PDA

View Full Version : Golovina need to shut up

nhissan
May 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
She said Venus was shameful cause she's a number 3 and got trashed 6-0 in the first set

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Who cares, at least Vee has a rank :lol:

H.A.M.
May 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM
So Tatiana, that's how it works with you? Welcome to my hatelist :wavey:

Bijoux0021
Is this a commentator?

RR-87
she is right i guess :shrug:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Tati's right. :weirdo: It was shameful to lose 6-0 to Szavay. It is shameful for any player to lose 6-0 to Szavay.

And Venus fans before you hate, she can say what she likes, she owns Venus. :tape:

Adal
May 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Finally she made some sense.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Who cares, at least Vee has a rank :lol:
So you're telling me you're not embarassed that she got bageled by Szavay? :tape:
Is this a commentator?
Tati, shes "consultant" for French TV for these championships and is also Parisian Corrspondant for The Tennis Channel.

Sefo
May 29th, 2009, 02:01 PM
The sisters always start slow, and sometimes pay for that.

MyskinaManiac
May 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
She said Venus was shameful cause she's a number 3 and got trashed 6-0 in the first set

Why do you care? Is it because Venus lost?

CloudAtlas
May 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hmm..clay isn't Venus' surface and she's nearing 30. I don't want to bash her too much but for a tennis player surely Golovin should have more tennis knowledge? Andy Roddick's never been past the 3R of a Slam , even when he was the top player in the world.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hmm..clay isn't Venus' surface and she's nearing 30. I don't want to bash her too much but for a tennis player surely Golovin should have more tennis knowledge? Andy Roddick's never been past the 3R of a Slam , even when he was the top player in the world.
Roddick didn't get beat 6-0 by a nobody though.

-jenks-
May 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I agree with her :shrug:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
May 29th, 2009, 02:07 PM
who cares?

DownTheLine21
May 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I agree with her :shrug:

Yeah. I don't see the problem with her comment.

Привет
May 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Her name's Golovin. :shrug:

tennis ace
May 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
So you're telling me you're not embarassed that she got bageled by Szavay? :tape:

Tati, shes "consultant" for French TV for these championships and is also Parisian Corrspondant for The Tennis Channel.

It's part of tennis.....Venus can't put the ball in the court (which is sometimes part of her game) it equals a bagel for the girl who can just put the ball in play. Also ok Tati, we'll see who is shameful in a few weeks time at wimbledon.

Londoner
May 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM

:silly: 2 Wimbledon finals? A US Open title?

I think Golovin's right. I am boredwith Venus turning up at slams and messing them up and then people saying she's a contender.

Adal
May 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Her name's Golovin. :shrug:
Her name is Tatiana actually. Golovin is her surname.

lilimi
she mostly criticized venus attitude. another commentator (brabant the mashafan ;) ) said at least sharapova, even if she sucks on clay, fights.

:inlove:
Tati is just embarrassed that Venus won multiple games against her on clay.

nfl46
May 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Wow, what an idiot, whoever this Golovina is. French people are so rude!

Chunchun
May 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
She may be rude but you need to agree with her :o

CloudAtlas

I think Golovin's right. I am boredwith Venus turning up at slams and messing them up and then people saying she's a contender.

I meant the French Open , since he also is someone who's game isn't best suited to clay.

He did lose to someone ranked in the eighties in the 2R at the time he was #1 , Agnes Szavay is at least a seeded player who's been #11 in the world just two years ago whereas the person Roddick lost to had his highest ranking at #71.

Tatiana should have been watching enough tennis to know that upsets like this happen all the time , on both tours. Seems like she just doesn't like Venus for some reason.

Привет

No one likes a smart alec. :wavey: Unless it's Mapnr, then everyone loves a smart alec. :inlove:

SAEKeithSerena
May 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
when Golovin wins a slam or reaches the top 3 i will value her opinion. she hasn't even had a respectable career, so i don't think she should be judging others.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Since when did anyone need to agree with something?

vadin124
May 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
for once i completely agree with Tatiana...

the world No.3 should not be playing that badly...ever!

it WAS shameful...good on you, Tatiana....your commentating skills are obviously better than your tennis skills

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:18 PM
It's part of tennis.....Venus can't put the ball in the court (which is sometimes part of her game) it equals a bagel for the girl who can just put the ball in play. Also ok Tati, we'll see who is shameful in a few weeks time at wimbledon.
yeah, its shameful that she couldnt keep a ball in court, since that was all she had to do today to win games. :sobbing:
:tears:

Tati is just embarrassed that Venus won multiple games against her on clay.
tati2

GO TATI. :bowdown: PREACH!

Adal
May 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
No one likes a smart alec. :wavey: Unless it's Mapnr, then everyone loves a smart alec. :inlove:
Nobody likes a dumb alec either :wavey: Not even Mapnr.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
when Golovin wins a slam or reaches the top 3 i will value her opinion. she hasn't even had a respectable career, so i don't think she should be judging others.
Shes beaten Penus twice, thats good enough. :(
Since when did anyone need to agree with something?
Well you should agree with the truth, coming from the Queen Tati's mouth.
for once i completely agree with Tatiana...

the world No.3 should not be playing that badly...ever!

it WAS shameful...good on you, Tatiana....your commentating skills are obviously better than your tennis skills
Her tennis skills are still better than Marion's though. :p

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM

:spit: Yeah, right. Let's look at the few times when she was uninjured.

Would it not be more accurate to wait until someone can present the actual French quote? Tati is normally classy and respectful and she is friends with at least Serena so I doubt it was that bitchy. I know Zvenus fans are upset but calm down.

Bina_Bolska_Fan
May 29th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I don't know why some Venus fans are overreacting, I saw it on TV, Golovin said that because she was expecting more from Venus. Venus can do much better than she did today,it wasnt her day get over it.

Nikkiri
May 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
You go Golovina, preach it sistah!

lilimi
May 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I don't know why some Venus fans are overreacting, I saw it on TV, Golovin said that because she was expecting more from Venus. Venus can do much better than she did today,it wasnt her day get over it.

yes, she said she was disppointed, not like the other commentator (luyat) who clearly laughed about venus defeat while he's never touch a racket :o

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Like I thought, the quote was edited and people overreacted. :shrug:

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
She was right.A #3 seed bagelled like this by a lesser rank player (and Szavai is not top10) is embarrassing (would be the same if it happened to another top player like Serena, Ana, JJ etc...).

That being said, Venus had a bad day and played a better claycourter.She'll get over it quickier than some here.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Well, Szavay > Golovin. And she's younger.

justine&coria
May 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Total nonsense. I mean, if someone should be as successful as Venus to comment a match, then noone would ever be commentator.
She's just a consultant in the French TV, and I really think she's doing a great job out there. When Venus beat Lucie, she said it was great that the Williamses are putting a fight to win : it shows that they still care about winning etc.

Today, Venus is really shameful. She's right. A number 3 in the world shouldn't lose 6-0 to a top 20. Did she even give a fight out there ?

Bina_Bolska_Fan
May 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
yes, she said she was disppointed, not like the other commentator (luyat) who clearly laughed about venus defeat while he's never touch a racket :o

Luyat is pretty useless , and his jokes are sometimes boring.:rolleyes:
He doesn't even know how to prononce the players names.;)

vadin124
May 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Well you should agree with the truth, coming from the Queen Tati's mouth.

Her tennis skills are still better than Marion's though. :p

has she ever reached a Wimbledon final? ;)

May 29th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Nobody likes a dumb alec either :wavey: Not even Mapnr.

I do. :wavey:

pdqigsa2OE4&fmt=18

:bowdown:

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM

By the age of 18, she accomplished far more than Agnes at 20. She was more talented and contained a much better game as well. If you remember, Tati's career basically ended at 19.

supergrunt
May 29th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Golovin bitterly dislikes the Williams sisters for some reason. She doesn't even like to mention their names if she doesn't have to.

May 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Golovin bitterly dislikes the Williams sisters for some reason. She doesn't even like to mention their names if she doesn't have to.

:spit: Must be why she had a nice interview with Serena a couple of days ago.

supergrunt
May 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Phoniness is a part of any job. :)
I'm being phony right now. :D

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Has Bartoli done anything else? (Including winning a tourney larger than a MM?)

Adal
May 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I do. :wavey:

pdqigsa2OE4&fmt=18

:bowdown:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7296/gossip0014.gif

Obviously you do. You like Venus Williams.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
and btw, Tati also criticzed Amelie in her first round match, saying she didn't change anything in her game in that 2nd set (and she was right too).She's just telling it like it is.

Nicolas
May 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Sectumsempra
May 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Yeah and Amelia Island and Portoroz are so not MM :spit:

vadin124
May 29th, 2009, 02:52 PM

reached 4th round or better at every slam...been ranked No.9 at a time when the top 10 was very competetive (Henin, Sharapova still active and playing superbly)...equivalent of No.5/6 these days...

reached the tour championships, albeit on default...

Nikkiri

While Seren was workin out :drool:

Dav.
I guess Tati is racist now. :spit:

She's friends with Serena. (See Norfolk exhibition interviews.)

When asked in recentvinterviews who her favorite players on tour were, Tati said the WS and especially Serena. She gave an endless list of accomplishments and positives about herbgame as well.

Some of the queens here need a life.

I´d say Wimbledon final is more than enough. :) Plus making the YEC in 07, and beating Jankovic again at a grand slam this year, and beating Dementieva at a grand slam, and beating Golovin 6-3 6-0, and reaching the top 10.

But apart from that she has done nothing.

faboozadoo15
May 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
By the age of 18, she accomplished far more than Agnes at 20. She was more talented and contained a much better game as well. If you remember, Tati's career basically ended at 19.

As far as I can see, both have the same number of equal tiered tournament wins, similar high rankings, both reached the QF of a major (Anges much more quickly in her career I might add).

Also, Agnes is alive in this tournament in the 4th round, and Tati is up in a box. So STFU. Their slam success is now about equal, with Agnes having less time on tour.

Also Agnes is 171-86 to Tati's 165-93.

You'd have to be a complee moron to not think Szavay will see far more success. :weirdo:

May 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
While Seren was workin out :drool:

That is nothing new. Serena is always working out :rolleyes:

Adal
May 29th, 2009, 02:55 PM
That is nothing new. Serena is always working out :rolleyes:
She was talking about Seren, not Serena :rolleyes:

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
AI was definitely not MM when Tati won. I guess you don't remember the QF draw. Past champs and history as well.

May 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
She was talking about Seren, not Serena :rolleyes:

Sorry. :rolleyes: Maybe she was talking about Igot, though. I don´t trust Nikkie´s typing skills.

vadin124
AI was definitely not MM when Tati won. I guess you don't remember the QF draw. Past champs and history as well.

Wimbledon final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amelia Island title

Adal
Sorry. :rolleyes: Maybe she was talking about Igot, though. I don´t trust Nikkie´s typing skills.
Trust them or not, you don't confuse Seren Gibson with Serena (nono4) :(

Nikkiri
May 29th, 2009, 03:00 PM

I was talking about Seren the one who hit the monster forehand :rolleyes:

tennisluver99
May 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It's the truth! It's shameful and pathetic.

No wonder so many people think the women's game is a complete joke.

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 03:13 PM
As far as I can see, both have the same number of equal tiered tournament wins, similar high rankings, both reached the QF of a major (Anges much more quickly in her career I might add).

Also, Agnes is alive in this tournament in the 4th round, and Tati is up in a box. So STFU. Their slam success is now about equal, with Agnes having less time on tour.

You'd have to be a complee moron to not think Szavay will see far more success. :weirdo:

Your timing and grasp of my post are off. I was comparing Tati's career to the point in Szavay's career that parallels the end of the former's.

Also, Tati's breakthrough was much more stellar than the one you keep referring to (Aussie 4R at 15, Paris indoor SF with first top ten win over Elena, RG mixed champion, Wimbledon 4R, Birmingham final, stretching Serena at the USO albeit straight sets and outstanding Fed Cup SF and Final with first top five win-all at 15-16).

And Tati made USO QF at 18. Much later is a bit of an exaggeration. We've also lost sight of the thread topic and it's lack of validity.

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Tati has been retired for over a year and is still under the age that Marion made the final of Wimbly with.

onyxrose81
May 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM

Agreed. Sure, Golovin really has no room to talk but she's right. Venus is a non-entity now when it comes to slams not named Wimbledon. She's tough but her game has broken down tremendously. She's not really a top favorite when it comes to the other three slams.

Destiny
May 29th, 2009, 03:44 PM
:sobbing:

hawkeye08
May 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
No problem with the comment, no top player should lose a set with love!

Monaco 84
May 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Big deal. :rolleyes:

Tati was probably misunderstood and losing 0-6 to Szavay is a bit shocking, if not embarrassing, for a big time player like Venus.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM
No problem with the comment, no top player should lose a set with love!

I guess Pavyluchenkova shouldnt waste any more energy on her career then hey? Idiots :rolleyes:

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
That's not even what she really said, people. :lol:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
and btw, Tati also criticzed Amelie in her first round match, saying she didn't change anything in her game in that 2nd set (and she was right too).She's just telling it like it is.
Exactly, Tati was/is (:sobbing:) one of the smartest players around, he points of view are always welcome and valid.

No, shes always injured. I said her skills are better, not her achievements. ;)
Total nonsense. I mean, if someone should be as successful as Venus to comment a match, then noone would ever be commentator.
She's just a consultant in the French TV, and I really think she's doing a great job out there. When Venus beat Lucie, she said it was great that the Williamses are putting a fight to win : it shows that they still care about winning etc.

Today, Venus is really shameful. She's right. A number 3 in the world shouldn't lose 6-0 to a top 20. Did she even give a fight out there ?
Yeah, she tells it like it is. She's always said that her faves are the WS and that her and serena are very friendly if not friends.
http://i42.tinypic.com/161jnsg.jpg
:spit: Thats complete bullshit. What has Agnes done that Tati hasnt done? And TBH Tati cared more about her image until 2007 when she was finally getting her shit together before she got this career threatening injury. Szavay will never have the game of Tati, and if Tati comes back, she will do much greater things than Szavay.

Tati will be back, dont you worry. :weirdo:

Sally Todd
May 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
This thread: :help: It's become an excuse to trash Venus and Szavay.

Venus just played an amazing match stretched out over two days that was just one part of Tournament Scheduling From Hell.

She then ran into a talented player -- not a "nobody" -- who is on a streak.

Ciarán
May 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I agree with Tatiana.

The Kaz
May 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Phoniness is a part of any job. :)
I'm being phony right now. :D

And the William sisters are always phony :D :D

Br'er Rabbit
May 29th, 2009, 05:40 PM
That b*tch wished she had half the career Venus has so the hell with what she says

Renalicious
May 29th, 2009, 05:47 PM
It's not very nice to say 'shameful' but, she's kind of right. :lol:

KournikovaFan91
May 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Tati makes a great WAG, can't wait to see her at the World Cup, shopping etc.

