at least a full 24 hours to discuss the top names before voting starts again. Izzy I know it was rough but can you double check the numbers again so there are no more controversies? I'd appreciate it!:hug:

All names that ended up with a negative vote will be eliminated. Only names with positive votes will go on to the poll. As usual the poll will be public. Non Ana fans and Ana hater votes will not be counted:wavey:

The top two names from that poll will go on to the final!

I can do it tonight. :)

Reckoner
Aug 3rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
I did a count as well and most of mine were dead on. A few were off, but not more then 3 votes. Nothing enough to move one from negative to positive or vice versa.

Balltossovic
Aug 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM
Cool! Thanks guys:hug:

Cp6uja
Aug 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
1. Ana is Love 6
4. Ajde Ana 13
6. Ana Ivanovic 1
16. Anapolis 30
17. The Anapolis 9
27. Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love 1
32. Anamania 6
33. fANAtics 9
So 9 "positive" names qualify for final but I see here couple problems:

- 3 options are actually different variety of same Anapolis option (Anapolis , The Anapolis and Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love) so I suggest again that only (most popular) Anapolis should qualify.
- 2 options (Ana is Love and Ajde Ana) don't liked at all only Serbian Subforum moderator Dexter, and because official opinion of site Administrator which make changes of subforums names ("Cart") is that subforum names is in competence of local moderators, not some Polls results maybe is no sense to vote for this two option again (at least before Dexter don't give public statement that this time he will allowed change).
- Option "Ana Ivanovic" is NO NAME option (default/basic) and should be used only in back-up scenarios... not like "NEW NAME" contender.

BTW I consult now my English dictionary which help me to find some very acceptable words related to Ana, so if there be 2nd circle of suggestions i have couple new options:

Anarchy
Analisys
Anatomy
Analogy

or some connected with this words:

Total Anarchy
An a Analysis
Love's Anatomy
More than Analogy

My favorite now seems "Total Anarchy", but I'm not sure (b/c my bad english) if something sounds good to me that it really sounds good in English. I remind that if in 2008 we chose option which dominate in first week of new name nomination it will be "Poppy Love", but later majority realize weaknesses of that proposal. So if no consensus for new name, another extra week is not that bad scenario. But at end unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" MUST be replaced - if no consensus, option with biggest support will be enough good and legitimate replace!

Polikarpov
Aug 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
It might sound good, but Anarchy means lawlessness, or political/societal disorder and chaos. :lol:

дalex
Aug 3rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Do you plan to have another round before the final poll with the two most popular options? If so, then I think Srbija might be onto something. IMO, there's really no need to include The Anapolis, Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love (bad compromise really) and Ana Ivanovic for the next stage. Instead you could include Bubble & Squeak, Anarchy and perhaps An Analysis (other Srbija's suggestions don't sound good at all to me). Anyway, I'm sure you'll discuss about these things... but it looks to me that you still have too many options to go to the final stage right now. And you should have more discussion about the quality of the suggested names (i.e. talk about why sth would be good or not so good as a new name instead of just saying "I love it", "I don't like it" or "I hate it").

:wavey: from the neighboring forum,

Alex

edit. Dunno if you knew this, but you can add a poll to this thread instead of starting new one. It's in Thread Tools next to Search this Thread option - go to Add a Poll to this Thread and you know the rest.

Balltossovic
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Do you plan to have another round before the final poll with the two most popular options? If so, then I think Srbija might be onto something. IMO, there's really no need to include The Anapolis, Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love (bad compromise really) and Ana Ivanovic for the next stage. Instead you could include Bubble & Squeak, Anarchy and perhaps An Analysis (other Srbija's suggestions don't sound good at all to me). Anyway, I'm sure you'll discuss about these things... but it looks to me that you still have too many options to go to the final stage right now. And you should have more discussion about the quality of the suggested names (i.e. talk about why sth would be good or not so good as a new name instead of just saying "I love it", "I don't like it" or "I hate it").

:wavey: from the neighboring forum,

Alex

edit. Dunno if you knew this, but you can add a poll to this thread instead of starting new one. It's in Thread Tools next to Search this Thread option - go to Add a Poll to this Thread and you know the rest.
:bigwave:

Yes the round that starts Wednesday is going to give me the top two names for the Final poll. I disagree however because if you look at the results, one name stands out more than the rest (vote wise). If I put them together then the other two will have an unfair advantage. right now the plan is to get two names to go to the final, then out of those two names the top voted name will be the new forum name. If I count Anapolis, The Anapolis, and Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love together, then after the final vote, there will STILL have to be a vote on which of those three get's to be the name. That makes no sense. Anapolis got 30, The Anapolis got 9, and Anapolis:Where Ana Is Love got 1. See how the other two would get a boost from one? I prefer to count each of the names that got a positive vote seperately;)

I agree there should be more discussion that's why I'm not going to start the voting until Wednesday. However, I will ask the peeps if they want to have another mini vote on the names that were suggested after the time for suggestions was over. If they do then I will not start the vote until Friday;)

Yes I do plan on using this thread for the poll:cool:

