PDA

View Full Version : Elena canīt play better then this. This is make or break.

DragonFlame
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM
:sad:, she just canīt break though... Those 2 hawkeyes(at 4-3* bp, at *5-5 bp serena), 4 breakpoints in that last game... I know that this is the absolute toplevel of elena dementieva but serenaīs going to win this anyway. Ugh.. i thought i would be happy with elenaīs run if she lost here because i thought that this would just be an easy match for serena, but sheīs so so so damn fucking close and obviously on peak. Yet... i know she wonīt win here, and it hurts so much that she smelled victory.

It's obviously great character from serena but it hurts me to see that a player on absolute topform playing a perfect match can't win here. I'm gonna be devestated for a while...

goldenlox
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
She can play better. She missed an easy backhand at break point, 56*

darkangel23
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
I expect Williams to win as well, but you can still have hope because she didn't drop her level in the third so it might go her way...

kiwifan
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
She's the only one consistently trying to hit that ball off the court...very very impressive!!! :)

Serena is only going to win if Demented's level drops (yes, the serve). :shrug:

Or she goes Psychorena and starts hitting winners. :cool:

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
I have seen playing better

hingis-seles
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
She was never going to win anyway. Can't you take solace in her coming so close, when she was only supposed to win a handful of games at best?

TheFifthAvocado
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah she can totally play better IMO.

Dave.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
She was never going to win anyway. Can't you take solace in her coming so close, when she was only supposed to win a handful of games at best?

No! I'd much rather her lose easily than lose being so close to victory. It's so much easier on us fans. :lol:

Anyway I still believe in Elena and I think she still has a great chance in this 3rd set.

Considering it's a slam semifinal, this is probably the best she's played, but I am sure she has played better in other matches.

Craig.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
I admire Serena's fighting spirit, but those two challenges in that second set :sobbing: She was so close.

MisterMan
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Most players playing their absolute best can not beat Serena.
Why would Elena be different ?
I think a lot of players accept that fact. By the way, their head to head is not overwhelming. I think Elena won the last 2 of 3 they played ?

Dav.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM

You were saying?

DefyingGravity
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Hey now...it's still going on. Serena isn't playing great still. Dementieva has a HUGE window.

Craig.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hey now...it's still going on. Serena isn't playing great still. Dementieva has a HUGE window.

Nah, it's over.

CloudAtlas
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Wow..Dementieva is an even bigger choker than I had thought. It's like someone has told her that for every minute she is in the lead in the match , she'll burn in hell for 10,000 years.

fightserena!!!
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
you are such jinxers...come on Serena!

Craig.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
5-4 :speakles: Break! :sobbing:

Marionated
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:42 PM
:sobbing:

Craig.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
My heart can't take this :sobbing:

kiwifan
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
too tense, this sucks :lol:

CloudAtlas
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Seriously Miss D :rolleyes:

Seems like the dull final is inevitable.

John.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
My heart can't take this :sobbing:

Same

I haven't stopped smoking since 4 all final set :lol: