PDA

View Full Version : Very tough draw + French Open organizers idioticy= no slam for Vee

Wannabeknowitall
May 29th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry but when I saw Venus' draw last week,
There were 5 players before the quarters who I thought had a chance of beating her (Bethanie, Sabine, Safarova, Szavay, or Cibulkova).

Typically I might see one for Venus.
At the Australian, she had none but lost to Saurez Navarro (who could have saw that coming).

I haven't seen a French Open draw this tough since Justine in 2005.

It's not the toughness that bothers me.

It's the lack of respect that the French Open organizers have shown Venus.

Switching courts for one thing when they knew that the possibility of Safarova/Venus going three sets was high which would mean it would not finish that day.

The liklihood of Venus playing on if Safarova did want to play on after 9pm? High.

The liklihood of Venus losing that match as she did last year to Flavia if that were to happen? High

Putting Venus in a position to choose between doubles with her sister or focusing fully on a very tough singles draw.

If Venus didn't lose to Szavay today, she would have lost to Cibulkova.
It's not her fault though.

Justine even when given a tough draw still got a lot better scheduling then this.

I'm rarely a fan of Venus like others on this board but today I've become a supporter.

mckyle.
May 29th, 2009, 01:56 PM
As if Venus was ever going to win Roland Garros :lol:

sammy01
and the excuses start lol. she played crap, she always throws in crap matches especialy on clay its nothing new, schedule had nothing to do with it.

Libertango
No. Shitty, shitty play = no slam for Vee,

GS's are tough. You have to win seven matches. She's a professional athlete. You gotta suck it up and get on with your job.

Harvs
dont blame the organisers. vee fucked this up for herself:(

KBdoubleu
May 29th, 2009, 01:58 PM

She has come way closer than most.

unretrofied
May 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, of course...blame it on anyone but Venus, for playing like she was drunk or has never held a tennis racquet before. It was ALL her fault, get a grip!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
May 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Last 2 years it was a 3rd round as well.
The first 2 slams of the year are just not for Venus.

jamatthews
May 29th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Actually it's the opposite.

Playing shit at RG = 6th Wimbledon title

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I didn't even bother to read the first post, but could the OP or someone else tell me what happened in all the other years Venus played at FO and didn't win.mmm ?

volta
oh God :o

it's Venus on clay and it's just a match out of the 97098709M that she plays.
yes it's a tough draw but Venus has been blowing up cake walk draws as well so :shrug:

she lots let's just move on.

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Venus sucked it up. It's us fans that can't. These are excuses! I honestly thought it was nuts that Vee and Serena were going to play dubs at the FO. I'm like why? Oh, I guess they want to play Fed Cup so I guess it's okay. But not at the expense of playing every friggin day, having long matches, etc. Yes another excuse from a Venus fan here. But it's hard when you expect sooo much from a player like Venus.

Lindsayfan32
The blame game beings. It's called luck of the draw and yes Venus's draw sucked. But wasn't she beaten by a better player? Venus was never going to win the French open clay would have to be worst surface.

Huntress55
May 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Excuses.

Venus played crap, it is as simple as that.

In The Zone
May 29th, 2009, 02:02 PM
You can't blame the draw or the organizers. That was an absolute joke of a match Venus played today. Just error after, error, after error, after error. It was absolutely pathetic.

Then, she gets up 4-3, has a GP for 5-3, and just flops.

With all this being said, is it time for Wimbledon yet?

Chris 84
May 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Venus had a tough draw in terms of early matches, but in terms of seeds, her quarter is probably the weakest in the tournament.

And Mattek beating Venus? Really? She might be a fairly high-ranked non-seed, but she'd done nothing this season and her red clay record was 1-3 including a loss to the mighty Keothavong. She has one MD RG win in her career and failed to even qualify 3 times. To me she was an easy 1st round opponent.
And apart from that, there was a stong chance of Cibulkova losing in rd1 as she has had a terrible last few weeks of injury and a couple of bad losses.

Oh, and I don't really see any lack of respect either.

Your title should read "Venus not being a great clay courter +never playing well enough at RG = no slam for Vee"

chuvack
May 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
The only thing I can agree with in this post is that Williams had a very tough draw. Improbably tough. The rest, that's life at a Grand Slam. The scheduling doesn't always go your way. Especially at the French where the mens matches go so fucking long and more often than not, force the last womens match of the day into darkness. If you are scheduled for the last match at Roland Garros you have to assume you are fucked. Thats a long term prob with the scheduling of the tournament not a anti-Williams conspriacy.

Horizon
May 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
No. Shitty, shitty play = no slam for Vee,

GS's are tough. You have to win seven matches. She's a professional athlete. You gotta suck it up and get on with your job.
Completely agree.

Bad draw? Not especially.

If you are worried about Bethanie Mattek Sands taking out Venus in the first round and count her as having a good chance of beating Venus, then sorry hun, clearly she wasn't going to win :lol:

Her draw wasn't horrendous to be honest, definetely doable for a player of her caliber. You should have to work to win a GS, and Venus was struggling all week and was complete shit today. She's the 3rd seed, she has 7 GS. She shouldn't lose these sorts of matches. She just wasn't winning this title.

mckyle.
She has come way closer than most.

Yes, but, sadly, Venus will probably never get another draw where she faces only one top 30 player like she did in 2002 to make the final.

debopero
Yeah it just wasn't fair and it wasn't right.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
The only thing I can agree with in this post is that Williams had a very tough draw. Improbably tough. The rest, that's life at a Grand Slam. The scheduling doesn't always go your way. Especially at the French where the mens matches go so fucking long and more often than not, force the last womens match of the day into darkness. If you are scheduled for the last match at Roland Garros you have to assume you are fucked. Thats a long term prob with the scheduling of the tournament not a anti-Williams conspriacy.

No1 is saying its an anti-Williams conspiracy, but if its such a blatant problem, why are the organisers subjecting Venus to being the sole player left to deal with it for 2 tournies on the run?

debopero
She was definitely playing well enough to get to the semis at-least

CoolDude7

This is just it, 99% of Venus fans didn't believe she would win, but it just sucks to get this bad of a schedule.. that's all

debopero
May 29th, 2009, 02:07 PM
but w/ the scheduling

mckyle.

Do you actually WATCH the matches before you comment on them? Venus played awful today.

serenus_2k8
Yes, but, sadly, Venus will probably never get another draw where she faces only one top 30 player like she did in 2002 to make the final.

She would only need a Safina or Maria like draw to be just as good tho ;)

MyskinaManiac
IW??

It's a two way street.

Wannabeknowitall
The blame game beings. It's called luck of the draw and yes Venus's draw sucked. But wasn't she beaten by a better player? Venus was never going to win the French open clay would have to be worst surface.

It takes a very big Lindsay fan like myself to admit that Vee had a tough draw. Thank you.

I'm one of the people who thinks Venus will never win the French as well.
But I see a pattern and I just don't agree with it that's all.

This is the thing that gets me.
The French Open organizers have seen what Safarova is capable of when she beat Mauresmo a few years back.

They know how dangerous she is.

Why put Venus in the same situation she was in the year before with a more dangerous player.

Maybe both if give the decision would have wanted to play that night but it should in my opinion been one of the featured matches knowing Safarova's history with both sisters.
She's played them tough always.

ladydiana
There was no way in hell that Venus was gonna get past the third round with the difficult schedule she was given.

How is it that Venus always gets these hard azz schedules where she has to play late and then play 2 different matches with harder opponents in the early rounds.

They fixed this schedule so Venus would have to wait unto the night to play her singles games, then they it would go into the next day and she'd have to play doubles as well.

Each day, Venus has been playing both singles and doubles. She has not had one day off.

It's mighty funny how Maria gets these easy azz draws. Why didn't Maria have some of these harder clay court players like Venus in her early rounds. Hell her ranking is lower than Venus. And why was she given the better times to get her matches out of the way so they wouldn't run into the next day.

The tournament directors did this on purpose because they wanted Venus out of the way before she met Maria because they know she would have taken down Maria because she's got Maria's game figured out.

Amelie, Ivana, Jelena, Maria, Dinara, and none of the other girls ever get this bad azz scheduling like they give Venus. It was no way in the world that Venus could win against a good clay court opponent after having won long difficult drawn out sets each day.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
IW??

It's a two way street.

Whats IW got to do with it?

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Excuses given the past few days (and it keeps coming every 5 minutes) :
- organizers wanted her to lose so they messed up the schedule on purpose
- dark and cold conditions for her first set against Lucie (why Safarova managed to adapt ? we'll never know...)
- knee injury
- racist crowd
- toughest draw ever
- beat herself
- wanted to focus on Wimbly
- she was exhausted by the two games she played to finish her double match
- her dress is to blame (yeah, I really read this lol)

I'll keep update this list if needed (and I'm sure it will be)

gmokb
May 29th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry but Venus is the one to blame for this disgraceful lost and no one else. She was not on the court that long yesterday for it to have an impact or it shouldn't have. If it did, then she was no way ready for the event. No, put the blame where the blame should be, on Venus.:mad: She is the one that came out and played a whole bag of loose shots. If Venus had learned to play a cleaner game, she would be the holder of so many more slams/trophies.:mad:

-jenks-
How many more threads are there going to be about the same thing? :rolleyes: :o

mckyle.
What about in tournaments like Acapulco and Zurich, where Venus played four or five days in a row?

You guys don't realize; these are PROFESSIONAL athletes. If they can't handle playing multiple days in a row, then why are they still playing? :shrug:

Horizon
She drops 4 sets in 3 matches and she was playing well enough to reach the semis? :help:

Nicolas
:help: @ the threadstarter

serenus_2k8
- dark and cold conditions for her first set against Lucie (why Safarova managed to adapt ? we'll never know...)
- knee injury
- racist crowd
- toughest draw ever
- beat herself

Other than the dress, which of these do you believe arent a factor? We cant tell what the organisers want, but many say that the French crowd dont like Vee enough to put her on PC court, perhaps the organisers like her just as much and cant be bothered giving her a fair crack of the whip?

volta
May 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
can this be deleted?

this conspiracy theories are sooooooo last season

AnnaMariaMartina
May 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM
She walked past her fans on the way out and ignored their autograph requests. Classy !

Venus simply didn't play well and she was outplayed by better clay court players.

It doesn't matter what the draw was, Venus lost because she kept hitting the ball into the net.

CoolDude7
How many more threads are there going to be about the same thing? :rolleyes: :o

why are you the first one in each thread if you don't agree?? Lol Have a little class like the player in your avatar... who i like. If she would've had went on to win the match, and obviously wasn't in her match today against Szavy.. it would've been the same situation as the Both players yesterday played way above what was shown today.

homogenius
Other than the dress, which of these do you believe arent a factor? We cant tell what the organisers want, but many say that the French crowd dont like Vee enough to put her on PC court, perhaps the organisers like her just as much and cant be bothered giving her a fair crack of the whip?

Playing on Lenglen is not the reason why Venus lost(is she supposed to play and win only on PC ??!!), and it was a better choice to put Rezai vs De shrieko anyway (as shown by the respectives performances of all these players).

At the end, Venus was not a favorite to win the title (only hardcore fans believed this)so the excuses are not only ridiculous but irrelevant imo.

Serena-rules-no1
May 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
:sobbing:

shut the fuck up

iGOAT
:rolleyes: if Venus was a true champion and was going to win, she would have done it with this schedule. Her opponents were better.