If we do the mini vote I'm only going to use the top voted name. The poll max is ten I think and we already have nine great names that were suggested on time. ;)

~EDIT~

I'll take the top TWO names if we have the mini vote since there are two spots left;)

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:39 PM
:bigwave:

Yes the round that starts Wednesday is going to give me the top two names for the Final poll. I disagree however because if you look at the results, one name stands out more than the rest (vote wise). If I put them together then the other two will have an unfair advantage. right now the plan is to get two names to go to the final, then out of those two names the top voted name will be the new forum name. If I count Anapolis, The Anapolis, and Anapolis: Where Ana Is Love together, then after the final vote, there will STILL have to be a vote on which of those three get's to be the name. That makes no sense. Anapolis got 30, The Anapolis got 9, and Anapolis:Where Ana Is Love got 1. See how the other two would get a boost from one? I prefer to count each of the names that got a positive vote seperately;)

I agree there should be more discussion that's why I'm not going to start the voting until Wednesday. However, I will ask the peeps if they want to have another mini vote on the names that were suggested after the time for suggestions was over. If they do then I will not start the vote until Friday;)

Yes I do plan on using this thread for the poll:cool:

If we do the mini vote I'm only going to use the top voted name. The poll max is ten I think and we already have nine great names that were suggested on time. ;)

Another mini vote :lol::bigcry:
So much work :tape: Seriously thank you very much for having the time and the the will to do all of this :bowdown::bowdown:

The Daviator
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
We should just continue along as we were going, Fistpumpovic is doing a great job, we've already been discussing for weeks so a poll to decide would be good at this point :)

Balltossovic
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
THIS IS THE FINAL TALLY!!!!! ONLY THE NAMES THAT HAVE A POSITIVE VOTE WILL BE IN THE NEXT ROUND! ALL ZERO AND NEGATIVE VOTES ARE ELIMINATED!!!!

1. Ana is Love 8

3. Fistpump Nation -12

4. Ajde Ana 16

5. AJDEMO! -30

6. Ana Ivanovic 1

7. Ana's Place -39

8. Ana's Eden -39

9. Ana's Garden -40

10. Ana -29

12. Ana's Villa -9

13. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy -20

14. Fistpumpovic Fiesta -27

15. Fistpump Central -27

16. Anapolis 31

17. The Anapolis 8

19. Ana's Bananas -8

20. Banana Ana -46

21. Anamazing -31

22. GuantANAmo Bay Prison -13

23. SultANA -40

24. NirvANA -15

25. Not AN Another girl -38

26. ANA: Absolutely Number A -32

28. A Is For Ana -24

29. Ana's Ark -27

30. All About Ana -11

31. Simply Ana -14

32. Anamania 5

33. fANAtics 9

34. Puppy Power -43

Did anyone notice there was no number 11:spit:

Balltossovic
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:45 PM
Another mini vote :lol::bigcry:
So much work :tape: Seriously thank you very much for having the time and the the will to do all of this :bowdown::bowdown:
It's my pleasure:hug:

I would prefer to not have another vote:sobbing: But if you guys want it I'll do it:shrug:

I don't want people to think I'm being unfair and not giving all suggestions a chance:)

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
I didn`t :lol::lol:
But do we really need another mini vote? :tape:

Sean.
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:48 PM
Seriously, Cp6uja you are the only one that has a problem with the voting system! Can you please stop making such a fuss just because you're not getting your own way. Myr is doing an amazing job and everyone else is grateful for it, you're coming across very badly indeed by continually attacking her. If you don't like it, then you don't have to participate. It's only a name & is not going to change an awful lot so it's pointless getting so worked up about it. We should not argue here, Ana fans deal with enough bitching in GM without there being arguments here. So please cut it out.

There is no need to reply to this post :)

Balltossovic
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:55 PM
I didn`t :lol::lol:
But do we really need another mini vote? :tape:
I don't think we do. It's 3 no's so far and 0 yes's so we'll see:lol:

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
It's my pleasure:hug:

I would prefer to not have another vote:sobbing: But if you guys want it I'll do it:shrug:

I don't want people to think I'm being unfair and not giving all suggestions a chance:)

Same with me
We had 34 suggestions and now we need another vote? :rolleyes::tape:
We really don`t need it imo

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Yes: 0
No: 4

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Did anyone notice there was no number 11:spit:
11. Anarchy 2
Now it is positive :woohoo:

Seriously, Cp6uja you are the only one that has a problem with the voting system! Can you please stop making such a fuss just because you're not getting your own way...You all take too personally.

You notice that I'm complain about something but not even try to read my arguments why for example "Anapolis" and "The Anapolis" should not be together in upcoming Poll (only "Anapolis" like more popular) or why Name+Surname default form ("Ana Ivanovic" in this case) has no sense to be contender for NEW NAME, because that is NO NAME solution on this site, and should be used only like initial/first name of some subforum or just like temporary back-up till real NEW NAME will be chosen. Also so what if for example only me complain here (twice) that votes for one option is calculated very wrongly (about 20 votes mistake) if I was right...

