PDA

View Full Version : Voting For New Name On Hold Until Further Notice!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

AstuteLearner8
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I voted with two eyes closed!

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
As long as you voted:lol:

azdaja
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
i can't believe ana is love has so much support :o srsly guys, that name would officialy make us a laughing stock on this board.

The Daviator
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM
i can't believe ana is love has so much support :o srsly guys, that name would officialy make us a laughing stock on this board.

How? What's funny about the name? Even non-fans use this phrase in GM, I don't mind any of the options (Hard to choose between AIL and Ana's Villa...) but it's simple and world famous :worship:

gaviotabr
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:29 PM
How? What's funny about the name? Even non-fans use this phrase in GM, I don't mind any of the options (Hard to choose between AIL and Ana's Villa...) but it's simple and world famous :worship:

Use it making fun of Ana.. :rolleyes:

The Daviator
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Use it making fun of Ana.. :rolleyes:

Who? I've seen used as a term of endearment, also people saying "**** is love" for other players, stealing our catchphrase :speakles:

gaviotabr
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Who? I've seen used as a term of endearment, also people saying "**** is love" for other players, stealing our catchphrase :speakles:

Many people.. the most notable example being slamchamp having it in his signature.. :rolleyes:

azdaja
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM
hat0rz don't use it in a positive context and newcomers won't understand it since it is definitely not "world" famous :shrug: do people even think about these things?

The Daviator
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Many people.. the most notable example being slamchamp having it in his signature.. :rolleyes:

Well let him carry on and let people think he's a fan :angel:

hat0rz don't use it in a positive context and newcomers won't understand it since it is definitely not "world" famous :shrug: do people even think about these things?

How can it be used in a negative context? It's too simple to be a 'laughing stock', and I know it's not "world" famous, it is on here though :p

azdaja
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:03 PM
How can it be used in a negative context? It's too simple to be a 'laughing stock', and I know it's not "world" famous, it is on here though :p
it is not famous even on here, except for those who care - either fans or hat0rz.

The Daviator
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:05 PM
it is not famous even on here, except for those who care - either fans or hat0rz.

As far as Ana is concerned, it is, hence why it's even an option in the first place :shrug:

Sean.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM
To me 'Ana Is Love' is iconic & personal. It actually means something to Ana's fans rather than an entirely fabricated title chosen only because it sounds cool. If the haters take the piss I couldn't care less! :)

Craig.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Anapolis? Srsly? :o

gaviotabr
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I hate Ana is love. I find it childish and much more a way to make fun of her than to support her. If it gets chosen, I'll SO miss Beauty and her beasts. :sobbing:

Mixo
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Do u really prefer "Anapolis" to "Beauty and her Beasts"?

mure
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:19 PM
anapolis is boring,i gave it an 1 but i regret it now..I'm all for "Ana is Love"

Sean.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Does anyone actually LOVE any of the options? I'd rather not change the name unless the new name is great.

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I love Anapolis:)

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Yes:)

gaviotabr
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Does anyone actually LOVE any of the options? I'd rather not change the name unless the new name is great.

Agreed. I don't really love any..

But we can't say that, Cp6uja can have a heart attack! We just HAVE to change it, cause nothing is worse than Beauty and her beasts. :lol::help::tape:

mure
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:27 PM
i loved 'GuantANAmo' and will love it till the day i die..

by the way it sux that you can't see what others have voted for,once you have voted.Which crazy programmer came up with this option?now i have to create another account...

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Why didn't you guys say all this three weeks ago:shrug: Why did everyone wait until we got to this stage before saying anything:o

Craig.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Are you fucking kidding me? :weirdo: You gave me a bad rep cuz I gave my opinion? :lol: So what if I'm not an Ana fan, you're not supposed to comment only on things you like :weirdo: Gee whiz, it was in my subscribed threads too and I thought I'd check it out. I didn't even vote.

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
i loved 'GuantANAmo' and will love it till the day i die..

by the way it sux that you can't see what others have voted for,once you have voted.Which crazy programmer came up with this option?now i have to create another account...
Yes you can. The poll is public. Click on the numbers and you will see who voted for what:wavey:

Sean.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? :weirdo: You gave me a bad rep cuz I gave my opinion? :lol: So what if I'm not an Ana fan, you're not supposed to comment only on things you like :weirdo: Gee whiz, it was in my subscribed threads too and I thought I'd check it out. I didn't even vote.

This is Ana's Forum, for fans of Ana. You are not a fan of Ana, therefore you don't belong here!

Craig.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:34 PM
This is Ana's Forum, for fans of Ana. You are not a fan of Ana, therefore you don't belong here!

Okay fine, but that doesn't warrant a bad rep IMHO :shrug:

Sean.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:35 PM
In my oppinion it does, thus the bad rep. Hopefully, if everytime you post here I bad rep you, you'll eventually get the message!

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM
:sobbing:

Craig.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:37 PM
WOW. :help: Whatever.

Sean.
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Sorry Myr, this is nothing against you. You organised this perfectly, we just suck at chosing names :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Why didn't you guys say all this three weeks ago:shrug: Why did everyone wait until we got to this stage before saying anything:o

I'm up for the change. But there is one particular name there that I absolutely hate. If it gets chosen, then I personally will miss the name we have now.. but definitely respect the results, since the whole process has been greatly done. ;)

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Okay. I'm going to ask one more time!

DO YOU GUYS WANT TO PUT THE NAME CHANGE ON HOLD FOR MORE SUGGESTIONS??

Balltossovic
Aug 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I'm up for the change. But there is one particular name there that I absolutely hate. If it gets chosen, then I personally will miss the name we have now.. but definitely respect the results, since the whole process has been greatly done. ;)
It seems like you guys want more time though:shrug:

Sean.
Aug 6th, 2009, 12:16 AM
:lol: Maybe we should be Ana's Asylum as we are all nutters!

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 12:23 AM
This is BY FAR my favorite suggestion:sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 6th, 2009, 12:36 AM

How about sANAtarium, like the Metallica song.
:music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw :cool:

InsideOut.
Aug 6th, 2009, 03:02 AM

By far.

anapolis is boring,i gave it an 1 but i regret it now..I'm all for "Ana is Love"

Negative. Anapolis is not boring, IMO at least.

Yes. I love Anapolis. I can't wait till Izzy becomes mayor.

SOA_MC
Aug 6th, 2009, 06:18 AM

I'm with you, I'm not liking any of the poll options :sad:

Nikkiri
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Lol I hate Anapolis :(

Theres a movie called Annapolis :lol:

Nikkiri
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM

slamchamp is an idiot and should never be taken seriously :lol: besides it's in its sig to make fun of me not Ana. ;) slamchamp is obsessed with me :sad:

Cp6uja
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:24 AM
"Beauty and her Beasts" are worst players subforum name in history of WTAWorld/TennisForum!!! It actually not sounds that bad in 2006 when it is created and when Ana is Kirilenko level "beauty" player which won just one QF match during whole year. But when Ana established herself already next 2007 season like elite WTA player and "ANA" become one of most popular brands in modern (female) sport it's become totally outdated... WORST players subforum name at whole site which nobody like here. So never forget - that is main reason why Ana Ivanovic subforum will be 1st ever WTAWorld/TennisForum Players Subforum which change once created New Name... not because we find some kick-ass good solution! That means every selfish message "Lets stay Beauty-Beasts (for at least another season!) if my options not wins" is egocentric and against will of big majority Ana fans and supporters here. 50 weeks after we 1st time vote against current name and less than 5 weeks after over 90% show protest against current name somebody still asking for Status Quo and what Dexter do last year and forced us to stay with unliked name for another season. NO WAY this time!!!

So what if "Anapolis" is mediocre solution and "Ana is Love" sounds childish if both are by far better than current name??? At least both have that "ANA" part (and nobody call "Beasts"). It's just forum name and only in extreme cases (like fact that our favorite player has worst-ever forum name in history of this site) this question become important, and whatever of final 8 wins that sad story will be finally closed. BTW we have possibility using SUBTITLE in contrast to make Anapolis less boring or Ana is Love less childish. For example:

Ana is Love
Exciting place of total ANArchy with extreme fANAtics

or

Anapolis
Exciting place of total ANArchy with extreme fANAtics

(If my english again is not perfect, let's somebody construct similar thing (with offensive humor) in same direction.)

P.S.
Yesterday I was pissed because Partizan club which I (and Ana:angel:) support lose Champions League match (actually Rain killing me on that match) so I don't want to discuss here (i waste so many time on this thread, so I just present very interesting story to "Ana's articles" thread) - but from some panic reaction here which I notice (result is Ana is Love 8 and Anapolis 11 in that moment) I realize that two of final-8 options (Ana is Love and probably Ajde Ana!) here is used just for decoration and don't be allowed to be this subforum New Name (which already happen in 2008). That is unfair and make fool of all members which support that solution with theirs votes. But if that is truth (now is late to talking about reasons) and if we have in eventual Anapolis vs Ana is Love final only scenario that New name will be Anapolis or we don't have New Name again - I think "Ana is Love" supporters should give-up without fight, because "Beauty and her Beasts" to stay again is worst possible scenario :shrug:. But this is big minus for Fistpumpovic and Dexter which so many time escape to give direct and honest answer on my many time repeated question about status of "Ana is Love" option - will be there name change at all if that options wins, or nothing is changed in 2009?

azdaja
Aug 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
To me 'Ana Is Love' is iconic & personal. It actually means something to Ana's fans rather than an entirely fabricated title chosen only because it sounds cool. If the haters take the piss I couldn't care less! :)
but it doesn't mean anything to me, for example, no offence to anyone :shrug: and when people in a couple of years time join this forum they'll have no idea where it came from.

Okay. I'm going to ask one more time!

DO YOU GUYS WANT TO PUT THE NAME CHANGE ON HOLD FOR MORE SUGGESTIONS??
well, you know my opinion about the speed of the process, but i am not going to hold it now. and as you can see cp6uja is furious about it :rolls:

i don't really love any of the suggestions, not even my own, lol, but i can live with some of them. anapolis would be ok, but only if we really decide to play with it and have a mayor etc. beauty and her beasts would have been ok if we had played with it as well and other people would have understood what it means much better then.

i actually don't even know how other people think about a forum name? :confused: it can be something about ana, but i tend to think more in line with a place for ana's fans, a name for fans of ana. which is why anapolis, anamania and fANAtics make more sense to me than ana is love.

Isha312
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Was this an option? It would have TOTALLY gotten a +2!

Cp6uja
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM
well, you know my opinion about the speed of the process, but i am not going to hold it now. and as you can see cp6uja is furious about it :rolls:Actually I'm also against that NOW, because that have sense only BEFORE voting is started... and for God sake I ask only for 2-3 extra days to complete this final-8 with newest 2 (or with 4, if "Ana Ivanovic" like no name option and "The Anapolis" like Anapolis variety will be deleted from final poll like I suggested) with full 10-options Poll (that 2 we will chose in mini discussion with post-voting supporting) but I was attacked here from whole future Anapolis administration just for such constructive suggestion!? Of course that 5 days is not enough for quality discussion/nomination process so no big surprise that 7 of 8 finalist options is copy/paste from 2008 elections or InsideOut initial thread and only Your "Anamania" (which even You don't want to support with vote) is really new suggestion out of this final 8 which we got from this thread.

But OK... all 8 are still better than current one... so let's finish with this. Only unacceptable scenario for me is to stay with "Beauty and her Beasts" for another season.

In 2006 we have also just 1-2 week discussion and look what happen with that "Beauty and her Beasts" mistake.
If in 2008 we chose most popular option from 1st week of discussion it will be "Poppy Love" which is also big mistake solution (for me every option without any ANA part is wrong).

Now we have majority support for Anapolis (if "Ana is Love" not regroup somehow in final Poll) so let's do it. It is still big improvement from what we have now :shrug:. When I look at list of 15+1 members which vote so far for Anapolis - it happen just what I predict because that Language problem. Nobody of voters are from Serbia (or ex-Yugoslavia republic which also have that problem), because for our people voting to Anapolis is same like voting for historically famous USA city Annapolis, former United States capitol which is still capitol of one US State and also known like capitol of US Navy. It's like we chose existing name of some other US not unknown city like Anaheim for example... But who cares... it is still very big improvement, nobody called us "Beasts" and I don't see nothing disrespectful to Ana in Anapolis like current name maybe suggesting that she is just "Beauty" and nothing else... :shrug:

дalex
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:32 AM
OK, can I just say few more things and then I promise to stay out of Ana's forum. I'm not sure that my comments are welcomed here, but I really only want to help you out.

I don't think people understand how difficult it can be at times to run a process like this. That's why I always thought people shouldn't be as harsh to Srbija (:awww:). Imagine running this process, getting many people to vote and ending up with no name change. That sucks and you better not to the same to Myriam, ok? You had all the necessary phases to make this process a success.

Now there are some questions whether you could have discussed things more before you started to vote... It was never about the time, but about the quality of discussion. People were slow to react and instead of seeing what kind of name would fit Ana and her fans the best people just went straight to suggesting some names that never had any realistic chances of winning in the end. So, that was in a way a waste of time if you will. If you raised these questions back then, you wouldn't have this discussion right now 'cos Myriam would have taken more time to address these issues. Is it too late now? Of course not, but why would you want to go back now - it's not like any of the proposed names is disastrous?

There's nothing wrong with Anapolis and it can be fun to have an Ana City theme going on... For example someone can become Official Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis...or something else fun and senseless :lol:.

What would be wrong with:

Anapolis
A place where Ana Is Love - for the fans of always exciting Ana Ivanovic. (or sth similar)

Is Anapolis a mind blowing name? Does it have to be, really? You can always act like it's the best name ever, it's all about the attitude! Then again, maybe delusion only works for JJ fans. :lol:

Let's try to do the same with Ana Is Love. That is a truly famous line and mostly because people who don't exactly love Ana got addicted to it. There's nothing wrong with that and now, thanks to Nikkie, we're all saying that sth is love.

Ana Is Love
She is a champion, beautiful and ALWAYS exciting! Forum for the fans of Ana Ivanovic.

And the best thing is that no matter what name you choose you can still choose your officials of Anapolis. I mean we have the JJ clinic theme and that's not even our forum's name...

See? You still have good options here, so you should just keep going with this process.

:)

lilimi
Aug 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
i hate Anapolis too...

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
OK, can I just say few more things and then I promise to stay out of Ana's forum. I'm not sure that my comments are welcomed here, but I really only want to help you out.

I don't think people understand how difficult it can be at times to run a process like this. That's why I always thought people shouldn't be as harsh to Srbija (:awww:). Imagine running this process, getting many people to vote and ending up with no name change. That sucks and you better not to the same to Myriam, ok? You had all the necessary phases to make this process a success.

Now there are some questions whether you could have discussed things more before you started to vote... It was never about the time, but about the quality of discussion. People were slow to react and instead of seeing what kind of name would fit Ana and her fans the best people just went straight to suggesting some names that never had any realistic chances of winning in the end. So, that was in a way a waste of time if you will. If you raised these questions back then, you wouldn't have this discussion right now 'cos Myriam would have taken more time to address these issues. Is it too late now? Of course not, but why would you want to go back now - it's not like any of the proposed names is disastrous?

There's nothing wrong with Anapolis and it can be fun to have an Ana City theme going on... For example someone can become Official Excitement Control Officer of Anapolis...or something else fun and senseless :lol:.

Anapolis
A place where Ana Is Love - for the fans of always exciting Ana Ivanovic. (or sth similar)

Is Anapolis a mind blowing name? Does it have to be, really? You can always act like it's the best name ever, it's all about the attitude! Then again, maybe delusion only works for JJ fans. :lol:

Let's try to do the same with Ana Is Love. That is a truly famous line and mostly because people who don't exactly love Ana got addicted to it. There's nothing wrong with that and now, thanks to Nikkie, we're all saying that sth is love.

Ana Is Love
She is a champion, beautiful and ALWAYS exciting! Forum for the fans of Ana Ivanovic.

And the best thing is that no matter what name you choose you can still choose your officials of Anapolis. I mean we have the JJ clinic theme and that's not even our forum's name...

See? You still have good options here, so you should just keep going with this process.

:)
I welcome ALL your suggestions and I think that you just made the most brilliant post of this thread;)

Balltossovic
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Dexter can you please lock this thread? I'm going to open a new one for more suggestions:)

Thank you:sobbing:

azdaja
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Of course that 5 days is not enough for quality discussion/nomination process so no big surprise that 7 of 8 finalist options is copy/paste from 2008 elections or InsideOut initial thread and only Your "Anamania" (which even You don't want to support with vote) is really new suggestion out of this final 8 which we got from this thread.
i will vote for anamania, but the poll is open until saturday and i am not in a hurry about this. well, i didn't attack you for making suggestions, but i guess the way you were acting both last and this year got some people a bit tired of all that.

__________________________________________________ _____

so, we are going to make more suggestions now? if this happens i say we should make the road map which would enable us to inaugurate the new name for the us open or so with the suggestions and debate period being the longest. everything else should be as it is now.

i also kinda think that there is no need for the final poll between 2 names if a name gets more than 50% in the preliminary poll, but that's not so important.

but i repeat i do not insist on a new debate. it is quite possible that it won't produce better results.

Dexter
Aug 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Dexter can you please lock this thread? I'm going to open a new one for more suggestions:)

Thank you:sobbing:Done.