PDA

View Full Version : Venus silent protest of the French Crowd by refusing autographs?

Tennisstar86
May 29th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Obviously after a loss most players don't sign autographs, but I noticed a couple days ago after the doubles that Venus was not signing autographs while Serena walked right up and did it. I think i remember her just walking right off the court in her last signles match. And today you could hear people pleading with her, while Serena signed.... She didnt walk off the court and waited for Serena, but didnt sign...

She signs at other venues. Is this her silent protest against the French crowd that always roots against her and can be outright rude?

CoolDude7
May 29th, 2009, 05:31 PM
nahh, Venus haven't had good days at the office, so she didn't feel like signing them.

Polikarpov
May 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Dude you put too much meaning to her actions.

Helen Lawson
May 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Sometimes they're still concentrating and just are out of it. I've seen them all be gracious, I've seen them all be awful, can't read anything into it either way.

Warhol15
May 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Obviously after a loss most players don't sign autographs, but I noticed a couple days ago after the doubles that Venus was not signing autographs while Serena walked right up and did it. I think i remember her just walking right off the court in her last signles match. And today you could hear people pleading with her, while Serena signed.... She didnt walk off the court and waited for Serena, but didnt sign...

She signs at other venues. Is this her silent protest against the French crowd that always roots against her and can be outright rude?

I was wondering the same thing. First noticed it after she won the 2nd round when some folks were begging for her towel....no big deal, but it still seemed kind of odd.

gmokb
May 29th, 2009, 06:51 PM
That's it my girl, we have no time to be playing hyprocrite.

RenaSlam.
May 29th, 2009, 06:54 PM
They don't always have to sign autographs you know :lol:

Mynarco
May 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Venus seldom signs autograph. She signs very little when she came to HK this year but luckily I got it

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
As bad as the crowd treats them and has treated them in the past, why should she? I know there are Williams supporters in the crowd but they are rare and far between. I don't think Venus has time to filter out her fans in a French crowd. It's like trying to find Waldo.

tonythetiger
May 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't have signed them either.

taevaughn
May 29th, 2009, 08:30 PM
nahh, Venus haven't had good days at the office, so she didn't feel like signing them.

thats totally how i see it also. no big deal. :shrug:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/avatars/t10.gif

sammy01
May 29th, 2009, 08:34 PM
well that would be stupid of her. im sure she didn't sign any because she was wanting to get off court, her mind was elsewhere ect, why would you snub people in the crowd wanting your autograph, surely they are your fans and are not the ones that venus should snub if she has/had a problem with the crowd.

mckyle.
May 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Venus shit in the French Open locker room; her silent way of saying France stinks?

LindsayRulz
May 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
She and Serena did sign autographs after their doubles match today. :shrug:

QUEENLINDSAY
May 29th, 2009, 10:10 PM
speaking of autographs, Nobody beats Mary Pierce love for her fans. Win or Lose, In practice or not, she always have the time to sign.

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 10:46 PM
You'd think the people asking for autographs would be her fans though, so i don't see why she'd want to protest by doing this.

barboza
May 29th, 2009, 11:12 PM
That's Venus' attitude towards signing autographs.. she very rarely does it and if so, only signs for a few people.

Solitaire
May 29th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I'm sure she just didn't feel like it. Not like the crowd really deserved any autographs from her. At this point if I was either of the sisters I wouldn't go out of my way to do anything for the RG crowd....

GeeTee
May 29th, 2009, 11:19 PM
If Venus was going to protest she shoulda collected all their stuff and pens and ripped up the programs, kicked the oversize tennis balls into the player's area and thrown the pens into another part of the crowd while screaming 'allez' - now that woulda been fun :)

Horizon
May 29th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Venus shit in the French Open locker room; her silent way of saying France stinks?
:lol:

You show 'em Venus. Demoralise the French :lol:

But let's be honest, not many people in the French crows want Venus' autograph anyway, nor deserved them if they did want it. The WS and RG don't exactly have the best relationship, it works both ways.

Junex
May 30th, 2009, 12:47 AM
As bad as the crowd treats them and has treated them in the past, why should she? I know there are Williams supporters in the crowd but they are rare and far between. I don't think Venus has time to filter out her fans in a French crowd. It's like trying to find Waldo.