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Two hours left to let me know if you want a mini vote or not:armed:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 02:57 AM
One more hour!

doni1212
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:02 AM
No

Reckoner
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:11 AM
A big no.

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Two hours left to let me know if you want a mini vote or not:armed:You open this thread on same day when Poll about Name-Change is closed (July 22) and after just about 5 days whole discussion and nomination process is closed and voting is started (July 28). So now when we have 8 option for final Poll (still have 2 empty places) real Question is what to do with new ideas which we have in meantime during voting process in last couple days? For example Sean give his 'Bubble & Squeak' proposal and I find in dictionary 4 words which maybe suits well for this subforum Anarchy, Analysis, Anatomy and Analogy with some also interesting variety (like Total Anarchy or An Analysis). So why not to complete full 10 option Poll with new 2 extra solutions which we will chose in next 3 days (if we disqualify "Ana Ivanovic" and/or "The Anapolis" it will be actually 3-4 empty places to complete) and finally create Poll in Friday with voting during weekend (FRI, SAT, SUN and MON)???

What this demagogic Do You Want To Have Another Mini Vote For Suggested Names? Let Me Know By 12 Tonight! question means at all? 10 days ago You put several suggestions without any criteria (see all with -30 results) but now You try to prevent any new/fresh Ideas? If New Name will not be chosen of that two extra options it still will improve "legitimation" of whole process for sure, so why You so badly trying to prevent that? Also, You still not give us very important information about 2 of 8 so far completed finalists "Ajde Ana" and "Ana is Love" - are site officials this time (unlike in 2008) will agree with change in that direction. What is point to vote for some option which is for some reasons "impossible" to be New Name of this subforum?

Sean.
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Cp6uja have you noticed you are the only one who seems to have a problem with the voting here? Everyone else is perfectly happy. :rolleyes:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:24 AM

No: 6

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Cp6uja have you noticed you are the only one who seems to have a problem with the voting here? Everyone else is perfectly happy. :rolleyes:Stop counting people and start read their arguments.

Last time You complain to me b/c "ONLY ME" complain because wrong vote results despite result are really wrong, and now You complain why I asking some extra play-off to complete final poll with new options (at least two is still empty) despite fact that YOU ALSO HAVE NEW SUGGESTION (Bubble & Squeak) for this subforum new name which is not part of previous voting circle b/c too short time for nominations/discussions in this thread.

No: 6What You actually trying to do or proof with this stupid (and demagogic) question and where is information about "Ajde Ana" and "Ana is Love" options?

Reckoner
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:32 AM
We are going about this in a democratic way. People are asked whether we should hold up and see if any other ideas come up, and thus far 6 people are fine with how it is. No one has voted that says that they would like to offer more suggestions. This isn't fascism with one person running the show.

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I was checking the results, and had pretty much the same. It's quite something counting all the votes, so maybe I can be one or two points off, but it wouldn't change the results enough to make a name negative or positive.

About the mini vote. I think that if there was a great idea, it could be included in the poll. But I honestly don't like any of the late sugestions, so I would say, IMO, it's really not necessary.

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:37 AM

No: 7

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I was checking the results, and had pretty much the same. It's quite something counting all the votes, so maybe I can be one or two points off, but it wouldn't change the results enough to make a name negative or positive.

About the mini vote. I think that if there was a great idea, it could be included in the poll. But I honestly don't like any of the late sugestions, so I would say, IMO, it's really not necessary.
Thank you for double checking Izzy!:)

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:39 AM

About the mini vote. I think that if there was a great idea, it could be included in the poll. But I honestly don't like any of the late sugestions, so I would say, IMO, it's really not necessary.Which not means that in next 2-3 days somebody will not give some better solution. Whatever be final result that extra-opportunity will just make this whole process more democratic and legitimate for sure.

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Which not means that in next 2-3 days somebody will not give some better solution. Whatever be final result that extra-opportunity will just make this whole process more democratic and legitimate for sure.

It is already very democratic as everything that is done has been aproved by the majority before. And for that it's legitimate.

Is the problem that you don't like any of the posible names?

But sure.. if someone comes up with a brilliant idea that everybody falls in love with, I guess most people would not have a problem with including it in a poll. So far it hasn't happened though.

Chill out..

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:01 AM
It is already very democratic as everything that is done has been aproved by the majority before. And for that it's legitimate.

Is the problem that you don't like any of the posible names?

But sure.. if someone comes up with a brilliant idea that everybody falls in love with, I guess most people would not have a problem with including it in a poll. So far it hasn't happened though.

Chill out..Of 8 final options all 8 is acceptable for me in general (so You are completely wrong), especially in comparison with current "Beauty and her Beasts" and none of this not sounds so badly like current so when we once chose new name it will be for ever... That's why I asking for more opportunities to find potentially better solutions. Even if we shortly after elections don't like anymore new name any of this will not even in worst case scenario be able to mobilize against self so many opponents like "Beauty and her Best" disaster name. That's why we must to be careful because cosensus obviously not exist.

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Okay Voting starts Wednesday at Midnight I'm off goodnight!

Thanks again for the help Izzy and Myles:hug:

InsideOut.
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I have no idea why there is an argument at all. :confused: We proposed names and rated them...it was s a simple process that has been complicated by long-winded arguments.

Davodus
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:44 AM
I have no idea why there is an argument at all. :confused: We proposed names and rated them...it was s a simple process that has been complicated by long-winded arguments.

exactly :shrug:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 02:14 PM
So what do you guys think about the top 8 names?:D (They're in the first post)

Sean.
Aug 4th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I like a few, but none stand out as 'Amazing'.

I know it's too late but I had another idea: The Ana Armada or Ana's Armada

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I like Ana's Armada:cool:

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
So what do you guys think about the top 8 names?:D (They're in the first post)

I think they're OK:shrug: Some are great, others not so much:lol:

4. Anapolis - my fave:hearts:

7. Anamania - Hulkamania anyone?:lol::o

8. fANAtics - I can't believe it made it into the Top8:eek::cool:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Anapolis is probaly my fave because if what it means. I love Ana Is Love and Ajde Ana too. They're just so Ana:lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I like a few, but none stand out as 'Amazing'.

I know it's too late but I had another idea: The Ana Armada or Ana's Armada

I like those.. but the spanish players' forums are called The Spanish Armada.. and I would like Ana's forum name to be more unique.

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I totally forgot about the Spanish Armada:lol:

Sean.
Aug 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
:lol: Maybe Ana's Army then?

Or 'The Ivanovic Insitute'

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
It's weird that is forbidden to discuss about new ideas (I like for example Anarchy or Total Anarchy solutions) but we are allowed to discuss after first (last?) process of nominations is closed!?

Here is my two cents about finalists:

1. Ana is Love

2. Ajde Ana

3. Ana Ivanovic

4. Anapolis

5. The Anapolis

6. Ana's Villa of Excitement

7. Anamania

8. fANAtics

From my point of view EVERY of this 8 options are way better solution for this subforum name than current "Beauty and her Beasts" without any doubt. But talking one to one about every of them, things not seems so perfect:

1. Ana is Love is local (WTAWorld/TennisForum) very popular and well recognized phrase here about Ana, and 2. Ajde Ana probably seems like "most logical" option (no need to explain why) - but this two options reach superfinal in 2008 New Name elections process and we know that forum officials vetoed change in that direction... and we don't have any confirmation that this time it will be different if one of this two wins at end. So why to waste our votes for options which is able only to be used like decorations of voting process and their eventual "win" will not have effects on this Subforum name change?

3. Ana Ivanovic - NAME+SURNAME is back-up (NO NAME) temporary option on this site and should be used only if we not find new name, not like NEW NAME solution and I don't see point to put this option in Poll about Ana Ivanovic new name FINAL SOLUTION.

4. Anapolis and 5. The Anapolis should not be together in this poll (Anapolis more deserve place in final) because that is two variety of same option. Also me (and all Serbian fans also) have one extra problem with this options because Serbian language simple not recognize any difference between Ana and Anna, between Anapolis and already existing USA city Annapolis - so for Serbs to vote for An(n)apolis is same like to vote for any other already existing Geographic term (like Anaheim or Anatolia for example) and that sounds mighty only in rare cases like "Planet Venus" case... But I understand and respect reasons why this option is popular for her non-Serbian fans.

6. Ana's Villa of Excitement to be honest sounds to me too femine. Current name sounds probably too macho which is unfair to large number of Ana female fans here, but why to go now in extremely opposite direction? But on other hand it still will be big improvement in comparison with current "Beauty and her Beasts".

8. fANAtics - I very like this... but not like subforum name. We should to use this name like unofficial name for our fan group (way better than "Beasts") - but that suits to be name of our group, not of Ana Ivanovic Players Subforum. Just imagine if Serena subforum here have name "Reetards", or Maria's have name "Mashabators"???

7. Anamania - so out of this 8 I will support and vote for this one. I don't think it's perfect, but I don't have any so big problem or complains in this case.

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I don't like Anarchy at all and I think it doesn't represent Ana. Anarchy is conected to the definition of caos, even revolution.. it could be nice to someone who was a bit of a rebel. But Ana is just not like that at all. I think the name should represent her and us.

I like The Ivanovic Institute. How come was that not an early proposal? I remeber we talked about it when we were discussing the I.D.E.M.O and that awesome sentence we had to swear. :lol:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:22 PM
The Ivanvic Institute sounds like a college:lol:

azdaja
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
i think a lot of arguments we are having now could have been avoided if the suggestion and discussion phase had been longer. now we need to discuss if want another round of suggestions etc.

i am not going to contribute to any controversy, though, which is why in the end i didn't and won't propose any new names.

7. Anamania - Hulkamania anyone?:lol::o
lol, the strongest force in the universe. it's not where the idea came from, though.

