PDA

View Full Version : Adam & Eve..(anovic)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Golovinjured.
Jul 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Adam Scott and Ana Ivanovic. Are they together?

Saucy. :hehehe:

I read in one of Australia's tabloid mags yesterday that Scott went to all of Ivanovic's Wimbledon matches, I think in one of the photos he was sitting next to her mum. :eek:

Then they were having some fun in the sun @ the beach. :hearts:

http://mojportal.hr/var/mojportal/storage/images/moj_portal/portal/zvijezde/ana_ivanovic_i_adam_scott_u_ljubavnoj_vezi_srbijan ska_tenisacica_i_australski_igrac_golfa_prijatelji _i_poslovni_suradnici_kampanja_proizvodaca_satova_ rolex/666158-1-cro-HR/ana_ivanovic_i_adam_scott_u_ljubavnoj_vezi_srbijan ska_tenisacica_i_australski_igrac_golfa_prijatelji _i_poslovni_suradnici_kampanja_proizvodaca_satova_ rolex_tabfull.jpg

R THEY ON?

Horizon
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Yes. This was established a while ago, I think ;)

In her picture thread there are even pictures of Ana in Scotland at the moment, watching Adam play golf ;) They are clearly together :hearts:

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Sexy couple. Adam Scott is hot, I get to drool over billboards of him all up the Qld coastline. :drool:

Nikkiri
Jul 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
:drool: Adam Scott

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Indeed :worship: :hearts:

Ana's done well for herself.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Adam & Ana totally made it to GM already:hearts:

Curtos07
Jul 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Adam & Ana totally made it to GM already:hearts:

Surprised it took this long to make it to GM. :lol:

Temperenka
Jul 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
:haha: at the name of the thread.

:worship:

Ana only deserves the best. :)

lilimi
Jul 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
title thread :)

Danči Dementia
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
http://img.timeinc.net/golf/i/tours/2007/11/nov_scott06_299x407.jpg

:inlove:

Ana :hehehe:

spiritedenergy
Jul 11th, 2009, 02:45 AM
great title:lol:

Ananko.
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Anadam :hearts:

jelenacg
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Adam is playing his next tournament tomorrow right ?
I guess we will see if Ana is still in Scotland :rolleyes:
Our golf channel is broadcasting this tournament,so i might watch a little bit of golf tomorrow :cuckoo:
:topic:
Since we have this tread i guess we can use it for anything related with Ana and Adam :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Adam is playing his next tournament tomorrow right ?
I guess we will see if Ana is still in Scotland :rolleyes:
Our golf channel is broadcasting this tournament,so i might watch a little bit of golf tomorrow :cuckoo:
:topic:
Since we have this tread i guess we can use it for anything related with Ana and Adam :lol:

:lol:

Well.. I don't know.. there are a lot of pictures from the practice rounds since monday, and Ana wasn't there. There are quite a few pics of Cris Evert and other players wives who were there with them, and also some Adam pics, but no Ana.. I guess we will know for sure tomorrow, but I'm thinking she might have gone some place to start her preparations for the hard court season.

jelenacg
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Well.. I don't know.. there are a lot of pictures from the practice rounds since monday, and Ana wasn't there. There are quite a few pics of Cris Evert and other players wives who were there with them, and also some Adam pics, but no Ana.. I guess we will know for sure tomorrow, but I'm thinking she might have gone some place to start her preparations for the hard court season.

I like that :bounce: and i hope it`s true

gaviotabr
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:41 PM
I like that :bounce: and i hope it`s true

Me too, it's time.. :lol: And I've checked his web, his next tournament is the same week as LA. So they would still have 2 weeks to see each other. :p

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I hope she's practisinghttp://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/austinrhea/Emoticons/prayers.gif

But speaking of Ana and Adam...
What is their official name?

Adna?
Adana?
Andam?
Anam?

Any ideas?:scratch:

jelenacg
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Me too, it's time.. :lol: And I've checked his web, his next tournament is the same week as LA. So they would still have 2 weeks to see each other. :p

I searched some information about him :lol:
He was supposed to play some tournament in April i think but instead he went to Mallorca to visit Ana and they played golf :lol: His fans weren`t very happy about this (with a good reason):lol::lol:
He is very talented but he had some issues with the pressure,also some knee injures (like Ana :rolleyes: )

gaviotabr
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I searched some information about him :lol:
He was supposed to play some tournament in April i think but instead he went to Mallorca to visit Ana and they played golf :lol: His fans weren`t very happy about this (with a good reason):lol::lol:
He is very talented but he had some issues with the pressure,also some knee injures (like Ana :rolleyes: )

Yes, I did the same.. If you read some articles about him, you get the sense he is kind of the male Ana.. :lol::lol::lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:01 AM
alright, someone set me straight on the timeline and the facts of all this gossip, because i wasnt really paying attention before.;)
The pics of them prancing around in the ocean are from around the AO, right?
Then we have Nadal instructing Ana on the putting green:tape: when were those? And whats the deal with Ana and Nadal, anyway? Are they just friends?
Then this golfer boyfriend re-appears when hes spotted in the Wimbledon box, correct?
And what is the timeline on the Fernando relationship, i wasnt paying attention to that either.:tape: i know he was at the YEC, thats about all i remember other than a whole bunch of pics in the photo thread.
I guess i should stay better informed on all this:lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Yes, I did the same.. If you read some articles about him, you get the sense he is kind of the male Ana.. :lol::lol::lol:

OMG i thought the same :eek::eek:
Pressure,knee injury,people think he is very nice and good guy,they love his smile and he has his own foundation to help children, like a male Ana indeed :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:16 AM
alright, someone set me straight on the timeline and the facts of all this gossip, because i wasnt really paying attention before.;)
Then we have Nadal instructing Ana on the putting green:tape: when were those? And whats the deal with Ana and Nadal, anyway? Are they just friends?
Then this golfer boyfriend re-appears when hes spotted in the Wimbledon box, correct?
And what is the timeline on the Fernando relationship, i wasnt paying attention to that either.:tape: i know he was at the YEC, thats about all i remember other than a whole bunch of pics in the photo thread.

Nando and Ana met at the US Open. Then we had those pics from Beijing and the Great Wall and everyone began speculating about them. They later confirmed it and we saw pics of him in her box at the YEC and the two of them out and about almost everywhere (Airport, football (soccer) games, shopping, practise court, with fam) and so on...

Then at the beginning of the year we had pictures of Adam and Ana on the beach (I think before Brisbane) and during Brisbane Ana and Nando broke up.

After the Australian Open Ana "was seen" with Adam in Australia, but it were only rumors, without pics!

During the Miami tournament Ana and Rafa went golfing together and I think they later went golfing on Mallorca. They're just friends though. They hung out last year already, but I think there's nothing more to it.

Ana also went golfing with Adam (maybe that's her thing:lol:), though I don't think there were any pics and nobody gave it a second thought.

And the Adam showed up for Wimbledon and Ana returned the favor for the Scottish Open.

That's all I know:)

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:19 AM
The pics of them prancing around in the ocean are from around the AO, right? Yes
Then we have Nadal instructing Ana on the putting green:tape: when were those? And whats the deal with Ana and Nadal, anyway? Are they just friends? They did that for promoting tournament in Miami ,they are just friends Nadal has a long time girlfriend
Then this golfer boyfriend re-appears when hes spotted in the Wimbledon box, correct? Yes,but apparently those rumors we had in April about them spendig some time in Mallorca were true
My guess they broke up before Brisbane but they didn`t want to talk about that bc during AO they weren`t together
Yes :lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Nando and Ana met at the US Open. Then we had those pics from Beijing and the Great Wall and everyone began speculating about them. They later confirmed it and we saw pics of him in her box at the YEC and the two of them out and about almost everywhere (Airport, football (soccer) games, shopping, practise court, with fam) and so on...

Then at the beginning of the year we had pictures of Adam and Ana on the beach (I think before Brisbane) and during Brisbane Ana and Nando broke up.

After the Australian Open Ana "was seen" with Adam in Australia, but it were only rumors, without pics!

During the Miami tournament Ana and Rafa went golfing together and I think they later went golfing on Mallorca. They're just friends though. They hung out last year already, but I think there's nothing more to it.

Ana also went golfing with Adam (maybe that's her thing:lol:), though I don't think there were any pics and nobody gave it a second thought.

And the Adam showed up for Wimbledon and Ana returned the favor for the Scottish Open.

That's all I know:)

Okay,, thanks:lol: I guess i had most of it already. Almost as much drama as an Ivanovic/Jankovic match.:eek: And i was thinking maybe the golf must be Ana's thing as well.:lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:25 AM

Oh Jonny, where is your love for all things gossip? :lol:

Ok.. I'm going to try to draw a time line with the things we know.. there are plenty we have no idea though... :lol:

US Open 2008 - Ana and Fernando get together (according to him they met more personally at an adidas dinner).

China Open 2008 - First pics of Ana and Fernando.

Doha 2008 - Fernando is spotted at Ana's box at the YEC.

November/December 2008 - Ana and Fernando attend 2 Real Madrid soccer matches, are pictured together in Mallorca, Madrid and Ferrol (Galícia) in Spain, including pics with his family.

January 2009 - Before Brisbane we get to see pics of Ana at the beach in Noosa with Adam Scott. We later on learn that she broke up with Verdasco. The reason cited is that Ana wanted to focus on tennis.
*As a side note, Adam Scott had a fling with actress Kate Hudson around January 15th. They spent a week in Hawaii and were pictured at the beach, at a dinner and at a hotel. He said they didn't have any romantic relationship and were just "friends".. yeah right.. :lol:

March 2009 - Ana and Rafa did a promo for the Sony Ericsson Open in a golf course in Miami. They are good friends, and Ana has stated that they have met more than once in Mallorca.

April 2009 - Ana and Adam Scott go golfing together in Mallorca.

June 2009 - Adam attends Ana's matches at Wimbledon. She declines to comment on that, he does the same.

July 2009 - Ana attends Adam's golf tournament in Scotland.

I'm so gossipy.. :p

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM

I think that was false.. at least they way the rumour was stated. They said they had been seen together after the men's final at AO, but Ana was in Serbia by then.

There are pics.. one pic of Ana and one of Adam in the same golf course. Not together though.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:35 AM
OMG i thought the same :eek::eek:
Pressure,knee injury,people think he is very nice and good guy,they love his smile and he has his own foundation to help children, like a male Ana indeed :lol:

Yes.. and also he was considered the next dominant force.. and then that he was too nice to win. There was an article I read a while back that I remember thinking he was totally the male Ana. :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I think that was false.. at least they way the rumour was stated. They said they had been seen together after the men's final at AO, but Ana was in Serbia by then.

There are pics.. one pic of Ana and one of Adam in the same golf course. Not together though.. :lol:

Ok... I really wasn't sure:lol:

There was a pic:eek: I can't remember:scratch: I go and try to find it:wavey::bolt:

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Yes.. and also he was considered the next dominant force.. and then that he was too nice to win. There was an article I read a while back that I remember thinking he was totally the male Ana. :lol:

They are so made for each other. :lol: :hearts:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:46 AM

Really :scratch::scratch: i don`t think i saw that picture,when was that

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Ok... I really wasn't sure:lol:

There was a pic:eek: I can't remember:scratch: I go and try to find it:wavey::bolt:

http://www.fbgolf.com/imagenes_noticias/F2347.jpg

http://www.fbgolf.com/imagenes_noticias/F2348.jpg

http://www.fbgolf.com/noticia.php?Codnot=1829&Codimg_al=2348

:lol::cool::p

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Oh Jonny, where is your love for all things gossip? :lol:

Ok.. I'm going to try to draw a time line with the things we know.. there are plenty we have no idea though... :lol:

Great timeline Izzy:worship::worship: I think ive got it all now:yeah:
How about earlier? Anyone else before Fernando that is known about?

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Great timeline Izzy:worship::worship: I think ive got it all now:yeah:
How about earlier? Anyone else before Fernando that is known about?

I don't think so.. Actually there was an interview to a german newspaper around the French Open this year, and Ana is asked about Fernando. She goes on to say something like she learned from the relationship, that it was all new for her, she had never had a relationship this way.. This article is on the articles thread.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:54 AM

Did you have it bookmarked?:lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:56 AM

Oh Ana :lol::lol:
She definitely kept her word that she will not repeat the mistake she did with Fernando(about paparazzi and everything)We learned about this relationship when Ana and Adam decided it was time :worship:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Did you have it bookmarked?:lol:

No, I just googled it. But I remembered where I had seen it. ;)

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I don't think so.. Actually there was an interview to a german newspaper around the French Open this year, and Ana is asked about Fernando. She goes on to say something like she learned from the relationship, that it was all new for her, she had never had a relationship this way.. This article is on the articles thread.

Is that the article that wan`t translated on english ?
Well that is true :) none of her previous relationships wasn`t that public but she also wan`t that popular and known back then

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I just found out that tomorrow is Adam Scott's birthday. I wonder if that will play into Ana's decision on whether she shows up to Turnberry or not.

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Is that the article that wan`t translated on english ?
Well that is true :) none of her previous relationships wasn`t that public but she also wan`t that popular and known back then

Yes, I think I posted it in german. I used google translator... :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I just found out that tomorrow is Adam Scott's birthday. I wonder if that will play into Ana's decision on whether she shows up to Turnberry or not.

I don't know.. if she decided that it's time to resume practice, then I don't think so. If she was still there, wouldn't she be with him while he practices as well? Because she wasn't.

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:14 AM

I know,i guess we will know tomorrow

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I don't know.. if she decided that it's time to resume practice, then I don't think so. If she was still there, wouldn't she be with him while he practices as well? Because she wasn't.

Maybe she was practicing on the tennis court while he was practicing on the golf course, and she just shows up to the tournament. :shrug: I don't know if there is a good place for her to practive there, though.

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Maybe she was practicing on the tennis court while he was practicing on the golf course, and she just shows up to the tournament. :shrug: I don't know if there is a good place for her to practive there, though.

Well.. we will see tomorrow. It has been cold and raining there the past few days.. hardly good conditions for tennis.. :help:

And Ana should go practice with either Sven or Cahill, not alone.. :sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Maybe they're there, but are just as bored by golfing as we are:yawn::shrug::lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:27 AM

Yeah, thats what i was wondering. Im sure there are plenty of places to practice, i mean these golf courses are country clubs, theres probably plenty of tennis courts and facilities around for conditioning. But she needs a hitting partner at least.
well, its not really relevant i guess, but just a reminder that in 2007 right before LA she had the knee issue then, and couldnt start practicing until one week before the LA tournament...and she still felt discomfort the week before. But she was at another level back then.

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Well.. we will see tomorrow. It has been cold and raining there the past few days.. hardly good conditions for tennis.. :help:

If she is still there tomorrow we can only hope Scot B. is there also so she can work on her fitness :rolleyes: i`m almost sure she didn`t practice tennis alone in Scotland

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Yeah, thats what i was wondering. Im sure there are plenty of places to practice, i mean these golf courses are country clubs, theres probably plenty of tennis courts and facilities around for conditioning. But she needs a hitting partner at least.
well, its not really relevant i guess, but just a reminder that in 2007 right before LA she had the knee issue then, and couldnt start practicing until one week before the LA tournament...and she still felt discomfort the week before. But she was at another level back then.

Yes.. back then she had come from the most consistently good stretch of her career (Amelia Island SF, Charleston QF, Berlin W, RG F, Rosmalen QF, Wimbledon SF), had her confidence sky high and was playing great tennis. Ana had 12 aces or so against Jankovic in the semis and ended the final with an ace as well. Her serve was clicking, her forehand was awesome. It's not like she needed all the preparation in the world, like she does now. She has so much to work on her game to get it back on track, she needs to be with a coach and practicing with a plan, not alone.

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:36 AM
If she is still there tomorrow we can only hope Scot B. is there also so she can work on her fitness :rolleyes: i`m almost sure she didn`t practice tennis alone in Scotland

I think she didn't practice at all the past couple of weeks, which is what I expected her to do, even without the injury.. but now is time to resume training. Well.. I guess we will just see what happens tomorrow. If she is there, I guess Scott will be as well.. Ana is responsable.. she would at least start out her physical training.

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Yes.. back then she had come from the most consistently good stretch of her career (Amelia Island SF, Charleston QF, Berlin W, RG F, Rosmalen QF, Wimbledon SF), had her confidence sky high and was playing great tennis. Ana had 12 aces or so against Jankovic in the semis and ended the final with an ace as well. Her serve was clicking, her forehand was awesome. It's not like she needed all the preparation in the world, like she does now. She has so much to work on her game to get it back on track, she needs to be with a coach and practicing with a plan, not alone.

Well said, Ana move your butt to the tennis court ASAP :(
It`s not like he is turning 18,why do you even want to celebrate that you getting older :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Well said, Ana move your butt to the tennis court ASAP :(
It`s not like he is turning 18,why do you even want to celebrate that you getting older :lol:

So true! :lol:

Besides.. he will play at 7 am. tomorrow! Talk about waking up early! :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:46 AM

So true! :lol:

Besides.. he will play at 7 am. tomorrow! Talk about waking up early! :lol:

7 am :lol: so you have to wake up in 5 am or something to be on time there :lol:
Our coverage starts at 10 am

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Izzy, if youre in medschool, you better get used to much worse than 7 am!:lol: I have to be up at 6:30am tomorrow:sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Izzy, if youre in medschool, you better get used to much worse than 7 am!:lol: I have to be up at 6:30am tomorrow:sobbing:

Oh.. I was talking about Ana.. I wake up at 6 am everyday.. :lol: I've finished Med school already, but when I was at that there were days I didn't sleep at all, working in the hospital.. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Oh.. I was talking about Ana.. I wake up at 6 am everyday.. :lol: I've finished Med school already, but when I was at that there were days I didn't sleep at all, working in the hospital.. :lol:

So you are a morning person :sobbing: i hate waking up before 10 am ,so 6 am is like a mission impossible to me :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:05 AM
So you are a morning person :sobbing: i hate waking up before 10 am ,so 6 am is like a mission impossible to me :lol:

I'm an all day person.. :lol: I don't really like sleeping. I think it comes from spending a whole bunch of nights without sleeping during my time at Med school. I wake up naturally.. at 6 am. :lol: Doesn't matter if I went to sleep 9 pm or 3 am. :lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:06 AM
well for the money this guy makes to play golf, id wake up at whatever time they want me to. Why didnt i take up golf in highschool:rolleyes:
Is this guy a big star in golf? I mean he looks like a handsome man, im sure hes quite famous for that, but i listen to sport radio a lot and had never heard of him before this relationship to Ana.

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:12 AM
I'm an all day person.. :lol: I don't really like sleeping. I think it comes from spending a whole bunch of nights without sleeping during my time at Med school. I wake up naturally.. at 6 am. :lol: Doesn't matter if I went to sleep 9 pm or 3 am. :lol:

well for the money this guy makes to play golf, id wake up at whatever time they want me to. Why didnt i take up golf in highschool:rolleyes:
Is this guy a big star in golf? I mean he looks like a handsome man, im sure hes quite famous for that, but i listen to sport radio a lot and had never heard of him before this relationship to Ana.

He was # 3 so i geuss he is,i don`t follow golf so i`m guessing :lol:

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:13 AM

He is one of the better known names in the golf world. He was considered one of the top and upcoming players on the PGA tour a couple of years ago, even as a possible rival to Tiger Woods one day but he has kind of fallen off a bit the past 18 months. But he's talented and still has a lot of potential. Just hasn't quite lived up to it yet.

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:15 AM

Well.. from what I've read, It seems that when he was coming up on the golf scene he was often compared to Tiger Woods, and considered to be the next dominant force. Then he was the youngest winner at a tournament (The Players Championships) which seems to be considered the 5th major.. but he hasn't yet won a major, and is up there on those lists of best players never to win a major. He got as far as number 3 in the world. So I would say he is a famous golfer.. :shrug:

I had never ever heard of him until his relationship with Ana either, but then again golf is the most boring sport in the history of the world for me. :lol: I only knew Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus, mostly because of video games.. :lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:18 AM
He is one of the better known names in the golf world. He was considered one of the top and upcoming players on the PGA tour a couple of years ago, even as a possible rival to Tiger Woods one day but he has kind of fallen off a bit the past 18 months. But he's talented and still has a lot of potential. Just hasn't quite lived up to it yet.

hmm. well, maybe they mention him a lot and its just his name then. Its not a very memorable name for someone that doesnt follow the sport.
Hopefully the relationship is one without too much distraction to Ana's tennis, and i hope it goes well.:couple:

See you all later, i need to get off my computer now:wavey:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:21 AM
hmm. well, maybe they mention him a lot and its just his name then. Its not a very memorable name for someone that doesnt follow the sport.
Hopefully the relationship is one without too much distraction to Ana's tennis, and i hope it goes well.:couple:

See you all later, i need to get off my computer now:wavey:

Good night Jonny! :wavey:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Well.. from what I've read, It seems that when he was coming up on the golf scene he was often compared to Tiger Woods, and considered to be the next dominant force. Then he was the youngest winner at a tournament (The Players Championships) which seems to be considered the 5th major.. but he hasn't yet won a major, and is up there on those lists of best players never to win a major. He got as far as number 3 in the world. So I would say he is a famous golfer.. :shrug:

I had never ever heard of him until his relationship with Ana either, but then again golf is the most boring sport in the history of the world for me. :lol: I only knew Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus, mostly because of video games.. :lol:

So Ana >> Scott :lol::lol:
I only heard of Tiger Woods

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:25 AM
So Ana >> Scott :lol::lol:
I only heard of Tiger Woods

There was an article last week that had something like: "Ivanovic leads Scott 1-0 in major tournaments wins." :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:40 AM

There was an article last week that had something like: "Ivanovic leads Scott 1-0 in major tournaments wins." :lol:

:lol::lol:
Btw Scott in serbian means something like asswhole/rogue :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:46 AM

Really? :lol:

And to think Ana is surrounded by Scotts, literally, no serbian meaning. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Really? :lol:

And to think Ana is surrounded by Scotts, literally, no serbian meaning. :lol:

My brother actually when he heard she is dating Adam Scott said what`s with her and all these assholes :lol::lol: (he didn`t meant it in a bad way obviously but it just souds/pronounces like that in Serbian :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 03:01 AM
My brother actually when he heard she is dating Adam Scott said what`s with her and all these assholes :lol::lol: (he didn`t meant it in a bad way obviously but it just souds/pronounces like that in Serbian :lol:

I wonder if that has ever crossed Ana's mind! :lol:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 16th, 2009, 03:01 AM

:spit::spit::rolls:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 03:10 AM

I wonder if that has ever crossed Ana's mind! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
On a bright side we don`t use that word often,i mean we have better words when we want to describe or insult someone :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 03:46 AM
I was looking for it and finally found it.. the article I read on Adam that first made me think of him as sort of a male Ana.. :lol:

http://www.golfweek.com/story/adam-scott-profile-022809

Midge.
Jul 16th, 2009, 10:56 AM
She's there... :)
Photos up on Getty.

I think she's taking pictures in one of them. No she's not, thats her sunglasses. :lol:

On a sidenote, get a hair cut Adam. You are much hotter with shorter hair. :(

Mixo
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
¬¬'

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
:worship:Photographer:worship:

¬¬

Mixo, edit you post.. Getty pictures are not allowed in the forum. I left this same pic without watermarks at the picture thread... replace it with that one, or I think a mod might delete you post.

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
She's there... :)
Photos up on Getty.

I think she's taking pictures in one of them. No she's not, thats her sunglasses. :lol:

On a sidenote, get a hair cut Adam. You are much hotter with shorter hair. :(

True, he should definitely get a hair cut.

Mixo
Jul 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks gaviota

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:06 PM
I've just seen a couple of pictures of Ana in Zermatt, Switzerland, July 4th, in someone's orkut. Actually it's Ana and four teenage boys all proud of the picture! :lol:

Is Zermatt close to where Adam has his house in Switzerland? It's not particularly close to Basel..

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:14 PM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2473/swiss2s.jpg

Adam has a house in Crans Montana. Well.. a lot closer than Basel.. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM

:rolls::rolls:

mure
Jul 16th, 2009, 02:21 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0716/pga_g_watson2_288v.jpg

that's the ehm "guy" who leads this open for the moment..

poor Ana,seems like she'll have to watch boring golf and support Adam for many many many years to come...At least she won't have to play as Ana Scott after she marries him,for the reasons Jelena explained..

BrofUJu
Jul 16th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Ana seems so bored there, its kind of hilarious. Can't say I blame her :P Really hope she gets back on the court after this week though, she needs to make sure her fitness is good to go for the gruelling hard court season coming up.

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2009, 08:34 PM

You really are on top of things. :lol:

Curtos07
Jul 16th, 2009, 08:57 PM

poor Ana,seems like she'll have to watch boring golf and support Adam for many many many years to come...At least she won't have to play as Ana Scott after she marries him,for the reasons Jelena explained..

That's Tom Watson, he was one of the top players of the 1970's and 1980's. So if Ana ever marries Adam Scott we may be seeing a lot of her on the golf course for decades to come. :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 16th, 2009, 09:07 PM

So close to Italy!!! Does Adam live in Switzerland???

gaviotabr
Jul 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
So close to Italy!!! Does Adam live in Switzerland???

From what I've read, he has houses in London, Crans Montana (Switzerland) and close to Brisbane. His house in Switzerland is his official residence.. probably for taxes purposes.. like with Ana.

spiritedenergy
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:00 AM
From what I've read, he has houses in London, Crans Montana (Switzerland) and close to Brisbane. His house in Switzerland is his official residence.. probably for taxes purposes.. like with Ana.

That's why Ana went to play Brisbane:o:lol::p

Izzy you also said that Ana was with Adam in the off-season... I'm more and more convinced that this slump is due to men:o

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:09 AM

Izzy you also said that Ana was with Adam in the off-season... I'm more and more convinced that this slump is due to men:o

Which off-season? The november-december of last year was a mess... I'm sure if she at least had a tennis coach with her things wouldn't be so bad at Australia.

