Jun 25th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Marion on 18 again. :o

Expat
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:36 PM
sori vs vika makes sense
but lena v kulikova :help:

In The Zone
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I would have put Azarenka/Cirstea on Centre, too, but I would have put Serena/Vinci on 1 and Dementieva/Kulikova on 2.

Serena being up first makes me think they might be playing doubles R2 tomorrow, too. Serena's doubles might have affected her court placement. On Centre, they like to sandwich the women in between. Serena being 2nd would have caused a problem.

delicatecutter
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Azarenka's going to get another double bagel. :yawn:

In The Zone
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
The problem continues to be lack of respect for the women's players. I have no problem with Vika getting on Center and Lena D on Court 1 but a two-time champion on the men's side would never be on Court 2. But it doesn't matter, that's how it works at Wimbledon so there's no use in complaining.

After thinking about it, I think it is because of her doubles. I think they are trying to give her some more breathing time since the outer courts start an hour earlier. All other things being equal, though, I agree.

This is, of course, if doubles is scheduled. We'll find out in a bit if and when they are playing their R2.

ptkten
The problem continues to be lack of respect for the women's players. I have no problem with Vika getting on Center and Lena D on Court 1 but a two-time champion on the men's side would never be on Court 2. But it doesn't matter, that's how it works at Wimbledon so there's no use in complaining.

2moretogo
Court 2 :drool:, no I mean :o.

But whatever, the William Sisters fill the seats, while nobody will be watching Sori v. Vika. :help:

Besides, I am just happy they have been 1st on everyday. I don't really care where they are.

Vaidisova Ruled
Oh
Sori vs Vika will be awesome
I think it's good that they are on CC, because people don't know them, so it's a chance to show them who they are.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Lena hasnt been on maincourts as yet,
cant wait :) :D

Wimbledon organisers :bowdown:

The Dawntreader
Good to see Wimbledon is spreading the matches around. It's only in the interest of fairness that other players get an oppurtunity to play on a THE showcourt. Azarenka vs Cirstea could be a great match anyway :shrug:

Come on people you can't expect Serena to be on a showcourt all the time. She was on centre monday, court 1 wednesday. They have to spread it around as i say.

Marilyn Monheaux
For once I agree with the scheduling on CC:shrug: The women's match between Fed and Djoker is just a filler like today's classic:lol:
They should have put Serena on C1 though!

Hantuchova vs Sugiyama:lol: The battle of BFFs!

Sharpie4me
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Serena on court 2 :spit:
Lena and Bepa get bigger court :banana:
Vika on center :worship:

Craig.
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Okay schedule though :shrug:

Dawson.
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:42 PM
As much as I dislike her, I would have given Bartoli a chance of CC or C1 before Vika or Elena :spit: Azarenka is going to wipe the floor with Cirstea whereas the Serena/Vinci match could actually be quite entertaining - and not I'm saying the outcome is questionable, but still...

Leo_DFP
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Serena/Vinci is a more interesting grass court match up, though. Vinci is a former finalsit at Eastbourne and knows her way around a net. She provides an interesting contrast in styles.

Should have been:
Azarenka/Cirstea and Serena/Vinci on CC and C1 (either way is fine by me)
and Dementieva/Kulikova on C2

danieln1
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Serena on court 2... the disrespect toward the williams continues... whatīs next, Serena and Venus on court 19???? Someone said about Serenaīs doubles, so why didnīt she played on court 1??? Better her, 2 Wimb champ, than zero slams dementieva on court 1. This scheduling is getting worse by each day!

I hate this scheduling, hate it... Azarenka on court central, just ridiculous, they hate the williams sisters! :haha: :haha:

starin
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Every match they progress the WS get pushed one more court down. Maybe if they make it to the final they'll play on Court 18!! it's a showcourt after all.

Seriously though Serena v. Vinci is going to be the most competitive and highest quality of those 3 matches by far. Azarenka is going to crush cirstea, and Dementieva and Kulikova can't play on grass while Serena and Vinci both know what they're doing on the surface.

There is no way to justify putting Serena on court 2. She's ranked higher, she's won 2 Wimbledons, defending finalist and on top of it all her match is likely to be the best quality and the most competitive.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Monday is gonna be so much fun :tape:

starin
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Serena on court 2... the disrespect toward the williams continues... whatīs next, Serena and Venus on court 19???? Someone said about Serenaīs doubles, so why didnīt she played on court 1??? Better her, 2 Wimb champ, than zero slams dementieva on court 1. This scheduling is getting worse by each day!

I hate this scheduling, hate it... Azarenka on court central, just ridiculous, they hate the williams sisters! :haha: :haha:

seriously they clearly dislike the WS. There is no sane reason to put Dementieva on Court 1 and Serena court 2.

Pen Expers
Well Azarenka is the 2009 Wimbledon champion so might as well put her there right away.

In The Zone

Court 2 starts an hour earlier than Court 1. :shrug:

I am just trying to find SOME reason Wimbledon used because I don't want to think other reasons were involved. :unsure:

Dodoboy.
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Serena v Vinci should be center :shrug:

Vika v Cirstea should be Court 1!

But whatever Wimbledon schedulers are bastards :D And BBCi means we can watch anything so who cares :lol:

Lulu.
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Schedule is pure BS. :rolleyes:

Libertango
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Lets face it, this Wimby is all about Murray and Feds - everyone else can fuck off (according to the organziers)

:inlove:
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Serena / Vinci will be a much more competitive and high quality match than Azarenka / Cirstea, I am pretty positive.

Dave.
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Serena will crush Vinci what the hell is everyone on about here? :o :o :o Might get close here and there but the outcome is almost 100% certain. Sorana has a much better chance at the upset.

Good schedule! Vika - Sorana is clearly the feature match of the day.

Inktrailer
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Ffs who gives a shit? All of these players are playing on a good court and on TV. Jesus Christ, let other players play on the bigger courts and shut up moaning like babies:o

adner
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Oh, actually Vika vs Sorana is a good-looking match! I think Serena should be on Court 1 though(unless thats cuz of her doubles, that is).

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:55 PM
as long as i've got a TV and choice
it dont matter where they play, I'll still watch the ones i wanna watch.

3 screens on the PC and one on TV :drool:

goldenlox
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
The Olympic Gold Medal champuon should be on CC
They got the next Olympics, and the defending champion is on court 1. Time for Center Court

Njay16
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Lena D is the more accomplished player and a former Semi-finalist so Azarenka deserves court 2, Serena on CC, and Lena D on Court 1. Marion :o

tennis ace
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Fuck off.

:lol: Those exact words came out of my mouth when i saw this.

rockstar
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM
daniela will need to take a helicopter to court 18 again :sobbing:
she could barely find her way to court2 in the first round. or was it court 3 in the second round, ahh whatever. :p

Ffs who gives a shit? All of these players are playing on a good court and on TV. Jesus Christ, let other players play on the bigger courts and shut up moaning like babies:o

i have to agree. it's not like court2's net has holes in it, nor is the grass on centre court greener...

John.
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:05 PM
When will they finally implement 4 matches instead of 3 on show-courts.

That's the main problem. The other Slams do it, so i don't see why Wimbledon won't. Start play an hour earlier FFS - It doesn't take a genius to work it out

youizahoe
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM

darrinbaker00
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Schedule is pure BS. :rolleyes:
How so? Venus and Serena are behind in doubles, so they'll probably be back out there tomorrow. They only way that can realistically happen is if they schedule Serena's singles match as early as possible, so instead of putting her on Centre Court or Court 1 at 1:00, they decided to put her on Court 2 at noon. They're helping Serena out, not punishing or disrespecting her.

50Sense
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Do people really still care about this?

Inktrailer
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know why those two courts don't start until 12? Is it something to do with getting people in or what?

darrinbaker00
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Are you kidding? It wasn't that long ago that play started at 2:00 on ALL courts. For Wimbledon, starting one hour earlier constitutes major progress.

saul1333
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Hopefully Vika plays well enough to get more of these.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know why those two courts don't start until 12? Is it something to do with getting people in or what?

it used to be 2pm until about 6-7 yrs ago
was so glad they moved it to 1pm cos then there's more room on the outside courts.
probably due to the fact Wimbledon can "sell" more things at the grounds if those people who dont give a shit about outside courts and just there

"I've been to Wimbledon"
"oh how quaint" :rolleyes:

Nikkiri
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Oh more whining?

AJZ.
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Dani/Ai will be the closest match out of all of them. :o
Should've been on a showcourt.

VIKA?
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Sori and Vika on center court:bounce:

Dodoboy.
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Oh i see why this decision was made, fair enough :shrug::lol:

dawid
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Didn't Court no2. use to be cemetery of champions?

Noctis
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Serena on Court 2 :weirdo:

darrinbaker00
Jun 25th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Didn't Court no2. use to be cemetery of champions?
The old Court 2 (the Graveyard of Champions) is Court 3 this year, and it will be laid to rest after this year. The new Court 2 has the HawkEye cameras, so I consider it a "show" court. By the way, tomorrow's schedule has been finalized, and Serena is first and last (with Venus) on Court 2.

Escape
Jun 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Oh more whining?

Wait until monday :tape: