PDA

View Full Version : Following the Falling Comet

InsideOut.
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Here we will post each new low of Ana's plummeting career. :weirdo: If and when she gets back to top 8 we will close this thread.

NEW LOW: CHOKING AGAINST PETROVA
NEW LOW: 11 DFS AGAINST CZINK
NEW LOW: LOSING FIRST ROUND OF A GRANDSLAM
NEW LOW: VAIDISOVA PERFORMANCE IN TOKYO
NEW LOW: LOSING TO UNRANKED PLAYER
NEW LOW: 73 UNFORCED ERRORS

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
:sobbing:

jelenacg
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:17 PM
No need for this thread :lol: :lol:
I know this is bad what she did, but a few months ago she wouldn`t be in a position to choke a match bc she would lose it in third set 6-1 or 6-2
As i said after all this slumping months she is afraid of winning

InsideOut.
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
But that is the problem. I wish she hadn't led 4-1 in the third. She should just have held up till 4-4 and break and serve it out. :sobbing:

gaviotabr
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well..

You know.. Ana can't win a 3 set match to save her life.. so what are the odds of her beating a good player? None.. That's sad, but the truth. She is 0-4 against top tenners.. not even as a 17 year old she was like that. The problem is her mental game. She brainfarts everytime. I guess we can look at the bright side: before she was brainfarting in the third since the beginning.. now she is brainfarting after having a good lead. :lol: Go figure...

bruce goose
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
But that is the problem. I wish she hadn't led 4-1 in the third. She should just have held up till 4-4 and break and serve it out. :sobbing:Barring a Capriati-like turn of events that would end all arguments....God forbid:eek:....How can we be sure that 'the comet' is still airborne...and hasn't already hopelessly crashed to Earth??:sad::sad::sad:

jelenacg
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM
But that is the problem. I wish she hadn't led 4-1 in the third. She should just have held up till 4-4 and break and serve it out. :sobbing:

Yes i know but baby steps remember :)
I`m also dissappointed but this is actually logical after everything she went through
And still i would rather have Ana choking a match than losing it 6-1 in third
She never was a choker so we must have faith :angel:
What else can we do :lol:
And i said i`ll kill her if she doesn`t hold :lol:
I think she is testing me :lol:

lilimi
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
baby steps, baby steps...:rolleyes:
ana's game is a mess.
i haven't seen today's match but losing to choker nads the way she did is just :help:

InsideOut.
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Barring a Capriati-like turn of events that would end all arguments....God forbid:eek:....How can we be sure that 'the comet' is still airborne...and hasn't already hopelessly crashed to Earth??:sad::sad::sad:

Because it's going to burst right through Earth and come out the other side.

InsideOut.
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM
baby steps, baby steps...:rolleyes:
ana's game is a mess.
i haven't seen today's match but losing to choker nads the way she did is just :help:

Exactly. I mean, Aga is a fighter, even though she's kinda pushy, but Nadia is a choker. I don't know if Nadia has ever come back from a double break down in the third before.

Horizon
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Doomed to a Bartoli career :sad:

bruce goose
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Because it's going to burst right through Earth and come out the other side.Okay....I missed so badly on the coaching situation that I won't argue with any predictions now...especially positive outlooks.......You'll forgive me,though,I hope if I'm not ready to bet the ranch on this:o

gaviotabr
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Yes i know but baby steps remember :)
I`m also dissappointed but this is actually logical after everything she went through
And still i would rather have Ana choking a match than losing it 6-1 in third
She never was a choker so we must have faith :angel:
What else can we do :lol:
And i said i`ll kill her if she doesn`t hold :lol:
I think she is testing me :lol:

Ana was never a choker.. she is now! :sobbing: She has become this idiotic choker headcase.. and that's the whole reason for her slump. Ana playing like crap can still win matches, but her head makes sure she loses them. I mean.. Radwasnka is actually stone cold.. but Petrova is not the mentally strong player Ana just made her look like she is. She should run to a sports psychologist.. what else does she need to admit she needs help with her mental game? If she was the normal player of past years, she would have won so many matches she lost.. it's stupid.

gaviotabr
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Doomed to a Bartoli career :sad:

True.. :sobbing:

jelenacg
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Come on this is better than losing 6-1 in third set and completely melting down
Now she can focus for more than one set ,so it`s improvement :lol:
Seriously these are baby steps,in one of the tournament she will breakthrough again just like in Berlin
Ajde Ana,Sven can help her more than Craig with these things i think

kim86
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
So this is the second choker loss of the year...will we have third one at Wimbledon?!?

bruce goose
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Here we will post each new low of Ana's plummeting career.In other words,you're expecting a SERIES,or at least a couple,of new lows to follow:eek::eek::eek:....I'd LOVE to disagree with you...except for the minor hitch that I'm convinced you're right:sad:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Sometimes I wish Ana had someone like Yuri to kick her ass everytime she plays like today!

She needs to get angry on court and not desperate! She needs to fight her heart out even when she leads with 2 breaks in the 3rd set!

I believe that she can do all this, but the more devastating losses she suffers the more will it hurt her confidence and it's not like she's having lots of it right now:sad:

jelenacg
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Sometimes I wish Ana had someone like Yuri to kick her ass everytime she plays like today!

She needs to get angry on court and not desperate! She needs to fight her heart out even when she leads with 2 breaks in the 3rd set!

I believe that she can do all this, but the more devastating losses she suffers the more will it hurt her confidence and it's not like she's having lots of it right now:sad:

Me too. How about her dad :devil: he is always so serious
But she is probably dad`s girl so not much help from him :rolleyes:

Polikarpov
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I hope Ana could turn things around in the tournament where all the mess started.

Polikarpov
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Me too. How about her dad :devil: he is always so serious
But she is probably dad`s girl so not much help from him :rolleyes:

Ana needs some good bitchslapping from Dragana.

InsideOut.
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Ana needs some good bitchslapping from Dragana.

Or from :cool: Milos.

gaviotabr
Jun 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
You know.. I was thinking, talking with Ben.. Some time ago, the brazilian male volleyball team was getting one bad result after the other.. they took on another coach and what he did was get someone to watch, record and analyze every single aspect of every single match.. the ways they were losing, the ways they were winning, all kinds of stats, everything. With that info, he would prepare the team and they ended up going undefeated for nearly 4 years.. won a gold and a silver medal in the 2 past Olympics.. lost only 14 matches in a 8 year spam. According to the coach, it's mostly due to knowing the ways to win and to lose.. how taking one an avoiding the other.. so he credits his data base. Then in 2004, the brazilian woman's volleyball team, in the semis of the Olympics, were leading Russia 2 sets to 1, and 24-19 in the 4th set.. 5 match points. They lost that set 26-24, and then in the 5th set, they were winning 14-11, another 3 match points and they lost that set 17-15. A massive choke, with 8 match points missed. So.. they adopted the same stats thing the male team had, they went on to lose only 8 matches in a 4 year spam and get the gold medal in the 2008 Olympics with the loss of only 1 set. And they were the exact same team that had choked that much in 2004.

I think what Ana might need is her team looking at the past year, at all of her losses and all of her wins. They should study the patterns and make the appropriate decisions, prepare her practices and her mental game according to that. It's clear that she is always losing in almost the exact same fashion, so there are ways to avoid it.. she can be aware of the pattern and fight it. She is losing matches she should have won more often than not, and these losses are the reason she is in such a deep slump for the past year. From the clay season in 2007 to Wimbledon 2008, Ana won 21 out of 25 3 setters. From Montreal 2008 to now, she has only won 5 out of 16 3 setters. It's a huge difference that is making a difference in her confidence, rankings, everything.. She had match points in one of these losses and choked from a double break up twice. The stats tell the issues she has, it's not like she is losing in different ways and it's hard to discover the problem.. it's always the same. I can't understand how her team doesn't see it and seems to do nothing about it. :o

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Jun 15th, 2009, 08:52 PM
You know.. I was thinking, talking with Ben.. Some time ago, the brazilian male volleyball team was getting one bad result after the other.. they took on another coach and what he did was get someone to watch, record and analyze every single aspect of every single match.. the ways they were losing, the ways they were winning, all kinds of stats, everything. With that info, he would prepare the team and they ended up going undefeated for nearly 4 years.. won a gold and a silver medal in the 2 past Olympics.. lost only 14 matches in a 8 year spam. According to the coach, it's mostly due to knowing the ways to win and to lose.. how taking one an avoiding the other.. so he credits his data base. Then in 2004, the brazilian woman's volleyball team, in the semis of the Olympics, were leading Russia 2 sets to 1, and 24-19 in the 4th set.. 5 match points. They lost that set 26-24, and then in the 5th set, they were winning 14-11, another 3 match points and they lost that set 17-15. A massive choke, with 8 match points missed. So.. they adopted the same stats thing the male team had, they went on to lose only 8 matches in a 4 year spam and get the gold medal in the 2008 Olympics with the loss of only 1 set. And they were the exact same team that had choked that much in 2004.