Why would you ask for autograph from a person you don't like?....:confused:
The people who would crowd the exit for an autograph from Venus are clearly her fans who liked her... so....:p

I DON'T GET YOUR LOGIC!!!!!!!

bobbynorwich
May 30th, 2009, 01:08 AM

:lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 30th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Why would you ask for autograph from a person you don't like?....:confused:
The people who would crowd the exit for an autograph from Venus are clearly her fans who liked her... so....:p

I DON'T GET YOUR LOGIC!!!!!!!

Please, have you even BEEN to a tennis tournament? There are people who are just autograph whores who just try to add to their count.

bobbynorwich
May 30th, 2009, 01:18 AM
It must be annoying to have fans ask for autographs. I imagine that Venus would like it better if no fans at RG ever did.

:cool:

May 30th, 2009, 03:23 AM
at the aus open, serena signed after her doubles but venus didn't :shrug: no biggie?

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 04:02 AM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/avatars/t6.gif

miffedmax
May 30th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I don't think it's any secret that Venus is much more introverted than her sister.

Different players have different attitudes about signing autographs. Some are any time, anywhere, some are after matches or practice sessions, some are only at autograph sessions, some are not gonna give you an autograph if your name is Jesus, Mohammed or the Bhudda. It doesn't mean anything except that's their attitude about autographs.

NeeemZ
May 30th, 2009, 04:44 AM
This year at the AO, Serena was signing autographs on Court 4 as she was walking out after practice, whereas Venus who practiced two days later signed nothing. I guess it's just her personality because she spent about 2 or 3 minutes on her blackberry right after she finished the practice before she walked off the court. This was also before her match with CSN.

Junex
May 30th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Please, have you even BEEN to a tennis tournament? There are people who are just autograph whores who just try to add to their count.

Yes I have and thank you!

So you mean all those people are just autograph whores?????:eek::rolleyes:

treufreund
May 30th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Venus :fiery:

StephenUK
May 30th, 2009, 09:28 AM
I'm really surprised at all the Venus fans who think it is quite ok for their idol to snub them! There is no excuse for this, it's just plain bad manners. No wonder the French crowd don't like her if she behaves like this.

TSequoia01
May 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM

With Venus eating and drinking all that rich French cusine how do you know the locker room event was silent? :angel:

:inlove:
May 30th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Just saw Venus smiling and signing autographs at the Serena match. :)

FoxyliciousKhat
May 30th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I love Venus but I don't think this is a protest. And while I have not read through this thread so I don't know if anyone have posted this yet, but Venus generally does not sign autographs.

Myself and another Venus fan have discussed this and we're not happy that she's like this, especially during dubs when Serena would stop to sign Venus would walk off. So nope no protesting here.

Foxy

DeliriousPotato
May 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
She Should Have Protested! The French Open Organization Is At Fault For Her Loss! It's Totally Unfair That Everyone Gets Days Off But Her! She Played Against Safarova And A Doubles Match In A Day Where She Wasn't Supposed To Lift A Finger!!!

Marshmallow
May 30th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I love Venus but I don't think this is a protest. And while I have not read through this thread so I don't know if anyone have posted this yet, but Venus generally does not sign autographs.

Myself and another Venus fan have discussed this and we're not happy that she's like this, especially during dubs when Serena would stop to sign Venus would walk off. So nope no protesting here.

Foxy

I'm not happy about it either. After the Safarova match some people (adults) were practically pleading with her to sign/give them a towel. Venus just ignored them. But I think she has her reasons (before people start to go all crazy).

I've heard numerous other stories of Venus being very gracious and adoable with fans. Ask RussianBoy for example who detailed with pictures how Venus was so wonderful in Stuttgart last year, before and AFTER her loss. So I think she has her reasons... I would assume, she knows for some it'sa business and half the signed stuff ends up on Ebay but I dunno.

Uranium
May 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Venus isn't very big on signing autographs especially when she loses. But at the BJK cup she went around the whole stadium signing most autographs:inlove:

sweetpeas
May 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Why should she?They boo,her and Serena,most of the time!When they're fighting on the court,they hear and see,who's booing them!