PDA

View Full Version : Sub-forum name change?

InsideOut.
Jul 4th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Yes I'm bringing it up again. :( I personally think 'Beauty and her Beasts' definitely needs to be changed, it has nothing to do with Ana. :(

'Ana is Love' won the poll some time ago, right? ;)

Discuss. :hatoff::angel:

BackSpin
Jul 4th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Ana is Love :hearts: would be like the best name ever. It really shows who Ana is. Unless someone comes up with a better one I will go with this one.

InsideOut.
Jul 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I would like to suggest 'Chika Doo's College' :angel: but Ana is Love :hearts: sounds better :inlove:

Reckoner
Jul 4th, 2009, 11:30 PM
:lol:

Good luck with this campaign (again).

Horizon
Jul 5th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Yes please, as long as it's not Ajde Ana, that is so predictable :p

Ana is love :hearts:
Can we have smileys in the forum name?

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 5th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Yay! This again.:)

I wasnt in favor last time for a change but ill sit this one out(starting after this post;))
If the name does get changed, then ill just have to sit on my hands and whine and moan about it to myself, then bend over and take it up the ***.:angel:

Ana IS Love:hearts::inlove::hearts:

I like Beauty and her Beasts better.:(

Anyway, good luck with getting the name changed!!:)

:(

Horizon
Jul 5th, 2009, 01:37 AM
ill just have to sit on my hands and whine and moan about it to myself, then bend over and take it up the ***. :angel:

Easily too much information :secret:

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I'm okay with changing the name.. but I don't like "Ana is love" at all.. So if it does get changed to that, I guess I will join Jonny.. :lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 5th, 2009, 07:49 PM
So what do you propose Isa and Jonny? :p

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 6th, 2009, 12:24 AM
So what do you propose Isa and Jonny? :p

Im just:weirdo: I am sorry to interrupt your process.:o Keep doing what youre already doing, listen to people that want a name change and go from there. Remember last time the first popular choice didnt even make the final poll.
now i am really sitting this one out starting now;)

InsideOut.
Jul 6th, 2009, 04:19 AM
So let's hear more suggestions about possible names, and then we'll open a poll. :)

I propose Chika Doo's College. :p

So now we have:
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College

lucky_dumpling
Jul 6th, 2009, 06:15 AM
how bout "fistpump nation"?:drive:

spiritedenergy
Jul 6th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I propose Ajde Ana, simple, classy yet true:p

Nikkiri
Jul 6th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Ana is love :sobbing:

That is never gonna go away. :hysteric:

InsideOut.
Jul 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana

дalex
Jul 6th, 2009, 10:14 AM
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana

Good luck with running this process. :wavey:

Just try to make a good compromise.

Maybe you should think of having exciting/excitement in the name?

Cp6uja
Jul 6th, 2009, 11:11 AM
We should change this outdate “Beauty and her Beasts” forum name after “Ana” and “Ivanovic” become one of most recognized tennis “brandnames”, especially after she become last june GS Champion and WTA#1. That “B&B” name is OK in 2005-2006 when she is just TOP20 18yo beauty more known for her look than tennis achievements, but already about two years it’s simple outdated. This current name right now much more suits to be sub-forum name of players like for example Maria Kirilenko…etc… BTW even if “Beauty and her Beasts” sounds perfect – it’s simple wrong to have such name for Ana forum if at least 40% of her fans here is females and I really can’t see how some girl/women is able to “identify” herself in such “macho” name for fan group… we all know whatabout is that “Beauty and Beast” fair-tale… right?

This is not first time that we discuss here about name-change. During 2008 summer we have referendum-poll here are we need to change name of Ana Ivanovic players forum or not, and more than enough (over 2/3 voters) percentages agree with change. In 2008 post-season pause I started New Name Elections process which was vetoed at end by subforum moderator “Dexter” during last step, superfinal poll between “Ana is Love” and “Ajde Ana!”. No mater will we find and choose new name for forum now or not, I think already during this Name Change process we should to replace old “Beauty and her Beasts” name with some “neutral name” like:

Ana Ivanovic

or

Ana

or

ANA

and when we finally choose new name, we will replace chosen temporary name. So my suggestion is that before start of Change Name process we should to choose one temporary name and replace “Beauty and her Beasts”.

Polikarpov
Jul 6th, 2009, 12:08 PM
My suggestion:

AJDEMO!

:tape::lol:

azdaja
Jul 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Yes I'm bringing it up again. :( I personally think 'Beauty and her Beasts' definitely needs to be changed, it has nothing to do with Ana. :(
you can't make connection between the word "beauty" and ana? :confused:

this name was proposed by a member who doesn't post here anymore as an improvement of cp6uja's proposal "beauty and (the) best" and the idea behind it was that ana is the beauty from the forum name and her beasts are her fans and each could pick up a mythical creature for himself. the idea didn't work since it seems people didn't like to be beasts.

i don't mind a name change, but i really don't like some proposals :shrug:

BTW even if “Beauty and her Beasts” sounds perfect – it’s simple wrong to have such name for Ana forum if at least 40% of her fans here is females and I really can’t see how some girl/women is able to “identify” herself in such “macho” name for fan group… we all know whatabout is that “Beauty and Beast” fair-tale… right?
lol, this name was proposed by a girl and i remember some girls thought it would be cool to be a monster so there is nothing "macho" about it (being a male fan of a girl you will never meet is very anti-macho anway and this is not simply about that fairy tale). if this name sucks it does so for other reasons.

Polikarpov
Jul 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
you can't make connection between the word "beauty" and ana? :confused:

this name was proposed by a member who doesn't post here anymore as an improvement of cp6uja's proposal "beauty and (the) best" and the idea behind it was that ana is the beauty from the forum name and her beasts are her fans and each could pick up a mythical creature for himself. the idea didn't work since it seems people didn't like to be beasts.

i don't mind a name change, but i really don't like some proposals :shrug:

lol, this name was proposed by a girl and i remember some girls thought it would be cool to be a monster so there is nothing "macho" about it (being a male fan of a girl you will never meet is very anti-macho anway and this is not simply about that fairy tale). if this name sucks it does so for other reasons.

:sad::lol::lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 6th, 2009, 05:24 PM
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana
5. AJDEMO!

Basically what I think we should do is to open another thread and eliminate all the names on the list one by one. In each round, everyone can vote once for the name they like LEAST and after a certain time two names can be eliminated until we only have one left. :) So I think we should compile like 7 or 9 names. :D

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I guess the voting won't start before there's a suitable name on the list.
'Ana is love' will this place sound like kindergarten.

gaviotabr
Jul 6th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I think we should try to come up with a lot more names, until there is actually one nice. I don't like any so far.. :sobbing:

InsideOut.
Jul 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Well then Isa you should suggest one yourself :p

gaviotabr
Jul 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Well then Isa you should suggest one yourself :p

I suck at these kind of things.. :sobbing: I'm not creative at all.. Believe me, I'm really trying to come up with something.. :sobbing:

The Daviator
Jul 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Well it's clear we should change the name anyway, this discussion keeps coming up and it's obvious most of the members dislike the current name, I hate it, I don't think her fans should be called 'beasts' at all :o

'Ana is love' is my favourite, but I wouldn't even mind something neutral like 'Ana Ivanovic' or 'Ana's place', just not the current one :o

Reckoner
Jul 6th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I support a name change. Although I don't mind "Ana is Love", just "Ana Ivanovic" or "Ana" would be great too.

BackSpin
Jul 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Looks like we've got nothing to do in july after all. :lol: And my cheesy suggestion is Ana's Villa simple and stupid i know. We need to come up with A really good one and then change it.:bounce:

gaviotabr
Jul 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Looks like we've got nothing to do in july after all. :lol: And my cheesy suggestion is Ana's Villa simple and stupid i know. We need to come up with A really good one and then change it.:bounce:

Yes.. I think we should come up with a really good one and then change it. I actually like Ana's Villa a LOT better than Ana is Love.

spiritedenergy
Jul 6th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Ana's Villa:tape::lol::help:

What about Ana Mallorcan villa?:p

Horizon
Jul 6th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Ana's Fistpump Frenzy :hearts: :lol: :lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana
5. AJDEMO!
6. Ana's Villa
7. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy

Suggesting another one :p...
8. Fistpumpovic Fiesta :hearts:

The Daviator
Jul 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Fistpump Central :lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana
5. AJDEMO!
6. Ana's Villa
7. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy
8. Fistpumpovic Fiesta
9. Fistpump Central

Polikarpov
Jul 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
In ancient Greece, they used the word "polis" to refer to city or city states. So how about Anapolis? :lol:

Edy.
Jul 7th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Fistpump Central :lol:

:lol: :lol: :inlove:

gaviotabr
Jul 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
In ancient Greece, they used the word "polis" to refer to city or city states. So how about Anapolis? :lol:

Anapolis is actually the name of a city in Brazil.. :lol: I like it.

http://prefeito.org/anapolis.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YxYhwtIiSfw/Sf9pCaoajdI/AAAAAAAAACk/b4HJzV5vOQY/s400/mapa_anapolis.bmp

spiritedenergy
Jul 8th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Love Anapolis! It's also a reference to Izzy:lol::p

Actually in Nova Scotia there is a town called Annapolis Royal (Royal being French for regal), so I propose:

Anapolis Royal:p

Reckoner
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:53 AM
I knew I has heard that name somewhere else.

There is also an Annapolis, Maryland. Not the the right spelling, I know, but it's similar.

spiritedenergy
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:58 AM
I knew I has heard that name somewhere else.

There is also an Annapolis, Maryland. Not the the right spelling, I know, but it's similar.

Yes i saw that in wikepedia... I really like Anapolis now, looks a good and original idea:angel:

InsideOut.
Jul 8th, 2009, 06:18 AM
1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana
5. AJDEMO!
6. Ana's Villa
7. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy
8. Fistpumpovic Fiesta
9. Fistpump Central
10. Anapolis

Love the last one. :inlove:

Curtos07
Jul 8th, 2009, 07:00 AM
I love Anapolis also.

azdaja
Jul 8th, 2009, 09:55 AM
anapolis is the only proposed name i'd accept so far. it would also offer the posters opportunities to be "the official something of anapolis" (mayor, fo example) and stuff.

InsideOut.
Jul 8th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I was thinking should it be Anapolis or The Anapolis? :p If this name is chosen I mean.

MarieC
Jul 8th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Love Anapolis! It's also a reference to Izzy:lol::p

Actually in Nova Scotia there is a town called Annapolis Royal (Royal being French for regal), so I propose:

Anapolis Royal:p

LOL, I live in the Annapolis Valley in which Annapolis Royale is located

Reckoner
Jul 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I was thinking should it be Anapolis or The Anapolis? :p If this name is chosen I mean.

I prefer just 'Anapolis' myself.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM
6 and 10 are certainly the ones I like.
Anapolis is the best so far.

Reckoner
Jul 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
So, is it time for a vote?

spiritedenergy
Jul 9th, 2009, 03:42 AM
LOL, I live in the Annapolis Valley in which Annapolis Royale is located

lucky you!:hearts: I'm so jealous:o From the pictures it looks breathtaking:worship:

spiritedenergy
Jul 9th, 2009, 03:45 AM
I prefer just 'Anapolis' myself.

agree. I also agree to become major, councillor, etc. of Anapolis:angel:

InsideOut.
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Izzy and I both like 'The Anapolis' better :awww:

How about we make it separate? :lol:

1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana
5. AJDEMO!
6. Ana's Villa
7. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy
8. Fistpumpovic Fiesta
9. Fistpump Central
10. Anapolis
11. The Anapolis

In that case, the vote should be an elimination of your least favourite names so that the votes for 'Anapolis' and 'The Anapolis' won't be diluted. :) May I start the voting thread? ;)

spiritedenergy
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Izzy and I both like 'The Anapolis' better :awww:

How about we make it separate? :lol:

1. Ana is Love
2. Chika Doo's College
3. Fistpump Nation
4. Ajde Ana
5. AJDEMO!
6. Ana's Villa
7. Ana's Fistpump Frenzy
8. Fistpumpovic Fiesta
9. Fistpump Central
10. Anapolis
11. The Anapolis

In that case, the vote should be an elimination of your least favourite names so that the votes for 'Anapolis' and 'The Anapolis' won't be diluted. :) May I start the voting thread? ;)

i think you can have max 10 options in a poll...

Reckoner
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Why don't we have both Anapolises as one in the poll and if it wins then we can make that decision after.

InsideOut.
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:26 AM
We don't have to use the poll function. :p We can do it like WTAWORLD poster elimination. :lol:

soul
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
As an ANA fan I like ANAPOLIS; THE BEST OF ALL...........

InsideOut.
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM
So may I start the elimination thread?

azdaja
Jul 9th, 2009, 03:05 PM
nah, no elimination nonsense. a simple poll should suffice, but you don't need to put all suggestions in there. furthermore i am not sure if there should be a poll at all since the last time even ana haters were voting. the best option would be that our mod collects votes in private messages.

i also think that there should be negative votes - like "i want this name but say hell no to the following:". this name also won a popular vote back in the day, but it has always been too polarising. the negative votes could be then substituted from the positive ones. in that way we'd reach a consensus of sorts.

InsideOut.
Jul 9th, 2009, 03:29 PM
OK. :) So we should tell Dexter to collect PMs. :)

gaviotabr
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I disagree. I think it should be an open thread, so we could all see the voting. And to avoid the haters problem, we collect votes by post, so that we can see who is voting and so that people can express their opinions towards the names. If Kworb comes in a votes something we are obviously not counting his vote. And if a name like "Ana is love" gets lots of votes but also lots of negative comments from Ana's fans, than it should be given a second thought by everyone. It should be a consensus.

spiritedenergy
Jul 9th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I disagree. I think it should be an open thread, so we could all see the voting. And to avoid the haters problem, we collect votes by post, so that we can see who is voting and so that people can express their opinions towards the names. If Kworb comes in a votes something we are obviously not counting his vote. And if a name like "Ana is love" gets lots of votes but also lots of negative comments from Ana's fans, than it should be given a second thought by everyone. It should be a consensus.

agree, everything Izzy says:worship: (except "The" before Anapolis:p).

But yes I would prefer an open thread where we can see the votes, and this would be less workload on Dexter who's not much around lately.

Davodus
Jul 9th, 2009, 06:28 PM
i like Anapolis :yeah: it's a good one

Mixo
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Ana is Love FTW!!!

дalex
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:40 PM

Are bored neighbors allowed to vote? :p

:kiss:

The Daviator
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Not too sure about Anapolis, however 'Ana's Villa' has grown on me.

Are bored neighbors allowed to vote? :p

:kiss:

Being a fan of a Serbian Sister is enough to qualify you to vote :D

azdaja
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:52 PM

agree, everything Izzy says:worship: (except "The" before Anapolis:p).

But yes I would prefer an open thread where we can see the votes, and this would be less workload on Dexter who's not much around lately.
i was thinking about 2 or more rounds, the first of which would be a secret vote which would eliminate most candidates. i think a public vote could influence the outcome since if you realise that your first choice has no chance at all you might pick the second one if you vote late, so it would be a distortion. that could be avoided if we allow multiple choices.

multiple choices should definitely be allowed for negative votes. i'm sure everyone will find more than one name they dislike completely.

and we are not in a hurry, i'd wait for more input still.

spiritedenergy
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:56 PM
i was thinking about 2 or more rounds, the first of which would be a secret vote which would eliminate most candidates. i think a public vote could influence the outcome since if you realise that your first choice has no chance at all you might pick the second one if you vote late, so it would be a distortion. that could be avoided if we allow multiple choices.

multiple choices should definitely be allowed for negative votes. i'm sure everyone will find more than one name they dislike completely.

mmmhhh that's also true, there might be some cross influence of people to each other... I don't know i leave it up in the air for others to decide:p

azdaja
Jul 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
it's all good :p

i just wanted to add that "anapolis" and "the anapolis" should be treated as one entry. if it wins we can fight it out later which one is better.

дalex
Jul 9th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Being a fan of a Serbian Sister is enough to qualify you to vote :D

I'm exciting! :woohoo:

j/k of course...

But I can tell you that I find Ana's Fistpump Frenzy the most interesting albeit inappropriate name for a fan forum name perhaps. I'd add excitement to Ana's Villa of Excitement, but maybe that's too kitschy and Ana's Villa alone is just :scratch:.

Ana is Love is famous but sounds childish for a forum name. Ajde Ana is a cheer, not so good for a forum name.

So that leaves you with Anapolis which could be fun for The Official ? of Anapolis.

Maybe you should take some more time to suggest new names and discuss them. Try not to be dismissive of other people's opinions. Also, you have plenty of time till Ana's next tournament to get everything sorted out. As for how to run the process, look no further than neighboring gossip central. I think I organized it pretty successfully. :angel:

gaviotabr
Jul 9th, 2009, 09:55 PM
it's all good :p

i just wanted to add that "anapolis" and "the anapolis" should be treated as one entry. if it wins we can fight it out later which one is better.

Agreed! ;)

gaviotabr
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'm exciting! :woohoo:

j/k of course...

But I can tell you that I find Ana's Fistpump Frenzy the most interesting albeit inappropriate name for a fan forum name perhaps. I'd add excitement to Ana's Villa of Excitement, but maybe that's too kitschy and Ana's Villa alone is just :scratch:.

Ana is Love is famous but sounds childish for a forum name. Ajde Ana is a cheer, not so good for a forum name.

So that leaves you with Anapolis which could be fun for The Official ? of Anapolis.

Maybe you should take some more time to suggest new names and discuss them. Try not to be dismissive of other people's opinions. Also, you have plenty of time till Ana's next tournament to get everything sorted out. As for how to run the process, look no further than neighboring gossip central. I think I organized it pretty successfully. :angel:

Nice post Alex. I guess you can vote! :p:lol:

I'll take a look at your thread in JJ's forum, thanks! :D

gaviotabr
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM

Okay.. might be done this way.. Maybe we should do like Ben first proposed.. first taking out the names we do not like.

I agree that we can wait for more input. No rush.. ;)

дalex
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Nice post Alex. I guess you can vote! :p:lol:

I won't. :p But I'll be following the elections, could be lots of drama if it goes the same way like the last time you tried to change forum name. http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1974_eating_popcorn.gif

gaviotabr
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I won't. :p But I'll be following the elections, could be lots of drama if it goes the same way like the last time you tried to change forum name. http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1974_eating_popcorn.gif

True.. :lol: Quite some controversy.. :lol:

Danči Dementia
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I like Anapolis, it sounds nice.

but I still like Ana is love more :sobbing:

Horizon
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:10 AM
I like Anapolis, it sounds nice.

but I still like Ana is love more :sobbing:
I agree. Ana is love FTW :hearts:

Maybe it's a little silly or whatever, but it's personal to Ana fans and is just short and sweet.

I don't think Anapolis has any connection with Ana at all, it's completely random and sounds that way.

gaviotabr
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Ugh.. I hate Ana is Love. It's such a childish name.. and it started with a Ana hater. I don't think it's personal to Ana fans... :o

Reckoner
Jul 10th, 2009, 12:51 AM

I'm not in a hurry, but we already have 10/11 choices. I think if we wait too much longer there will be plenty of redundancy.

Horizon
Jul 10th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Ugh.. I hate Ana is Love. It's such a childish name.. and it started with a Ana hater. I don't think it's personal to Ana fans... :o
I thought Nikkiri started it? :scratch:

spiritedenergy
Jul 10th, 2009, 01:13 AM

yes i think Nikkiri had it as her first username, she's not a hater Isabela:lol::p

It's nice but a bit too childish IMO, we would get tired of it pretty soon... and Ana is going to be 22 very soon also:o

gaviotabr
Jul 10th, 2009, 02:04 AM

yes i think Nikkiri had it as her first username, she's not a hater Isabela:lol::p

It's nice but a bit too childish IMO, we would get tired of it pretty soon... and Ana is going to be 22 very soon also:o

Oh.. I had in mind it started some other way.. I know Nikiri is not a hater, quite the opposite. If so, sorry Nikiri!

Still.. I don't like the name... :o

spiritedenergy
Jul 10th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Oh.. I had in mind it started some other way.. I know Nikiri is not a hater, quite the opposite. If so, sorry Nikiri!

Still.. I don't like the name... :o

it's actually used a lot in GM to laugh at Ana when she loses... but we shouldn't care;) But for the forum title I think we need something more official and "adult", maybe Ana is love can be subtitle (like "Anapolis" Where Ana is love or something)? But anyways people have to vote and they might like different things:kiss:

InsideOut.
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Anapolis FTW :ras::hearts:

I don't think Ana is Love sounds like a forum name...it's a statement, not a noun.

Nikkiri
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Yes sorry, Ana is love is all my fault :hysteric:

Nikkiri
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:59 AM
I kinda like Alex's "Ana's Villa of Excitement" :lol:

Ksenia.
Jul 10th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Ana is Love just can't get old, I love it :inlove: Anapolis is great, too

azdaja
Jul 10th, 2009, 02:42 PM
lol, so nikkiri was ana is love? didn't realise that.

and anapolis is not totally random, it comes from ana's name obviously.

Isha312
Jul 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I'll throw my opinion into the hat. I like Fistpump Nation and Anapolis (sans 'the').

Horizon
Jul 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
and anapolis is not totally random, it comes from ana's name obviously.
well yeh, i don't know, it's not "random" as such, it just seems like there's no thought into it, it's just Ana with a suffix on the end. There's no personalisation there. It's just like the name if a city, the fact it is a city says a lot. I'm not really a mad fan of it, but oh well :o

antonella
Jul 11th, 2009, 02:15 AM
My take:

Ana's Villa of Excitement- Sounds like a bordello in Carson City, NV.

Ana's Villa- Sounds like a Mexican restaurant chain.

Ana is Love- Could have been a John Denver song from the 70's.

Fistpump Nation- Too 'urban', too American.

Ana's Fistpump Frenzy- Sounds like a workout tape.

Ajde Ana/AJDEMO!- Too ethnic.

Anapolis- I don't see any connection between Ana and the U.S. Naval Academy??

...Why don't you simply call it: Ana's Bananas?? As so many of you are just bananas :banana::banana::banana:about Ana.

Nikkiri
Jul 11th, 2009, 07:52 AM
OMG I'm totally for Ana's Bananas :worship: :sobbing:

Officinale
Jul 11th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I like Ana's Villa of Excitement :D

Polikarpov
Jul 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
OMG I'm totally for Ana's Bananas :worship: :sobbing:

or Banana Ana :lol:

Well I learned that -polis was a suffix for a city. For example Constantinopolis or Constantinople means Contantine's City; Adrianopolis means Hadrian's city; Heracleopolis means Hercules' city; Necropolis means City of Dead; and Persepolis means City of Persians.

So my idea was Ana + polis = City of Ana or Ana's City. I don't think my suggestion was that random.

Reckoner
Jul 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
After that explanation, I think Anapolis even better.

azdaja
Jul 11th, 2009, 08:16 PM
lol @ ana's bananas

The Daviator
Jul 11th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I would like to pledge my full support for Ana's Bananas.

Balltossovic
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I'd like to put my two cents in:bigwave:

1. There should be a poll to see if the majority want a name change (Open so no haters votes will count)

2. Once it is decided (if it is decided) that there will be a name change, there should be a suggestion thread.

3. Eliminate the least popular names. I think EVERYTHING should be done publicly no private PM's. Use polls.

4. Have a final thread with poll with the 5 most popular names and the winner will be the new forum name.

Does that make sense?:)

Nikkiri
Jul 12th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I would like to pledge my full support for Ana's Bananas.

Me too :inlove:

Reckoner
Jul 12th, 2009, 06:32 PM

1. There should be a poll to see if the majority want a name change (Open so no haters votes will count)

2. Once it is decided (if it is decided) that there will be a name change, there should be a suggestion thread.

3. Eliminate the least popular names. I think EVERYTHING should be done publicly no private PM's. Use polls.

4. Have a final thread with poll with the 5 most popular names and the winner will be the new forum name.

I like this idea.

Ana's Bananas on the other hand... :help:

doni1212
Jul 13th, 2009, 01:08 AM

Good idea, :yeah:

Cp6uja
Jul 13th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Does that make sense?:)We already have all this in 2008 :shrug:
In August/08 Referendum-Poll when about 70% voted for change and about 30% to stay "Beauty and her Beasts" after end of 2008 season and several discussions, suggestions and elections threads and polls - we choose two most popular options here in that time "Ajde Ana!" and "Ana is Love". But when time-deadline expire Final poll between this two options has unexpected TIED result:
Ajde Ana! - 20 votes
Ana is Love - 20 votes
against both - 9 votes

Than I repeat Superfinal Poll, but without that 3rd "against both (suggestions)" option (only "Ajde Ana!" and "Ana is Love"), but that Poll was closed just 2-3 hours after start by moderator which explain that previous Poll results ("Ajde Ana!" (20), "Ana is Love" (20) and "Against Both Options" (9) means that majority is actually "against both options" :confused: so Beauty and her Beasts name survive after that Veto.

So my suggestion is that this time we should to start with:
1. There should be a poll to see if the majority want a name change (Open so no haters votes will count)If majority want Beauty and her Beasts to be changed our next step MUST be to force moderators/administrators of this site to change Beauty and her Beasts subforum name to old (neutral, initial) Ana Ivanovic. And than continue with "NAME-CHANGE" process with all other following steps:2. Once it is decided (if it is decided) that there will be a name change, there should be a suggestion thread.

Does that make sense?:)This "middle step" to put "default" name Ana Ivanovic to this subforum during New-Name election process will be guarantee that name-change is possible even if "Beauty and her Beasts" is favorite forum name of this forum officials, and also if we again not chose some option during this newest new-name process - at least that irritating "Beauty and her Beasts" will not survive like Ana's forum name anymore.

Mixo
Jul 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM
:worship:Cp6uja

Let's do it!

Reckoner
Jul 13th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I like that idea.

azdaja
Jul 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
changing name back to ana ivanovic now would be silly because then we are going to ask for another change in a couple of weeks. it made sense last year after the name change was rejected with no solution in sight, but not now that we seem to be reaching a consensus and a new name will be found very soon.

if eliminating "the least popular names" means elimitating unpopular names (i.e. the ones that some people reject as outright unacceptable) that could be an option. since we are trying to reach something like a consensus even names that have support from some but strong opposition from other members should not make the final poll.

Balltossovic
Jul 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I think we should still do the first poll because the poll from last year isn't valid:shrug: More than a few months have past so we should get eveyones opinions again. I personally want the change but I've seen other posters say they don't. Their votes should count too should they not?

And yes azdaja that's what I mean:)

spiritedenergy
Jul 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
changing name back to ana ivanovic now would be silly because then we are going to ask for another change in a couple of weeks. it made sense last year after the name change was rejected with no solution in sight, but not now that we seem to be reaching a consensus and a new name will be found very soon.

if eliminating "the least popular names" means elimitating unpopular names (i.e. the ones that some people reject as outright unacceptable) that could be an option. since we are trying to reach something like a consensus even names that have support from some but strong opposition from other members should not make the final poll.

well but how do we define "strong opposition" if not with a poll/voting?
To avoid bias, I think all the proposed names should get to the elimination vote, than the fans will decide what is acceptable and what is not.
Then the last 2 names should get to the final poll...

azdaja
Jul 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
well but how do we define "strong opposition" if not with a poll/voting?
To avoid bias, I think all the proposed names should get to the elimination vote, than the fans will decide what is acceptable and what is not.
Then the last 2 names should get to the final poll...
not sure about this. of course we need voting, but some names will have many supporters and many opponents at the same time. i do think that we should reject names opposed by a significant numbers of people, but we can't tell if the names with the least number of opponents are also the names that have most supporters. what if a name has only one or 2 opponents, but also just 1 or 2 supporters while a name with 3 opponents is supported by 20 people?

that's why i am not sure that a strictly elimination round would be a good idea. having a round where we at the same time say which names we support and oppose would work better, i think. we can also just give them ratings from, say, -3 to +3 and see which names are ok and which not.

Balltossovic
Jul 13th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I still think think we should do a poll to see if the majority still want a name change before we think about how the process of elimination will work:shrug:

дalex
Jul 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Oh the drama! Do you want me to run this process for you? :lol:

Ananko.
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:24 PM
My coribute is: Anamazing

gaviotabr
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
My coribute is: Anamazing

Sorry.. but this actually sound like "unamazing".. :lol::shrug:

spiritedenergy
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM

sure dalex:lol: (by the way i saw your picture in JJ forum, I thought you were a teenager:eek:).

I agree with the voting Azdaja, we could give from -5 to 5 (or 3 to -3) "marks" so to differentiate more and the top 2 names from this voting would go to the poll. In this way we could count favor AND opposition. I think the final poll should have just tow names because if there are 3 names there might be bias, i.e. one fan may support 2 names but can vote only for 1. Or there could be more than 2 but then the poll should allow to vote for more than 1.

Yes Fistpumpovic I also agree that we need a preliminary poll to start the process...;)

spiritedenergy
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM

:haha:

This process is becoming so complex:p

gaviotabr
Jul 13th, 2009, 11:41 PM
sure dalex:lol: (by the way i saw your picture in JJ forum, I thought you were a teenager:eek:).

I agree with the voting Azdaja, we could give from -5 to 5 (or 3 to -3) "marks" so to differentiate more and the top 2 names from this voting would go to the poll. In this way we could count favor AND opposition. I think the final poll should have just tow names because if there are 3 names there might be bias, i.e. one fan may support 2 names but can vote only for 1. Or there could be more than 2 but then the poll should allow to vote for more than 1.

Yes Fistpumpovic I also agree that we need a preliminary poll to start the process...;)

Agreed. :)

The Daviator
Jul 14th, 2009, 12:00 AM

Oh please do. We're never gonna get a name at this rate :o

Ananko.
Jul 14th, 2009, 10:07 AM

Original name :rolleyes:

azdaja
Jul 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
:haha:

it's not too complicated, but in order to keep as simple as possible i think that we should perhaps have ratings from -2 to +2 (very negative, negative, neutral, positive, very positive). i am also not yet sure if we should have a round where all the names that end up with positive points are in the poll. if there are more than 2 names that end up with more positive than negative votes at all. but i also think that somebody who is in touch with dexter should inform him about this. after all he is the mod of this forum and i don't think we should be doing this behind his back.

the poll about whether people want the name change can be started already, though :shrug:

lol, are we in a hurry? unlike the last time when cp6uja tried to rush it through we have a debate and many people are participating. we are trying to reach a consensus. that's how it should be.

дalex
Jul 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
(by the way i saw your picture in JJ forum, I thought you were a teenager:eek:).

This forum makes me act like a teenager sometimes. :p

OK, I really want to help you out. It's obvious that the majority wants to change this name for whatever reason. But you need to validate this by making a yes or no poll - Do you want a forum name-change?. Someone, ANYONE (preferably someone who knows how to make a public poll), start the freaking poll NOW! It needs to be public so you can see who voted, so you can discount the votes of non-ana fans and trolls. Make another rule - people who never post in this subforum need to identify themselves as Ana fans by posting in the poll thread.

Set that the poll is automatically closed in 7 days. That's more than enough time for everyone to vote. Someone needs to take charge over running this process and guide everyone through it. Your discussions are futile if there isn't someone who can be objective and take all opinions into consideration. Obviously there's no one who wants to do that. You need to make compromises and I agree with azdaja that the name that has heavy opposition shouldn't be made a new name.

So after you confirm (via poll) that you want a name-change, do the voting like azdaja suggested - everyone vote for all the names by giving them points from -5 to 5 (or whatever range depending on how many new name suggestions you got). Another week should be enough for everyone to vote. You can do that vote in this thread or in the poll thread by simply renaming it. You need to agree that you will respect the decision of the majority and that the two names with most points will go into final poll. That poll, too, should be public and again - everyone should respect the decision of majority, no matter how small the margin is (it's likely to be small since those are the two best names y'all came up with).

And that's it! You'll get yourselves a new forum name. :kiss:

mure
Jul 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
i'll stick to "GuantANAmo Bay Prison"

courtesy: some poster from Dumbkiri's chat thread

gaviotabr
Jul 14th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Original name :rolleyes:

Okay then.. :lol::spit:

gaviotabr
Jul 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
i'll stick to "GuantANAmo Bay Prison"

courtesy: some poster from Dumbkiri's chat thread

We sure are in a prison! :lol: Trapped with Ana in the good and bad times.. :p:lol:

azdaja
Jul 14th, 2009, 04:15 PM
i would just like to add that in the unlikely case that no name ends up with more positive than negative votes we should go back to the neutral ana ivanovic.

Okay then.. :lol::spit:
it is though and by mere coincidence i think we descovered a new pool of ideas - words that begin with "un-". some have positive meanings.

Balltossovic
Jul 14th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I've started the poll:wavey:

fANAtic
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Anapolis has been a blow, bad luck, boring name.
Leave Anapolis and have a seat in the VIP lounge.

gaviotabr
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM

I don't like VIP.. it started as a way to mock Ana. :o

fANAtic
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
It's a cool name, I think. Also, it will show we can take a joke. Also, we need a change, any change. Anapolis has been depressing.

azdaja
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
i don't know if i mentioned it, but i certainly did think of vip lounge as a name once vip got attached to ana. but i don't think we should change the name again.

fANAtic
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
I would also suggest fANAticos, but that would be biased.

azdaja
Jun 22nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
i think fANAtics was even actually proposed at some point ;)

Cp6uja
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Nickname VIP is maliciously taken from one my GM joke thread about WTA Wild Cards and out of TennisForum.com site don't have any connection with Ana Ivanovic at all, so its bad idea to explore that nickname too much and will be confused for random TF non-members and guests to find hers subforum. Original meaning of VIP abbreviation means Very Important Person and there is actually nothing offensive and its way better solution than nickname RIP which is almost established here for Ana previously, but still I don't see nothing so special for us to use that.

I'm not biggest fan of "Anapolis", but at least there is nothing so irritating and wrong there like for previous Ivanovic TF subforum name "Beauty and Beasts"... and when we finally chose current "Anapolis" name she is already deeply in slump, so even "JINX" argument is not correct.

fANAtic
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
I know they saw it from you, and haters will keep using it to mock her. We must show them it doesn't bother us. And she is VIP, unlike Junko whom they call "The Empress", although there's NOTHING royal about her.

gaviotabr
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'm sorry, but attaching a mock name permanently to a forum we visit daily is not a way to take a joke, it's actually supporting the haters mock of Ana. I really dislike VIP.

I'm not against a change of name, though I think it's unnecessary and I believe Anapolis has nothing to do with any jinx or slump. I'm just really against taking mock names out of haters to put on the forum.

fANAtic
Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:27 PM
Ok, no VIP then. But Anapolis is really meh.

The Daviator
Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
I actually love the VIP Lounge suggestion (and I happen to love that nickname for her too :lol:), but it's a real TF in-joke, and like Cp6uja says, non TF-fanatics wouldn't understand it.

Ivanovic2008
Jun 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
I love VIP lounge :hearts:

Cajka
Jun 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM

I like it. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

JuviaCroft
Jul 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM
:yeah: VIP lounge :yeah:

18majors
Jul 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
whatever.

Balltossovic
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:12 PM
As the person who ran the last name change, I'd just like to say good effin luck to the person who takes it over this time. I wanted to kill myself by the time I was done:O

But, VIP Lounge would certainly get my vote. It's cool. And we'd tell the haters to shove it :D

Cajka
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:46 PM
How 'bout a poll thread?

azdaja
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:50 PM
people are you sure we want to go through all this again :unsure:

gaviotabr
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I can NOT believe people like a mock name created by haters to make Ana look undeserving. This would only encourage haters to keep on hating and creating new mock names for her. After all... even fans give it publicity and agree! :tape:

I'm not against changing the name.. but VIP lounge is awful. I really can't believe people would give the forum a hating mock name. :help:

Balltossovic
Jul 15th, 2011, 06:57 PM
people are you sure we want to go through all this again :unsure:

It's really not a smart idea. I dont even think the admins would change it because, it hasn't been that long since the last one. What? Two three years?

azdaja
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM
It's really not a smart idea. I dont even think the admins would change it because, it hasn't been that long since the last one. What? Two three years?
i'm sure mods would do it, it's not too much of work. but we are a weird bunch :lol: people who are most critical of ana like izzy hate ana haters most. and stuff like that :oh:

but anyway, i'll spread some positivity by saying i love y'all. we all love and support ana in our own ways. and i think she can be proud of such a fanatical fanbase.

Balltossovic
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:12 PM
i'm sure mods would do it, it's not too much of work. but we are a weird bunch :lol: people who are most critical of ana like izzy hate ana haters most. and stuff like that :oh:

but anyway, i'll spread some positivity by saying i love y'all. we all love and support ana in our own ways. and i think she can be proud of such a fanatical fanbase.
It's not the MODS. Dexter didn't do it the last time, he had to ask the admins...

Oh, trust me, I loathe the Ana haters. I persoanlly don't think we should give them so much power. To not give the forum a name simply because the haters use it is ridiculous, and letting them affect us too much:shrug:

I mean, who the hell are they? You know? The y don't mean squat in the grand scheme of things.

But, anyhoo, I love ya too, babe!! :kiss:

Ana should be proud! She should start winning more matches in a row to show her gratitude!:(

18majors
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM
"VIP lounge", it's distasteful and terrible.

azdaja
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:32 PM
It's not the MODS. Dexter didn't do it the last time, he had to ask the admins...

Oh, trust me, I loathe the Ana haters. I persoanlly don't think we should give them so much power. To not give the forum a name simply because the haters use it is ridiculous, and letting them affect us too much:shrug:

I mean, who the hell are they? You know? The y don't mean squat in the grand scheme of things.
yeah, but some other people will say the same - who are they? why should we name our forum after their pathetic attempts to insult ana. so in which way do we give them more power? i like the vip lounge because it sounds more creative, but otherwise i'm fine with anapolis.

But, anyhoo, I love ya too, babe!! :kiss:

Ana should be proud! She should start winning more matches in a row to show her gratitude!:(
i agree. and thanks ;)

Balltossovic
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM
yeah, but some other people will say the same - who are they? why should we name our forum after their pathetic attempts to insult ana. so in which way do we give them more power? i like the vip lounge because it sounds more creative, but otherwise i'm fine with anapolis.

i agree. and thanks ;)
It's a cah 22, really:lol: Damned if you, damned if you don't. I remember the arguments in this forum because of Ana is Love:spit: I'm not going through that again.

I love the name; wish we'd had it the first time around:o But I'm good with Anapolis, too.

:)

jelenacg
Jul 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Changing name why :bigcry:

I thought we were done with this once and for all :tape:
There is no way i`m participating in this crap again :ras:

Cajka
Jul 15th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Carica (the Empress) is a nick that anchitards in Serbia use to mock JJ, but I can see that jjtards on TF have a sense of humor and made it look like a cool nick. :shrug: Even I put "the Empress" and not "JJ" in my sig although I go insane when it comes to fanbases bitching. Btw. jjtards call Ana "Palčica" - Thumbolina. :hysteric: It was after Ana's withdrawing from Olympics.

Balltossovic
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Carica (the Empress) is a nick that anchitards in Serbia use to mock JJ, but I can see that jjtards on TF have a sense of humor and made it look like a cool nick. :shrug: Even I put "the Empress" and not "JJ" in my sig although I go insane when it comes to fanbases bitching. Btw. jjtards call Ana "Palčica" - Thumbolina. :hysteric: It was after Ana's withdrawing from Olympics.
Why am I just hearing about this:spit:

Cajka
Jul 15th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Ana is Palčica and Zvonareva iz Zvončica (Timber bell). :spit:

jelenacg
Jul 15th, 2011, 11:39 PM

Never heard of this before :lol:

Some nick names are just stupid and insulting and you can`t do anything about it :shrug: Sure you can act cool but that won`t change a thing .Once insulting always insulting imo
This goes for both `vip` sub forum name and the `empress` nick name

azdaja
Jul 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
i didn't realise the empress was originally meant to be insult :oh: and i think it's obvious that often the original meaning can be lost and often insults are turned into what people call themselves. i don't want another heated discussion about a name change, so i'm against it, but i don't think vip will live on as an insult for ana or her fans. people will forget where it came from. we shouldn't rename the forum, but we might rename our chat thread - or start a new one - and call it "vip lounge" :oh:

and i know of plenty of examples where an insult is turned into something people call themselves and often it's things far worse than vip :shrug: so, let's not change the forum name, but i see no reason to reject vip as a nickname.

Cajka
Jul 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM
and i know of plenty of examples where an insult is turned into something people call themselves and often it's things far worse than vip :shrug: so, let's not change the forum name, but i see no reason to reject vip as a nickname.

This is exactly my point. The haters will always find the way to mock her and it only shows that they are the pressed one. Some of the haters in GM are sooo pathetic, that it's not important if they like Ana or not, their issues are obviously bigger than Anahate. And the normal Anahaters wouldn't find the name of subforum so interesting. I would ask our neighbors about their opinion, but I'm afraid that I'll be banished from both subforums. :lol:

18majors
Jul 16th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Important thing is that Ana plays well.