PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea What Allie Will

SakiBomb25
Jun 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM
will do? Has she committed to a college yet?

Amalgamate
Jun 8th, 2009, 02:23 AM
I haven't seen any indication that Allie plans to go to college. I know that was never in the plans; she has always wanted to go pro. However, I really think going to college might be the better idea :shrug:

gouci
Jun 8th, 2009, 04:54 AM
1. With Allie Will's top 5 TRN ranking she had her pick of any college in the country including defending NCAA champion Duke. It's surprising that she hasn't committed yet. This may be the case if she wanted to take a year off to try the pros.

2. However Allie Will's WTA ranking has dropped about 200 spots in the last 4 months falling to outside the top 700. This may indicate she's not ready to make it in the pros.

3. The fact that Allie Will's WTA ranking is plummeting combined with her not committing to a school yet even though there are still openings to some of her top choices is very unusual. An explanation that would fit this situation is having grades too bad to play Div. 1 tennis.

Then again if Allie Will commits over the summer that would disprove the bad grades theory. :shrug:

johnnytennis
Jun 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
1. With Allie Will's top 5 TRN ranking she had her pick of any college in the country including defending NCAA champion Duke. It's surprising that she hasn't committed yet. This may be the case if she wanted to take a year off to try the pros.

2. However Allie Will's WTA ranking has dropped about 200 spots in the last 4 months falling to outside the top 700. This may indicate she's not ready to make it in the pros.

3. The fact that Allie Will's WTA ranking is plummeting combined with her not committing to a school yet even though there are still openings to some of her top choices is very unusual. An explanation that would fit this situation is having grades too bad to play Div. 1 tennis.

Then again if Allie Will commits over the summer that would disprove the bad grades theory. :shrug:

Taking a year off is such a mistake. There are maybe 1 or 2 players each year that are good enough to turn pro and even then, making money will be tough right away so they will need a sponsor with deep pockets. The smart player goes to college for at least 2 years and then decides if he or she is good enough to turn pro. I also assume many turn pro because they cant get into any top school because of poor grades.

Amalgamate
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Allie's grades were plenty good enough. That is not the reason she hasn't committed yet.

SakiBomb25
Jun 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM
If her grades are up to snuff, do you think she's just deferring for a year, in case the school she wants to go to has already used up their scholarships?

mboyle
Jun 15th, 2009, 03:57 AM
If her grades are up to snuff, do you think she's just deferring for a year, in case the school she wants to go to has already used up their scholarships?

She listed Duke as one of her top choices, along with Georgia and maybe one other? I can't speak for other schools, but Duke only has 5 scholarship players next year...yeah FML. We'll have to forfeit one of our singles matches and one doubles match every time if Jamie doesn't get his act together and get someone fast. It was tough enough this year with only 6 available players. Anyway, I hope Allie comes here.

Tennisace
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:22 AM
I believe Duke is picking up/has secured Jamie Hampton as their sixth scholarship player.

tennisbuddy12
Jun 17th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Allie's grades were plenty good enough. That is not the reason she hasn't committed yet.
What is the reason...are you a player yourself? You know a lot of junior scoop...

I believe Duke is picking up/has secured Jamie Hampton as their sixth scholarship player.

I JUST spoke to Jamie Hampton herself and she is NOT playing at Duke! I dont know about Allie but reveal the sources if you spill details like that.

Amalgamate
Jun 17th, 2009, 04:14 AM
What is the reason...are you a player yourself? You know a lot of junior scoop...

:secret: :lol: yes.

gouci
Jun 17th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I JUST spoke to Jamie Hampton herself and she is NOT playing at Duke! I dont know about Allie but reveal the sources if you spill details like that.

tennisbuddy12 question for you.

Since you posted what colleges Danielle Mills was interested in :worship:, do you know when she graduated?

Did she graduate from the Bollettieri academy at the same time as Mallory Cecil and Mills is now in the process of taking a year off trying the pros? :confused:

tennisbuddy12
Jun 17th, 2009, 04:51 PM
tennisbuddy12 question for you.

Since you posted what colleges Danielle Mills was interested in :worship:, do you know when she graduated?

Did she graduate from the Bollettieri academy at the same time as Mallory Cecil and Mills is now in the process of taking a year off trying the pros? :confused:

She actually graduated about 2 weeks ago. She is taking a year off though. She is hoping to reach the top 300 but next year before deciding between WTA and NCAA

tennisbuddy12
Jun 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
:secret: :lol: yes.

Why hasnt Allie committed? and I meant are you an ITF jr player since you know a lot of scoop with the 'big dog' players on the circuit.

wanabgator
Jun 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Wonder why Allie Will signed up for Clay Courts in Memphis this July. An interesting choice for someone who has been playing pro level.

Amalgamate
Jun 18th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Why hasnt Allie committed? and I meant are you an ITF jr player since you know a lot of scoop with the 'big dog' players on the circuit.

I can't tell you for sure why Allie hasn't committed. I do know that she didn't train as hard as she did for the past ~8 years just to go to college. The goal was to always turn pro and college was Plan B. Parting with the dream of making it on the pro tour might take her a while, so I would not be surprised if she is taking a year off just to fulfill her dream for at least a year. If she fails there (which is likely-sorry Allie!) then she will resort to Plan B and go to college. And no, I am not one of these highly talked about girls on here. I do play the occasional ITF but most of my success comes at the USTA national level not ITFs. However, I do frequent enough with the "big dogs" to have my fair share of scoop :)

Wonder why Allie Will signed up for Clay Courts in Memphis this July. An interesting choice for someone who has been playing pro level.

Confidence/reevaluation of where her game stands? :shrug: Not quite sure.

mboyle
Jun 19th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I can't tell you for sure why Allie hasn't committed. I do know that she didn't train as hard as she did for the past ~8 years just to go to college. The goal was to always turn pro and college was Plan B. Parting with the dream of making it on the pro tour might take her a while, so I would not be surprised if she is taking a year off just to fulfill her dream for at least a year. If she fails there (which is likely-sorry Allie!) then she will resort to Plan B and go to college. And no, I am not one of these highly talked about girls on here. I do play the occasional ITF but most of my success comes at the USTA national level not ITFs. However, I do frequent enough with the "big dogs" to have my fair share of scoop :)

Confidence/reevaluation of where her game stands? :shrug: Not quite sure.

If Mallory Cecil can go to college, so can Allie Will.

Amalgamate
Jun 21st, 2009, 02:17 AM
If Mallory Cecil can go to college, so can Allie Will.

Completely agreed. I have said Allie should go to college for a few years now.

Kevin.
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:13 AM
She has decided! From tennis recruit, she has signed a LOI to play at the University of Florida!

UFGatorFan
Jun 26th, 2009, 04:07 AM
If they get Will and Embree, to go along with what they return and adding Bartlett, Florida's in pretty good shape.

wanabgator
Jun 26th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Agreed. Marrit, Anastasia, Jo, Jessica, Lauren, Allie, Brittany, and Claire will be unstoppable!