ClaudiaZ-S
- knee injury
- racist crowd
- toughest draw ever
- beat herself

I agree...

In The Zone
She walked past her fans on the way out and ignored their autograph requests. Classy !

Venus simply didn't play well and she was outplayed by better clay court players.

It doesn't matter what the draw was, Venus lost because she kept hitting the ball into the net.

WRONG!

Venus lost because she was hitting the ball 30 feet long or wide. That forehand, ugh, :vomit: :rolleyes:

ladydiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
You guys don't realize; these are PROFESSIONAL athletes. If they can't handle playing multiple days in a row, then why are they still playing?

I wouldn't have a problem if we could get a tournament where all the other players get a schedule like Venus seems to always get. Even when Venus is scheduled 3rd or lower, she seems to get the hard azz schedules and Maria seems to get these cake walk schedules to ensure that she gets into the second round. It's funny how her ranking is much lower than Venus' and yet she managed to get another easy as walk to the second week.

gmokb
May 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Come on my fellow Venus fans. I know we took a beating but please stop these talks about it being due to the schedule. Venus as usual defeated herself with all those unforced errors. This is the worst I have ever seen her played in a while and she deserved to lose. We will just have to mourn and move on to the grass where our girl is Queen.

tennnisfannn
May 29th, 2009, 02:15 PM
What about in tournaments like Acapulco and Zurich, where Venus played four or five days in a row?

You guys don't realize; these are PROFESSIONAL athletes. If they can't handle playing multiple days in a row, then why are they still playing? :shrug:
Good point. The only difference being that likely opponents get simlar scheduling so they have same rest. One could make a point that it should not have to matter like at the AO Federer had a whole day more rest than nadal and it did not make a difference then while it may have made a huge difference last week in Madrid when Nadal arrived at the final so beat from a four hour marathon.

-jenks-
May 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
why are you the first one in each thread if you don't agree?? Lol Have a little class like the player in your avatar... who i like. If she would've had went on to win the match, and obviously wasn't in her match today against Szavy.. it would've been the same situation as the Both players yesterday played way above what was shown today.

Maybe I'm the first to post because I'm sick of all the threads saying the same thing. It's really not that difficult for an athlete like Venus to be able to play a match and a half in two days. I'm sure she's not going to blame the scheduling, so I don't understand why everyone else has to

AnnaMariaMartina
May 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM
The draw should have been a cakewalk for someone who is said to be "The greatest clay court player" of her generation in this very forum.

The #3 seed shouldn't lose to the #29 seed no matter what.

Venus beat herself, she's old and tired. She kept hitting the ball into the net or 30 feet past the line.

Uranus
May 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Venus is the first to blame for her loss :o. You guys are the ones acting like sore losers.
And if she can't win more than 2 matches in a slam, even with a tough draw, no, she sure doesn't deserve to win it all.
She deserved to lose, made UEs after UEs today. For most of the match, she was absolutely disgusting.
Yeah this is bad scheduling but don't start accusing FO organizers, like they did everything so that Venus loses *BIG :rolleyes:*.

Wannabeknowitall
May 29th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Do I feel that Mattek-Sands had a chance to beat Venus, since it was a 1st round and I know how Venus plays in them, yes.
Venus winning 95 out of 100 times in the situation though is still a chance.

She had a lot better chance than many people would have guessed Suarez Navarro did at this year's Australian, so yes at this point in time because Venus loses to certain players, I did add her to the list.

Sam L
May 29th, 2009, 02:20 PM
The draw should have been a cakewalk for someone who is said to be "The greatest clay court player" of her generation in this very forum.

Venus beat herself, she's old and tired. She kept hitting the ball into the net or 30 feet past the line.
It's the schedule not the draw. If you're forced to play 4 out of 5 days straight you'd lose even if the opponents are horrid. :rolleyes:

new-york
May 29th, 2009, 02:20 PM
most importantly, Venus screwed herself.

frenchie
May 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I love Venus and I wanted her to do well but I don't blame anything except Venus poor play

AnnaMariaMartina
May 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
No one forced Venus to do anything. Last time I checked she was playing on her own free will and entered herself into doubles knowing that this schedule could occur.

gmokb
May 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Maybe I'm the first to post because I'm sick of all the threads saying the same thing. It's really not that difficult for an athlete like Venus to be able to play a match and a half in two days. I'm sure she's not going to blame the scheduling, so I don't understand why everyone else has to

There is no law saying that you have to read all of them, especially since you are so sick of them:rolleyes:

Lets hope your young and fresh player can final win a slam.:mad:

dany.p
May 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I'm a bit annoyed with the schedule venus got, but to say that crappy scheduling is the reason she didnt win the french this year is kind of silly. Venus just doesn't have the RG record to back this statement up.

Hurley
May 29th, 2009, 02:27 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=380489

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=380479

azinna
May 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Scheduling was definitely a factor in Venus' play today. Could RG organizers have made it easier for her? Yes. Have organizers of slams and other big sporting events done so for athletes they wish to see in finals? Yes (see lots of scheduling for players in their home slams/events). Did the RG organizers have to make it easier for Venus to play singles and doubles? Of course not. And the fact that they didn't doesn't suggest some conspiracy.

But tough scheduling is certainly a reason for and factor in athlete's losses in competition. Former players and coaches cite it all the time while commentating. It's part of what can make winning more difficult and losing more probable. And it isn't automatically sour grapes or sore losing to mention it in this situation.

And yes, clay is not Venus' most comfortable surface. That, too, is a factor. As is her tendency to find her slam form around June.

alfonsojose
Actually it's the opposite.

Playing shit at RG = 6th Wimbledon title

:lol: Exactly

Lindsayfan32
Venus is the first to blame for her loss :o. You guys are the ones acting like sore losers.
And if she can't win more than 2 matches in a slam, even with a tough draw, no, she sure doesn't deserve to win it all.
She deserved to lose, made UEs after UEs today. For most of the match, she was absolutely disgusting.
Yeah this is bad scheduling but don't start accusing FO organizers, like they did everything so that Venus loses *BIG :rolleyes:*.

I totally agree with you Hantu. It's a shame Venus's fans are sore losers

volta
May 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I totally agree with you Hantu. It's a shame Venus's fans are sore losers

yes yes yes we are all sore losers.

btw you only crawl out of your hole when the talk in town is Williams?

Boomguy
May 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Bitch Bitch Bitch. The organisers are not againest players I reckon Venus herself will be disgusted with that performance that she did. Venus Williams will never blame the organising. Its just you idoit fans making excuses for her losses.

aguy9797
May 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
....because it should be illegal to make the Williams Sisters play with players ranked higher than 120 in sisters quest for grand slams :rolleyes:

AnnaMariaMartina
May 29th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Whatever happened to personal responsibility ? Why is it always someone else's fault when a Williams loses ?

Pro athletes should be able to work out a few hours a day, that's what they do. Venus lost because she played poorly, not because of the draw or the schedule or any other factor. Get over it.

ladydiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Well I'd really like to see how Maria would play if she was given hard azz rounds like Venus and had to wait until night to get started, then have it continue the next day. I'd like to see how she'd do if she was given hard opponents each day, and they have the schedule skrew her up where she has to play everyday and wait until the day is almost over to get on the courts.

Maria is not better than Venus on clay, the difference is the tournament directors keep giving her these easy azz opponents and favorable schedules because they want her to win the FO so she can have her career slam like Serena. In 2007 Maria was given a easy azz cakewalk at the FO because they wanted her to win, but she got bumped out. It's Maria who they want to win this tournament because they know that she has the power to bang the ball hard enough to beat Dinara, Elena, and Ivana if she makes it to the finals. They had to eliminate Venus out of her path and they did that with tough opponents and a hard schedule. Maria should have had some of these hard opponents because her ranking is much lower than Venus'. But it isn't gonna matter because she's not gonna win the FO this year.

And the girl who beat Venus today she isn't gonna win because like the other girls who took Venus out early in other slams, they sizzled to nothing, and she'll do the same. Her win over Venus today was her 15 minutes of fame like the Vaidosova, Sprem, the girl from Australia, and the lot and caboodle of them.

The Dawntreader
May 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
The excuses are futile. Venus just wasn't good enough. Bottom line.

bridgepea
May 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Who gives a shit about the French Open anyway. Bring on Wimbledon. Here comes Title No. 6

MyskinaManiac
May 29th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Whats IW got to do with it?

It's not as though Venus can pick and chose when and where she wants to play ALL the time. It's as if people have given her a divine right to do as she pleases. For one, Venus has yet to voice her opinion on the matter from what I gather, and secondly she played poorly.

I remember seeing an out of shape Mary Pierce play two matches in one day at the US open... if she can do that, then I'm sure Venus can man up.

aguy9797
Well I'd really like to see how Maria would play if she was given hard azz rounds like Venus and had to wait until night to get started, then have it continue the next day. I'd like to see how she'd do if she was given hard opponents each day, and they have the schedule skrew her up where she has to play everyday and wait until the day is almost over to get on the courts.

Maria is not better than Venus on clay, the difference is the tournament directors keep giving her these easy azz opponents and favorable schedules because they want her to win the FO so she can have her career slam like Serena. In 2007 Maria was given a easy azz cakewalk at the FO because they wanted her to win, but she got bumped out. It's Maria who they want to win this tournament because they know that she has the power to bang the ball hard enough to beat Dinara, Elena, and Ivana if she makes it to the finals. They had to eliminate Venus out of her path and they did that with tough opponents and a hard schedule. Maria should have had some of these hard opponents because her ranking is much lower than Venus'. But it isn't gonna matter because she's not gonna win the FO this year.

And the girl who beat Venus today she isn't gonna win because like the other girls who took Venus out early in other slams, they sizzled to nothing, and she'll do the same. Her win over Venus today was her 15 minutes of fame like the Vaidosova, Sprem, the girl from Australia, and the lot and caboodle of them.

I hope you are very wrong about Agnes...hopefully Agnes has already come to terms with her huge potentials and will be able to prove it soon

dav abu
look it she was beaten off the court today by the better player and well beaten off it = no slam. People would want to catch themselves on a bit blaming the organisers!!

Lord Choc Ice
May 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Excuses Excuses.

There's a very good reason why Venus rarely if ever makes if past the quarterfinals (if she even gets that far) at non-Wimbledon slams. She's just a total headcase off grass. She's a one-surface mug when it comes to the slams (she has no problems winning MM tournaments on non-grass surfaces for some reason).

I like her but the evidence is clear. Venus has a big enough game to take down anyone - even her little sister. It's a bit sad that some people think that this draw was too tough. She's a 7-time slam winner FFS. She just chooses to live for Wimbledon and that's it. :shrug:

MyskinaManiac
May 29th, 2009, 02:48 PM

Wow. :rolleyes:

I do not agree with you. The girls you mention are equally as talented as Venus, which makes you statement so idiotic.

ladydiana
May 29th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I remember seeing an out of shape Mary Pierce play two matches in one day at the US open... if she can do that, then I'm sure Venus can man up.

Yeah but did she have to wait until the night and did she have to play two matches everyday did? Playing two matches on one day is easy, but doing it everyday all day and then have it coupled with hard opponents. I'm not blaming Venus' opponent because she did nothing wrong. She was well rested and didn't have to play everyday and twice a day. She has been able to have her day's off in between and she was fresh and well rested.

All of these players wether they are great or not, seems to get the favorable schedules and times to play, but Venus seems to get harder schedules. I just want to see some of them get a schedule like Venus at least once. Especially the players who are ranked in the top 10. Let see how they will fair given Venus' opponents and schedule.

gmokb
May 29th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Who gives a shit about the French Open anyway. Bring on Wimbledon. Here comes Title No. 6

Yeah baby:bounce:

CoolDude7
May 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
There is no conspiracy, there was just bad scheduling...which we all had mention way before Venus lost. Szav was just too much today, and I am sure Venus will say something along those lines in the interview

WIMBLY2004
May 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't have a problem if we could get a tournament where all the other players get a schedule like Venus seems to always get. Even when Venus is scheduled 3rd or lower, she seems to get the hard azz schedules and Maria seems to get these cake walk schedules to ensure that she gets into the second round. It's funny how her ranking is much lower than Venus' and yet she managed to get another easy as walk to the second week.

Didn't Venus have a cake walk draw in AO this year? She must have been screwed by the tournament organizer favouring Maria, that's the only explanation on her loss, those bastards...wait a minute, Maria didn't play there this year, anyway, there must be some conspiracy, they always screw Venus because of Maria, always :fiery:

WIMBLY2004
May 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM

So tell us, do you think those players beating Venus are good or not, first you complained they were too hard opponents, and then you said they were nobody, this is just their 15 minutes of fame :confused:

Ksenia.
May 29th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I stopped reading after "could have saw", which shows what an educated person you are.

InsideOut.
May 29th, 2009, 03:25 PM
She drops 4 sets in 3 matches and she was playing well enough to reach the semis? :help:

Compare and contrast. Safina drops 4 GAMES in 3 matches. As if Venus was going to win playing like that crap. It's her problem that she can't get more than 4 games against Agnes. With her serve she has no excuse losing serve from 40-15 up and getting broken to love. She had chances to do a bit more in the 1st set and just played shit. She plays everyday at other events anyway, so while she has a reason to not play at her BEST, she has no excuse for playing like shit. She loses because she plays like shit. Not because of some non-existent conspiring event organizers. You could be a bestselling author with your rampant imagination.

~Cherry*Blossom~
May 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
:o :tape:

The schedule had nothing to do with this loss. It was her shit play that made her lose. There is no excuse for it.

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Im gonna leave the haters to enjoy this. I know Vee is better than all ur faves :lol: Have a nice day :wavey:

kris719
May 29th, 2009, 03:39 PM
oh come on. a tennis court is a tennis court. if you let where you play affect how you play, you don't deserve to win anything. and a player who plays both doubles and singles is bound to create scheduling problems for herself because of herself. schedulers have tons of matches to place and can not move or delay other matches to make sure venus has enough rest. if you play both, you bring it on yourself.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
:yawn:

mapaliey
May 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
i don't know, who more retard...venus play like shit or her fans,can't accept her lost....lost...come on ...rena....

Expat
May 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
she shouldnt have played doubles if she felt that scheduling was a concern

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
she played shit so she wouldnt have won anyways but she must be a bit pissed off with the scheduling-clearly the tournament organizers didnt think she would win either

venus will only win the RG title if shes fully on her game, like old school venus, that only happens for a couple of matches at wimby every year

~{X}~
May 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/nav/top/wimbledonbanner.gif

Double Fault
May 29th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Scheduling have naff all to do with it. Singles & Doubles? So what.

I am a huge Venus fan - but she played poorly today. As simple as that.

Hell, Navratilova used to play singles, doubles AND mixed and more times that not won all three.

josh3135
May 29th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Apparently some folks believe that since the Williams Sisters made it to the final of RG 7 years ago that somehow that entitles them both to make it to the finals every year until the end of time.

Maybe you folks should petition the ITF to give the Sisters an automatic bye to the QFs of every slam they enter. It still won't excuse their shitty playing, though.

~{X}~
May 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Scheduling have naff all to do with it. Singles & Doubles? So what.

I am a huge Venus fan - but she played poorly today. As simple as that.

Hell, Navratilova used to play singles, doubles AND mixed and more times that not won all three.

Navratilova is a robot. :p

Polikarpov
May 29th, 2009, 04:09 PM
And what are your excuses for Venus' past results?

Matt01
May 29th, 2009, 04:13 PM

:lol: I'm sorry but Venus was lucky to even survive the 1st round at this tournament. Then in the 2nd round she was practically already out and by the 3rd round a bad loss was just inevitable :p

Marshmallow
May 29th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I'm glad to see Wannabe... still posting around here. Haven't seen a post by you in AGES. Too many older posters went into retirement.

^.^

TennisViewer531
May 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
While we're discussing this, Venus is already having a great time in Paris - chitchatting with her friends, already forgetting the loss and focusing now on doubles..

Double Fault
May 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Navratilova is a robot. :p
:) I forgot about that.

Tennisstar86
May 29th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Venus looked a hot mess.... which is sad really, I thought after yesterday she'd have her shit together..... oh well...

Got beat by a better player? Ha..... anyone could have beaten Venus today.

Matt01
May 29th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I'm glad to see Wannabe... still posting around here.

Yeah, nice to see. And he's back with a quality thread :lol:

:help:

darrinbaker00
May 29th, 2009, 04:19 PM
If she was playing well enough to get to the semis, she would have gotten to the semis. Venus lost because Agnes Szavay played better tennis than she did today. Period.

Sharpie4me
May 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Now Venus is up against Szavay again. In doubles :rolls:
Maybe she'll get revenge ;)

The Kaz
May 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM

Err...no she wasn't if she required 3 sets to beat Mattek-Sands and Safarova.

Stop being delusion and face facts. Venus just doesn't cut it on Clay. She never has and never will.

AnnaMariaMartina
May 29th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Szavay is going to have the pleasure of beating Venus twice today.

Sally Todd
May 29th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Venus had a very rough draw. The scheduling sucked. But she just came out flat today.

The Safarova match was high quality stuff and it really took something out of her.

Today's match with Szavay was about one quarter as good or interesting, and I'm a big Agi fan.

gentenaire
May 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Boo@the French for scheduling rain!

(and if there are 5 players you could see beat Venus before the quarters, methinks it's quite clear she's far from good enough to win the whole tournament)

starin
May 29th, 2009, 05:06 PM
i keep saying this but RG organizers give Venus more respect than Wimbledon organizers especially considering the # of time Venus has bombed out of RG compared w/ the # of times Venus has won Wimbledon and played thrilling matches along the way.

homogenius
May 29th, 2009, 05:21 PM
i keep saying this but RG organizers give Venus more respect than Wimbledon organizers especially considering the # of time Venus has bombed out of RG compared w/ the # of times Venus has won Wimbledon and played thrilling matches along the way.

true

serenus_2k8
May 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM

No they dont. Watching Vee blast through her opponents isnt really that exciting for the crowd, and the organisers know they will get later matches to put her on Center. The RG organisers give her shit condition matches, which is NOT the case in Wimbledon, despite the result its had.

timafi
May 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
conspiracy theory by Shriver and you:rolleyes:

gentenaire
May 29th, 2009, 05:32 PM
No they dont. Watching Vee blast through her opponents isnt really that exciting for the crowd, and the organisers know they will get later matches to put her on Center. The RG organisers give her shit condition matches, which is NOT the case in Wimbledon, despite the result its had.

They did put her on centre originally! It happens at all slams that when a previous match turns into a marathon match, that the match after that is moved to another court.

And to say that this wouldn't have happened at Wimbledon is ridiculous, considering the number of matches that get interrupted by rain.

Br'er Rabbit
May 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I don't even think you can blame the organizing. It screwed up everyone's matches so to say Venus got to bad end of the straw is strecthing it a bit. I think the reason for Venus's loss today was because she came out flat wasn't playing great at all. I've seen worst scheduling at Wimbledon towards Venus than at Rolland Garros