PDA

View Full Version : On to Budapest. What Will the Future Bring?

iGOAT
Jun 25th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Well after that Wimbledon disaster (I hope she was tanking, not slumping) Ágnes has a very good chance to do well at her home event in Budapest. Hopefully she won't feel the pressure as she did last year, but she'll play well like she did for her first big run back in 2007. Whatever happens I think this tournament will tell us a ton about her form, whether she is still slumping or if she isn't. I'm excited :bounce: and hopefully she'll play doubles too :D.

hellas719
Jun 25th, 2009, 02:01 AM
GL Agi!
This year has a lot of big names in Budapest:scared:
Cornet, the Bondarenkos, Kleybanova, Bammer, Peer, Makarova, Sprem, Olaru, Pironkova, Niculescu, ... :scared:
And a dangerous Daniilidou can be tough;)
Hajra!

iGOAT
Jun 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I think other than possibly the Bondarenkos she should beat all of them, but she'll either win or it will be like last year and she'll crash out early.

iGOAT
Jun 25th, 2009, 05:07 PM
:scared: Schnyder is playing now. Apparently Ági will be the fourth seed :rocker:.

Hakapeszi
Jun 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
On to Budapest. What Will the Future Bring?

maybe this will happen

http://img9.tar.hu/cclaus2/size2/20939586.jpg
http://img9.tar.hu/cclaus2/size2/20968520.jpg

hellas719
Jun 26th, 2009, 04:57 PM
:lol:

Hakapeszi
Jun 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
:lol:

I am not joking unfortunatelly. There's flood danger now.

The pictures were taken in 2006, and the first picture is Temesvari street, a street next to the tennis club.

http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54551&stc=1&d=1246049066

hellas719
Jun 26th, 2009, 06:39 PM
:eek:

iGOAT
Jun 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
OMG!!! I hope they can play!

hellas719
Jun 26th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Does Palma Kiraly also have a street dedicated to her?:p

Hakapeszi
Jun 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Does Palma Kiraly also have a street dedicated to her?:p

:)

Kiraly means 'king', kiralyok means 'kings', so "Királyok útja" is Kings' road, and "Mátyás Király út" is King Matthias road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Corvinus).

hellas719
Jun 26th, 2009, 11:34 PM
So basically Palma is related to Vania:p

iGOAT
Jun 27th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Haha. Does Szávay have a street? Kind of ironic that I put "what will the future bring" in the title then this happens.

hellas719
Jun 27th, 2009, 02:57 AM
The future will bring Szavay Boulevard in the center of Budapest after she wins a Grand Slam:hearts:

Hakapeszi
Jun 27th, 2009, 07:38 AM
The future will bring Szavay Boulevard in the center of Budapest after she wins a Grand Slam:hearts:

Names of living persons are not allowed as a street name.

Hakapeszi
Jun 27th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Danube bank side of the Club (yesterday photo)

http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/download/file.php?id=4791

hellas719
Jun 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM

Well when Agitakes the WTA by storm they will change the rule:p

Sally Todd
Jun 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM
An alernate title for this thread:

Cheerio London!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hope Agnes does better :tape: in Budapest this year! :D

hellas719
Jun 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM

Temesvari has one though:shrug:
She's still alive, playing in ladies invitational doubles tomorrow at Wimbledon:confused:

Hakapeszi
Jun 30th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Temesvari has one though:shrug:
She's still alive, playing in ladies invitational doubles tomorrow at Wimbledon:confused:

No, no :)

It can be named a died person, who has the same surname.
But I think, the origin is this steet name is Temesvar city (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timişoara).

hellas719
Jun 30th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Oh, okay:lol:

iGOAT
Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:38 PM
Ági will be playing doubles in Budapest with her sister Blanka :D:banana:.

Hakapeszi
Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Ági will be playing doubles in Budapest with her sister Blanka :D:banana:.

Some today's videos (http://www.tennishungary.hu/090702szavaysisters.html)

hellas719
Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
What an awesome doubles team:cool:

hellas719
Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:42 PM
Agi looks so happy in the vids:)

hellas719
Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:52 PM
Post the vids in the pic&vid thread;)

SzAFC
Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
An interview with Ági before the Budapest Grand Prix. (from szavayagi.hu)
Translate by bveronika (from SzAFC) - thanks a lot ;) :)

- A year passed, you play in Budapest again. It's a great opportunity for you, but you always feel you want to measure up to the expectaions. You can put great pressure on yourself. Which of these two do you feel now, the opportunity or the pressure?
- Actually both. I am a little afraid of this tournament, but I also look forward to it. I try to do a lot of things differently than I did last year, and I think it will go a lot better this year.

- Do you feel that yourself or are there other signs that tell you that?
- I try to think about a lot of things this year. I try to think about what I did wrong last year and try to be better. Of course this doesn't guarantee that this year everything's gonna be fine. But I think I have to give it a chance.

- Are you the kind of person that wants to learn from the losses and keeps thinking about them for days or weeks? Do you remember certain matches even after a year and think what you shoud have done differently, or do you get over a loss quickly?
- It always depends on the match, the place and the circumstances. It took me a long time to get over that match. Even today it is on my heart that I lost here last year. I played very badly (Szavay - Klepac 2:6 3:6, edit), but here's a chance to overwrite it and achieve a good result this year.

- Did you take the Flipkens match to heart?
- Wimbledon is one of the most important tournaments of the year, but I feel I am over it by now. Now I am working hard during the training sessions (on clay) to achieve a good result next week.

- Do you have an idea what went wrong in Wimbledon? Where did you make a mistake, if you made any?
- Maybe it was a mental issue, because the preparation for Wimbledon was good. It was a little unlucky that we played in the evening. I don't want to make excuses, but the sun was very low, and it was so bright that from one side of the court you barely saw the other if you faced the sun. My opponent played wearing sunglasses, but I did not have the opportunity to do the same. So this was a little difficult.

- I think you had the opportunity, but you don't usually play wearing sunglasses.
- No, and that's why I didn't have sunglasses with me. My eyes are very sensitve, maybe because they're light. They always start running because of the sunshine. I tried to play wearing glasses two years ago, but they really bothered me, so I don't wear them anymore.

- We didn't have a chance to talk after that match. Did she surprise you? You knew her, you knew what to expect. You said that she is a tough opponent because she mixes up the game. Was there anything that was different from what you expected?
- Yes, her serve really surprised me. She served very well throughout the whole match and it was very hard to make a rally. I think it was very important, because when we had a rally, it was mostly me who won the point.

- Apart from taking sunglasses with you when it's very bright, what did you learn from that match?
- Clearly there are things to learn, for example how you can prepare for a match, or how to put the outer things aside so they don't disturbe you mentally. But all in all I think I am over that.

- We must talk about the question of your coach, because it's been a widely discussed topic for a while. What is your attitude at the moment? Would you like to find a permanent coach, someone to solve these kinds of problems, or do you think that you will train with different coaches or partners? What are your thoughts?
- I sure would like to find a coach, because I still have a lot to learn about this sport and everything that is connected to it. This week I was training with an austrian coach and he will be here next week during the tournament. This is just a test at the moment, but we will see.

- You were very enthusiastic when you started training with Attila Savolt. You said you loved to train with him and it seemed that it would last. There were news that he doesn't want to travel with you but he will help when you're in Hungary. Why didn't that work out?
- Actually I really liked training with him, but then we had some disagreements. And he couldn't have traveled with me, so I decided to look for someone else who could come with me from tournament to tournament.

- So this is like a relationship. Sometimes one or two weeks aren't enough to learn everything about each other and to see if you have the same views. In tennis, the relationship between the player and the coach has to be based on trust.
- Yes, this is very important. The coach spends a lot of time with the player and he has to know a lot of things about you to be able to help. This is not just about hitting forehands or backhands or serving. In women's tennis it's more about the mental issues. If you are ok mentally, it's a lot easier to achieve good results, even when your forehand is not working that day.

- How are you mentally at the moment?
- I feel I am pretty ok now.

- Now back to next week's tournament, GDF Suez Grand Prix. The field is strong, you will have many rivals in singles.
- Yes, a lot of good players will be there, I think everyone in the main draw is TOP 100. So even first round won't be easy, even though I will be seeded. I think I'll have to play well if I want to win, and I will do my best to do so.

- Anything you want to say to your fans? If you are struggling during a match, should they encourage you, or does it only increase the pressure?
- I like when they are rooting for me, so sure.

- What about doubles, when you play with your sister?
- They can support us, I think my sister likes it too.

- It will be a historical day for you two.
- Yes, and I'm really looking forward to it. This always has been a great dream for us. It's an honor for us that we got a wildcard so we can play together. Blanka is only fifteen. I really look forward to it! I'm sure it will be a great experience for us anyway, because we always stand by each other.

Hakapeszi
Jul 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM

Official Szávay Ági Fan Club:
http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/

Welcome to the Board :)

Can we hope useful informations here from you in the future?

SzAFC
Jul 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the Board :)

Can we hope useful informations here from you in the future?

Yes, of course :)

iGOAT
Jul 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Yes, of course :)
Welcome to this place, hopefully you will come more often :).

The main draw is out to day, I'm excited!

SzAFC
Jul 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Welcome to this place, hopefully you will come more often :).

The main draw is out to day, I'm excited!

Ági will meet Kati Marosi in R1 :(

Hakapeszi
Jul 4th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ági will meet Kati Marosi in R1 :(

:sad::banghead:

iGOAT
Jul 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
That's a pretty good draw :D Come on Ági :bounce::banana:!!!

iGOAT
Jul 4th, 2009, 02:58 PM
:sad::banghead:
At least one is guaranteed to win :hug:.

#kArLoS#
Jul 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM
ok,good draw.Let´s hope she can take advantage of this.Go go Agnes!:rocker2:

#kArLoS#
Jul 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Agi and Blanka is a nice team.I like it!:bounce:

#kArLoS#
Jul 4th, 2009, 06:19 PM
welcome here,SzAFC.Nice to see another Agi fan here:cool::wavey:

SzAFC
Jul 4th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for everybody :)

Ági was training with Sahar Peer and the new coach (Wetter) at the RTA. Peer and Ági played a set, Ági won 7-5.

http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/download/file.php?id=4907
http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/download/file.php?id=4906

Hakapeszi
Jul 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Official photos (http://www.gazdefrancegrandprix.com/index.php?Itemid=14&lang=english)

SzAFC photos (http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=409&start=225)

hellas719
Jul 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
:sad:
Go Agi!:bounce:

#kArLoS#
Jul 6th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Anybody knows how will be the weather for tomorrow?

#kArLoS#
Jul 7th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Agnes won 61 61:woohoo:.She played very very solid during mostly the match:banana:
GL in next round:kiss:

iGOAT
Jul 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
:woohoo::banana: good win Ági :kiss:!!!

I think she and Blanka will play doubles tomorrow :).

Her next opponent will be Tathiana Garbin or Sharon Fichmann, who play later today :D.

hellas719
Jul 7th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Agi:yeah:
Garbin won the first set 6-1 so it looks like Agi will play Garbin unless she chokes

iGOAT
Jul 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Official photos (http://www.gazdefrancegrandprix.com/index.php?Itemid=14&lang=english)

SzAFC photos (http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=409&start=225)

Thanks for everybody :)

Ági was training with Sahar Peer and the new coach (Wetter) at the RTA. Peer and Ági played a set, Ági won 7-5.

http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/download/file.php?id=4907
http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/download/file.php?id=4906

Thanks! Keep posting them please!

iGOAT
Jul 7th, 2009, 04:13 PM
She'll play Garbin. A very winnable match, so hopefully she can better her last year result :cool:.

hellas719
Jul 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hajra Agi!

hellas719
Jul 7th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Wednesday OOP:
CENTRE COURT start 12:00 noon
[1] [WC] P Schnyder (SUI) vs A Petkovic (GER)

Not Before 2:45 PM
S Peer (ISR) vs [2] A Cornet (FRA)
[3] S Bammer (AUT) vs E Gallovits (ROU)
[WC] B Szavay (HUN) / A Szavay (HUN) vs M Koryttseva (UKR) / I Olaru (ROU) 15 - To Finish

Hajra Agi! Hajra Blanka!

iGOAT
Jul 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
1-5 :o:tape: okay well go sisters :banana:.

mralas
Jul 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM

but the hungary is a land of possibility :cool:

hellas719
Jul 8th, 2009, 05:58 PM
1-6 3-6 in doubles :sad:

#kArLoS#
Jul 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM
:o:(:hug:
Better luck in singles tomorrow.Hajra!!:bounce:

iGOAT
Jul 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Too bad about the doubles :(:sad: I wonder if they will play together again before this tournament next year....

iGOAT
Jul 9th, 2009, 01:18 PM
The same as last year :sobbing:!

iGOAT
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:28 PM
OMG she beat Garbin 7-6 (2), 5-7, 7-5. She was down 0-4 and 3-5 in the first set then came back and won. She then trailed 1-3 in the second before going ahead 5-3 before choking and losing 7-5. In the third Garbin led by a break at 1-0, 2-1, 4-3, and 5-4, but Ági held on each time and won :inlove: quite the match!

She played really well at times, but was also nervous. Her nerves made it that close, but the fact that she was in her home country and the match meant so much to her also brought her through in the end :D.

Next she will play Bacsinszky, which is a very winnable match so hopefully she won't be too tired. Timea already beat Blanka this tournament so hopefully Ági will be determined to get the win and roll through without wasting too much energy after today.

Tomorrow will be really tough, but whatever happens at least we know she has bettered last year's showing :D.

#kArLoS#
Jul 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM
OMG she beat Garbin 7-6 (2), 5-7, 7-5. She was down 0-4 and 3-5 in the first set then came back and won. She then trailed 1-3 in the second before going ahead 5-3 before choking and losing 7-5. In the third Garbin led by a break at 1-0, 2-1, 4-3, and 5-4, but Ági held on each time and won :inlove: quite the match!

She played really well at times, but was also nervous. Her nerves made it that close, but the fact that she was in her home country and the match meant so much to her also brought her through in the end :D.

Next she will play Bacsinszky, which is a very winnable match so hopefully she won't be too tired. Timea already beat Blanka this tournament so hopefully Ági will be determined to get the win and roll through without wasting too much energy after today.

Tomorrow will be really tough, but whatever happens at least we know she has bettered last year's showing :D.

:yeah:

iGOAT
Jul 9th, 2009, 05:14 PM
This happened in their doubles match:

Koryttseva hit a crosscourt backhand and Agnes tried to volley it but let it pass (although she slightly touched it but nobody noticed except of Olaru who stopped the point a few seconds later) Then Olaru complained to the umpire because he hadn't stopped the point and he said "I didn't hear her touching the ball". After that he asked Agnes whether she had touched it or not and if she wanted to give Koryttseva/Olaru the point. Then Agnes said "All I can say is that I touched the ball" and the chair umpire insisted on asking her if she wanted to give them the point or not. Blanka was laughing like "WTF?" Finally Agnes decided to give Mariya and Ioana the point (when she didn't have to as it's the umpire's decision) :smash:

It's quite ridiculous that an umpire can't decide or even doesn't know what to do in that case. How could he even ask Agnes if she WANTED to give her opponents the point or not? :help: I mean is it possible to ASK the player if she accepts she'd touched the ball or not? If the umpire hadn't heard/seen Szavay hitting the ball, then the point should've been replayed, right?

Although some people say Ági is a bad sport for not stopping right away, it was very nice of her to do that, most players wouldn't. Think Fernando Gonzalez at the Olympics, MJMS at the French Open, Hénin and "the hand", Venus Williams in that Wimbledon final against Davenport with that obvious bad call, Capriati against Serena Williams with that bad call, Sprem stealing the point against Venus Williams at Wimby, oh well I'm sure you get it :D Ági :hearts:.

iGOAT
Jul 9th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Here (http://www.gazdefrancegrandprix.com/file/OP(10).pdf) is tomorrow's OOP :D hope to see everyone in the livescoring thread :hearts:

hellas719
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Way to go Agi:yeah:

hellas719
Jul 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM
This happened in their doubles match:

Koryttseva hit a crosscourt backhand and Agnes tried to volley it but let it pass (although she slightly touched it but nobody noticed except of Olaru who stopped the point a few seconds later) Then Olaru complained to the umpire because he hadn't stopped the point and he said "I didn't hear her touching the ball". After that he asked Agnes whether she had touched it or not and if she wanted to give Koryttseva/Olaru the point. Then Agnes said "All I can say is that I touched the ball" and the chair umpire insisted on asking her if she wanted to give them the point or not. Blanka was laughing like "WTF?" Finally Agnes decided to give Mariya and Ioana the point (when she didn't have to as it's the umpire's decision) :smash:

It's quite ridiculous that an umpire can't decide or even doesn't know what to do in that case. How could he even ask Agnes if she WANTED to give her opponents the point or not? :help: I mean is it possible to ASK the player if she accepts she'd touched the ball or not? If the umpire hadn't heard/seen Szavay hitting the ball, then the point should've been replayed, right?

Although some people say Ági is a bad sport for not stopping right away, it was very nice of her to do that, most players wouldn't. Think Fernando Gonzalez at the Olympics, MJMS at the French Open, Hénin and "the hand", Venus Williams in that Wimbledon final against Davenport with that obvious bad call, Capriati against Serena Williams with that bad call, Sprem stealing the point against Venus Williams at Wimby, oh well I'm sure you get it :D Ági :hearts:.

Yeah, I agree that Agi WAS a good sport. I was one of the intelligent people in that thread:angel:

iGOAT
Jul 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Szavay struggles to beat Garbin

I didn’t play well at the beginning of the match and thus, my opponent took a 4-0 lead. Fortunately, I managed to reverse the first set. Then, in the second set, I was leading 5-3 and had the chance to win the set but I played a very bad game. After that, she was lucky with shots touching the border lines and that was it for the second set. In the final set, I think we both struggled a lot.

How much did the spectators help? Or was it rather depressing to play on a Hungarian court?

They were of great help. They supported me in the difficult situations also and that meant a lot for me. These people deserve a lot of thanks and I hope there will even be more people on Friday.

There were a lot of unforced errors in your play. How can you avoid these at the next match?

Garbin is a player who makes really few mistakes and returns everything. It is very difficult to play against her and making mistakes. It was me who had to make more initiatives. True, I made a lot of unforced errors but I managed to come out well from the important situations.

Your next opponent is Timea Bacsinszky – a Hungarian representing Switzerland.

It will be very difficult to play against her, since she is basically Hungarian, her parents are Hungarian, true, she was raised in Switzerland. In addition, we are very good friends. Now, what I try to do is regenerate and get enough strength after this very long match. I’ll try to do my best tomorrow.

This interview bugs me, first of all she won't admit she really screwed up the match today and needs to do something different, then second "I'll try to do my best tomorrow" sounds kind of lame for some reason IMO :shrug: it just doesn't sound very optimistic...

hellas719
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I agree with you;)
That's something she should say when she's playing a Williams sister or Safina or whoever, not for Bacsinszky:shrug:

hellas719
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Or that sounds like she's saying she didn't try her best today:rolleyes:

hellas719
Jul 9th, 2009, 10:06 PM
But maybe it translates better in Hungarian:shrug:

LOL I'm a post whore:p
I'm too lazy to edit:p

hellas719
Jul 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM
ORDER OF PLAY - FRIDAY, JULY 10, 2009
CENTRE COURT start 12:00 noon
[6] A Bondarenko (UKR) vs S Peer (ISR)

Not Before 2:45 PM
[Q] T Bacsinszky (SUI) vs [4] A Szavay (HUN)
[1] [WC] P Schnyder (SUI) vs [5] A Kleybanova (RUS)

Go Agi!!:bounce:
OT-I'm so pissed they put Edina on C5:rolleyes:
They could start at 11 on CC and then have all quarters:shrug:
And Edina is of Hungarian desecnt!:o

Hakapeszi
Jul 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM
http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/download/file.php?id=5217
http://www.gazdefrancegrandprix.com/images/stories/DSC04785.jpg
http://www.gazdefrancegrandprix.com/images/stories/DSC04786.jpg

Hakapeszi
Jul 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM

SzAFC photos link corrected (http://www.szavayagi-fanclub.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=412)

améliemomo
Jul 10th, 2009, 09:54 AM
go agnes!

Hakapeszi
Jul 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
then second "I'll try to do my best tomorrow" sounds kind of lame for some reason IMO :shrug: it just doesn't sound very optimistic...

The translation is not the best, I think. The original Hungarian "A lehető legjobbat szeretném nyújtani." sounds better.

iGOAT
Jul 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
The translation is not the best, I think. The original Hungarian "A lehető legjobbat szeretném nyújtani." sounds better.
Okay. Well winning is what matters anyways :p thanks for correcting the photo link :yeah:.

iGOAT
Jul 10th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Pretty perfect win today IMO. She didn't play her best, but she played pretty well (her defense was incredible) and she won quickly. She didn't look very tired, and it's good she saved her energy for tomorrow. Alona is definitely going to be a step up, but hopefully she can win :D they have played twice, both in 2007 and each won once. Hajra Ági!!!

améliemomo
Jul 10th, 2009, 04:11 PM
allez agi, go to the finale!

hellas719
Jul 10th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Agi:woohoo:
Good luck tomorrow!

iGOAT
Jul 11th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Hungary’s Ágnes Szávay in the semifinal after beating Swiss-Hungarian Tímea Bacsinszky

The day before, I had a fairly long match and I got pretty tired. However, I managed to regenerate for this encounter, I felt good during the match. Tímea is a very nice girl, she said I played well. We are good friends. Next time we meet will be at a tournament in the United States.

Your opponent in the semifinal is the Ukrainian Alona Bondarenko.

She is a very good player, a tough opponent. I think she is in good form, she played good matches at this tournament, defeating good players. Still, I have to think of myself and my game in the semifinal. If I play well, I definitely have a chance to beat her.

You were more aggressive and more precise during this quarterfinal match than in the previous matches, you had lots of good runs for the ball.

I also think that I played much better and in a more balanced way than in the previous matches and I made much fewer unforced errors, as well. Perhaps, I played a bit hastily early in the second set, I very much wanted to win points quickly. That is something I should pay more attention to, not make such mistakes.

Again "If I play well, I definitely have a chance to beat her" is very :scratch: although I would not be surprised if it's the translation.

iGOAT
Jul 11th, 2009, 01:44 PM
What an amazing display :hearts: practically perfect from the beginning to the end, focused and hitting really well and playing every point intense. That was pretty awesome :inlove: it must mean so much to her to be in the final! I'm really worried she may put too much pressure on herself, but hopefully she can just enjoy it. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but hopefully she can get the win. Let's hope she plays Gallovits, but Schnyder would also be beatable considering she already had to play a marathon this morning and then now another match.

#kArLoS#
Jul 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah today she was nearly perfect,how happy she must be!:hearts:.And GL for tomorrow,we all hope for another title and waited for it since long time ago and if she finally can take it in her home...it would be MAGIC:bounce::kiss:

mon72
Jul 11th, 2009, 06:24 PM
it was a fantastic win. i went to see her live, there were about 2000 people who all came to see her and cheer for her. and shhe got a standing ovation in the end :) and she plays better and better (i went to see the Garbin and the Bacsinszky matches as well) so hopefully she will peak tomorrow. By the way wouldn't it be fantastic to officially end her slump with a new title in front of her home crowd? so: go Ági!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hellas719
Jul 11th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Agi:eek::banana:
Good luck in the final!:hearts::bounce:

iGOAT
Jul 11th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hmmmit is not going to be easy to beat Schnyder, she's playing well so far here. Come on Ági and PLEASE don't be too nervous!!!

iGOAT
Jul 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
it was a fantastic win. i went to see her live, there were about 2000 people who all came to see her and cheer for her. and shhe got a standing ovation in the end :) and she plays better and better (i went to see the Garbin and the Bacsinszky matches as well) so hopefully she will peak tomorrow. By the way wouldn't it be fantastic to officially end her slump with a new title in front of her home crowd? so: go Ági!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That sounds awesome! Think what it would be like tomorrow :hearts:!

iGOAT
Jul 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Ágnes Szávay: the semifinal was my shortest but most difficult match

Hungary’s top tennis player took part at a short press conference after winning her semifinal against Ukraine’s Alona Bondarenko

Perhaps, I have felt psychologically that this has been my most difficult match of the tournament. I really wanted to win this match and I had a bad feeling from two years ago when I lost in the semifinal here against [the Argentine] Dulko. Now, I really wanted to show that yes, I can qualify for the final and even win the tournament. Perhaps, I put too much burden on myself. Well, I am glad I could produce some good tennis.

How could this match be so easy for you? Was it you who played well, or was it Bondarenko who played worse than she usually does?

I believe I played the way she doesn’t like. That is why she made a lot of errors and could not play tennis the way she likes, a game of low shots. She made a lot of mistakes because I did not hit the ball where she would have liked.

In the final, probably even more people will turn out to support you. Would that mean more burden for you?

Well, I will try to prepare for the final as I did for today’s semifinal. I hope I will not be as excited as today and will enjoy the game more. I hope I can play well.

I hope she can play well too!!!

mon72
Jul 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM
That sounds awesome! Think what it would be like tomorrow :hearts:!

i know, i can't wait :):) if she wins the crowd will go crazy :)

hellas719
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:02 AM
I'll try to be in the livescore thread tomorrow, but I can't promise anything:p

iGOAT
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Well hopefully you will be :wavey: oh please don't make it close Ági I have to leave two hours after it starts :scared:.

iGOAT
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Oh my god she won her home title :sobbing: I can't believe it!! Ági you are amazing! She did it! She served it out easily too, I thought she would choke.

I think she'll have a really good summer, she'll be so happy.

She won!!!!!!!

iGOAT
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well after that Wimbledon disaster (I hope she was tanking, not slumping) Ágnes has a very good chance to do well at her home event in Budapest. Hopefully she won't feel the pressure as she did last year, but she'll play well like she did for her first big run back in 2007. Whatever happens I think this tournament will tell us a ton about her form, whether she is still slumping or if she isn't. I'm excited :bounce: and hopefully she'll play doubles too :D.
The future brought amazing things! :bigwave: slump :D.

améliemomo
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Congrats agnes!!:hearts::kiss:

its been a long time since her last title.Happy she came back from her horrible slump. In front of her home crowd,she must be so happy now

hellas719
Jul 12th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Agi:woohoo:
When I woke up,I was gonna turn on my PC but I wasn't feeling good so I went back to sleep:(
Thanks so much for the title!

diane10
Jul 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I'm so happy for her:bounce::banana::dance:

#kArLoS#
Jul 12th, 2009, 08:56 PM
OMG I was out during the whole day,so I missed the final:(.Altough it can sounds weird or like a joke I was worried about this match,yes:sobbing:.When I went to my home and saw the result...wow AWESOME!!!Very proud of her,winning in her home:bowdown::woohoo:.And yes,she deserved a title:p.BIG CONGRATS:bounce::kiss:

iGOAT
Jul 12th, 2009, 10:52 PM
OMG I was out during the whole day,so I missed the final:(.Altough it can sounds weird or like a joke I was worried about this match,yes:sobbing:.When I went to my home and saw the result...wow AWESOME!!!Very proud of her,winning in her home:bowdown::woohoo:.And yes,she deserved a title:p.BIG CONGRATS:bounce::kiss:
OMG I was REALLY worried in the second set. Schnyder was up 6-2, 1-0 and Ági was a disaster and then Schnyder had like three break points at 5-4 and if she had taken one I bet she would've won.

#kArLoS#
Jul 12th, 2009, 11:10 PM
OMG I was REALLY worried in the second set. Schnyder was up 6-2, 1-0 and Ági was a disaster and then Schnyder had like three break points at 5-4 and if she had taken one I bet she would've won.

According to the scoreboard Schnyder had only 2BPs in the second set:p

iGOAT
Jul 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM
According to the scoreboard Schnyder had only 2BPs in the second set:p
Fine then! But it was really tense, Ági double-faulted at least once and was really nervous, but she somehow saved them then on the last deuce she hit like the most amazing backand DTL that seemed sure to go out and then hit another awesome one on set point :drool: it was pretty awesome!

iGOAT
Jul 12th, 2009, 11:16 PM
I bet Sexysova will :tape:.

#kArLoS#
Jul 12th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Fine then! But it was really tense, Ági double-faulted at least once and was really nervous, but she somehow saved them then on the last deuce she hit like the most amazing backand DTL that seemed sure to go out and then hit another awesome one on set point :drool: it was pretty awesome!

OMG she hit 9DFs but managed to win(vs Garbin she hit 13 and she won too):rocker2:.I missed the match and how I wish to see it:sobbing:.Hope someone upload it:tears:

#kArLoS#
Jul 12th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I bet Sexysova will :tape:.

I hope so,I would like to see especially that game(u know,*54 in the second)and these BH down the line and more:bounce:

iGOAT
Jul 13th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Here is her interview after the final:

Szávay: "I was excited, calmed down, and won..."

Following the victorious final, Ágnes Szávay answered a few questions from the press.

Now, I will have one or two free days but then will come a tough, two-and-a-half-week preparation for the American tournaments.

What happened in the first set? Were you excited?

Very much so. I was so excited that I even trembled. Then, my coach came in to give me some advice and he managed to calm me down. The fever was over and I could even smile. This calmness largely contributed to the fact that I won the match.

Did this also give your confidence back for the rest of the match?

At the beginning of the second set, I began to play much better, although, I would not say I was full of confidence. Perhaps, I calmed down completely for the third set. That is when I played really better.

How did you see the match from inside?

At the beginning, I was excited and convulsive and could not really pay attention to the game. I tried to concentrate on how I could relax.

It was a full house in the stadium, there were people sitting even on the stairs…

When we walked out to the court, I was surprised to see how many people turned out. The stadium was full on each side. I was very happy about it but it also meant a pressure for me. I’m very glad I could turn the match around and win it.

Now I see why she isn't playing for a few weeks... I still don't really like her schedule, but I hope she will celebrate this win. I really am wondering if she tanked Wimbledon to prepare for Budapest though :unsure: Good luck on the hard courts!!!

Iceland
Jul 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Once again Agnes proved she can be a tremendous clay courter! Im very happy that she won in front of her home crowd, now she has both singles and doubles title in Budapest. Hope this is only the first step of a great Summer for Agi and her new team. :)

iGOAT
Jul 14th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Once again Agnes proved she can be a tremendous clay courter! Im very happy that she won in front of her home crowd, now she has both singles and doubles title in Budapest. Hope this is only the first step of a great Summer for Agi and her new team. :)
I forgot she had already won doubles! She shouldn't have been so nervous then :o but that's awesome!

Now she has to win doubles with her sister :cool:.

Hakapeszi
Jul 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
"On to Budapest. What Will the Future Bring?"

We know now. :)

http://www.tennisforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54641&stc=1&d=1247683918

Hakapeszi
Jul 15th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Szavay-Schnyder (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/12/tenisz_090712.wmv)

Szavay-A.Bondarenko (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/11/tenisz_090711.wmv)

Szavay-Bacsinszky (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/10/tenisz_090710.wmv)

Szavay-Garbin (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/09/tenisz_090709.wmv)

Szavay-Marosi (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/07/tenisz_090707.wmv)

Bonus

A.Bondarenko-Sprem (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/06/tenisz_090706.wmv)

iGOAT
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Oh wow thank you Hapapeszi!

diane10
Jul 17th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Szavay-Schnyder (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/12/tenisz_090712.wmv)

Szavay-A.Bondarenko (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/11/tenisz_090711.wmv)

Szavay-Bacsinszky (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/10/tenisz_090710.wmv)

Szavay-Garbin (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/09/tenisz_090709.wmv)

Szavay-Marosi (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/07/tenisz_090707.wmv)

Bonus

A.Bondarenko-Sprem (http://streamer.carnation.hu/mtvod2/telesport/2009/07/06/tenisz_090706.wmv)

Oooh thank you;)

Hakapeszi
Jul 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
No new thread yet. I have to create a new one again.

I don't like it. :( :(

hellas719
Jul 7th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe we can try everything your way, and see how we like it :shrug:
But let's wait until after Bad Gastein because then we can have time to discuss this while Agnes isn't playing :p