PDA

View Full Version : US Open Series Part 1: The Los Angeles Love Affair

Pages : [1] 2

InsideOut.
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:49 PM
The last time Ana played here, she won the title playing some magnificent tennis. :)

Ajde! :armed: Here's to a speedy and full recovery from the horrible injury, and a comeback to good form! :bounce:

Davodus
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:51 PM
lets hope so...her form is slowly improving, so maybe this US series can be a good one :D

another LA title, please :D :p

gaviotabr
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Come on Ana! Keep building your form! Idemo! :armed:

Mixo
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I really think she can win that tourney. Ajde Anaaaaaaaaa!

Curtos07
Jun 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Such a long wait. :( Hope Ana has a good summer and make a decent run at the US Open! Lets finish this season off strong, Ana! :D

hellas719
Jul 1st, 2009, 02:08 AM
Go Ana!:bounce:

Hele.
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM
good luck ana :bounce:

Andreas
Jul 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM
I have some :inlove: memories from this tournament. The SF against Jankovic is one of the best and most exciting matches I've ever seen from Ana.

Best of luck! Hopefully she will be back in a good shape. Seems she found a bit of her old form at Wimbledon and even if it's sad it had to end like that, I'm optimistic about the American hard court season :D

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
The list of players for this tournament hasn't yet been released, but we have the early entries...

Early entries:

Safina
Kuznetsova
Ana
Sharapova
Hantuchova
Radwanska
Azarenka
Wozniacki
Petrova
Na Li
Jie Zheng
Chakvetadze
Paszek
Errani
Pennetta
Schiavone
Mattek-Sands
Bartoli
Sugiyama
Cirstea
Kirilenko
Vesnina
Lisicki
Wozniak

InsideOut.
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
No Jankovic? Interesting.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:12 PM
No Jankovic? Interesting.

No.. she can always ask for a WC later on.. :shrug: She is on the entry list for Stanford.

InsideOut.
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
If Ana is fully recovered I'd like her to play doubles... it'd be good for her.

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:34 PM
If Ana is fully recovered I'd like her to play doubles... it'd be good for her.

Yes.. me too.. Ana still needs more matches, and it's always good to improve the serve.

InsideOut.
Jul 1st, 2009, 06:37 PM
Yes.. me too.. Ana still needs more matches, and it's always good to improve the serve.

And volleys :hearts:

The Daviator
Jul 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
I thought the field would be tougher, no sisters, good news for Ana, I'd love her to win this event again, but then I'd just love her to win anything :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jul 1st, 2009, 10:53 PM
I thought the field would be tougher, no sisters, good news for Ana, I'd love her to win this event again, but then I'd just love her to win anything :sobbing:

Both Williams chose to play Stanford and skip LA. Dementieva and JJ did the same

I would also love for Ana to do well there again.. :sobbing: C'mon Ana! :armed:

Midge.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
It's barely been 3 days, and im already bored.
I need better more favs. :crying2:

Well im pumped for hardcourt season, first time in 12 months she'll start climbing up the rankings, not falling down them.

She starts wearing her Us Open dress here, right?

InsideOut.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM

Well im pumped for hardcourt season, first time in 12 months she'll start climbing up the rankings, not falling down them.

I think not. Probably a variation, just like in 2007...she wore the purple top with white skirt in LA (:hearts:) and then the full purple dress for the first few rounds of the US Open.

gaviotabr
Jul 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM

I share your feelings.. :sobbing: I already miss watching Ana play.. she has barely played this year.. and everytime things were looking better, something happens.. :sobbing:

I guess she will wear the new dress.. not sure though..

Ana has only 240 points to defend, including the US Open. A semi in LA would already give her 200 points. I hope she can have a nice hard court season..

Midge.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:30 PM
I think not. Probably a variation, just like in 2007...she wore the purple top with white skirt in LA (:hearts:) and then the full purple dress for the first few rounds of the US Open.

Oh god, i can only imagine what sort of disgusting mess Adidas will dish up next. :tape:

Ana has only 240 points to defend, including the US Open. A semi in LA would already give her 200 points. I hope she can have a nice hard court season..

Music to my ears. :hearts:

InsideOut.
Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
I share your feelings.. :sobbing: I already miss watching Ana play.. she has barely played this year.. and everytime things were looking better, something happens.. :sobbing:

I guess she will wear the new dress.. not sure though..

And a 1st round would give her 1 point. Or is it 2?

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 2nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
And a 1st round would give her 1 point. Or is it 2?

1 but then it won't be added to her total points.

Cp6uja
Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Ranking is most important now for US Open Seeding... so most important is to stay in 9-12 seeds group till USO draw. We all see what happen in Wimbledon when Ana is #13 (13-16 seed group) and she must play already in 4th round against TOP4 seeds (and she draws Venus). But Ana is in very good position to stay TOP12 before USO Draw. When we cut-off all 2008 points before USO DRAW week, Ana Ivanovic is WTA #10 ranked, and even with not impressive results at tournaments US Open series I don't see 3 other players which will overtake her in same time. For example Ana will be #11 next monday with just about 50 pts more than #12 Cibulkova and #13 Bartoli - but before USO Draw Ana defending just about 100 pts and Cibulkova or Bartoli over 700! On other hand even with sensational results at US Open Series events Ana has no chances to overtake Azarenka and reach TOP8... so in this "well expected" case if Ana will be 9-12 seed at US Open she will face some 17-24 seed in 3rd Round, 5-8 seed in 4th Round (Kuznetsova, Jankovic, Zvonareva or Azarenka) and TOP4 she is destined to face in QF round.

InsideOut.
Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
^So even if Ana wins LA, Cincy and Toronto and Azarenka loses first round in everything Ana still can't be a top 8 seed? :hysteric:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:56 PM
New Diary entry

I'm looking forward to getting back on court / July 03, 2009
It was a very disappointing end to Wimbledon. I think I have quite a high threshold for pain and have got through quite a few matches when I wasnít feeling well, but on Monday the pain was too much. I couldnít carry on.

On the positive side, the injury isnít very serious. Unfortunately I had to wait almost four hours to see a doctor, which was quite stressful because I didnít know how serious it was. Luckily itís just a small tear and Iíll be able to train again in a week.

I have to give Venus a lot of credit for her performance. She is an unbelievable player on grass. She moves so well and can hit very powerfully even if she is off-balance.

Despite the way it ended, I have a lot of positives to take from this Wimbledon. Against Stosur I played one of my best matches of the year and I made some good progress with my new coaches from the adidas Player Development Programme. Iím excited about the rest of the season and, after a short holiday, Iím looking forward to getting back on court.

Love
Ana

Good to hear that she'll back on court soon!

Who else thinks that she'll take her small vacation on Mallorca? With Rafa or Adam?:angel::devil:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 3rd, 2009, 02:57 PM

That sounds good!:drool:

InsideOut.
Jul 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
I think she'll go to Hawaii. :drool:

gaviotabr
Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Nice diary entry from Ana. :worship:

She is all class... I mean, how often do we see a player being so complimentary of another player's game? Ana is one of the very rare examples of giving due credit to the opponent. Sometimes she even gives them too much credit, but this time I think it's very deserved. Venus is simply amazing on grass IMHO.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
^So even if Ana wins LA, Cincy and Toronto, Ana still can't be a top 8 seed? :hysteric:

In that case Azarenka needs 710 points to stay ahead of Ana.

InsideOut.
Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
In that case Azarenka needs 710 points to stay ahead of Ana.

:yeah: Ajde to the number 8 seed Ana Ivanovic then. :p Can she be, mathematically, number 7 seed even? ;) Not that it would make much difference.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
:yeah: Ajde to the number 8 seed Ana Ivanovic then. :p Can she be, mathematically, number 7 seed even? ;) Not that it would make much difference.

Yes, 7 and 560 points ahead of JJ.
But I even give Roddick more chance to defeat Federer in 3.

-NAJ-
Jul 3rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.novosti.rs/code/navigate.php?Id=13&status=jedna&vest=149980&title_add=Ana%20%C4%87e%20ponovo%20biti%20broj%20j edan&kword_add=ana%20ivanovic%2C%20s%20kompani
Interview with Sven
Ana will be #1 again
Ana is in the phase where not many points to defend until the end of the season. The fact that there will be no pressure it's a good opportunity to stabilize the level of the game. Results will not burden, and we are satisfied with the progress of the Games and Wimbledon. Work of Istborna and is in good
direction. What can notice is that it will be Ivanovićeva zrelija and better than it was before. Learned a lot on their success, but also on their mistakes and come in a completely new tennis player --

It seems that your co-operation better than ever?
- We Ana and I had a good relationship, a nice work with it. Now is the advantage in the team we have Darren Kejhila, that the new stamp our work. Ana gets the team a different look on the ground, outside the access meču and the manner in which the fight. Australian radio is more to men now, and will be objective to Ivanovićevoj of me, which is long and well know.

In which direction will be to develop her game?
- We want to be konstantnija in the game, to continue the dominance of the primary line, but that hrabrija enters the offensive rally. It is necessary to return to her mental strength.
* How to comment on stories critics "will be difficult for Anna to return to the top?
- It is certain that Anna has not yet arrived at its maximum and has much room for progress. Is it the quality which can be further developed, and it will work in the coming period. Darren will be with her in Los Angeles, and I will be with her in Toronto and Sinsinatiju - concludes Dutchman.

Come in Belgrade on the Lamb
* WHEN will again be able to see you in Belgrade?
- I do not know, but I would gladly like to come. Maybe it happens after the U.S. Open, because I will then have time. Of course, provided me a call. Still remember a great lamb I eat in your country. This past visit was a nice experience.

InsideOut.
Jul 4th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Nice :worship: OF course Ana is not at full potential :shrug: She's only played to about 5% of it.

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Nice :worship: OF course Ana is not at full potential :shrug: She's only played to about 5% of it.

:lol:

At least she can win RG, with this year's chokefest she should have won:o

spiritedenergy
Jul 4th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Ajde Ana! Win something at least:o

Is Kim playing this event? I totally expect Ana to draw Kim Clijsters in the 1st round of whichever tournament she enters:o

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 5th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Ana has a good resume in southern California
2 of her 8 titles
84% total winning percentage
4-2 vs top 10 players
never worse than the 3rd round in 7 events played

2006 - 8-3 IndianWells(QF), SanDiego(3R), LosAngeles(QF)
2007 - 7-1 IndianWells(4R), LosAngeles(TITLE #4)
2008 - 6-0 IndianWells(TITLE #6)
2009 - 5-1 IndianWells(Final)

Total- 26-5 ,2 Titles

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/2433/liccalifornia.jpg

:bounce:

no pressure though, just do what you can Ana.:kiss::kiss:

-NAJ-
Jul 5th, 2009, 12:28 AM

Is Kim playing this event? I totally expect Ana to draw Kim Clijsters in the 1st round of whichever tournament she enters:o

I think no, but Ana will have bye in R1 of LA event (i hope)

spiritedenergy
Jul 5th, 2009, 03:52 AM
will Ana be able to play International events now? I'd like her to play the Bali Championship:lol::p Really it would be good for her confidence:o

InsideOut.
Jul 5th, 2009, 03:53 AM

Really? I expect Safina to draw Kim, and get thrashed, breaking Ana's Coin-record. :p:sobbing:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jul 5th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Really? I expect Safina to draw Kim, and get thrashed, breaking Ana's Coin-record. :p:sobbing:

:drool:

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
will Ana be able to play International events now? I'd like her to play the Bali Championship:lol::p Really it would be good for her confidence:o

I think she will be able to play the international tournaments.. but I kind of doubt she will actually play them... unless it's one in the fall, like Linz. Ana hates Mickey Mouse tournaments.. :sobbing:

Bali can always give her a WC.. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM

World number 1 losing to unranked player in the first round of a slam would be a total record.. no n1 seed has ever lost in the first round of the US Open.. much less to someone unranked.. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
I think she will be able to play the international tournaments.. but I kind of doubt she will actually play them... unless it's one in the fall, like Linz. Ana hates Mickey Mouse tournaments.. :sobbing:

Bali can always give her a WC.. :sobbing:

I have no idea what are you talking about.Ana just loves MM tornaments :lol::lol:

World number 1 losing to unranked player in the first round of a slam would be a total record.. no n1 seed has ever lost in the first round of the US Open.. much less to someone unranked.. :lol:

Safina is not going to lose in 1R ,but she will probably melt down in SF/F when she faces WS :rolleyes:
Did Sveta lose in 1R of US open when she was a defending champion?
Justine was the only player who lost in 1R of Wimbledon after winning RG :tape:Even she had some embarrassing records :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Safina is not going to lose in 1R ,but she will probably melt down in SF/F when she faces WS :rolleyes:
Did Sveta lose in 1R of US open when she was a defending champion?
Justine was the only player who lost in 1R of Wimbledon after winning RG :tape:Even she had some embarrassing records :lol:

Sveta lost in the first round in 2005, after winning the tournament in 2004. But she was not the number 1 seed. There are other examples of a defending champion losing in the first round I believe, but no number 1 seed has ever lost in the first round of the US Open. It has happened in other slams though.

Everybody has some embarrassing records.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I hope Ana starts to have some luck with the draws.. Barring some really awful combination of results in the Us Open series, Ana will be in the 9-12 seeds bracket for the Us Open. I don't want another all Williams final, this Wimbledon one was boring enough, so I'm hoping they are in the same half and Ana is in the other. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 5th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I hope Ana starts to have some luck with the draws.. Barring some really awful combination of results in the Us Open series, Ana will be in the 9-12 seeds bracket for the Us Open. I don't want another all Williams final, this Wimbledon one was boring enough, so I'm hoping they are in the same half and Ana is in the other. :lol:

I didn`t watch Wimbledon final yesterday.Williams finals are boring to me too.I`m also hopping for them to be in the same part of the draw :lol:I would also like no WS in the final but that is not gonna happened anyway
Did you read how Serena made fun of Dinara`s Madrid and Rome titles :tape: Sure Dinara isn`t the best player in the world but she didn`t spend entire clay season without the win also :rolleyes:
Venus and Serena are very different

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I didn`t watch Wimbledon final yesterday.Williams finals are boring to me too.I`m also hopping for them to be in the same part of the draw :lol:I would also like no WS in the final but that is not gonna happened anyway
Did you read how Serena made fun of Dinara`s Madrid and Rome titles :tape: Sure Dinara isn`t the best player in the world but she didn`t spend entire clay season without the win also :rolleyes:
Venus and Serena are very different

The final was bad.. Venus played a crappy match, Serena served well and that was enough to win. Also, there is no tension.. somehow you see that they are not entirely confortable with the situation, which is understandable.

I read Serena's pressers. She always makes some controversial comments.. and her self entitlement is somehow really funny to me. But I definitely agree that she should never have dissed Dinara that way.. even if I think her laughs were directed at the ranking system more than anything. And sure, Venus and Serena are completely different. Venus is pure class.. all we had to see is how she behaved in the trophy cerimony yesterday, compared to Serena the year before.

jelenacg
Jul 5th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I also like her press conferences ,she is funny
But this thing about Dinara`s titles was just too much imo

gaviotabr
Jul 5th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I also like her press conferences ,she is funny
But this thing about Dinara`s titles was just too much imo

Agreed.

I'm now watching Federer-Roddick. Fed is so flat.. where is the emotion?:o

InsideOut.
Jul 5th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Two boring finals to end a boring Wimbledon...fitting :wavey:

jelenacg
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Two boring finals to end a boring Wimbledon...fitting :wavey:

That final was so boring :zzz: I don`t want to watch or read news about mighty Federer who is playing so much worse than in 08 and he has two GS titles already.People who criticize women`s tennis should take a look at men`s tennis :tape::tape:
Rafa please come back :hysteric:

spiritedenergy
Jul 5th, 2009, 08:47 PM

I hope Ana will be in the other half... some luck please:o

gaviotabr
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM
From Ana's web:

The United States Tennis Association this week released a series of commercials for its US Open Series, which is the name given to the tournaments leading up to the US Open. Most of tennis' top players are featured, including Ana. The 21-year-old, who was the US Open Series champion in 2006, is the subject of two special commercials.

Two? I wonder if the other one is better and not only focused on her looks.. :o

The nice thing about the US Open series commercial is that it has, at the very end, images of Ana playing in Montreal 06 and LA 07... such great memories.. definitely two of Ana's best tournaments ever.

spiritedenergy
Jul 11th, 2009, 02:27 AM
From Ana's web:

Two? I wonder if the other one is better and not only focused on her looks.. :o

The nice thing about the US Open series commercial is that it has, at the very end, images of Ana playing in Montreal 06 and LA 07... such great memories.. definitely two of Ana's best tournaments ever.

I hope so, that commercial is dull and meaningless:o I hope they can talk about something else than look:p

VIKA?
Jul 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I think she has a great chance here:) just hoping for a good draw:bounce:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I think she has a great chance here:) just hoping for a good draw:bounce:

I like her chances as well. Whoever draws Ana is the one with the bad draw here.:cool:
As for who Ana draws, there are some players on that entry list from the first page that Ana hasnt played in ages. Id like to see some old faces watching Ana's winners fly by them, anyone but Errani again.:tape: How about..
Chak and Li Na.. not since 2006
Kirilenko..not since the same event 2 years ago
Vesnina and Wozniak..never played
Hantuchova, Sharapova, Kuzzy, Dementieva.. over a year ago
Wozniacki, just over a year. Best chance for a first top 10 win of the year;)

AstuteLearner8
Jul 22nd, 2009, 10:57 PM
Hmmm... I think Ana has a good shot at LA, but she is too inconsistent. I hope she does well, even though I cannot go to this tournament :fiery: (driving distance too!) Hopefully she'll record her first top ten win of the year :eek: and win the whole tournament!! ;) :D

Anyway, this is how they are going to promote the Carson tourny. I saw the ad on the bus this morning and went to the website :lol: :rolls::haha::haha:

http://www.savethegrunt.com/

spiritedenergy
Jul 22nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Hmmm... I think Ana has a good shot at LA, but she is too inconsistent. I hope she does well, even though I cannot go to this tournament :fiery: (driving distance too!) Hopefully she'll record her first top ten win of the year :eek: and win the whole tournament!! ;) :D

Anyway, this is how they are going to promote the Carson tourny. I saw the ad on the bus this morning and went to the website :lol: :rolls::haha::haha:

http://www.savethegrunt.com/

:rolls:

Sharapova almost the same decibel as a lion:tape:

DownTheLine21
Jul 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Hello everyone! After a long and relaxing vacation, I'm now back to rejoin our nervous circle during the USO series.

I want Ana to do well in LA, but, at the same time, I don't want her to bomb out of Cincinnati early. As some of you may remember, I'm going to that tournament in the hopes of FINALLY seeing her play.

However, I'm definitely optimistic. Ana showed signs of life at both RG and Wimbledon. Perhaps she'll breakthrough here.

gaviotabr
Jul 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone! After a long and relaxing vacation, I'm now back to rejoin our nervous circle during the USO series.

I want Ana to do well in LA, but, at the same time, I don't want her to bomb out of Cincinnati early. As some of you may remember, I'm going to that tournament in the hopes of FINALLY seeing her play.

However, I'm definitely optimistic. Ana showed signs of life at both RG and Wimbledon. Perhaps she'll breakthrough here.

Hey DTL!

Did you buy first round tickets? :p

I also hope Ana has a nice and solid american hard court season!

Curtos07
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I am watching the Indianapolis ATP tournament right now on ESPN2 and Darren Cahill is there calling the match. That means he is not with Ana in Las Vegas. :(

DownTheLine21
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Hey DTL!

Did you buy first round tickets? :p

I also hope Ana has a nice and solid american hard court season!

I actually may not be able to attend the first round, so I'm just PRAYING that she doesn't bomb out early.

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I am watching the Indianapolis ATP tournament right now on ESPN2 and Darren Cahill is there calling the match. That means he is not with Ana in Las Vegas. :(

Oh.. so I guess Ana might not be in Las Vegas then. She wouldn't be there in that hot hot weather to work alone anyway.. for that I'm sure she would rather be in Europe somewhere. I guess we will have to wait and hope Ana tells us about her preparations.

Mixo
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Oh.. so I guess Ana might not be in Las Vegas then. She wouldn't be there in that hot hot weather to work alone anyway.. for that I'm sure she would rather be in Europe somewhere. I guess we will have to wait and hope Ana tells us about her preparations.

Mallorca is warmer than Las Vegas right now, for sure... :confused: I really hope she's in Las Vegas, maybe Cahill is not with her but the other guys will help her.

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Mallorca is warmer than Las Vegas right now, for sure... :confused: I really hope she's in Las Vegas, maybe Cahill is not with her but the other guys will help her.

I'm not sure she is in Mallorca either.. The thing is.. if Cahill is not in Las Vegas, the only other adidas coach who is there is Gil Reyes, and he is not a tennis coach either.. he is a fitness coach and Ana has Scott for that. Sven and Mats are in Amsterdam.

It's like 40+ degrees celsius in Las Vegas now, and it's a desert dry weather.. it's different from Mallorca.

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I actually may not be able to attend the first round, so I'm just PRAYING that she doesn't bomb out early.

Aiss... I hope you can finally see her!

SOA_MC
Jul 25th, 2009, 01:09 PM
What other players are in Las Vegas preparing for the USO series?

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 01:26 PM
What other players are in Las Vegas preparing for the USO series?

I think right now nobody.

I know that Verdasco and Wozniacki aren't. From what I've read, Verdasco has something in Spain monday and said he would be in Las Vegas for a week before Montreal. Wozniacki said she would take some weeks off. Cirstea and MaKiri must be in Stanford, since both are playing the tournament. Korolev and Raluca Olaru are also playing tournaments.

By the way, nice to see you again! Has been a while, right? :)

Mixo
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure she is in Mallorca either.. The thing is.. if Cahill is not in Las Vegas, the only other adidas coach who is there is Gil Reyes, and he is not a tennis coach either.. he is a fitness coach and Ana has Scott for that. Sven and Mats are in Amsterdam.

I thought Sven was there... :sad: Is Indianapolis far from Las Vegas? xD

SOA_MC
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I think right now nobody.

I know that Verdasco and Wozniacki aren't. From what I've read, Verdasco has something in Spain monday and said he would be in Las Vegas for a week before Montreal. Wozniacki said she would take some weeks off. Cirstea and MaKiri must be in Stanford, since both are playing the tournament. Korolev and Raluca Olaru are also playing tournaments.

By the way, nice to see you again! Has been a while, right? :)

I remember reading somewhere that Sania Mirza is part of Sven's adidas program where is she?

Thanks :) I went away for a while, I think I had Ana fatigue :p

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM

No, Sven is in Amsterdam. He says in his dutch blog that he will be there until he goes to Cincinnati.

Indianapolis is quite far from Las Vegas.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Sania Mirza is part of Sven's adidas program where is she?

Mirza is playing a challenger tournament in Lexington.

I can totally understand your Ana fatigue.. :lol: It has been some tough times.. there are moments I want to go away a bit as well.. ;)

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 25th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Its about 1500 miles. If he flies, its 4 hours in the air at least, but hed be going west through 3 time zones so on the clock it would be 3 hours less.

Welcome back. Youre just in time for the beginning of Ana's golden era of domination:)

SOA_MC
Jul 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Mirza is playing a challenger tournament in Lexington.

I can totally understand your Ana fatigue.. :lol: It has been some tough times.. there are moments I want to go away a bit as well.. ;)

Maybe Ana is working with Steffi :yippee: Only in our dreams :sad:

Welcome back. Youre just in time for the beginning of Ana's golden era of domination:)

Hmmm you might be in need of a break :p

DownTheLine21
Jul 25th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I think we were all in need of a break. But now it's time for the final stretch of the season. Hopefully we'll be left with something to remember.

jelenacg
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I couldn`t care less if she is in Vegas or not :rolleyes: I can`t worry about that also :(
If she isn`t smart enough to relise she needs to practice with coach (and she has 2 great coaches at her disposal right now) that is her problem
On the other hand she can be with Sven in Amsterdam or with Cahill so we are worrying for no reason
:topic: Izzy we are playing final against you tomorrow in volleyball at Belgrade Arena :bigcry::bigcry:

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I couldn`t care less if she is in Vegas or not :rolleyes: I can`t worry about that also :(
If she isn`t smart enough to relise she needs to practice with coach (and she has 2 great coaches at her disposal right now) that is her problem
On the other hand she can be with Sven in Amsterdam or with Cahill so we are worrying for no reason
:topic: Izzy we are playing final against you tomorrow in volleyball at Belgrade Arena :bigcry::bigcry:

Hey Jelena! :wavey:

I also hope Ana knows she needs to work with a good coach to get her game back in good shape.. oh well.. maybe we are worried for nothing... we don't know where she is after all...

I saw that the final will be BrazilxSerbia! It should be a great match.. you guys will have the advantage though.. a packed Belgrade arena can lead Serbia to the championship.

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I think we were all in need of a break. But now it's time for the final stretch of the season. Hopefully we'll be left with something to remember.

Yes, please! Something to remember! Ana has never gone a full season without a title.. hopefully she will keep it this way.

jelenacg
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:20 PM

I also hope Ana knows she needs to work with a good coach to get her game back in good shape.. oh well.. maybe we are worried for nothing... we don't know where she is after all...

I saw that the final will be BrazilxSerbia! It should be a great match.. you guys will have the advantage though.. a packed Belgrade arena can lead Serbia to the championship.

Yes sure but i totally expect them to lose :o
Anyway only one week away until we see Ana play (good) :bounce:
She really has to play good so she can defend all those points :lol:

Curtos07
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Where ever she is, hopefully she is getting the proper preparation. I guess she will arrive in LA the next couple of days and start working with Cahill.

As for LA, I just feel very good about this tournament for some reason. This is probably her best shot at a title this year. Without the Williams Sisters there or Elena, if she can get an favorable draw then I wouldn't bet against Ana. :)

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Yes sure but i totally expect them to lose :o
Anyway only one week away until we see Ana play (good) :bounce:
She really has to play good so she can defend all those points :lol:

Ana only has 240 points to defend during the summer, so she better do it! :lol: People close to Ana in the rankings are playing every single tournament in the US Open series... :rolleyes: Ana has 1000 more points to defend until the end of the year though, and after the US Open she only has 2 or 3 tournament scheduled to play.. so she better defend some of those during the summer as well..

I miss watching her play.. play well that is! :sobbing: Idemo Ana! :armed:

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Where ever she is, hopefully she is getting the proper preparation. I guess she will arrive in LA the next couple of days and start working with Cahill.

As for LA, I just feel very good about this tournament for some reason. This is probably her best shot at a title this year. Without the Williams Sisters there or Elena, if she can get an favorable draw then I wouldn't bet against Ana. :)

It's definitely her best chance at a title..

Ana, don't go titleless this year please! :sobbing: Take your chances! :armed:

jelenacg
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:32 PM

And you forgot about other goats such as Radwanska,Szaway,Kleybanova,Zheng,Petrova :lol::lol:
Is Lucie Hrdecka(first round Wimbledon if you forgot) playing this tournament :lol:
420 points and i thought it was something like 100
How many points are you gaining for making SF at LA

Curtos07
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:38 PM
And you forgot about other goats such as Radwanska,Szaway,Kleybanova,Zheng,Petrova :lol::lol:
Is Lucie Hrdecka(first round Wimbledon if you forgot) playing this tournament :lol:

Bringing back bad memories.:sobbing: Hopefully the old Ana will return and she will have no problems with the likes of these players. :)

gaviotabr
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:38 PM
420 points and i thought it was something like 100
How many points are you gaining for making SF at LA

Sorry Jelena! I made a typo.. It's 240.. I swaped the 2 with the 4 when I was writing. :help:

A semi in LA will give her 200 points. :)

jelenacg
Jul 25th, 2009, 10:42 PM

Bringing back bad memories.:sobbing: Hopefully the old Ana will return and she will have no problems with the likes of these players. :)

You mean with the players who represent the future of womans tennis and a possible GS winners :lol:

Sorry Jelena! I made a typo.. It's 240.. I swaped the 2 with the 4 when I was writing. :help:

A semi in LA will give her 200 points. :)

I knew it was too much :lol: Hopefully she will defend them at LA :)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 25th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Vaidisova just lost against Stacey Tan, the number 584, with 6-2 6-1.
With this new low I can imagine that it is really hard to stay a fan of her.
You can have bad periods, but this has nothing to do with it.
Last year Ana beat her and Nicole has 14th at that time.
She should really stop with tennis if she won't change anything.

Ana had a bad year, but it can always be worse.

Cp6uja
Jul 26th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Ana won GS with 2 others GS finals and reach 2 tier-I titles with other 2 tier-I finals in tournaments which is playing in 1st part of season. On other hand at tournaments of 2nd half of season (after summer pause) Ana at big events never reach GS quarterfinal and at tier-I tournaments only once reach final (Montreal/06 win). So instead big expectations I think we should be happy to see if she starting to play for start like "average" TOP10 player, with shape which continue to go UP and with no (serious) injuries. So I already put all my "BIG EXPECTATIONS" to start of 2010 and for rest of this season I will be happy if she just finish season like #8 (qualify to YEC) without any spectacular result - but without some epic disasters like we see in last 13 months time to time :shrug:

Los Angeles tournament is opportunity for Ana to already back in TOP10, but in general it's probably less important event for her this summer - so way more than result will be important her progress in transition to new surface because not even practice on Hardcourts in last more than 100 days.

gaviotabr
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Ana won GS with 2 others GS finals and reach 2 tier-I titles with other 2 tier-I finals in tournaments which is playing in 1st part of season. On other hand at tournaments of 2nd half of season (after summer pause) Ana at big events never reach GS quarterfinal and at tier-I tournaments only once reach final (Montreal/06 win). So instead big expectations I think we should be happy to see if she starting to play for start like "average" TOP10 player, with shape which continue to go UP and with no (serious) injuries. So I already put all my "BIG EXPECTATIONS" to start of 2010 and for rest of this season I will be happy if she just finish season like #8 (qualify to YEC) without any spectacular result - but without some epic disasters like we see in last 13 months time to time :shrug:

I don't think anyone has big expectations C6puja, but if you hope Ana finishes the year in the top 8 and qualifies for the YEC, you should have such expectations. Only with some big results can she do that. I'm hoping with some luck and some good results she can finish number 9, which is pretty much the best I think she can do, unless she wins the US Open (unlikely..)...

And you know what? Ana needs to stop with this crap of only playing well in some places or in some parts of the season. If she wants to be a truly good player, she needs to learn to play well in all places and times. Even more so now.. she has been having a bad season, she should really focus on and dedicate herself to playing some good tennis in the second half of the year and at least getting herself a title to save an already poor season.

Los Angeles tournament is opportunity for Ana to already back in TOP10, but in general it's probably less important event for her this summer - so way more than result will be important her progress in transition to new surface because not even practice on Hardcourts in last more than 100 days.

Not even practice on hardcourts in the last 100 days? WTF? :help: Do you really believe that? I mean.. Ana is not crazy.. of course she has been practicing in similar hardcourts. :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM

Thinking about Vaidisova scares the hell out of me. It reminds me how hard it is to come back to a level of tennis once you lose it...

Yes, Ana has had a bad year, but it can always be worse.. that's really what I'm afraid of.. she might never play to her potential again.. :sobbing:

Please Ana, get yourself together at some point! :sobbing:

DownTheLine21
Jul 26th, 2009, 03:38 PM

So true. I mean, we shouldn't forget that Ana progressed to the second week (4R) at the previous two GS. That's not too bad for someone that's been having a terrible year.

Davodus
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Thinking about Vaidisova scares the hell out of me. It reminds me how hard it is to come back to a level of tennis once you lose it...

Yes, Ana has had a bad year, but it can always be worse.. that's really what I'm afraid of.. she might never play to her potential again.. :sobbing:

Well, think more about ALG :p She fell worse than Vaidisova considering she was ranked 436 at one point, but she is back now, and for over a year, and doing fine :D So it is possible to come back once you have lost it.

Cp6uja
Jul 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I don't think anyone has big expectations C6puja, but if you hope Ana finishes the year in the top 8 and qualifies for the YEC, you should have such expectations. Only with some big results can she do that. I'm hoping with some luck and some good results she can finish number 9, which is pretty much the best I think she can do, unless she wins the US Open (unlikely..)...

And you know what? Ana needs to stop with this crap of only playing well in some places or in some parts of the season. If she wants to be a truly good player, she needs to learn to play well in all places and times. Even more so now.. she has been having a bad season, she should really focus on and dedicate herself to playing some good tennis in the second half of the year and at least getting herself a title to save an already poor season.

Not even practice on hardcourts in the last 100 days? WTF? :help: Do you really believe that? I mean.. Ana is not crazy.. of course she has been practicing in similar hardcourts. :tape:With "big results" which include USO title Ana will finish season in TOP4, not at #8 :shrug:

BTW Ana is already #9 in 2009 race because Jankovic, Bartoli and Razzano is just virtually better ranked than Ana because since this season for YEC race is counting "BEST of 16", not all seasons result like in past. Now just seems that current TOP8 in race is untouchable for Ana - but Vera Zvonareva is seriously damaged by hard injury and Wozniacki already played 16 events (Ana 10) so in reality Caro is just little better.

When I say that Ana should play just like average TOP10 player, nothing special, it means for example to lose USO Quarterfinal and to lose in semifinals of US Open series tournaments where in past she reach titles (Canada and LA)... that is not big expectations at all about last season WTA #1 and GS champion and "average" results (for Ana level players) like that during rest of season will be probably enough for TOP8.

Also in day when another 2008 superstar Lois Hamilton rise again we talking here... about Vaidisova!? :help: :help: :help:

If our old Volleyball team again is able to beat all that Russians and Americans (even lead 1-0 right now vs Brasil in final) no need to be such overdramatic and spirtless about 21 yo Ana in upcoming events. But Yes, she will start to play in LA without serious HC preparation... her last HC match is from march and after Clay/Grass season Ana ended with injury (so instead HC preparation she spend this summer time in supporting her new BF).

spiritedenergy
Jul 26th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I hope Ana will do well, I hope she's practicing with someone now, but I doubt... Sven is in Amsterdam, Cahill on tv... It still looks like nothing has changed, and no matter what she says, it looks like tennis is not her n.1 priority at the moment (like for more than 1 year now). I hope she looked for a new coach, but again I doubt, maybe working with part-time coaches is good for her because her commitment is not much now. Also I hoped she could enter MM tournies and be freed of the top-10 status of the WTA, but it looks like she's stuck to that (horrible rules, WTA is getting ridiculous:help:) so I'm not expecting anything really...:o

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:20 PM

In her last 2 slams Ana at least shows she gets back on track.
1 more week and she plays again. All the 3 tournaments have 16 seeded players so it won't be a Eastbourne draw.

In the last 3 years Ana won a tournament on this continent. Maybe that is hopeful ;)

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 26th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Thinking about Vaidisova scares the hell out of me.

well, i understand the real point you were making....but even though ive never seen you play tennis before, if it was Izzy Gaviotabr vs Nicole Vaidisova in a qualifying match, played right now, my money would be on Gaviotabr:rocker2: You could take her. Hows your serve again?:unsure::lol:

So true. I mean, we shouldn't forget that Ana progressed to the second week (4R) at the previous two GS. That's not too bad for someone that's been having a terrible year.

Thats the spirit!
I agree with you. The way she earned her six wins was the most important for me.
At RG, i felt that her true serve showed up in the 2nd set of the first match, and she played 5 consecutive sets in a row like i expect her too, before the Azarenka match. The opponents in those three matches arent the important thing. Thats what an Ivanovic match against those three was supposed to look like imo.
In Wimbledon, she played pretty decent in her three wins. I should admit that i knew the results before watching, but still, i liked what i saw. She was hitting cleanly, serving pretty good, passing the mental tests... looking pretty good at Wimbledon up through that Stosur win. Obviously she wasnt playing at her absolute peak in either tournament, but for this season, that was pretty good stuff she showed.
So now on to hardcourts, and hopefully more of the same or better.
Btw, im going to Cinci as well. First one for me, so even if Ana does decide to catch an early flight out of there at least i can finally watch some other live matches. Although if Ana and Vera both bomb out early, I might just head downtown and catch a Reds game.:lol:

I hope Ana will do well, I hope she's practicing with someone now, but I doubt... Sven is in Amsterdam, Cahill on tv... It still looks like nothing has changed, and no matter what she says, it looks like tennis is not her n.1 priority at the moment (like for more than 1 year now). I hope she looked for a new coach, but again I doubt, maybe working with part-time coaches is good for her because her commitment is not much now. Also I hoped she could enter MM tournies and be freed of the top-10 status of the WTA, but it looks like she's stuck to that (horrible rules, WTA is getting ridiculous:help:) so I'm not expecting anything really...:o

I got carried away with hitting multi quote.:lol: Cmon Luca, thats not spoken like someone named spiritedenergy. Wheres the spirit? Wheres the energy?:drink::lol:
Well, i wont try and talk you out of not having expectations. I do hope that she gets herself and her fans energized again soon. I dont think we should have to wait until we see a top 10 win, or Ana hoisting a crystal vase to find some good right now. I think theres some good signs in the smaller victories, and shes starting to get there.

In her last 2 slams Ana at least shows she gets back on track.
1 more week and she plays again. All the 3 tournaments have 16 seeded players so it won't be a Eastbourne draw.

In the last 3 years Ana won a tournament on this continent. Maybe that is hopeful ;)

:rocker2::rocker2:

Cp6uja
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I see 3 scenarios for Ana in LA:

1) Good result (SF for example) which will following with tanking Cincinnati (2nd round lose for example) and at least QF at Toronto.
2) Bad result (early round upset) which at least force her to be more serious in rest of US Open series tournaments.
3) Ana will realize that Hollywood is perfect place for girl like she and stay there forever :scared:

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:14 AM

1) Good result (SF for example) which will following with tanking Cincinnati (2nd round lose for example) and at least QF at Toronto.
2) Bad result (early round upset) which at least force her to be more serious in rest of US Open series tournaments.
3) Ana will realize that Hollywood is perfect place for girl like she and stay there forever :scared:

:help:

I think (hope?)...
Los Angeles QF
Cincinnati 2R
Toronto QF

according to her seeding she should reach the QFs right?

jelenacg
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM

4)Ana will realise it`s time to settle down and she will move to Mallorca so she can rise her 5 kids in peace and live happily ever after with Adam :lol: :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM

I don't know how Ana will suck her way into these tournaments.. but she is so NOT a Hollywood girl.. :lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 28th, 2009, 07:30 AM
She is NOT Hollywood material. Please. :lol:

:help:

I think (hope?)...
Los Angeles QF
Cincinnati 2R
Toronto QF

according to her seeding she should reach the QFs right?

Duh.

Los Angeles WIN :hearts:
Cincinnati WIN :inlove:
Toronto WIN :bounce:
US Open WIN :drool:

:woohoo: Ana Ivanovic FTW! :banana:

Mixo
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I see early losses in LA, Cincy and Toronto till the Us Open where she will win humiliating all her rivals.

spiritedenergy
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I see early losses in LA, Cincy and Toronto till the Us Open where she will win humiliating all her rivals.

How would I LOVE to see that:hearts::worship:

The Daviator
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:36 PM
All I know for sure is everyone she has to play this summer, bar maybe 1 or 2, will play a brilliant/perfect match against her :o

gaviotabr
Jul 28th, 2009, 11:38 PM
All I know for sure is everyone she has to play this summer, bar maybe 1 or 2, will play a brilliant/perfect match against her :o

That's for sure... nobody plays bad against Ana.. :rolleyes:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM
That's for sure... nobody plays bad against Ana.. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about that again when Hrdaceka lost the first set today against......? who?

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I've just read that Kuzzy withdrew from LA. Ana will most probably be the number 6th seed. The top 4 seeds are Safina, Zvonareva, Azarenka and Wozniacki. I just hope Ana has some luck with the draw and avoids Azarenka in the QF.

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I was thinking about that again when Hrdaceka lost the first set today against......? who?

:sobbing:

Seriously.. I can't understand how some players play out of their minds against Ana and then completely suck in any other match. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Jul 29th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I've just read that Kuzzy withdrew from LA. Ana will most probably be the number 6th seed. The top 4 seeds are Safina, Zvonareva, Azarenka and Wozniacki. I just hope Ana has some luck with the draw and avoids Azarenka in the QF.

:eek:
I`m starting to believe Justine really cursed that Suzanne Lenglen trophy :tape:

Seriously.. I can't understand how some players play out of their minds against Ana and then completely suck in any other match. :sobbing:

Same goes with Kleybaanova,i think she didn`t have any descent result this year except beating Ana :tape:And what about Zheng,Tamira Paszek...
Is it a good thing or bad thing that she will be #6,considering the draw( please say good)
So she will meet one of the top 4 seeds in QF,please let it be Zvonareva(still injured) if Ana gets to QF that is:rolleyes:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 29th, 2009, 03:28 AM
:eek:
So she will meet one of the top 4 seeds in QF,please let it be Zvonareva(still injured) if Ana gets to QF that is:rolleyes:

I saw the end of the 3rd set today and shes still got a ways to go before getting back 100%. Her mobility is definitely an issue, and the rest of her game looks rusty. I think its going to be a challenge for her to make the QF even with a top 4 seeding, but if it happens, i dont see how Ana should have a problem this time. Although id much prefer to see Ana earn a win over a healthy top 10 player for her first of the year.

AstuteLearner8
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM

I think that all the lower-ranked players have confidence that they can actually beat Ana, using last years US Open as a prime example. Julie Coin, 188th ranked player who had never been in main draw at a singles tournament before beat No. 1 Ana in the second round. All players should get giddy when they play Ana after that incident. :tape:

Well, went to UCLA for the past few days, only saw Safin :hearts:, and Cahill :). But no Ana. I did get to see her at Walmart later, on literally all the tvs! They showed her RG victory from last year so I was like good times, good times. :lol:

As for Ana's chances, let's first see how she does first round and then we can comment on how far she can go. Let's hope she can play decent here, and then win the US Open! :bounce:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:02 PM
If Ana wants to make the YEC, she has to overtake Zvonareva. That's kinda the last spot left. She lost yesterday so that's more hope for Ana.
Now bring LA and grab the points!

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I think that all the lower-ranked players have confidence that they can actually beat Ana, using last years US Open as a prime example. Julie Coin, 188th ranked player who had never been in main draw at a singles tournament before beat No. 1 Ana in the second round. All players should get giddy when they play Ana after that incident. :tape:

True.. :sobbing: They go on court all confident against Ana, ready to play. :sobbing: Ana needs to get some big wins to build an "hard to beat" aura again.

Well, went to UCLA for the past few days, only saw Safin :hearts:, and Cahill :). But no Ana. I did get to see her at Walmart later, on literally all the tvs! They showed her RG victory from last year so I was like good times, good times. :lol:

Well.. since Ana left Europe on Monday, she probably arrived early yesterday.. She should start practicing today. So if you are going to be there again, I guess there is a possibility of an Ana sighting.. :p:lol:

As for Ana's chances, let's first see how she does first round and then we can comment on how far she can go. Let's hope she can play decent here, and then win the US Open! :bounce:

Yes.. we can just wait and see... and hope for the best. Some luck with the draw doesn't hurt either.

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 01:00 PM
If Ana wants to make the YEC, she has to overtake Zvonareva. That's kinda the last spot left. She lost yesterday so that's more hope for Ana.
Now bring LA and grab the points!

Yes.. Vera doesn't seem to be fully recovered from her ankle injury. She might need some time to return to best form, so her spot is questionable.

But Ana is 800 points behind and there are about 6 players fighting for it. Ana would have to get some very good results to make it.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 29th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Yes.. Vera doesn't seem to be fully recovered from her ankle injury. She might need some time to return to best form, so her spot is questionable.

But Ana is 800 points behind and there are about 6 players fighting for it. Ana would have to get some very good results to make it.

6 players are near yes, but I only see Jankovic or Aga be close to Vera.
Bartoli, Razzano, Cibulkova or Stosur, you can't take them serious.
If Ana just brings her Wimbledon level (and confidence), she can beat a lot of players.
Just look like how Safina wins her matches.

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
6 players are near yes, but I only see Jankovic or Aga be close to Vera.
Bartoli, Razzano, Cibulkova or Stosur, you can't take them serious.
If Ana just brings her Wimbledon level (and confidence), she can beat a lot of players.
Just look like how Safina wins her matches.

Yes.. I guess you are right... even though about 6 players are close enough to fight for the last spot, only 3 or 4 are actually going to be in contention.

I don't think we can compare Ana to Safina though. Safina has more than proven that she can grind out tons of matches. Ana instead has twice choked away a double break lead in the third set to lose matches this year. So if it comes to that, I still don't trust Ana to win. She hasn't been to a QF since IW, and for her to be one of those 3 fighting for the last spot to the YEC she will have to post some big results.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Yes.. I guess you are right... even though about 6 players are close enough to fight for the last spot, only 3 or 4 are actually going to be in contention.

I don't think we can compare Ana to Safina though. Safina has more than proven that she can grind out tons of matches. Ana instead has twice choked away a double break lead in the third set to lose matches this year. So if it comes to that, I still don't trust Ana to win. She hasn't been to a QF since IW, and for her to be one of those 3 fighting for the last spot to the YEC she will have to post some big results.

That's a matter of confidence. With more confidence there's more chance to take that 3rd set. Ana will show that again when she has her full confidence back and that will come with wins.

The level that Safina shows lately (is niet om over naar huis te schrijven ):p
Many times it's the opponent that gives the win away.

It's true that Ana still need some big results.
800 points is doable but then she really has to play like Ana Ivanovic.
I still believe she's out there somewhere and comes back on time.

InsideOut.
Jul 29th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Same goes with Kleybaanova,i think she didn`t have any descent result this year except beating Ana :tape:And what about Zheng,Tamira Paszek...
Is it a good thing or bad thing that she will be #6,considering the draw( please say good)

Kleybanova beat Venus. :p

:confused: A Grand Slam title is worth 2000 points. ;)

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 29th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Kleybanova beat Venus. :p

:confused: A Grand Slam title is worth 2000 points. ;)

Isa won't believe Ana wins the USO before she sees it ;):p

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Isa won't believe Ana wins the USO before she sees it ;):p

I won't believe it after either. If Ana wins the USO I'll be in awe for days and days.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Sharapova just beat Petrova 1 and 2 in Stanford. Credits to Masha who played pretty well today. I hope Ana is far from her in the LA draw. But also.. it adds to the theory that nobody plays bad tennis against Ana. I mean.. Petrova was absolutely awful today. I'm sure she wasn't sucking when she won all those games in a row to beat Ana in Eastbourne. :sobbing::rolleyes:

jelenacg
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Petrova :lol: She surely didn`t forget their last match :lol:
When Ana starts winning again and playing better people will start playing bad against her
I was hoping she can continue improving her form from W,but i`m not so sure now :rolleyes:
I fear her first matches in LA will be difficult bc all her opponents by that time will play at least 1 or 2 matches :tape:

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Petrova :lol: She surely didn`t forget their last match :lol:
When Ana starts winning again and playing better people will start playing bad against her
I was hoping she can continue improving her form from W,but i`m not so sure now :rolleyes:
I fear her first matches in LA will be difficult bc all her opponents by that time will play at least 1 or 2 matches :tape:

I'm sure the first couple of matches will be difficult.. she hasn't played in a month, she will need to get some rythm going. Hopefully she will have some luck with the draw and enough good play to get through that and actually have the chance to play more matches and play well.

And agreed. Ana needs some good wins to rebuild that top player aura, and draw some respect from her opponents.

jelenacg
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:58 AM

I'm sure the first couple of matches will be difficult.. she hasn't played in a month, she will need to get some rythm going. Hopefully she will have some luck with the draw and enough good play to get through that and actually have the chance to play more matches and play well.

And agreed. Ana needs some good wins to rebuild that top player aura, and draw some respect from her opponents.

Izzy :wavey:
But no matter how she does in LA,at least she will have Sven and Cahill with her until US Open and that is a lot of practices with the coaches :bounce::bounce:
Good result in LA will help her to continue going in right direction but all i want is Ana not to get injured anymore in this season.i think she had more than enough of that this season :tape:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:03 AM
speaking of Petrova and drawing respect from opponents, Petrova gave Ana great praise after the 2007 LA tournament. Always worth reading again.

http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=92&detailpage=841

Nadia Petrova, whom Ana defeated 7-5, 6-4 in the final of the East West Bank Classic, gave a generous tribute to the teenager. She praised almost every aspect of Ana’s game.

“I would say she just rips it off without event thinking,” the world No.9 said about Ana’s instinctive forehand. “Comparing with any other players, it is the best forehand by far on tour.”

She continued: "Her fitness coach did a good job with her, she's lost some weight and is dangerous. Even out of difficult positions she's coming up with big shots."

Petrova was also impressed by the variety in Ana’s game. She said: “She mixed it up well. You never what she was going to come up with. You had to be very alert to read what was coming.

“It was a very solid game from her today. It was about the break and she did it. I could not break her back. I was trying but it did not work out.”

jelenacg
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:13 AM
speaking of Petrova and drawing respect from opponents, Petrova gave Ana great praise after the 2007 LA tournament. Always worth reading again.

http://www.anaivanovic.com/?path=news&tablepage=92&detailpage=841

Very nice
The problem is that in tennis people very quickly forget what you did.No matter how you were last year ,you suck right now and people look to take advantage on that.You just constantly need to prove yourself

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Izzy :wavey:
But no matter how she does in LA,at least she will have Sven and Cahill with her until US Open and that is a lot of practices with the coaches :bounce::bounce:
Good result in LA will help her to continue going in right direction but all i want is Ana not to get injured anymore in this season.i think she had more than enough of that this season :tape:

Yes, Ana will have 5 weeks of practice with Cahill and Sven before the US Open, so hopefully she will arrive in NY well prepared. A good USO series could give her confidence, belief and a good seeding. But I agree with you, the most important thing is avoid any injury or illness.. enough of that.

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Very nice
The problem is that in tennis people very quickly forget what you did.No matter how you were last year ,you suck right now and people look to take advantage on that.You just constantly need to prove yourself

So true. Doesn't matter what you did in the past, what matters is how you are doing in the present. Ana has to rebuild that respect for her game.

jelenacg
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:25 AM
So true. Doesn't matter what you did in the past, what matters is how you are doing in the present. Ana has to rebuild that respect for her game.

Exactly,people have to be afraid of her again :lol:

InsideOut.
Jul 30th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Sharapova just beat Petrova 1 and 2 in Stanford. Credits to Masha who played pretty well today. I hope Ana is far from her in the LA draw. But also.. it adds to the theory that nobody plays bad tennis against Ana. I mean.. Petrova was absolutely awful today. I'm sure she wasn't sucking when she won all those games in a row to beat Ana in Eastbourne. :sobbing::rolleyes:

It will not be an issue in LA. They can play their best and Ana will crush them 0 and 0 anyway. Just wait and see. :wavey:

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 30th, 2009, 03:52 AM
Very nice

so true. Just a little nostalgia, from Ivanovic history:drool:

Exactly,people have to be afraid of her again :lol:

if she draws Errani again, that might be one person that has a little fear:lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I'm sure she wasn't sucking when she won all those games in a row to beat Ana in Eastbourne. :sobbing::rolleyes:

:o

Cp6uja
Jul 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Petrova loss is good news for Ana b/c now will be way more easy for Ana to back to TOP10 already after Los Angeles (where Petrova defending 140pts, Ana nothing) - but we still find way to "crying" after this actually very good news for Ana :spit:

Relax people...

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:05 PM
if she draws Errani again, that might be one person that has a little fear:lol:

Errani withdrew, so no such luck.. :lol:

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Petrova loss is good news for Ana b/c now will be way more easy for Ana to back to TOP10 already after Los Angeles (where Petrova defending 140pts, Ana nothing) - but we still find way to "crying" after this actually very good news for Ana :spit:

Relax people...

Actually, Petrova has already lost her LA points. But yeah.. it was good.. she just could have sucked against Ana as well...

The best news regarding Ana's ranking is that Radwanska also lost. She has nothing to defend during the american hard court season and is playing every week, so she could be a threat to the top 10 spot. Bartoli has semis from Montreal coming out on monday, Cibulkova final points from the same event.. Ana will be 146 points behind Petrova on Monday, so I guess she will need a semi in LA to get back into the top 10. Correct me if I'm wrong Sjoerd! ;)

gaviotabr
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:01 PM
So.. the draw should come out tomorrow night. Aisss I'm really looking foward to seeing Ana play again, hopefully well. :lol: The thing is, will we watch her? I mean.. will there be a stream for the early rounds? It seems TV coverage only starts for the QFs.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Actually, Petrova has already lost her LA points. But yeah.. it was good.. she just could have sucked against Ana as well...

The best news regarding Ana's ranking is that Radwanska also lost. She has nothing to defend during the american hard court season and is playing every week, so she could be a threat to the top 10 spot. Bartoli has semis from Montreal coming out on monday, Cibulkova final points from the same event.. Ana will be 146 points behind Petrova on Monday, so I guess she will need a semi in LA to get back into the top 10. Correct me if I'm wrong Sjoerd! ;)

Correct. And if Ana is in the semis, then Petrova can even make a QF.
In the week of Cincinnati, Petrova has 280 points to defend.

For example. If Petrova gets a QF in LA and R3 in Cincinnati, then Ana doesn't even have to play to overtake her.
Radwanska may even get a SF in LA and QF Cincinnati, then still she wouldn't overtake Ana.
So actually something strange has to happen if Ana won't be top 10 after Cincinnati.

Curtos07
Jul 30th, 2009, 09:21 PM
So.. the draw should come out tomorrow night. Aisss I'm really looking foward to seeing Ana play again, hopefully well. :lol: The thing is, will we watch her? I mean.. will there be a stream for the early rounds? It seems TV coverage only starts for the QFs.

There reall haven't been any streams for the ATP tournament in LA this week so I have my doubts they will next week. :( I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be one. I need to see Ana, it's been so long. :sobbing: If not, then we'll jut have to hope she reaches at least the quarters.

Polikarpov
Jul 30th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Top 10! Top 10! Top 10! Top 10!

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 31st, 2009, 01:54 AM
American tennis tournament coverage usually sucks. Hopefully there is something before the QF, but i really doubt it.:(

jelenacg
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:35 AM
When is the draw coming out?
I watched first two sets JJ vs Lisicki,horrible match :tape::help:
I was even wondering during first set did JJ even practice during holiday
I`m now afraid of how is Ana going to play :sad:

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:51 AM
When is the draw coming out?
I watched first two sets JJ vs Lisicki,horrible match :tape::help:
I was even wondering during first set did JJ even practice during holiday
I`m now afraid of how is Ana going to play :sad:

I think the draw comes out tonight.

I also watched JJ x Lisicki. JJ was awful in the first set, but Lisicki was ever worse in the 2nd and 3rd. She was double faulting all over the place, and so many UEs. JJ only had to be solid to win, which she was in the last 2 sets. It seems that there is some controversy between her and Bartoli, so I expect her to be really motivated and to play better today. :lol:

I'm also afraid of how Ana is going to play. We always never know with her, but right now even more.. so many changes and doubts.. I hope she is having a good week of practice with Cahill. I saw a bit of him calling a match on ESPN yesterday for the ATP LA Open.

jelenacg
Jul 31st, 2009, 12:02 PM

I also watched JJ x Lisicki. JJ was awful in the first set, but Lisicki was ever worse in the 2nd and 3rd. She was double faulting all over the place, and so many UEs. JJ only had to be solid to win, which she was in the last 2 sets. It seems that there is some controversy between her and Bartoli, so I expect her to be really motivated and to play better today. :lol:

I'm also afraid of how Ana is going to play. We always never know with her, but right now even more.. so many changes and doubts.. I hope she is having a good week of practice with Cahill. I saw a bit of him calling a match on ESPN yesterday for the ATP LA Open.

Good description of the match :lol:
Bartoli and JJ bitching :lol: you have to love WTA
Bartoli is injured,she wasn`t moving well in her last match but she won their last 3 matches so everything can happen
Maria and Venus :bounce:,too bad i would probably be sleeping at that time :o

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 12:07 PM
Bartoli is injured,she wasn`t moving well in her last match but she won their last 3 matches so everything can happen

I would also like to watch Maria x Venus. I think it will be at the same time of JJ x Lisicki, right?

By the way.. since the LA draw is going to be made today, I'll call on Ana's luck. C'mon Ana's luck, show up today and get her a good draw please. :lol:

jelenacg
Jul 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM
I would also like to watch Maria x Venus. I think it will be at the same time of JJ x Lisicki, right?

By the way.. since the LA draw is going to be made today, I'll call on Ana's luck. C'mon Ana's luck, show up today and get her a good draw please. :lol:

Yes ,before that match is JJ vs Bartoli
That would be nice :bounce::lol:

AstuteLearner8
Jul 31st, 2009, 01:39 PM

Well it's currently 5:30 am in my time zone, just woke up an hour ago, so the draw comes out in the morning for me. :p

Well, Lisicki did not get the revenge that she stated in her twitter did she? :lol: But yeah it was an aweful match and I'm looking forward to the Bartoli vs JJ match. Hopefully it would be full of good plays between both players :armed:

Let's just see first round before we get our hopes up, I'm trying to get tickets to see in the first round. :bounce: But we have to believe, and if she crashes out of the first round, then she will still be playing two more tournaments and then we can get our hopes up over there. Or the best case scenario is that she has okay results in the three tournaments and then wins US Open! :hearts:

PS: the quote thing is getting on my nerves.

AstuteLearner8
Jul 31st, 2009, 01:50 PM

Hehe just found an article and Bartoli and JJ clearly don't like each other! :lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/tennis/wires/07/31/3000.ap.ten.stanford.2nd.ld.writethru.0753/index.html

Midge.
Jul 31st, 2009, 03:19 PM
Hehe just found an article and Bartoli and JJ clearly don't like each other! :lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/tennis/wires/07/31/3000.ap.ten.stanford.2nd.ld.writethru.0753/index.html

Does anyone like Marion?
This is why WTA >>>> ATP. Bitchfights. :hearts: Even sweet wholesome Lena is getting into the cattyness. Love it. :worship:

Im keeping the faith in short term (even though this short term is disgustingly long) pain, long term gain.
The rebuilding phase is going to take time, especially with the annoyingly high turnover of her support staff in recent months, so i've pretty much given up on her achieving anything noteworthy in 09. As has most people.
In terms of the draw, im actually hoping she gets it hard, playing no name hacks isn't going to get her anywhere. We all know she can take care of players like Errani and the like with ease. It's just the top 10'ers. The more chances she gets, the better. Im hoping she doesn't turn into a flat-track bully. :sobbing: (sry if im stating the already stated obvious here :p)

Im trying to keep my expectations low, a top 10 win from here on in and i'll be stoked. :)

InsideOut.
Jul 31st, 2009, 04:17 PM
I want Ana to get a tough draw. If she has a cakewalk she will only find a way to screw it up. She needs a tough draw where she can beat everyone to shut up the doubters.

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 04:28 PM
I want Ana to get a tough draw. If she has a cakewalk she will only find a way to screw it up. She needs a tough draw where she can beat everyone to shut up the doubters.

But losing in the first round won't help her either. Her tough draw in Eastbourne didn't help.. Ana needs to play more matches and get more wins so she can have a chance to play better.

InsideOut.
Jul 31st, 2009, 04:33 PM
Her loss in Eastbourne was a stupid choke that should never have happened. I almost think if she had been up 4-0 on, say, Dushevina, in the final set she could still have choked that away. I always think a tough (not extremely tough, but not easy) draw is good for Ana. If she plays well she can beat anyone in that cake LA draw anyway.

AstuteLearner8
Jul 31st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Her loss in Eastbourne was a stupid choke that should never have happened. I almost think if she had been up 4-0 on, say, Dushevina, in the final set she could still have choked that away. I always think a tough (not extremely tough, but not easy) draw is good for Ana. If she plays well she can beat anyone in that cake LA draw anyway.

Well I think the loss in Eastbourne was going to happen, I mean she just got rid of Kardon and started working with Cahill, things just don't click when you switch coaches immediately.

But I agree, she needs a long awaited challenge hopefully in the second or quarterfinal round because I might go to her first round and I don't want any more emotional losses and rollercoasters.

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 05:24 PM

Yes.. that was such a stupid choke.. :sobbing:

Well.. maybe you are right.. we will see what luck Ana has with the draw later today..

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 07:17 PM
I was checking the tournament's web and the qualies draw hasn't come out either. So I'm thinking they might not release the main draw today. :(

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Yes, TBE just confirmed that Main Draw will be made tomorrow.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 31st, 2009, 10:51 PM
She won't choke it away this time. Relax I'm not going to LA.

jonnyroyale_13
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:11 PM
Sjoerd, do you need a hug? I aint giving you one.:p You used to have that prophecy in your signature about winning titles and being number one. I guess you cant force any new prophecy, but if you get any, let us know.
I agree though, people should relax. Our girl has a tournament next week, shes healthy, shes fresh, and there isnt anyone here to be scared of. Ajde!:armed:

AstuteLearner8
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:46 PM
Serena Williams "the real #1" has just lost to Sam Stosur! 2-6 6-3 2-6. :tape:

:bounce: for Sam :help: for Serena

Serena didn't look too good, you see how emotional she was when she won against Czink?!

Well, happy for Stosur, revenge against the AO loss!

jelenacg
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:48 PM
Serena Williams "the real #1" has just lost to Sam Stosur! 2-6 6-3 2-6. :tape:

:bounce: for Sam :help: for Serena

Serena didn't look too good, you see how emotional she was when she won against Czink?!

Well, happy for Stosur, revenge against the AO loss!

That`s just Serena
Her playing like crap before GS means only one thing.She will win US open :lol:
So the draw is tomorrow thank you Izzy

AstuteLearner8
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:50 PM
Wait, sorry guys Stosur actually fell to Dementieva at AO! But anyway, Serena was lethargic today. The WTA Tour really needs a leader! Who will step up to the challenge during the US Open Series? Any bets?

It was actually at the Medibank International in Sydney.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:55 PM
Sjoerd, do you need a hug? I aint giving you one.:p You used to have that prophecy in your signature about winning titles and being number one. I guess you cant force any new prophecy, but if you get any, let us know.
I agree though, people should relax. Our girl has a tournament next week, shes healthy, shes fresh, and there isnt anyone here to be scared of. Ajde!:armed:

I had the same signature for a long time. Not sure when I changed it, but it was somewhere last year after she won RG.

She won a big title and became nr 1, I don't know what else I can put there.

jelenacg
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:56 PM
Wait, sorry guys Stosur actually fell to Dementieva at AO! But anyway, Serena was lethargic today. The WTA Tour really needs a leader! Who will step up to the challenge during the US Open Series? Any bets?

It was actually at the Medibank International in Sydney.

Safina i guess as always :)
But i`m pretty sure she won`t win US open

gaviotabr
Jul 31st, 2009, 11:57 PM
Serena played so bad.. so bad.. she could play like that against Ana someday.. :sobbing:

So.. Stosur will be ahead of Ana in the race next week...

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:03 AM
Serena played so bad.. so bad.. she could play like that against Ana someday.. :sobbing:

So.. Stosur will be ahead of Ana in the race next week...

You'll see that Serena plays her best match in Cincinnati against.....
Do you actually think that Ana will EVER play a Williams on CLAY?
I guess only the fast courts are allowed.

jelenacg
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:06 AM
Bartoli has both legs taped :lol::lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:07 AM
You'll see that Serena plays her best match in Cincinnati against.....
Do you actually think that Ana will EVER play a Williams on CLAY?
I guess only the fast courts are allowed.

:sobbing: She could have played Venus in Rome.. :sobbing:

But yes.. she has to get them at slams.. fast courts... or when they are really playing well.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:09 AM
I think JJ will win today. She has to be super motivated.. :lol:

And Bartoli doesn`t move well,she always plays injured :tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:09 AM
Bartoli has both legs taped :lol::lol:

I think JJ will win today. She has to be super motivated.. :lol:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:21 AM
Few more days to go and Ana plays 3 tournaments in a row. Now I actually realise it that it's much of Ana.
If the results are the same as like the last time she played 3 in a row then I'll sign for it!

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:22 AM
Few more days to go and Ana plays 3 tournaments in a row. Now I actually realise it that it's much of Ana.
If the results are the same as like the last time she played 3 in a row then I'll sign for it!

Yes, me too! :lol:

We won't be bored, that's for sure. :lol: I just hope she plays well...

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:26 AM
Just thinking about it:

It's quite some time since I played three tournaments in three weeks and it's definitely a challenge physically, but I am up to it for sure. Actually, someone told me that the last time I played three tournaments in three weeks was three years ago, when I won the US Open Series. That was nice to hear!

What was that person drinking :spit::drink: :lol:

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 01:41 AM
And Bartoli doesn`t move well,she always plays injured :tape:

This second set is turning out to be quite fun. Both are playing well.

JJ fistpumping and shouting Ajde! :lol::spit:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 1st, 2009, 01:50 AM
Bartoli is gonna win this set cause JJ is only winning games when I'm not watching.

jelenacg
Aug 1st, 2009, 01:58 AM
This second set is turning out to be quite fun. Both are playing well.

JJ fistpumping and shouting Ajde! :lol::spit:

And to think some JJ fans don`t like(hate :o) Ana`s ajdes and fistpump :lol::lol:
Bartoli is gonna win this set cause JJ is only winning games when I'm not watching.

You were right she won second set

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 02:00 AM

You have powers Sjoerd. She won it, saving 2 match points along the way. Third set now.

jelenacg
Aug 1st, 2009, 02:51 AM
Marion won in the end
I don`t know maybe JJ style of play suits her and she is definitelly in JJ`s head no matter what JJ says
JJ ,next time let your racquet do the talking :rolleyes: :o
Bartoli plays her best tennis against JJ

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 1st, 2009, 02:57 AM
You have powers Sjoerd. She won it, saving 2 match points along the way. Third set now.

If it works with the one I dislike the most, then it should also work with the one I LIKE the most, right?

Haven't seen all of the 3rd set, but in the 2nd I only started watching when Bartoli was behind. Haven't seen the first 4 points of the 12th game.

AstuteLearner8
Aug 1st, 2009, 06:47 AM
Well nobody is awake right now. So Sharapova gets beat by Venus 2-6 2-6, but I saw this coming. At least Sharapova can console herself knowing that she got more games off of Venus than Ana and Dinara combined at Wimbledon. :lol: :help: Maria also pulled an Ana, barely any aces and the toss was sorta erratic.

:topic: Saw Safin play his final match at LA Tennis Open. He just threw the match away by the last two games. :fiery:

and.. Go Ana! :)

Curtos07
Aug 1st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Well nobody is awake right now. So Sharapova gets beat by Venus 2-6 2-6, but I saw this coming. At least Sharapova can console herself knowing that she got more games off of Venus than Ana and Dinara combined at Wimbledon. :lol: :help: Maria also pulled an Ana, barely any aces and the toss was sorta erratic.

I watched the Sharapova match to and it felt like I was watching Ana. :lol: Just without the Ivanovitis. :D

Midge.
Aug 1st, 2009, 08:34 AM
Masha fans have no idea what they're in for.. :o

JJ needs to talk shit more often, worked well for her today. At least she nearly won. :kiss:

:rolleyes: MLDB given a wildcard. Actually having no streams may be a good thing if Ana has to play her.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
:rolleyes: MLDB given a wildcard. Actually having no streams may be a good thing if Ana has to play her.

Having a stream without sound is even better.

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Marion won in the end
I don`t know maybe JJ style of play suits her and she is definitelly in JJ`s head no matter what JJ says
JJ ,next time let your racquet do the talking :rolleyes: :o
Bartoli plays her best tennis against JJ

I feel asleep at the first game of the third set and when I woke up JJ had long lost. Bartoli got into her head I guess. I thought she played really well in the first 2 sets (except the second set tie break).

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:12 PM
Venus is totally crushing Dementieva in Stanford. She is playing SO well. :eek:

I'm so curious to see Ana's LA draw... aisss..

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:36 PM
Izzy, what does aiss mean? always wondered. sometimes it looks like ass:p

For fun, any prediction whos in Ana's quarter? Ill go with Caroline.:boxing:

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM

Hey Jonny! :wavey:

I'll stop with the aiss.. because it does sound like ass.. and I had not thought about it before! :lol: It's like an expression of apprehension. :lol:

I just hope it's not Azarenka. :unsure:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM

Hey Jonny! :wavey:

I'll stop with the aiss.. because it does sound like ass.. and I had not thought about it before! :lol: It's like an expression of apprehension. :lol:

I just hope it's not Azarenka. :unsure:

no, dont stop! Its like your trademark, i just never knew what it meant. I figured its like a way to sigh or something....aisssss....:lol: I like it.

Azarenka....aissss...that would be worst case i think.

Craig.
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
Maria-Ana R1 :speakles:

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
no, dont stop! Its like your trademark, i just never knew what it meant. I figured its like a way to sigh or something....aisssss....:lol: I like it.

Azarenka....aissss...that would be worst case i think.

:lol: Okay.. so I'll keep it. I see that you got the idea perfectly! :lol:

Yes.. Azarenka would be the worst case scenario. The other top 4 seeds are Safina, Zvonareva and Wozniacki. I'm also curious to see her first round opponent. There are always dangerous loomers.

Curtos07
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM

Please let it be Bepa.

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
Maria-Ana R1 :speakles:

What?

Craig.
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
:p

Craig.
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:55 PM
What?

:lol: Nothing. I just wanted to see how you guys would react.

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM
:lol: Nothing. I just wanted to see how you guys would react.

:o

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 1st, 2009, 09:57 PM
Please let it be Bepa.

If Vera can even reach the QF.. Thats a big if i think based on what i saw in her Wimbledon and Istanbul matches. i dont think Ana would have any problem with Vera if it happend though.
1st round matches are hardly ever clinics for Ana, so whoever is fine with me. I wouldnt mind though a big name like Safina or Azarenka for a QF test.

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
If Vera can even reach the QF.. Thats a big if i think based on what i saw in her Wimbledon and Istanbul matches. i dont think Ana would have any problem with Vera if it happend though.
1st round matches are hardly ever clinics for Ana, so whoever is fine with me. I wouldnt mind though a big name like Safina or Azarenka for a QF test.

I'm okay with Safina in the QF.. I think she is a good match up for Ana. As for Azarenka, I hope if Ana gets to play her it's in the semi or final.

Craig.
Aug 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM
Tonight at 7? :weirdo: Oh come on :o

gaviotabr
Aug 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM
From twitter:

LATennisOpen Guest appearance tonight from WTA's Caroline Wozniacki. LA Women's Tennis Championship draw to be made here tonight at 7!
4 minutes ago from web

https://twitter.com/LATennisOpen

AAAAAAHH! :lol: Getting excited, Ana style!

So.. I'll have to leave soon.. but maybe you guys can follow it. :)

jelenacg
Aug 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm okay with Safina in the QF.. I think she is a good match up for Ana. As for Azarenka, I hope if Ana gets to play her it's in the semi or final.

Same with me
And Ana also wasn`t at her best in Doha so i don`t care if Vera is fit or not to play :rolleyes:

Curtos07
Aug 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM

I would like to see Ana avoid those players until at least the semi's so she can build up some confidence. A few easy matches wouldn't hurt. If she can get a few wins under the belt then I would like her chances much better against the likes of Safina or Azarenka in the semi's or finals rather than in the quarters. Then again, Ana has to get there first for that to even become an issue. All I really want is a semi final appearance for Ana. I feel that this tournament is a great opportunity for her and for some reason I have high hopes for her here.:) To be honest, getting to the quarters would be nice, but with this field, I think she has a great shot at least the semi's. :D

AstuteLearner8
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:53 AM
It's 7:51 here and it's still not released! What is up Carson Tourney?! :mad:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:56 AM
Hmmm, went to twitter and found all sorts of stuff. Ana will be mentioned soon.

Curtos07
Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:25 AM
I can' believe they haven't posted the draw yet.

Curtos07
Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:47 AM
Draw is out. Ana gets Dinara Safina in her quarters and Caro Wozniacki as a possible semi finals opponent. Ana has no luck whatsoever. :sobbing:

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/SEWTATour-Archive/PDFsLive/2009/805/MDS2.pdf

Davodus
Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Bammer in round 2 :o and Bartoli in round 3...I hope she can make the QF :tape:

AstuteLearner8
Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Wow, bad luck draw again. :o Well, if she can pull it off with wins from possibly Bammer, Kirilenko or WC, and Safina, her confidence is going to go up the roof!!! :D But let's hope for the best!

Besides, with her ranking, she's always going to get tough opponents, and bad luck draws, so she has to learn how to overcome this challenge with wins. :bounce:

and... OMG Sharapova and Azarenka might meet each other second round! Catfight bounding to happen!!!!

Midge.
Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:23 AM
It could've been worse, she could've of drew Masha in the 2nd round.
It's a tough quarter, but good challenges. QF would be amaze. :drool:

But that Beeper/Petrova quarter. :o Even Vaidisova could win it. :help:

Dexter
Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
That's a bitch of a draw, but I'm just happy she will be again on the court competing. Not that I'll see a match of hers...

Nikkiri
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
Bammer won't be easy but I hope she can do it.

I hope for a repeat of L.A 2007 with a match against Kiri :bounce: :awww:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
I don't like Bammer but the rest of the draw is certainly ok. I'm happier with Safina than Azarenka.

It's Ana time again!!

soul
Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:08 AM
I dont think it is a tough draw;Ana needs some competitive mtches to rebuild her form and confidence back again.It will be goof for ANA.

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
I dont think it is a tough draw;Ana needs some competitive mtches to rebuild her form and confidence back again.It will be goof for ANA.LA defending champion and WTA #1 Dinara Safina not leave some WTA event before Semifinal since march and at "NO-SLAM" events she is most dangerous women on planet (including W-Sisters!) 2nd season in the row... Of course that Dinara is by far worst QF scenario for Ana, and also her R3 opponent Bartoli is unexpected winner of Stanford Serena/Jankovic top-half of draw (obviously in season best shape). Ana needs only Sharapova in 2nd round to call this draw hardest possible.

jelenacg
Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
LA defending champion and WTA #1 Dinara Safina not leave some WTA event before Semifinal since march and at "NO-SLAM" events she is most dangerous women on planet (including W-Sisters!) 2nd season in the row... Of course that Dinara is by far worst QF scenario for Ana, and also her R3 opponent Bartoli is unexpected winner of Stanford Serena/Jankovic top-half of draw (obviously in season best shape). Ana needs only Sharapova in 2nd round to call this draw hardest possible.

I don`t like Bammer in R2 :tape:
Did Ana ever play an easy match with her? :rolleyes:
If she wins against Bammer she will have no problem with Bartoli,especially that Bartoli played this week and she will be tired
Safina in QF is better than Azarenka imo but QF is far away and we should be only thinking about Bammer

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh well.. Ana always gets tough draws nowadays, so.. :sobbing: I prefer hers than Cibulkova's though. :lol:

Pity that both players who are currently fighting with Ana for the top 10 spot (Petrova and Radwanska) have quite easy draws. The last quarter is a joke.

I don't think Safina is the worst QF opponent for Ana. Azarenka on hard courts is extremely dangerous and also a bad match up. Safina is obviously a tough opponent, but she is a good match up for Ana. Ana needs to be playing well though.. if she is not, she is toast before that. Bartoli should be tired, and is also a good match up for Ana IMHO.

As Jelena said, we should now only focus on the first match. Ana gets probably Bammer. They did have one easy match last year, a 6-4 6-2 win in Linz, but Ana was playing quite well there. So it can be a tough match to start. We can only hope Ana had a good week of practice with Cahill and is ready for the battle from the first point on.

Marilyn Monheaux
Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
I think she'll beat Bammer:shrug: She's a tough match-up, but I think Ana can do it:)

But 3rd round Bartoli? FML!!!:sobbing: I hope she can avenge JJ's lost, but my confidence is:help:
On the bright side, all Ana needs to do is play well, right?:unsure::D

Let's wait and see how her 1st match on hard courts turns out, before we stress ourselves out;)

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM
Oh well.. Ana always gets tough draws nowadays, so.. :sobbing: I prefer hers than Cibulkova's though. :lol:

Pity that both players who are currently fighting with Ana for the top 10 spot (Petrova and Radwanska) have quite easy draws. The last quarter is a joke.

I don't think Safina is the worst QF opponent for Ana. Azarenka on hard courts is extremely dangerous and also a bad match up. Safina is obviously a tough opponent, but she is a good match up for Ana. Ana needs to be playing well though.. if she is not, she is toast before that. Bartoli should be tired, and is also a good match up for Ana IMHO.

As Jelena said, we should now only focus on the first match. Ana gets probably Bammer. They did have one easy match last year, a 6-4 6-2 win in Linz, but Ana was playing quite well there. So it can be a tough match to start. We can only hope Ana had a good week of practice with Cahill and is ready for the battle from the first point on.Ana played only once against Azarenka, so no sense to talking about "Bad Match-Up" here. Also before 2009 Ana has very "good match-up" vs Zvonareva, Petrova, Radwanska, Szaway... but lose all that matches this season... Ana beat Dinara at her career best tournament before 2007 breakthrough (Montreal 2006 title) and career best tournament ever (RG 2008 GS Champion) - so never like current "player in slump".

BTW Azarenka proven herself like elite "Slow-Surface" WTA player (Clay and medium fast Hardcourts), but at fast surfaces (Grass and fast Hardcourts) her career results is very mediocre so far (reach SF just once) unlike Dinara which also plays better at slower surfaces, but still last time when she NOT reach SF at some fast outdoor surface event is Wimbledon 2008 - and if we talking about fast hardcourts only... Safina US Open 2008 Semifinal is her only 2008-09 tournament where she NOT reach final (she is winner/finalist of Montreal and Tokyo tier-I, Olympics, LA... etc...)!

In Bartoli "tradition" is to withdraw from tournament after big success (like Stanford final), but because US Open series Bonus she will compete for sure and try to have best possible result there. Marion is one of most consistent players on tour. Jankovic lead H2H 3-1 vs her but Bartoli now won 4 matches in the row. Like in Safina case, Ana won against Bartoli 2 of 3 overall wins at tournaments where Ana won titles, so only way to beat her is to play well (nothing with "good match-up" factor).

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Ana played only once against Azarenka, so no sense to talking about "Bad Match-Up" here. Also before 2009 Ana has very "good match-up" vs Zvonareva, Petrova, Radwanska, Szaway... but lose all that matches this season... Ana beat Dinara at her career best tournament before 2007 breakthrough (Montreal 2006 title) and career best tournament ever (RG 2008 GS Champion) - so never like current "player in slump".

BTW Azarenka proven herself like elite "Slow-Surface" WTA player (Clay and medium fast Hardcourts), but at fast surfaces (Grass and fast Hardcourts) her career results is very mediocre so far (reach SF just once) unlike Dinara which also plays better at slower surfaces, but still last time when she NOT reach SF at some fast outdoor surface event is Wimbledon 2008 - and if we talking about fast hardcourts only... Safina US Open 2008 Semifinal is her only 2008-09 tournament where she NOT reach final (she is winner/finalist of Montreal and Tokyo tier-I, Olympics, LA... etc...)!

In Bartoli "tradition" is to withdraw from tournament after big success (like Stanford final), but because US Open series Bonus she will compete for sure and try to have best possible result there. Marion is one of most consistent players on tour. Jankovic lead H2H 3-1 vs her but Bartoli now won 4 matches in the row. Like in Safina case, Ana won against Bartoli 2 of 3 overall wins at tournaments where Ana won titles, so only way to beat her is to play well (nothing with "good match-up" factor).

I see the definition about match up diferently I guess. It's not about h2h or someone's recent success. It's about each player's strengths and weeknesses.. it's about how they hit their shots and how they like to receive them. Even if Ana had never played someone, I could say that I thought that player was a good or bad match up for her. It depends on the kind of game they play. Ana has had some good success against Zvonareva, but IMHO she is a bad match up for Ana. The thing is that Ana is a far superior player, IMHO, and when playing well will always beat her. But that has nothing to do with match up. And by the way.. all the players you mention beat Ana because of Ana's choke jobs.. Missing 3 set points against Zvonareva.. Wasting double break leads in the third against Petrova and Radwanska... Going bonkers in the third set against Szavay, who IMHO is also a bad match up for Ana either way... If Ana is going to choke matches away, doesn't matter who she plays..

Azarenka hits hard and flat, with very consistent groundstrokes. She is like a mini Dementieva to me. Safina, on the other hand, hits with a lot of top spin, and has shots that are more likely to break down. Her most amazing quality, to me, is her great fighting spirit. She can grind out matches and make opponents choke better than anyone right now on tour. Even better than Serena if we only think about tour events and not Grand Slams. Ana likes shots that come to her with top spin and hates flat shots. Dinara's game matches up better with Ana's than Azarenka's. That is not to say that she wouldn't beat Azarenka and would beat Safina. We don't know.. First of all we have to see how Ana is playing.. if she is sucking, she won't even get to the QF. If she is playing well, she has a big shot at the title. Most matches are in her racquet anyway.

Safina's consistency is amazing, but how many of the matches she won went 3 sets? I remember her saving MPs against Alla Kudryatseva in LA last year in a 7-6 0-6 7-6 win. Safina can give out a lot of points in UEs. Her serve can break down.. If Ana gets to play her, she will have one clear advantage though. Being Adidas, she will have her personal coach Krajan to on court coach her, but Ana can't have any help whatsoever.

Bartoli is a very bad match up for Jankovic. She can create a lot of angles and defend well, so JJ needs to be extremely aggressive to beat her. Which was what she was doing for a set and a half to good results in Stanford. But that's not JJ's natural game, and it's hard for her to keep it up for long. Ana's game is the opposite, she has enough power to take all initiative from Bartoli and hit past her consistently in a match. Ana is an aggressive hard hitting player, while JJ is a brilliant counter-puncher who can attack with her BHDTL. Very different game styles.. Bartoli is a good match up for Ana while she is not for JJ. Again, that's not to say that Ana will always beat Bartoli or that JJ will always lose to her. Even more so in Ana's case, who can go off and completely give the match away. If Ana is not playing well, she will probably lose against any good player, because she is likely to turn into an unforced error machine. But if she is playing well, I do think she would beat Bartoli, especially considering how Marion is likely to be tired after many tough and long matches in Stanford.

Ana's draw is really tough, no doubt about it. I wish she had Petrova's draw. Ana has been unlucky with draws all year.. what can we or she do about it? Unfortunately nothing. We can only hope she is playing well and ready for a battle in each match, because she will have to be playing well to beat any player. I think I'm already seeing this year as a lost year.. it sucks bad, since it's like a waste opportunity at many titles given the state of the tour.. but just so many changes and emotional instability in Ana's camp that I don't know.. I can't expect her to suddenly do well.. I hope she can have a couple of top 10 wins and manages to win a title at some point.. I do have big hopes for 2010.

DownTheLine21
Aug 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
The draw is not ideal, but I'm just excited to see Ana on court again. Bammer doesn't worry me so much, but it gets very difficult from that point.

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
The draw is not ideal, but I'm just excited to see Ana on court again. Bammer doesn't worry me so much, but it gets very difficult from that point.

Unfortunately, I think we won't get to actually see her on court unless she reaches the QF. The coverage for LA is terrible.. I think there won't be a livestream for the early rounds.

jelenacg
Aug 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
No live streams :sobbing::fiery::mad:
I won`t be awake in 4 am to stare at live scores that is for sure,so no Ana for me until QF (if she reaches it)
Izzy we share the same opinion about match ups :)
Ana is better aggressive player than Vera is defender and she used to have a better head :rolleyes: so that`s why she had so much success with her.Same goes with her wins over JJ
Ana hates players that hit hard and flat just look at her 1R Wimbledon match or Kleybanova :tape:

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
No live streams :sobbing::fiery::mad:
I won`t be awake in 4 am to stare at live scores that is for sure,so no Ana for me until QF (if she reaches it)
Izzy we share the same opinion about match ups :)
Ana is better aggressive player than Vera is defender and she used to have a better head :rolleyes: so that`s why she had so much success with her.Same goes with her wins over JJ
Ana hates players that hit hard and flat just look at her 1R Wimbledon match or Kleybanova :tape:

Yes... Ana needs to get her head back, so she can mentally win matches even when not playing well. Just come up with the shots when she needs to. She used to be good at that.. :sobbing:

Davodus
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
she did it in the wimbledon first round....just :tape: maybe that was a good sign? ;)

InsideOut.
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:47 PM
OK draw. I just don't like Bammer in R2. :help:

Protoss
Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
Safina's consistency is amazing, but how many of the matches she won went 3 sets? I remember her saving MPs against Alla Kudryatseva in LA last year in a 7-6 0-6 7-6 win. Safina can give out a lot of points in UEs. Her serve can break down.. If Ana gets to play her, she will have one clear advantage though. Being Adidas, she will have her personal coach Krajan to on court coach her, but Ana can't have any help whatsoever.

Bartoli is a very bad match up for Jankovic. She can create a lot of angles and defend well, so JJ needs to be extremely aggressive to beat her. Which was what she was doing for a set and a half to good results in Stanford. But that's not JJ's natural game, and it's hard for her to keep it up for long. Ana's game is the opposite, she has enough power to take all initiative from Bartoli and hit past her consistently in a match. Ana is an aggressive hard hitting player, while JJ is a brilliant counter-puncher who can attack with her BHDTL. Very different game styles.. Bartoli is a good match up for Ana while she is not for JJ. Again, that's not to say that Ana will always beat Bartoli or that JJ will always lose to her. Even more so in Ana's case, who can go off and completely give the match away. If Ana is not playing well, she will probably lose against any good player, because she is likely to turn into an unforced error machine. But if she is playing well, I do think she would beat Bartoli, especially considering how Marion is likely to be tired after many tough and long matches in Stanford.
It's not like Ana makes much use of on court coaching anyway though. :shrug:

From Berlin 2008 on, 26% (24/91) of Safina's wins have been in 3 sets. Surprisingly that's not really atypical as it's 25% (18/73) for Serena, 28% (18/65) for Venus, 24% (13/94) for Elena, and 27% (16/59) for Ana with all these stats from the start of 2008 til just before Stanford.

Can you explain the Zvonareva/Bartoli matchup? Thanks. :)

soul
Aug 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
LA defending champion and WTA #1 Dinara Safina not leave some WTA event before Semifinal since march and at "NO-SLAM" events she is most dangerous women on planet (including W-Sisters!) 2nd season in the row... Of course that Dinara is by far worst QF scenario for Ana, and also her R3 opponent Bartoli is unexpected winner of Stanford Serena/Jankovic top-half of draw (obviously in season best shape). Ana needs only Sharapova in 2nd round to call this draw hardest possible.

I dont think so; if Azerenka were at Ana' side, I would say that it would be a tough draw.Ana played with Safina and has good results,Bartoli can make the final in Stanford but not consistent yet,against Wosniaki she plays good.So the raise of Ana's play in Wimbledon will keep on higher.

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Well if you add up the H2H's vs this 'tough' draw of Bammer,Bartoli,Safina, Wozniacki/A-Rad it is 14-4 in favor of Ana:smoke:(one w/o in each the win and loss column)
of course Bammer right off the bat is dangerous.;) Then again, Ana played like total crap against her in Berlin last year, and still won.

hellas719
Aug 2nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Go Ana!

Curtos07
Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ana is going to beat a top 10 player eventually. She is long overdue. Hopefully this is the tournament it happens. :) Can Ana seriously go this long with out having any kind of luck on her side? :help: Besides, Dinara doesn't have a easy route to the quarters herself. Come on Ana, you can do this! :hearts:

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry but I have to laugh about some statistics that are given here.
Ana's draw is ok, it could have been worse.
Bartoli is in form, but she was all taped against Jankovic and she won't be so fresh when LA starts.
And can someone remember the last good match of Safina?

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
I'm watching Stanford final, and while Venus is surprisingly awful, Bartoli is playing great. I'm getting scared.. :unsure::sobbing:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Bartoli is weird like that. Remember the Wimbledon SF in 07? Henin destroyed her in the beginning, then there was no answer to her. And against JJ in Melbourne

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:53 PM
It's not like Ana makes much use of on court coaching anyway though. :shrug:

From Berlin 2008 on, 26% (24/91) of Safina's wins have been in 3 sets. Surprisingly that's not really atypical as it's 25% (18/73) for Serena, 28% (18/65) for Venus, 24% (13/94) for Elena, and 27% (16/59) for Ana with all these stats from the start of 2008 til just before Stanford.

Can you explain the Zvonareva/Bartoli matchup? Thanks. :)

Oh.. you have some nice and interesting stats there. ;)

Well.. Zvonareva is an extremely solid player, who can attack of both wings. She is quite resourceful as well, and hits a ball that Bartoli doesn't like. It seems that everytime they play, Bartoli just can't create the angles or hit the flat ball with control that is what makes her game effective. It's something about the weight of shot that Zvonareva produces that Bartoli just doesn't like.

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Bartoli is weird like that. Remember the Wimbledon SF in 07? Henin destroyed her in the beginning, then there was no answer to her. And against JJ in Melbourne

And she wins.. She played a great match.

Still.. Ana never gets a WS playing such an errofest game. :sobbing: 59 UEs..

gaviotabr
Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:01 PM
Bartoli will be just a bit over 100 points away from Ana come tomorrow's ranking. And like 600 points ahead in the race. She can very well finish the year inside the top 10.

Ana, step it up please!

The Daviator
Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
I like the draw, Marion will struggle to put two good weeks together, although it could be a tough match, love that she drew Safina, chance to get a first proper win over a #1 :)

Cp6uja
Aug 2nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
Can you explain the Zvonareva/Bartoli matchup? Thanks. :)Zvonareva is TOP15 player since 2003 and Bartoli is still out of TOP50 in 2003 and 2004 so no surprise that this match-up started with Vera early 3-0 advantage when Vera is simple way better player (before 2005). Also Bartoli was unlucky to draw Very so often in Zvonareva careers by far best period (last third of 2008 and first third of 2009) when Bartoli played some mediocre tennis - that explain last 4 easy wins. Vera is better player than Bartoli, but 8-1 with so many easy wins is product of circumstances.

BTW If we talking about game styles Elena Dementieva is not "worse match-up" for Ana than Dinara Safina! But simple Ana playing against Elena several times "in wrong time, at wrong place" and same thing between Dinara and Ana where Safina faced Ana at her best. Dementieva before 2007 is simple better player than Ana (2-0 lead), and according to awful Ana previous matches on that event (vs Akgul, Bammer and Szaway) Ana use Berlin/08 just for preparation for upcoming Roland Garros. So theirs only one real "open" match is Dubai 2008 where Elena (eventual champion) shows better shape and won in close 3-setter.

It's wrong method to count 3-set percentage wins out of overall played matches. More correct is watch W/L record in 3-setters only. For example Ana h2h 3-setters record in last 400 days (since Wimbledon 2008) against WTA TOP32 players (GS seeds level players) is terrible 3-9 (25%) and her 3-setters record against same TOP32 group of players if we look 400 days BEFORE Wimbledon 2008 is fantastic 17-2 (89.5%).

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:00 AM
BTW If we talking about game styles Elena Dementieva is not "worse match-up" for Ana than Dinara Safina! But simple Ana playing against Elena several times "in wrong time, at wrong place" and same thing between Dinara and Ana where Safina faced Ana at her best. Dementieva before 2007 is simple better player than Ana (2-0 lead), and according to awful Ana previous matches on that event (vs Akgul, Bammer and Szaway) Ana use Berlin/08 just for preparation for upcoming Roland Garros. So theirs only one real "open" match is Dubai 2008 where Elena (eventual champion) shows better shape and won in close 3-setter.

C'mon Cp6uja.. Dementieva with her extremely reliable flat groudstrokes and the fact that she hits her backhand CC 90% of the time, thus engaging Ana in BH to BH CC rallies is by FAR a worse match up than Safina with her heavy top spin game. How is Dementieva's game style not a worse match up for Ana than Safina's game style? Can you explain?

It's wrong method to count 3-set percentage wins out of overall played matches. More correct is watch W/L record in 3-setters only. For example Ana h2h 3-setters record in last 400 days (since Wimbledon 2008) against WTA TOP32 players (GS seeds level players) is terrible 3-9 (25%) and her 3-setters record against same TOP32 group of players if we look 400 days BEFORE Wimbledon 2008 is fantastic 17-2 (89.5%).

Oh.. I still think much of this slump is due to Ana's sudden inability to win 3 setters. :sobbing:

Protoss
Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Nope, I was answering a specific question:

"Safina's consistency is amazing, but how many of the matches she won went 3 sets?

Therefore I gave the % of wins that came in 3 sets. What's the record in 3 set matches is a different question. :shrug:

jonnyroyale_13
Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:16 AM
If people want to explain H2H's of Bartoli vs players named Vera, then how about Dushevina
http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/page/HeadToHead/0,,12781~1007~9944,00.html

Cp6uja
Aug 3rd, 2009, 12:50 AM
C'mon Cp6uja.. Dementieva with her extremely reliable flat groudstrokes and the fact that she hits her backhand CC 90% of the time, thus engaging Ana in BH to BH CC rallies is by FAR a worse match up than Safina with her heavy top spin game. How is Dementieva's game style not a worse match up for Ana than Safina's game style? Can you explain?I very respect Dementieva forehand, but in general she is an elite WTA defender... style which in general very suits to Ana game. BTW Ana have same 0-4 start against other very good defender Patty Schnyder, but later Ana prove that every "defender" suits good to her, including Patty and tied h2h to 4-4 (two of this wins is from Ana careers breakthrough titles - Berlin 2007 and RG 2008).

In last 12 months Dementieva played career best tennis (that's why she is TOP3 now and OG champion) and if she face Ana now before Ana comeback on TOP5 level she will wins again very probably - but thats dont have anything with game-style.

Protoss
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
Bartoli will be just a bit over 100 points away from Ana come tomorrow's ranking. And like 600 points ahead in the race. She can very well finish the year inside the top 10.

Ana, step it up please!
The difference in the YEC race is that Ana has played a lot less than Bartoli. Ana has played 10 tournaments so far this year to 16 now for Bartoli for Bartoli. Bartoli has a 1 point result, a 16 point result, and a 60 point result in those 16 tournaments. All her other results from optional tournaments are 110 points or more which means that Bartoli will have to eventually win a few rounds (after those 3 sub 100 point results are replaced) at a tournament to replace an existing result and gain points. Eventually 2 results will be dropped from her "best 16" to make way for the US Open and the mandatory Beijing tournament. Ana is in the position right now where every match she wins increases her point total in the YEC race.

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Bartoli won :eek::lol: Oh Venus just like in Wimbledon this year :tape::lol:
Ana has some problem with Dementieva,maybe it`s Dementieva`s style of play maybe not but Elena always ends up winning
In Dubai Ana was a break up in third set i think and she still managed to lose that set(and that almost never happened to her back then and probably wouldn`t happened to her if she played against someone else imo )
Wrong place wrong time i don`t think so.The same thing JJ`s fans were saying about JJ`s H2H with Ana and they hoped it would change in RG last year .Most of there matches were close but somehow Ana always end up winning it
When is Ana playing her first match,on tuesday?

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
I very respect Dementieva forehand, but in general she is an elite WTA defender... style which in general very suits to Ana game. BTW Ana have same 0-4 start against other very good defender Patty Schnyder, but later Ana prove that every "defender" suits good to her, including Patty and tied h2h to 4-4 (two of this wins is from Ana careers breakthrough titles - Berlin 2007 and RG 2008).

In last 12 months Dementieva played career best tennis (that's why she is TOP3 now and OG champion) and if she face Ana now before Ana comeback on TOP5 level she will wins again very probably - but thats dont have anything with game-style.

Are you really getting Dementieva and Schnyder in the same pack style wise? Really? Do you really think all "defensive" players play the same style of tennis?

Dementieva hits hard and flat. That's the problem.. Ana hates the flat shots.

Ana's problem with Schnyder back in Ana's early days were her heavy lefty shots and resourcefulness.. once Ana figured her out, it was easy, because Ana loves top spin shots coming at her.

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:29 AM
By the way.. this just came in from Sabine Lisicki's twitter:

sabinelisickiDraw has changed. Iīm seeded now and will play a qualifier in the first round.
3 minutes ago from web

I wonder who withdrew.. and if it will affect Ana's draw.

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
Maybe Bartoli :lol:
Against who was she supposed to play

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:52 AM

Bartoli had Niculescu in the first round and Lisicki had Hantuchova. But I'm not sure if Lisicki takes the place of the last seeded player or of the player who withdrew.. would have to look up the rules.

Protoss
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
If Bartoli withdrew, I think Stosur would take her place in the draw.

Lisicki was the next player to be seeded, so she would take the place of the #13 seed unless the withdrawl was by the #14, #15, or #16 seed in which case she would take that seed's spot in the draw.

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
So that doesn`t affect Ana at all right?
I still can`t believe that JJ is not playing LA :lol: But Caro is there

gaviotabr
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:12 AM

It might affect her. Depends on who withdrew. If it's Bartoli, as Protoss said, Stosur would take her spot in the draw and Lisicki would get Stosur's. So Ana's potential 3rd round opponent would be Stosur. I just looked up in the Rules book. But we don't know who withdrew...

Protoss
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:16 AM
Well if Bartoli withdrew that would affect Ana as Stosur would then be her potential quarterfinal opponent.

I just read in the main draw thread in the LA tournament forum that Bartoli that the LA press is reporting that Bartoli has withdrawn.

jelenacg
Aug 3rd, 2009, 02:21 AM
It might affect her. Depends on who withdrew. If it's Bartoli, as Protoss said, Stosur would take her spot in the draw and Lisicki would get Stosur's. So Ana's potential 3rd round opponent would be Stosur. I just looked up in the Rules book. But we don't know who withdrew...

I get it now :) Maybe Bartoli withdrew maybe not i guess we will find out tomorrow