PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Tennis Loss

Keegan
Jun 24th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I know there's a thread about your personal tennis results, but not the worst tennis loss you've suffered. What has been your worst tennis loss so far?
Today I lost 5-7, 6-0, 6-7, 5-7. I'm still absolutely furious with myself. I had set point in the first and third set and I also served for the set in the fourth set. I also lead 5-3 in the first set, 5-4 in the third and 5-1 in the fourth.

What about oyu guys?

Orbis
Jun 25th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Man, it always sucks to lose having had set points.

However, my worst loss was a blowout and I lost 6-2 6-1 against someone who I always have really close matches with. It was one of those matches where you start all right and then slowly lose confidence until you can't even hit a proper groundstroke and you become some flailing, slicing, moonballing 4 year old on crack. Yeah, so I guess you never really know how bad you can play until it happens.

Renalicious
Jun 25th, 2009, 03:10 AM
This is a similar thread... http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=355354

But yeah it sucks when you lose with SPs/MPs...

Since then, my worst tennis experience was probably a couple of months ago when I played this higher ranked guy, and it was really a big deal, I was so nervous. Anyway I lost the first set after being up 4-2, (6-4) and then lost the second set after having 2SPs at 5-3 . :sad: :sad: I've never choked so much in my life. :sobbing: One set point was just a sitter for the return to my backhand and it came off the frame and flew backwards over my head, over the fence. :spit: :sad:

Keegan
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
This is a similar thread... http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=355354

But yeah it sucks when you lose with SPs/MPs...

Since then, my worst tennis experience was probably a couple of months ago when I played this higher ranked guy, and it was really a big deal, I was so nervous. Anyway I lost the first set after being up 4-2, (6-4) and then lost the second set after having 2SPs at 5-3 . :sad: :sad: I've never choked so much in my life. :sobbing: One set point was just a sitter for the return to my backhand and it came off the frame and flew backwards over my head, over the fence. :spit: :sad:

Thanks for informing me. :)

I hate it when the ball doesn't hit the right part of the racquet. It makes me think that racquets should actually be the size of the court ;)

Jarl_02
Aug 2nd, 2009, 12:09 AM
This year I lost for the first time 60 60 (and I have lost twice with that scores) At least the first time it was against Venezuelan 9th player under-18 and the second time I lost against a very good player, so I wouldn't say those have been my worst losses.

In another tournament I lost 26 76 61, I served for the match at 6-5 in the second and I couldn't close it out that would be one and another I think of was a match where I lost 76 76 I served 5-4 and 6-5 in the first set and served 6-5 in the second set

Petkorazzi
Aug 2nd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Worst tennis loss should probably be when you played the worst match ever, but since everyone writing about having SPs and stuff, then here it goes. :lol:

I lost 3-6 6-7 (6). :o

It was the first tourney of the season after a 5 month break. I was really looking forward to it and I started literally on fire. I was hitting winner after winner, the opponent would own me before so he was really shocked. At the 3-0 changover, he stayed walking around with his towel for like 3 minutes if not more. :rolleyes: How pathetic. I thought that would destroy my rhythm, but actually I went uo 40-0 in the next game. At that point, he started pushing with top spin balls, almost moonballs. 3-0 40-0, 3-1 40-15 --> 3-6. :weirdo: He kept on pushing but I really pumped myself up on the set changeover in the locker. We held on till 3-2 on serve when I broke his serve finally. Made it 4-2 30-0, got broken with 4 impatinent shots. Then I went up *54, *65 30-0 (I always choke that score) and a 5-3 lead in that tiebreak. :spit: I really feel that if I had won this match, my season would have been really good. Instead, I fell in a huge slump and just got out of it in June. :o It hurts everytime I remember. :tears:

the jamierbelyea
Aug 8th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Actually my worst losses are a combination of losses I had in high school. My sophomore year I was expected to contend for a singles spot (in my state it worked as 3 singles matches, and 2 double matches with no players playing more then once). I had played 2nd and 1st double all freshman year, and there were a lot of holes to be filled.

I was set to play a senior for 3rd singles, and he and I were very similar. We were both solid off the ground, I had more fire power, he was more consistent, I had a better serve, but his was more consistent, and he obviously had a lot more experience. Everyone thought we'd be a very even match-up, and we split practice matches the season before. He crushed me twice, 6-2, 6-1, and then 6-1, 6-0. It was tough to swallow, as I was a far more capable singles player then doubles. I would end up playing 2nd doubles all season because I really couldn't figure out the doubles game.

So putting that disapointment behind me, I was set to challenge for 3rd singles again my junior year against a different senior. My coach really wanted me at 3rd singles, and I knew I had to earn it. I was up 6-1, 5-3 serving for the match, and I ended up losing 6-1, 5-7, 6-7. I had a bunch of match points. My coach gave me a 2nd shot at the match , because I was the better player, I just needed to close out a win. I was up 4-0 in the second match, before losing 6-7, 0-6. Another year of doubles.

Senior year I was up for 1st singles, and I was playing two guys I hadn't lost to in the 2-3 years previous. First guy, I was up 6-1, 5-0, and ended up losing 6-1, 6-7, 6-7. Second guy I was again up 6-2, 4-0, and lost that one 6-2, 5-7, 5-7.

They ended up awarding me 1st singles anyway since I was captain and a senior. Closing out matches has been my biggest problem in all my matches my entire tennis life. :/

The Witch-king
Aug 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM
61 50 omg... Poor child.

the jamierbelyea
Aug 9th, 2009, 02:14 AM
61 50 omg... Poor child.

I don't think you'd ever see a more tentative player in that game. Then from what I can recollect, or at least guess from what I have done in the past years, I woulda spent the next three games pissed and overhitting. Then at 5-4 buckle down to play a real game, but just happen not to win it. It sucks to be a chokerrrr

Keegan
Aug 19th, 2009, 04:56 PM
6-1, 5-0 must've sucked so badly, I think I would've cried haha.

Yesterday I played a match, and I won, but I was 5-1 up and had match points at 5-2. Before I knew it, my opponent was 5-0 up in the tiebreaker in the third set. Fortunately, my serve did not let me down like it usually does and I won the last seven points. So it was really my opponents worst loss, especially considering I'm suffering from a back and tibia injury, mwahaha ;).

mojoo999
Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
5-0, 5-0