I do agree, getting bageled by Szavay is very embarassing.

FrenchY52
May 29th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Is there any proof ? I wanna hear how she said that !

Sectumsempra
May 29th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Who cares what Tati thinks anyway? :shrug:

Just announce your retirement already, bitch :hearts:

FrenchY52
May 29th, 2009, 06:05 PM
People get completely angry for something they don't have a proof of :lol: And if she said it I'm sure she didn't mean it, she sometimes doesn't use the appropriate words.

darkangel5452
May 29th, 2009, 06:10 PM
People get completely angry for something they don't have a proof of :lol: And if she said it I'm sure she didn't mean it, she sometimes doesn't use the appropriate words.

It's true, she said that on France2, but I think she is just mad at Venus, because at the beginning of the tournament, she said, it's great to see WS fighting really hard to win, then when you see 6064, obviously you are disappointed.

lizchris
May 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Really, does anyone cares what she has to say? She was a marginal player at best who is all but retired.

Good luch commentating while Venus contunies to add to her HOF career (the one you'd give an appendage to have).

FrenchY52
May 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
It's true, she said that on France2, but I think she is just mad at Venus, because at the beginning of the tournament, she said, it's great to see WS fighting really hard to win, then when you see 6064, obviously you are disappointed.

Yeah, she is always saying Serena and Venus are the best no matter what, and when they are focused on their game.

Anyway whatever she said I don't care.

Tati :inlove:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Really, does anyone cares what she has to say? She was a marginal player at best who is all but retired.

Good luch commentating while Venus contunies to add to her HOF career (the one you'd give an appendage to have).
Why do y'all have to be so fucking rude and defensive? :weirdo: Im sorry but now I am seeing some of you WS fans the way other people on the board see you. She has a fucking right to her opinion. I love Venus but yes it was shameful how she played today, yes it was shameful that she got bageled by someone like Szavay. I mean shes not bad, but she just sat back while Venus self destructed. I think some of you guys need a reality check. I mean Venus will still probably have an amazing career, even if we cut out the last 15 years, and im sure she'll win more slams but she played a horrifying match today and I think you need to come to terms with this and get out from her ass or something. Jeez, this goes for all of you guys who have come in here and dissed Tati for no reason. Especially after the are french posters saying that she only said it was bad and disappointing.

-jenks-
May 29th, 2009, 06:24 PM
She's just saying the obvious, and what everyone else is thinking. The third best player in the world shouldn't lose a set to love against someone outside the top 20

CanadianBoy21
May 29th, 2009, 06:29 PM
well i cheer for vee, but when she loses i don't particularly feel sorry for her... at the end she made more in a couple days then I do in a year or few years! and I'm sure that applies to most fans.

justine schnyder
May 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
But she's right, no?

CoolDude7
May 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Golovin is a nice girl. I am sure she knows whats it is like to just not have your balls go in. However, she knows what Venus is capable of, that's why she said it.

Craigy
May 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Allez Tatiana! :inlove:

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Tati's right. :weirdo: It was shameful to lose 6-0 to Szavay. It is shameful for any player to lose 6-0 to Szavay.

And Venus fans before you hate, she can say what she likes, she owns Venus. :tape:
But she owns no slams. :LOL:

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM
The ignorance of some people is hilarious. If they would simply read back some they would discover in lilmi(sp?) post what she really said and I explained her true relationship with the sisters.

And those saying she didn't have a food career (especially one where she played injured literally the majority of time and that ended at basically age 19) are rather unintelligent about the sport and the thousands of players who dream to make even top 200.

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 06:41 PM

is it her fault she has a spinal disease and was plagued by freak injuries?

lizchris
May 29th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Why do y'all have to be so fucking rude and defensive? :weirdo: Im sorry but now I am seeing some of you WS fans the way other people on the board see you. She has a fucking right to her opinion. I love Venus but yes it was shameful how she played today, yes it was shameful that she got bageled by someone like Szavay. I mean shes not bad, but she just sat back while Venus self destructed. I think some of you guys need a reality check. I mean Venus will still probably have an amazing career, even if we cut out the last 15 years, and im sure she'll win more slams but she played a horrifying match today and I think you need to come to terms with this and get out from her ass or something. Jeez, this goes for all of you guys who have come in here and dissed Tati for no reason. Especially after the are french posters saying that she only said it was bad and disappointing.

To say that it was shameful was a bit harsh; it isn't like she lost to someone outside of the top 100; now that would have been shameful.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
What's wrong with it? She is a little truthful in that statement.