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I asked yesterday if people wanted anothe round of voting before the poll and it was 7 for no and 0 for yes. There seems to only be one person arguing though but I'm not going to get into that again.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Ana is love is one of the 8th best? I really may hope that it won't be the new name :help:

The Daviator
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
1. Ana is Love is local (WTAWorld/TennisForum) very popular and well recognized phrase here about Ana, and 2. Ajde Ana probably seems like "most logical" option (no need to explain why) - but this two options reach superfinal in 2008 New Name elections process and we know that forum officials vetoed change in that direction... and we don't have any confirmation that this time it will be different if one of this two wins at end. So why to waste our votes for options which is able only to be used like decorations of voting process and their eventual "win" will not have effects on this Subforum name change?

Those names were not vetoed, that process was vetoed as people were unhappy with it, if the majority of the forum went with either of these two then I'm sure they would be allowed.

jelenacg
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Even if we had a year to discuss all the suggestion in the world someone can come over and say what about this XXX suggestion and we can start discussing all over again :tape::tape::lol:
So i think we had more than enough time ,those 8 suggestions are just fine by me.I just don`t like fANAtics that much but if we chose that suggestion fine by me
We should focus on these 8 suggestion and forget about new ones or this voting/suggesting circle will never end :tape:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Okay I'm getting annoyed so I need to get this off my chest and this is the last time I'm going to talk about this.

When I first started this thing I did everything publicly and I've asked for everyone's opinions. I have not taken ONE decision by myself. I've always asked before something is decided. When I opened up the second thread (this one) for suggestions it clearly stated voting would start one week from the date the thread was open I also wrote "IF THAT'S ALRIGHT WITH YOU GUYS". Not one person was opposed to voting starting at the time I suggested. No one had a problem until time was almost up. Even after the time was up I asked peeps to keep suggesting if they had anything they came up with. NO ONE suggested anything until it was time to vote and during the vote:shrug: I really don't understand what more I should have done to accommodate everyone.:o

I'm willing to put this thing on hold if that is what everyone wants. But guess what? It's not. Everyone seems to want to get this over with as do I.

This is not directed at any one person I just have to say I'm trying my best and this is becoming very frustrating. I feel like I'm not getting any opposition to anything until the last possible moment but you know what? If people don't act on time then I'm sorry it's too late:shrug:

The vote will continue on schedule. We will start voting for the top 8 names at midnight tonight so please continue discussing the names. Voting will end Saturday at midnight.

The top two names will go on to the final poll. Voting for that will start Sunday at Midnight and that poll will be closed seven days later. I'm sorry if I come off rude that is not my intention. I just want to be clear. If anyone has an issue please tell me NOW before the process starts. Once we have started THAT'S IT!

Thank you:)

Davodus
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:03 PM
don't worry, I think you've done a great job organising and doing all of this :yeah: no opposition from me

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Don't worry Myr, you are doing a great job! :worship:

дalex
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Myr, you did a great job. It's normal that some people have minor complaints. That's just how these things go.

:kiss:

edit1. I just wanna tell you that IMO, if you choose to go with Anapolis you should definitely start a thread about choosing your "officials of Anapolis". Without that Anapolis isn't really that interesting. And you should come up with a cool forum description 'cos Anapolis is very simple, even for Ana's forum. :lol:

edit2. And please, for the love of God - don't vote for Ana's Villa of Excitement! Please. I don't want both SS forums to have names I came up with or had part in creating them. And it really isn't that good anyway. Thank you.

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah I plan on doing that. :secret: I'm secretly hoping it wins so i can be the official accountant:lol:

Thanks for the support guys! You may not know it but it helps:hug:

azdaja
Aug 4th, 2009, 06:37 PM
personally i am not complaining at all. i had said that the process should have been a little bit slower, but i was too slow in saying that (i probably missed the post with a proposed schedule), and i decided to get on with the program. you can't make everyone happy, generally the process is going well and i can live with these suggestions.

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I'd like to put my two cents in:bigwave:

1. There should be a poll to see if the majority want a name change (Open so no haters votes will count)

2. Once it is decided (if it is decided) that there will be a name change, there should be a suggestion thread.

3. Eliminate the least popular names. I think EVERYTHING should be done publicly no private PM's. Use polls.

4. Have a final thread with poll with the 5 most popular names and the winner will be the new forum name.

Does that make sense?:)When You take over InsideOut 2009 Name Change process You never say that whole Nomination/Suggestion/Discussions process will be long just 5 days (not even whole week). Nobody will approve that and without serious discussion no big surprise that SEVEN!!! out of Eight finalists is actually Copy/Pasted from 2008 nominations or from InsideOut initial thread where we discuss are we need or don't need name change.

But OK... we have final 8 options... all 8 is (IMO) way better than current one (at least all 8 have that very welcomed ANA part)... OK You decide to close any new discussion about eventual new options (which will complete Full Poll with 10 instead 8 options) - but in general no big difference between 8 and 10 solutions... So OK if we forget all controversial things which follow this process and if we agree that we have final-8 options... WHY YOU IGNORE TO ANSWER ON IMPORTANT QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS FINAL-8 Poll? How many time for example I must to ask You are we have this year permission from this site officials to chose any of last year superfinalists "Ajde Ana" or "Ana is Love"??? You mentioned somewhere week or two ago that You are in PM connection with only "Serbian Sensation" moderator Dexter which from some reason boycotting this process - so what is answer? Or You thinking that is not important information for us to know are some Options is allowed or not allowed to be New Name of this subforum (so why to waste our time and energy like in 2008?). And please don't cry again - just answer. I ask of You some rational and constructive questions important for this process, so don't trying to put it again on personal level just focus on arguments :shrug:

дalex
Aug 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I'm not in a PM connection with Fistpumpovic (or Dexter), but I think she (and everyone else, I think) already said she won't reply to you . It's obvious that you don't need anyone's permission to choose a new name of the forum and all the names are allowed. Don't be nasty, Srbija. :lol:

You didn't choose the name last time because result was too close and no one was that excited about going on with the process. Dexter decided to close your thread because you were starting to spam this forum and annoy people (much like now). I like this about you but I'm not an Ana fan (it would be different if you were doing this in JJ forum). :) That, and I'm still hoping this is just an act and that you're not completely serious when you talk like this. :lol:

hellas719
Aug 4th, 2009, 08:20 PM
OMG PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE NOT "Ana's Villa of Excitement" :sobbing:

In Cypriot that mean's "Ana's dick of Excitement" :o

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 08:22 PM
OMG PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE NOT "Ana's Villa of Excitement" :sobbing:

In Cypriot that mean's "Ana's dick of Excitement" :o
:spit:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
that should help deter a few voters away from supporting that name:tape:

As for Anapolis and The Anapolis, i hope the forum isnt named either of them. But id advise supporters of those names to ban together towards just one of them, or one name would steal votes from the other.
I dont understand whats with the 'The'. Nobody says:
The Indianapolis
The Minneapolis
Id advise supporters of 'The Anapolis' to vote towards 'Anapolis'

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I prefer just Anapolis too. It sounds MUCH better alone:D

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not in a PM connection with Fistpumpovic (or Dexter), but I think she (and everyone else, I think) already said she won't reply to you . It's obvious that you don't need anyone's permission to choose a new name of the forum and all the names are allowed. Don't be nasty, Srbija. :lol:

You didn't choose the name last time because result was too close and no one was that excited about going on with the process. Dexter decided to close your thread because you were starting to spam this forum and annoy people (much like now). I like this about you but I'm not an Ana fan (it would be different if you were doing this in JJ forum). :) That, and I'm still hoping this is just an act and that you're not completely serious when you talk like this. :lol:If I'm correct You running all Polls about Jelena Jankovic Subforum name where largest Poll have about 33% votes less than our 2008 final Poll. So don't be so disrespectful about our motivation to change this unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" name already last year. Don't try to explain anything about things which You simple don't know anything, but if You want to use Your real experience from this forum, than If You for example agree with Fistpumpovic that 5 days is enough for serious discussion about Name Nominations and suggestions - please explain why You give more than 55 days to JJ fans for same thing??? Are You thinking that Ana fans is way more superior?

Also don't even try to give any support to Dexter (or "explanation") for awful thing which he do last year after tied final poll result (20 votes for one option, 20 for other and just 9 votes for "against both" option). He forced us to stay with so unpopular "Beauty and her Beasts" for another season despite obvious consensus here to change that improper Name. It was easy to organize legitimate last Tie-Break poll between final two options or just to reset subforum name (to default "Ana Ivanovic") till we not chose new name later in some new process. But he insist on Status Quo with "Beauty and her Beasts" which nobody liked here and trying to explain in that time why "Ajde Ana!" and "Ana is Love" is not acceptable (and Site administrator "Cart" give him support for that). That's why I insist here on question are anything changed in 2009 about this two solutions. So If You don't have any relevant informations about this - why YOU trying to give answer :scratch:

Reckoner
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'm very happy none of the "banana" names made it through, and although there is one I don't like too much they are all great choices.

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Which one don't you like Myles?

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:10 PM
that should help deter a few voters away from supporting that name:tape:

As for Anapolis and The Anapolis, i hope the forum isnt named either of them. But id advise supporters of those names to ban together towards just one of them, or one name would steal votes from the other.
I dont understand whats with the 'The'. Nobody says:
The Indianapolis
The Minneapolis
Id advise supporters of 'The Anapolis' to vote towards 'Anapolis'No doubt that every vote for "The Anapolis" will be stolen from "Anapolis" option because that is just variety of same option. It's like we have Ajde Ana and Ajde Ana! or maybe "Fanatics" and "fANAtics" or also "Ana Ivanovic" and "Ana IVANOVIC"...etc like two different solutions. That is unfair and when I trying to start serious discussion about this problem instead (contra)arguments I must to listen some pointless Crying and "Why You complaing" song :tape::help:

BTW I'm also not supporter of this option (like probably majority of Ana Serbian fans here) and I explain why:
... Also me (and all Serbian fans also) have one extra problem with this options because Serbian language simple not recognize any difference between Ana and Anna, between Anapolis and already existing USA city Annapolis - so for Serbs to vote for An(n)apolis is same like to vote for any other already existing Geographic term (like Anaheim or Anatolia for example) and that sounds mighty only in rare cases like "Planet Venus" case... But I understand and respect reasons why this option is popular for her non-Serbian fans...

But "Anapolis" option deserve fair competition here without that unfair extra-fight with their "Twin".

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Cp6uja, seriously.. :lol: I'll tell you one thing.. I don't know any better expression to say what I think of your relentless posting than the following expression in spanish: Que pesado tio!

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:26 PM
:lol: Maybe Ana's Army then?

Wrong An(n)a: http://www.amazon.de/Annas-Army-Behind-Russian-Womens/dp/B0009WO4TC:lol:

дalex
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:27 PM
@ Cp6uja...

0. I thought we were friends? :awww:
1. When polls are not public, usually there are many more voters than when they're public.
2. You had 30+ suggestions in a week or so. Hello! We had total of 8 suggestions in less than one month of discussions and suggestions (not 55 days). We're much closer as a group and we like to chat and discuss. People were goofing around and joking with suggestions. That's why it took us so long to come up even with those 8 suggestions. :lol:
3. As long as not that many people are complaining it means that Fistpumpovic did a good job.
4. No one's fans are superior to JJ's. I mean everyone knows that. :lol:
5. It's "Kart", not "Cart". ;)
6. I'm just trying to lighten you up - you seem to be taking things too seriously. I don't want people to start arguing with you again. I'm nice dammit! :lol:

why YOU trying to give answer :scratch:

'Cos I know all the answers. ;)

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Cp6uja, seriously.. :lol: I'll tell you one thing.. I don't know any better expression to say what I think of your relentless posting than the following expression in spanish: Que pesado tio!OK if You want to talking just about Language Problems and Expressions I will ask You (not Fistpumpovic) two Language questions both connected with my previous post:

- Are Anapolis and The Anapolis is two variety of same New Name solution?
- Are Serbian language is simple not able to recognize any difference between (existing) Annapolis and (virtual) Anapolis?

If your answer is YES in both cases that means I try to talking about something serious couple hours before start of final Poll... so why You trying to prevent that discussion if that will be only helpfull for whole process? For simple chat we all will easy find some more fun place than this thread. But If Your answer is NO - it's simple not my fault because You don't know correct answer and look at my arguments just like at some trash-talking. I notice some problem and give my opinion :shrug:

@ дalex
I not have time to "Chat" with You this time, maybe some next time :wavey:. Only one 100% correct and useful of Your 1-5 replies is last one that guy which give support to Dexter to prevent "Beauty and her Beasts" name change in 2008 was Kart not Cart (we talking about site admin). All other is classic examples of so called half-truths, but I don't have time now to argue with You about all.

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM
OK if You want to talking just about Language Problems and Expressions I will ask You (not Fistpumpovic) two Language questions both connected with my previous post:

- Are Anapolis and The Anapolis is two variety of same New Name solution?
- Are Serbian language is simple not able to recognize any difference between (existing) Annapolis and (virtual) Anapolis?

If your answer is YES in both cases that means I try to talking about something serious couple hours before start of final Poll... so why You trying to prevent that discussion if that will be only helpfull for whole process? For simple chat we all will easy find some more fun place than this thread. But If Your answer is NO - it's simple not my fault because You don't know correct answer and look at my arguments just like at some trash-talking. I notice some problem and give my opinion :shrug:

Come on.. I'm not trying to prevent anything.. you can say whatever you want. I was just saying that you come across as someone who is trying too hard and that is not positive.. it tires people. You sound like you own all truth in the world, and that everybody else is wrong and that's not the case.

About Annapolis and Anapolis, it's the same.. so what? The idea is to mean Ana's city in a nicer way. There is a city in Brazil called Anapolis, as there is one in the US called Annapolis. But I don't see how that makes the name any more unworthy.

jelenacg
Aug 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
@Cp6uja
I seriously can`t beleive this affects you that much.I like Anapolis :hearts: with or without `the`
We are supposed to chose a new name and spend a few hours discussing suggestions and have a good time here and you totally ruined that for me and if i may guess for many other people here :(
I`m sure you know we don`t live in a perfect world .If you don`t like something deal with it.Don`t come here complaining and whining about every single thing you are not 5 years old :rolleyes:
Like it or not people liked the way things have been done so far.That means we will chose a new name from those 8 suggestions eventually :lol:
So you can continue complaining and whining about everything but that will not change anything and you will just lose your time .But if that is what you want fine by me :wavey:

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Come on.. I'm not trying to prevent anything.. you can say whatever you want. I was just saying that you come across as someone who is trying too hard and that is not positive.. it tires people. You sound like you own all truth in the world, and that everybody else is wrong and that's not the case.

About Annapolis and Anapolis, it's the same.. so what? The idea is to mean Ana's city in a nicer way. There is a city in Brazil called Anapolis, as there is one in the US called Annapolis. But I don't see how that makes the name any more unworthy.Dont make me wrong - but nobody here not hear about that small Brazilian Anapolis city except You (You are from Brasil). On other hand Annapolis is not so big city also, but very well-known because it is capitol of one US state and even former capitol of USA (Year or Two in XIX century, but enough to be historically important and remembered) and week or two ago for example I heard in Serbia about Annapolis (we call that city ANAPOLIS) that new NASA president was born in that city. Of course that make things different for Serbian fans about Anapolis than for international fans. If we say City of Angels that means what it means, but if we use Spanish version LOS ANGELES that have strong connection with one well-known and already existing geographic term which make confusion.

Also You not answer are "Anapolis" and "The Anapolis" is two variety of same option. If that was true we have problem! It will be unfair to put both together in final poll. That's my point and I try to talking seriously about this subject. I don't understand why You complain because my subject related posts... this is Top 8 Names In! Discuss Before Voting! Voting Starts Tonight @ 12 EST!!! thread so even if I'm wrong (and nobody actually not telling me that - just "who are you to give your opinion" complains) all my discussions is very related to subject for sure. Of course that is for example very important question Are all 8 final Poll options allowed from forum officials to be new Name and after 2008 bad experience I have all rights to ask about that and insist on answer.

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Dont make me wrong - but nobody here not hear about that small Brazilian Anapolis city except You (You are from Brasil). On other hand Annapolis is not so big city also, but very well-known because it is capitol of one US state and even former capitol of USA (Year or Two in XIX century, but enough to be historically important and remembered) and week or two ago for example I heard in Serbia about Annapolis (we call that city ANAPOLIS) that new NASA president was born in that city. Of course that make things different for Serbian fans about Anapolis than for international fans. If we say City of Angels that means what it means, but if we use Spanish version LOS ANGELES that have strong connection with one well-known and already existing geographic term which make confusion.

Also You not answer are "Anapolis" and "The Anapolis" is two variety of same option. If that was true we have problem! It will be unfair to put both together in final poll. That's my point and I try to talking seriously about this subject. I don't understand why You complain because my subject related posts... this is Top 8 Names In! Discuss Before Voting! Voting Starts Tonight @ 12 EST!!! thread so even if I'm wrong (and nobody actually not telling me that - just "who are you to give your opinion" complains) all my discussions is very related to subject for sure. Of course that is for example very important question Are all 8 final Poll options allowed from forum officials to be new Name and after 2008 bad experience I have all rights to ask about that and insist on answer.

Okay then.. Whatever you say.. :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 4th, 2009, 10:54 PM
@Cp6uja
I seriously can`t beleive this affects you that much.I like Anapolis :hearts: with or without `the`
We are supposed to chose a new name and spend a few hours discussing suggestions and have a good time here and you totally ruined that for me and if i may guess for many other people here :(
I`m sure you know we don`t live in a perfect world .If you don`t like something deal with it.Don`t come here complaining and whining about every single thing you are not 5 years old :rolleyes:
Like it or not people liked the way things have been done so far.That means we will chose a new name from those 8 suggestions eventually :lol:
So you can continue complaining and whining about everything but that will not change anything and you will just lose your time .But if that is what you want fine by me :wavey:

Hey Jelena!

I feel exactly the same way.. this should be fun and it's not. :tape:

jelenacg
Aug 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Hey Jelena!

I feel exactly the same way.. this should be fun and it's not. :tape:

Izzy :wavey:
Yes i`m having such a great time :rolleyes: :)

Cp6uja
Aug 4th, 2009, 11:09 PM
@Cp6uja
I seriously can`t beleive this affects you that much.I like Anapolis :hearts: with or without `the`But You can't vote for Anapolis and The Anapolis in same time... can't You??? So You and other (The) Anapolis supporters have serious problem, and I'm right. So please try to use more Your Brain than Your Hart when You try to answer me about this possible voting scenario:

1. Ana is Love - 7
2. Ajde Ana - 8 F
3. Ana Ivanovic - 2
4. Anapolis - 6
5. The Anapolis - 3
6. Ana's Villa of Excitement - 3
7. Anamania - 8 F
8. fANAtics - 2

Are You see or notice anything unfair or Injustice if Your favorite option will finish even out of TOP3 with Poll-results like this? :wavey:

Hey Jelena!

I feel exactly the same way.. this should be fun and it's not. :tape:Believe me... it's way better to have some troubles BEFORE start of voting than AFTER when is too late.

But I give up now and go to slip... I will never understand people which believe that
IF YOU IGNORE PROBLEM - PROBLEM IS NOT EXIST :p :wavey:

Balltossovic
Aug 4th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Almost time to vote:banana::banana::banana:

4 and 1/2 more hours:woohoo:

spiritedenergy
Aug 5th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Myriam you are doing a great job and the 8 finalists are all pretty good IMO!

I would like (maybe):
Anapolis
Subtitle: City of fANAtics or For fANAtics only...

But maybe we can decide about the subtitle later:kiss:

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Myriam you are doing a great job and the 8 finalists are all pretty good IMO!

I would like (maybe):
Anapolis
Subtitle: City of fANAtics or For fANAtics only...

But maybe we can decide about the subtitle later:kiss:
Thanks Luca:hug:
Hey I really like that Idea! Maybe even AnaManiacs:spit:

But yeah we'll talk about it more once we have our new name;):kiss:

Reckoner
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Which one don't you like Myles?

:tape:

I'm not telling.

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Okay:lol: