PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think they are waiting to hear from Venus?

Jarrett
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:59 AM
I am guessing they expect her but the draw is not out yet and the men's has been out for a while. Would they wait to do the draw until they knew she was coming for sure?

rfs1999
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:31 AM
That would be sad if Monica and Jelana in the same half, then Venus withdrawls.

mn73
Sep 8th, 2002, 09:28 AM
She said she needs a rest and will play two or three tournaments in the Fall - so I guess she will withdraw from this one. Shouldn't really have entered as it is the week after the US Open.

It is sounding more and more like Venus will drop her schedule a bit next year again as well.

TomLovesMonica
Sep 8th, 2002, 12:29 PM
The mens draw for Brasil is already done, they are currently working on the womens draw. We'll find out in a couple of minutes I think.

ktwtennis
Sep 8th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Where is it?!? Can anyone call?

Andre@
Sep 8th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Venus said she is "litle bit" injuried, so I think she will withdraw and they are taking so long to post the draw because maybe they can trying to 'find' another player to replace her.

I hope they get Martina

CJ07
Sep 8th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Venus said she wants to go home and rest, so I assume that shes not coming

ChrisGermany
Sep 8th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Itīs really a problem for a tierII to find players after a GS - itīs sad for the event really

They plan with Venus but they should be in hectic after she had to play 2 3-setters to reach the finals - that was the key to her exhaustion

anton
Sep 8th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by rfs1999
That would be sad if Monica and Jelana in the same half, then Venus withdrawls.

And how many times has Jelena done this?:rolleyes: