PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean to be a scrappy tennis player?

both99
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I am on a beginners women's tennis league and we were all talking about how the better tennis players look so graceful. I mentioned that I'm like a clod and not that graceful. My partner told me, "yeah, but you are scrappy". What does this mean?

I am known for being aggressive and having powerful volleys at the net. Just wondering if how she may have meant that comment. Thanks.

The Witch-king
Jul 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I don't know but i would imagine you run a lot and get to a lot of balls? That's the first thing that pops in my head when i hear scrappy... But if it's supposed to be opposiste of what u said u are like then i don't know.

drake3781
Jul 19th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I am on a beginners women's tennis league and we were all talking about how the better tennis players look so graceful. I mentioned that I'm like a clod and not that graceful. My partner told me, "yeah, but you are scrappy". What does this mean?

I am known for being aggressive and having powerful volleys at the net. Just wondering if how she may have meant that comment. Thanks.

Your first post! :eek:

the jamierbelyea
Aug 8th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I'd say being scrappy would be, you're not exactly the most talented, or have the best technique, but you can track down a lot, and make people play. It may not be beautiful, but it works.

Monica Niculescu is the picture of scrappiness these days.

mojoo999
Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:35 AM
Maybe your movement is just awkward?