PDA

View Full Version : No BBC coverage of Eastbourne wta?

johnoo
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:26 PM
seems like the BBC are not showing any of the women at Eastbourne,anyone confirm this? they are showing extensive coverage of the men,including HD,but it appears none of the womens event:sad:never known them not to show it.

serenus_2k8
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Its a mixed event, I assume they will just show the Centre Court, men or women!? The womens event is actually much better than the mens in terms of stars, so I wouldnt worry.

johnoo
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Its a mixed event, I assume they will just show the Centre Court, men or women!? The womens event is actually much better than the mens in terms of stars, so I wouldnt worry.
yeah but the women start June 15 - 20,the men are playing this week(queens) and then there is no coverage on BBC(only eurosport) next week.the BBC site says the next live tennis on tv after queens is wimbledon.

Europe rocks
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:54 PM
The coverage of Eastbourne was awful at the best of times, to be honest. Endless coverage of men's tennis, yet the BBC decide to shun the women :o

ShimSham
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Looks like there is no coverage at all this year.

disco_rage
Jun 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Women's tennis coverage on BBC is a joke. They always show Eastbourne women's till this year maybe they haven't cos of the world cup. On another note I live in UK and was on my holiday in the Maldives last week and on satelite tv in my room I watched most of two women's quarters, most of semis and final from Birmingham, Uk and that tournament has never been on UK TV what a joke

Wimbledon9
Jun 18th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Eastbourne used to be a tournament only for women and the BBC was all to happy to broadcast the tournament. Since it is a mixed tournament now they will broadcast the men, it is very sad that since the mixed tournaments, I only speak of the non grand slams,women are put in second place. It is important that women keep their own tournaments but they obvious cannot find the sponsors. The women are bragging they all play so well but honestly put they are boring.

AdeyC
Jun 18th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Women's tennis coverage on BBC is a joke. They always show Eastbourne women's till this year maybe they haven't cos of the world cup. On another note I live in UK and was on my holiday in the Maldives last week and on satelite tv in my room I watched most of two women's quarters, most of semis and final from Birmingham, Uk and that tournament has never been on UK TV what a joke

I remember Channel 4 once showed the Birmingham final in the 80's, Shriver v Maleeva final - other than that it's never been on tv that I remember.

Escape
Jun 18th, 2010, 11:10 PM
The BBC are probably more interested in showing Royal Ascot than showing Eastbourne :rolleyes:
Thank god for Eurosport :)