PDA

View Full Version : Main draw - things are shaping up

vutt
Sep 7th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Good, so we will probably have not only interesting final, but there will be one juicy semi as well for top seeds! I hope Monica will be in Jelenas part. Jelena needs badly those quality points ;)

When the main draw will be out?

Monica_Rules
Sep 7th, 2002, 11:46 AM
In your dreams! Monica will beat Jelena!

Aloysius
Sep 7th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Jelena beat Monica the last time they played. And neither is playing that well right now. Jelena has had something of a break and will come back fresh. Monica will come here match-tough with a solid Grand Slam performance behind her. So it could be a potentially great match!

vutt
Sep 7th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Monica_Rules
In your dreams! Monica will beat Jelena!

But of course Monica will be favorite, but she will have all the pressure. Well rested Jelena on the other hand knows in the back of her mind that Monica is beatable from their last meeting.

Anyway – match should be interesting!!

PS! Draw will be released today!

setpoint
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Monica knows Jelena is beatable, and will def Dokic again.

SM
Sep 7th, 2002, 04:17 PM
If Monica plays like against Venus, Jelena in two.
If Monica plays like against Hingis, Monica in 3.

it would be nice to see Seles win this over Venus :)

LucasArg
Sep 7th, 2002, 07:53 PM
What about the draw:confused: :rolleyes:

vutt
Sep 7th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LucasArg
What about the draw:confused: :rolleyes:

Here:
http://www.uol.com.br/tenisbrasil/brasilopen/chavefs.htm

...but it's not up yet!

King Aaron
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:06 AM
:( was hoping the draw was up

Monica@53
Sep 8th, 2002, 08:18 AM
I didn't think the quality of Monica's play against Hingis was markedly different than against Venus. The real difference between her winning 6-4 6-2 against Hingis and losing 6-2 6-3 to Venus was the fact that Venus served better than Martina, she got to more balls than Martina and didn't make mistakes which she couldn't back up with big winning shots on the next point (which Martina did). Monica didn't really play well against Martina - Martina was very listless in her performance - and I think a number of the winners Monica hit against Martina were because Martina was having problems moving.