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
The translation makes it sound harsher. I don't think she used the word 'shameful' as lilmi's translation suggested.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 07:16 PM
And? Martina has 18 slams and still chats complete shit most of the time. If you want to use this theory, then her opinion is 4398943890314 times more relevant than mine or yours so you shouldn't cuss her down. At the end of the day The Fucking Venus Williams got bageled by Agnes Szavay, a player outside of the top 30 at a grand slam. Although it may not be shameful, as the OP translated it to english, it is many other words; embarassing, horrifying, disappointing; which is what Tati probably meant. And it takes no slams to see that. You're telling me that you're happy with this result and this is how Venus should play all her matches?

Diam's
May 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
One thing to keep in mind here : the thread starter was the one who started the famous " Aravane Rezai went by van to the AO"

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM
is it her fault she has a spinal disease and was plagued by freak injuries?

Of course not. That's far from the point. The point is that she, having won NO SLAMS should be more respectful in the terms which she uses to judge an alltime great and future hall of famer.

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM
:haha: I didn't even notice that.

Mynarco
May 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I agree. I mean, Venus should have done better on clay. Tati just said what she thinks...is that a problem?

I mean, All the Venus's fans, please, accept that your fave would have a low time.

Mynarco
May 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Of course not. That's far from the point. The point is that she, having won NO SLAMS should be more respectful in the terms which she uses to judge an alltime great and future hall of famer.

Sorry, slams or no slams have nothing to do with making a comment. A shame is a shame.

jefrilibra
May 29th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Her credibility is practically non-existent.
It must be pretty difficult for her to suck as a player AND as a commentator.
Poor girl.

My prayers are with you.:)

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Well other french people in this thread said that what she actually said was that it was disapointing or something to that effect, not shameful. ;)

Uranus
May 29th, 2009, 08:16 PM
guy: "Have you ever played against Shvedova?"
Tati: "I've already seen her somewhere, I don't know if we've played an official match but maybe we've trained together once."
:lol:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Poor girl.

2-0. She must not suck that much. :)

jefrilibra
May 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
2-0. She must not suck that much. :)

You talk too much. Now be quiet! http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/tennisforum//customavatars/avatar50015_90.gif

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 08:23 PM

She's natural, wether she speaks about Sharapova, Venus or some youngsters.Today she commented Maria's match and the co-commentator asked her if she knew Shvedova.She said something like "I saw her face before, but I couldn't tell you if it was in pratice or if I actually played her in an official match.We have the same age so maybe I just saw her in an event somewhere."Then the journalist checked and told her that she never faced her before.She answered "well, you know better than me.Anyway, I saw her brother in many events and he knows a lot about tennis so she must be good" lol (hearing her, you got the sense that she could have encounter her in a mall during shopping, it'd be the same).

VeeReeDavJCap81
May 29th, 2009, 08:55 PM
I mean it is shameful for the 3 seed to lose a 6-0 set to the 29 seed. It's almost if Venus' seed was too high :tape: I'd have to hear in what context Tatiana said it. Tatiana doesn't seem like an idiot (ala Martina N) who just spews off at the mouth.

Lucemferre
May 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Sharapova lost 6-0 6-0. What was her ranking then? 3?

mboyle
May 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM

He won the US Open, made two Wimbledon finals (plus another US Open final) and has reached the semis in Oz many years, including this year. Did you mean never past the third round of the French Open?

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM
You talk too much. Now be quiet! http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/tennisforum//customavatars/avatar50015_90.gif
Truth hurts. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/avatars/t10.gif

Mynarco
May 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
:lol: @ all the gif.

jefrilibra
May 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Truth hurts. http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/avatars/t10.gif

LMAO! It took you nearly an hour and this is the best comeback you can ever provide ... a blurry gif?
You're just as amateurish as Golovin.:lol::lol::lol:

Now go and top this ................. X 5:)

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200707/r158478_576269.jpg

Joe.
May 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM
tati was only telling the truth :tape:

Juju Nostalgique
May 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Golovinovinskaya :weirdo:

Mynarco
May 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
It's really stupid to see somebody use "Slam or no Slam" to defend themselves.
The most illogical response EVER.

Get back to the question please.

Joe.
May 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Poor girl.

well seeing as tati has beaten venus, i dont think she sucks that much;)

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM
LMAO! It took you nearly an hour and this is the best comeback you can ever provide ... a blurry gif?
You're just as amateurish as Golovin.:lol::lol::lol:

Now go and top this ................. X 5:)

http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200707/r158478_576269.jpg
well im sorry that I have something better to do than sit my sorry ass on WTAW all day, unlike some.. :weirdo:

The point is, Venus was horrible, terrible and every single bad word in the dictionary today. I think you need to get your head out from her ass and see the light of day. :kiss: Tati's right, and she stated the obvious. You dont need 7 slams to know that.

And just so you know, Venus is my favourite player, so you bringing out the wimbledon pictures will only make me smile. :inlove:

jefrilibra
May 29th, 2009, 09:57 PM
It's really stupid to see somebody use "Slam or no Slam" to defend themselves.
The most illogical response EVER.

Get back to the question please.

Btw I didnt start it. I just finish her off.:)

And btw fyi the title of the thread wasnt a question. And yes, she needs to shut up.:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Regards.

miffedmax
May 29th, 2009, 10:16 PM
HA!

Tati is not, as many of you claim, slamless.

2004 French Open mixed doubles champion, with Richard Gasquet.

Now I guess you will all have to accept everything Tati says AS FUCKING GOSPEL!!!!

SVK
May 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Golovina really need to play tennis!!!:awww::bigcry:

Dav.
May 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I love you, Max. :lol:

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 10:25 PM
HA!

Tati is not, as many of you claim, slamless.

2004 French Open mixed doubles champion, with Richard Gasquet.

Now I guess you will all have to accept everything Tati says AS FUCKING GOSPEL!!!!
And she has had bangs. :tears:

DOUBLEFIST
May 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Well other french people in this thread said that what she actually said was that it was disapointing or something to that effect, not shameful. ;)
Well thanks for that and if that's the case than I apologize to TG.

Disappointing is appropriate.

Shameful implies a right to judge- a moral understanding of knowing better. And, believe it or not, I think Nav' or any of the other all time great have a right to make that kind of judgement(whether I agree or not). They've earned it. TG has not.

Slutiana
May 29th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Well thanks for that and if that's the case than I apologize to TG.

Disappointing is appropriate.

Shameful implies a right to judge- a moral understanding of knowing better. And, believe it or not, I think Nav' or any of the other all time great have a right to make that kind of judgement(whether I agree or not). They've earned it. TV has not.
Yeah, yeah. I agree. I bet she meant it was "a shame". :shrug:

Dominic
May 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Mean comments but she's right.

Joe.
May 30th, 2009, 09:32 AM

um excuse me, tati has been injured. if she hadnt been injured for over a year im pretty sure she would be winning grand slams;) btw if tati was fully fit she would beat agnes pretty easily:)

Vaidisova Ruled
May 30th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I don't think Golovin should shut up but I find something interesting: She said a few times that she talked to Maria in private during this RG and she asked her how she feels and all and then she reports it on TV.
One hour ago, there was a show called "Tennis Club" where she talks, and there was a journalist who said that there is one good thing about Maria's injury, it's that now she seems more human. And then, Tati was laughing out loud and being kinda ironic (it's hard for me to describe her attitude).
Anyway, first she comes to Maria to talk to her and then on TV she is bashing her. Nice.

nashi
May 30th, 2009, 12:54 PM
That is so nude Tati :o

debopero
May 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Golovin always comes off as very bitter whenever the two are brought up. Maybe...I actually do not know what to say about that. At the end of the day she retired at a young age so I can realize why she is miserable.

That being said, Venus' loss was absolutely pathetic. Almost as bad as Golovin's loss to Ahsha Rolle!

debopero
May 30th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I don't think Golovin should shut up but I find something interesting: She said a few times that she talked to Maria in private during this RG and she asked her how she feels and all and then she reports it on TV.
One hour ago, there was a show called "Tennis Club" where she talks, and there was a journalist who said that there is one good thing about Maria's injury, it's that now she seems more human. And then, Tati was laughing out loud and being kinda ironic (it's hard for me to describe her attitude).
Anyway, first she comes to Maria to talk to her and then on TV she is bashing her. Nice.

As I said, she seems very bitter...

Dav.
May 30th, 2009, 01:37 PM
She is not bitter. :o

Try reading the whole thread...

olympus28
May 30th, 2009, 02:06 PM

AND ? a world number 3 player got bagel in Grand Slam is unacceptable..she has right but it's not a shame
By the way Tati sucks as presentator

SAEKeithSerena
May 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
That b*tch wished she had half the career Venus has so the hell with what she says
:worship::worship::worship::kiss::wavey:

Dav.
May 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I defend Setena and Venus even though I'm not a fan but I'm shocked by the ignorance of somebod her followers who are quite insecure and apparently cannot read.

I guess that makes me racist and jealous of their careers as I stated an observation. And it will probably be edited to look worse as well.

Bartosh
May 30th, 2009, 02:44 PM
who cares about retired mediocre player's comment :yawn:

SV_Fan
May 30th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Roddick didn't get beat 6-0 by a nobody though.

szavay was a USO quarter finalist, so she has some game.

nelsondan
May 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM

I wonder if they really went shopping together this week--I think she said something about that on Monday.

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Some of you WS fans are unbelievable. You're the reason we have such bad reputations on this board. I give up. :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

harloo
May 30th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Some of you WS fans are unbelievable. You're the reason we have such bad reputations on this board. I give up. :weirdo::weirdo::weirdo:

Please stop it with your foolishness. A real Venus fan would never call her Penus. And you have the nerve to call someone else out?:tape:

cyannnnn
May 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM

t'aurais pas la vidéo???

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Please stop it with your foolishness. A real Venus fan would never call her Penus. And you have the nerve to call someone else out?:tape:
Are you being serious, trying to dispute whether im a fan or not? :weirdo: Its said in jest. Just like my name is Slutiana. I will repeat, some of you WS fans are unbelievable and need to get your heads out from underneath her ass.

Bartosh
May 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Are you being serious, trying to dispute whether im a fan or not? :weirdo: Its said in jest. Just like my name is Slutiana. I will repeat, some of you WS fans are unbelievable and need to get your heads out from underneath her ass.

Golovin said unbelievably stupid comment so what should we do? you should be prepared for this response from Venus' fans :shrug:

if this comment was not from Golovin you would be one of this 'WS fans' :rolleyes:

Vaidisova Ruled
May 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM
t'aurais pas la vidéo???
va voir sur le site de france 4.fr, je crois que tu peux voir la bas
Et je pense que c'était plutot vers le fin de l'émission

Slutiana
May 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Golovin said unbelievably stupid comment so what should we do? you should be prepared for this response from Venus' fans :shrug:

if this comment was not from Golovin you would be one of this 'WS fans' :rolleyes:
No, I wouldn't have cussed her down when numerous people in this thread said that she meant something different and the translation may have made it seem harsher. One Williams fan understood that at the top of the page so why can't you?

Nicolas
May 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Yesterday

Commentator: "Sharapova's bio says she is 59 kilos"
Golovin: "Yeah, right" *laugh*

Dav.
May 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Yesterday

:haha:

Tati is almost always very classy, as thosecwatching have noticed, but that's hilarious.

MisterMan
May 30th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Golovin was a non-entity on the tour. No one feared her, and now she's...gone.
Losing a set 6-0 is the same as losing it 7-6. It's still a set down.

Venus has the last laugh. She's a legend. Golovin will only be known for showing her ass on court.

Warrior
May 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I don't think Tatiana was trying to diss Venus. She was shocked by the scoreline. You don't see Venus losing 6-0 everyday.

Mynarco
May 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Golovin was a non-entity on the tour. No one feared her, and now she's...gone.
Losing a set 6-0 is the same as losing it 7-6. It's still a set down.

Venus has the last laugh. She's a legend. Golovin will only be known for showing her ass on court.

Poor some of you still need to use "my fave is legend but you are not" thing to cover up the fact that your fave is having a bad loss :lol:

Truth hurts.

davidmario
May 31st, 2009, 12:36 AM
Nobody adores sex-loves the way slutiana does!

FrenchY52
May 31st, 2009, 08:55 AM
I watched it and she said she was really disappointed for Venus and that it was a shame that she lost the 1st set 6-0. Anyone could have said it, all of her dumb fans hating on this thread and even her. "it's shameful" or smth is too strong and she didn't mean it.

homogenius
May 31st, 2009, 09:27 AM
Yesterday

:lol::tape:

shawshank
May 31st, 2009, 11:45 AM
People just get over it.
Venus is pathetic on clay.
She lost 0/6 to somebody he won only two games in a set with Cibulkova.
Golovin was right and that's it.

homogenius
May 31st, 2009, 12:36 PM
In few sentences she just summed up perfectly Safina and Rezai games and why Rezai could have beaten the Safina playing 1,5 years ago but not the Safina playing these days.She's doing a good job (even if she seems harsh in the way she's expressing her thoughts).

Midnight_Robber
May 31st, 2009, 12:55 PM
I hate to admit but Golovin is right. Venus didn't play anywhere near her ranking or her ability even if it is her worst surface and she had curiously little energy, passion or fight. It was an embarassing performance - especially in light of the fact that her 'conqueror' has predictably gone on to do nada. :rolleyes:

Zébulon
May 31st, 2009, 01:06 PM
Enough already, this thread is stupid. :rolleyes: It's based on an out-of-context misstranslation of a comment that was just a common place in the first place. Venus's bagel was disapointing, woa, big deal, what a scoop, who gives a d*** ! :fiery: It was obvious this thread would turn into a place for bashing (venus, golovin, etc), why wasn't it closed ? Pointless rubbish. :(

lilimi
May 31st, 2009, 01:07 PM
she didn't want to be mean towards venus. even yesterday she said "i hope serena won't loose like her sister".

Iceland
May 31st, 2009, 01:20 PM
She's doing a good job (even if she seems harsh in the way she's expressing her thoughts).
Yeah I noticed that! She's using a bit too much the 'should have' cord, I think. Another exemple today : she said Aravane should try to go to the net with a pretentious voice whereas Tatiana herself wouldn't have done it either. I like her a lot but she needs to be more humble overall.

Dav.
May 31st, 2009, 01:26 PM
One's accomplishments do not make something any less true. Most great tennis journalists were never at Tatiana's level themselves.

homogenius
May 31st, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah I noticed that! She's using a bit too much the 'should have' cord, I think. Another exemple today : she said Aravane should try to go to the net with a pretentious voice whereas Tatiana herself wouldn't have done it either. I like her a lot but she needs to be more humble overall.

Well, I don't think she is pretentious or think she'd do better.She just pointed out that Aravane has a very one-dimensional game and she made the most of it, but now she needs to learn new things (like coming to the net, a thing Aravane didn't make once in the entire match)and that it shows against someone like Safina.Saying like that, it sounds harsh, but I heard her several times in different matches, saying that of course it's much easier to notice things when you're on tv or just commentating than when you're actually the one on court.

FrenchY52
May 31st, 2009, 01:36 PM
Enough already, this thread is stupid. :rolleyes: It's based on an out-of-context misstranslation of a comment that was just a common place in the first place. Venus's bagel was disapointing, woa, big deal, what a scoop, who gives a d*** ! :fiery: It was obvious this thread would turn into a place for bashing (venus, golovin, etc), why wasn't it closed ? Pointless rubbish. :(

You summed it up well.

Btw Tati's doing a goodr job today I think :)

Slutiana
May 31st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Tbh, she prolly would.

Dav.
May 31st, 2009, 02:02 PM
^ Oh God. :lol: Have you not been reading this thread?

debopero
May 31st, 2009, 02:04 PM
Meh, point taken I 'll erase my post :) .

Harju.
May 31st, 2009, 02:11 PM
According to WS fans' logic, she's allowed to critic Rezai because Tati has accomplished more :lol:.

debopero
May 31st, 2009, 02:26 PM
According to WS fans' logic, she's allowed to critic Rezai because Tati has accomplished more :lol:.

You've got the jist of it :shrug: .

Nicolas
May 31st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Golovin saying all sorts of bullshits today :rolleyes: even worse than the other days

Example:

Commentator: "Azarenka is the revelation of the year"
Golovin: "Yeah, she won Indian wells"
Commentator: "Mmmmm she beat Serena 6/3 6/1 in Miami..."
Golovin: "It was probably an off-day for Serena" *laughs*

Please, go back to your gayish football player and stop appearing on screens :wavey:

FrenchY52
May 31st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Lol it wasn't really said like that, I don't think any of the commentators noticed this :rolleyes: You make it sound like she's being corrected all the time which isn't true. Stop making things up, please. Moreover people who're watching RG on French TV follow tennis like once a year so who cares ? I'm sure many of thems have never heard about 'Indian Well' or 'Azarenka'.

And who cares if she said Miami or Indian Wells :tape: I love how some people rush here everytime she tells crap :haha: If you don't like her then you have many other ways to follow the French Open ;)

Nicolas
May 31st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Lol it wasn't really said like that, I don't think any of the commentators noticed this :rolleyes: You make it sound like she's being corrected all the time which isn't true. Stop making things up, please. Moreover people who're watching RG on French TV follow tennis like once a year so who cares ? I'm sure many of thems have never heard about 'Indian Well' or 'Azarenka'.

And anyway Miami or Indian Wells. Who cares lol.

He corrected it by saying the truth just after her. Of course, they won't make her look like a fool more than she is by correcting ALL her mistakes (and there are a lot of them :o)

She's giving inaccurate informations, whoch is a disgrace for someone who's paid for a job

She's a joke of a consultant and you know that :weirdo:

Dav.
May 31st, 2009, 04:04 PM
She's done really well, actually, being very articulate and in-depth in analyzing. Her interviews with players have been fun and classy as well.

Nicolas
May 31st, 2009, 04:07 PM
She's done really well, actually, being very articulate and in-depth in analyzing. Her interviews with players have been fun and classy as well.

Ok, i give up :hysteric:

Golovin fans :wavey:

Amanda
May 31st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Golovin ~whatever!

Dav.
May 31st, 2009, 04:24 PM

I took that from various unbiased reviews from French and American viewers. ;)

Harju.
May 31st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Golovin saying all sorts of bullshits today :rolleyes: even worse than the other days

Example:

Commentator: "Azarenka is the revelation of the year"
Golovin: "Yeah, she won Indian wells"
Commentator: "Mmmmm she beat Serena 6/3 6/1 in Miami..."
Golovin: "It was probably an off-day for Serena" *laughs*

Please, go back to your gayish football player and stop appearing on screens :wavey:
yeah, i know, right? how dare she made a mistake on tv? i mean, commentator is NEVER wrong. and how dare of her to make a light joke on tv and not being a boringserious commentator like any other tennis players out there? and how dare she supported serena when she was disappointed with venus yesterday?

ps : how dare she accepted an offer from french tv and appeared on tv?

Slutiana
May 31st, 2009, 04:30 PM
Y'all are crazy. Yes shes a consultant and whereas she knows a lot about tennis, the various players and their games and gameplans (as we see when shes playing), it doesnt mean she should know everything about whats going on with the tour right now. Shes basically been injured for almost a year and 6 months (since AO 08) do you really expect her to be following the tour closely while knowing that she can't play herself? That would be painful and hard to swallow. I just applaud her for having the courage to come to these events even with the hurt of knowing that she can't be here competing. She will obviously need refreshing and updating on the current events, but she still knows more about the technical as well as mental side of tennis than 98% of all commentators around right now.

Zébulon
May 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Well, she's not doing that bad, compared to other French commentators, but that's not saying much if you heard them. :lol: :lol:

Harju.
May 31st, 2009, 04:33 PM

i know, right?

i mean, a fan should never defend his/her idol. and this is message board. everyone should just accept what i said and not share their opinions. how rude.