PDA

View Full Version : My prediction to end all predictions thread!

The 2nd Law
Jun 22nd, 2009, 07:36 AM
Ana(and the rest of the seeds) is going to save women's tennis, here's how:

Rd1: Straight sets win like she always does in the first round of a slam.

Rd2: See Rd1, Ana is not in the mood for three set choke epics, a straight forward win. Looks forward to her next opponent, Jelena Dokic, after her epic three set win over compatriot Sam Stosur.

Rd3: Ana takes the first set 75, but Jelena is a fighter and gets the second 64. The third looks to go all the way, but at 55 Ana gets a crucial break and is able to hold serve and win the match. The general viewing public applaud the high standards shown by both women - a high quality match, Ana is looking confident.

Rd4: Doomsday, or not? It's Ana v Venus "Queen of Grass" Williams on Center Court, there is a lot of general interest in the match after Ana's great win in Rd3. The match delivers. This time Venus takes the first set 64, and leads 42 in the second - but in form reminiscent of 2007/08, Ana fights back to take the set in a tie break. The atmosphere in center court, after two sets of outstanding tennis from both women, is electric. The final set is no letdown - it goes down to the wire, until, at 10-9, Ana manages to deliver the first break of serve of the set and pull of a remarkable upset. The women get a standing ovation, and Venus is graceful as always in defeat. The media describes the match as worthy of being the final. There is a buzz in South West London. On the other side of the draw, another very tight match was won by Sharapova over Azarenka.

Qtr Finals: After a "trilling" win, the excitement doesn't let up, as the Serbian rivalry finally resurfaces. In her usual manner, JJ has been under the radar with some solid victories, and the serbs have Centre Court with the roof closed, it is pouring outside. Jelena begins solidly, taking the first set 64 in a close encounter in which both women exchanged service breaks. Jelena continues her solid play, but Ana lifts and gets the better of her compatriot 64. By this stage, both girls are quite emotional, there is plenty of "Ajdes" after points and games - Ana letting out a squeal after taking the set. In her third three setter in a row, Ivanovic is this time more dominant, getting up 40, and managing not to choke by winning 62. Ana is ecstatic and Jelena proclaims in a post match interview that she will be back as a major contender - after a break :lol:
In the other quarters, Sharapova has taken advantage of "quarterena syndrome" with a straight sets win, Dinara Safina continued to play to her seeding in a three set win over the promising Wozniacki, and Dementieva confirmed her top 4 ranking with a straight sets win over Zvonareva.

Semis: After some very high standard matches, particularly from Ivanovic and Sharapova, interest in the women's semis is very high - but the major focus is on the mens semis, with Murray v Hewitt and Federer - Djokovic. But the women's semis deliver on promise and quality.
Ana was made to fight, but got her first straight sets (75, 63) win since the second round over Dinara Safina, who was impressive on her worst surface. The crowd was right behind her and she was very "trilled" to reach her first slam final since RG 08. Waiting for her - Maria Sharapova, who beat Dementieva in a classic epic match, the third set went to 14-12. Dementieva was reported to shout in Russian after the match "What the F**K do I need to do to win a slam!" :P

Final: For the first time in recent memory, more hype surrounds the women's final than the men's, especially because Andy Murray was upset by Lleyton Hewitt, and Federer ousted by Novak Djokovic (the outcome of this match will be left to the reader's imagination/preference)
And so here it is, tennis' glamour power girls, back at the top of their games after notable absences (for different reasons of course!). Both Women must be exhausted given the quality of tennis they'd played to get here, but there was room in the tank for one more brilliant show.
& Ana Ivanovic was the eventual winner, the final point was followed by the loudest AJDE the world has ever heard, so loud it broke the official "grunt-o-meter" being used to monitor on court noises.
The next day, newspapers all around the world were heralding the return of high quality women's tennis, and Ivanovic never slumped again. The end.

Hope you liked it :P

spiritedenergy
Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Ana(and the rest of the seeds) is going to save women's tennis, here's how:

Rd1: Straight sets win like she always does in the first round of a slam.

Rd2: See Rd1, Ana is not in the mood for three set choke epics, a straight forward win. Looks forward to her next opponent, Jelena Dokic, after her epic three set win over compatriot Sam Stosur.

Rd3: Ana takes the first set 75, but Jelena is a fighter and gets the second 64. The third looks to go all the way, but at 55 Ana gets a crucial break and is able to hold serve and win the match. The general viewing public applaud the high standards shown by both women - a high quality match, Ana is looking confident.

Rd4: Doomsday, or not? It's Ana v Venus "Queen of Grass" Williams on Center Court, there is a lot of general interest in the match after Ana's great win in Rd3. The match delivers. This time Venus takes the first set 64, and leads 42 in the second - but in form reminiscent of 2007/08, Ana fights back to take the set in a tie break. The atmosphere in center court, after two sets of outstanding tennis from both women, is electric. The final set is no letdown - it goes down to the wire, until, at 10-9, Ana manages to deliver the first break of serve of the set and pull of a remarkable upset. The women get a standing ovation, and Venus is graceful as always in defeat. The media describes the match as worthy of being the final. There is a buzz in South West London. On the other side of the draw, another very tight match was won by Sharapova over Azarenka.

Qtr Finals: After a "trilling" win, the excitement doesn't let up, as the Serbian rivalry finally resurfaces. In her usual manner, JJ has been under the radar with some solid victories, and the serbs have Centre Court with the roof closed, it is pouring outside. Jelena begins solidly, taking the first set 64 in a close encounter in which both women exchanged service breaks. Jelena continues her solid play, but Ana lifts and gets the better of her compatriot 64. By this stage, both girls are quite emotional, there is plenty of "Ajdes" after points and games - Ana letting out a squeal after taking the set. In her third three setter in a row, Ivanovic is this time more dominant, getting up 40, and managing not to choke by winning 62. Ana is ecstatic and Jelena proclaims in a post match interview that she will be back as a major contender - after a break :lol:
In the other quarters, Sharapova has taken advantage of "quarterena syndrome" with a straight sets win, Dinara Safina continued to play to her seeding in a three set win over the promising Wozniacki, and Dementieva confirmed her top 4 ranking with a straight sets win over Zvonareva.

Semis: After some very high standard matches, particularly from Ivanovic and Sharapova, interest in the women's semis is very high - but the major focus is on the mens semis, with Murray v Hewitt and Federer - Djokovic. But the women's semis deliver on promise and quality.
Ana was made to fight, but got her first straight sets (75, 63) win since the second round over Dinara Safina, who was impressive on her worst surface. The crowd was right behind her and she was very "trilled" to reach her first slam final since RG 08. Waiting for her - Maria Sharapova, who beat Dementieva in a classic epic match, the third set went to 14-12. Dementieva was reported to shout in Russian after the match "What the F**K do I need to do to win a slam!" :P

Final: For the first time in recent memory, more hype surrounds the women's final than the men's, especially because Andy Murray was upset by Lleyton Hewitt, and Federer ousted by Novak Djokovic (the outcome of this match will be left to the reader's imagination/preference)
And so here it is, tennis' glamour power girls, back at the top of their games after notable absences (for different reasons of course!). Both Women must be exhausted given the quality of tennis they'd played to get here, but there was room in the tank for one more brilliant show.
& Ana Ivanovic was the eventual winner, the final point was followed by the loudest AJDE the world has ever heard, so loud it broke the official "grunt-o-meter" being used to monitor on court noises.
The next day, newspapers all around the world were heralding the return of high quality women's tennis, and Ivanovic never slumped again. The end.

Hope you liked it :P

Love it, especially the bold parts:lol:

InsideOut.
Jun 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
I like it, except the part when Fed is ousted by Nole. :o

The 2nd Law
Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
I like it, except the part when Fed is ousted by Nole. :o

Haha, I tried to work it so that there would be more interest in the women's final :devil:

I just realised that there's another predictions thread and I appologise to whoever made it and posts in it, I'm not trying to overshadow you or anything, it's just I wrote so bloody much I wanted everyone to read it :p
If this comes true I don't know what I'll do ...

InsideOut.
Jun 22nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
It could be Fed vs. some random scrub, say, Stepanek, not many people would want to watch that. :p

Horizon
Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:12 AM
:lol: I loved it.

But seriously, we wish. :p

Only the first 3 paragraphs will be needed in reality, and they won't say the same things your three did :p

The 2nd Law
Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:47 AM
Have faith!

The 2nd Law
Jun 24th, 2009, 01:10 AM
So already, I am wrong lol, but a win is a win!

AJDE!!!!!!!!

The 2nd Law
Jun 27th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I know you guys aren't very interested, but the prediction is still alive! OMG if Ana beats Venus we need to put this in GM :p

Horizon
Jun 27th, 2009, 04:05 PM
The only prediction left in this thread is that Ana will win, seeing as your 1st and 3rd round predictions couldn't have been more wrong :p

The 2nd Law
Jun 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
The only prediction left in this thread is that Ana will win, seeing as your 1st and 3rd round predictions couldn't have been more wrong :p

Lol, but the backbone of these predictions has been that Ana wins :p
But yes you're right, I'm even wrong about her possible opponents now :p

pica_pica
Jun 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
:lol: I like the story...

The 2nd Law
Jun 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Prediction over :( I am heartbroken about the way it had to end.