PDA

View Full Version : Your Fave Lost... Who are You Rooting for Now?

AcesHigh
May 30th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Sucks when your fave loses early in a slam :sad:. For me, I'm used to just finding other players to root for since my faves suck or are retired(Venus, Davenport, Kim)

So for all you Venus, Mauresmo, Dokic, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Hantuchova fans and others, who are you rooting for now?

I'm rooting for Serena, Safina and Kuznetsova. Serena will always give us goodmatches and she used to be one of my faves. I want Safina to finally win a slam..and Kuzy.. well she's been one of my favorites since 2003/2004 but it's been so depressing being a fan of hers, I can't follow both her and Venus at the same time, it'd be too much :lol:

Wiggly
May 30th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Maria, JJ, Sveta.

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
My faves haven't lose yet but one of them will very soon :sad: so hopefully the other will go all the way (Ana or Vika). Marion already lost so Elena is hope to make it through in the bottom half. Should none of these players progress I'll root for Domi to do some damage but of all the remaining contenders, Serena is the only one I'd be happy to see win it.

delicatecutter
May 30th, 2009, 01:17 AM
I'm happy I have so many favorite players. :angel:

Vlover
May 30th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Serena for sure. I think she might even have more motivation now to win.

new-york
May 30th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Pretty much all my favz lost.

and my FAV got kicked out.

Ivanovic is still in the draw, so gogogo.

drake3781
May 30th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Definitely Aravane, after that performance today I'll be her fan for life! :inlove: And Na. Either one or both.

gmokb
May 30th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Venus is gone but Serena is still there, hopefully she will make a deep run.

hellas719
May 30th, 2009, 01:49 AM

me too:D

I still have:
-Serena
-Cirstea
-Dementieva
-Ivanovic
-Szavay
-Azarenka

:D

Huntress55
May 30th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I still have:
Stosur
JJ
Groth
Masha
Ivanovic
Azarenka

:D:D:D

crazylace01
May 30th, 2009, 02:04 AM
sharapova, rezai, cirstea, azarenka.

delicatecutter
May 30th, 2009, 02:11 AM
I still have: Ivanovic, S.Williams, Szavay, Jankovic, Safina, A.Radwanska, and Cibulkova.

Hell, I even might be coming back around to liking Sharapova again. :help: Never thought that would happen in a million years. :lol:

I'll be happy with whoever wins as long as it's not you know who. (Or Azarenka, she's just a hot petulant mess. :o)

Привет
May 30th, 2009, 02:20 AM
Well of my top favourites, Venus Jela and Danka are all out. I still have Masha, but for who knows how much longer! :lol:

I am happy for Agnes though, and I hope she can at least make a quarterfinal where I hope she'll lose to Masha.

I would also like to see Serena go far, and I hope Cirstea making a semifinal would be pretty good.

Donny
May 30th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Ivanovic and Dementieva.

vw.
May 30th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Safina or Jankovic win their first slam.

Koon
May 30th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Rezai, Azarenka ,Szavay , Li ,MJMS

Medina
May 30th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Lourdes Dominguez Lino :drool:

she will win RG 2009 :speakles:

cometz9
May 30th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Serena
Dementieva
Safina
Jankovic
Ivanovic
Azarenka
Li
Kuznetsova
Wozniacki
Radwanska

I have many faves but Venus is my No.1 :lol:

Koon
May 30th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Lourdes Dominguez Lino :drool:

she will win RG 2009 :speakles:

MJMS will :drool:

LudwigDvorak
May 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Dementieva is still in. When she loses in seven hours, I will be rooting for Serena. When she loses, I will be horrified that any of the remaining players will be winning a slam.

I could tolerate Jankovic winning.

DownTheLine21
May 30th, 2009, 03:18 AM
Dementieva is still in. When she loses in seven hours, I will be rooting for Serena. When she loses, I will be horrified that any of the remaining players will be winning a slam.

I could tolerate Jankovic winning.

You're forgetting someone. I know you'll be rooting for Ana as well. LOL.

Roookie
May 30th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I don't expect too much from my favourites TBH. But so far so good. I hope JJ, Ana and Serena reach at least the QFs though.

mapaliey
May 30th, 2009, 03:24 AM
serena...
sharapova
jankovic

LudwigDvorak
May 30th, 2009, 03:25 AM
You're forgetting someone. I know you'll be rooting for Ana as well. LOL.

Ivanovic winning the title beating Azarenka/Suarez Navarro, Safina, Sharapova, Dementieva/Williams/Jankovic would be super impressive. It would just not be a happy weekend for me, that's all. :lol:

If Sharapova won, that'd be cool, but it's just...people just don't win grand slams after a nine month injury time out, especially when it's their second event. And I just remembered Radwanska is in the draw too, and I'd love to see her win a slam one day. So Dementieva/Williams/Radwanska, my hopeful but very unrealistic trifecta.

But yeah, please, Cibulkova, Szavay, Safina, Kuznetsova, Wozniacki...go away. :sad:

Shvedbarilescu
May 30th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Gee...not many left I really like a lot but at this stage of a slam that's not too surprising. Still a few left. I'm rooting for Martinez-Sanchez, Suarez-Navarro, Cirstea, Cibulkova and of course Radwanska. Out of the top 10, I think I'd probably be happiest with a Safina v Jankovic final, with Dinara winning. If Dementieva won here that would be cool too. I want to see a debut slam champion for sure.

Horizon
May 30th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Ana please win :sobbing:

It's been a tough ride for the past 12 months :sad:

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Sorana, JJ, Rena.

Josh.
May 30th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Elena and Jelena are still in so I'm going to be fine for a little while yet. ;)

Inktrailer
May 30th, 2009, 04:06 AM
Ivanovic. I've bet on her so she needs to show me the money.

hdfb
May 30th, 2009, 04:09 AM
JJ or Dementieva for the title please.

nfl46
May 30th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Safina or JJ is who I'm rooting for.

tea
May 30th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I have only one fave left, so I'll be cheering for Jankovic and Kuzzy:) Ivanovic perhaps:) No naming Wozniacki or K.Bond. cause they're going to out very soon.

supergrunt
May 30th, 2009, 04:28 AM
In order:
1. Serena
2. Kuznetsova
3. Azarenka

AnomyBC
May 30th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Actually, my favs are doing pretty well so far :woohoo:

Current Status of My Favs

1. Sharapova - still alive! :worship:
2. Ivanovic - still alive! :worship:
3. Wozniacki - still alive! :worship:
4. Cibulkova - still alive! :worship:
5. Chakvetadze - lost in first round! :rolleyes:
6. Kirilenko - lost in first round! :rolleyes:
7. Pavly - made 3rd round, then steamrolled by Safina :sad:
8. Dokic - retired in 2nd round after winning first set against Dementieva :sad:
9. Cirstea - still alive! first time in 3rd round of slam! :worship:
10. Jankovic - still alive! :worship:
11. Ula Radwanska - lost in first round :sad:
12. Zheng - lost in 2nd round to MLDB :sad:
13. Zakopalova - lost in first round, but gave big scare to Serena :worship:
14. Safina - lost only 4 games in 3 matches!!! :worship::worship::worship:
Etc.

tiffanykatya.
May 30th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Venus, Nicole and Anna lost:sobbing:

But I still have:
Elena D
Jankovic
Serena
Sharapova
A Radwanska
:bounce:come on girls!

Kirill_M
May 30th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Still in:

Szavay
Li
Razzano
Rezai
:worship:

gmokb
May 30th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I really find it odd that some of you have so may favourites, some seem to have all the top players.

Vaidisova Ruled
May 30th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Sharapova is still there!
If she loses (I hope not) there's still JJ

Sexysova
May 30th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Maria

SIN DIOS NI LEY
May 30th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I have Dementieva , Carla Suarez and SvetA

Kim's_fan_4ever
May 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I still have pretty much everyone:
Jankovic
Sharapova
Ivanovic
Safina
Kuznetsova
A.Radwańska

Also I don't mind: Li, Wozniacki and Azarenka :D
As you can see, I'm not complaining :lol:

In The Zone
May 30th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Serena.

If Serena does not win, I am cheering for Kuznetsova.

Thirdly would be Safina. She is playing so well. She would be a great #1 and role model for the sport if she can keep this up.

Tennisstar86
May 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I dont even know who im rooting for anymore....Heres who i would like to root for, but cant.

Serena- I'd love to root for Serena, but she clearly hasnt respected the game lately.... IMO she purposely threw 1 or 2 of those matches away in her 4 match loss streak....Plus she'd hold 3 of the 4 slams not playing well... It'd put a shame on her 2002 grand slam IMO if she got it again playing at such a poor level IMO...

Sharapova- Her fans would be unbearable. That said I dont think she'll have that much left in the tank if she makes it to the semifinals based on her match today, where she'll play Safina, who i hope looses in the semifinals, and i dont see Sharapova being able to beat her this early in her comeback.

I wouldnt mind backing Elena.... but i feel like thats just asking for dissappointment...
I also wouldnt mind Wozniaki, but I'm prolly the one of the only people on this board that likes her and doesnt see her as a "pusher"
And I love Li, but realistically she has no chance...

Lacrish
May 30th, 2009, 08:00 AM
still have:
JJ、Ana、Elena、Domi、Vika
I believe one of them will win the RG finally,Come on,girls!

volta
May 30th, 2009, 08:34 AM
i still have

Serena
Wozniacki
Cibulkova
Jankovic
Kuzzy
A.Radwańska

to support :D

monmonito
May 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Safina, JJ, Cibulkova, Dementieva...
hope the players I hate lose...hahaha

Calypso
May 30th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Miss Serena J. Williams, my 2nd fave. I wan't her to win her 2nd RG, if not, then it'd be nice for Ana, Dinara or J.J. to win this year.

Malva
May 30th, 2009, 08:51 AM
But yeah, please, Cibulkova, Szavay, Safina, Kuznetsova, Wozniacki...go away. :sad:

Why Kuznetsova in this company? Good attitude, likeable, technically refined tennis. Don't you like her game? -- I do, irrespective of whether she wins or loses.

nevetssllim
May 30th, 2009, 09:21 AM

So do I - but most of them have lost anyway :sobbing:

Only favourites left in are Serena, Dementieva, Jankovic, Li, Serena, Cirstea and Martinez Sanchez.

Out - Venus, Schnyder, Vesnina, Kleybanova, Mauresmo, Schiavone, Kanepi, Ruano Pascual, Dechy, Hantuchova, Mirza, Goerges, Makarova, Dokic, Bychkova, Loit, Dulko, Zheng, Keothavong and Pennetta.

IMPOSSIBLE
May 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Arvidsson, then she lost

then.

Dokic, then she got injured.

So now im rooting for Dementieva

InsideOut.
May 30th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Ana please win :sobbing:

It's been a tough ride for the past 12 months :sad:

So true :sobbing:

Taniaaa
May 30th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I still have Masha and Caro:D

Filippo-Nastya
May 30th, 2009, 09:45 AM
My fave played her last match exactly 2 years ago (May 30th 2007). :crying2:

I hope to see a new winner at RG this year. I'm rooting for Jankovic and Dementieva. :)

Midnight_Robber
May 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Serena. With Vee biting the red dust, she's all I've got left now.

Wouldn't cry if Ana defended either.

Kipling
May 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
In: Rezai, Sharapova, Jankovic, Ivanovic
Out: Paszek, Bartoli, Mirza, Vaidisova

Contingency plan: Kuznetsova or Cirstea

ViennaCalling
May 30th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Since Tamira and Sybille are out already I will cheer for Aravane, CSN, JJ, Virginie, Sammy, Aga and Martinez Sanchez now :p

DragonFlame
May 30th, 2009, 11:09 AM
My fave is playing like a douchebag. :rolleyes: She´s losing against stosur on clay for godsakes. If she loses here. :fiery:

Anyway, after her my RG is pretty much useless... I´ll cheer for na li of course but besides that i don´t have many hope. Might as well cheer for ana to win another RG title.

Today sucks if elena doesn´t sort herself out QUICK. :(

H.A.M.
May 30th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Still have MaSha, Serena and Dinara. I'd like to see Azarenka winning too. I wouldn't mind if JJ won.. I'd be pissed if Kuzy or LenaD won. I will give you the HELL if Iavnovic wins!

Venus is the only huge favorite of mine who MISERABLY failed :o

cn ireland
May 30th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Now that Dokic is out, I'll be supporting Sharapova all the way:bounce:!

saul1333
May 30th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Since lena has been dispatched I would'nt mind vika or sveta.

bad_angel_109
May 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
dina, ana, domi, sveta, sammy (she beat lena! :D) and imo the 'dark horse' sharapova :p

LudwigDvorak
May 30th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Why Kuznetsova in this company? Good attitude, likeable, technically refined tennis. Don't you like her game? -- I do, irrespective of whether she wins or loses.

The idea of her winning another slam does not go well with me. It almost seems wrong after her failing so many times. I don't mind her, but she's never particularly moved me, and I'd hate seeing her win a second one. She went nearly three years without a real title and showed zero joy when she finally got her tenth title, the same as when she won her slam. There's nothing for me to get excited over about her.

No one believed me when I told them I expected Elena to lose. I don't do great in suicide for no reason. :lol:

bad_angel_109
May 30th, 2009, 12:33 PM
^ i dont think kuzzy will win RG, i reckon she'll sadly just fall short :( nonetheless she's a GS champion and she'll been playing really well the past few weeks :)

taevaughn
May 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
now that vee is out im all about VIKA. :bounce:

gmak
May 30th, 2009, 01:12 PM
well, i'm happy i've got a few left ;)

masha,dinara,sveta,vika,caro and sorana

Stadia
May 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Serena or Svetlana. ;)

Noctis
May 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Serena Maria Na Dinara (all still in atmm :inlove:)

Libertango
May 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Venus is my fave, but I love JJ and Caro too (Plus Serena, Masha, Kuzzy and Li) so I'm quite lucky ... so far. :)

Marshmallow
May 30th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Serena, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic.

Some other I wouldn't mind but I think they're my headliners.

Apoleb
May 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM
One of my favorites (Venus) already lost. Now I'm rooting for my second favorite : Serena. (of course I root for her to beat herself ;) )

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Ree and Ana.

TS
May 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Peer & Daniilidou didn't play, Mirza lost first round, Rogowska second, Suarez Navarro lost today but I've still got Stosur, Wozniak, Wozniacki and Cibulkova. Not a bad RG so far but it's probably going to stop next round.

vadin124
May 30th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I am rooting for Maria now...i hope she can win it!

Bartosh
May 30th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Serena, Vika and Aravane :)

Midnight_Robber
May 30th, 2009, 02:36 PM
A Kuz victory would be fine too.
Serena,Kuz or Ana please.

TheFifthAvocado
May 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I have nobody to root for now that Elena lost. :sobbing: Maybe Szavay and Li? As far as someone with a legitimate shot to win the title goes, I'll go for Ana. Or anyone that isn't Steroidfina.

volta
May 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I have nobody to root for now that Elena lost. :sobbing: Maybe Szavay and Li? As far as someone with a legitimate shot to win the title goes, I'll go for Ana. Or anyone that isn't Steroidfina.

:haha:

thelittlestelf
May 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Now that Venus lost, I'm rooting for Serena. If she loses, I probably won't watch the rest of the tournament because it will be too depressing.

I need new players to root for!

Tennisstar86
May 30th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I dont even know who im rooting for anymore....Heres who i would like to root for, but cant.

Serena- I'd love to root for Serena, but she clearly hasnt respected the game lately.... IMO she purposely threw 1 or 2 of those matches away in her 4 match loss streak....Plus she'd hold 3 of the 4 slams not playing well... It'd put a shame on her 2002 grand slam IMO if she got it again playing at such a poor level IMO...

Sharapova- Her fans would be unbearable. That said I dont think she'll have that much left in the tank if she makes it to the semifinals based on her match today, where she'll play Safina, who i hope looses in the semifinals, and i dont see Sharapova being able to beat her this early in her comeback.

I wouldnt mind backing Elena.... but i feel like thats just asking for dissappointment...
I also wouldnt mind Wozniaki, but I'm prolly the one of the only people on this board that likes her and doesnt see her as a "pusher"
And I love Li, but realistically she has no chance...

sigh.....