I think what Ana might need is her team looking at the past year, at all of her losses and all of her wins. They should study the patterns and make the appropriate decisions, prepare her practices and her mental game according to that. It's clear that she is always losing in almost the exact same fashion, so there are ways to avoid it.. she can be aware of the pattern and fight it. She is losing matches she should have won more often than not, and these losses are the reason she is in such a deep slump for the past year. From the clay season in 2007 to Wimbledon 2008, Ana won 21 out of 25 3 setters. From Montreal 2008 to now, she has only won 5 out of 16 3 setters. It's a huge difference that is making a difference in her confidence, rankings, everything.. She had match points in one of these losses and choked from a double break up twice. The stats tell the issues she has, it's not like she is losing in different ways and it's hard to discover the problem.. it's always the same. I can't understand how her team doesn't see it and seems to do nothing about it. :o

That's what I said earlier as well. At least twice.
Just 1 person or 2 that just analysis her game and her opponents in every situation. It's like that in soccer, so why not in tennis?
It's like her team is only thinking how they can sell her the best and the fast ways to make money.
Of course they like her and want her to win, but their own money is always more important.
So yes, I really think we can blame her team and Ana relies on them too much.

jelenacg
Jun 15th, 2009, 10:08 PM

Your volleyball team is great :worship::worship::worship:
Last year they played here in Serbia and me and my bf went to see the match
At the end we won 3:2 it was the first time after many many many defeats that our team managed to beat Brazilian team :lol::lol:
I agree about that she needs someone to analyse the match with her .But right now she doesn`t have anyone,Scot can`t help her.That is why Sven was great for her.Since they said that they are looking for a new full time coach i don`t think Sven can or will help her a lot for Wimbledon
And that is very sad bc i don`t think Ana ever believed in Craig the way she did in Sven.With Sven she was more calmed and she felt safe.Sven just knew how to press the right buttons

Isha312
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:13 AM

You seem to know a lot about Ana. Please find out where I can send in an application for the analyst job on your behalf. I think you would be a great asset to Ana's team! :lol:

spiritedenergy
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Actually "the fall cometh" is arcaic english for 'the fall came" i think... but it's true Ana is a falling comet, not even that, just a supernova who shone to bright and burnt itself to dust:o

bruce goose
Jun 16th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Actually "the fall cometh" is arcaic english for 'the fall came" i think... but it's true Ana is a falling comet, not even that, just a supernova who shone to bright and burnt itself to dust:oWOW!That's pretty deep,Luca:cool:...spelled 'archaic',btw...Crazy as it sounds,Capriati is my source of hope;if SHE can return,and win multiple Slams,after being a cokehead,then it's at least hypothetically possible for Ana to make a comeback from being mindless....What a gigantic contrast from between being book-smart and having seemingly zero common sense...and her team of promotion-hungry parasites doesn't help....I'm not even sure Sven is worth a damn anymore,either....He TOTALLY lost Ana's attention last year and can't even dedicate himself in any significant manner.......That Dragana bitch-slapping solution sounds better every day....DRAGANA!!Save our Ana,PLEASE!!!!:help::help::help:

spiritedenergy
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:05 PM
WOW!That's pretty deep,Luca:cool:...spelled 'archaic',btw...Crazy as it sounds,Capriati is my source of hope;if SHE can return,and win multiple Slams,after being a cokehead,then it's at least hypothetically possible for Ana to make a comeback from being mindless....What a gigantic contrast from between being book-smart and having seemingly zero common sense...and her team of promotion-hungry parasites doesn't help....I'm not even sure Sven is worth a damn anymore,either....He TOTALLY lost Ana's attention last year and can't even dedicate himself in any significant manner.......That Dragana bitch-slapping solution sounds better every day....DRAGANA!!Save our Ana,PLEASE!!!!:help::help::help:

thanks for the correction;) Yes Ana looks like doesn't have much common sense, her interviews don't make sense anymore whatsoever:o

InsideOut.
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Actually "the fall cometh" is arcaic english for 'the fall came" i think... but it's true Ana is a falling comet, not even that, just a supernova who shone to bright and burnt itself to dust:o

Yes I realize that. :lol: 'The fall cometh' is basically 'the fall comes'. In Old English, the present tense of verbs for he/she/it ended with -th instead of -s, hence 'cometh' instead of 'comes'. It was pronounced with a 'th' sound at first but later some people pronounced it with an 's' sound. That's why I put 'falling comet', not 'fall cometh'. :lol:

Not that that requires much discussion. This thread is really just The Thread for Pessimistic Ana Fans.

On the upside, Ana has avoided embarrassing situations such as getting bagelled by Aleksandra Wozniak. :o Sveta :smash:

bruce goose
Jun 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM
thanks for the correction;) Yes Ana looks like doesn't have much common sense, her interviews don't make sense anymore whatsoever:oLuca,I almost posted this in reply to Izzy's new,updated prediction query(except she doesn't seem to appreciate my comments too much,so I figured WTF should I bother?).Maybe YOU can shed some light on this one,the possible worst excuse EVER in the history of human sporting competition...anyone else is welcome to speculate also:

Last year,when she lost to Zheng in Beijing,Ana mentioned afterwards that she didn't realize she was tired during the match.It was at THIS point that I worried that she might've been snorting 'Happy Dust' with Verdasco in her hotel room the night before.I didn't like the idea of Ana having a Master of Puppets...if you'll pardon the old Metallica reference...so I just wrote this off as Ana not having any intelligent excuses post-match...and simply blurting whatever was on the tip of her tongue.

We have an expression in Northern Mexico,'se ponche el tren',roughly translated:The train had a flat tire...as a way of mocking someone who has pathetic excuses for being late.However,our old expression sounds plausible compared with Ana's Beijing gem.How is it humanly fathomable that anyone could NOT realize that they were tired??Wouldn't the heavy sweating,shortness of breath,lack of physical energy and muscle soreness be a dead giveaway??:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:You don't exactly need a PhD to recognize the symptoms of being tired...That's sort of like walking into the bathroom,dropping your pants and squatting...and then,a couple minutes later,asking:WOW!How did I get HERE??:confused:I didn't even realize I was taking a crap:confused::confused::confused:.In the long run,this one loss wasn't a make-or-break moment for Ana,but you re-kindled old memories,Luca,when you spoke about her inane,post-match statements:o:o:o

Cp6uja
Jun 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Right after Ana shocking lose against Petrova I open thread (GM Subforum) using "FREE FALL" term in Title. Here is OP:

Here is all Ana Ivanovic loses after february:

Indian Wells: Vera Zvonareva beat Ana Ivanovic from 7-6(5) 0-2 to 7-6(5) 6-2 (Ana lose all of last 6 games)
Miami: Agnes Szavay beat Ana Ivanovic 6-4 4-6 6-1 (Ana won just one game in 3rd set)
Rome: Agnieszka Radwanska beat Ana Ivanovic from 6-1 3-6 0-4 to 6-1 3-6 6-4 (Ana lose all of last 6 games)
Roland Garros: Victoria Azarenka beat Ana Ivanovic 6-1 6-3 (this match is out of Ana control since start, so no "free fall")
Eastbourne: Nadia Petrova beat Ana Ivanovic from 6-1 4-6 1-4 to 6-1 4-6 6-4 (Ana lose all of last 5 games)

So in 4 of her last 5 loses Ana has "active" results (even lead with 3rd set double break advantage in 2 cases), but after some point her game simple collapsed and she starts with unstoppable "free fall"... so she won just one single game of "last" 24 in this 4 loses :help: :help: :help:

Is fact that she is able to reach IW mandatory final, or lead in 3rd set vs two TOP10 players 4-0* and *4-1 proof that her crisis is more mental than question of slump/bad shape?

BTW before Indian Wells final Ivanovic only once (when played injured vs Maria Vento-Kabchi at USO/2005 R2) lose all of last 5 games of some match (and never 6+)... and look her now :help:But FREE FALL i use to explain some strange Ana's mental problem, not her shape or career moment! 100 days after winning RG and reach #1 Ana lose vs players ranked #188, #133, #94... in last 100 days Ana at least losing only vs TOP10 opponents (except Szavay) and has very active result (except vs Azarenka) in all of this loses before mentally totally collapsed (or maybe mental blockade is better word). So I'm very curious whats happen with her famous fighting spirit or with her self-declared "playing point by point" career philosophy :confused:

gaviotabr
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:41 PM
New low:

6 tournaments without a QF appearance. Never happened in Ana's career.

How is this happening? She never had such a stretch of bad play.. never.. even as a 17 year old new comer she was a better player.

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Keeping up the bad streak:

7 tournaments without a QF. :worship:

InsideOut.
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Fuck it.

The Daviator
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Fuck it.

:lol: :lol:

Guys we have so many more exciting new lows to look forward to! I mean her loss to Tan someone 2-6 2-6 will be a great day :hearts:

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Her next new low might just be losing to __________ in the first round of the US Open. That's actually a pretty solid prediction.

InsideOut.
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
:lol: :lol:

Guys we have so many more exciting new lows to look forward to! I mean her loss to Tan someone 2-6 2-6 will be a great day :hearts:

We can celebrate that she got more games than Vaidisova. :eek:

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Good title Ben!

Hey Ana, where are you? :confused:

spiritedenergy
Aug 13th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Good title Ben!

Hey Ana, where are you? :confused:

Ana is long time gone:o

Her twin Suckana has replaced her for the time being...

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Ana is long time gone:o

Her twin Suckana has replaced her for the time being...

SuckAna! :lol:

Yes.. Ana is long time gone.

f4NTn3Pn05A

The rest is a long time gone
No, I aint hit the roof since I dont know when
Long time gone
And it aint coming back
I said a long time gone
No, I aint honked the horn since I dont know when
Long time gone
And it aint coming back again

lalala

spiritedenergy
Aug 13th, 2009, 01:25 AM
SuckAna! :lol:

Yes.. Ana is long time gone.

f4NTn3Pn05A

The rest is a long time gone
No, I aint hit the roof since I dont know when
Long time gone
And it aint coming back
I said a long time gone
No, I aint honked the horn since I dont know when
Long time gone
And it aint coming back again

lalala

i love Dixie Chicks!

Maybe Ana is simply taking the long way around?
UtqwL-ZPhAA

gaviotabr
Aug 13th, 2009, 01:30 AM
i love Dixie Chicks!

Maybe Ana is simply taking the long way around?
UtqwL-ZPhAA

Hopefully!

I've been a long time gone now
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
But I've always found my way somehow

By taking the long way
Taking the long way around
Taking the long way

It's been two long years now
Since the top of the world came crashing down
And I'm getting' it back on the road now

But I'm taking the long way
I'm taking the long way
The long
The long way around

Will it take 2 long years? :sobbing:

I also love the Dixie Chicks! :lol::worship:

spiritedenergy
Aug 13th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Hopefully!

I've been a long time gone now
Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down
But I've always found my way somehow

By taking the long way
Taking the long way

It's been two long years now
Since the top of the world came crashing down
And I'm getting' it back on the road now

But I'm taking the long way
I'm taking the long way
The long
The long way around

Will it take 2 long years? :sobbing:

I also love the Dixie Chicks! :lol::worship:

Dixie Chicks are love:hearts:

yes maybe it will take 2 years... Ana please take the long way around, not the short way out:sobbing:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:09 AM
2 new lows:

1 - First match loss after serving for the match at the second set.

2 - 8th early exit in a row. She keeps improving her previous record.

:o

jelenacg
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:26 AM
2 new lows:

1 - First match loss after serving for the match at the second set.

2 - 8th early exit in a row. She keeps improving her previous record.

:o

And then we say she is not improving :worship:
:tape::help:
No belief whatsoever ,that is the reason why she is choking

InsideOut.
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:39 AM
And another new low:

First loss to a Czech player since Vaidisova in Sydney 2007. :o

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Ana's results this season:

Brisbane: 2 wins/1 loss
AO: 2 wins/1 loss
Dubai: 2 wins/1 loss
IW: 4 wins/1 loss (choked 3 SPs)
Miami: 1 win/1 loss
Rome: 1 win/1 loss (choked a 4-0 lead)
RG: 3 wins/1 loss
Eastbourne: 1 loss (choked a 4-1 lead)
Wimbledon: 3 wins/1 loss
LA: 1 win/1 loss
Cincinnati: 1 win/1 loss (Served for the first set)
Toronto: 1 win/1 loss (Choked a 6-3 5-3 lead)

So bad.. she has 3 tournaments left. I just read that she was offered a WC to New Haven and didn't accept. So I don't think she will be adding anything at all after Beijing. Just 3 tournaments.. 1270 points to defend. Ana will probably end the year outside of the top 15.

What effect will this have in her mind? It can finish the crushing.. or wake her up. Unfortunately, the first option seems more realistic to me. :sad:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Ana had mere 120 points to defend in the USO series as she was injured in august last year. With 3 tournaments, it seemed obvious she could actually add some points. Well... bad things can always get worse. She got herself 180 points, but since it's divided by 3 tournaments, only 120 are counting towards her rankings. That's actually worse than last year. Anything she played could add, since the 120 were from one tournament, oppening up a slot. Now, she will have to play better than a round of 60 points to add to her ranking.

She now has to defend:

120 points USO
140 points Beijing
250 points Zurich
550 points Lins
220 points YEC

And will only be playing 3 tournaments. She has over 2000 points in the race, which garantees a spot close to the top 20. But keeping up this level and form, she might just have her worst Year end rankings since 2004. And in 2004 she only played like 5 tournaments or so... :help::tape::o

bruce goose
Aug 20th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Don't know if this helps or not,Izzy,but: Do you remember that trend you observed where someone beats Ana and then sucks and can't beat ANYone else for a long time??Well,that trend got smashed today when Lucie beat Zheng....Not that beating that overrated Jie fraud is any great accomplishment,but at least Lucie didn't reserve her only win vs. Ana....Hope that makes you feel a smidge better,nuestra joya brasilen~a:hug::wavey:

gaviotabr
Aug 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Don't know if this helps or not,Izzy,but: Do you remember that trend you observed where someone beats Ana and then sucks and can't beat ANYone else for a long time??Well,that trend got smashed today when Lucie beat Zheng....Not that beating that overrated Jie fraud is any great accomplishment,but at least Lucie didn't reserve her only win vs. Ana....Hope that makes you feel a smidge better,nuestra joya brasilen~a:hug::wavey:

Not really... it only made me think that Ana could have finally beaten Zheng too... :o

bruce goose
Aug 21st, 2009, 02:32 AM
Not really... it only made me think that Ana could have finally beaten Zheng too... :oActually,she HAS beaten her at this very tourney...though it was in Montreal THAT year...but maybe it's been so long that you can't remember that version of Ana....If Lucie manages to knock off Serena,then perhaps THAT will cheer you up,doll-face:p

InsideOut.
Aug 21st, 2009, 03:30 AM
Well, I like Lucie, so I'm glad she didn't just melt away after beating Ana, but I really think the draw was opening up nicely for Ana before she hit that fateful forehand. :sad:

SOA_MC
Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:59 AM
New low

First round lost at a GS and second time lost when having at least one match point

gaviotabr
Oct 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM
So many lows in the 2009 season:

10 tournaments without a QF.
First 1st round loss at a slam.
Second match lost after having match point.
3rd time in Ana's career that she loses 3 matches in a row.
1st time in Ana's career that she doesn't win a title in a season (counting a full season).
1st time in Ana's career that she doesn't get any win over a top 10 player (counting a full season).
Least number of tournaments played: 14
Least number of matches played: 38
Most number of injuries and illness sustained.
1st and 2nd times in Ana's career that she loses after having a double break lead in the third set.
1st match loss after serving for the match in the second set.
Most number of complete chokes: Wasted 3 SPs against Zvonareva in IW, a double break lead in the third against Radwanska in Rome and Petrova in Eastbourne, served for the match against Safarova in Toronto in the second set, missed a set and a break lead and then a match point against K. Bondarenko in the USO.
Will drop around 20 spots in the year end rankings.

:worship:

InsideOut.
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:20 AM
:sobbing: What happened to a Bartoli career?

gaviotabr
Jan 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM
:sobbing: What happened to a Bartoli career?

Now even that seems like such a great idea! :sobbing: