PDA

View Full Version : Rezai-Larcher de Brito changeover/press conference drama

barboza
May 30th, 2009, 04:52 AM
http://www.tennis-channel.tv/tennis/

Changeover

Rezai complaining to umpire: "There is limit for screaming, come on. You cannot scream like a (hand gesture)... yeah but for you it's normal maybe, but for me disturbing me." Umpire shakes his head at her.

Michelle to umpire: "I've played five matches. Nobody has complained -- she's the only one. Do you tell Sharapova to keep quiet? No."

Press conference

Michelle: "I said to the umpire, you know, you're not exactly going to tell Maria to keep quiet. But you know, in a way, when she was winning she never complained. Only when I started to get my game going, I started winning games, then all of a sudden, my noise is a nuisance. So it's kind of weird that only when I started playing well that she complained."

Rezai: "Yeah, it's a little bit hard for me to continue playing like this, but you know it's hard to play against a player screaming like that. She's a very good player, but very hard character. I hope she's going to be better, but she's young so she has to learn many things."

Abel.CHN
May 30th, 2009, 06:06 AM
guess we need some phonetic experts to figure out what's the difference between Michelle's screaming and Sharapova's~ maybe ENS de Paris or Sorbonne could help~

joz
May 30th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Reminds me of Navratilova complaining about Seles in the Wimbledon Final. Seles got warned... and quit making noise... and then quielty left the match playing non-competitive tennis.
Many fans and some sports writers... felt it was an attempt for Navratilova to get in Seles' head. After all it's not like she'd not played Seles before... she was very much aware of the grunts and how they were tied to the Seles agressive style.

taevaughn
May 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Michelle to umpire: "I've played five matches. Nobody has complained -- she's the only one. Do you tell Sharapova to keep quiet? No."

mich cracks me up and shes right too. :p