PDA

View Full Version : Good/Bad Reps

Srodgers
Jun 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
what are the point of these?
and whats with like the wierd numbers cuz mine says i have like 465355543 rep points what does that mean?

Yasmine
Jun 19th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Everytime someone gives out a good rep, the person who gets it gets 1/10th of the rep points that the rep giver has (they're not taken off though). And I'm not sure about bad reps but there is a similar rule taking off points for any bad reps you receive.

So that number you have is the amount of rep points you have after all the good and bad reps you got.

Vyacheslavovna
Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the explanation on reps.

Are reputation and credits related in any way? If not, how do you gain or lose credits?

Its not a big thing to me as long as I can post what I want to say, but I like to know how things work.

Uranium
Jul 22nd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Credits are useless, you get more for posting.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Credits were used for V-Betting where you could bet for fun on WTA matches :). But that stopped when the WTA made the forum take down the feature:sad:

Golovinjured.
Jul 22nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Bring back v-betting, bitches.

Crazy Canuck
Jul 22nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
It always struck me as odd that a site which asks it's posters not to be negative to one another would install a feature which invites such negativity. Special.

KournikovaFan91
Jul 24th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Also why does the rep bar not gradually improve. I gave a new member one rep and it immediatly shot straight up to the end.

A though they had repuatation beyone repute.

Donny
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:52 PM
It always struck me as odd that a site which asks it's posters not to be negative to one another would install a feature which invites such negativity. Special.

Even odder you would say that because I'm pretty sure that bad reps are a feature of all sites designed using vbulletin.

DiscoStick
Aug 27th, 2009, 12:53 AM
QUESTION: How much rep do I have to spread before giving it to a same person? I've been spreading a little more than usual and I still can't! It even gives me a message I've spread too much in 24hrs so I cannot spread no more! Help!

Sean.
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:02 AM
QUESTION: How much rep do I have to spread before giving it to a same person? I've been spreading a little more than usual and I still can't! It even gives me a message I've spread too much in 24hrs so I cannot spread no more! Help!

I'm not sure but I believe you have to rep 20 other people between reps to one person, and you get 15 (or maybe 12) reps her day.

Golovinjured.
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM

LOL Imagine that she's talking about her legs. :rolls:

Sean.
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:26 AM
LOL Imagine that she's talking about her legs. :rolls:

:haha: OMG! Sam you're so dirty minded! :sobbing:

~CANUCK~
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Also why does the rep bar not gradually improve. I gave a new member one rep and it immediatly shot straight up to the end.

A though they had repuatation beyone repute.

Years ago it did, problem is the more rep you gain, the more you give out when you good rep someone. Sadly at this point pretty much everyone has maxed out, so even new posters max out very quickly.

~CANUCK~
Aug 27th, 2009, 04:24 AM

You only have 10 reps per day, and you have to rep 10 different people before you can rep the same person again.

*JR*
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:14 PM
No Becca, read Kart's revised sticky http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=374231 especially the second paragraph of point #2. Although the parent company's hockey board has a policy on its homepage: "Trash Talk Trash the team or the player but not each other!" its the exact opposite here. :shrug:

That Kart says (reflecting a consensus of the active Admins, I'm sure) in the link cited that insults between posters are part of the norm here. (I know, that specifically refers to PM and Rep Comment insults, but obviously flaming between posters is normal in threads)

And personally I couldn't give a FF if ppl flame me, but unlike http://www.hockeyforum.com providing a "free fire zone" to diss public figures in that game, I can't even use my old line about a player I don't like losing, saying that the winner "took out the trash". Go figya, or ask your crowd in Ducknation. ;)

Steffica Greles
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:40 PM
My reps hit maximum about 4 years ago...aren't I great?

Golovinjured.
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:25 PM
My rep page looks like a set of traffic lights on acid.

Good reps, bad reps and infractions. Trippy. :rolls:

Uranium
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:11 AM
My rep page looks like a set of traffic lights on acid.

Good reps, bad reps and infractions. Trippy. :rolls:

And all well earned I presume;)

Kart
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Please visit our FAQ forum.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=58802

This link covers most of the questions asked in here and some other points that are asked regularly.

It is a little bit out of date - for example, the rep icon has changed since the site upgrade but it is mostly still relevant.

I've looked up the settings in the admin control panel as what I understood and what has been said in here left me confused.

You can give out a maximum of ten reps in 24 hours but need to rep 20 different people before you can rep the same person again.

You must also have a minimum of ...

- 50 posts.

- 500 credits.

- 10 rep points.

... before any reps you give have an effect on anyone else's reputation.