PDA

View Full Version : Who is this Aleese Bergan (sp) chick?

esquímaux
May 29th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I've heard her commentate from time to time and really like her voice and style!!

:inlove:
May 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah she is really good, and has been around for a long time because she is the commentator for the classic Venus / Hingis match US Open 2000, on my VHS. Don´t know why she does not commentate more often?

Albireo
Elise Burgin. Once #22.

Read John Feinstein's Hard Courts for some good stories about her.

RenaSlam.
What match is she commentating?

Libertango
May 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Yea I love Elise Burgin too. She used to be a player back in the 80's (maybe early90's) I think she got into the top ten in doubles. I really like her style of commentary too; she does a lot for sky sports in the UK for the US Open (or used to)

Monica_Rules
May 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Oh i love her duing the US open on Sky. Always adds something to the commentary.

I think she commentated on the Seles vs Hingis tour champs in 2000.

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM
shes one of the best (y) doesnt come out with too much shit unlike the rest

Shvedbarilescu
May 29th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Elise Burgin is a very good commentator. Unbiased, knows her stuff. She is always welcome with me in the commentating booth.

MyskinaManiac
May 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM
She won Charelston did she not?

Aravanecaravan
May 29th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Elise was a contemporary of Martina Navratilova's and Chris Evert's. A few years younger than them, perhaps, but same general era--late 70's/early 80's. I have some footage of a Nav/Austin match from one of the Cali tournaments in '80 or '81 where Elise is actually commentating with Bud Collins, so she goes back a long ways.

Renalicious
Sep 2nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Elise is commentating for Fox Sports right now.

Wow, she is awesome. :worship: My new fav commentator.

Golovinjured.
Sep 2nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
She's not funny. :(

Langers
Sep 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hmmm she's okay I suppose but to me she's a Tracy Austin wannabe.

AdeyC
Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:37 PM
Remember seeing her lose to Jo Durie at Brighton in the '80's

HOS
Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
haven't heard her commentate but played in the 80's....played against Hurricane KElesi in Brisbane in 1987...v young Kelsei, Kelesi bitched and whinged her way though the match- Burgn didn't say a thing- then in the 2nd set, Burgin politely questioned a call and HElen screamed at her and called her a fat bitch, Elisse cried......I was shocked ot see a few years later they teamed up in doubles, maybe saw they got to the final in Canada. She couldn't be worse as a commentator than a lot that are around at the moment.....all Austin does is revert whatever is being said back to her...no good

drake3781
Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:08 AM
What channel or video is she on?

Who are the commentators on the WTATour website live feed?

HRHoliviasmith
Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:15 AM
i remember my mom mentioning that Elise's mom was killed in a car crash while she was still a player. she also said they bumped her off the olympic team (can't remember the year) to make room for chris evert after she changed her mind and decided she wanted to go after all.

she sounds a lot like tracy austin to me.