PDA

View Full Version : Rezai : " There is NO comparaison with Sharapova"

darkangel5452
May 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
This is totally different from Maria Sharapova, said Rezai during the press conference. She yells way too loud. Maybe she wants to impress the opponent. I was really embarrassed. It is a shame because she plays really well, she is very talented.

I totally get ur point, she needs to shut up.

http://www.sport365.fr/tennis/grands-chelems/roland-garros/article_321187_tennis-roland-garros-f-Au-bonheur-de-Rezai.shtml

Julian.
May 29th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Rezai :worship::kiss:

Maria Croft
May 29th, 2009, 08:35 PM
And that's just true, it is very different, much louder and much longer, really annoying.

She makes all the grunters out there look bad.

nevetssllim
May 29th, 2009, 08:36 PM
A very mature response from Aravane :) I'm becoming a fan.

oleada
May 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Aravane's gained a fan in me with her attitude towards MLDB todaay. :)

volta
May 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
wasn't this interview posted already?

anyway of course it's nothing like Sharapova's or Serena's etc. Michelle's lasts for like 5 secs and is really loud.

someone here said that she doesn't do it when she practices so its not like she can't just tone it down a bit :shrug:

yeah i know the intensity needed on practice is totally different but still ...

Lucemferre
May 29th, 2009, 08:48 PM
What a coward Rezai is. Sucking up to Sharapova who is very loud too but criticizing Michelle.

Caravane :o

Monica_Rules
May 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
^
What? How is she a coward? Shes already said that she has complained about Maria in the past but that Michelle is 10 times worse

NeoZod19
May 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM
i think it's the high pitch sound that drives everyone crazy

fnuf7
May 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I think I'm becoming a Rezai fan :)

Dominic
May 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Aravane's gained a fan in me with her attitude towards MLDB todaay. :)

HAHA me too.

KournikovaFan91
May 29th, 2009, 11:08 PM
It is different from Sharapova's it is amazingly annoying.

It is so fake and false, 1000X more annoying than Sharapova.

goldenlox
May 29th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Both of them are annoying. It's a tactic, not something a player has to do.
It's long overdue that they start dealing with screams just like they deal with long delays before serving

duhcity
May 29th, 2009, 11:12 PM
What a coward Rezai is. Sucking up to Sharapova who is very loud too but criticizing Michelle.

Caravane :o

Well aren't you an idiot.
I can take Marias even if I dont like it, but MLDB has a squeal-shriek that is loud pitched, long, and overall loud

Plus Michelle's fistpumping is also at an Ivanovic level, almost after every damn point.
Definitely became a fan of Aravene today.

And it's sad because watching MLDB with the sound muted is amazing (and btw, Rezai too is pretty good.)

And the match is really good as well. I'm watching the first set now, and the tenseness, the closeness and the underlying drama makes it pretty good.

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
This is really pathetic. She is more concerned with humiliating a 16 year old girl than with winning.
As michelle ages she will lose the drama grunt but there is no need to make such a big deal about it now. Rezai should be ashamed.

Ferg
May 29th, 2009, 11:46 PM
This is really pathetic. She is more concerned with humiliating a 16 year old girl than with winning.
As michelle ages she will lose the drama grunt but there is no need to make such a big deal about it now. Rezai should be ashamed.

Oh please, if Arvane wanted to humiliate her then she wouldnt have acted so classy and restrained during the interview. She couldve said a LOT more, and nobody wouldve disagreed with her. Michelle humiliated herself with her behaviour on the court today.

youizahoe
May 29th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Rezai is jealous cause she will never have Michelle's talent? :tape:

Ciarán
May 29th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Aravane :worship:

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Classy is recognising the appropriate need and situation to make complaints such as this. I've seen several articles and heard commentators criticising Michelle today. Can you imagine being 16 and being subjected to such on such a wide scale?
As the older person Rezai should have recognised that maybe there was a less "out there" way to deal with this issue.

darkangel5452
May 29th, 2009, 11:53 PM

Sure she's talented, noone yells like that, NOONE.

Bina_Bolska_Fan
May 29th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Classy is recognising the appropriate need and situation to make complaints such as this. I've seen several articles and heard commentators criticising Michelle today. Can you imagine being 16 and being subjected to such on such a wide scale?
As the older person Rezai should have recognised that maybe there was a less "out there" way to deal with this issue.
She dealt with it ,she went on playing and winning on the court.
At the interwiew,she was exhausted being questionned about Michelle's grunts and focused on the match itself.

The Witch-king
May 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM
She dealt with it ,she went on playing and winning on the court.
At the interwiew,she was exhausted being questionned about Michelle's grunts and focused on the match itself.

i'm saying she should have kept her mouth shut and not complained on court. Who's to say that wasn't a tactic to put de Brito off by angering her?

hugo2004
May 30th, 2009, 12:13 AM
See Michelle vs Sveta last year in the Rogers Cup, it was much more noisy and Sveta didn´t complaint. Rezai is just ridiculous.

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM
That's because Kuznetsova is not some wannabe diva. She knows how to win without starting drama.... Did she win that btw??

Bina_Bolska_Fan
May 30th, 2009, 12:20 AM
i'm saying she should have kept her mouth shut and not complained on court. Who's to say that wasn't a tactic to put de Brito off by angering her?

Who's to say that these grunts are not a tactic to impress and disturb her opponents?

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Who's to say that these grunts are not a tactic to impress and disturb her opponents?

that's like saying Serena should have put her hand up during Justine's service games/otherwise cheated in 03.
Two (alleged) wrongs don't make it right. Esp when u are the older one, you should know better

Solitaire
May 30th, 2009, 12:46 AM
that's like saying Serena should have put her hand up during Justine's service games/otherwise cheated in 03.
Two (alleged) wrongs don't make it right. Esp when u are the older one, you should know better

Exactly! Rezai started to grunt cause she was bothered by Brito's grunt that's VERY mature and classy.... So we know for sure Rezai was doing it on purpose which shows how petty she really is. I honestly don't believe Brito does it on purpose. People said the same things about Monica and Maria.

This is true but of course the opposite can also be said. I highly doubt this is an acutal tactic, to me it just seems natural to her.

KournikovaFan91
May 30th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Michelle is a real spoilt brat of a teenager who was taught to grunt, it is strange how most of Bolleteriis allumni grunt while the players who trained in Europe don't.

She also has that horrible broken American accent.

She acted like a spolit bitch in the press conference, she should save all that screaming for when she is legal (well she is in UK but for the US).

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 12:52 AM
To me the most significant thing is her age. If i were her or her brother and i heard the way the commentators where talking about her or the crowd booing... I'd be hurt. You have to use tact when dealing with people of that age.

KournikovaFan91
May 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM
People that age, in many countries she has the right to do most adult activities, e.g drive, have sex, etc.

She is a big girl now, Kournikova was already becomming a strong media woman at 16.

16 year olds aren't all innocent.

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 12:59 AM

That's irrelevant as Aravane won the match. She has nothing to be jealous of, she's in the second week, Michelle isn't.

It's women's tennis. If you can't deal with stuff like this then don't play. 16 year-olds shouldn't be treated any different from anyone else. Michelle brings this on herself. I'm glad someone, Rezai, finally stood up to this and said enough is enough. Hopefully more do the same and it stops as soon as possible. It's totally ridiculous.

faboozadoo15
May 30th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Someone REALLY needs to post some good clips of this grunt or direct me. All I'm finding on Youtube is relatively banal. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

KournikovaFan91
May 30th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I saw it on a highlights show on TG4. Very good.

I LOVE Rezai she may make my sig now if I dump Robson or Zvonareva.

Dave.
May 30th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Someone REALLY needs to post some good clips of this grunt or direct me. All I'm finding on Youtube is relatively banal. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

7-7WLIqa2M0

The Witch-king
May 30th, 2009, 01:06 AM
People that age, in many countries she has the right to do most adult activities, e.g drive, have sex, etc.

She is a big girl now, Kournikova was already becomming a strong media woman at 16.

16 year olds aren't all innocent.

well this is my personal opinion, but i think complaining about grunts is a waste of time. You should be focused on the match itself instead of creating unnecessary drama whether opponent is 16 or 39. It's like when Patty did what she did to Conchita. Totally unnecessary.
If you are an adult you should be aware that there are ways to solve differences that do not involve creating hostility. Just my opinion and how i woul try and handle it. Maybe others are differenti.

KournikovaFan91
May 30th, 2009, 01:20 AM
The only thing more annoying than Michelle from the above clip is the EXPERT Tracey Austin. :mad:

Kipling
May 30th, 2009, 01:43 AM

I'm curious--what are you smoking that makes you think a player who has taken zero of four sets played, losing three of them 6-1, 6-2 and 6-2, has more talent than someone who's actually won a WTA tour title? Tennis is full of big-hitting mental midgets, and the Taco is definitely headed in that direction.

Yohime
May 30th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Rezai's outfit was too slutty today imo. She could give Lindsay Lohan a run for her money.

KournikovaFan91
May 30th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I love when the girls slut it up :) :) :)

hence why I always loved Kournikova :p

Lord Choc Ice
May 30th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Go Aravane.

I hate Michelle. I hope she dies. :p

FERLKE
May 30th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Sharapova is most annoying player ever :help:

woosey
May 30th, 2009, 04:02 AM
rezai needs to focus on getting her ass into the gym, on the treadmill, and on a damn diet.

duhcity
May 30th, 2009, 04:34 AM
well this is my personal opinion, but i think complaining about grunts is a waste of time. You should be focused on the match itself instead of creating unnecessary drama whether opponent is 16 or 39. It's like when Patty did what she did to Conchita. Totally unnecessary.
If you are an adult you should be aware that there are ways to solve differences that do not involve creating hostility. Just my opinion and how i woul try and handle it. Maybe others are differenti.

Rezai asked the chair umpire to ask De Brito to quiet down, a completely valid request. Just the chair umpire (who btw was absolutely horrible) didn't do his job.
Plus, clearly she was focused on the match as she won in straights.

Plus, why wouldn't she want to stop something that was seriously bothering her? Rezai isn't a top 20 or 30 player, nor is she a 16 year old phenom. Going just one round further for the ranking points into the top 50 and the money is probably important to her singularly than it is for the tip top.

Also, De Brito, as she is on the women's tour, should be treated as a woman. If she wanted to play a teenaged level and tempered game, she could go play Juniors and Futures.

Plus, ironic that you're talking about things that are unnecessary, when hey her shrieking was unnecessary!
I don't think people really attack Maria or Venus for their grunts and shrieks even if it bothers them. It's players like De Brito and Garbin who face more backlash because they're so over the top. The odd wheezy end of the shriek that Michelle does continues on until her opponent hits the ball at times.

And then theres Michelles Come Ons. I don't mind Ana or Maria. But is there a need to fist pump 2 to 4 times after a point, and yell come on twice?

danieln1
May 30th, 2009, 04:47 AM
rezai needs to focus on getting her ass into the gym, on the treadmill, and on a damn diet.

:worship:
I agree with that, she has a big belly...

Anyway, I´m with Michelle on this issue... People very rarely complain about Maria, so why a qualifier has to tone down her grunting?? And as she said, she played 5 matches and no one complained, so why today the frenchwoman had to complain??? Shame michelle didn´t won this, because she´s so talented and I think she´ll be a better player than Rezai years from now

young_gunner913
May 30th, 2009, 05:05 AM

did she not win the match?

its not about embarrassing michelle. she's already doing that on her own.
shes just telling her to shut the hell up. take rezai's advice as well.

Alizé Molik
May 30th, 2009, 05:19 AM
ugh this board really annoys me - if it's one of your favs you'll support them to the bitter end in the face of overwhelming logic and common sense, but you'll all be slamming some other girl for the same thing next week.

If MLDB can't handle being critisized, then she shouldn't be playing tennis. She's not some innocent little wall flower anyway, she has a massive attitude that's clearly been cultivated by years of people telling her that she was headed for GOAT status. To the people saying that it was a tactic by Rezai, get a life! Aravane is not the sort of player that ever uses gamesmanship in her matches, and she won today by outplaying her opponent and staying tough mentally.

morningglory
May 30th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Fellow Maria fans, cut the girl and her fans some slack pls... (I urge you to remember the days where Masha was being bashed for her screaming and how annoying the crap against her was) Karma is a bitch you know...

Sally Todd
May 30th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Larcher de Brito's shrieks are campy as hell. I laughed out loud at the sole point from the match I've been able to see.

Sounds like video game missiles being dropped.

Kinda like the sound effect in Gap Band's "You Dropped a Bomb on Me." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5lIYpV8b54)

But Rezai dropped the hammer on her. :smash:

The shrieks are too funny to hate. But the attitude that they're fine and sporting is foul.

kris719
May 30th, 2009, 07:19 AM
wow, only the same as 3984638924 players on tour. seriously though, everyone does it. what's the problem with this case?

Maria Croft
May 30th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Fellow Maria fans, cut the girl and her fans some slack pls... (I urge you to remember the days where Masha was being bashed for her screaming and how annoying the crap against her was) Karma is a bitch you know...

I'm sorry, but why? Have you actually heard her yourself?
Her grunt is the worst one I've ever heard, and there are many players out there besides Maria who have a loud grunt, but nothing like this girl.

Or should I like her just because both she and Maria grunt? I don't think so, it doesn't work like that.

WhatTheDeuce
May 30th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Seles is my all time favorite player. I quite like Sharapova. In fact, I quite like Michelle's game as well, she's extremely fun to watch.

However... she really does grunt LOUDER, LONGER and more HIGH-PITCHED than anyone I've ever heard. It was even more shocking when I saw her live in Montreal, every time she hit the ball the crowd would either gasp or laugh at the sounds she was producing. It's like, when Maria is in FULL-ON grunt mode, late in a match, super intense... that's the equivalent of Michelle's "toned down" grunt. It's kind of insane. Now personally, it's not something I would be bothered by, and as a spectator, I think it adds to the drama. That all said, I still think Aravane had every right to complain, since she felt it was hampering her, which is totally understandable. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Rezai fan or I hate grunters, but this is a one-of-a-kind sound, and I could see how still hearing the screaming as you're hitting the ball could be distracting. A rule should be made as far as how loud (decibel levels) and how long you can grunt.

Allez Aravane. :hearts:

eck
May 30th, 2009, 08:31 AM
The 'shriek heard 'round the world' must be muffled

By Martin Rogers

It would be a heck of a lot easier for women's tennis officials if Michelle Larcher de Brito wasn't going to be any good. As it is, the 16-year-old Portuguese phenomenon is on course to become the "shriek heard 'round the world."

Larcher de Brito, who lost a third-round clash to Frenchwoman Aravane Rezai on Friday, could be the next big thing in the women's game, having been developed by Nick Bollettieri in Florida and apparently ready to start challenging the world's best.

The problem is, she also is by far the biggest assault on the eardrums in a sport full of grunters and screamers.

If you haven't heard Larcher de Brito in action yet, it is hard to imagine the piercing sound she creates. Think Maria Sharapova, multiplied by Monica Seles, added to an untrained hand slashing away at a violin.

Some of the teenager's shrieks lasted so long that they were still hanging in the air as Rezai was playing the next shot.

Partly because she was playing a local, partly because they just like to get antsy, the Roland Garros crowd was swift to turn on Larcher de Brito, showering her with jeers and catcalls.

WTA Tour officials clustered at courtside to monitor the situation, yet the issue of grunts and squeals is a tough one for tennis chiefs.

The WTA is loath to intervene, primarily because doing so could put it at odds with one of its most recognizable stars, Sharapova.

Larcher de Brito, though, could force its hand and even lead to a change in the rules.

Whereas Sharapova does tennis far more good than harm, Larcher de Brito's tortured exhortations easily could turn fans away from their television screens.

Clearly something needs to be done, and quickly.

There simply is no legitimate need to deliver such a long and murderous shriek every time the ball is struck, however much effort is being put into the shot.

With all the technology making itself a staple of world tennis, like Hawkeye and net cord sensors, surely the addition of a decibel-meter wouldn't be too intrusive?

If players have the license to scream, many of them will do so. Many will claim their verbals are involuntary.

But if over-the-top shrieking is punishable by the loss of points or even games, see how quickly the volume magically is turned down.

Let's hope Larcher de Brito, an exciting talent, makes a big noise on tour. But not like this.

I haven't seen MLDB play till her match with Aravane. She has the shots, but the noise is so offputting. :tape:
Sometimes she sounds louder than the commentators.

Sharapowerr
May 30th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Sharapova grunts , Michelle screams

Play_Suspended
May 30th, 2009, 08:57 AM
This was in the paper this morning, so at least they're looking at doing something. Whether it'll have any effect or not...

The Times has learnt that tennis officials from the grand-slam tournament office will seek a meeting with the teenager before Wimbledon, to determine if there is anything that can be done to quieten her.

cherboy
May 30th, 2009, 09:32 AM
i'm not against grunting on the court.
i do it myself and i love monica seles.
but what lacher de brito did was absolutely sceaming! :mad:
when she becomes a child she'll scream the same way!!!
it's not about breathing...

so please: :tape::tape::tape:

Joe.
May 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
michelle's grunt is way over the top and she needs to calm it down, and this is coming from a fan of michelle.

pancake
May 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM

And it's Rezai's opinion that MLDB is too loud. It's not like she is saying the same thing over and over and over again, it's just that she's kept being asked the same question, and she gave the answer.

She didn't do anything to 'create hostility', did you actually read her interview? I don't even think she has anything against MLDB personally. And I don't know what other ways she can have to 'solve the problem', buy her a muzzle as a gift?

pancake
May 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM
:worship:
I agree with that, she has a big belly...

Anyway, I´m with Michelle on this issue... People very rarely complain about Maria, so why a qualifier has to tone down her grunting?? And as she said, she played 5 matches and no one complained, so why today the frenchwoman had to complain??? Shame michelle didn´t won this, because she´s so talented and I think she´ll be a better player than Rezai years from now

LOL, that's because Sharapova's grunt is nothing compared with hers. And just because no one has complained in her previous 4 matches doesn't mean it's not a problem. Seriously where's your head?

In The Zone
May 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM
For all the people saying Rezai should have focused on the match and not the grunting ....

How can you focus when you basically have someone screaming as if they are giving birth to 34 obese children at the same time each time they hit the ball?

volta
May 30th, 2009, 10:09 AM
The english tabloids will eat her alive if she enters the MD of Wimbledon and refuses to tone it down just because there is no rule against it. this wont be pretty and although i don't agree with the french crowd boos she got lucky that it was a Match played so early in the morning and the stadium wasn't that much packed. Things wouldn't be pretty if she had to play after the lunch hour

perseus2006
May 30th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Rezai should concentrate on her side of the net, her attitude and her mental strength. I would agree that there was a case if MLDB shrieked as Rezai went to strike the ball - but that never happened.

The next thing will be Rezai complaining about the linesmen's screaming "fault" or "out"; then about the noisy fans breathing during points; then about bugs divebombing her; then ...

Oh yeah, kudos to Rezai for managing to win.

ViennaCalling
May 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
7-7WLIqa2M0

OMG :help: :lol:

ViennaCalling
May 30th, 2009, 10:31 AM
For all the people saying Rezai should have focused on the match and not the grunting ....

How can you focus when you basically have someone screaming as if they are giving birth to 34 obese children at the same time each time they hit the ball?

:spit: :haha:

SVK
May 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I must agree with Aravane

janko
May 30th, 2009, 11:34 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

Great one.

I had another version : we need to help Michelle to stick out her dildo, it's bothering her when moving.;)

She's young, she'll stop this unnatural grunt.

Kipling
May 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
God bless Martina Navratilova. Did you hear what she had to say on this today?

She said that not only is is a distraction to the player trying to hear the ball come off of her strings, she drags it on and carries it out until well after the other player has hit the ball. She pointed out that the umpire really failed to take control of the situation--he could have, and should have started taking points away from her every time the shriek went on once the ball was past the net.

Something needs to be done. Listening to her on the changeovers yesterday it's obvious she's an arrogant little pissant and the only way she'll learn is to be penalized. Then she'll shut up.

It stops being tennis at the point where she's taken it and turns into a mere shouting match, some other form of "sport". It's sad that she feels she has to yell in order to help her try to win.

améliemomo
May 30th, 2009, 11:54 AM

:haha::haha:

that's exactly that ,thanks for the good laugh

G&R
May 30th, 2009, 12:28 PM
she's right..MLDB grunts are so annoying

mckyle.
May 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I'm watching Dominguez Lino's match right now, and her grunt is very much like Schiavone's; loud, deep, and five seconds after she's hit the ball. No one complains about it though. Probably because she's not a 16 year old girl who's already challenging at the majors :)

Lulu.
May 30th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I like Aravane but she's being over dramatic. :o

Boomguy
May 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM
It is louder than Sharapovas for sure. Not as high as Azarenka however

Amukinado
May 30th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Let's make one point here... Shouting and screaming is wrong and it should be more controlled.

BUT, Michelle is not the first doing it and for sure she's not the worst, she NEVER screams until the opponent hits the ball and you can see that in that clip video of a 15 year old owning a top 5 player, Rezai complained 5 or 6 times always when she was losing (it seemed like the screaming was not uncomfortable anymore when she won the games) and Michelle took it almost all match without saying a word. After 5 or 6 times interrupting the game to go to the referee when losing, for me goes the same way as Fakovic when he calls the fisio when he's tired. Bitchy atitude? And what about trying to break the rythim of your opponent when she's winning? Michelle took the French bs to long, she sould have told Rezai to shut the f*ck up and play tennis at the first time she complained.

It's incredible how people always hate young talents when they really start achieving big things... Just see some interviews of Michelle and you'll see that she's a nice humble girl, that only cares about playing her game and winning playing better. To bad other players hide thelimitations with not so honest tactics.

Keadz
May 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I don't have a problem with Michelle at all, I enjoy watching her game and I kind of enjoyed her bitchiness.

But her screaming needs to fuck off. It is ridiculous, she knows it is and I an amazed how anybody can do that without realizing how stupid they look.

Love Rezai, she is a legend!

Amukinado
May 30th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I don't have a problem with Michelle at all, I enjoy watching her game and I kind of enjoyed her bitchiness.

But her screaming needs to fuck off. It is ridiculous, she knows it is and I an amazed how anybody can do that without realizing how stupid they look.

Love Rezai, she is a legend!

I would still like that she controlled the screaming, but because it's annoying for the spectator. Still I thing using that as an excuse to be losing games or points, it's just ridiculous. And interrupting a game 4 or 5 times like Rezai did, only after losing points or games, that is cheating.

Iceland
May 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I would still like that she controlled the screaming, but because it's annoying for the spectator. Still I thing using that as an excuse to be losing games or points, it's just ridiculous. And interrupting a game 4 or 5 times like Rezai did, only after losing points or games, that is cheating.
What about indicating the wrong ball to influence the umpire? :rolleyes:
Aravane complained when she was leading as well and during breaks. It's her right to call for the supervisor with such a stupid scream. Had Michelle immediately made something in this respect, she wouldn't have been bothered several times. I mean when are you supposed to tell the kid to shut her mouth if not on court??? Stop saying bullshits.

Amukinado
May 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM
What about indicating the wrong ball to influence the umpire? :rolleyes:
Aravane complained when she was leading as well and during breaks. It's her right to call for the supervisor with such a stupid scream. Had Michelle immediately made something in this respect, she wouldn't have been bothered several times. I mean when are you supposed to tell the kid to shut her mouth if not on court??? Stop saying bullshits.

Are u sure Michelle knew it was the wrong spot?

Aravane complained every time when Michelle was better. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Nothing wrong on calling the supervisor, pretty much wrong interrupting the game to complain 4 or 5 times. She doesn't have to talk to the kid at all, there was not her decision to make if it should be done something about it. She can complain once, if nothing is done about her complain, to bad. Aravane did what she thought it was better and if she thinks braking the rythim of a 16 year old is the best way to win her, probably the fear of losing at home to a such young girl was to much for her to handle...

Sam L
May 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Renai, well said. :D

Although mind you, in the end I don't care how much a player screams or grunts. But some are obvious.

Iceland
May 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Are u sure Michelle knew it was the wrong spot?

Aravane complained every time when Michelle was better. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Nothing wrong on calling the supervisor, pretty much wrong interrupting the game to complain 4 or 5 times. She doesn't have to talk to the kid at all, there was not her decision to make if it should be done something about it. She can complain once, if nothing is done about her complain, to bad. Aravane did what she thought it was better and if she thinks braking the rythim of a 16 year old is the best way to win her, probably the fear of losing at home to a such young girl was to much for her to handle...

Too bad? :spit: Well, Aravane clearly wanted to obtain satisfaction since she had the supervisor's support.
Your last sentence brings nothing to the discussion. You're acting as if Michelle were in total control of the match. Don't confuse hitting harder with playing better.
The argument created tension but didn't affect the quality of tennis. I would even tend to think the opposite.

Amukinado
May 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Too bad? :spit: Well, Aravane clearly wanted to obtain satisfaction since she had the supervisor's support.
Your last sentence brings nothing to the discussion. You're acting as if Michelle were in total control of the match. Don't confuse hitting harder with playing better.
The argument created tension but didn't affect the quality of tennis. I would even tend to think the opposite.

It was NOT her decision to make if the referee does something about it. Michelle was not in total control of the match, it was actually pretty balanced. I just think it was a not honest way to break michelle's rythim when she was winning. My last argument is kind of true, cause clearly her problem with screaming was very intermitent, probably Michelle's scream is more annoying when she's winning, and it was not about Rezai fear to lose the game against a child...

vesanto
May 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Lol at your reactions to Rezai's words. For me the french came up as a very immature player against a young player who just seems to want it badly. I saw the match and I don't see many differences between Michelle and all the other bunch such as Sharapova, Azarenka, Ivanovic, Venus and Serena.

I am not a particular Michelle fan, I appreciate variety and I don't like when people celebrate each point aka Ivanovic but seriously Michelle was not doing anything all the players I mentioned usually do. I dare Rezai to complain in the other matches.

Ryan
May 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM

There's a lot riding on every match tennis players compete in, especially your home tourney - a SLAM no less - and I completely respect Aravane for calling MLDB out on her shitty tactics. I would not want to lose a match to someone who's shrieking up a storm - not because its embarrassing, but because there's a lot of ranking points, money etc riding on each win you get.

vadin124
May 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
beginning to like Aravane

catcat33
May 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxEon90E70k

this video shows that de brito can indeed grunt softly in a match, so the whole screeching is faked to distract opponents.

kris719
May 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM
beginning to like Aravane

I"m beginning to like Michelle ;)

améliemomo
May 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Lol at your reactions to Rezai's words. For me the french came up as a very immature player against a young player who just seems to want it badly. I saw the match and I don't see many differences between Michelle and all the other bunch such as Sharapova, Azarenka, Ivanovic, Venus and Serena.

I am not a particular Michelle fan, I appreciate variety and I don't like when people celebrate each point aka Ivanovic but seriously Michelle was not doing anything all the players I mentioned usually do. I dare Rezai to complain in the other matches.

you clearly not watched the match cause her behaviour and celebrations has absolutly nothing to be compared with the like of serena,venus or sharapova. She was over reacting on every point screaming several come on and vamos and EVERY POINT she won. You just can not compare her with like of the williams or sharapova cause de brito behaviour is unique. Very bad mentality and anti-sport.The worst imo.

_No20_
May 31st, 2009, 12:47 AM
So let me see, if she didn't grunt, Masha's would be the loudest and longest is it? What's the difference here? They still do the SAME thing, no matter what the intensity of it.
TOTALLY bias bullshit...
Scared people of loosing to a 16yo girl.

vesanto
May 31st, 2009, 02:42 AM
you clearly not watched the match cause her behaviour and celebrations has absolutly nothing to be compared with the like of serena,venus or sharapova. She was over reacting on every point screaming several come on and vamos and EVERY POINT she won. You just can not compare her with like of the williams or sharapova cause de brito behaviour is unique. Very bad mentality and anti-sport.The worst imo.

Yes, I saw the match. I know Michelle very well, I already saw her live too several times. As I said before, I am not a fan of her attitude on court but it is nothing we have not seen/heard before. Her grunt is basically a mix of Sharapova/Azarenka/Schiavone, her celebrations are a mix of Ivanovic/Serena/Sharapova. The only problem is that she has all those aspects that seem to annoy most of the people.