PDA

View Full Version : Place Your Bets "Will my daughter make WTA? Video Vote

DKitchiner
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Whats up guys I think my kid will make what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DBOepnPe8

LeonHart
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Shrug, looks like she's got a good game but I'd have to watch her in an actual match. Anyone in the top 200 today can hit good balls in practice, the other half is the mental part.

Sally Struthers
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:35 AM
every shot looks so high and loopy :shrug:

I say no

young_gunner913
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:41 AM
its easy to serve and volley when the return is basically a set up. she does have some game but i'd like to see a more competitive video. :shrug:

matty
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Whats up guys I think my kid will make what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DBOepnPe8

Why don't you send her to Bolietteri's for a week or 2 and see what they think?

Good Luck to her and if she does make it, don't you forget about us here at tennisforum!

Amalgamate
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Looking at he results...no. Get her into a Florida academy fast, it's your best shot.

kiwifan
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Focus on her tennis college scholarship; if you can get her into a great University (not a great tennis program, I mean academics like Stanford or Princeton) that will ultimately be 10x better for her than "making it" on the WTA tour.

Best of Luck!!! :angel:

Fantasy Hero
Jun 30th, 2009, 09:22 AM
it will be better to a see some shots of a real match...but i think there's something good in her, pobably her will to go to the net or the one handed backhand (with a decent slice)...if you think she is talented take her to a serious accademy for some weeks and then watch what does it come! good luck to her

Fantasy Hero
Jun 30th, 2009, 09:38 AM
later i've read what's written on your doughter's presentation on you-tube...i think it's really hard to work without a coach, even if you both are really talented (she has it and you are for sure a good trainer), but there are things that you cannot fix without a professional coach, i know it's expensive, but you can try to contact a good accademy, show her and talk with them about her future...
anw it's really important for her development to work on her agility and footwork, that means a lot of work out of the tennis courts! let me know how is it going with her next tournaments and the national champs!

gouci
Jun 30th, 2009, 04:34 PM
The answer to your question is not trivial but is reflected in her ranking. Take it step by step.

1. Get ranked #1 in your state.
2. Get ranked #1 in the USA.
3. ONLY until you're #1 in the USA should you even think about turning pro.

If you ask the question about the #1 ranked girl in the USA (Ex. Julia Boserup) if she will make it in the pros the answer is unknown. Talking only about girls that have been ranked #1 nationally only about 1 in every 3 or 4 of that distinction break into the WTA top 100. Not to mention these girls mostly turn pro at age 16, struggle in the pros for 5 or 6 years than break through the top 100 at around age 22. The travel cost for playing a full pro schedule is about $50,000 a year. So you need financial sponsors cuz before you break into the WTA top 100 you'll probably be minus $300,000 in debt. I'm being realistic.

Right now the most accurate rankings, the tennisrecruiting.net (http://tennisrecruiting.net/) rankings, has her ranked #71 in Florida for her age group and #408 nationally. Rankings don't usually lie. Look up her ranking yourself. Right now your daughter is classified as a 2 star player. If she can get ranked as a 4 star player she has a good chance of earning a Division 1 NCAA scholarship somewhere.

gouci
Jun 30th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Looking at the video:

- Her forehand looks pretty good.

- Didn't see much of her backhand but it looks OK.

- She needs to work on her volleys. It seems that she's dropping her racket head and bending her back for those low volleys. What you want to do instead is keep the racket head up but really bend your knees. To get lower balls dropping the racket head and bending your back is bad form, keeping the racket up and your back straight while really bending your knees is the correct form.

- Don't get angry but she seems to be using a poor technique on her serve. Her motion has a hitch, it's not fluid. At the start of the serving position just let your hands and racket drop. The racket will almost swing into place by itself to where the elbow is bent and racket is up. Imagine your hand doing a jumping jack motion. Just let the hands drop and let it swing into the bent elbow position. Now imagine your hands are down and someone has a gun and tells you to stickem up. Imagine how you suddenly bring your arms up to the bent elbow position. That is how her form looks like. You want to use a "jumping jack" motion over a "stickem up" motion to get your arm into that bent elbow, racket up serving position. The service motion is hard to describe into words but I tried my best. :lol: