PDA

View Full Version : MJM Cheats, umpire robs Serena.

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
What did Serena say at the end of that exchange, about Maria-Jose?

It's bad luck, happens to everyone. :shrug:

Pengwin
May 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Serena pummeled a driving shot into MJMS's body while she was at the net. It was so fast that the umpire did not see it properly, but the slow motion replay shows that the ball hit her arm, and went back over the net.

The umpire didn't see this, and gave the point to MJMS, Serena pissed off, argues with umpire (gets booed for this), and calls MJMS 'a cheat'.

Miss Amor
Such things always happen against Serena.

darkangel23
Well Serena don't try to kill her by hitting at her directly...

Adal
I love your avatar.

volta
May 30th, 2009, 04:29 PM
dammit , someone give me a good stream for this match pls im Dying over here :sobbing:

-jenks-
this is going to be closed :o

:inlove:
:crying2: This thread will be fun.

Stadia
May 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM
This has got to be one of the bitchiest RGs of all time :lol:

Godis
I guess in order to beat Serena you have to cheat.

Br'er Rabbit
Serena said she better not come to net againn

Craig.
2 upsets in the making, Djoko and Serena :rolls:

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
And it was at this point in the match where you knew Serena would lose.

serenus_2k8
What did Serena say that the commentators said she will regret?

This thread is valid, the umpire had good vision of that and its a blooming slam, he cant make such crap calls!?

swissmr
I think she called her a cheat but she's right!

Aaric
Serena pummeled a driving shot into MJMS's body while she was at the net. It was so fast that the umpire did not see it properly, but the slow motion replay shows that the ball hit her arm, and went back over the net.

The umpire didn't see this, and gave the point to MJMS, Serena pissed off, argues with umpire (gets booed for this), and calls MJMS 'a cheat'.

That´s MJMS´s fault ?

GoDominique
Well next time Serena might wanna put the ball into the open court and not drill it at her opponent. Karma is a bitch.

Leo_DFP
Waiting for this thread to be shut down too. :lol:

Go Yasmine go do your job :lol:

FrOzon
"She'll better not come to the net again" (Serena)

cellophane
And it was at this point in the match where you knew Serena would lose.

:rolls:

Someone care to explain what happened properly?

Leo_DFP
How did MJM cheat?

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Er... wait. MJMS a cheat? You mean the referee made a mistake?

Craig.
Who? Alves? :speakles:

volta
always something with Serena :lol:

Serena + Roland Garros = drama no doubt :lol:

someone give me a live stream pls this one i have we can barely see the ball :rolleyes: :lol: :o

SvetaPleaseWin.
the hand/arm mark 2 :p

she should have said it hit her arm but when someone drills the ball at you clearly on purpose, youd be pissed off-even though thats the best tactic really, youd still be fucked off

VIKA?
:rolleyes:

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Serena said she better not come to net againn

Thanks, I didn't catch the end of that sentence. Good one Serena :p

MJM should have owned up, but it's not her fault and not her responisibility unfortunately.

homogenius
Serena has to stop trying to kill the other player when she's at the net anyway.She's doing it way too often (and she didn't like it herself when Maria did it in AO07 final).

Godis

MJM should have owned up, but it's not her fault and not her responisibility unfortunately.
What do you mean it is not MJM's responsibility? If you know in your heart of hearts that it happened then she should have said something. Where are her morals?

Pengwin
You're supposed to tell the umpire and concede the point.

MJMS walked to the baseline after the point (suggesting she knew she lost the point), until the umpire gave her the point.

Patrick345
Well next time Serena might wanna put the ball into the open court and not drill it at her opponent. Karma is a bitch.

If Martinez is so lucky. I think Serena will drill her if given the opportunity. :lol:

дalex
May 30th, 2009, 04:34 PM
:lol:

Rena, why is you hitting straight at the poor gurl, gurl?

Now win this! :armed:

Br'er Rabbit
Serena is right, MJM was at the net, so its her responsibility to not get hit by the ball, The umpire caanot take away a point from Serena.

lizchris
Serena has to stop trying to kill the other player when she's at the net anyway.She's doing it way too often (and she didn't like it herself when Maria did it in AO07 final).

I thinkt the situations were different; Maria was down 5-0,15-30.

GrafMariaPetraK
May 30th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Maria-Jose is cheat:mad: serena should whoop her ass:lol:

Leo_DFP

Ummm, respectful players would totally own up to that. You'd never see Federer or Nadal take a point they didn't earn.

Just lot all my respect for MJMS. Serena - kick her ass.

CloudAtlas
Too early to say Serena will lose but if she does no doubt for the next 100 million years we'll all hear how Serena's loss was due to the cheating.

Robert-KimClijst
I think that is kinda cheating. It's your duty as a player to be sportsmanlike. By technicality it isn't cheating since it is the referee's decision, but it is a player's duty to admit if it hit them or not. The sport would be better if people were to do so.

Leo_DFP
By the way, hitting at someone at net is a completely valid and fair strategy. It's part of the game. It only becomes an issue, IMO, when a player does it too often (i.e. Ivan Lendl). The truth is that Serena earned the point and wasn't awarded it, which is the ref's fault technically, but it's disappointing that MJMS would also allow it to happen. You know when someone hits you in the arm!

Play_Suspended
May 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM

Shouldnt MJM have given the point to serena though as she knew it didnt hit her racket.

As for the umpire it was so hard, you can kinda understand him not seeing clearly what it hit. I do think MJM should have admitted it.

MLF
Martinez Sanchez really should have said the ball hit her as she rubbed her arm and walked back to play the next point. Bad sportsmanship on her part as a player but I guess you don't know what you'd do yourself until you're out there yourself.

The Dawntreader
God it's like Dynasty out there:lol:

'She better not come to the net again'

:haha:

I love this Slam:p

Seriously though, i didn't actually intially think Sanchez hit the ball with her body, but now i'm not so sure.

paul_masterton
I think the point is MJM should have said it came off her arm not the racket. She doesn't have to obviously, but its nice to see a bit of sportsmanship sometimes!

MJM said the line-judge got it wrong a game or so before and that Serena's shot had been in, so was weird she didn't acknowledge this one.

ZeroSOFInfinity
The next time MJM comes to the net, Serena is gonna kill her by hitting the most powerful shot... ever :tape:

This is gonna be homicide on Suzanne Lenglen... :help:

iGOAT
May 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I agree Mariajo should have said something.

Nikkiri
May 30th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I love your avatar.

:crying2: me too :yeah:

tennismaster8820
May 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe MJM thought: well I won't say anything bc she was going at my body so hard! :p

But yeah still bad sportsmenship! :o

jefrilibra
May 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
The ball touched her arm. Clear cut case.

Bijoux0021
May 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM

It's interesting how the cheaters/thieves always got cheered against a Williams.:sad::o

The Daviator
Why does everyone cheat against babygurl at RG :(

-jenks-
Serena would do the same to anyone except Venus :o

$uricate
May 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
:eek:

Its the hand Part II :sobbing:

I love it when Serena said "She better not come to the net again" :rolls:

Miss Amor
May 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Being hypothetical without any basis? Serena isnt a bad sportswoman like Henin or MJM

Craig.
May 30th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Just saw it. MJM has no class; she just walked away after the point :tape: Feel bad for Serena.

Ciarán
May 30th, 2009, 04:42 PM
For once I feel sorry for Serena :(

cellophane
May 30th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Has MJM come to the net again since? :lol:

Bijoux0021
May 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM
You're a liar! Serena doesn't need to cheat to win against anyone on tour.:wavey:

ChinChin
May 30th, 2009, 04:44 PM
They just showed it on TV here on an another angle and it really is totally evident she hit the ball with her forearm. Really, the umpire should have seen that and MJM acted totally unprofessional, that's totally cheating.

Balltossovic
May 30th, 2009, 04:44 PM
What did Serena say that the commentators said she will regret?

This thread is valid, the umpire had good vision of that and its a blooming slam, he cant make such crap calls!?
No it's not. There are rules about not discussing ongoing matches. Three threads like this we closed yesterday

FoxyliciousKhat
May 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I think this is about the smack Serena hit at net that caught MJM in the face. Serena immediately tried to apologise and MJM turned her back as if she did not see her.

Maybe the chair told Serena something when she went to sit down because I missed it but I read somewhere else that Cronin is chatting it up.

Foxy

ChinChin
May 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM
No it's not. There are rules about not discussing ongoing matches. Three threads like this we closed yesterday

What's wrong with talinkg about one particular point and not the whole match?

homogenius
May 30th, 2009, 04:46 PM
MJMS should have said something (just like earlier in the match Serena should have said that the ball was in on a bad call at 40-40 on MSMS's serve)but she must have been pissed off to get targeted at the net like that.

Leo_DFP
May 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I'm sure Mary Carillo is having a field day with this in the NBC box. She hates cheaters.

moby
May 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Wow that's some major gamesmanship from Martinez Sanchez there. Ball did touch her skin (from what I saw) and she should have owned up. Although I guess she might have been pissed that Serena tried to hit her. But that's a legitimate tactic. :shrug:

Serena really sucked it up though and directed the blame at the umpire as she rightly should - it's his responsibility to keep his eyes on the ball always - all the while keeping fairly calm about it.

My assessment is based on the limited replay I saw.

This is not so different from a blatantly obvious bad line call though. Both resulted in the wrongful loss of a point; plenty of players have refused to correct a bad line call without so much more than a shake of the head by the spectators. The situation leads to more incensed reactions because it is unique - "she didn't even hit the ball with her racket!" - but the result is not so different. Let's not stick a fork in MJM.

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Has MJM come to the net again since? :lol:

A couple of times, but Serena has hit a few lobs and passing shots. Actually, can't remember her winning a point up there since The Hand Part II though.

Polikarpov
I'm excited for the handshake, or the lack of it, at the end of the match.

jefrilibra

seriously!

GrafMariaPetraK
May 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM
can you imagine handshake at net:fiery::timebomb::lol:

Billabong
I just saw it, incredible indeed:eek:

Miss Amor
Also, TF cheats and Dave steals my thread :ras:

-jenks-
Shouldnt MJM have given the point to serena though as she knew it didnt hit her racket.

As for the umpire it was so hard, you can kinda understand him not seeing clearly what it hit. I do think MJM should have admitted it.

I love how this statement came from an Henin fan!! :spit:

Dave.
What do you mean it is not MJM's responsibility? If you know in your heart of hearts that it happened then she should have said something. Where are her morals?

She should have owned up, but it's up to the umpire to decide not her. It's the umpire's responsibility.

Joana
May 30th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Lying and fabricating? :speakles:

:inlove:
Good times.

volta

Langers
May 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Suck it up cry baby. Wah!! Someone call the wambulence!

twight6
May 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM
:woohoo: Go Maria Jose!! :bounce:

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 04:53 PM

For once I agree, the umpire did rob Serena of that point.

Miss Amor
:woohoo: Go Maria Jose!! :bounce:

Sad to see a Lindsay fan chearing a player for cheating. Embarassment to all the Lindsay fans out there.

AnnaK_4ever
Michelle Larcher de Cheater and now Maria Jose Martinez Cheater :worship:
WTA players have never been more classy! Bravo!

jefrilibra
May 30th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Serena should really keep her cool for now and only lash out at the press conf later.

Brooks.
The cheating is pathetic but I have completely lost all faith in Serena on this surface. She completely sucks ass on it. She doesn't even look like a top 20 player on clay.

tejmeglekvár
MJMS is a racist too.

vadin124
May 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM
let's hope next time Maria Jose is at the net, Serena smashes the ball into her face and wins the match by default...

completely legitimate tactic

Bijoux0021
May 30th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Sad to see a Lindsay fan, chearing a player for cheating. Embarassment to all the Lindsay fans out there.
Yep, that's beyond sad and very, very desperate.

hdfb

I think many people understand it is their right. But for Pete's sake, it's tragic that players will do ANYTHING to win a point even if they blatantly know that the umpire is wrong. You have MJMS, then there was Michele vs Jie the other day, and many other times before.

Yes it is shithouse umpiring, but tennis players have a conscience too! To me it IS cheating, they know they were meant to lose the point, but accept it. Shame on you MJMS.

Daniel K
Hmm hate cheaters. Kick her ass Serena.

Miss Amor
Suck it up cry baby. Wah!! Someone call the wambulence!

Did you tell that to your parents when you were born?

-jenks-
May 30th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I love how, if serena loses, everyone is going to say that this one point was the reason. :rolleyes:

Leo_DFP
She should have owned up, but it's up to the umpire to decide not her. It's the umpire's responsibility.

Bullshit. Did you know that lower level tennis is up to the players to decide line calls and other calls? At its base level, tennis does not need to be refereed. It's called sportsmanship and honesty.

TheFifthAvocado
Maybe she was embarrassed to admit she got pummeled in the face from point blank by Serena. Does that appeal to you WS fans' domineering complex?

AnnaK_4ever
May 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM
let's hope next time Maria Jose is at the net, Serena smashes the ball into her face and wins the match by default...

completely legitimate tactic

Dave.
I think many people understand it is their right. But for Pete's sake, it's tragic that players will do ANYTHING to win a point even if they blatantly know that the umpire is wrong. You have MJMS, then there was Michele vs Jie the other day, and many other times before.

Yes it is shithouse umpiring, but tennis players have a conscience too! To me it IS cheating, they know they were meant to lose the point, but accept it. Shame on you MJMS.

I agree with that. Doesn't say alot for the character of Maria-Jose to have not said anything.

Alvarillo
:sad: I love MJM but i think she should have said something there

I didn't expect that, coming from a mature woman as Mariajo is

Brooks.
May 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
everyone will cheat against Williams. the rest of the tour is so jealous of them. they will do anything to get a win.

Renalicious
May 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
This is a bit disgusting and I'm hesitating to watch. Martinez Sanchez is a desperate pig who will do anything to win one fricken point. Gosh, Serena has been wronged so many times. I really feel for her.

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Bullshit. Did you know that lower level tennis is up to the players to decide line calls and other calls? At its base level, tennis does not need to be refereed. It's called sportsmanship and honesty.

At this level, with this much money at stake, it does need to be refereed.

I agree Maria-Jose was out of order, but as I said the ultimate reponsibility for this atrocity lies with the umpire's bad judgement.

Sharpie4me
May 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I guess I've missed something funny :drool::lol:

Joana
May 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM
LOL, Serena tries to hit her opponent and yet MJMS is a disgusting worthless piece of a scum excuse for a human being willing to ANYTHING to win the point.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I'm surprised this thread is still alive.:lol:

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 05:06 PM
LOL, Serena tries to hit her opponent and yet MJMS is a disgusting worthless piece of a scum excuse for a human being willing to ANYTHING to win the point.

Exactly! Are we the only people seeing this?!

Balltossovic
May 30th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know I didn't make the rules:shrug:

I'm just saying once the mods see it they will close it.

comfortably.numb
May 30th, 2009, 05:08 PM
While what happened is irritating, Serena needs to pull it together and win the match. One point won't make that big of a difference. I'm sure, pyschologically, it could fuck her entire game up, but she's a professional and she must continue to play the match. Don't let what happened in 2003 happen again Serena. WIN.

Leo_DFP
May 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM

Hun, it's just the rules of the game. Like it or not.

comfortably.numb
May 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Well it's also not against the rules, as a player, to not correct the umpire's mistake. Don't get me wrong, I'm disgusted by Maria, but Serena does tend to aim the balls back at players more often than almost anyone else. I can see some of them getting pissed at that and taking advantage of certain situations.

Joana
May 30th, 2009, 05:11 PM

I know very well it's within the rules. And yet it's a shitty thing to do. If you don't have respect for your opponent, don't expect any in return.

Miss Amor
May 30th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Exactly! Are we the only people seeing this?!

Would expect nothing else from Henin fans and Serena haters.

ZeroSOFInfinity
May 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Michelle Larcher de Cheater and now Maria Jose Martinez Cheater :worship:
WTA players have never been more classy! Bravo!

Apparently, you might be correct.

Federer is currently playing Mathieu at the moment, and a few minutes ago, Mathieu's shot hit the base line, but the linesman called it out. Fed went to circle where the ball landed and mentioned to the umpire "The ball is in".

The point was replayed. Mathieu won the game.

Hmmm... interesting....

ViennaCalling
May 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
MJMS is a racist too.

OMG :o Not again this topic!

Donny
May 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I know very well it's within the rules. And yet it's a shitty thing to do. If you don't have respect for your opponent, don't expect any in return.

You know, in other racket sports (racquetball, squash, etc.) trying to hit your opponent with the ball is an important strategy in the game.

-jenks-
May 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
You know, in other racket sports (racquetball, squash, etc.) trying to hit your opponent with the ball is an important strategy in the game.

this isn't racquetball or squash! :rolleyes:

Donny
May 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM
this isn't racquetball or squash! :rolleyes:

It's still a legitimate tactic, just like body serves, drop shots, etc.

Taking a point you know you didn't earn is foul play.

Renalicious
May 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM

What is wrong with you!? A LOT of people go straight for the person. It's just a tactic. :rolleyes: So what? it's within the rules. What's not within the rules is taking a point YOU DON'T DESERVE. So yes, MJMS is a disgusting worthless piece if scum excuse for a human being (and worse.)

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
When you're at the net and ten feet away from your opponent with a 99.9% chance of winning the point, hitting the ball at her isn't a strategy, it's an assault.

Sonf@
May 30th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Oh yeah, and the world is full of roses except the part that rounds Serena and everyone is against her and the universe will collapse just to pity her... :lol:

comfortably.numb
May 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM
When you're at the net and ten feet away from your opponent with a 99.9% chance of winning the point, hitting the ball at her isn't a strategy, it's an assault.
DEAD. Way to be dramatic.

moby
May 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
When you're at the net and ten feet away from your opponent with a 99.9% chance of winning the point, hitting the ball at her isn't a strategy, it's an assault.Yep, we need to see a replay of the point again. It's uncool if you've a wide open court for a winner and still go for your opponent so that could be mitigating factor for MJM. (Patty did that against Justine a few years ago for instance.)

Going for your opponent is otherwise a good strategy to keep them honest.

Regardless, MJM should probably have 'fessed up. This is the umpire's fault.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Serena apologised and looked very upset. She explained that she didnt intend to hit her, but the cheating spanish hag wasnt bothered either way.

debopero
May 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Not really. It tells your opponent "don't come to net." It still is a tactic and I just do not think you want to see that.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Oh yeah, and the world is full of roses except the part that rounds Serena and everyone is against her and the universe will collapse just to pity her... :lol:

:weirdo: Good to see the board isnt lowering its standard for moderators :unsure:

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 05:28 PM
DEAD. Way to be dramatic.

As dramatic as the people calling MJMS a classless 40 year old pig? Cause that's what I was aiming for. :lol:

Sonf@
May 30th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Serena apologised and looked very upset. She explained that she didnt intend to hit her, but the cheating spanish hag wasnt bothered either way.

maria didn't even look at her: knowing that it was a tactic she found it normal. not a big deal here

Renalicious
May 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM

What the hell? How are you a moderator. :weirdo:

moby
May 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Serena apologised and looked very upset. She explained that she didnt intend to hit her, but the cheating spanish hag wasnt bothered either way.Serena :lol:

What a lie. When you go for your opponent, you do want to hit them and you do know you're putting them at risk of being hit. I'm not saying it's not legal - it is. Don't expect it to win you brownie points though.

Miss Amor
May 30th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Nice to see all the unbiased mods on this website.

Sonf@
May 30th, 2009, 05:32 PM
What the hell? How are you a moderator. :weirdo:

Have you ever heard of irony? I have opinions that are as valid as yours and it was a way to show that not every single thing in the world circles around Serena, which is certainly true.

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Ohnoes tim, no wonder the WS fans voted against us in poster elimination. :tears:

Ballbasher
May 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Same thing happened to me once. It hit my thigh went over the net and we finished the point, which we won. But then our opponents protestated and we replaayed the point.
But I can say it's a really unfortunate situation, if it happens to you and play wasn't interrupted immediately.

homogenius
May 30th, 2009, 05:38 PM
What is wrong with you!? A LOT of people go straight for the person. It's just a tactic. :rolleyes: So what? it's within the rules. What's not within the rules is taking a point YOU DON'T DESERVE. So yes, MJMS is a disgusting worthless piece if scum excuse for a human being (and worse.)

De Brito shrieks are within the rules as well.Doesn't mean it's not classless and annoying.Serena has a habit to target opponents at the net to scare them.She had no obligation to hit her to win the point (could have played about everywhere else)but did it on purpose.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Serena :lol:

What a lie. When you go for your opponent, you do want to hit them and you do know you're putting them at risk of being hit. I'm not saying it's not legal - it is. Don't expect it to win you brownie points though.

You can hit it at your opponent, expecting a good volleyer with fast reactions like Maria to get her raquet in the way but make a mistake, without wanting to inflict pain. Either way volleying is a part of the game, and all doubles players take hits from time to time with no complaining. Dont do a crap drop shot if you dont want bruising.

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
maria didn't even look at her: knowing that it was a tactic she found it normal. not a big deal here
Exactly, thats what people do. But there's a line. Its one thing to hit the opponent, please! Every player has aimed for the opponent at one time or another... Its the safest thing to do, so y'all trying to take some moral high ground on that is silly when your faves have prolly done it too. Its another thing altogether however to not admit to the ball touching your arm. Its just as bad as the hand, if not worse considering it cost serena a point, and an important one rather than just a serve.

Its got nothing to do with Serena and who serena is. It has everything to do with honesty and cheating.

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
De Brito shrieks are within the rules as well.Doesn't mean it's not classless and annoying.Serena has a habit to target opponents at the net to scare them.She had no obligation to hit her to win the point (could have played about everywhere else)but did it on purpose.

Thats bull, Serena is a well established doubles player and is clearly well aware that if your opponent is just across the net from you, expect a shot at you. Its part of the game and a great, valid tactic. Its not like taking a tennis ball is life threatening, the worst you get is a bruise. In contact sports the athletes know they could break bones. Stop being such a little wimp and get a grip.

Sonf@
May 30th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Exactly, thats what people do. But there's a line. Its one thing to hit the opponent, please! Every player has aimed for the opponent at one time or another... Its the safest thing to do, so y'all trying to take some moral high ground on that is silly when your faves have prolly done it too. Its another thing altogether however to not admit to the ball touching your arm. Its just as bad as the hand, if not worse considering it cost serena a point, and an important one rather than just a serve.

Its got nothing to do with Serena and who serena is. It has everything to do with honesty and cheating.

Well, since I was just talking (actually answering) about the fact of people complaining that MJM wouldn't say anything to Serena when she tried to apologize, I won't take your second point into consideration since I've shared it 100% from the beginning.

Joana
May 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Its the safest thing to do, so y'all trying to take some moral high ground on that is silly when your faves have prolly done it too.

Just like everyone's faves have prolly failed to acknowledge that the ball was in when it was called out at some point, and people still take moral high ground on the account of cheating.

Let's just agree that everyone's a horrible bitch and be done with it!

justine schnyder
May 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM
This has got to be one of the bitchiest RGs of all time :lol:

Oh yeah :angel: :devil:

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Okay well on one hand you have not playing within the rules and on the other you have giving your opponent a black eye. I dunno but one seems more morally justifiable than the other. :shrug: That's why I don't think Serena deserved the respect of MJMS to give her that point.

And yes, I didn't know I had the reputation as a WS hater. Very bad idea to be my partner. :sad:

serenus_2k8
May 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Like the champion she is Serena rose above the scum and their antics to claim victory! All credit to GOATrena there! :inlove:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
May 30th, 2009, 07:31 PM
going right at your opponent is a legal tactic. it's within the rules. cheating isn't. that shit is fucked up. sorry if the WS fans are so domineering. there's just too many of us who are fans of the WS. and we'll defend or infiltrate the threads boards all we want. just don't get close to the net or else you can get hit.