PDA

View Full Version : R3: Azarenka vs. Suarez Navarro 5-7 7-5 (Play suspended)

-jenks-
May 29th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Good job for Azarenka to come back. She was down in the second set.

VIKA?
May 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM
What a second set:drool::hearts::bigclap:

win tommorrow with a bagel please:angel:

Ajrob
May 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Vika is SO annoying to watch, she argues every point and throws her racket each 5 seconds, bad acttitude girl, show some respect, i hope Carla finishes u tomorrow.

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
What a bizarre match. I was shocked at Azarenka's poor play for about a set and a half. I was surprised she turned it around.

Pen Expers
May 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM
That second set was the best of the tournament and one of the best I've seen in the women's game for years. Fantastic stuff. Variation, long rallies, dropshots that worked, shots on the line.

Sharpie4me
May 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Vika :rolleyes: destroy her tomorrow :mad:

Blu€
May 29th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Carla :fiery: you should have finished her off at 4-1 in the second!

saul1333
Good job getting the 2nd set.

Vika was in bad shape, everything was getting on her nerves, the crowd, Navarro's great shot making.

Please take it tomorrow.

DownTheLine21
If the match had continued, I definitely would have given Azarenka the edge. I'm not sure who will come out on top tomorrow.

Nalla
May 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I was really hoping that Carla would finish it in two..
:rolleyes:

Temperenka
That was the most drama filled "match" of the tournament. Vika served for the first set and then choked it away. Carla was so comfortable in the second and her consistency more than got to Vika. She was crying, hitting her racket, the crowd was booing her, her box was yelling at the crowd, and all of the sudden she was down 1-4 and it looked more than done. However, one of the most amazing turnarounds ever by hitting very deep and also be hitting excellent drop shots. She needs to be settled down tonight, I love her attitude usually.. but tonight was way too much.

Philip
I love Viki :hearts:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 29th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Carla was pathetic.:o Was 4-2 up in second.:tape: Serve was broken often.:tape:
But Vika :rocker2: Hit like only 4 winners after 1 and a half set?:o and 20++ UEs.:o before coming back and win the second set.:o

bjurra
Carla :fiery: you should have finished her off at 4-1 in the second!

Wasnt Carlas fault, Vika went into trance mode. Must have taken a magic pill at 5-7 1-4.

CSN-4TW
Nothing to say here... iam... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

homogenius
choke job.Hope CSN will regroup for the last set tomorrow

fish_wilson
May 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
And I have to ask: What do you want from the players? To show absolutely no emotions on court and play in total silence? Might as well stage some mute robots to do the playing then. They are all humans they act like human beings and they show their emotions in the best place possible to show emotions; Nobody gets hurt like in some other places people choose to show their emotions. Hell yeah! Bring those feelings to the courts!

~{X}~
Omg Vika sounds like a complete brat. :o

Noctis
Both Could Have Finisih In 2,i Guess Ana Will Sitting At The Hotel Fist Pumping.

ce
:yeah:
beat her tomoz Aza :rocker:

Bероника
May 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
please Carla finish tomorrow what you couldn't today.Vamos!!!! :D

Dave.
May 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Wow, it's been alot closer than I had expected, really gotta write off indoor clay as any indication for outdoor clay.

Rest up and come back strong tommorow Vika :armed: Surprisingly, it's Suarez-Navarro who has been all the way to 2 GS QF's and Vika is yet to make that breakthrough, might be telling if this match goes to the latter stages of a final set. Hope not. :scared:

tucker1989
May 29th, 2009, 07:59 PM
That second set was amazing stuff. Carla playing beautiful tennis at the beginning, dictating play with that gorgeous backhand and tracking down drive after drive. Azarenka's comeback was the most exciting tennis I've watched so far this tournament, though. Her instant, infinite improvement in play was not only surprising but also enthralling, as she hit some stunning winners. I was on my feet as she put away some of those drop shots and might wake up extra early to catch what should be an exciting conclusion.

itzhak
May 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Great match, very emotional Vika and the crowds were very noisy, fun to watch...

Pen Expers
May 29th, 2009, 08:00 PM
The match was amazing, tense, tight. That's what people should care about, not someone losing their cool now and then and cursing themselves. Is soap opera chat more interesting than talking about the extremely high level of play from both girls in the second set? The great rallies?

Derek.
May 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Keep fighting, Vika. :hug:

Uranus
May 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Vika tried so hard to give her both sets! :lol:
Up *5-4 in each.

jj74
May 29th, 2009, 08:05 PM
And I have to ask: What do you want from the players? To show absolutely no emotions on court and play in total silence? Might as well stage some mute robots to do the playing then. They are all humans they act like human beings and they show their emotions in the best place possible to show emotions; Nobody gets hurt like in some other places people choose to show their emotions. Hell yeah! Bring those feelings to the courts!

One thing is show emotions, and other different is to act like a spoiled brat

VIKA?
May 29th, 2009, 08:06 PM

:worship:

VIKA?
May 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
One thing is show emotions, and other different is to act like a spoiled brat

I am sorry but you are not right;) Vika was just showing her emotions and if you're mad just because Carla lost that 2nd set don't pay it with Vika;)

KazeKarter
May 29th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Great match so far, some amazing shots.

Vika's fiery. Racket tossing, crowd-yelling and all I love it.:p

Can't wait for the conclusion tomorrow:)

M.P
May 29th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Come on Vika Done her tomorrow with 6-2!

M-K
May 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
COME ON Vika!!!
Awesome fight!!
I honestly thought it was done at 5-7/1-4.. Vika looked like she was ready to stop.. And crying? Woah.. She needs to learn how to stay calm!

PLEASE win tomorrow!!!

jj74
May 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I am sorry but you are not right;) Vika was just showing her emotions and if you're mad just because Carla lost that 2nd set don't pay it with Vika;)

No, in fact i like Vika's game, but her attitude sucks

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Missed the 1st set.

But the 2nd set was certainly pretty intriguing. During the 1st half Azarenka was at her most unpleasant, playing ugly tennis and showing a brattish self-pitying personality. She looked like a goner and as far as I was concerned, good riddance.

Then something seemed to happen to her and suddenly her attitude changed totally and she really started show some real fight and a personality which was quite likable. She even smiled a bit.

And her tennis changed too. After a set and a half where Azarenka had only 3 winners, Azarenka started really hitting some very impressive winners. And what I liked was that she started mixing in some incredible touchshots and dropshots. Zowie. So I have to say credit to her for turning things around so dramatically there.

gmak
May 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
vika :scared:
I have faith she will win this now

champion88
May 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Vika served for it at 5-4 first set. Had the same in second set and thought she would lose it again when it went 5-5 but she hung tough. Hopefully she can take it tomorrow (plus I will win my accumulator if she wins!!):p

Juju Nostalgique
May 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Vamos Vika! :worship: Métele un 6-0! :yeah:

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
i watched most of it and really the final set can go either way. vika could come out blasting winners or carla could come out moving the ball around well again, it would be great if they both came out for the 3rd set playing great, as i felt the match was pretty good but when one played well the other seemed to fall off.

gentenaire
May 29th, 2009, 08:54 PM
This is clear prejudice on behalf of the French Open organisers! Azarenka have given them the worst schedule ever. They'd never suspend play at Wimbledon. I see a direct link with the way the French generally treat Eastern Europeans and Spanish.

tea
May 29th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I hope Carla will finish her tomorrow.:angel: Should have made it today though.:o

taevaughn
May 29th, 2009, 09:04 PM
this wouldve been awesome qtr or semi. go vika! :)

M-K
May 29th, 2009, 09:09 PM
When is it on tomorrow? :S

Dodoboy.
May 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM
That second set was the best of the tournament and one of the best I've seen in the women's game for years. Fantastic stuff. Variation, long rallies, dropshots that worked, shots on the line.

I'm sorry but every point looked the same :o

Why were none of them coming in?

Carla has some amazing defensive shots, i wish Vee had half of that. Gets it deep and makes it very difficult for her opponent to hit through her! :worship:

I hated the angle of the camera!

Wintermute
May 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Very exciting match so far.

I love the contrast between the two players. Vika is totally loopy but when she brings it together her powerful shot-making is stunning. I'm really enjoying Carla's style of play. The timing off her backhand is amazing. I'd like to see if she can develop her game further, get better on her forehand and serve.

I hope the resumption gets on a televised court.

kman
May 29th, 2009, 09:27 PM
This is clear prejudice on behalf of the French Open organisers! Azarenka have given them the worst schedule ever. They'd never suspend play at Wimbledon. I see a direct link with the way the French generally treat Eastern Europeans and Spanish.

Huh? It's not the first match that's been suspended this year's FO. Williams had a match suspended and Caroline had a match suspended.

Beat
May 29th, 2009, 09:29 PM
er, gentenaire was, like, you know, like, kidding, you know.

let's hope carla comes out all guns blazing tomorrow. :armed:

kman
May 29th, 2009, 09:39 PM
When / where do they play tomorrow? I'd like to catch the conclusion to this...

Kart
May 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I decided that she was deliberately being a drama queen to wind the crowd up after watching some of the match.

On some level, I actually respect that as they can give players a very hard time.

Not sure it's a winning tactic though for the long term.

carlasuarezfan
May 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Carla, vamos a por el partido!!!

Protoss
May 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM
At 1-4 2nd set Azarenka had 3 winners 25 unforced errors for the match (1 winner 7 unforced errors in the 2nd set), Suarez Navarro had 16 winners 16 unforced errors (5 winners 2 unforced errors in the 2nd set).

From 1-4 2nd set to 7-5 2nd set Azarenka had 15 winners 8 unforced errors, Suarez Navarro had 4 winners 5 unforced errors.

charlieluvtennis
May 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Good luck Carla! :bigclap:

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I think the delay will help Carla. Whoever wins Ivanovic should take care of them anyway.

ViennaCalling
May 30th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Go CSN :D

nicidle
May 30th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Day 7 OOP does not have this match at the moment???

Tamus
May 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Could someone please tell me what the fuss was in the crowd on the change of ends at 5-4 in the 2nd. There seemed to be some sort of commotion but the camera didn't show it.

Koon
May 30th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Go Vika :yeah: finishes this curly :silly: :rolleyes:

danieln1
May 30th, 2009, 04:01 AM
They´re not on Saturday´s schedule... very good news for Ana!!!!

Leo_DFP
May 30th, 2009, 04:20 AM
So strange that they're not on Saturday's schedule... WTF?

But I have to say, Vika's play from 1-4 down in the 2nd was just amazing. The best play of the tournament was produced during that stretch (not including Safina, who is at a level unto her own at the moment). What I noticed was that Azarenka's attitude changed - she loosened up, starting laughing and smiling, even after long and hard-fought rallies that she lost. And that change in attitude allowed her to swing more freely on her shots. When she is hitting the ball that hard and that precisely, there's nothing anyone can do besides a select few on the tour! I found it funny how the crowd was booing her when she was throwing her racquet but then they gave her a standing ovation at the end of the 2nd set because of her grit and determination. I think they appreciated her passion.

Vika vs. Carla for a shot at Ana in the 16s for a shot at Dinara in the quarters = ONE LOADED DRAW!

supergrunt
May 30th, 2009, 04:21 AM
little serena versus little henin :awww:

frupachino
May 30th, 2009, 06:21 AM
DAMN i can't believe i missed this match!!! it sounded amazing!!! azarenka i love so much because of her passion. she definitely does seem to be unbeatable when she's got it together, only that sometimes takes a while... i also fell in love with suarez-navarro when she beat venus in the aus open this year, such an amazing match/effort.
ANYWAY, when the hell is this on? must watch the concluding set. according the official roland garros site it's on at 11am french time and it's like 8am there now.

(go vikaaa)

VIKA?
May 30th, 2009, 06:44 AM
DAMN i can't believe i missed this match!!! it sounded amazing!!! azarenka i love so much because of her passion. she definitely does seem to be unbeatable when she's got it together, only that sometimes takes a while... i also fell in love with suarez-navarro when she beat venus in the aus open this year, such an amazing match/effort.
ANYWAY, when the hell is this on? must watch the concluding set. according the official roland garros site it's on at 11am french time and it's like 8am there now.

(go vikaaa)

Where did you see that?:awww:

frupachino
May 30th, 2009, 07:41 AM
on the schedule on the official site... perhaps i looked at it wrong.
*checks again*

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/scores/schedule/index.html

oh nevermind sorry, i just realised that was for friday. NEVERMIND ME.

so does anyone know when they are playing???

Petkorazzi
May 30th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I think she is up first. :confused: www.livescore.com/tennis.dll lists her as first match...

The OOP was made before the match was over so I guess they will make a slight adjustment to it. :)

frupachino
May 30th, 2009, 07:51 AM
hmm so would that be around this time tomorrow? or soon today? haha i can never work out the time differences... *dumb* (it's nearly 6pm here in australia)

Petkorazzi
May 30th, 2009, 07:53 AM
That would mean in 1 hour and 10 minutes. :p

frupachino
May 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
yay thankyou! let's hope it's actually on. :D

VIKA?
May 30th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks Gigi:)

Petkorazzi
May 30th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I think it must be played today... Shouldn't the winner play R4 tommorow? QF on tuesday, semis on thursday and final on saturday - that should be the schedule.

LeonHart
May 30th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Carla...finish it tomorrow please. Can't stand Azarenka and her bratty attitude!!

Mikey B
May 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
so are they playing today???

Aaric
May 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
so are they playing today???

I think so :drool:

frupachino
May 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM
where can i watch the match? links to a live stream please anyone?

Nacho
May 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
they are scheduled to play after the haas-chardy match

VIKA?
May 30th, 2009, 09:15 AM
they are scheduled to play after the haas-chardy match

great:D

freeandlonely
May 30th, 2009, 10:02 AM
3rd round? A bit early.
Vera:rolleyes:

CSN-4TW