Ana's slump dates back to this time last year, so it's much more than that.. I do think she might have lost some of her drive. Once a commentator for ESPN Brazil said that it was one thing to practice 5 hours a day with your priority being tennis and with a plan, and another to practice 5 hours a day without a true plan and with a mess in your head.. Ana just might be a victim of the last one.

She has said that she was thinking too much about tennis, and that would take energy away from her. Maybe she went from one extreme to the other. Eventually she will have to learn to manage her relationships so it won't affect her tennis game.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I've just seen a couple of pictures of Ana in Zermatt, Switzerland, July 4th, in someone's orkut. Actually it's Ana and four teenage boys all proud of the picture! :lol:

Is Zermatt close to where Adam has his house in Switzerland? It's not particularly close to Basel..

Nice map, Izzy.:lol:
im missing the point though:o...what is the significance of Ana being in a Zermatt orkut with the teenage boys?:confused::p
Also...what the heck is an orkut?:help:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Nice map, Izzy.:lol:
im missing the point though:o...what is the significance of Ana being in a Zermatt orkut with the teenage boys?:confused::p
Also...what the heck is an orkut?:help:

The point being that she was in a city quite far from Basel, but close to where Adam has a home.. they were probably together.. It's nothing really.. I was just saying..

Orkut is the precursor of facebook.. it's about the same.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Orkut is the precursor of facebook.. it's about the same.

Oh, okay.:lol: I was thinking an orkut was a gazebo or a treehouse or something.:lol: :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Oh, okay.:lol: I was thinking an orkut was a gazebo or a treehouse or something.:lol: :tape:

:lol::lol::lol:

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 12:38 AM

Sure you can lose focus when you are in love but that horrible game she was playing at AO is bc she didn`t have a coach with her not bc of the boyfriend
She was completely lost on court :help:
As we could see at Wimbledon she was focused most of time and Adam was there so it`s like Izzy said she will have to find the right balance

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM
From the BBC live coverage:

Here's Ana Ivanovic's chap, Adam Scott. Terrible Open record, and it's not getting any better - five over, although if it was a toss-up between being holed up in a Scottish cabin with Ivanovic for the weekend and playing 36 holes of golf, I know what I'd choose.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8154988.stm

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
From the BBC live coverage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8154988.stm

So is he playing during the weekend or not?

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
So is he playing during the weekend or not?

It's not official yet, as there are people still playing. But every article I've seen says that he will miss the cut, and not play during the weekend.

I guess that might be the reason Ana was so serious in the pics, with Adam playing a bad round...

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 07:49 PM
It's not official yet, as there are people still playing. But every article I've seen says that he will miss the cut, and not play during the weekend.

I guess that might be the reason Ana was so serious in the pics, with Adam playing a bad round...

Great no Ana watching golf for the weekend ,sorry Adam :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Great no Ana watching golf for the weekend ,sorry Adam :lol:

Poor guy.. I'm sure he is totally disappointed. He can take solace from the fact that a lot of big names have also sucked in this tournament. :help:

I hope Ana is okay and ready to go practice hard the next couple of weeks. I really want her to do well in the hard court season.

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM

Poor guy.. I'm sure he is totally disappointed. He can take solace from the fact that a lot of big names have also sucked in this tournament. :help:

I hope Ana is okay and ready to go practice hard the next couple of weeks. I really want her to do well in the hard court season.

:bounce::bounce: i like that :)
Sorry Adam :hug: at least he has Ana to comfort him ;):lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM
:bounce::bounce: i like that :)
Sorry Adam :hug: at least he has Ana to comfort him ;):lol:

True.. :lol:

Look, from another article:

An inquiry about the Aussie Adam Scott, one time number three in the world. He's on +4 after 12, and as it stands will miss out on two more day's golf. Could be deliberate, as then he'd get to spend more time with his new lady, tennis star Ana Ivanovic.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2009/0717/open.html

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
True.. :lol:

Look, from another article:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2009/0717/open.html

In every single article they mention Ana :worship::lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM
In every single article they mention Ana :worship::lol:

Well.. now we won't see Ana on the weekend... or the next couple of weeks I guess.. I miss watching Ana play... play well that is.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:19 PM

Well.. now we won't see Ana on the weekend... or the next couple of weeks I guess.. I miss watching Ana play... play well that is.. :sobbing:

Maybe she will write a new diary talking about the preparation and Adam is also writting a blog so at least i hope we will find out where she is :angel:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe she will write a new diary talking about the preparation and Adam is also writting a blog so at least i hope we will find out where she is :angel:

I don't really relie on Ana writting a blog and much less saying where she is on it.. :lol: Adam does write a blog a week, so we can expect him to say something about where he is... but sometimes he is very vague... saying he is in Europe.. :lol: Isn't Europe big? :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:41 PM

I don't really relie on Ana writting a blog and much less saying where she is on it.. :lol: Adam does write a blog a week, so we can expect him to say something about where he is... but sometimes he is very vague... saying he is in Europe.. :lol: Isn't Europe big? :lol:

So we can expect something like `I`m in USA :) `
What do you mean i want her to write a blog :( and why not mention Scotland jk :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:47 PM
So we can expect something like `I`m in USA :) `

:lol: That would already be nice.. :lol:

What do you mean i want her to write a blog :( and why not mention Scotland jk :lol:

I also want Ana to write another diary entry. Come on Ana, be nice and make our wish come true! :lol: She will probably say something like.. "I've watched some golf this past couple of weeks, it's so exciting!" :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:55 PM

I also want Ana to write another diary entry. Come on Ana, be nice and make our with come true! :lol: She will probably say something like.. "I've watched some golf this past couple of weeks, it's so exciting!" :lol:

Golf and exiting in the same sentence :haha:
I would be very surprised if she mention golf,Scotland maybe :lol:
As long as she writes that she practiced for two weeks i`m happy :angel:

gaviotabr
Jul 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Golf and exiting in the same sentence :haha:
I would be very surprised if she mention golf,Scotland maybe :lol:
As long as she writes that she practiced for two weeks i`m happy :angel:

Yes.. I hope she talks about her preparation. :)

InsideOut.
Jul 18th, 2009, 02:46 AM

I also want Ana to write another diary entry. Come on Ana, be nice and make our wish come true! :lol: She will probably say something like.. "I've watched some golf this past couple of weeks, it's so exciting!" :lol:

Or...

"I've been watching a lot of golf recently, and it's been so inspiring! I think I could learn a lot from a golf swing, it's so similar to a forehand in tennis!" :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Found this on a golf blog! :lol:

Fairway love

"What is it about Australian golfers and tennis girls?"

So asked a Scottish lady at the back of the fifth green today, with a slight tone of reproach in her voice.

She was referring to the Greg Norman-Chris Evert and Adam Scott-Ana Ivanovic combinations which made for compelling viewing for fathers and sons on the first morning.

The dads were treated to the sight of the lady many of them spent the 70s and 80s fantasising about; whose apple pie looks had won her so much support in her battles against the more robust Martina Navratilova.

For the sons there was the chance to see in the flesh the girl they had hitherto only seen in the pages of FHM.

It all made for some great entertainment amongst the galleries.

Ivanovic's progress along the fairways, in particular, had a sort of Mexican Wave effect as male after male turned his head, waited for her to pass, and then raised his eyebrows and smiled to the previous man in line.

One fellow was so concerned with giving the appearance of not looking at her that he stumbled into a signpost (his wife saw what he did, why he did it and didn't like either).

For the ladies there was the opportunity to compare and contrast the fashions of the two tennis stars.

According to two girls in the stand at the back of the seventh green, Ivanovic won hands down with her leggings, flowery dress and leather jacket.

Evert went for a more practical look wearing sports gear.

Her clothes reflected her approach to following her husband's round - she was clearly switched on to the nuances of the game, very involved with his score and there was little chat between her and the two men accompanying her (perhaps because Greg was struggling).

Everything was very curt and matter of fact.

The Serbian, on the other hand, was relaxed, chatting away with her boyfriend's parents, clapping politely if necessary and smiling shyly when passers-by said hello.

Given that Evert was looking a little tense it is just as well she wasn't around to hear an exchange between two boys and their father.

The boys were agog at the prettiness of the Bambi-like Ivanovic but when their father explained that Chris Evert had been the Ivanovic of her era, they were astonished.

"But dad," they gasped, "she's ancient."

http://www.golf365.com/tournaments/story/0,25713,16399_5420354,00.html

gaviotabr
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
WAGS

Most of this week the men of the Open Championship gallery have been falling over themselves (literally in one or two cases) to stand next to Ana Ivanovic.

It would have to be, they must have thought, one of the most blissful moments of their week.

From the same blog. :lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
:hearts: Ana :worship:

I want to see that scene :rolls:

jelenacg
Jul 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM
One fellow was so concerned with giving the appearance of not looking at her that he stumbled into a signpost (his wife saw what he did, why he did it and didn't like either

:haha::haha:
Poor woman,men :rolleyes:

InsideOut.
Jul 18th, 2009, 04:07 PM
You can't blame them Jelena. It is the one and only Ana Ivanovic they were trying to look at after all. :worship:

jelenacg
Jul 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
You can't blame them Jelena. It is the one and only Ana Ivanovic they were trying to look at after all. :worship:

:lol: i don`t blame them :angel:

gaviotabr
Jul 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM

Grandpa lead the tournament until the last hole of the last round. I just saw it on the news.. Unfortunately he went for a difficult birdie instead of just trying to hit on par, which was all he needed to win. His ball got far away from the hole and he ended up with a boogey. He had to play a play off and was just too tired.. ended with a 2nd position finish... pity.. still a great effort from a 60 year old.

Golfers are all rich.. not only do they earn a lot each tournament, they can play and win forever. :lol:

If Ana and Adam last, we can see Ana carrying her grandchildren around the golf course.. :lol::lol::lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 20th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Grandpa lead the tournament until the last hole of the last round. I just saw it on the news.. Unfortunately he went for a difficult birdie instead of just trying to hit on par, which was all he needed to win. His ball got far away from the hole and he ended up with a boogey. He had to play a play off and was just too tired.. ended with a 2nd position finish... pity.. still a great effort from a 60 year old.

Golfers are all rich.. not only do they earn a lot each tournament, they can play and win forever. :lol:

If Ana and Adam last, we can see Ana carrying her grandchildren around the golf course.. :lol::lol::lol:

60 years old?:eek: I would love to looks so good and elegant at 60 years old:worship:

jelenacg
Jul 20th, 2009, 12:34 AM

60 years old :worship:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 20th, 2009, 01:07 AM
its a pretty cool story, but the fact he lost though, thats tough! Probably more so for those around him. If he was 30 then he could say, well theres always next time. But hes 60!! He was putting for it all!!:eek: And now, that chance isnt likely to come again. He probably came to the realization long ago he never would get his major, i just wonder how a 60 year old man will reflect on it in the coming days. Good job to him though:worship::worship:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 20th, 2009, 01:22 AM
actually, i just read he won 8 majors a long time back.:o
Still though, pretty cool story with a sad end. Ana can say she was there.

Stevecw
Jul 20th, 2009, 02:32 AM
actually, i just read he won 8 majors a long time back.:o
Still though, pretty cool story with a sad end. Ana can say she was there.

Yeah we already has won 5 British Opens...but think most of those were back in the 70's!!
He did great, and i was really hoping he'd win it.

Sad the way it ended for him :sad:

As for Ana well she can only wish that Adam will be even half a successful as Old Tom (if they stay together) If not she won't care at all then!! :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:02 AM
There is a poll at Tennisweek.com to chose WTA's hottest couple.. :lol: Ana and Adam are an option.. :lol:

http://blog.tennisweek.com/?p=627

jelenacg
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM
Poll about that :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:37 AM
There is a poll at Tennisweek.com to chose WTA's hottest couple.. :lol: Ana and Adam are an option.. :lol:

http://blog.tennisweek.com/?p=627

I voted:lol:

Sharapova and her boyfriend... are they really a couple? They are not seen much around...

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:52 AM
Jaime Foxx and Serena was the WTA's hottest tennis couple:inlove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COs6v_cux04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5FBT6Fr_s&feature=related

Isha312
Jul 22nd, 2009, 04:45 AM
Jaime Foxx and Serena was the WTA's hottest tennis couple:inlove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COs6v_cux04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE5FBT6Fr_s&feature=related

:lol: I remember this. It was classic!

Nikkiri
Jul 22nd, 2009, 06:12 AM
I voted Kirileev :inlove: sorry :lol:

Ksenia.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
I voted for both Ana and Kiri :lol:

Nikkiri
Jul 22nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
Oh I didn't notice you could vote for 2 :lol:

Kiri and Ana def get my vote for hottest couple though :p :inlove:

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
Adam has his new blog up, and he says he is in Europe. I'm really hoping that serbian article is right and Ana is in Las Vegas practicing. :unsure: She needs to practice with a coach.. :sobbing:

Ksenia.
Jul 23rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Las Vegas? :scratch:

Curtos07
Jul 23rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
Las Vegas? :scratch:

That's where the Adidas Players Development Program is based.

Curtos07
Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Blic had a little mini article on Ana and Adam. Nothing really new. It said that they met while shooting a commercial for Rolex while Ana was in Australia.

http://www.blic.rs/culture.php?id=4871

jelenacg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:01 PM
Blic had a little mini article on Ana and Adam. Nothing really new. It said that they met while shooting a commercial for Rolex while Ana was in Australia.

http://www.blic.rs/culture.php?id=4871

And the title Everything about Ana`s handsome golfer :lol::lol:
So Adam is in Europe,Ana you better be in Vegas ;)

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
are you all really worried she will forget to go practice?:lol: Shes been a pro for 6 years. Im sure shes got some kind of idea when its time to prepare for a tournament:unsure: Well, ill give her the benefit of doubt.;)

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
are you all really worried she will forget to go practice?:lol: Shes been a pro for 6 years. Im sure shes got some kind of idea when its time to prepare for a tournament:unsure: Well, ill give her the benefit of doubt.;)

No Jonny.. it's not about that. I'm pretty sure she is practicing, wherever she is. The thing is, she needs to practice with a tennis coach.. I'm actually more afraid of her practicing alone and picking up bad habits, since there is nobody to tell her if she is doing things right or wrong, than her not practicing at all. It's not like her game is in top condition.. she has a lot to work on and a lot to improve, and she needs someone to help her with that. I think this was the whole problem during the off season.. but anyway.. Sven wrote in his last blog that they determined a plan for Ana's preparation for the hard court season, and they are probably all following it.. we will see the results soon.. :shrug:

jelenacg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:02 PM
No Jonny.. it's not about that. I'm pretty sure she is practicing, wherever she is. The thing is, she needs to practice with a tennis coach.. I'm actually more afraid of her practicing alone and picking up bad habits, since there is nobody to tell her if she is doing things right or wrong, than her not practicing at all. It's not like her game is in top condition.. she has a lot to work on and a lot to improve, and she needs someone to help her with that. I think this was the whole problem during the off season.. but anyway.. Sven wrote in his last blog that they determined a plan for Ana's preparation for the hard court season, and they are probably all following it.. we will see the results soon.. :shrug:

My thoughts exactly thank you Izzy :worship:
That ball toss would never become so bad if she worked with someone during off season
As i said Ana better be in Vegas to work with Cahill on many things so we can finally gain some points during summer :bounce:

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
My thoughts exactly thank you Izzy :worship:
That ball toss would never become so bad if she worked with someone during off season
As i said Ana better be in Vegas to work with Cahill on many things so we can finally gain some points during summer :bounce:

Hi Jelena! :wavey:

I also hope she is with Darren in Las Vegas.. I'm having doubts though.. that bit of news we got from Matt Cronin, saying that she would go to LA a week before the tournament to work with Cahill seemed to imply, to me, that they would be working together there, not before. But I guess we will see.. I suppose before LA Ana will write a diary entry and maybe talk a bit about her preparations.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM

I think the main thing that can help for improvement now will be more match play. They always talk aobut things being good in practice for her, then on the court another story. She really hasnt played too many matches this year at all. Ive got some confidence for LosAngeles the way shes played recently. I think if she can just string together some good matches early in the season, and get some early confidence, we'll be in for a good season.

jelenacg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:23 PM
I really don`t see any good reason for her not to be in Vegas :( Work with Sven and Cahill helped her a lot imo and i saw many improvements during Wimbledon
As for the match play she always can enter some MM tournamnet but no she hates those tournament :rolleyes: JJ is playing Stanford next week and Dinara some tournament this week,Ana could do the same

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
I think the main thing that can help for improvement now will be more match play. They always talk aobut things being good in practice for her, then on the court another story. She really hasnt played too many matches this year at all. Ive got some confidence for LosAngeles the way shes played recently. I think if she can just string together some good matches early in the season, and get some early confidence, we'll be in for a good season.

I hope you are right.. the thing is.. she will only get more match play if she starts to win more matches, and that's only going to happen if she plays better in actual matches, gets her head (and toss) together and stops choking double breaks up in the third.. and I think some work with a coach can help her with that.. and working all alone brings me some doubt. But as I said, we will have to wait and see...

I'm not that confident about her play, as you seem to be though. I think she has played decent tennis lately, at least in the matches I saw.. And I saw a fight I haven't seen in ages from her in the first round of Wimbledon. But she hasn't played all that well either.. certainly not enough to beat the better players. I was watching yesterday some parts of Ana's match against Dementieva in Dubai last year, and even being a match she ended up losing, her whole game looked so much better than now. More depth, more pace and more consistency in her shots.. She has a lot to work on to be able to at least return to that level, and working with a tennis coach who can bring her confidence up and improve her technique should help on that.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
I really don`t see any good reason for her not to be in Vegas :( Work with Sven and Cahill helped her a lot imo and i saw many improvements during Wimbledon
As for the match play she always can enter some MM tournamnet but no she hates those tournament :rolleyes: JJ is playing Stanford next week and Dinara some tournament this week,Ana could do the same

Ive been watching a lot of Caroline this year since she seems to be everywhere, and wondered the same thing aobut why Ana doesnt pick up more tournaments.

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM

I also think the work with Sven and Cahill for those 2 weeks, during Eastbourne and Wimbledon, helped her game. A 2 week preparation period with Cahill in Las Vegas would only serve her good.

Ana couldn't play Stanford. The top players have to spread themselves between LA and Stanford. And according to TBE, the restrictions for top 10 players take into account the rankings at the end of 2008, so Ana is still considered a top 10 for that. I agree that she could add a MM tournament.. I guess she will add one in the fall.. :shrug:

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Ive been watching a lot of Caroline this year since she seems to be everywhere, and wondered the same thing aobut why Ana doesnt pick up more tournaments.

Ana has never been a tournament hogger.. :lol: But she could have added a few tournaments, especially seeing that she was not playing too much and needed the match play. She couldn't get too many tournaments, because she can only add one MM each semester. But she could have played Sydney.. Stuttgart.. I guess she can add some tournament in the fall..

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'm not that confident about her play, as you seem to be though. I think she has played decent tennis lately, at least in the matches I saw.. And I saw a fight I haven't seen in ages from her in the first round of Wimbledon. But she hasn't played all that well either.. certainly not enough to beat the better players. I was watching yesterday some parts of Ana's match against Dementieva in Dubai last year, and even being a match she ended up losing, her whole game looked so much better than now. More depth, more pace and more consistency in her shots.. She has a lot to work on to be able to at least return to that level, and working with a tennis coach who can bring her confidence up and improve her technique should help on that.

Its definitely not where it used to be, but it was only a few months ago that she had no idea where her serve would go, she had no comand over a forehand, backhand, or anything. Id say the same as you, shes played 'decent' recently. Compared to that other Ana we saw playing (in Indian Wells:rolleyes:), shes made huge improvements. Then a match like the Azarenka match you wonder what the heck shes doing out there:confused:
I dont know Izzy, im not going to get depressed before hardcourts even starts!:p I dont want to hear the negativity, its going to be good!!:bounce:
I'll be in Cincinnati for my first event. So it better be good.:(

jelenacg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM

:lol::lol: she only played 16 tournaments ;)

I also think the work with Sven and Cahill for those 2 weeks, during Eastbourne and Wimbledon, helped her game. A 2 week preparation period with Cahill in Las Vegas would only serve her good.

Ana couldn't play Stanford. The top players have to spread themselves between LA and Stanford. And according to TBE, the restrictions for top 10 players take into account the rankings at the end of 2008, so Ana is still considered a top 10 for that. I agree that she could add a MM tournament.. I guess she will add one in the fall.. :shrug:

I wouldn`t bet on that :lol:
It`s all about the confidence,she just needs to work hard(with a coach) and she will feel better on court and the results will come

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
:lol::lol: she only played 16 tournaments ;)

:lol: I feel like i watched all 16
Actually, ive got a match i can watch tonight that i downloaded last night before i went to sleep from t3nnis.tv.
http://t3nnis.tv/details.php?id=3341
Sure enough, its Caroline in Bastad:shrug::lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Its definitely not where it used to be, but it was only a few months ago that she had no idea where her serve would go, she had no comand over a forehand, backhand, or anything. Id say the same as you, shes played 'decent' recently. Compared to that other Ana we saw playing (in Indian Wells:rolleyes:), shes made huge improvements. Then a match like the Azarenka match you wonder what the heck shes doing out there:confused:
I dont know Izzy, im not going to get depressed before hardcourts even starts!:p I dont want to hear the negativity, its going to be good!!:bounce:
I'll be in Cincinnati for my first event. So it better be good.:(

Oh! You will get to see her! Really nice Jonny! You have to tell us everything! :p

I guess we have to wait and see.. hopefully she will have some nice tournaments during the summer. She just might be in Las Vegas practicing as well and this whole discussion being pointless.. :lol: I don't know, maybe we will have info on her preparations next week. :)

I just think I shouldn't watch any more of Ana's old matches.. :sobbing: She can play SOOOOO much better than now, and seeing how good she was in the first half of last year just makes me clueless about why she is playing so below her level now.

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
Actually, ive got a match i can watch tonight that i downloaded last night before i went to sleep from t3nnis.tv.

Oh.. she didn't really play well in Bastad. I watched most of the matches.. the final was hilarious. MJMS would drop shot return every Caro serve and she would just go mad. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
I wouldn`t bet on that :lol:
It`s all about the confidence,she just needs to work hard(with a coach) and she will feel better on court and the results will come

Yes.. work with someone who can push her and teach her and make her a better player. If she feels she is truly improving she will also show that confidence in matches.

I also hope Ana has some luck.. she has been getting some :help: draws lately as well. She needs all the help from the tennis gods she can get! :sobbing::lol:

jelenacg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:47 PM

:lol: I don`t watch any tennis matches between Wimbledon and US open series.I`m resting from tennis

Oh! You will get to see her! Really nice Jonny! You have to tell us everything! :p

I guess we have to wait and see.. hopefully she will have some nice tournaments during the summer. She just might be in Las Vegas practicing as well and this whole discussion being pointless.. :lol: I don't know, maybe we will have info on her preparations next week. :)

I just think I shouldn't watch any more of Ana's old matches.. :sobbing: She can play SOOOOO much better than now, and seeing how good she was in the first half of last year just makes me clueless about why she is playing so below her level now.

I don`t understand how you can watch her old matches ,it`s too painful :sad:
But i`m a very patient person and i know she will eventually come to her old level :)

jelenacg
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Oh.. she didn't really play well in Bastad. I watched most of the matches.. the final was hilarious. MJMS would drop shot return every Caro serve and she would just go mad. :lol:

:lol::lol: now i want to see that match
Girl has some talent but she is not a top 10 player imo just like JJ was not a #1.Its good to be consistent but what JJ and Caro do is just insane :rolleyes:

Curtos07
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:57 PM
I have no doubt that Ana is in Las Vegas. Didn't one of the Serbian papers said she was going a few days ago? :shrug: Does Gavin travel with her? Because they been updating her homepage late in the evening this past week and maybe that's because they're in Vegas. Usually they updated it earlier in the day.

spiritedenergy
Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
I hope you are right.. the thing is.. she will only get more match play if she starts to win more matches, and that's only going to happen if she plays better in actual matches, gets her head (and toss) together and stops choking double breaks up in the third.. and I think some work with a coach can help her with that.. and working all alone brings me some doubt. But as I said, we will have to wait and see...

I was recalling that match too... It was great match really, such heavy hitting from both, athletic:worship: I'd love for Ana to come back to that level of play and stay there... it doesn't matter if she will lose or anything, at least play to your potential and not this crap:o

jelenacg
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:12 AM
I have no doubt that Ana is in Las Vegas. Didn't one of the Serbian papers said she was going a few days ago? :shrug: Does Gavin travel with her? Because they been updating her homepage late in the evening this past week and maybe that's because they're in Vegas. Usually they updated it earlier in the day.

Really,i didn`t know that :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:48 AM

That has nothing to do with where Ana is. It's not even Gavin the one who actually does the updating on her web.

I do hope the serbian article was right.. but it's not a very well known web, and they might just have picked up stuff from the web.. speculation from fans.

Which is not to say she isn't there.. I hope she is, and practicing well.

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I was recalling that match too... It was great match really, such heavy hitting from both, athletic:worship: I'd love for Ana to come back to that level of play and stay there... it doesn't matter if she will lose or anything, at least play to your potential and not this crap:o

Yes.. just play to her potential and not what we have been seeing for the past year.. It was a great match, and Ana should have won it, she had SO many chances. But Dementieva got into her head and played the big points better.

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I don`t understand how you can watch her old matches ,it`s too painful :sad:
But i`m a very patient person and i know she will eventually come to her old level :)

True.. it's painful.. :sobbing: Sometimes I just like to remember how great of a player Ana is.

I'm not so patient.. :sobbing: Though I think we all are.. enduring these tough times and keeping the hope alive. Ana is just too good not to come back stronger of all of these.. I hope.. :unsure:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM
:lol::lol: now i want to see that match
Girl has some talent but she is not a top 10 player imo just like JJ was not a #1.Its good to be consistent but what JJ and Caro do is just insane :rolleyes:

Shes a top 10 player imo. But i think ill always expect Ana to beat her. TBH though, i expected Ana to beat a lot of top players:lol:
As for the insane schedule for those two, i think it just does some types of athletes good to go through a grind like that. I dont know how that would work for Ana. I already said it before, i think the biggest thing Ana needs is match play now that some things are coming back. If she could get some momentum, lets say a SF in LA, and a Final in Cinci, a SF in Canada, then a QF in USO, then id say ride that momentum!:bounce: She already has a pretty full schedule ahead now.
On the other hand, if things go into a funk, then i think going through a grind like them would be a BAD idea for Ana. Thats when she goes and figures some things out.
For JJ in 07-08 and Caro this year, why not? Ride the momentum, take as many as you can.
Although one thing about JJ and Caro though, they seem really tight with their coaches. Well, last i watched JJ anyway. I havent watched a whole lot of Jelena in recent months.

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:01 AM
this thread was about Ana and Adam and now it's about Ana and her sucking ways:lol: We can't stop thinking about them:o

Ana win something!!! :sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:04 AM
this thread was about Ana and Adam and now it's about Ana and her sucking ways:lol: We can't stop thinking about them:o

Ana win something!!! :sobbing:

LOL! Every thread always gets off subject:lol:

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:06 AM
LOL! Every thread always gets off subject:lol:

yes i remember chatting in the pictures thread and also in the article thread:lol:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:14 AM
yes i remember chatting in the pictures thread and also in the article thread:lol:

alright, heres a crappy attempt to let the thread go back to the topic.:lol:
Martina and her latest boyfriend.
All i know is the guys name is Andreas, and they are at a premier for a musical, 'Jesus Christ Superstar..im not sure where, but its recent. Like 2 weeks ago.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7289/6612497516.jpg

spiritedenergy
Jul 24th, 2009, 02:17 AM
alright, heres a crappy attempt to let the thread go back to the topic.:lol:
Martina and her latest boyfriend.
All i know is the guys name is Andreas, and they are at a premier for a musical, 'Jesus Christ Superstar..im not sure where, but its recent. Like 2 weeks ago.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7289/6612497516.jpg

she looks amazing!!!! Martina, another legend:worship:

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Adam is playing a tournament today... it seems he is really struggling though.. he is in the very last place so far.

I hope that doesn't rub on Ana..

Good thing is that he seemed to have got a hair cut.. :lol: He was definitely needing it... :lol:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04IGbHw0TI54K/610x.jpg

Curtos07
Aug 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I saw this posted at another blog. It's an article from June about Adam Scott. Tell me is some of these quotes from Adam about his game sound familiar to someone else.
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25645644-5005401,00.html

Adam has been struggling just like Ana has for over a year now. Some of the things Adam says sound familiar to the things Ana have been saying or doing. Such as this:
"Sometimes you need to get away from everyone's opinion,"
Doesn't that sound like what Ana has said recently about her departure from Scott and Craig, etc?

How about this quote?
"Colonial (tournament three weeks ago) was the final straw. The first two days were disgraceful. After that there was no point playing."

Doesn't that sound familiar with Ana not practicing as much as she used too? He is so frustrated with his game that he didn't want to play.

"It's not the easiest week to get your confidence, but I'm really looking forward to it, because I feel this is the first week I've got a chance to actually play good," he said.

"I can happily say I'm on track. I know I was saying that before but I wasn't really there, and I didn't know that at that time.

"It's hard to say I'm confident, because I'm not really, but purely swinging-wise, it's back to where it's on a path to be better than it's been ever, and it's certainly much, much better than it has been for three months.

"I feel like I'm coming here and starting fresh. I've forgotten about the last three months."

Sounds familiar to the crap Ana has been saying how she is so confident but in reality, she isn't.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, so sorry if I did. Somebody else originally pointed this out in the first place and I thought the parallels between how Adam and Ana have treated the struggles were interesting.

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
That's why they are both still struggling. They are handling it poorly.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Just goes to show that they really are struggling head-cases soulmates:angel:

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Well.. couple who sucks together.. sucks together. Adam has began playing in the US PGA and is 10 over after 14 holes.

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:41 AM
So.. Adam missed the cut again.. he actually posted a +17, and placed 149.. almost last. Really bad.. According to some news I read he is parting ways with his coach Butch Harmon. One thing though.. he had a free week now and he decided to add another tournament. That's something Ana could do.. add some tournaments.. She has a lot of points to defend in only 4 tournaments, and she still should try to get some wins and keep herself in the top 20 before the end of the year.

spiritedenergy
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:44 AM
So.. Adam missed the cut again.. he actually posted a +17, and placed 149.. almost last. Really bad.. According to some news I read he is parting ways with his coach Butch Harmon. One thing though.. he had a free week now and he decided to add another tournament. That's something Ana could do.. add some tournaments.. She has a lot of points to defend in only 4 tournaments, and she still should try to get some wins and keep herself in the top 20 before the end of the year.

but will the road map allow that? Ana don't stay with these mental midgets, part ways, you're better than that:sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:48 AM

So he is still slumping :lol: :o
Adding a tournament is a good idea but since she is only using tournaments to practice now i`m not sure she will gain points even if she plays them :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:49 AM
but will the road map allow that? Ana don't stay with these mental midgets, part ways, you're better than that:sobbing:

Well.. she can add Pilot Pen, a MM and Moscow.. she has played only 34 matches in 8 months. She had played that in may last year. So.. it's not like she would be playing all that much. I've come to the conclusion she has to figure out stuff playing.. practice only won't solve her issues.

Ana likes the mental midgets.. :sobbing: If only she wouldn't let it get to her.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:51 AM
So he is still slumping :lol: :o
Adding a tournament is a good idea but since she is only using tournaments to practice now i`m not sure she will gain points even if she plays them :rolleyes:

Yes.. but it will help her figure out stuff... like that ugly serve that doesn't work. And maybe if by some miracle she got some wins, she could actually get a bit more confident.

But then again, I kind of don't think she will do it.. :sad:

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Yes.. but it will help her figure out stuff... like that ugly serve that doesn't work. And maybe if by some miracle she got some wins, she could actually get a bit more confident.

But then again, I kind of don't think she will do it.. :sad:

Maybe but i`m not sure.She is not like JJ who needs more matches to start playing better
I`m afraid these matches will only kill what is left fom her confidence :sad:

Curtos07
Aug 15th, 2009, 01:58 AM

I was hoping he would come to Toronto and bring Ana some good luck. :sobbing:

I agree however that Ana should add another tournament to her schedule. As of right now, she has a very long off season.

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Maybe but i`m not sure.She is not like JJ who needs more matches to start playing better
I`m afraid these matches will only kill what is left fom her confidence :sad:

Maybe.. but look at how she took a month off now after playing decent tennis at Wimbledon and came back awful.. :help:

spiritedenergy
Aug 15th, 2009, 04:06 AM
i just finished watching the movie "13 going to 30" with Jennifer Garder... I cried so much:tape::lol:

You know it made me think I hope Ana will always live in her fairytales, just like I basically do in mine :lol: :hug:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Is Adam in Toronto right now?

From twitter:

Adam scott is here with anna ivanovic...I'm pretty jealous...of who I'm undecided.
about 3 hours ago from txt

http://twitter.com/aphillips24

spiritedenergy
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:18 PM

From twitter:

who's writing these twitters?:lol:

I'm pretty jealous of whom I'm undecided:spit:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
who's writing these twitters?:lol:

I'm pretty jealous of whom I'm undecided:spit:

People on twitter can be quite funny! :lol:

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 08:50 PM

From twitter:

At least everything seams to be working well in her love life :lol:
I thought he was supposed to play some tournament at this time :scratch:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM
At least everything seams to be working well in her love life :lol:
I thought he was supposed to play some tournament at this time :scratch:

Golf is only played from thursday to sunday.. Maybe he is there for just 3 or 4 days.. :shrug:

spiritedenergy
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Golf is only played from thursday to sunday.. Maybe he is there for just 3 or 4 days.. :shrug:

Izzy you know everything about golf now:lol:

Hopefully Ana will become a golf player, she might have more success:o

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Izzy you know everything about golf now:lol:

Hopefully Ana will become a golf player, she might have more success:o

ugh.. I hate golf.. my knowledge just proves how much I like Ana.. :sobbing: It's not even a real sport IMHO.. that's why grandpas can still win majors in golf.

Curtos07
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Now we can see how lucky Adam really is to Ana when he is attending her matches. :lol: So far she has a 3-0 record. :)

jelenacg
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
ugh.. I hate golf.. my knowledge just proves how much I like Ana.. :sobbing: It's not even a real sport IMHO.. that's why grandpas can still win majors in golf.

I think i read somewhere Tiger Woods wants golf to become Olympic sport :lol:

Ksenia.
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM

:lol: :help:

gaviotabr
Aug 15th, 2009, 09:30 PM

It's true! There is a proposal for the 2016 Olympics! :help::tape:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:01 AM
:spit: Ok, found this. http://www3.rogerscup.com/women/english/currentNews.php?id=OffCourtAntics

Ana Ivanovic's boyfriend Adam Scott is also hanging around. They make a cute couple.

So he was there, wonder what he was doing??? :haha: :p

gaviotabr
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:21 AM
:spit: Ok, found this. http://www3.rogerscup.com/women/english/currentNews.php?id=OffCourtAntics

So he was there, wonder what he was doing??? :haha: :p

Yes.. he wrote in his diary that he got away from golf for the weekend.. I guess he meant.. "I went to see my girlfriend play tennis".

In related news, he missed the cut again this week. They only play well in each others presence.. :help::tape: I mean.. Adam has missed the cut in like 10 tournaments or so.. and Ana has lost early in 9 out of 12 tournaments this year. They are both sucking since they got together.. go figure.

jelenacg
Aug 22nd, 2009, 02:01 AM
Yes.. he wrote in his diary that he got away from golf for the weekend.. I guess he meant.. "I went to see my girlfriend play tennis".

In related news, he missed the cut again this week. They only play well in each others presence.. :help::tape: I mean.. Adam has missed the cut in like 10 tournaments or so.. and Ana has lost early in 9 out of 12 tournaments this year. They are both sucking since they got together.. go figure.

That means everything is great in their love life :hehehe:

gaviotabr
Sep 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I think these slumps are contagious.. :tape::help:

Scott puts horror year behind him
By Robert Lusetich

ADAM Scott is packing his bags, literally and figuratively, within the ostentatious steel-and-glass clubhouse at Liberty National, across the harbour from Manhattan, with the curtain mercifully drawn on the worst season of his professional career.

"In a sense, I'm glad it's come to an end,'' the 29-year-old says forlornly.

Despite what he called his "most enjoyable rounds, golf-wise, in a long time'' at The Barclays last week, it was too little, too late as the amiable Queenslander failed to qualify for this weekend's second leg of the US Tour's play-offs, the Deutsche Bank Championship, which ironically was Scott's breakthrough win on American soil six years ago.

Instead, he's heading home to the Gold Coast, where he'll have what he termed "a small surgery'' to remove a cyst from his right knee and then resume the search for a golf game that has mysteriously deserted him ahead of the three events which now constitute the Australian Tour - the Australian Masters, PGA and Open.

The former world No3, one of the most consistently good ball strikers in the world, has tumbled outside the top 50 for the first time since 2002 after missing 10 cuts in this most funereal of seasons.

For a dilettante, the cause of Scott's demise probably seems obvious: a jet-set lifestyle of the young, rich and famous, where the only dilemmas presented are which beautiful women to date and at which surfing spots to land the $US40million Gulfstream.

Except that while Scott has the good looks, money - more than $US20 million won on the course and at least a matching amount earned off it - and the jet, he really isn't much of an international playboy. Truth be told, many of his Australian peers on the golf circuit tease him for not having much game with women. "He's way too much of a nice guy,'' said one. "Probably the nicest guy out here.''

A caddie on the Tour says Scott could have his way with a different woman "every single day out here'' given the way they flock to him, bearing smiles, low-cut tops and phone numbers, except he rarely seems interested.

Indeed, he was genuinely heartbroken last year when his long-time girlfriend, Swede Marie Kojzar, called an end to their relationship.

A much publicised fling with actress Kate Hudson in Hawaii earlier this year never really happened - "We're friends, there was nothing in it,'' a bemused Scott says - though he seems to have found some solace with the young Serbian tennis player Ana Ivanovic.

The other refrain heard when Scott's demise is mentioned is that he doesn't work hard enough at his game, which, again, is far from the truth.

"Yeah, it's frustrating when people say things like that because I know I've worked harder than I ever have this year, even if I don't have a lot to show for it,'' Scott says.

As he leans against a locker and begins to discuss the state of his game, it's clear by the look on his face that he doesn't really have any answers. It's as much of a mystery to him as it is to anyone.

"I've been wracking my brain,'' he says, "I wish I had an answer for you. As I look back on it, I don't think I ever really had any direction."

"It's sort of been a constant search for my game which is not something I want to get into the habit of doing. There have been times when I keep thinking that I'm really close but the results just haven't been there."

"So, I don't know, after I take a break at home, I'm just going to take my time and groove my game again. I think I'm slowly putting the pieces back together.''

Nick Faldo advised him after his early struggles to take a month away from competition.

"He thought I should go to the range for a month and, looking back, that was probably what I should've done, but that's easy to say now,'' Scott says.

"At the time, it's hard to take a month off and just walk away in the middle of the season.''

Scott's a natural optimist and always felt he'd just play his way out of his funk. Only it got worse, not better.

And it was never worse than at the US PGA Championship in Minnesota, the year's final major, where Scott shot 82-79 to miss the cut by 13 strokes.

He managed to edge only five golfers, none of them touring professionals. More shocking was the 38 putts he took on the first day. Professional golfers go an entire career, if not a lifetime, without ever putting 38 times in a round.

"When the confidence goes in the game, it spreads throughout the bag,'' Scott says.

"In the beginning, I wasn't hitting it any good but I was putting OK to turn in some decent scores. But eventually if you're not hitting it good, you put a lot of pressure on your putting and when that goes, you can have a really bad week. You just lose confidence in everything.''

Scott responded to his deteriorating game by putting on "hiatus'' - his word - his relationship with long-time swing guru Butch Harmon.

"We're not working together but we still talk a lot,'' Scott says.

"I think I just needed to take the pressure off. I was frustrated that I couldn't do what he wanted me to do, he was frustrated and it wasn't getting us anywhere. We're going to see where we are at the end of the year and take it from there.''

An examination of Scott's statistics this season tell the story of his struggles.

From 75 to 100 yards, a distance where most pros expect to hit the ball inside 10 feet, Scott actually missed the green one of three times, ranking him 194th on the US Tour.

His driving distance and accuracy were both down, as were the number of greens hit in regulation, putting a lot of pressure on a short game which has always been more of a work in progress than a polished final product.

What stands out, though, has been Scott's futility on the greens. When putting from three to five feet, he missed one in five, leaving him 191st on the Tour.

Many of the 32 short putts he missed this season meant the difference between making a cut and going home early.

The starkest contrast in putting came from the range of 10-25 feet, where Scott led the Tour in 2008. This year, he's ranked barely inside the top 200 from that range.

It's not a pretty picture, and Scott welcomes the chance to go home and not think about it all for a while.

This is perhaps where his early end to the US season may be a blessing. Golf at the highest level can be a week in, week out grind. It wears players down.

"Yeah, you need time away because it can be a grind, year after year,'' he says. "It's really sweet when you're 21 or 19; it's just awesome and you can't get enough of it, but 10 years in, it's definitely a different mind set."

"Don't get me wrong, I think we're extremely fortunate, we get to play golf for a living. That's a pretty lucky career because for most people golf's a hobby."

"But there's a lot of hard work that goes in to be able to play on the Tour. To be successful out here is a grind.''

And so he looks forward to pulling out his surfboard for a while on the Gold Coast before he reaches for his golf clubs.

"Surfing's really important to me,'' Scott says. "Every time I get out of the water, I feel better. It's just refreshing. It's like cleansing, almost. It's peaceful.''

And right now, Adam Scott's a man in need of some peace.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/scott-puts-horror-year-behind-him/story-e6frey60-1225769798119

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM
"He's way too much of a nice guy,'' said one. "Probably the nicest guy out here.''

"Yeah, it's frustrating when people say things like that because I know I've worked harder than I ever have this year...

it's clear by the look on his face that he doesn't really have any answers

"I've been wracking my brain,'' he says, "I wish I had an answer for you. As I look back on it, I don't think I ever really had any direction."

"It's sort of been a constant search for my game which is not something I want to get into the habit of doing. There have been times when I keep thinking that I'm really close but the results just haven't been there."

Scott's a natural optimist and always felt he'd just play his way out of his funk. Only it got worse, not better.

"When the confidence goes in the game, it spreads throughout the bag,'' Scott says.

Scott responded to his deteriorating game by putting on "hiatus'' - his word - his relationship with long-time swing guru Butch Harmon.

They sound so alike:sobbing:

Group therapy, anyone?

spiritedenergy
Sep 5th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I can imagine what they talk about during dinners:rolleyes: It must be so depressing, they probably spend hours analyzing their slumps:tape:

Ana dump him already and marry Tiger Woods if you really want a golfer:o

gaviotabr
Sep 17th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I just read an article on Adam.. and we can use it for Ana as well.

I caught up with Scott during the Scottish Open at Loch Lomond in July and at that time it looked as if he was getting his act together.

So I was expecting to hear how his game as a whole was coming around, but instead he talked only about how his swing was improving. In my mind you could give an average Adam Scott swing to most professional golfers and they would use it to mount a serious challenge to Woods.

For some reason Scott seems to seeking perfection.

What he needs to understand is that learning to play the game is an art and from time to time it is easy to forget what you are trying to achieve, which is to have control of the golf ball, play shots, be creative and develop a great short game.

How can you do that if the only thing on your mind is your swing?

Scott’s relationship with tennis star Ana Ivanovic, who has also been going through a bad patch in her career, means he has a lot going on off the course at the moment. I do not know if it is his pride which prevents him from accepting anything less than perfection in his swing, but if he can get over that barrier he has the ability to get out of his slump.

On the positive side, Greg Norman has given him a wild card into the Rest of the World team to play the US in the President’s Cup next month.

This could be just what he needs, as the matchplay team format places an even bigger emphasis on scoring and may help drum into him that there is more to golf than just technique.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090917/SPORT/709169878/1004

It seems he focuses too much on something he feels is not right, instead of just figuring out other ways to post low scores. Or in Ana's case, to figure out ways to win matches. The search for perfection and nothing less takes away any focus she might have when she feels it's not as she liked. And instead of just adapting and discovering ways to win the matches, she just loses her concentration in that because her head is in the stroke that is not working.. instead of trying another thing, she insists in getting the shot right, being it the serve or the forehand or whatever. That's how she always gets herself in the position to win, but loses. She can't make that last step, because her head is not into the winning.

Like against Bondarenko. In the tie break Ana missed all the FH DTL she tried to make. All of them. And there were 5 attempts, including one on MP. After she missed that one, it was obvious the effect it had on her.. she lost 4 points and won 1, being that one a double fault from her opponent. If her head was in winning, she might have tried a different shot there, knowing she was not making those FH DTL.

Anyway.. on a side note, amazing how they are carbon copies of each other.

jelenacg
Sep 17th, 2009, 02:02 AM
I just read an article on Adam.. and we can use it for Ana as well.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090917/SPORT/709169878/1004

It seems he focuses too much on something he feels is not right, instead of just figuring out other ways to post low scores. Or in Ana's case, to figure out ways to win matches. The search for perfection and nothing less takes away any focus she might have when she feels it's not as she liked. And instead of just adapting and discovering ways to win the matches, she just loses her concentration in that because her head is in the stroke that is not working.. instead of trying another thing, she insists in getting the shot right, being it the serve or the forehand or whatever. That's how she always gets herself in the position to win, but loses. She can't make that last step, because her head is not into the winning.

Like against Bondarenko. In the tie break Ana missed all the FH DTL she tried to make. All of them. And there were 5 attempts, including one on MP. After she missed that one, it was obvious the effect it had on her.. she lost 4 points and won 1, being that one a double fault from her opponent. If her head was in winning, she might have tried a different shot there, knowing she was not making those FH DTL.

Anyway.. on a side note, amazing how they are carbon copies of each other.

That is something in what Maria is the best :worship::worship:
And Ana the worst :o
Yes they are carbon copies of each other :rolleyes:
We in Serbian say it naso lonac poklopac :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Oct 12th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I just found this:

Adam Scott Speaks about I.A.

Misery loves company, or at least it provides a platform for commiseration. That could partly explain the growing romantic bond between tennis player Ana Ivanovic and Adam Scott, two promising young stars suffering through major slumps.

Scott, 29, and Ivanovic, 21, met prior to January’s Australian Open and have been captured by paparazzi together at golf events, the beach, and canoodling in New York City. While their relationship has blossomed, their careers have withered.

The likable Ivanovic won her first major at the French Open in 2008 and became the first from Serbia to reach No. 1 before a string of injuries and self-doubt undid her steady progress. Her last significant title came at Indian Wells, Calif., 19 months ago (she has none in 2009) and she pulled the plug on her season for what amounts to a mental health break following first round losses at the U.S. Open and Tokyo (including this odd announcement on her website in which she said she had over trained in the early part of the season and suffered from a shoulder injury that demanded a change to her service motion). Ivanovic, 3-4 since Wimbledon, dropped out of the top-10 and is sure to fall further than her present No. 13.

Scott, a six-time winner on the PGA Tour and just the second player born in the 1980s (along with Sergio Garcia) to reach the top-5 in the world rankings, has been embroiled in his own tailspin. The Adelaide native hasn’t posted a top-10 finish since tying for second at the Sony Open in January, and he’s missed 10 of 17 cuts thereafter. His ranking has fallen from a high of No. 3 to No. 69 in 16 months.

Scott was in town for last weekend’s President Cup at Harding Park, so I pulled him aside to get his view on sweetheart Ivanovic’s state of mind (she did not accompany him). Scott told me that they were able to sympathize with each other’s career woes and that it offered a point of intersection. “Yeah, for sure,” he chuckled. “It’s not easy.”

Scott, a somewhat controversial captain’s pick by fellow Aussie Greg Normal who went 1-4 in the competition won by the USA, explained that it was probably wise for Ivanovic to take some time away from tennis and didn’t question her reasoning. “It’s been a rough year,” he said. “If she thinks that’s the right thing to do, it’s the right thing to do.”

Scott didn’t say if he was planning to join Ivanovic for a mini hiatus, but he said he is confident that she will be back. Few observers of the women’s game would want anything other than a strong return from one of the sport’s most pleasing stars, both on and off the court. “I think she’s so talented that she’ll be fine,” he insisted. “She just needs to get really healthy.”

http://blog.douglasrobson.com/2009/10/12/adam-scott-speaks-about-ia.aspx

I just hope Ana's team is not only blaming her slump on injuries, and thinking once she gets all healthy the work is done and she will be playing well. It's not so simple, and can lead to more disappointment. She had countless opportunities to win matches this season, injuries and all, and simply choked. They really need to work on her mental state and her ability to deal with all kinds of match situations.

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 13th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I couldn't agree more. The mental side is what worried me 100x more than her physical state. Sure, her injuries were unfortunate, but if she had been mentally stronger and better prepared, they wouldn't have affected her the way they did!

On the other hand, what else is Adam supposed to say? He sure won't go public with the details (if he's even aware of them). He seems positive and confident about her abilities and strength and maybe that's what she needs. A little positivity in her life, someone who's confident in her and able to relate to her problems:D He seems like a good fit for her, but I guess we can only tell how she's really doing, when she comes back in Brisbane...

I'm glad to hear she wasn't with him, though.;)

gaviotabr
Oct 13th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I couldn't agree more. The mental side is what worried me 100x more than her physical state. Sure, her injuries were unfortunate, but if she had been mentally stronger and better prepared, they wouldn't have affected her the way they did!

On the other hand, what else is Adam supposed to say? He sure won't go public with the details (if he's even aware of them). He seems positive and confident about her abilities and strength and maybe that's what she needs. A little positivity in her life, someone who's confident in her and able to relate to her problems:D He seems like a good fit for her, but I guess we can only tell how she's really doing, when she comes back in Brisbane...

I'm glad to hear she wasn't with him, though.;)

Yes, I agree. I'm not saying he should say anything different. I'm just worried that they are blaming solely the injuries, not only for this particular article, but mainly because of Ana's own diary, and some words from Cahill. And it's clearly not the root of the problem.. I would say that the injuries can even be a result of her mental state.

jelenacg
Oct 13th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I just found this:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://blog.douglasrobson.com/2009/10/12/adam-scott-speaks-about-ia.aspx

I just hope Ana's team is not only blaming her slump on injuries, and thinking once she gets all healthy the work is done and she will be playing well. It's not so simple, and can lead to more disappointment. She had countless opportunities to win matches this season, injuries and all, and simply choked. They really need to work on her mental state and her ability to deal with all kinds of match situations.

I just love how people only remember what they want :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They all seem to forget that Ana was healthy from January until May .That is almost 5 months and in that time she only had one good result :rolleyes: :o

I don`t mind Adam saying what he said ,besides he has his own problems ...
Ana and her team can talk whatever they want ,anyone that have seen one of her matches can tell that her problems are mental and not physical :rolleyes:
Maybe Ana needs one more year of slumping so they can understand that ...

gaviotabr
Oct 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I just love how people only remember what they want :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They all seem to forget that Ana was healthy from January until May .That is almost 5 months and in that time she only had one good result :rolleyes: :o

Ana and her team can talk whatever they want ,anyone that have seen one of her matches can tell that her problems are mental and not physical :rolleyes:

That's my fear.. that Ana and her team will only accept and work on her mental game after yet another slump year.. when they are so desperate that they have no other option. It would be such a pity.. she has already wasted a year and a half of her career, and that's not little time in a tennis player life.

I don't care if they say it or not, I just hope they recognize the problem and work deeply on it. I'm not sure that's the case though.. everytime I read something I get a feeling they are trying to deny it. And as Pete Bodo said in that article that was posted here some time ago, things won't get better until she acknowledges it.. and it's a champions attitude to do so.

MsPaula
Oct 14th, 2009, 03:07 AM
:wavey:I just love how people only remember what they want :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adam has been pretty honest about his problems and he knows he has things to work on (his short game) I hope he can be a good influence on Ana and help her work through the problems she's having both mentally and technically with her game. Adam seems pretty mature and I think he has a pretty good head on his shoulders.

gaviotabr
Oct 28th, 2009, 06:29 AM
So.. Ana is in Singapure watching golf this week... :rolleyes:

Star golfers in Singapore

Two-time Singapore Open champion Adam Scott is back, with girlfriend and tennis star Ana Ivanovic in tow.

The couple attended a private function at the Garibaldi Italian Restaurant and Bar, along Purvis Street, yesterday.

Scott and world No.2 Phil Mickelson are among the stars here for the Barclays Singapore Open, which starts tomorrow at Sentosa Golf Club.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/the%2BStraits%2BTimes/Story/A1Story20091028-176320.html

Hugh.
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I guess being a WAG and following Adam about to his golfing destinations is Ana's idea of a relaxing holiday :o

Nikkiri
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I don't see what the problem is. It's offseason and it's probably relaxing for her and a bit of fun before tennis takes over her life again.

Golovinjured.
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Watching golf isn't exactly strenuous. :rolls:

Best thread name ever. :worship:

jelenacg
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I don't see what the problem is. It's offseason and it's probably relaxing for her and a bit of fun before tennis takes over her life again.

This the problem,when was the last time tennis was her priority :rolleyes: I guess in Wimbledon ,4 months ago :o
I don`t mind that she is watching golf this week ... it`s not like she is always with him ,she only went to 2 tournaments ,both while she was on holiday

But i don`t like the fact that she thinks things will work out themselves and she has that attitude everything will be alright :( :rolleyes:
She isn`t going to have success until tennis becomes her priority again and she is 100% in it .Sadly this isn`t the case now :sad:

gaviotabr
Oct 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
This the problem,when was the last time tennis was her priority :rolleyes: I guess in Wimbledon ,4 months ago :o
I don`t mind that she is watching golf this week ... it`s not like she is always with him ,she only went to 2 tournaments ,both while she was on holiday

But i don`t like the fact that she thinks things will work out themselves and she has that attitude everything will be alright :( :rolleyes:
She isn`t going to have success until tennis becomes her priority again and she is 100% in it .Sadly this isn`t the case now :sad:

Completely agreed.

The problem is that tennis hasn't been taking over her life for a long time now. She is constantly pushing it away IMHO, wishing for distance.. and that will never be any solution. Quite the opposite..

I'm ok with ehr WAGing this week, but I hope not to see her WAGing during november. This off season is crucial for her career, she has to be 100% focused. I can only hope she realizes that.

Curtos07
Oct 28th, 2009, 04:14 PM
As long as she is getting good fitness and practice time in as well. Please dont get distracted Ana like last year.

gaviotabr
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:41 PM
As long as she is getting good fitness and practice time in as well. Please dont get distracted Ana like last year.

She is not practicing yet at all. She is still on holidays...

The Daviator
Oct 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, if she's spotted WAGing in November, I'll be pissed.

gaviotabr
Oct 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM
From Singapore's The Straights Times:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9635/singaporenews.jpg

Hugh.
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:57 AM
Seems like Ana inspired Adam to a good result in Singapore. He finished tied for 3rd...must be one of his best results of recent times.

gaviotabr
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
Seems like Ana inspired Adam to a good result in Singapore. He finished tied for 3rd...must be one of his best results of recent times.

Yes.. actually his best result since a tie for 2nd in the first week of january. And well... Ana also inspired him for a tie for 4th at the Scottish Open in July.

He could inspire her to do some good as well... didn't happen at the USO..:rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM
I found this about Ana's stay in Singapore in a blog:

OMG ya'll! Ana Ivanovic stayed in Rasa Sentosa Resort and I actually went into her room.. 2 times!

Because she ordered room service and I went to serve her. Weeee~

But erm.. at that time I did not know who she was. LOL, until my friend told me.

I worked at Barclay's golf event pass few days too and I saw Adam Scott too! Her boyfriend.

And Phil Mickelson smiled at me!

Ok.. I hope its gonna be singers I meet next time..I will glady work over time!

She ordered chocolate muselli for breakfast, the 2nd time I went to her room was to clear it. She stayed at the deluxe room. Adam scott was only with her at the Barclay's restaurant which she was there for all the days. In the room, it was only her. And And.. she was reading a book but I didnt see what it was and she's really polite too!

http://krinz-y.blogspot.com/2009/10/omg-yall-ana-ivanovic-stayed-in-rasa.html

:lol::spit:

No privacy.. :lol: Everything ends up on the internet.. :tape:

jelenacg
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:28 PM
I found this about Ana's stay in Singapore in a blog:

http://krinz-y.blogspot.com/2009/10/omg-yall-ana-ivanovic-stayed-in-rasa.html

:lol::spit:

No privacy.. :lol: Everything ends up on the internet.. :tape:

OMG :lol: she ate chocolate muselli :lol:
No privacy at all :tape:

InsideOut.
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:30 PM
:eek: I stayed at the Rasa Sentosa before too :eek: I need to stay in that room next time ;) Just kidding.

gaviotabr
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
OMG :lol: she ate chocolate muselli :lol:
No privacy at all :tape:

I remember reading in the Ask Ana section of Ana's web that she would eat Muesli for breakfest, and that she liked the chocolate one. :lol:

:eek: I stayed at the Rasa Sentosa before too :eek: I need to stay in that room next time ;) Just kidding.

Oh! :lol: I suppose it's a very nice hotel. :p

jelenacg
Nov 1st, 2009, 03:18 PM
I remember reading in the Ask Ana section of Ana's web that she would eat Muesli for breakfest, and that she liked the chocolate one. :lol:

Oh! :lol: I suppose it's a very nice hotel. :p

It is ,i google it :p:lol:

Curtos07
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
What a lucky person. :lol: Something about Ana, and not being able to get any privacy. :lol:

Costanza
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:23 PM
It seems that Ana's presence in Singapore give Adam some luck.
He end's tournament on third position and earned 281,500$

HowardH
Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:07 AM
Chocolate muesli :speakles:. I guess it's tasty though. The odd treat is okay but I want Ana to be fighting fit come AO time.

gaviotabr
Nov 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
This is an article on Adam.. it mentions his relationship with Ana and he talks a bit.. if anyone is interested:

Scott's relationship with his game is on the mend
RICHARD HINDS
November 11, 2009 - 11:28PM

As Adam Scott's game went into sudden and unexpected decline this year, his profile in some sections of the media suddenly grew.

The reason for Scott's notoriety in the social pages was his relationship with Serbian tennis star Ana Ivanovic, something heightened by his court-side appearance at Wimbledon - where, it was wrongly reported, Scott had chosen his ''love match'' over a commitment to play in a Tiger Woods AT&T National tournament.

With Scott struggling and his world ranking plummeting from a career-high No.3 to its current No.62, the inevitable assumption was that his relationship had been a distraction. Or, as high-profile commentator Jack Newton suggested, that Scott's ''head was not in the right place''.

However, while Scott said he paid no heed to the speculation - partly because he had not been home since March - he is adamant his relationship with Ivanovic, who is with him in Melbourne this week, had played no part in a form slump during which he twice felt like taking a long break from the game.

''I don't know how to respond to that,'' Scott told the Herald of talk golf had not been his main priority. ''Should I not have a girlfriend? I tried to do everything that I felt was 100 per cent right for me this year. I wasn't working on the right things for a period of time and it took a long time to work out what was right again.''

Scott made some significant changes this year. Previously based in London and then Switzerland, he rented a house in Florida where he lived for two-and-a-half months to cut down travel time - a sacrifice for a man whose sensibilities lie more in Paris, France, than Paris, Texas.

However, Scott says his relationship with a fellow athlete who also travels widely did not prompt any tinkering with his schedule or reduce his practice time. ''We do what we can but it's no different than any other relationship that I've been in,'' Scott says. ''I've never had someone travel with me so we see each other when we can. I heard it reported that I'd gone to Wimbledon instead of playing Tiger's event, but I was never playing his event. It's just false reporting.''

What did happen this year, Scott says, was that the optimism created by a bright start when he finished second in the Sony Open in January faded quickly upon his return to the US Tour in late March - the start of a five-month slide during which he missed 10 cuts in 13 US Tour events.

There is a hint of chicken and egg when Scott discusses the reason for his free fall. Did his poor ball-striking put pressure on his sometimes suspect putting? Did a misfiring blade create pressure to knock his approaches closer to the pin?

Whatever the reason, a man who enjoys being in control of all aspects of his life became riddled with uncertainty as he stood over the ball. ''I just had to aim straight and hope it was not too far either way,'' he says.

Twice, Scott says, he became despondent. ''At the Colonial [in May] I made the cut there [tied 64th] but it was so ugly,'' he says. ''I felt like I just don't want to be out here playing shocking, grinding golf. It's not what I'm used to.''

Then, at the US PGA championship in August, he shot 82-79 and again felt like walking away. ''The confidence I had from playing well at Loch Lomond [in Scotland] and the US Open, it disappeared in about six holes,'' he says. ''I just battled and battled and battled and it was just ugly. Other than those two times, I was really positive. I've never hit more golf balls than I've hit this year. I was just working on the wrong stuff.''

Scott says his selection in the Presidents Cup team by captain and long-time mentor Greg Norman - and some encouragement from the Shark - had buoyed his confidence. So, too, a recent equal-third in the Singapore Open.

Now, despite the nagging knee injury that prompted his withdrawal from last year's Australian Open and which still might require surgery, Scott talks confidently about his prospects in the Australian Masters and beyond.

''I believe I spent a long time in the top 10 in the world consistently and I certainly feel like I'm good enough to be there again,'' he says. ''So I'll go about my business and hopefully the ranking will take care of itself.''

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/golf/scotts-relationship-with-his-game-is-on-the-mend-20091112-ia58.html

blueskye
Nov 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
So Ana is in Melbourne then.. I wonder if she will travel back to Europe for pre season training or stay in Australia and start practicing there..?

gaviotabr
Nov 11th, 2009, 07:18 PM
So Ana is in Melbourne then.. I wonder if she will travel back to Europe for pre season training or stay in Australia and start practicing there..?

Ana has been in Australia for almost a month now. And no.. she won't be going back to Europe until Fed Cup in february.

The practicing thing is rather obscure at the moment..

blueskye
Nov 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Ana has been in Australia for almost a month now. And no.. she won't be going back to Europe until Fed Cup in february.

The practicing thing is rather obscure at the moment..

Well, hopefully she can get some work down there maybe, I mean she's always had a love for the country and now her boyfriends there was well, so maybe that can benefit her. I'm holding on to anything here, but it all comes down to if Ana can regain her confidence in herself and her game again.

gaviotabr
Nov 11th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Adam Scott: Girlfriend didn't cause slump
Posted at 5:15 PM by Mike Walker | Categories: Adam Scott

Back home in Australia for Tigerpalooza (the event formerly known as the Australian Masters) and coming off a T3 finish at the Barclays Singapore Open, Adam Scott sounds like he's ready to put his 2009 slump behind him. Scott's still not sure what caused his drop from 3rd to 62nd in the world rankings, but he's sure it wasn't his relationship with tennis player Ana Ivanovic as some commentators suggested, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

However, while Scott said he paid no heed to the speculation - partly because he had not been home since March - he is adamant his relationship with Ivanovic, who is with him in Melbourne this week, had played no part in a form slump during which he twice felt like taking a long break from the game.

''I don't know how to respond to that,'' Scott told the Herald of talk golf had not been his main priority. ''Should I not have a girlfriend? I tried to do everything that I felt was 100 per cent right for me this year. I wasn't working on the right things for a period of time and it took a long time to work out what was right again.''

Fellow Tour Player Retief Goosen believes that Scott's game will return to form, but he's got other ideas about what caused his slump. "Scotty's still young and he has a lot of hot chicks on his mind," Goosen said in the November issue of Golf Magazine. "I'm sure once he gets over that his game will be back."

A lot? :rolleyes:

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/11/adam-scott-girlfriend-didnt-cause-slump.html

Curtos07
Nov 11th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I think Retief is better off keeping his mouth zipped. Maybe he's jealous. :lol:

Midge.
Nov 12th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Well she's there today..

gaviotabr
Nov 12th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Well she's there today..

And tomorrow.. and the day after that...

Midge.
Nov 12th, 2009, 07:45 AM
..after her intense training session at the sand dunes. :yeah:
Adam is teeing off early tommorow, she probably wouldn't even have rolled over by the time he hits the greens.

gaviotabr
Nov 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM
..after her intense training session at the sand dunes. :yeah:
Adam is teeing off early tommorow, she probably wouldn't even have rolled over by the time he hits the greens.

Tha didn't prevent her from being there when he teed off at 7.15 am at the Scottish Open in July.. and she was supposedly practicing as well...

:rolleyes:

This is so not serious... :o It's not about practicing or not.. it's about being focused or not.. if you practice wanting to be someplace else, or having your head in some place else.. then you might as well not practice, because it's exactly the same.

Midge.
Nov 12th, 2009, 12:50 PM
How do we know if she turns up to practice and wants to be out on the golf course? I doubt she itches to get back on to the course, she's not the keenest supporter going around, even Adam has said she doesn't enjoy it. I don't think we should be hanging her out to dry and questioning her because she's simply living her private life and throwing some support behind Adam during the toughest period of his career. I understand that practice is not the issue here. But the fact that she's even practicing, as well as the locations (as in training at Melbourne Park, preparing at the Lexus Centre) shows me she is focused on making a strong return. She easily could've waited to get back to Brisbane, treated the Melbourne trip as another holiday and delayed her schedule another week, but no she didn't. If she truly was disinterested and unfocused she wouldn't be going to the lengths and preperations she is.

I just don't see how her actions have shown her lack of focus, perhaps it's a follow on after which was a very disinteresed and unfocused US/Asian leg. Or perhaps i am completely missing where you're coming from. As i said before, im going to give her the benefit of the doubt here.

I guess though we're going to have to agree to disagree at this point, cause i don't think we will ever share the same view on it. :lol:

gaviotabr
Nov 12th, 2009, 01:10 PM
How do we know if she turns up to practice and wants to be out on the golf course? I doubt she itches to get back on to the course, she's not the keenest supporter going around, even Adam has said she doesn't enjoy it. I don't think we should be hanging her out to dry and questioning her because she's simply living her private life and throwing some support behind Adam during the toughest period of his career. I understand that practice is not the issue here. But the fact that she's even practicing, as well as the locations (as in training at Melbourne Park, preparing at the Lexus Centre) shows me she is focused on making a strong return. She easily could've waited to get back to Brisbane, treated the Melbourne trip as another holiday and delayed her schedule another week, but no she didn't. If she truly was disinterested and unfocused she wouldn't be going to the lengths and preperations she is.

I just don't see how her actions have shown her lack of focus, perhaps it's a follow on after which was a very disinteresed and unfocused US/Asian leg. Or perhaps i am completely missing where you're coming from. As i said before, im going to give her the benefit of the doubt here.

I guess though we're going to have to agree to disagree at this point, cause i don't think we will ever share the same view on it. :lol:

Yes.. we will agree to disagree.

I would almost prefer if she treated this as another week of holiday. And would start practicing seriously next week. This kind of practice is the same she did last off season, and the same she did in july. And every single time it ended up with her being completely unfocused and uninterested. This.. "I'll practice when I'm not WAGing" is a very unserious way to treat a crucial off season, that demands complete focus and dedication. I'm not saying that she shouldn't be having a private life.. far from that. But right now is the time to get herself a base, a tennis coach and a fitness coach with her, and just be completely focused on tennis. Have her private life during her off time, not have her practice during the off time from the WAGing, which is what's happening. She doesn't even have a tennis coach with her... and who knows if she has the fitness coach, no news on him yet. She will practice for a couple of hours in the morning if he is playing in the afternoon and practice in the afternoon if he is playing in the morning... A serious practice would get her a plan to improve her tennis and her mental game, unrelated to external affairs, but still leave her some time for herself. The practicing now is nothing more than a way of not feeling guilty about it. Like telling herself she is not neglecting her tennis, since she is doing some work. Which is just an excuse.. practicing like this accounts for nothing as far as her tennis goes. It's about the attitude, the decisions, the dedication. She can do things her way, but it will not bring her the success she says she desires.. which is something I don't really believe anymore.

Still.. as I've said before, I would love to be proven wrong. And I would be very happy if you are right. Unfortunately, I don't think it's the case. I still remember how when Ana said she would be going to Australia for preparations in the middle of october, everyone was celebrating about how early she would begin her practices, and how that seemed like a sign of her determination. I said I thought she was going to Australia early only because of Adam, and would be doing nothing but WAGing for a long while. People even told me I was wrong.. Well.. unfortunately I was proven right.. and I'm really sad to think it will be the case this time around as well.

gaviotabr
Nov 14th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Out of the oven article.. nothing really new though...

Ana and Adam look for their A-game

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2009/11/14/1225797/733234-adam-scott-amp-ana-ivanovic.jpg

Adam Scott & Ana Ivanovic

Power couple... Adam Scott and Ana Ivanovic (inset) are the latest glamour sporting couple. But while thier romance appears to be hotting up neither is finding form where it matters. Source: The Sunday Telegraph

TIGER Woods wasn't the only drawcard at Kingston Heath yesterday with former tennis No.1 Ana Ivanovic brightening the fairways as she followed her man Adam Scott early in the day.

Scott, the former world No.3, showed signs of life in a troubled year as he charged to six under for the tournament before a double bogey on the 16th tripped him up.

Scott is looking at the Australian summer as a springboard to 2010 after watching his world ranking plummet to 62. His two best results in the PGA championship this year came in January - second in the Sony Open in Hawaii and 18th in the Mercedes-Benz championship, which was won by Geoff Ogilvy.

Curiously, Ivanovic has seen her ranking drop to 22 this year as her game as floundered. The Serbian star has hired Cathy Freeman's former personal trainer in a bid to improve her Australian Open chances.

Scott looked like starting his revival yesterday with a flawless round up to his travails on 16, finishing with a 69 to be at five under. Birdies on the fourth, 10th, 13th and 14th gave him an outside chance of vying for the title in today's final round.

But now he can kiss that goodbye and hope to carry some momentum into next month's Australian Open on the New South Wales course at La Perouse.

At his best Scott is one player capable of going shot-for-shot with anyone - including Tiger Woods - but sadly that man has barely been sighted. When there are glimpses of the true Adam Scott, like yesterday, it only adds to the frustration.

As he struggled just to make the cut at the height of his horrors mid-year, Scott acknowledged he had lost confidence in his game. "There were a couple of points where I really didn't know which way I was going to hit it. I just had to aim straight and hope it was not too far either way, it was a terrible feeling,'' he said.

It was the control in his game that was most impressive on the testing Kingston Heath layout after he had opened with two rounds of 71.

The Queenslander is determined to re-establish himself in the top 10 and there is no reason why he can't get there. "The goal is to win golf tournaments and hopefully majors and world golf events and Players' Championships,'' Scott said last week. "That's where I want to be. I want to be contending in those so that's what I'm working towards.''

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/golf/ana-and-adam-look-for-their-a-game/story-e6frey60-1225797713972

At least he seems to still have passion for his sport.. unlike his girlfriend.. :rolleyes:

gaviotabr
Nov 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM
There is a lenthy article on Adam in the Sunday Telegraph and he speaks about Ana. The article is actually interesting to see how much they think or speak alike. I wonder how much he is a powerful influence to Ana. Anyway.. I'll post the parts that mention her, and if anybody wants to read the whole thing, there is a link at the end.

Then there's the matter of the arrival of his girlfriend, Ana Ivanovic, the Serbian tennis glamazon and former French Open champion. As serendipity would have it, the 22-year-old will be spending a significant chunk of time on the Gold Coast preparing for the Australian Open and the Brisbane International in January.

When I ask about Ivanovic, Scott smiles. "She's really lovely and a great girl. It's been going very well," he says. "She's based in Europe and, at some point between our two tours, we manage to see each other."

The couple met through their mutual sponsor, Rolex, late last year, when Ivanovic was in Queensland preparing for the Brisbane tournament, and have been together - or as together as nomadic professional athletes can be - ever since.

"It's good to have some other things come from the relationship [with Rolex] other than nice watches," Scott says with a laugh.

The relationship puts paid to the recent playboy rumours about Scott and the gossip that had him briefly dating actor Kate Hudson in January. Scott says they're "just friends".

(The playboy tag is something of a misnomer; before Ivanovic, the professional golfer was in a seven-year relationship.)

Dating a fellow elite athlete, however, "absolutely" makes things easier. "There's
a huge level of understanding," Scott says.

"You understand what each other goes through. Our performances this year weren't so good, so we need to figure things out a little bit more."

Perhaps spending more time together?
"Maybe that's the trick."

In fact, they've been together quite a bit this year. Scott was in the stands at Wimbledon and Ivanovic brought a touch of style to the Barclays Scottish Open in July, where he tied for fourth.

After that, they had a holiday in New York and then Ivanovic was in Singapore when Scott returned to form and threw the monkey off his back to earn a $187,000 payday on November 1.

"She'll be in Australia for most of the time I'm here this summer," he says.

"That might be the real test - if she can put up with me."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26335192-5001021,00.html

Also, this quote from him is interesting:

When I remind him of that 2004 victory, he smiles. "There were a lot of really great things in my game then that I probably took for granted, which is what you do when you're young," he says. "When you're young, it's all about raw talent.

"But golf is mentally challenging. When things are good, it's easy to think you can only play that way, and then when things aren't so good, you think you're always going to be playing badly.

Mental strength is a big asset."

Good that he recognizes it. Hopefully he can get this into Ana's head as well.

Mihaela
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks, gaviotabr.

I learned something new about Adam. They are very similar...made for each other :) Same nature, same way of thinking...

gaviotabr
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:22 PM
New article... not really an article, more a mosaic of pics. From The Sunday State Edition:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2696/kingston9.jpg

Curtos07
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM

I think we already know that answer to that. :lol: They're with each other all the time. I am counting down the days until their marriage. :tape: :lol:

So Adam has said himself that Ana will be with him the remainder of the off-season. Well, I have no problem with that, but what I do care about is when will Sven or somebody else get down there. Now that's the important question. She will practice soon, if not already, but she won't get anything out of it if she is all alone making the same mistakes as before? :help:

gaviotabr
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:38 PM

I think we already know that answer to that. :lol: They're with each other all the time. I am counting down the days until their marriage. :tape: :lol:

So Adam has said himself that Ana will be with him the remainder of the off-season. Well, I have no problem with that, but what I do care about is when will Sven or somebody else get down there. Now that's the important question. She will practice soon, if not already, but she won't get anything out of it if she is all alone making the same mistakes as before? :help:

She obviously hasn't learned a thing with last years off season. And that's all I can say, as I've promissed to tone the negativity down. :sobbing:

Sven will be in Amsterdam at least until the end of the wheelchair tennis masters on November 22. And we know she doesn't have any other coach...

gaviotabr
Nov 14th, 2009, 10:50 PM
This article is the scan of the article posted above with the title "Ana and Adam look for their A game". I won't put it as a pic, as it's really large and will mess up with the forum big time.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6665/kingston25.jpg

gaviotabr
Nov 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Adam posted today his 3rd straight top 10 finish in a golf tournament. It seems he had not done that since May 2008. Hopefully Ana can enjoy some resurgence early next year as well. She hasn't played a QF in 9 tournaments.

Curtos07
Nov 23rd, 2009, 03:03 AM
Adam posted today his 3rd straight top 10 finish in a golf tournament. It seems he had not done that since May 2008. Hopefully Ana can enjoy some resurgence early next year as well. She hasn't played a QF in 9 tournaments.

Best golf he has played all year. He's finally finding his game again. Maybe it will motivate Ana. :angel:

gaviotabr
Dec 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
So.. since we are in no news times.. I'm going to post this meanless (:lol:) tidbit:

Scott? Well, we haven't heard from him yet. He has an interview scheduled for today, but passing when he was doing one of those ''like/dislikes fillers'' for host telecaster Network Ten, the question was heard - ''Blondes or brunettes?''

''Brunettes,'' he replied. Pity help him if he hadn't. His girlfriend is top tennis player Ana Ivanovic.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/golf/conditions-tough-but-trying-to-get-info-out-of-appleby-even-harder-20091201-k3wj.html

Adam has a tournament in Sydney this week.. good thing? Ana has remained in Noosa practicing.. :D Next week, he will have a tournament in Coolum, which is just around Noosa. 10 minutes away, from what I could read... hopefully Ana sticks to her training and doesn't make a cameo appearance. :tape::lol:

gaviotabr
Dec 3rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
So.. It seems Adam is doing great now. He shot a -4 yesterday, to be tied for 5th, two shots behind the leaders. Pretty good...

AAH!! Look at me, I seem like a golf specialist now.. :sobbing: Horror!

Anyway.. hopefully this inspires Ana to do well next season.. she really needs to start strong somehow. :sobbing:

MM_1257
Dec 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
Well... Like I use to say - Ana brings luck to her boyfriends. So far we have known only of two boyfriends and she brought them luck. Verdasco bloosomed during their relationship and his career began rising, he became the "hero of Spain" after that DC match and look what happened in Australia, when she left him, his hurt ego put R afa at an edge of loosing, he was dominating that match... Now Adam is doing great! I am glad for him, do not understand me wrong. ;) :)

Golovinjured.
Dec 6th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Adam is leading the Australian Open by 4 shots, with 4 holes to play.

Let's see if he can fuck this up Ivanovic-style. :armed:

Golovinjured.
Dec 6th, 2009, 05:44 AM
15th: Went in the bunker, average bunker shot, quite a putt left for par.

EDIT: HE MAKES THE PUTT FOR PAR? :eek:

Leads by 4, 3 holes left.

AstuteLearner8
Dec 6th, 2009, 05:49 AM
And Adam Scott wins Australian Open :bounce:. Will this be a foreshadowing for Ana's Australian Open 2010? Stay tuned to find out....

Golovinjured.
Dec 6th, 2009, 05:52 AM
He hasn't won it yet. :weirdo:

Curtos07
Dec 6th, 2009, 05:56 AM
He has now! :bounce: Congratulations to Adam, he has been playing wonderful golf these past two months. :) I think he is in stored for a big 2010. Now, if only the same could be said for his girlfriend. :lol: Come on, I so want a great 2010 season for Anadam. :hearts: