PDA

View Full Version : Alize back to "BASICS" trying to get her rythme back on clay

améliemomo
Jul 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Alize at that time last year was in very good rythme and won many matches.
This year its totally different,we all know that she's slumping bad since the Indian Wells Tournament.
She lost her confidence and rythme cause of early loss in every tournament she entered since then.

She has to start from the basics and decides to come back on her favourite surface clay to try recover her rythme.

FIRST STOP: Budapest

She won the title last year,also on doubles.Would be very tough to defend in her state of confidence so just hope her to win some matchs there.
The recovery will be slow imo so lets support her in that tough period she's living now and still keep some hopes she'll get out of it as soon as possible.Its tough to be a fan of her these time but she must feel very bad herself.

So lets go Alize!do your best!:singer::armed:

Alizé Molik
Jul 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
allez ma petite, on croit en toi!

Derek.
Jul 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Come on, you can do it. :hug:

Dinayer
Jul 4th, 2009, 11:13 PM
still believe :sobbing:
Allez!!!!

Temperenka
Jul 5th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I still believe in you, Alize. :banana:

améliemomo
Jul 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Alize draw is out:

(6)Alona Bondarenko v Karolina Sprem
Iona Raluca Olaru v (wc)Greta Arn
Q v Shahar Peer
Galina Voskoboeva v (2)Alize Cornet

she faces Voskoboeva of Kazhakstan in first round. Dont want to go further.Every match alize playing these days are tough. let's hope she ll be able to deliver her best there.

Allez.

Alizé Molik
Jul 5th, 2009, 12:50 PM
scary this part of the draw, everyone is potential threat to Alizé

Dorien.
Jul 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Round by round... Good luck Alizé!

(But not an easy draw :o)

Dinayer
Jul 5th, 2009, 04:24 PM
:scared:
Good luck :)

améliemomo
Jul 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM
scary this part of the draw, everyone is potential threat to Alizé

Its simply the pure truth,but not only in this draw. EVERY PLAYER is potential threat for the actual alize:help::shrug:
if she's able to win more than one match,it will be already a "performance" for her.
We ll know more about her form after the first match.

Not expecting anything big there.(want to preserve myself some other disappointment:secret: )

Aaric
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Well I have faith yet :lol:
She probably wont defend the title, but I´ll be happy if she at least reach the QFs
Come back soon Alizé !!! :hug:

améliemomo
Jul 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
welcome here Aaric, if you want to introduce yourself please go there;)http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=374188

alize needs all our support.:wavey:

améliemomo
Jul 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
alize is also playing double this week. Great partner she play with ; eleni danilidou.:)

She starts the tournament tomorrow in first match on centre court.

Aaric
Jul 6th, 2009, 10:41 PM
welcome here Aaric, if you want to introduce yourself please go there;)http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=374188

alize needs all our support.:wavey:

Oh thank you
I´ll do it
:D

Pax
Jul 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Alizé leads 4-2 in the first set :)

Allez Alizé :bounce::bounce:

MsPaula
Jul 7th, 2009, 12:06 PM
:)Alizé leads 4-2 in the first set :)

Allez Alizé :bounce::bounce:

Allez Alize! You can do it you just have to believe in yourself!

Pax
Jul 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
6-3 1-0 Allez!!!!

tea
Jul 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
So far so good:D She's playing really well atm. 4-1 second set.

Pax
Jul 7th, 2009, 12:20 PM
6-3 4-1 :D Alizé behaves well.

Aaric
Jul 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Alize won :D:D:D
6-3, 6-1

améliemomo
Jul 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
she won 6-3 6-1:D

it was not a high quality match but alize fight from the beginning till the end.She fought in a positive way and its been a loooong time she ever won a match in that score.
Many little positive things seen there.
Her serve seemed better, she must had worked on it imo. She used simple tactics,her backhand was very good and her forehand returns were great.
The difference is obvious, she really WANTS to play good and win.She had the good behaviour there.
Well she's not out of the slump yet, Peer must be tougher than that. She has to keep that fighting spirit up and continue believing in herself. Play simple like she did there.

Allez!:)

Derek.
Jul 7th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Alizé! :banana:

So happy for her. :D

Temperenka
Jul 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Great :yeah: Good to see her with another win! Hopefully she can get a few more (like.. 5? ;) )

améliemomo
Jul 7th, 2009, 04:48 PM
lets take it match after match,that's better. Even if she showed some very good things today, she s not out of her slump yet.
She's gonna face Shahar Peer next and it will be WAY Tougher,just lets hope she'll find her rythme and pass through that big stage of 2 consecutives wins

Allez

Dorien.
Jul 7th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I'm happy with this first win :)

Hmm it will be though against Peer but good luck Alizé!

justine schnyder
Jul 7th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Omg was that a win??/
Well done Alize. Keep it up!

Dinayer
Jul 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Alize :bigclap:
Im so happy with this win :D
good luck in the next round :yeah:

Allez!!!!

HowardH
Jul 8th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Are we putting her scores in this thread now? Alize is really struggling with Shahar, she is under attack most of the time, and even though she broke Shahar when she served for the set, she lost her serve immediately after so has lost the first set 6-2 :sad:. It really doesn't look good for Alize unless something changes soon.

tea
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:10 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/21d3pg4.jpg

2-6 0-6:o

HowardH
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
She lost 2 and 0 to Shahar. In the very last game there was a second serve called out that was well in but seriously it didn't matter, at most Alize would have won one more game. She was just under attack the entire time, her bh and serve were always weak, and for the last few games she was on the verge of tears. Alize :sobbing: :hug:

HowardH
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Yes Tea, that picture says it all. That was during the second set wasn't it, at about 0-3? She already knew it was over.

tea
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Yea Howard, it was in the middle of the 2nd set. Peer was good today, no doubt, but Alize could have tried to resist at least, what she didn't, what she don't wanted to.:o Is this that girl who was known as a fighter some time ago?:o

HowardH
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I think Alize still fights, but she spends a lot of energy fighting herself now, so she has less energy left over to fight her opponent. She needs to be her own supporter, not her own enemy. She just needs more positive emotions. Tactically, I think she needs to learn to be more aggressive again. I also think something needs to be done about her bh, which just has no control or spin now and cannot defend without losing control. Serve needs work too. But most important is her mind.

MsPaula
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
:sad:I think Alize still fights, but she spends a lot of energy fighting herself now, so she has less energy left over to fight her opponent. She needs to be her own supporter, not her own enemy. She just needs more positive emotions. Tactically, I think she needs to learn to be more aggressive again. I also think something needs to be done about her bh, which just has no control or spin now and cannot defend without losing control. Serve needs work too. But most important is her mind.

Oh dear! Alize, where has your confidence gone? She is really struggling with the mental part of her game, isn't she? So sad for her.

Temperenka
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:09 PM
:sad: I never thought she would be having results like this after the AO. I don't know what she should do to find her rhythm again.... even smaller tournaments?

Dorien.
Jul 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Alizé :hug: This will be very hard for her. The next months will be hard, hopefully she can find enough positive energy to fight back :hug:

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Cant say what will get her out of this crappy thing she's living it. Its all in her mind I think.
What the hell did she was thinking?that she'll go there against peer and that she didnt need to fight on EACH POINT!
I still think she forgot all her basics and today she clearly showed that. She's nowhere right now, in the shadow.
Yes Erik, I think she must play smaller tournament and go to learn from the girls who play that kind of tournaments, how to fight cause you dont have choice.
With this early loss she'll lose many points, dont know if she'll stay top30. That must be horrible seing your ranking drop every week whereas last year at that time you was only winning and winning but every loss is just too much. The fact is that I dont know if she'll ever find the solution to this horrible slump.:sad:

Dont know what to say cause there's no precise solution for her.Will she ever come back to her best level by playing smaller tournaments? perhaps yes BUT perhaps no. We just cant know it.
Its all about alize and her mind. Lets keep patient and hope she'll find a way to get back where she was but it could take long. You have to be prepared for that eventuality.It could take more weeks, months or even we have to look for next year.That's a serious thing she's experiencing now.

She still needs big support especially now so ALLEZ Alize!you have to be strong and courageous!

hellas719
Jul 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
2-6 2-5 in doubles :bigcry:
I bet Eleni has all those double faults :o

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
She lost 2 and 0 to Shahar. In the very last game there was a second serve called out that was well in but seriously it didn't matter, at most Alize would have won one more game. She was just under attack the entire time, her bh and serve were always weak, and for the last few games she was on the verge of tears. Alize :sobbing: :hug:

Thanks for the precisions. I couldnt watch the match and I m asking how a "non powerful" player like Peer could "attack" that much alize on a ver slow surface like clay??I already watched peer matchs and reading your report I m just surprized how much she appeared so a threat to alize:tape::help:
you know what I mean? alize must appear to her opponents as a poor hurted animal without any defense.

Poor alize, her lack of confidence is sooooo obvious,she really needs to work on her attitude. I m disappointed cause yesterday she seemed "in control" but somewhat I knew Peer will be the big test.

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM

surely alize more. I dont think any of them are happy being on the court right now.

HowardH
Jul 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I already watched peer matchs and reading your report I m just surprized how much she appeared so a threat to alize:tape::help:
you know what I mean? alize must appear to her opponents as a poor hurted animal without any defense.

Poor alize, her lack of confidence is sooooo obvious,she really needs to work on her attitude. I m disappointed cause yesterday she seemed "in control" but somewhat I knew Peer will be the big test.

In the first set, after Shahar got to 5-0, Alize won two games. Shahar called her coach then, she seemed worried that Alize might come back. Her coach told her not to worry, if she attacked Alize she would definitely win. "Just press her, press her, trust me you'll get her", or something like that. It seems that many of the coaches and players know that if they press Alize now she will succumb.

I've never seen Shahar attacking so much, she is normally just a consistent player without a great deal of power. But Alize was constantly well behind the baseline retrieving. Many times Shahar hit a hard shot to her backhand and Alize lost control. I don't remember many points dominated by Alize. Her serve was being attacked a lot, quite a few winners on the return of serve. The commentator was saying that Shahar had clearly come out with a gameplan to be aggressive. I'm not sure if Shahar has increased her power or if it was just an illusion caused by the way the match was going, but it certainly looked as if Shahar was the more powerful player.

Dorien.
Jul 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for your reports Howard :yeah:

Dorien.
Jul 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM

They are both in bad form. And that's doubles...

améliemomo
Jul 8th, 2009, 08:28 PM
thanks for the report howard:)

that's known by many coachs that alize is strugling these days, she mustnt stay that way back on the court.
Well its a slow recovery so.Courage.

Dinayer
Jul 9th, 2009, 12:01 AM
:bigcry:
Since AO she isnt the same.....we miss you, Alize :sad:
but I still believe in her :D

Allez Alize!!

Alizé Molik
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:36 AM
trust me HowardH, I've seen Peer play many times and she has no power, but anyone can look like sharapova when they've got powderpuffizé as their opponent :(

I hope she takes some time off the grieve for moncourt.

justine schnyder
Jul 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
wow :help:
I can't believe it :o saw the 1st set and she actually let Shahar overpower her.. I'm Israeli, I love Peer, but TBH I was hoping Alize would pull this win as she needed it really badly.. But if a player like Shahar blew her off the court so..

améliemomo
Jul 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
trust me HowardH, I've seen Peer play many times and she has no power, but anyone can look like sharapova when they've got powderpuffizé as their opponent :(

I hope she takes some time off the grieve for moncourt.

on l'Equipe they said that alize was very affected and chocked about the montcourt disparition that she had not the mind to play tennis.
Dont know what to think about that. She just cant be that bad from one day to another. Her first round was quite convincing and then PAF a "non match" against peer. Something was wrong there.

Well see you in Palermo alize,hopefully with more positive thoughts.:hug:

Dinayer
Jul 9th, 2009, 11:16 PM
awwwww Alize :hug: :hug: :hug:

améliemomo
Jul 11th, 2009, 05:19 PM
And the draw doesnt help her neither

Palermo draw is out:

R1:Alize Cornet vs Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez

who just won bastad beating wozniacki in 2.

why??why?:banghead:

Derek.
Jul 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe Martinez will withdraw, but I doubt it.

First round loss. :o

améliemomo
Jul 11th, 2009, 05:46 PM
oh God why didnt she chose to play Pragues instand? she's looking for rythme that means , winning matches.:(
This first round is simply the worst draw she could have:tape:

I wont say that she's surely gonna lose against that player but come on, life can appear so cruel sometimes. Especially for alize who desperatly needs wins.

tea
Jul 11th, 2009, 05:50 PM
What a luck:lol:
At least we have a perfect excuse on this inevitable loss.

Temperenka
Jul 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Tough tough draw for Alize. :o

Maybe she will surprise us :shrug:

:sobbing:

améliemomo
Jul 11th, 2009, 06:01 PM

hope is a big thing, its been 6 months now that we are hoping.

but well at least its free:o

Dinayer
Jul 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
oh my God...:sobbing:
good luck Alize :hug:

Dorien.
Jul 11th, 2009, 07:27 PM
OMG this is a nightmare :help:

Good luck anyway :)

Alizé Molik
Jul 12th, 2009, 04:27 AM
hope is a big thing, its been 6 months now that we are hoping.

but well at least its free:o

every tournament she's played since earlier this year i've prayed she'll just come out as old alize, so far it hasn't happened.

améliemomo
Jul 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
every tournament she's played since earlier this year i've prayed she'll just come out as old alize, so far it hasn't happened.

pareil pour moi mais bon elle finira bien par regagner des matchs, peut etre pas en s'alignant dans des gros tournois, dailleurs il est probable si elle continue ŕ perdre d'entree comme ça, elle sera obligé de jouer de moins gros tournois.C'est peut etre ce qui l'aidera car la elle n'a pas le niveau de son classement actuel.

Aaric
Jul 13th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Sorry for not posting before but I have not been able to get wi fi
Alize is becoming soooo dissapointing, i mean, i don't know, it's like Nicole, it's so annoying seeing her suffer that way... As I've always said, " next tournament will be the good one " :rolleyes:

Aaric
Jul 13th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Tough tough draw for Alize. :o

Sorry if I offend u ( not my intention ), but there's 90% chances of being destroyed by Maria Jose ( I'd be happy for Mariajo but :sad:

Alizé Molik
Jul 13th, 2009, 04:06 AM
pareil pour moi mais bon elle finira bien par regagner des matchs, peut etre pas en s'alignant dans des gros tournois, dailleurs il est probable si elle continue ŕ perdre d'entree comme ça, elle sera obligé de jouer de moins gros tournois.C'est peut etre ce qui l'aidera car la elle n'a pas le niveau de son classement actuel.

oui, on espčre! :rolleyes: sans pression de défendre des points peut-ętre elle va retrouver son esprit..

HowardH
Jul 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Lol, my school French is letting me down, I can just understand the bit about Alize maybe rediscovering her fighting spirit without the pressure of defending points, and also the bit about being forced to enter smaller tournaments. Alize Molik, I was glad you replied to Ameliemomo, because I understood your comment much more easily. So many words I don't know in your comment Ameliemomo, good thing I'm a good guesser :lol:.

MJMS is tough, no doubt, but also because she has done so well recently, maybe that will take pressure off Alize? I guess we'll find out soon.

justine schnyder
Jul 13th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Aiaiai.. Good luck.

améliemomo
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Lol, my school French is letting me down, I can just understand the bit about Alize maybe rediscovering her fighting spirit without the pressure of defending points, and also the bit about being forced to enter smaller tournaments. Alize Molik, I was glad you replied to Ameliemomo, because I understood your comment much more easily. So many words I don't know in your comment Ameliemomo, good thing I'm a good guesser :lol:.

lol HowardH a good guesser:lol: I said to damien about what you said, that if she continues losing early like she does for 6 months now,she will be forced to play smaller tournament cause her ranking will drop. That probability may be the soulution to help her get back on track.

MJMS is tough, no doubt, but also because she has done so well recently, maybe that will take pressure off Alize? I guess we'll find out soon.

Yes that's a very smart comment. That could happen but until then, you have to know that alize entered the double draw ,she's pairing olga savchuk and play today.Dont know what she'll do but at least she's trying. Go Alize!

Centre Court (from 16.00hrs)
1. Parra Santonja vs. Palkina (Singles Q Final)
2. Brianti vs. Pavlyuchenkova (NB 18.30hrs)
3. Vinci vs. Domínguez Lino (NB 20.30hrs)
4. Cornet/Savchuk vs. Craybas/Grandin

omg italians are sheduling so late,first match at 16h00:help: alize will play very late

shar1982
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Good luck Ali! Allez!!!!

Dorien.
Jul 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I think that's because of the heat in Palermo. It's too hot there for playing on the afternoon.

Good luck!

améliemomo
Jul 13th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I think that's because of the heat in Palermo. It's too hot there for playing on the afternoon.

well its quite the same in Australia even worse I think but they play it earlier lol

Alizé Molik
Jul 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
well its quite the same in Australia even worse I think but they play it earlier lol

oui mais pour nous c'est normal! :kiss:

sorry to HowardH! For some reason sometimes the post just happen in French, but we really shouldn't for others I think. Alizé has such international fans. :drool::worship:

améliemomo
Jul 13th, 2009, 07:27 PM
oui mais pour nous c'est normal! :kiss:

sorry to HowardH! For some reason sometimes the post just happen in French, but we really shouldn't for others I think. Alizé has such international fans. :drool::worship:

lol yes but you should go to the spanish players section who speak spanish most of the time:p
well you know ,I dont know for you who live in Australia but as a french who lives in France so no used that much of speacking english, sometimes its just automatic you cant help putting some words in your native language :drool:
I know it cause I do it with my momosapiens friends and amelie has MANY english speakers fans lol but they like reading amelie interview in french. I think being french is totally a part of alize who cant be hidden. Perhaps should we create a french speackers thread there like I saw in mentennisforum for richard gasquet. Nice threads in which french and enlish speakers share some connections and translations for those who want to understand what the player said on interview etc...:wavey:

tea
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:04 AM
They won doubles yesterday 7-6(4) 6-1.:) I guess this Palermo tournament probably has lights on centre court, because they played really late.

Tuesday, 14 July
COURT 2 Starting at: 4:00 PM
Nathalie VIERIN (ITA) vs Yaroslava SHVEDOVA (KAZ) followed by
Gisela DULKO (ARG) vs Anna-Lena GROENEFELD (GER) followed by
Alize CORNET (FRA) vs Maria Jose MARTINEZ SANCHEZ (ESP)

Allez!

améliemomo
Jul 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Well in fact they didnt play doubles on centre court cause the vinci match was too long. Maybe palermo has many lights on the big courts. They must have played on court2.

Dorien.
Jul 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm happy to see a win and hopefully a second one today :)

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Wish I could see the match. She seems to be doing fine at the start at least.

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Livescore seems to have frozen :confused:.

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Oh well, I guess I'll find out what happened when I get up.

shar1982
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM
What's the Score?

améliemomo
Jul 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
impossible to know the exact result but from what I understood from italians commentators, alize lost.

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I have no idea what the score is I'm afraid. This livescore thing is not working at all in this tournament. Also, I quite like a bit of French in Alize's forum, I get to practice my school lessons and maybe pick up one or two new words, and of course we know she is French so we expect some French comments. I think it's better for the international fans to mix in the same thread with the French fans, we all gain something from that. So long as there are enough English comments as well those of us with limited or no French will still be able to contribute to the thread. I just get lost when the sentences are long sometimes.

I do know a little French, so it's not just pure guessing Ameliemomo, it's educated guessing :lol:. Here, I'll put something in French.

Je fais des excuses pour toutes les erreurs. J'ai étudié le français pendant trois années en Nouvelle Zélande, mais je suis un peu rouillé. Aussi, męme aprčs trois ans mon vocabulaire est petit. Le plus souvent je peux comprendre des commentaires français simples, mais s'il y a deux mots ou plus que je ne sais pas c'est difficile. Mais il est bon parce que peut-ętre j'apprendrai ces mots. Je m'arręterai maintenant parce que l'inscription en français est lente et fatiguante pour moi.

I fully understand why you might type in French without thinking. As I just experienced, it is easier to type in your native language. Of course your English (Alize Molik and Ameliemomo and really every French poster on this forum) is a lot better than my French, since I can tell you are very fluent. Anyway, to those who don't know French, I just explained that because my vocab is a bit limited (to be honest, worse than any small French child :lol:) it can be difficult sometimes. But I still enjoy some French comments because I can learn new words. Anyway, no need to start a separate thread for French speakers. It's part of the flavour of this forum. And yes, here it is a lot better than the Spanish threads (or most of the German threads too). I don't even dare post there most of the time because I have no idea what is happening. But if enough of the posts are English then international people will be brave enough to contribute. This forum is good at making everyone feel welcome. In some other forums we feel like... we would be intruding on a private discussion. But not here ;).

