PDA

View Full Version : grunting whatever

Zauber
May 30th, 2009, 12:48 AM
no one complains about the men.
believe some of them are louder or as loud as the women.
different pitch however.
I wish everyone would just shut up about grunting.
oh and by the way not being able to hear the ball of strings is bullshit. You dont hear it anyways.
i guess the only valid complaint is if someone screems 3 sec after they hit the ball.

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I agree with you about the men and pitch. Nadal will grunt LOUDLY from the first point.

Andy.
May 30th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Exactly no one ever complains about Nadal. In the past Kuerten was also very loud but there were never any complaints.

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Oh god Ferrer! And Gonzalez the cheat.

~{X}~
May 30th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Nadal sounds like a pig getting gutted. :tape:

AndreConrad
May 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM
It is fun to make fun of grunting players at times, however hating them for it is something I don't understand. Their focus is to win the match and I don't really care if their grunt is involuntary or learned behavior because they believ e it helps them play better :shrug:

Dominic
May 30th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I wish everyone would shut up about it too, if a player is focused on playing, they shouldnt even notice it. The only one that should really be shut up is Larcher De Brito, she is really going to far, it shouldnt be tolerated.

brayster87
May 30th, 2009, 02:00 AM
whatever happened to the days when you saw two players play tennis. I hate the fact that these young girls want to scream because they believe that it makes them hit harder. Sharapova is setting a bad example for young people who think it's alright to scream when they hit the ball!

For instance, I miss a great tennis match between Davenport and Clijsters. Here is evidence that you can still hit the ball hard WITHOUT screaming.

I just love hearing the ball go back and forth with no noise coming from the players.

Sadly, I don't think we'll see the likes of Davenport or Clijsters in future tennis....

This is a clip of Sharapova's grunt versus De Brito, this should not be allowed and it is ridiculous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVfCcBzMeA0

duhcity
May 30th, 2009, 02:01 AM
different pitch however.
oh and by the way not being able to hear the ball of strings is bullshit. You dont hear it anyways.
i guess the only valid complaint is if someone screems 3 sec after they hit the ball.

The point is that the pitch is annoying.
Soccer matches (In Europe I assume), and Basketball here in the states are loud, but the players arent fazed.
But if the crowd shrieked in a high pitched voice, with a weird wheezy blowing after, it would definitely disturb the players

Orbis
May 30th, 2009, 03:25 AM
There's always a gray area in this argument. I don't mind grunting and it can help players put power into their shots but some grunts seem extremely fabricated. Not going to mention any names it should be obvious and some of them are just over the top. And yeah the high pitch of the women's grunts can be really annoying and uncomfortable to listen to so it's more of an issue.

Szczecin
May 30th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Tipsarevic !? :help:

Sexysova
May 30th, 2009, 06:48 AM
men don't complain because they're more fair to each other IMO..

Archer16
May 30th, 2009, 06:50 AM
whatever happened to the days when you saw two players play tennis. I hate the fact that these young girls want to scream because they believe that it makes them hit harder. Sharapova is setting a bad example for young people who think it's alright to scream when they hit the ball!

For instance, I miss a great tennis match between Davenport and Clijsters. Here is evidence that you can still hit the ball hard WITHOUT screaming.

I just love hearing the ball go back and forth with no noise coming from the players.

Sadly, I don't think we'll see the likes of Davenport or Clijsters in future tennis....

This is a clip of Sharapova's grunt versus De Brito, this should not be allowed and it is ridiculous
Couldn't have said it better myself.

That's not true - some of the men are indeed (almost) as annoying as Pova, Serena and MLDB.

This sentence (referring to the players in question) is two words too long.

terjw
May 30th, 2009, 10:34 AM

Exactly :worship::worship::worship:

It is clearly not necessary when great players have played great without resorting to this din. the WTA are to blame for not nipping this in the bud when Seles started it all and when Sharapova took it to a new level. And now we have deBrito. Every new generation it will just get worse because the WTA have done nothing about it and refused to admit it is a problem.

As for the men grunting - yes the standard of what should be allowed should be applied fairly to all players. But I don't think any of the men have been clocked at anywhere near 101.2 decibels that Sharapova was.
http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/360/15717_sharapovasemif.html

LCS
May 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
TO :worship:

-jenks-
May 30th, 2009, 11:25 AM

I thought sharapova and Michelle's grunt were equal in loudness. :shrug:

Granted, Michelle's grunt was higher pitched and lasted longer though.

Lucemferre
May 30th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Exactly. Nadal, Kuerten many other south Americans, Spaniards grunt. Some of them very annoying and loud. But of course it's called natural and due to effort :o :barf:

brayster87
May 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I thought sharapova and Michelle's grunt were equal in loudness. :shrug:

Granted, Michelle's grunt was higher pitched and lasted longer though.

It is verging on wailing :help:

Corswandt
May 30th, 2009, 01:36 PM
different pitch however.

Thiago Alves and Frederico Gil scream louder than any woman.