PDA

View Full Version : Monica injured again?

mishar
Sep 13th, 2002, 03:47 AM
Aquela parada no segundo set tirou um pouco meu momento no jogo", desculpou-se Seles. "Aí ela entrou em ritmo e fez um bom segundo set". A norte-americana ainda sente uma leve contusão, mas diz não estar preocupada: "É uma pequena dor, que surgiu no US Open provavelmente pelo excesso de jogos que fiz na quadra sintética, mas que terei tempo de tratar após este torneio".

I don't speak Portugese, maybe someone else can translate it properly, here's what I understand (it could be wrong):

"That break (Nagyova's injury time-out) in the second set took me a little out of my game," said Seles "Then she found her rhythym and it was a good second set." The NorthAmerican also felt a light injury, but said she is not worried. "It was a little pain, that surged in the US Open, probably from too many matches on hard court, but which I will have time to treat after this tournament."

Watch the foot Monica and go home after this tourney to get better!

anshu19
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:59 AM
i think it was nagyova who took medical time out as she coudnt see the ball properly as something was bothering her contacs...monica was fine...hope she isnt flirting with her health again and risking getting injured...rumors tht she has asked for a wildcard into TOYOTA PRINCESS CUP....! maybe she knows best!

earthcrystal
Sep 13th, 2002, 04:50 PM
I TOLD you all during the USO...

Esther told me (after the Cho match) that Monica's foot is "still not so good". She's been playing with this "light injury" for awhile now, tho this is the 1st time I've heard her admit it.

Jarrett
Sep 13th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Sounds like Monica won't be playing Tokyo! YaY! Rest and heal Monica!

mishar
Sep 13th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Yes EC -- Esther tells the truth, I'm sure Monica didn't want to say anything at the Open because it sounds like making excuses for her play. I have a feeling this foot injury is going to be around for as long as she keeps playing -- might be just a matter of how much pain she can tolerate. Hopefuly it won't keep her out of Zurich, or at least not out of LA!

oggie
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:12 PM
I think that she should have a foot surgery. She has had this problem for a long time, and I'm sure that it has taken at least a year of her tennis career.

Dawn Marie
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:29 PM
If Monica's foot is indeed painful then she needs to stop playing and wait until her foot is healed. I think her foot can be healed 100%, it's just that Monica loves tennis so much, and she has this tendency to play injured. Also credit to Eleni cause she has a scary game that can cause havoc on a power babe.

Monica stop playing until that foot in 100%.

King Lindsay
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:31 PM
Why should she have foot surgery if she doesn't need foot surgery? Aren't you "Selestials" (where have I heard that before?) jumping the gun on this injury thing?

earthcrystal
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Not that the above ^ even merits a response , but...

No one is jumping on anything. Injury thing? Do you know what a fact is? Can you read? Well, try to pay attention. The fact of the matter is that I was told face to face, one on one, by Monica's mother that her foot is "still not so good". Period. End of debate.

King Lindsay
Sep 13th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Oh, you talked to Monica's mother? Really? How is she doing?

But let me ask you. How bad can her foot be if she's still playing on it? Monica always shuts it down when she has to. I don't think she has a crippling injury if she's flying to Brazil to play a meaningless Tier III tournament. Maybe her foot is "still not so good", but does that mean it needs surgery? Perhaps, but since WE DON'T KNOW THAT, IT'S JUMPING THE GUN TO SUGGEST THAT SHE SHOULD HAVE FOOT SURGERY! Do you understand that? Can you read?

Oh, and what Final Fantasy game did you pick that name out from, HB?

earthcrystal
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:53 AM
Get some glasses, idiot. I didn't respond to the surgery discussion, I responded to " this injury thing" as you so eloquently described it.

LMAO...at your pathetic attempts to undermine my post. Too bad you're such a newbie that you haven't a clue. :rolleyes: Yes, I talked to Esther, she's doing fine, thanks very much.

Haven't a clue as to what HB means, but if you're referring to the username I've had for several years...I made it up, I preferred it to being just another *ahem* "tennisfan".

*ec slaps her forehead, having just remembered that there's a lovely ignore feature on these boards*

~RedRose~
Sep 14th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by earthcrystal
Get some glasses, idiot. I didn't respond to the surgery discussion, I responded to " this injury thing" as you so eloquently described it.

LMAO...at your pathetic attempts to undermine my post. Too bad you're such a newbie that you haven't a clue. :rolleyes: Yes, I talked to Esther, she's doing fine, thanks very much.

Haven't a clue as to what HB means, but if you're referring to the username I've had for several years...I made it up, I preferred it to being just another *ahem* "tennisfan".

*ec slaps her forehead, having just remembered that there's a lovely ignore feature on these boards*

Dont be so mean earth crystal ... He already has 37 posts!! ;)

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Oh right, "Earthcrystal" is such an innovative, mysterious name. Good thing you didn't take the generic road like I did.

So when did you talk to Esther? Do you guys have coffee with the Pope and Jim Morrison? Do you hang out a lot? You moron.

Well, since I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SURGERY DISCUSSION, maybe you should've been too. LMAO at your pathetic attempts to pick apart my post. Get some glasses, idiot!

/TF333 slaps his forehead, remembering that arguing with a Seles fan is like arguing with a brick wall, except that the brick wall has more intelligent things to say as well as a better grip on reality.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 01:03 AM
Hey Yoshi. I've been on the Internet discussing tennis in messages boards like these for years. I'm not a newbie at all. That I only have 37 posts in this forum just shows how much i think of the quality of discussion that takes place here.

earthcrystal
Sep 14th, 2002, 04:48 AM
tennisfan666-- can't you do any better than that? Parroting me? How terribly original.

You're calling me a moron? http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/cwm/cwm/cwm27.gifLet me catch my breath...Oh, that's rich! Especially in light of what an ass you're making of yourself with your less-than-veiled insinuations.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but Jim Morrison is dead. And I've no desire to have coffee with the pope. But here's a ticket for a clue bus...I've known Monica for 5 years & was introduced to Esther a couple of years ago. I ran into her on the grounds of the USO. We chatted for a couple of minutes, which is when I asked her how Monica's foot was. I know, it's hard for some little pimply-faced nobody like you to imagine, but some of us actually know these people.

How sweet of you re: the innovative, mysterious comment...I always thought it was pretty simple. As an environmentalist, I care about the earth, and my name is Crystal. But then, simple things confound simple minds.

Btw, if this is an example of your idea of "quality" contributions... feel free to go back to the message boards you've "visited for years". Trust me, you won't be missed here.

AjdeNate!
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Just to stick up for EC - she has been here for a helluva a lot longer than you....and her reputation far supercedes anything that you've showed us thus far. And, yes she did talk to Esther at the US Open a few short days ago. So, unless you know...you have no idea.

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:19 AM
TF333, it's not Heavyblow. But who are you?

Becool
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:27 AM
It says a little injury.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Heavyblow? Who or what is that? Or do I want to know?

JIM MORRISON IS DEAD?!?! REALLY?!!?!?! WHO KNEW?!?! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!! NEXT YOU'LL TELL ME ELVIS HAS DIED TOO!!!

Really Earthcrystal, I don't want to fight, I just like having a little fun with the Monica fans. I'm sure you know Monica, I'm sure you and her momma are tighter than two peas in a pod. But just so you know, I do not have pimply-skin, nor did I ever. Insult my intelligence if you must, but my skin/skincare? I resent that, good sir.

Btw, would you believe me if I told you that my name is "Fan333" and I just happen to like tennis and that's the origin of my username?

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Econimica?

AjdeNate!
Sep 14th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Econimica = The Economics of Monica Seles' winnings...presently approximately $M15 ;)

King Aaron
Sep 14th, 2002, 08:09 AM
lol!! :)

:mad: I hope Monica waits for her foot to be fully healed. there's no use in rushing

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:08 AM
There's something so familiar about you Hurley, I just can't figure out what it is. Were you ever a fan of FAGS in another time? :-)

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:11 PM
All the time! :D

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:14 PM
1731 posts .... *shakes his head* You're a double agent.

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Come now. That's only like 4 posts a day.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Yeah, for like, a year. HAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'RE A MODERATOR!

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:45 PM
It figures that you have to undermine me immediately. :)

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Well I'M not going to ban you for it...it is my first day on the job. But I assure you it will be reported by someone and then I'll have to sit you down and give you a stern talking-to.

It's like I'm Bill Clinton just moving into the White House and here comes half-brother Roger to ruin everything.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Yeah well, in the end, Bill pardons Roger, absolving him of everything. Then they both talk of Zurich, so it was all fine.

And you know if I didn't undermine you, somebody else would've. :-)

Okay, I'll delete. You know how much I hate to offend anybody.

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Eh, it probably would never have been seen. ;)

Well! I cannot wait to talk of Zurich. It has everyone except Venus.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Even still, you know how touchy some moderators can be? I don't want to nme any names, but ... rhymes with Mooooolie.

Zurich will be so much fun! If Monica pulls out (cuz you know she's having foot surgery, eh?), then it'll be perfect!

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:35 PM
All of the moderators are wonderful!

I remember when you were a hardcore Seles fan, TF333. Can I change your name? I can do that, you know.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:46 PM
I notice you moved to Washington DC in the last few minutes.

To what? Selesfan333?

I love Monica!!!!

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:55 PM
I decided to update my profile and make it, you know, accurate.

Selesfan333 it is!

Justin
Sep 14th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Brasil is a tier II, not a III. But, I think that she should not have played here in either case. Her days of thinking that she can stroll into a tier II injured, however slightly, and win the thing are over.

Anyway, it will be a sad day if and when heavyblow drags his usual posture of annoyance and unparalleled irritation to this board.

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Justin :wavey:

Hurley
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Actually, Heavyblow used to post infrequently on the old Sanex board...and perhaps even here.

Justin
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:21 PM
They seem to be giving out moderator passes like they are candy these days.

:kiss: to the newest, and most handsome, moderator

CJ07
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:27 PM
Well Monica isnt playing untill La so i hope she'll be ready to go then

Jarrett
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:29 PM
She is playing Zurich.

King Lindsay
Sep 14th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Wait .. you live in Washington DC now? Dear God, I didn't know.

Brazil is a Tier IIA. So I hear, anyway.

I would trade Heavyblow for Earthcrystal. Cuz you see, her name is Crystal, and she likes the Earth. Come back, Heavy! All is forgiven!

disposablehero
Sep 15th, 2002, 01:13 AM
tennisfan333, since you seem to be the resident genius here, would you please explain to us how "fracture surgery" works?

King Lindsay
Sep 15th, 2002, 12:20 PM
I'd love to, but I really don't got the time, donchaknowit?

Can you explain the meaning of life to me?