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Alize lost? Alize :hug:. I guess it was too much to hope for. The sad thing is, a year ago this would have been a horrible loss. Now it is almost... expected. :sad:

Dinayer
Jul 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM
impossible to know the exact result but from what I understood from italians commentators, alize lost.

expected :sad: :sad:
this sucks.

HowardH
Jul 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I hope she at least made it close.

Lighter
Jul 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I hope she at least made it close.MJMS defeated Alizé 6-2 6-2. Score found on wta site.

Alizé has done anything since Dubaď.

justine schnyder
Jul 14th, 2009, 09:13 PM
:zzz:
It's just too expected.

Dorien.
Jul 14th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I agree with Neta.

It's sad she cannot find the winning mood back :sad:

MsPaula
Jul 15th, 2009, 12:21 AM
:sad:I agree with Neta.

It's sad she cannot find the winning mood back :sad:

Mon Dieu! It is sad that Alize can't seem to find her form. I am concerned she's lost her heart for tennis. Maybe she needs to take some time off and decide what she wants to do. Just a thought but does anyone know if she's having personal problems? I know from experience they can really hurt your functioning at work. I experienced that when I went through my divorce. Anyway, I hope she works through this difficult period and comes out even stronger.

Derek.
Jul 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Take a break. :o

Alizé Molik
Jul 15th, 2009, 04:22 AM
ouhlà I tire of these poor showings against players she could have beaten before (Even if MJ is in good form, it doesn't mean she has to lose just because another player is good)

I'm just praying she pulls it together at some stage, never mind the ranking or what have you, I just want her to not suck like this forever.

HowardH
Jul 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I have been thinking about Alize's slump for a while now. I think Alize needs to rebuild the confidence in her game, she has to be able to trust her shots, to trust herself. But I think it is difficult because it is a lot like rebuilding the trust in a failed relationship. Alize has to rebuild the trust in her game.

More and more I think that drastic measures are necessary for Alize. She needs help with her confidence, no doubt, everyone realises this, maybe a sports psychologist can help. But I am also starting to feel that in order to get this confidence she needs to go away and make a significant technical change to her backhand at least, maybe also the serve. Why? Not because this is completely necessary for her game to work, she has survived with her old backhand before. But because making such a change will help to give her a reason to believe that this time, things will be different. "Last time I was in this situation I lost, but I have really changed things, so this time will not be the same." I think that now when she starts to lose she gets a sinking feeling of deja vu, like the exact same thing is happening again. So she needs to break the routine.

Of course there is another way, she could win a super tough fight in an important match (eg Fed cup) and therefore regain her belief. That is the other option.

Anyway, whatever she does, she needs to find a way to get belief in her game and in herself back.

améliemomo
Jul 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
oh la la Howard I totally agree with you once again!:o:drool::p

no seriously, I was also thinking the same, especially about a technical change on her serve that I find quite "whatever". Dont know how to say in english but its only "correct",she 's not hurting with that.In fact she's hurting herself with it,especially on second serve.When she feels herself pressurind,she's making double faute behind. That is not normal. You're right she needs to break her routine to find a new breath. I know it cause amelie mauresmo was in the same tough situation, losing to players she used to beat at her best. Then she decided not to give up and retire, she changed her coach, worked on her serve and forehand,changed for a more simple technique. That worked quite well cause she won paris by beating 3 top10,thing she didnt do for 2 years!
Its very tough to get out from big struggle but if she's motivated to make changes,that can work for her to make the passion for tennis back. Get back the pleasure.That's the most important.

MsPaula
Jul 15th, 2009, 12:48 PM
:)oh la la Howard I totally agree with you once again!:o:drool::p

no seriously, I was also thinking the same, especially about a technical change on her serve that I find quite "whatever". Dont know how to say in english but its only "correct",she 's not hurting with that.In fact she's hurting herself with it,especially on second serve.When she feels herself pressurind,she's making double faute behind. That is not normal. You're right she needs to break her routine to find a new breath. I know it cause amelie mauresmo was in the same tough situation, losing to players she used to beat at her best. Then she decided not to give up and retire, she changed her coach, worked on her serve and forehand,changed for a more simple technique. That worked quite well cause she won paris by beating 3 top10,thing she didnt do for 2 years!
Its very tough to get out from big struggle but if she's motivated to make changes,that can work for her to make the passion for tennis back. Get back the pleasure.That's the most important.

What you and Howard are saying makes total sense. She needs to make some positive changes to her game both mentally and mechanically. Thank you to both for your great insight!

justine schnyder
Jul 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm sick of analyzing her loses since everything has been said, I think.
Now it's all about confidence, she's 100 defensive is watching her is just sad, it's not the same girl from 6 months ago who was motivated and creative.
I really feel sorry for Alize, I I'd recommend her to take a bit break, try to realize what's the right way for her to play tennis, what is the way that she likes to play tennis and regain her passion to the game and the winning feeling. And just like the title says, get back to basics.

améliemomo
Jul 15th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I ve just watched tatiana garbin beating martiez sanchez 6-2 6-3 being down 1-3 in the second set

garbin played with much agressivity and especially with her HEART.Martinez Sanchez wasnt that impressive.She chocked a bit in fact.:o
Oh alize, find your HEART BACK!do whatever you want but find it!:shout:

améliemomo
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM
this is the third and last tournament on clay alize is playing: BAD GASTEIN, Austria.

so here we are. The Draw is out. Kinda good draw when you know that there are some very good claycourters playing there. Alize avoids the like of schiavone,peer,suarez,gronfeld who are all in the other part of the draw. Bammer is on her half draw.

Alize will face Mariana Duque Marino from Colombia(RK 118)in first round.

Here's the draw for those who want even if we all learnt that we have to take match after match with alize for months now. http://www.matchmaker.at/gastein/Hopefully she'll be playing enough for us to maintain the hope and positive vibes.

Allez Alize, may this tournament gives you the rythme your searching for.:kiss:

améliemomo
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
another good and positive news, alize is playing doubles this week once again and is pairing with Ana-lena Groenefeld

good luck to them!:)

MsPaula
Jul 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
:)another good and positive news, alize is playing doubles this week once again and is pairing with Ana-lena Groenefeld

good luck to them!:)

Allez Alize! Win some matches and get your rhythm and rhyme back! Off topic, is she still dating that Austrian Diver?

Dorien.
Jul 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Good luck Alizé!

améliemomo
Jul 19th, 2009, 07:11 PM
:)

Off topic, is she still dating that Austrian Diver?

Well dont know, there's no news about that part of her private life these days so dont know

Aaric
Jul 19th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Well Alize lost but against MJMS, wich is not so bad
GL this week baby

Temperenka
Jul 19th, 2009, 11:38 PM
I picked her to go all the way this week in FITD! :)

justine schnyder
Jul 20th, 2009, 12:02 AM

:hug:

améliemomo
Jul 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM

we have to be believe, alize believe in you please!:bounce:;)

Alizé Molik
Jul 20th, 2009, 11:41 AM
un jour ça va changer!

HowardH
Jul 20th, 2009, 03:48 PM
un jour ça va changer!

Oui, nous devons continuer ŕ espérer, nous devons croire. Alize, we believe!

améliemomo
Jul 20th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Oui, nous devons continuer à espérer, nous devons croire. Alize, we believe!

bien dit mon ami:yeah:

OOP for tuesday,Centre Court,start 10:00:

2.Alize Cornet vs Marianna Duque Marino

Dinayer
Jul 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
Allez Alizé :hysteric:

HowardH
Jul 21st, 2009, 01:30 PM
Well done Alize. Phew. I thought she was a goner when she lost that lead in the second set. Not to mention being a break down early in the third. Of course that is not really the performance of a top seed, but we all know she is only the top seed in ranking at the moment. Alize tu vas me donner une crise cardiaque.

Dorien.
Jul 21st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Indeed it was again not an easy one. But i'm happy she won because like you said after that she lost the lead in the second set i thought it was over ;)

Dinayer
Jul 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :sobbing:
well done, Alizé :yeah:
nice fight :D

améliemomo
Jul 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
OMG Alize made us have a heartattack but God:eek:, that's so good when it ends with a win! a win that she had to fight for very strongly. She wasnt playing her best tennis for sure but guys do you know how much of time alize didnt win a three setter match?cant remember in fact:o
I was hopping her to have that kind of tight match where she'll have to fight and find the solutions by herself on the court. She was still fighting against herself but she managed to stay positive.
Congrats to her. She needs more of that kind of battle to find her confidence back.
That's a first step.Good one.

Allez Alize,we believe!:):kiss:

MsPaula
Jul 21st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Way to go Alize! Good job at not giving up on yourself!

Derek.
Jul 21st, 2009, 06:39 PM
Good fighting, Alizé! :hearts:

améliemomo
Jul 21st, 2009, 07:56 PM
OOP Wednesday 22, Centre court starting at 11h00 am

5. Alize Cornet(FRA)/Anna lena Groenefeld(GER) vs Sarah Borwell(GBR)/ Sharon Fishman(CAN)

go girls!

justine schnyder
Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:38 AM
I'm glad Alize won, and finally a nail biter match but I'm sorry, it's pretty obvious she won't win the next match so...

HowardH
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
I'm glad Alize won, and finally a nail biter match but I'm sorry, it's pretty obvious she won't win the next match so...

:shrug: Every match is a new beginning. I know we can't be sure of anything with Alize these days, but there is always a chance she can play well and win. Naturally there is also a chance that she plays poorly...

tea
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
:shrug: Every match is a new beginning. I know we can't be sure of anything with Alize these days, but there is always a chance she can play well and win. Naturally there is also a chance that she plays poorly...
Unfortunately, there isn't. :shrug: She isn't playing well like 5 months already, and it would be naive to expect any changes in one day. I don't know whether you have seen yesterday's match but if you didn't then don't worry because she'll repeat exactly the same stunning performance tomorrow.:D

Alizé Molik
Jul 22nd, 2009, 12:03 PM
Unfortunately, there isn't. :shrug: She isn't playing well like 5 months already, and it would be naive to expect any changes in one day. I don't know whether you have seen yesterday's match but if you didn't then don't worry because she'll repeat exactly the same stunning performance tomorrow.:D

lol well stunning is wildly generous. We have to hope that she can turn this year around, otherwise there is just no point to supporting her :shrug: I have to believe that she can.

améliemomo
Jul 22nd, 2009, 06:42 PM
OOP, Thursday 23, start 11h00

4.Alize Cornet(FRA) vs Patricia Mayr(AUS)

Dorien.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
They lost in doubles 64 64.

Good luck tomorrow :bounce:

Alizé Molik
Jul 23rd, 2009, 03:14 AM
i dont care if she plays ugly, I just want a win, that's what counts at the end of the day.

fight alizé!

améliemomo
Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
yes for sure. Prefer her to play ugly and win than play brillantly and... lose.

She must fight.No other choice.

Allez!

Dorien.
Jul 23rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
And she won against Mayr 36 64 61 :woohoo:

i'm really happy for her :hug:

Derek.
Jul 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Two wins in a row! :banana:

Well done, Alizé! :D

améliemomo
Jul 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
so happy to come home and see that alize fought and won once again:D

every win is a step to mak her rythme back. Didnt watch the match, someone did?well all that matters is that she won!yes she won!

Pax
Jul 23rd, 2009, 09:11 PM
so happy to come home and see that alize fought and won once again:D

every win is a step to mak her rythme back. Didnt watch the match, someone did?well all that matters is that she won!yes she won!

I saw the match. I'm not too optimistic. Alizé served bad and she didn't hit points. Mayr hit a lot of outs. Alizé only hit back the ball. I think she should improve her service games because against a top player it's not enough.

But I'm so happy, I hope she can find her form.:bounce: ALLEZ ALIZÉ!

Alizé Molik
Jul 24th, 2009, 01:21 AM
words cannot express how happy I am right now :cry: first QF since Paris or something!

Dorien.
Jul 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM
And she is in semifinal. :woohoo:

She won 64 26 62

I'm happy to see, she can fight again!

Derek.
Jul 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Alizé. :worship:

améliemomo
Jul 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM
3 wins in a row now:)

always very tough matches but its what she actually needs, she's fighting now and improve quite good match after match.

I read in l'equipe that alize is at bad gastein without her coach, I was watching her match today and saw zahlavova strycova coach coming during the pause and no coaching for alize.
I was like "he s gonna come to give her advices:scratch: but no since she's only with her physical coach and he doesnt coach lol.

In fact all this week she had to find the solutions of her tough situations by herself since her coach is absent(gone to holydays:p)
and other news: alize didnt get a mental coach because she thinks she doesnt need one, she's not in "critical situation" now so no need for one. That's brave imo and actually she was right since she's in a semi finale of that tournament, things that didnt happen for many months.

Well done alize for trying make your fighting back by your own. Wish her the best there.:)

Dinayer
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM
yay! :woohoo:
so good to see her winning (no matter how :p)

MsPaula
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM
:worship:yay! :woohoo:
so good to see her winning (no matter how :p)

Allez Alize! Tu es tres magnifique!----please forgive my French-it's been awhile since I've used it!:wavey:

améliemomo
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Paula your french is just perfect;)

feel free to express it the most you can, american accent when they speak french is cute imo:wavey:

justine schnyder
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Could it be? a SF for Alize?? Allez!!!

améliemomo
Jul 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
OOP Saturday 25, Centre Court start 12h00

2. Alize Cornet(FRA) vs Ioana Raluca Olaru(ROM)

Dinayer
Jul 24th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Allez Alize :armed:

Alizé Molik
Jul 25th, 2009, 03:59 AM
allez jusqu'au but ma princesse :D

ou est icelande?

améliemomo
Jul 25th, 2009, 11:33 AM
allez jusqu'au but ma princesse :D

ou est icelande?

Antoine? jsais pas ça fait une semaine qu'il poste plus, peut etre en vacance

HowardH
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Alize :sad: :hug:. Was too often on the defensive today. Even when she was up a break several times in the second set, I was worried because Olaru was doing most of the attacking. She served for the match too but she never looked like holding.

améliemomo
Jul 25th, 2009, 05:57 PM
omg over defensive alize was there again,and choking alize too!:sobbing::sobbing:

she played very good in the first set,broke to lead 1-0 in the second,served for the match and managed to lose!:weirdo:
dont know what to say,that is just another disappointing loss. She showed some good things this week,some fighting but well it is still much fragile.

She'll take one week off now and come back in cincinatti.

tea
Jul 25th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Have left following the match being sure she would win.:sad: Someway like in the previous matches... stupid me.:(

So is this week gonna be a positive start for the rest of the season, or is it just the regular loss delayed with 3 random wins?

améliemomo
Jul 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Prefer the first proposal to be honest but God the second is also one to happen.

She's playing hard court season next with much better players than the like of bad gastein. This win was soo important to get her confidence back.
Now I dont know which alize will come in us open series.
See ya in two weeks, I need some holydays:o:wavey:

Dinayer
Jul 25th, 2009, 06:21 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

tea
Jul 25th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Prefer the first proposal to be honest but God the second is also one to happen.

She's playing hard court season next with much better players than the like of bad gastein. This win was soo important to get her confidence back.
Now I dont know which alize will come in us open series.
Neither I do, but going to prepare myself for the worst. Going through far in the draw of any big hard court event seems to be very unlikely after she collapsed in the tiny clay court tourney. For someone reaching the semi would be great, but not for the number one seed. Oh...

Enjoy your holidays;) I'm also going to spend next two weeks near the sea with no any tennis worries involved.:D

HowardH
Jul 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Neither I do, but going to prepare myself for the worst. Going through far in the draw of any big hard court event seems to be very unlikely after she collapsed in the tiny clay court tourney. For someone reaching the semi would be great, but not for the number one seed. Oh...

Enjoy your holidays;) I'm also going to spend next two weeks near the sea with no any tennis worries involved.:D

Oh, two relaxing weeks near the sea, so jealous :drool:.

Yeah, it's still hard to see Alize having results on hard courts against top players at this point, although we can hope. I know Tea, we were all very happy that she finally won some matches, but really as the top seed she should have won the tournie, in theory at least. Of course we weren't thinking of it that way at all, any win at this point is big.

Bonnes vacances! :bigwave:

Dorien.
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Before this tournament i would be very happy with a semifinal and i'm still happy with it :)
Hopefully she took some positive things with her :hug:

MsPaula
Jul 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
:wavey:Before this tournament i would be very happy with a semifinal and i'm still happy with it :)
Hopefully she took some positive things with her :hug:

I am also happy with Alize's results. This was a much more positive tournament for her and it takes her into hard court season with some better confidence, I hope. Get some rest, Alize and we'll look forward to your North American tour. Allez!

MsPaula
Aug 3rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
I am anxious to see Alize back in action for the hard court season! Does anyone know if she is for sure playing in the Cincinatti tournament? Thanks! :)

améliemomo
Aug 5th, 2009, 01:33 PM
yes she's on the entry list paula; you will go in that tournament?

Michael.
Aug 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
come on alize ! get back to your old form .

MsPaula
Aug 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
:wavey:yes she's on the entry list paula; you will go in that tournament?

Thanks for the information! I'm afraid I won't be able to go to the Cinci tournament as I have to work :(

améliemomo
Aug 5th, 2009, 04:48 PM
:wavey:

Thanks for the information! I'm afraid I won't be able to go to the Cinci tournament as I have to work :(

:hug:

where do you live?

according to alize official website, she s in Nice at her home spending time with her family and will resume training to prepare for the hardcourt season.
She passed her driving license on monday too so lets hope she took it:)

MsPaula
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
:wavey::hug:

where do you live?

according to alize official website, she s in Nice at her home spending time with her family and will resume training to prepare for the hardcourt season.
She passed her driving license on monday too so lets hope she took it:)

I hope Alize also passed her drivers test. It took me about 3 times to pass mine! I live in a small state in the midwestern part of the US called South Dakota. We are primarily agricultural based and there is a lot of farm and ranch land here. We have clean air and water and we love to go hiking and fishing here. Out in the Western part of my state we have monument carved into the rocks with the heads of 4 of our US Presidents-Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson. I live in the Southeast corner of South Dakota and the city is Sioux Falls (pronounced Sue Falls) and it's the biggest city in the state at around 150,000 people. (told you it was a small state! :)) We have 4 seasons here: Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn. It's pretty hot and humid in the Summer and very cold and snowy in the Winter! We have an expression here that says "If you don't like the weather, wait a day and it will change!" Thanks for letting be a South Dakota Goodwill Ambassador! Have a great day/night!

améliemomo
Aug 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
oh paula so you live in that part of the USA?I know the monument of the 4 presidents heads, great monument indeed:yeah:
you're a very nice South Dakota ambassador and you make a very good job talking about it:hearts:

3 times? yes that s a difficult test that needs much of work;I know it cause my dad is a driving instructor. :D

Alizé Molik
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:08 AM
merci MsPaula! and you know you don't have to tell us french how to pronounce Sioux, it's french spelling :D welcome to alizé world!

et @ amira, elles étaient bien tes vacs?

MsPaula
Aug 6th, 2009, 03:35 AM
:Dmerci MsPaula! and you know you don't have to tell us french how to pronounce Sioux, it's french spelling :D welcome to alizé world!

You are so right! My bad! In fact our state capital is a town called Pierre, South Dakota. It was a French prospector named Henri LeBeau who designed the pattern in our Black Hills Gold Jewelry which contains patterns carved into the gold shaped like grape leaves and grapes because grapes grow wild in our Black Hills out in Western South Dakota. They are called the Black Hills because it's a higher elevation and the trees are so thick that they look black from a distance. Bonne Nuit to all!

améliemomo
Aug 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM

ouai ça va, j'ai pu me reposer et me lever plus tard lol j'aurais voulu rester plus mais pas possible:o
et toi? t'as des vacs?

paula your a encyclopedie lol I didnt know that South Dakota had french links,good to know. I knew about New Orleans who is really famous so thanks paula
"black hills " could be a very nice title for a book, I love Horror and Science Fiction so what do you think of "Murder in Black Hills"?

lol

MsPaula
Aug 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
:hearts:ouai ça va, j'ai pu me reposer et me lever plus tard lol j'aurais voulu rester plus mais pas possible:o
et toi? t'as des vacs?

paula your a encyclopedie lol I didnt know that South Dakota had french links,good to know. I knew about New Orleans who is really famous so thanks paula
"black hills " could be a very nice title for a book, I love Horror and Science Fiction so what do you think of "Murder in Black Hills"?

lol

I Love It!! It is tres bien!!

améliemomo
Aug 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM
merci merci :kiss:

I'm already writing a story right now but when I finish it Ill try to make "murder in black hills"

(ooooooooo :devil::lol::wavey: