PDA

View Full Version : Grass Season-----> Wimbledon; win a match, please!!!

Dinayer
Jun 12th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Her schedule for the grass season:

Eastbourne :
15 J
AEGON International Eastbourne - GBR $600,000 - Premier

WIMBLEDON :
22 J
Wimbledon London - GBR TBA - Grand Slam

Dinayer
Jun 12th, 2009, 08:19 AM
dont know what to expect :shrug:
good luck, Alize!

Dinayer
Jun 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
last year:

Eastbourne :

R1: Amelie Mauresmo def. Alize Cornet 6-1 4-6 7-5

WIMBLEDON :

R1: Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova def. Alize Cornet 7-6 7-6

Dorien.
Jun 12th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Not too many exceptations for me ;)

Good luck :rocker:

justine schnyder
Jun 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
What a mistake.. She's completely out of form and yet chosing to compit in the tougher tourny.. :o
good luck

Derek.
Jun 13th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Oh, goodness.
We saw how bad she played on clay this year, hopefully it's not even worse on grass. :tape:

Koon
Jun 13th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the topic :hug:

Hopes she can win a few matches in Wimby :sad:
She need to get back her games on grass :scared:

Koon
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM
(1)DEMENTIEVA, Elena RUS
KIRILENKO, Maria RUS

CORNET, Alize FRA
RAZZANO, Virginie FRA

BALTACHA, Elena GBR
LI, Na CHN

QUALIFIER
(8) RADWANSKA, Agnieszka POL

Alize plays Virgine 1st round :tape:
Allez!!!

améliemomo
Jun 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Oh, goodness.
We saw how bad she played on clay this year, hopefully it's not even worse on grass. :tape:

well it cant be worse than her clay season, it can be only "as bad" or better:o

the draw is out

R1: vs Virginie Razzano

virginie is in great shape, tough match, good luck alize!

Derek.
Jun 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Razzano's flat groundstrokes on grass. :unsure:

Dinayer
Jun 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
:scared: good luck :sobbing:

Dorien.
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Ok, this will be hard, very hard...

Good luck anyways!

justine schnyder
Jun 14th, 2009, 09:38 PM
GL.
Just dont suck or something

MsPaula
Jun 14th, 2009, 09:44 PM
:bounce:Ok, this will be hard, very hard...

Good luck anyways!

Allez Alize! You can do it-you just have to believe in yourself and your game!

tea
Jun 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
The OOP is:
Court 2 (from 11.30hrs)
1. ATP
2. ATP
3. Cornet vs Razzano

I have nothing to say and I have no belief, just lets see how it goes tomorrow.

Alizé Molik
Jun 15th, 2009, 03:36 AM
i'm assuming she'll lose like 6-1 6-2 or something but crazier things have happened.

She needs to play the tournaments where she might actually win some matches, she's been playing nothing but the top tiers for the whole year when clearly her standard is not there right now, she can't just keep playing like shit and hope that one day it'll just click back into place because pretty soon she's gonna be 30 then 40 then 60 or something if she doesn't start winning matches!

Derek.
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:52 AM
i'm assuming she'll lose like 6-1 6-2 or something but crazier things have happened.

She needs to play the tournaments where she might actually win some matches, she's been playing nothing but the top tiers for the whole year when clearly her standard is not there right now, she can't just keep playing like shit and hope that one day it'll just click back into place because pretty soon she's gonna be 30 then 40 then 60 or something if she doesn't start winning matches!

It's ridiculous how players don't change their schedule according to their level of play. :rolleyes:

shar1982
Jun 15th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Good luck ALI!

améliemomo
Jun 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM
she lost 6-7 2-6

she seemed good in that first set but God,she had 4 bps and couldnt convert 1!then she dropped,perhaps lost faith.
Grrrrrr she's disappointing but well the slump continue and dont expect grass to make her come back in better confidence.

Next!--> Wimbledon

Derek.
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Alizé. :sobbing:
Too many of my faves are slumping. :(

She's 3-10 in her last 13 matches. :help:

12-16 for the year. :o

améliemomo
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:49 PM
nothing more to add.The stats speak for themself.

Alize is in a negative run.

Expecting nothing in london, perhaps,perhaps after since she'll play clay tournaments but well after seing her horrible clay season and the field there,that gonna be tough no matter what
but well the loss is there today but everything was not only BAD. She appeared to me more "involved" and motivated in the first set.
She served quite well comparing her previous matchs,she had 4 bps,saved a set point at 4-5. She tried I think.
She has to be patient and work even harder and at one period it will pay off!lets stay with some positive thoughts lol

she gonna come back from that disgusting slum but when? that is the question...

Dinayer
Jun 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
no words :sad:

MsPaula
Jun 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
:confused:nothing more to add.The stats speak for themself.

Alize is in a negative run.

Expecting nothing in london, perhaps,perhaps after since she'll play clay tournaments but well after seing her horrible clay season and the field there,that gonna be tough no matter what
but well the loss is there today but everything was not only BAD. She appeared to me more "involved" and motivated in the first set.
She served quite well comparing her previous matchs,she had 4 bps,saved a set point at 4-5. She tried I think.
She has to be patient and work even harder and at one period it will pay off!lets stay with some positive thoughts lol

she gonna come back from that disgusting slum but when? that is the question...

Oh Alize! Why is she in such a slump? Sometimes I wonder if these young players have so many expectations put on them (ex: Alize, Ana) that they crack under the pressure? I think she should see a sports psychologist to help her figure out what is the mental block that's holding her back. I wish her much better luck at Wimbeldon but I don't hold out for much hope.

justine schnyder
Jun 15th, 2009, 09:16 PM

:help:

Nothing to add.. Everything I could say I' have already said after the other 9 losses..

Alizé Molik
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:50 AM

that'd be why i said, maybe she should play some international events. :rolleyes:

Koon
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:22 AM
:sobbing: at least Virgine not easy to beat :scared:
Why Alize slumped very early ? :sobbing:
Hopes she could find her form in one day :sobbing:

betowiec
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:41 AM
one and done
au revoir

justine schnyder
Jun 16th, 2009, 07:38 AM
that'd be why i said, maybe she should play some international events. :rolleyes:

Agree

améliemomo
Jun 16th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Agree
me too

rosmalen was a better choice imo:o

Dorien.
Jun 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Alizé :smash: :bigcry:

Pax
Jun 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Wimbledon 1st round

Alizé Cornet vs. Vera Dushevina

Koon
Jun 19th, 2009, 10:29 AM
:sobbing:

Dinayer
Jun 19th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Dushevina?

dont know what to expect.

améliemomo
Jun 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
dushevina is a real threat especially on grass.She won many matchs this week at eastbourne so will be more prepared than alize

but well we dont know with alize,in how conditions she will be in that match,hopefully the best and the moste positive one!

allez do your best!

Koon
Jun 19th, 2009, 12:31 PM
:crying2:

If she beats Vera, I think Wickmayer or Vesnina is too much for her though :crying2:

Dorien.
Jun 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Oooh we will see. No exceptations :o

justine schnyder
Jun 19th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Good luck?

Derek.
Jun 19th, 2009, 11:01 PM
If she was in form Dushevina would be no problem, even on grass.

But because Alizé forgot how to play tennis, Dushevina may wipe the court with her. :tape:

tea
Jun 19th, 2009, 11:30 PM
She may win a match. She may lose. See the difference? I don't.

Alizé Molik
Jun 20th, 2009, 03:18 AM
the title of this thread made me laugh..then want to cry.

Dushevina I saw play at RG, I know it's a different surface but she was striking the ball a lot harder and a lot better than I've seen her do in previous years.

améliemomo
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
She may win a match. She may lose. See the difference? I don't.

yes I see.

Well she has nothing to lose so hopefully she'll play some "good" tennis.

tea
Jun 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Court 14 12:00 Start

Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Anna-Lena Groenefeld(GER) v. Sania Mirza(IND)

Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Mardy Fish(USA)[28] v. Sergio Roitman(ARG)

Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Round
Tommy Robredo(ESP)[15] v. Luka Gregorc(SLO)

Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Vera Dushevina(RUS) v. Alize Cornet(FRA)[22]

Good luck!:awww:

améliemomo
Jun 21st, 2009, 07:13 PM
alize thoughts before the wimbledon start:

"My view has changed completely and I hope that this will bring me things for the future. Perhaps a bit more fresh when I win. "Alizé Cornet is going through a difficult period but retains his enthusiasm before facing Vera Dushevina.

"Alizé Cornet, how do you feel before this Wimbledon?
It's going pretty well. I expect my match on Monday with great anticipation. I will return to the field without too much a priori. Everyone knows that my game does not speak very well on that surface. But it is a surface that I like. I have not played too badly last week against Virginia in Eastbourne (Editor's note: Loss (7-6, 6-2) against Virginie Razzano) which is in the finals today. This console me a little of my defeat in the first round. I think if I manage to make me happy and enjoy the moment, I can give a good level of tennis.

What do you think about your next opponent, Vera Dushevina?
It has twice clashed in Rome and at a consoling in Eastbourne last year. A console, it is never such a match. I won, but everything is different with the pressure of a match. This is a very good player with a very good backhand, it is a bit hefty. So I do not think that moving is its strongest asset. Anyway, the exchange is very short grass. It is the service and the return will prevail. Going to have my focus on that.

Have no pressure on grass, it can help you regain confidence and play free?
That's what I said in Eastbourne, I still lost in the first round. I went with an open mind with just the desire to play. I made a good game is a good sign. I have no points to defend on this tour on grass, I can give my best without fear of losing points. But at the same time, I also want to win games and prove that I can play well on grass. Whatever happens before every game, there's a little stress he must manage as best we can.

Do you feel to start a second career?
No, I have another vision of my career. So far, I've never had a hole at this time. When you are in a positive dynamic, it does not even arise the question of win or lose matches. Win, lose and this is normal, this is not normal. Now it just the opposite. Each victory is almost a feat and I'm happy as if I won a tournament. My view has changed completely and I hope that this will bring me things for the future. Perhaps a bit more fresh when I win. "

Derek.
Jun 22nd, 2009, 01:03 AM
You can do it, Alizé! :hug:

shar1982
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Ali, I'm proud of you already! Do all the best you can,I believe in you!
Good luck!

Dorien.
Jun 22nd, 2009, 03:10 PM
Good luck Alizé :bounce:

améliemomo
Jun 22nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
omg alize is just playing so baaaaaadly;:weirdo::weirdo::weirdo::sobbing:

the match is suspended due to darkness

6-3 0-6 *2-4:(:(:(

she 's down a break in that last set.The chair umpire is an asshole,he should have taken the decision to stop the match when alize was serving at 2-2,she has such a horrible serve,absolute awful match to watch,from both side
dushevina had nothing to do since alize was making the errors:tape:

she's still alive but her serve was such crap,it can be very quick tomorrow if she doesnt manage to hold.

Allez fight for God sake!

justine schnyder
Jun 22nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
Please try to win tomorrow!!!

Amira, how was the 1st set?

Alizé Molik
Jun 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
oh lalalala.

abi
Jun 23rd, 2009, 06:18 AM
Didn't watch the match yesterday. How did she played? It sounds like she played shit. :help:

améliemomo
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Please try to win tomorrow!!!

Amira, how was the 1st set?

well she was playing ok but dushevina was giving it to her by spreading many errors.
Alize didnt have much to do to be honest.
Then she got broken in the first game of the second set. She had many bps to come back in that set but always having that awful negative behaviour, swearing,complaining, showing her opponent how bad she feels.
Dushevina cut off the ues and jackpot!alize making the errors.:rolleyes:

justine schnyder
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
:weirdo: will she ever get it together? :sad:

Thanks for the report :hug:

Dinayer
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
cant believe it :weirdo:
get it together, please :sobbing:

justine schnyder
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
Ella your avy :hearts:

(and I'll send ya the FB massage in few minutes :D)

tea
Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
A tweet from a spectator about yesterday's morning practice: "Alize seems to have a sore hand/wrist, she can't get a serve in :("

During the match she served somehow alike. So maybe not all the problems are mental.:unsure:

améliemomo
Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:50 AM
A tweet from a spectator about yesterday's morning practice: "Alize seems to have a sore hand/wrist, she can't get a serve in :("

During the match she served somehow alike. So maybe not all the problems are mental.:unsure:

well dont know if what this spectator said is right but you have to know that her serve has been shit from the start of the match so ...
she was also making some weird facial signs like if she got injured but she kept playing so dont know

alize matchs are so weird for many weeks now

HowardH
Jun 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
She lost :sad:. 6-4 in the third. I didn't see it so I don't know if her wrist was bothering her or if it's just a continuation of her mental difficulties. She has never liked grass so I suppose that didn't help.

Koon
Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Alize :banana:

At least she 'll finish in top 8 for the most slumping players of the year :yeah:

:rolleyes:

Dorien.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for report Amira :hug:

Alizé :sad: :help:

améliemomo
Jun 23rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Go play lower tournaments and get some mental coach

that's all I can say after another awful loss against a nobodie player.

Langers
Jun 23rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
Very upsetting. :( She just can't seem to take a trick right now, this season has gone so downhill after a promising start. :(

Dinayer
Jun 23rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Ella your avy :hearts:

(and I'll send ya the FB massage in few minutes :D)

thanks gurl :hug:
Im gonna see it now ;)

OMFG dont know what to say....Dushevina is a Hopeless Case and so is Alize...:sad:
She is young and she can improve her awful serve, just hope its ASAP :sobbing:

améliemomo
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
alize finally recognizing she needs some help from a mental coach

In recent months, Alizé Cornet saw her first crisis of confidence. Very lucid on the situation after her defeat in the first round against Vera Dushevina, the Niçoise entrusts she needs help to break the vicious circle.[B]
[B]
"Alizé cornet, that is happening right now?

I'm not on my plate at the level of my tennis. Yet I have no moral problem in everyday life. But I have a small blockage in respect of the competition. It's frustrating and I have the impression of entering a vicious circle. I find it hard to get out. I expect the solutions of my coaches, we will gather tonight to discuss the future because I'm lacking motivation, I can not find my bearings. It becomes really hard.

What are the solutions?

It is important that I learned to breathe better on the court. It really is a glaring disadvantage, especially when I'm pretty stressed and at the moment is the case. At the end of the rallies, I completely apnea. Blow help me to relax and control my emotions. I'm too much sensitive at this time. I panic quickly. The mental work that I will have to do will have much influence on my results.

Thinking about taking a mental preparation?

It has thought of. Anyway, this can not be worse than that time. This can only make me well because I have much to do mentally. I've never known a period of crisis. I admit that I do not know how to manage it. Although Pierre (Editor's note: Bouteyre his coach) has given me many, many things since I was tiny, it needs to delegates on the subject. This will perhaps open other perspectives on my tennis and life in general. Pierre has always found the words, he has always fit me. Today, even he admits that I may need someone else to help me. It's honest of him to say he may be a limit on that side.

Do you have negative thoughts on the court?

Yes, I have only that. That's what kills me. My head explodes from negative thoughts. This affects my game and my ability to be there in key moments. It's very difficult to control.

Look in your video matches for analysis?

No. I am ashamed to see me. I want to see me for a shock, but I do not think you need it. I am very clear about my behavior on the court and what I can give information as to the opponent. Right now, I have a great sense of shame, I have no esteem for me. I always want to convey this image of fun on the court, but this is not what I vehicle at this time. ":sad::hug:

Dinayer
Jun 23rd, 2009, 10:46 PM
this is so sad...:sad:

Derek.
Jun 23rd, 2009, 11:59 PM
:sobbing:

Alizé Molik
Jun 24th, 2009, 04:13 AM
perhaps now they can finally adress this issue. If I was Pierre I would have told her she needed help months ago.

abi
Jun 24th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Good to hear that finally. :sobbing:

tea
Jun 24th, 2009, 06:24 AM
This is sad of course, but this was bound to happen. I mean for her to realize that she needs some different sort of help. It actually took more time than it could have.
Any change now will be for the better.

MsPaula
Jun 24th, 2009, 11:31 AM
This is sad of course, but this was bound to happen. I mean for her to realize that she needs some different sort of help. It actually took more time than it could have.
Any change now will be for the better.

Hi everyone! I am also relieved to hear Alize say she knows it's the mental side of her game that needs fixing. It's very mature of her to realize this and to finally get some much needed help. I wonder what her team discussed last night. I hope she can see a sports psychologist and figure out ways to get mentally stronger so she can get back to a good place in her life. I know Fernando Verdasco said he saw a sports psychologist at the beginning of the year to help him with the mental part of his game which has always been an issue. I hope one can do the same for the beautiful and talented Alize!

améliemomo
Jun 24th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Yes that's the best thing she could make to learn how to think more positive on the court and dont take things with so much intensity.
The thing about the breath is absolutly right!she needs to learn some breathing technics,I know there is a real philosophie in that area.
Knowing how to breath is knowing how to live.
She'll have to think only about her and how being more relax in competition.

it will take some time I think so the results probably wont come very quickly but at least she realized the problem so now she can work on it to make it under control.
That is very positive.