PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's miraculous run continues, Nadal reigns supreme

tennispassion82
May 29th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Day six of the 2009 French Open witnessed the fall of Venus Williams and the rise of Maria Sharapova at the red clay of Roland Garros.

Former world number one Maria Sharapova continued her unexpected run at the red clay of Roland Garros with a convincing yet hard fought http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tennisNews/Sharapovas-miraculous-run-continues-Nadal-reigns-supreme-154022.htm

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Is miraculous a synonym for CAKEWALK??

Craig.
May 29th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Is miraculous a synonym for CAKEWALK??

RG R2: Maria Sharapova def. [11] Nadia Petrova 62 16 86.

kthxbye.

duhcity
May 29th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Beating Petrova wasn't a cakewalk.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Beating Petrova wasn't a cakewalk.
Hmmm. Petrova will always be petrova, no matter how good she is. :tape: She was never winning that match.

QUEENLINDSAY
May 29th, 2009, 10:22 PM
im afraid Maria's confidence is getting back sooner than expected.

Keegan
May 29th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Sharapova's run to the 4R has been basically a walk through meat in her high heels.
I'm surprised her shoulder hasn't given up on her, god forbid that ever happens of course.

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 10:32 PM
RG R2: Maria Sharapova def. [11] Nadia Petrova 62 16 86.

kthxbye.

............. No words.

When you beat a player who PERENNIALLY CHOKES leads then it most certainly is a cakewalk. Maria was lucky as HELL during that match that Petrova's groundstrokes conveniently flew straight out of the court on important points.

darkangel5452
May 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM
............. No words.

When you beat a player who PERENNIALLY CHOKES leads then it most certainly is a cakewalk. Maria was lucky as HELL during that match that Petrova's groundstrokes conveniently flew straight out of the court on important points.

Just like Serena was lucky in 2007 during OZ, wasn't she? Petrova totally choked, but you don't care, for u Serena was just too good:rolleyes:

jacobruiz
May 29th, 2009, 10:39 PM
When Maria gets a seeded player, it's a cakewalk for Masha. When their fave gets the same player, it's another tough match-up for Serena. :rolleyes:

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Well serena actually hit a bunch of winners and aces to break and hold serve to win the second set. UNLIKE sharapova when she was down that second break But i do agree Serena has been on the recieving end of chokes most recently the Kuznetsova one.

blamoh
May 29th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Is miraculous a synonym for CAKEWALK??You really made me laugh
the whole time. But Sharapova is really playing
good tennis during this tournament. Maybe she
has some problems, she is doing well I suppose.

Cakeisgood
May 29th, 2009, 10:56 PM
............. No words.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Emina.
May 29th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Sharapova's miraculous run continues yaay!!!! :inlove:

harloo
May 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
We all knew if Maria played decent she was going to get through Petrova. Let's not pretend that she was mentally on the same level as Maria. The only top player looking good is Safina at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually won the title this year.:)