PDA

View Full Version : Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez--any info?

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 29th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone,

So I'm doing player research for NBC's coverage of Roland Garros this year, and am trying to find out any human interest/personal info on Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez. The only issue is that while I have some knowledge of her through the board, NBC obviously wants proof of the facts that the commentators are going to talk about on air (via credible articles etc).

I know that she dropped off the tour at one point to have a baby and then had a miscarriage, but I can't find a single article where she talks about this or where it's even stated. Does anybody have any articles that either talk about this or have any background info on her? Even if they're in Spanish, that's just fine.

Thanks! :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 29th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Bump* ;) Any help would be awesome, especially some sort of article that confirms she had a miscarriage.

Sonf@
May 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
She didn't stop to have a baby but got pregnant by surprise ;)

Anyway, she had been slumping for a good two years and decided to stop for a while to reconstruct her mind.

I'll try to find an article that was posted here some time ago ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
She didn't stop to have a baby but got pregnant by surprise ;)

Anyway, she had been slumping for a good two years and decided to stop for a while to reconstruct her mind.

I'll try to find an article that was posted here some time ago ;)

That would be wonderful! Thank you so much.

darrinbaker00
May 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
That would be wonderful! Thank you so much.
I have to assume that you're not in Paris, because I'm sure you would have gone straight to the source otherwise.

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Um maybe you should search for that thread about the miscarriage. Maybe it has a link.

I guess you could talk about her winning her first title at 26 this year at Bogota? Her unique style (in comparison to spanish players)? I dunno i'm just making suggestions

Sonf@
May 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I found it but it's in Spanish.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/vida/curte/elpepudep/20090228elpepudep_6/Tes

If you need any help just type it here ;)

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I have to assume that you're not in Paris, because I'm sure you would have gone straight to the source otherwise.
Obviously, yes ;) I only got the job last week and NBC have already hired a stats person this year to be on-site for Roland Garros and Wimbledon, so this is additional research from my home in NYC because they're having trouble finding anything as well.

CoryAnnAvants#1
May 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I found it but it's in Spanish.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/vida/curte/elpepudep/20090228elpepudep_6/Tes

If you need any help just type it here ;)

THANK YOU! This is perfect :worship:

propi
May 30th, 2009, 12:13 AM
THANK YOU! This is perfect :worship:
Reading again that article is just scary... really, tennis gods wanted to have Mariajo back to proffesional tennis what a story she's left behind :worship: